[O] Icalendar-export, priorities missing, possible bug

2013-02-10 Thread Anders Johansson

Hi,
When I'm exporting to icalendar, the priorities of todo items (or 
perhaps any items) don't get carried through correctly. It always falls 
back to priority 5 (the default).


After doing some edebugging I found that

(string-match org-priority-regexp hd)   [org-icalendar.el:539]

never seems to match.

This might be because 'hd' is group 4 True headline from the matching 
done with 'org-complex-heading-regexp' whereas group 3 according to this 
variable's docstring should hold the Priority cookie.


I guess someone who has greater knowledge of the code could see if this 
is really the case and fix it.


I can provide more debugging output and examples if needed and if others 
can't reproduce this.


Greetings,
Anders Johansson




Re: [O] Icalendar-export, priorities missing, possible bug

2013-02-10 Thread Nicolas Goaziou
Hello,

Anders Johansson mejlaande...@gmail.com writes:

 When I'm exporting to icalendar, the priorities of todo items (or
 perhaps any items) don't get carried through correctly. It always
 falls back to priority 5 (the default).

 After doing some edebugging I found that

 (string-match org-priority-regexp hd)   [org-icalendar.el:539]

 never seems to match.

 This might be because 'hd' is group 4 True headline from the
 matching done with 'org-complex-heading-regexp' whereas group
 3 according to this variable's docstring should hold the Priority
 cookie.

 I guess someone who has greater knowledge of the code could see if
 this is really the case and fix it.

 I can provide more debugging output and examples if needed and if
 others can't reproduce this.

iCalendar export back-end has been rewritten. It is accessible from the
git distribution of Org. I didn't check if that bug is still present
though.


Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou



Re: [O] Icalendar-export, priorities missing, possible bug

2013-02-10 Thread Anders Johansson

Hi,

2013-02-10 20:31, Nicolas Goaziou skrev:

Hello,

Anders Johansson mejlaande...@gmail.com writes:


When I'm exporting to icalendar, the priorities of todo items (or
perhaps any items) don't get carried through correctly. It always
falls back to priority 5 (the default).

After doing some edebugging I found that

 (string-match org-priority-regexp hd)   [org-icalendar.el:539]

never seems to match.

This might be because 'hd' is group 4 True headline from the
matching done with 'org-complex-heading-regexp' whereas group
3 according to this variable's docstring should hold the Priority
cookie.

I guess someone who has greater knowledge of the code could see if
this is really the case and fix it.

I can provide more debugging output and examples if needed and if
others can't reproduce this.

iCalendar export back-end has been rewritten. It is accessible from the
git distribution of Org. I didn't check if that bug is still present
though.


Regards,

Oh, that looks completely different. Taking a look at the newest git 
source, priority is now found like this (ox-icalendar.el)


 705  (let ((pri (or (org-element-property 
:priority entry)

 706 org-default-priority)))

and assuming this is consistent with the new framework it should of 
course work, but I haven't tested yet.


Funny that I found this problem now, using the less than a week old 
ELPA-package (20130204), when the new export framework was moved into 
core (commit 8dd2bf) just three days ago.


Greetings,
Anders Johansson