Re: [Orgmode] export problem

2010-04-24 Thread charles snyder
I think that problem seemed to be localized to one machine, probably from
the tex installation.

Thanks

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Nick Dokos nicholas.do...@hp.com wrote:

 Nick Dokos nicholas.do...@hp.com wrote:

  charles snyder clsny...@gmail.com wrote:
 
   Thanks Nick!
  
  Glad to help!
 

 BTW, I forgot that you originally reported two problems: the freemind
 export
 was one of them, but you also had problems with a PDF export. AFAICT, the
 solution to the freemind problem could not possibly affect the PDF export,
 so I assume that the latter is still a problem - is that correct?

 Thanks,
 Nick

   On 2 different machines,
   I got a no match when I tried C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET
   and when I followed your instructions:
  
   M-x load-library RET org-freemind RET
   followed by C-c C-e m
  
   It worked!
  
   so, when I added:
  
   (load-library C:/Users/clsnyder/Documents/org-6.33/lisp/org-freemind)
 to my .emacs, it works!
  
   but I have no clue why it stopped working and why I need to add this
 when the line above it in .emacs is:
  
   (add-to-list 'load-path C:/Users/clsnyder/Documents/org-6.33/lisp)
  
 
  The add-to-list just tells emacs where to find the files that it needs to
 load.
  Because of it, you should be able to load org-freemind using just
 
  (load-library org-freemind)
 
  The loading itself can be done in various ways: explicitly as shown
 above, or
  implicitly through the autoload mechanism.
 
  In my case, I load org-install.el (in my .emacs). org-install.el contains
 the following:
 
  (autoload 'org-export-as-freemind org-freemind \
  Not documented
 
  \(fn ARG optional HIDDEN EXT-PLIST TO-BUFFER BODY-ONLY PUB-DIR) t nil)
 
  so that when org-export-as-freemind is called, the autoload loads
 org-freemind.el (or
  org-freemind.elc if the compiled file exists), that defines the function
 and the
  call succeeds.
 
  At least, that's how it *should* work. You could do a little detective
 work in your
  setup to see how things are initialized and why it did not work.
 
  One hint is that after the autoload is done but before you call the
 function,
  if you say
 
 C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET
 
  it will say
 
  ,
  | org-export-as-freemind is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in
  | `org-freemind.el'.
  |
  | (org-export-as-freemind ARG optional HIDDEN EXT-PLIST TO-BUFFER
  | BODY-ONLY PUB-DIR)
  |
  | Not documented
  `
 
  After you call the function once (which completes the loading),
 
 C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET
 
  will say something else:
 
  ,
  | org-export-as-freemind is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
  | `org-freemind.el'.
  |
  | (org-export-as-freemind ARG optional HIDDEN EXT-PLIST TO-BUFFER
  | BODY-ONLY PUB-DIR)
  |
  | Not documented.
  `
 
  Of course, in your case, emacs didn't know the function at all, so the
  autoload never happened: either you are not loading org-install.el or
  org-install.el does not contain the autoload form.
 
  HTH,
  Nick
 
 
 
 
 
 
  ___
  Emacs-orgmode mailing list
  Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
  Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
  http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode
 




-- 
Charles L. Snyder, MD
Professor of Surgery
Children's Mercy Hospital
Kansas City, MO
www.clsnyder.com
___
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode


Re: [Orgmode] export problem

2010-04-23 Thread Nick Dokos
Nick Dokos nicholas.do...@hp.com wrote:

 charles snyder clsny...@gmail.com wrote:
 
  Thanks Nick!
  
 Glad to help!
 

BTW, I forgot that you originally reported two problems: the freemind export
was one of them, but you also had problems with a PDF export. AFAICT, the
solution to the freemind problem could not possibly affect the PDF export,
so I assume that the latter is still a problem - is that correct?

Thanks,
Nick

  On 2 different machines,
  I got a no match when I tried C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET
  and when I followed your instructions:
  
  M-x load-library RET org-freemind RET
  followed by C-c C-e m
  
  It worked!
  
  so, when I added:
  
  (load-library C:/Users/clsnyder/Documents/org-6.33/lisp/org-freemind) to 
  my .emacs, it works!
  
  but I have no clue why it stopped working and why I need to add this when 
  the line above it in .emacs is:
  
  (add-to-list 'load-path C:/Users/clsnyder/Documents/org-6.33/lisp)
  
 
 The add-to-list just tells emacs where to find the files that it needs to 
 load.
 Because of it, you should be able to load org-freemind using just
 
 (load-library org-freemind)
 
 The loading itself can be done in various ways: explicitly as shown above, or
 implicitly through the autoload mechanism.
 
 In my case, I load org-install.el (in my .emacs). org-install.el contains the 
 following:
 
 (autoload 'org-export-as-freemind org-freemind \
 Not documented
 
 \(fn ARG optional HIDDEN EXT-PLIST TO-BUFFER BODY-ONLY PUB-DIR) t nil)
 
 so that when org-export-as-freemind is called, the autoload loads 
 org-freemind.el (or
 org-freemind.elc if the compiled file exists), that defines the function and 
 the
 call succeeds.
 
 At least, that's how it *should* work. You could do a little detective work 
 in your
 setup to see how things are initialized and why it did not work.
 
 One hint is that after the autoload is done but before you call the function,
 if you say
 
C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET
 
 it will say
 
 ,
 | org-export-as-freemind is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in
 | `org-freemind.el'.
 | 
 | (org-export-as-freemind ARG optional HIDDEN EXT-PLIST TO-BUFFER
 | BODY-ONLY PUB-DIR)
 | 
 | Not documented
 `
 
 After you call the function once (which completes the loading),
 
C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET
 
 will say something else:
 
 ,
 | org-export-as-freemind is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
 | `org-freemind.el'.
 | 
 | (org-export-as-freemind ARG optional HIDDEN EXT-PLIST TO-BUFFER
 | BODY-ONLY PUB-DIR)
 | 
 | Not documented.
 `
 
 Of course, in your case, emacs didn't know the function at all, so the
 autoload never happened: either you are not loading org-install.el or
 org-install.el does not contain the autoload form.
 
 HTH,
 Nick
 
 
 
 
 
 
 ___
 Emacs-orgmode mailing list
 Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
 Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
 http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode
 


___
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode


Re: [Orgmode] export problem

2010-04-22 Thread charles snyder
I get the same error message (Wrong type argument: commandp,
org-export-as-freemind)   with *any *org file on:

home windows 7 emacs 23, orgmode 6.34
home mac osx as previously described -emacs/aquamacs
work windows XP emacs 23
(all gnu emacs)
all have different .emacs files
all are using recent (6.33a to latest) versions of orgmode

cls

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Nick Dokos nicholas.do...@hp.com wrote:

 charles snyder clsny...@gmail.com wrote:


  Until recently, my org exports worked perfectly. I haven't made any
 changes I am aware of. Now
  I am having export problems with my .org files.
 
  When I try to export as freemind (C-c C-e  m) I get:
  wrong type argument: org-export-as-freemind.
 
  When I try to export as pdf (C-c C-e  d), I get the following error:
  ...
  Runaway argument?
  {Request Library books \href {
 http://www.jocolibrary.org/default.aspx\ETChttp://www.jocolibrary.org/default.aspx%5CETC
 .
  ! File ended while scanning use of \...@xdblarg.
  inserted text
  \par
  ...
  I am using org mode 6.35 emacs, GNU Emacs 22.3.1
  (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0) or Aquamacs GNU Emacs
  23.0.94.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54) on mac osx
  (but same problem on windows)
 

 I tried both exports on a (trivial, although it did include some links)
 org file and I had no problems. Can you try to get a minimal example of
 an org file that causes these problems for you and post it here? Posting
 the whole file (modulo any privacy concerns) is the second best
 possibility.

 If that is not possible, it's going to be tougher going: try exporting
 to latex and then run pdftex on it by hand. If that gives you the same
 error, then post the portion of the latex file around the error and the
 corresponding portion of the org file. That's probably not going to be
 enough information but you never know.

 Nick




-- 
Charles L. Snyder, MD
Professor of Surgery
Children's Mercy Hospital
Kansas City, MO
www.clsnyder.com
___
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode


Re: [Orgmode] export problem

2010-04-22 Thread Nick Dokos
charles snyder clsny...@gmail.com wrote:

 I get the same error message (Wrong type argument: commandp, 
 org-export-as-freemind)   with any org file on:
 
 home windows 7 emacs 23, orgmode 6.34
 home mac osx as previously described -emacs/aquamacs
 work windows XP emacs 23
 (all gnu emacs)
 all have different .emacs files
 all are using recent (6.33a to latest) versions of orgmode
 
 cls
 

This sounds as if org-freemind is not loaded. What does

  C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET

say? If it is says No match, try loading org-freemind:

M-x load-library RET org-freemind RET

and try the export again.

If that does not work, I assume that you somehow introduced the same
setup problem on all the machines. I'd concentrate on one machine, debug
it there and then propagate the fix(es) to all the others.

To debug it, please read section 1.4, Feedback,  of the Org manual.
In particular, the section on How to create a useful backtrace. Since
the problem is easy to reproduce, that's the most likely path to success.
When you get the backtrace, post it here.

Thanks,
Nick


 On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Nick Dokos nicholas.do...@hp.com wrote:
 
 charles snyder clsny...@gmail.com wrote:
 
  Until recently, my org exports worked perfectly. I haven't made any 
 changes I am aware of. Now
  I am having export problems with my .org files. 
 
  When I try to export as freemind (C-c C-e  m) I get:
  wrong type argument: org-export-as-freemind. 
 
  When I try to export as pdf (C-c C-e  d), I get the following error:
  ...
  Runaway argument?
  {Request Library books \href 
 {http://www.jocolibrary.org/default.aspx\ETC.
  ! File ended while scanning use of \...@xdblarg.
  inserted text 
                  \par 
  ...
  I am using org mode 6.35 emacs, GNU Emacs 22.3.1
  (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0) or Aquamacs GNU Emacs
  23.0.94.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54) on mac osx
  (but same problem on windows)
 

 I tried both exports on a (trivial, although it did include some links)
 org file and I had no problems. Can you try to get a minimal example of
 an org file that causes these problems for you and post it here? Posting
 the whole file (modulo any privacy concerns) is the second best
 possibility.

 If that is not possible, it's going to be tougher going: try exporting
 to latex and then run pdftex on it by hand. If that gives you the same
 error, then post the portion of the latex file around the error and the
 corresponding portion of the org file. That's probably not going to be
 enough information but you never know.

 Nick
 
 --
 Charles L. Snyder, MD
 Professor of Surgery
 Children's Mercy Hospital
 Kansas City, MO
 www.clsnyder.com
 


___
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode


Re: [Orgmode] export problem

2010-04-22 Thread charles snyder
Thanks Nick!

On 2 different machines,
I got a no match when I tried C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET
and when I followed your instructions:

M-x load-library RET org-freemind RET
followed by C-c C-e m

It worked!

so, when I added:

(load-library C:/Users/clsnyder/Documents/org-6.33/lisp/org-freemind) to
my .emacs, it works!

but I have no clue why it stopped working and why I need to add this when
the line above it in .emacs is:

(add-to-list 'load-path C:/Users/clsnyder/Documents/org-6.33/lisp)

Thanks for all your help

Chuck


On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Nick Dokos nicholas.do...@hp.com wrote:

 charles snyder clsny...@gmail.com wrote:

  I get the same error message (Wrong type argument: commandp,
 org-export-as-freemind)   with any org file on:
 
  home windows 7 emacs 23, orgmode 6.34
  home mac osx as previously described -emacs/aquamacs
  work windows XP emacs 23
  (all gnu emacs)
  all have different .emacs files
  all are using recent (6.33a to latest) versions of orgmode
 
  cls
 

 This sounds as if org-freemind is not loaded. What does

  C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET

 say? If it is says No match, try loading org-freemind:

M-x load-library RET org-freemind RET

 and try the export again.

 If that does not work, I assume that you somehow introduced the same
 setup problem on all the machines. I'd concentrate on one machine, debug
 it there and then propagate the fix(es) to all the others.

 To debug it, please read section 1.4, Feedback,  of the Org manual.
 In particular, the section on How to create a useful backtrace. Since
 the problem is easy to reproduce, that's the most likely path to success.
 When you get the backtrace, post it here.

 Thanks,
 Nick


  On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Nick Dokos nicholas.do...@hp.com
 wrote:
 
  charles snyder clsny...@gmail.com wrote:
 
   Until recently, my org exports worked perfectly. I haven't made any
 changes I am aware of. Now
   I am having export problems with my .org files.
  
   When I try to export as freemind (C-c C-e  m) I get:
   wrong type argument: org-export-as-freemind.
  
   When I try to export as pdf (C-c C-e  d), I get the following
 error:
   ...
   Runaway argument?
   {Request Library books \href {
 http://www.jocolibrary.org/default.aspx\ETChttp://www.jocolibrary.org/default.aspx%5CETC
 .
   ! File ended while scanning use of \...@xdblarg.
   inserted text
   \par
   ...
   I am using org mode 6.35 emacs, GNU Emacs 22.3.1
   (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0) or Aquamacs GNU
 Emacs
   23.0.94.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54) on mac
 osx
   (but same problem on windows)
  
 
  I tried both exports on a (trivial, although it did include some
 links)
  org file and I had no problems. Can you try to get a minimal example
 of
  an org file that causes these problems for you and post it here?
 Posting
  the whole file (modulo any privacy concerns) is the second best
  possibility.
 
  If that is not possible, it's going to be tougher going: try
 exporting
  to latex and then run pdftex on it by hand. If that gives you the
 same
  error, then post the portion of the latex file around the error and
 the
  corresponding portion of the org file. That's probably not going to
 be
  enough information but you never know.
 
  Nick
 
  --
  Charles L. Snyder, MD
  Professor of Surgery
  Children's Mercy Hospital
  Kansas City, MO
  www.clsnyder.com
 




-- 
Charles L. Snyder, MD
Professor of Surgery
Children's Mercy Hospital
Kansas City, MO
www.clsnyder.com
___
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode


Re: [Orgmode] export problem

2010-04-22 Thread Nick Dokos
charles snyder clsny...@gmail.com wrote:

 Thanks Nick!
 
Glad to help!

 On 2 different machines,
 I got a no match when I tried C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET
 and when I followed your instructions:
 
 M-x load-library RET org-freemind RET
 followed by C-c C-e m
 
 It worked!
 
 so, when I added:
 
 (load-library C:/Users/clsnyder/Documents/org-6.33/lisp/org-freemind) to my 
 .emacs, it works!
 
 but I have no clue why it stopped working and why I need to add this when the 
 line above it in .emacs is:
 
 (add-to-list 'load-path C:/Users/clsnyder/Documents/org-6.33/lisp)
 

The add-to-list just tells emacs where to find the files that it needs to load.
Because of it, you should be able to load org-freemind using just

(load-library org-freemind)

The loading itself can be done in various ways: explicitly as shown above, or
implicitly through the autoload mechanism.

In my case, I load org-install.el (in my .emacs). org-install.el contains the 
following:

(autoload 'org-export-as-freemind org-freemind \
Not documented

\(fn ARG optional HIDDEN EXT-PLIST TO-BUFFER BODY-ONLY PUB-DIR) t nil)

so that when org-export-as-freemind is called, the autoload loads 
org-freemind.el (or
org-freemind.elc if the compiled file exists), that defines the function and the
call succeeds.

At least, that's how it *should* work. You could do a little detective work in 
your
setup to see how things are initialized and why it did not work.

One hint is that after the autoload is done but before you call the function,
if you say

   C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET

it will say

,
| org-export-as-freemind is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in
| `org-freemind.el'.
| 
| (org-export-as-freemind ARG optional HIDDEN EXT-PLIST TO-BUFFER
| BODY-ONLY PUB-DIR)
| 
| Not documented
`

After you call the function once (which completes the loading),

   C-h f org-export-as-freemind RET

will say something else:

,
| org-export-as-freemind is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
| `org-freemind.el'.
| 
| (org-export-as-freemind ARG optional HIDDEN EXT-PLIST TO-BUFFER
| BODY-ONLY PUB-DIR)
| 
| Not documented.
`

Of course, in your case, emacs didn't know the function at all, so the
autoload never happened: either you are not loading org-install.el or
org-install.el does not contain the autoload form.

HTH,
Nick






___
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode


Re: [Orgmode] export problem

2010-04-21 Thread Nick Dokos
charles snyder clsny...@gmail.com wrote:


 Until recently, my org exports worked perfectly. I haven't made any changes I 
 am aware of. Now
 I am having export problems with my .org files. 
 
 When I try to export as freemind (C-c C-e  m) I get:
 wrong type argument: org-export-as-freemind. 
 
 When I try to export as pdf (C-c C-e  d), I get the following error:
 ...
 Runaway argument?
 {Request Library books \href {http://www.jocolibrary.org/default.aspx\ETC.
 ! File ended while scanning use of \...@xdblarg.
 inserted text 
                 \par 
 ...
 I am using org mode 6.35 emacs, GNU Emacs 22.3.1
 (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0) or Aquamacs GNU Emacs
 23.0.94.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54) on mac osx
 (but same problem on windows)
 

I tried both exports on a (trivial, although it did include some links)
org file and I had no problems. Can you try to get a minimal example of
an org file that causes these problems for you and post it here? Posting
the whole file (modulo any privacy concerns) is the second best
possibility.

If that is not possible, it's going to be tougher going: try exporting
to latex and then run pdftex on it by hand. If that gives you the same
error, then post the portion of the latex file around the error and the
corresponding portion of the org file. That's probably not going to be
enough information but you never know.

Nick


___
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode