Re: Holiday Exercise

2016-08-05 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote: > > On 05 Aug 2016, at 15:01, Bruce Kellett wrote: > > On 5/08/2016 10:11 pm, Bruce Kellett wrote: >> >>> On 5/08/2016 9:30 pm, Bruno Marchal wrote: >>> >>> Just tell me if you are OK with question 1. The Helsinki guy is

Re: Holiday Exercise

2016-08-04 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote: > > On 03 Aug 2016, at 21:01, Brent Meeker wrote: > > >> >> On 8/3/2016 7:26 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote: >> >>> >>> On 02 Aug 2016, at 20:52, Brent Meeker wrote: >>> >>> On 8/2/2016 6:15 AM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

Re: Holiday Exercise

2016-08-03 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote: > > On 02 Aug 2016, at 22:39, Brent Meeker wrote: > > >> >> On 8/2/2016 11:05 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote: >> >>> Not at all. The existence of the computations is an elementary >>> metatheorem about Robinson Arithmetic, and

Re: Holiday Exercise

2016-07-19 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
In the fictional realm of art, where everything is a lie and the winning theory is the yummiest, all these things: cleopatra personhood intertwinedity river of thought are easily fusionated by some guy and girl playing Joni songs for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrBilBQ1C54

Re: Holiday Exercise

2016-07-15 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
The bickering levels reach a fever pitch and the two teams haven't even reached consensus concerning their status as teams at all in the first place. Then there are the heretics that question not only the match but game theory as well. But the drug is too hard to resist: to bicker... once more...

Re: self (was Re: Aristotle the Nitwit

2016-07-11 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
What if John does not want to engage with the argument? Shouldn't it be his right to say "no"? I'm arriving at the conclusion that his constant replies, negative + insulting as they are, are actually on par with the weird impatient expectation by you guys "that he should just answer in the

Re: Origin of mathematics

2015-04-22 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 6:16 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 4/22/2015 7:38 PM, PGC wrote: Quote: Both the records and the mathematical objects are human constructions which are brought into existence by exercises of human will; neither has any transcendental existence. Both

Re: Michael Graziano's theory of consciousness

2015-04-16 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: On 16 Apr 2015, at 06:34, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 5:33 AM, Bruce Kellett bhkell...@optusnet.com.au wrote: LizR wrote: On 16 April 2015 at 12:53, Bruce Kellett bhkell

Re: Michael Graziano's theory of consciousness

2015-04-15 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 5:33 AM, Bruce Kellett bhkell...@optusnet.com.au wrote: LizR wrote: On 16 April 2015 at 12:53, Bruce Kellett bhkell...@optusnet.com.au mailto:bhkell...@optusnet.com.au wrote: LizR wrote: On 15 April 2015 at 10:15, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com

Re: The MGA revisited

2015-04-01 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Russell Standish li...@hpcoders.com.au wrote: On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 05:17:00AM +0200, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:02 AM, Russell Standish li...@hpcoders.com.au wrote: I have always disagreed with this. The movie+broken

Re: The MGA revisited

2015-04-01 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 6:03 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 4/1/2015 8:34 PM, Russell Standish wrote: On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 02:48:47AM +0200, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: I still don't see what MGA pumps intuitively and incorrectly, as you seem to assume that MGA is bad

Re: The MGA revisited

2015-04-01 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 12:29 AM, Russell Standish li...@hpcoders.com.au wrote: On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 01:50:51PM +0200, Bruno Marchal wrote: OK, but so you agree that MGA shows that if comp is true, matter is of no use, unless we admit that a complex experience like a human dream can

Re: The MGA revisited

2015-03-31 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:02 AM, Russell Standish li...@hpcoders.com.au wrote: On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 07:28:51AM +0100, Quentin Anciaux wrote: The ab asurdo is showing computationalism is incompatible with physical supervenience, not that it is true. In the end by being forced to accept

Re: Michael Graziano's theory of consciousness

2015-03-29 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 11:57 PM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: Ok... Well now everybody can see you as you really are, And I'm perfectly satisfied with that because that is who I really am. What? Chief of equine

Re: The MGA revisited

2015-03-29 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Bruce Kellett bhkell...@optusnet.com.au wrote: meekerdb wrote: On 3/28/2015 12:33 AM, Bruce Kellett wrote: meekerdb wrote: As I said, conterfactual correctness has very little to do with the actual conscious moment. That is given simply by the sequence of

Re: The MGA revisited

2015-03-27 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:34 PM, LizR lizj...@gmail.com wrote: HmmmI'm not sure where I sit on that. I do feel like some sleight of hand has been pulled - not intentionally, of course. Perhaps the broken version might still be conscious, which means that ... eek. That's like saying

Re: The MGA revisited

2015-03-26 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:16 AM, LizR lizj...@gmail.com wrote: PGC - I think you may have skimmed over too much for me to grasp what you're saying. But maybe not. So does contradicition arise because you assume to start with that consciousness is created by computation, then show that it

Re: The MGA revisited

2015-03-26 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 1:10 AM, Bruce Kellett bhkell...@optusnet.com.au wrote: PGC wrote: Why or how is anybody arguing that problem is generated or solved by how somebody feels about it? It's via contradiction/standard reductio: assume conclusion false and negation to be true, and

Re: The MGA revisited

2015-03-26 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 2:09 AM, Bruce Kellett bhkell...@optusnet.com.au wrote: Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 1:10 AM, Bruce Kellett bhkell...@optusnet.com.au mailto:bhkell...@optusnet.com.au wrote: PGC wrote: Why or how is anybody arguing

Re: The world's most environmentally friendly car

2015-03-18 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:34 AM, LizR lizj...@gmail.com wrote: Well of course laughing AT people you dislike is a classic bullying technique. And then you say oh come on it was only a joke! Yet bullies never

Re: The world's most environmentally friendly car

2015-03-18 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:34 AM, LizR

Cosmology from Quantum Potential

2015-02-10 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
Cosmology from quantum potential Ahmed Farag Ali http://arxiv.org/find/gr-qc/1/au:+Ali_A/0/1/0/all/0/1, Saurya Das http://arxiv.org/find/gr-qc/1/au:+Das_S/0/1/0/all/0/1 (Submitted on 11 Apr 2014 (v1 http://arxiv.org/abs/1404.3093v1), last revised 29 Dec 2014 (this version, v3)) It was shown

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-02-09 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:16 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: On 08 Feb 2015, at 13:30, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote: Bruno, are you familiar with the atheistic (so-called) theologies of Dr. Eric Steinhart? He's a bright philosopher from William Patterson University, is the

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-02-03 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 6:54 AM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: On 02 Feb 2015, at 06:37, Samiya Illias wrote: On 02-Feb-2015, at 6:12 am, LizR lizj...@gmail.com wrote: On 2 February 2015 at 00:15,

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-02-01 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: Where do I insult your faith? I should have phrased it as 'my expression of faith' and not 'my faith'. I do not say

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-31 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: That is due to selective literalism, that you can do with any piece of literature or code of law, and conveniently blame it on the author. That's the problem with literalism though. It's always selective, when

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-31 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: This theologian stays true to more scientific attitude of ignorance in face of the unknown. Alhazen described his theology: I constantly sought knowledge and truth, and it became my belief that for gaining

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-31 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: This theologian stays true to more scientific attitude of ignorance in face of the unknown. Alhazen described his

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-31 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 5:16 AM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On 01-Feb-2015, at 1:57 am, Platonist

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-31 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On 01-Feb-2015, at 1:57 am, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: Kierkegaard complained about this with his own Religion, the Christians. Maybe all religions suffer from

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-30 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: On 27 Jan 2015, at 15:29, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: Hope this video has longer time online than most before being taken down (apologies to any late readers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4YOEHI8ctwx-yt-cl

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-27 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:03 AM, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: Ahhh… the dread paradox predicament…. Consider this: there are multiple truths and each hurts in its own way; it is therefore of some common comfort that nothing can escape!

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-27 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 4:15 AM, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: One must question whether the motives were really “to defend our freedom”, when in fact the de facto result has been a serious erosion of individual liberty. At the very

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-26 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 12:07 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: I like your use of the word calumny. An endless clash of civilization? Naw! But we do need to defend ourselves against the jihadi, and be able to retaliate, Piling more revenge killing

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-26 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:53 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: Trolling? Applied to your posts that is high praise as some trolls might feel insulted. I respect their feelings in a free internet ;-) You don't provoke or inflame, you're just often

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-25 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 4:02 AM, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: *From:* everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto: everything-list@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Platonist Guitar Cowboy *Sent:* Sunday, January 25, 2015 6:35 PM

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-25 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 11:08 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: I am uncomfortable with the plaster of evil myself, since what it means to everyone is too vague. I would define the Jihadis as aggressive, malign, expansionism. Malign: Evil in

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-25 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 1:51 AM, spudboy100 via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: Sent from AOL Mobile Mail Just stop defending the indefensible islamists and refrain from making excuses for them. They are all adults and can speak for themselves. They believe what the

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-25 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 3:08 AM, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: *From:* everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto: everything-list@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Platonist Guitar Cowboy *Sent:* Sunday, January 25, 2015 5:30 PM

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-21 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:01 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/21/2015 3:49 PM, LizR wrote: On 18 Jan 2015, at 20:40, meekerdb wrote: On 1/18/2015 6:26 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote: But observation and personal experience never prove anything. Spoken like a true Platonist -

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-20 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 1:40 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/20/2015 10:17 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote: The more I think about it, the more I doubt that these subjects were simply abandoned in an innocent fashion. The problem is that beliefs about fundamental reality are at the

Re: Democracy

2015-01-18 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
Concerning thread: Perhaps I'm wrong and everybody is right. Perhaps it's also ignoring some perceived set of mentalities that get us into these kinds of positions in the first place. Just remember maybe to have a good day whenever we can? And if we can afford it:

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-16 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 3:16 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/15/2015 2:56 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: You seem to have a problem with Platonism as linguistic label, which I say because I assume you value critical thought and scientific method on semantic level

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-16 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 2:42 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/15/2015 7:33 PM, PGC wrote: On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 8:54:40 PM UTC+1, Brent wrote: A fair question. I'm not so sure about that. The question presupposes ironically that violence is a justified response

Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

2015-01-16 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 7:19 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/16/2015 10:14 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 2:42 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/15/2015 7:33 PM, PGC wrote: On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 8:54:40 PM UTC+1, Brent

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-15 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 8:14 PM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/15/2015 8:47 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote: Do you believe in a source of reality beyond the apparent physical reality we find ourselves in now? No. I don't believe IN anything. I entertain hypotheses. Good. But

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-14 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:45 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/14/2015 3:26 PM, Jason Resch wrote: On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:56 PM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/14/2015 12:34 PM, Jason Resch wrote: On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 1:32 PM, meekerdb

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-14 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 5:03 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/14/2015 4:57 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: I don't see how uncertainty implies impossibility. If I'm uncertain it will rain tomorrow, this doesn't imply impossibility of rain for tomorrow. PGC It implies

Re: Democracy

2015-01-14 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: Also a fact is, depression has a lot of factors, the thing these studies point out is that there are more depressive states among heavy cannabis users. They do not conclude cannabis is the cause of the depressive

Re: Democracy

2015-01-14 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: On 13 Jan 2015, at 20:27, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: On 12 Jan 2015, at 16:55, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4

Re: Democracy

2015-01-13 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 8:42 PM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/13/2015 7:34 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote: Really? On this list? Where? I read criticism of the NSA, of Obama, of U.S. foreign policy everywhere. There's a whole industry built around it on radio. That sort of

Re: Democracy

2015-01-13 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: On 12 Jan 2015, at 16:55, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: But if you don't want to believe it... fine. What I say is that I'm relieve

Re: Democracy

2015-01-12 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: 2015-01-12 11:49 GMT+01:00 Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com: So I assume you have no argument here. You don't have any argument here... the drug market is owned by mafias in our shared real world, that's

Re: Democracy

2015-01-12 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: But if you don't want to believe it... fine. What I say is that I'm relieve to be an ex canabis addict, and that over usage didn't help me at all and certainly if not the cause did enhance the problem... do what you

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-12 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 4:14 AM, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: I share that sentiment; western mass media seems to only care about loss when it is their loss. And, in cases, such as this recent act of terrorism, the reflexive Neocon clash

Re: Democracy

2015-01-12 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: Fine, like I said believe what you want to believe, I'll stop the discussion on that subject here... What discussion? I thought I am advocating the free sale and use of windows. The psychiatrist, of mental health

Re: Democracy

2015-01-12 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: 2015-01-12 18:20 GMT+01:00 Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com: On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: Ok, then fine, believe what you want to believe

Re: Democracy

2015-01-12 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: Ok, then fine, believe what you want to believe and cannabis is as good as anything... If you exaggerate anything you will get extreme results. I don't ask for distortion or faith. The flaw is obvious, even using such

Re: Democracy

2015-01-12 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: 2015-01-12 19:01 GMT+01:00 Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com: On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Quentin Anciaux allco...@gmail.com wrote: Fine, like I said believe what you want to believe, I'll

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-11 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:39 AM, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List everything-list@googlegroups.com wrote: *From:* everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto: everything-list@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Platonist Guitar Cowboy *Sent:* Sunday, January 11, 2015 6:30 PM

Re: Why is there something rather than nothing? From quantum theory to dialectics?

2015-01-11 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:04 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/11/2015 9:41 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote: We can't criticize religions because the churches, with the help of the main stream atheist (of your type), does not want us to come back to reasoning at that level, yet. All

Re: Democracy

2015-01-04 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 3:04 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 1/3/2015 4:15 PM, PGC wrote: with the latter ultimately escaping our capacity to sort and analyze. You mean their assertion of that is clear. It's begging the question to say it is clear. It's clear to

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-19 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: thereby explaining a variety of scientific problems and refuting your absolute statement on what any god theory can/cannot

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-19 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:13 PM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 10/19/2014 8:12 AM, Jason Resch wrote: I don't recall Bruno ever csaying if you don't believe in something then you believe in it. What he's said is that atheists defend/support/reinforce the same idea/conception of

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-18 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: On 18 Oct 2014, at 02:19, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 2:12 AM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-18 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 2:36 AM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: why is there something rather than nothing? is a badly posed question, I don't think so, it may or may not have a answer, nobody knows, but it's a

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-18 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 3:35 AM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: Lebowski caricature in Hollywood flick quote above utters perhaps a stronger statement: Yeah, well... that's just like your uhmm.. opinion

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-17 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 7:46 AM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: I ask myself who would INSIST on using the word God (and not some other word) Which one? I have suggested an other word, like the ONE, but you

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-17 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: On 16 Oct 2014, at 16:39, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:44 AM, LizR lizj...@gmail.com wrote: Sounds like doublethink to mewhich was of course a virtue and a necessity if you lived

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-17 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:18 PM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: I ask myself who would INSIST on using the word God (and not some other word) Which one? I have suggested an other word, like the ONE

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-17 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 2:12 AM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: Of course, the next distraction is to complain the world ain't murcan enough, Yeah, I've always said the world needs

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-16 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:44 AM, LizR lizj...@gmail.com wrote: Sounds like doublethink to mewhich was of course a virtue and a necessity if you lived on Airstrip One. Right. If I remember correctly, peculiar machine is inaccurate but not necessarily inconsistent. So you have to

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-16 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 1:12 AM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 Platonist Guitar Cowboy For example, say you state after some mystical experience, that you met a god that told you to write down his message. If your god insists in the text that he/she

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-16 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 5:56 PM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: Lol, why is somebody, that prides themselves spamming, in the driver's seat of posing questions now? You should have put

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-15 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: which again confirm my point (you know the one which trigger your bot-like answer). If you don't like my bot-like answer then stop making the exact same bot-like accusation; I give the stupidity prize to Atheism,

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-15 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 9:42 PM, John Mikes jami...@gmail.com wrote: I read Bruno's ID about* theology* some times - never really comprehended it. Then I suggest a standard dictionary or to google/wiki the term, where you'll find that Bruno did not invent the term, nor did he imbue it with

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-15 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 4:00 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: Bruno seems to think that if you fail to believe in the existence of Santa Claus you must have a definite idea of what Santa Claus refers to and therefore you do believe in Santa Claus. A curious inference for a logician.

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-15 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 5:28 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: I works with house and Brent too. What's curious is that failing to believe in anything implies that you do believe in it. I suppose it goes along with the spirit of everything. If I can think of it clearly enough to

Re: I can tolerate anything except the outgroup

2014-10-14 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-14 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:33 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 10/13/2014 9:26 AM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote: On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 2:17 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 10/12/2014 2:35 PM, LizR wrote: I imagine most philosophers don't think about God because

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-14 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 4:54 AM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On 14-Oct-2014, at 12:51 am, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: Is there something like an internet publicity chapter in the Qu'ran (I assume there must be some things related to men

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-14 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: No. Verses were noted down and memorised as revealed. What if somebody human made a mistake here, like all of us from time to time? Towards the end of the prophetic mission, when all the verses had been

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-13 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 2:17 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 10/12/2014 2:35 PM, LizR wrote: I imagine most philosophers don't think about God because God isn't a very good explanation for anything. You just have to ask where did God come from? so see that you've just been

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-13 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On 12-Oct-2014, at 10:12 pm, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: Would you like specific explanations to the verses you've

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-13 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: If you were a Muslim you would not doubt the wisdom and knowledge of the author of the Quran. Rather, you would try to understand why is it so. And if cows had wings, they could open their own airline. The above is

Re: generalizations_of_islam - God Matter

2014-10-13 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: You confirm all the time the theory that atheists are the best defenders of the christians dogma. Wow, calling a guy known for disliking

Re: generalizations_of_islam

2014-10-13 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM, John Clark johnkcl...@gmail.com wrote: Not exactly. I prefer that my beliefs be true, or at least as true as I can get them, but others have a different preference. For the religious the most important part of a belief isn't it's truth but how good it makes you

Re: I can tolerate anything except the outgroup

2014-10-10 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Platonist

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-10 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Richard Ruquist yann...@gmail.com wrote: On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: Hmm. Please read this blogpost and let me

Re: I can tolerate anything except the outgroup

2014-10-09 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: I think this is a quite interesting read

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-09 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On 09-Oct-2014, at 11:30 am, Stathis Papaioannou stath...@gmail.com wrote: On Thursday, October 9, 2014, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: What is your position on teleology? Do you think that there

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-09 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On 09-Oct-2014, at 8:06 pm, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: On 09-Oct-2014, at 11:30 am, Stathis

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-09 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: Hmm. Please read this blogpost and let me know if this meets your 'demonstrating factual accuracy in this sense here, of course.':

Re: Do today's philosophers even think about the existence of God anymore?

2014-10-09 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Samiya Illias samiyaill...@gmail.com wrote: So, for me personally, the scripture takes precedence. Samiya Thank you for being honest. Maybe you might note this on your blog as an introduction to save peoples' time in their personal searches: I thought you were

Re: Nanoscopy

2014-10-09 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Bruno Marchal marc...@ulb.ac.be wrote: Amazing. Can't help to bet on a substitution level, perhaps ... Wait to see the DNA or RNA polymerases in action, if that is possible? Lol, first thought I had was hmm, substitution level? Damn it! and thought about the

Re: I can tolerate anything except the outgroup

2014-10-08 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Telmo Menezes te...@telmomenezes.com wrote: I think this is a quite interesting read: http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30/i-can-tolerate-anything-except-the-outgroup/ It made me think of the everything list. We clearly have members of the conventional tribes

Nanoscopy

2014-10-08 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
Breaking diffraction barrier in fluorescence microscopy: From: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVTS1lzRLQ From Guardian: In what has become known as nanoscopy, scientists visualise the pathways of individual molecules inside living cells. They can see how molecules create synapses between

Re: generalizations_of_islam

2014-10-06 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 10/6/2014 9:03 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote: and in machine, and in the mystics, that is the correct use of the term. It is very reasonable, and it prevents at the start the confusion between the serious research and the

Re: generalizations_of_islam

2014-10-05 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM, meekerdb meeke...@verizon.net wrote: On 10/5/2014 10:35 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote: On 03 Oct 2014, at 22:30, meekerdb wrote: The problem with theories of everything is that they are either too difficult to test or have been found to conflict with

Re: FW: generalizations_of_islam

2014-10-02 Thread Platonist Guitar Cowboy
On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:14 PM, LizR lizj...@gmail.com wrote: On 2 October 2014 16:59, Platonist Guitar Cowboy multiplecit...@gmail.com wrote: On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 5:31 AM, LizR lizj...@gmail.com wrote: Thank you, that's interesting (of course, it should be obvious to anyone with a few

  1   2   3   4   5   >