Magical Thinking

2014-09-04 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hello everyone, I don't post here very often, but I read your posts every day via nabble (it is just easier to load responses on the mobile device). I also don't usually have much to contribute, but I'd like to contribute something today. After reviewing and re-reviewing all of the stuff

Re: Virtual Logic - Formal Arithmetic

2014-05-17 Thread freqflyer07281972
/2014 2:41 PM, LizR wrote: On 16 May 2014 17:14, meekerdb meek...@verizon.net javascript: wrote: On 5/15/2014 10:04 PM, freqflyer07281972 wrote: So do you think there is some merit in Kauffman's conclusions? Do you think it is possible to reason about the Void? Or meaningful? Or useful

Virtual Logic - Formal Arithmetic

2014-05-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
A fun little article I came across that I thought everyone here might appreciate: http://www.imprint.co.uk/CHK/vol7/kauffman_7-4.pdf Thoughts? Objections? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To unsubscribe from this group and

Re: Virtual Logic - Formal Arithmetic

2014-05-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
I don't get it. Please explain? Are you making a joke, something on the order of both of these guys are spouting such metaphysical hogwash that the debate between them would be an even bigger yawnfest than their articles in particular? Or is it some specific aspect of what each of them

Re: Virtual Logic - Formal Arithmetic

2014-05-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
Taoistic chestnut that the Void, when named, is not the Void. And yet, formal reasoning seems to lead us to some kind of meaningful conclusions about it regardless. On Friday, May 16, 2014 12:53:38 AM UTC-4, Brent wrote: On 5/15/2014 9:30 PM, freqflyer07281972 wrote: I don't get it. Please

Re: Films I think people on this forum might like

2014-02-08 Thread freqflyer07281972
I've been following this thread with some interest, waiting for one movie to be invariably mentioned among this crowd, and surprised that it hasn't been yet: Waking Life by Richard Linklater. Not only would members of this list like this movie, they would also be reminded of the different

Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey everyone, I'm starting a new topic here so as not to derail any conversations on other threads -- the original thread I am commenting on seems to have some interesting stuff about computer simulations etc. and I don't want to bother others about it. Edgar has repeatedly posted links to

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
life apart from this group!) So your claim that Edgar REPEATEDLY posted links to both his business and personal website is simply FALSE. I posted only one link period. Edgar On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:20:29 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Hey everyone, I'm starting a new topic

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
Wow, Liz, very sorry to hear about your friend. If you don't mind me asking (and if you do mind, simply ignore my question), if you magically just knew that the universe was in fact a large computation engine where all possibilities are eventually played out, and also entailing some form of

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
On what authority do you make such claims? On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:14:54 PM UTC-5, Edgar L. Owen wrote: Liz, (and Dan) When people die they vanish from existence. To believe otherwise may be comforting, but it's just superstition.. There must be a living human body to produce a

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
feedback on this question, as I think self-delusion and self-deception are germane to any discussion of Everything theories, and this is also why it is the domain of so many cranks. On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:32:28 PM UTC-5, Quentin Anciaux wrote: 2014/1/15 freqflyer07281972 thismind

Re: Donald Hoffman Video on Interface Theory of Consciousness

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey Craig! I watched the video... very cool! Questions: 1) Who is the user of the interface? What is us? 2) What is the interface representing? Hoffman uses the analogy of the file and the trash bin icons on the desktop. In a computer, I know that the file ultimately represents binary values

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
I have a funny comic I think all of you will appreciate to one extent or another. I'm also curious as to your reaction regarding the status of questions versus answers: http://comicsthatsaysomething.quora.com/A-Day-at-the-Park On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:19:39 PM UTC-5, Terren Suydam

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
What on god's green earth are you talking about, man? Jeez, ya hold out an olive branch, and ya just get more of the same. Sheesh. Edgar, you are now officially on my pay no mind list... On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:39:43 PM UTC-5, Edgar L. Owen wrote: Liz, Wow, do we have some really

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
Alberto, Thanks for your thoughts on this issue. They make a lot of sense and I agree for the most part. For example, the adolescent sense of superiority that comes with thinking you've got it all figured out is something that I myself have experienced (at times in my life when I thought I

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
Unless I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together, of course. Well, that's just it, isn't it? :-) Or indeed, if all of this self stuff is really a very sophisticated mental model we run... I've tried making that claim here before, but the response if I recall was a

Re: Consciousness as a State of Matter

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:54:09 PM UTC-5, cdemorsella wrote: Man that’s uncool. You may think he is an idiot, but to go troll the internet and then publish on this list his very personal life is crossing a line. I think you owe the man an apology and need to look into your own

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
Thank you for posting that link... I really enjoyed reading your blog post! It captured well many of the thoughts I have had about the whole shebang. And sorry to hear that your hero died... I've never heard of John Galbraith Graham before, but learning about him has inspired me to try to do a

Re: Edgar, Personal Attacks, and the Real Consequences of Comp

2014-01-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
I totally agree with you that science, when you really start getting into the implications of things like QM (and relativity for that matter), provides some rather unsettling (and yet very exciting!) conclusions. And yet... they always rest on the tip of uncertainty. Either that, or else the

Re: Consciousness as a State of Matter

2014-01-14 Thread freqflyer07281972
On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:24:31 PM UTC-5, Edgar L. Owen wrote: Jason, There are no 'synthetic neurons' that could replace biological ones one by one. When there are let me know and I'll check them out and answer your question. You are letting your imagination run wild here

Re: Consciousness as a State of Matter

2014-01-14 Thread freqflyer07281972
a few links referencing that being possible please :-) Edgar On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:51:13 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote: On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:24:31 PM UTC-5, Edgar L. Owen wrote: Jason, There are no 'synthetic neurons' that could replace biological ones one

Re: Consciousness as a State of Matter

2014-01-14 Thread freqflyer07281972
Also, I am really starting to understand why you have difficulty with finding a life partner. On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:02:30 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote: OK. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adfm.201200640/abstract On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:56:09 PM UTC-5

Re: Consciousness as a State of Matter

2014-01-14 Thread freqflyer07281972
a life partner, a truly wonderful one. You? Edgar On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:03:55 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Also, I am really starting to understand why you have difficulty with finding a life partner. On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:02:30 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote

Re: Consciousness as a State of Matter

2014-01-14 Thread freqflyer07281972
P.S. for Liz: TAKE NOTE! While you might be out of the running to be Edgar's companion, perhaps you might know some non-feminist women who could be? On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:26:02 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote: *SEEKING A COMPATIBLE WOMAN OR LONG TERM COMPANION:* I'm seeking

Re: Consciousness as a State of Matter

2014-01-13 Thread freqflyer07281972
for entertainment. Perhaps you should try watching the Matrix one more time with popcorn or try contributing something meaningful to the discussion? :-) Edgar On Monday, January 13, 2014 5:44:47 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Haha! Ya Liz, I think your point is very well taken. On my part, I am

Dear Edgar Owen

2013-12-29 Thread freqflyer07281972
Might I respectfully suggest the following: 1) That when you have an obvious intuition or brilliant stroke of insight that goes against a century or more of insight from the most distinguished physicists and 2) That when you are unable to operationalize your intuition in such a way that other

Re: Another stab at the universal present moment - a gedanken..

2013-12-29 Thread freqflyer07281972
In order for criticism to be effective, the one being criticized must be willing to see his errors, something I think you have long ago given up. I'm afraid there is no help for you, my friend. On Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:11:59 PM UTC-5, Edgar L. Owen wrote: Richard, It is true I

Re: Another stab at the universal present moment - a gedanken..

2013-12-29 Thread freqflyer07281972
ALL HAIL TIME CUBE!! http://www.timecube.com/ On Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:35:10 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote: In order for criticism to be effective, the one being criticized must be willing to see his errors, something I think you have long ago given up. I'm afraid

Re: Another stab at the universal present moment - a gedanken..

2013-12-29 Thread freqflyer07281972
Far from it, really;-) I assure you, I wish you no burning at any stakes, whether literal or figurative. You are perfectly entitled to be as incorrect as you wish, especially in an area as solidly established as relativistic physics. It's just that (a ma parte, at least), I feel a bit bad for

Re: humans are machines unable to recognize the fact that they are machines,

2013-12-28 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey Craig, What is the origin of the quote? Also, what privileges the process of 'introspection' to reveal anything contrary to the hypothesis that we are machines? Isn't introspection a bit of a dubious test for finding out a thing's machinehood? Finally, I'm not so sure that it is

Question for Bruno Regarding the question of whether information is physical.

2013-12-03 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey everyone, Here is a question for Bruno (and anyone else who wants to chime in) -- I came across this posthttp://www.preposterousuniverse.com/blog/2013/11/28/thanksgiving-8/over at Sean Carroll's Preposterous Universe blog, wherein he seems to be claiming that the relationship between

Re: Neuroscientists discover new 'mini-neural computer' in the brain

2013-10-29 Thread freqflyer07281972
What are the 8 hypostases? I've seen this referred to a few other times on this list and have never really known what it refers to. thanks dan On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:30:26 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote: On 29 Oct 2013, at 14:14, Craig Weinberg wrote: On Tuesday, October

Re: About wisdom

2013-10-24 Thread freqflyer07281972
Stephen Lin, Are you on some kind of methamphetamine binge where you think it is totally cool for you to post vaguely sensible (but mostly nonsensical) thoughts that drive through your drug addled brain? Dude, we've all been there, we've got the t-shirts and postcards, and we are ready for

Re: What's my name and what do you think I need to help me along my journey?

2013-10-24 Thread freqflyer07281972
I think you need to lay off whatever drugs you are doing, find faith in some kind of higher power, and stop posting in a place on the internet made for serious thinkers and not lame ass dilletantes such as yourself. You do know you can comment on Youtube videos, don't you? On Wednesday,

Re: I have a very good question but I don't know how to ask it...

2013-10-24 Thread freqflyer07281972
Put down your crack pipe and seek help On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:23:39 AM UTC-4, Stephen Lin wrote: Without coaching anyway assume an answer. Trust me, it really is on-optic; it has something to do with a supercomputer. Annywy, here does: Give that I am Neo, is it possible for me to

Re: Dialetheism

2013-10-24 Thread freqflyer07281972
Craig, As sympathetic as I am to all of your various multisense realism projects and the different conclusions they are intended to imply, I must warn you: If you're going to try to prove black is white, beware the Zebra crossings...(and if you don't get it, read Douglas Adams and the

Re: The Panopticon: QM and Relativity

2013-10-17 Thread freqflyer07281972
Whoa, dude... you just blew my mind! I love this list! On Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:46:14 AM UTC-4, Stephen Lin wrote: A quote I got somewhere: Understanding that the world is a Panopticon is the easy part; the hard part is figuring out whether you're on the inside looking out or the

Re: Doesn't UDA simply imply that teleportation is impossible?

2013-10-12 Thread freqflyer07281972
:10 AM UTC-4, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I think I'd like to respond here: On Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:32:16 PM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote: On 10 Nov 2012, at 10:11, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Hey all on the list, Bruno, I must say

Note to Russell Standish

2013-10-12 Thread freqflyer07281972
Dear Russell, Back in 2012, you made the following claims regarding my general attack on Bruno's mathematical reductionism: 1) Self-awareness is a requirement for consciousness 2) We expect to find ourselves in an environment sufficiently rich and complex to support self-aware structures

Re: The I Concept, Analytically

2013-10-12 Thread freqflyer07281972
from quantia, including their(meaning, my experiences) magically emerge from the many quants that Bruno's idea seems to require. On Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:00:38 AM UTC-4, Brent wrote: On 10/11/2013 9:44 PM, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Sometimes, Bruno, I get the feeling as though you

The I Concept, Analytically

2013-10-11 Thread freqflyer07281972
The vocable I becomes attached to each impulse that arises in a psychic complex, no matter how mutually contradictory such impulses may appear to be. From this process springs the idea of a multitude of me's. The impulses in question are affective, so that the inferential I is affective

Re: The I Concept, Analytically

2013-10-11 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey Craig, thanks for the feedback. Please refer to below: On Friday, October 11, 2013 5:10:39 AM UTC-4, Craig Weinberg wrote: On Friday, October 11, 2013 2:58:13 AM UTC-4, freqflyer07281972 wrote: The vocable I becomes attached to each impulse that arises in a psychic complex, no matter

Re: The I Concept, Analytically

2013-10-11 Thread freqflyer07281972
On Friday, October 11, 2013 2:58:13 AM UTC-4, freqflyer07281972 wrote: The vocable I becomes attached to each impulse that arises in a psychic complex, no matter how mutually contradictory such impulses may appear to be. From this process springs the idea of a multitude of me's

Re: The I Concept, Analytically

2013-10-11 Thread freqflyer07281972
On Friday, October 11, 2013 5:18:44 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote: On 11 Oct 2013, at 08:58, freqflyer07281972 wrote: The vocable I becomes attached to each impulse that arises in a psychic complex, no matter how mutually contradictory such impulses may appear to be. From this process

Re: Doesn't UDA simply imply that teleportation is impossible?

2013-10-11 Thread freqflyer07281972
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I think I'd like to respond here: On Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:32:16 PM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote: On 10 Nov 2012, at 10:11, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Hey all on the list, Bruno, I must say, thinking of the UDA. The key assumption

The confluence of cosmology and biology

2013-09-28 Thread freqflyer07281972
So it seems to me that all of us are situated within a spectacular confluence of cosmological and biological factors. The cosmological factors include the fact that dark energy hasn't gotten strong enough to rip the whole works apart, that the moon just so happens to be just as big as it is to

Re: How PIP solves the hard problem of consciousness

2013-09-17 Thread freqflyer07281972
Thanks Craig, you've articulated quite well a number of difficulties in approaching the hard problem, IMHO. I was reading this article in the SEP and thought of your approach: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nishida-kitaro/ Look especially under his glossing of the idea of 'pure experience.'

Re: The Nazi History of the Muslim Brotherhood

2013-08-27 Thread freqflyer07281972
And I have better ways to allocate my time than that. Coming from a cuckoo clock/roulette wheel... LOL. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

Leibniz and bacon - because EVERYTHING goes well with both (therefore not off topic)

2013-08-05 Thread freqflyer07281972
A wise man once said (perhaps it was me, I don't know, I wrote it down but lost it during my last blackout): BWAH! GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY WALLET YOU DIRTY FILCHER! Bacon sure is good. And you know what else is good? Leibniz. But when bacon is cooking, I don't smell it, I only smell

cross-posting out of context and psychological manipulation

2013-08-05 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hi person from a totally different forum, I'm just going to post my response to you here in this reading list, even though it has no bearing on anything that they usually (or at least used to, before I came along) talk about here, but subtly suggests that if someone keeps bugging me, I might

Serious Proof of why I'm an Oblivious Moron

2013-08-05 Thread freqflyer07281972
Really?! You need proof? Try: http://everything-list.105.n7.nabble.com/Not-to-worry-about-global-warming-We-re-long-overdue-for-an-ice-age-starting-iimmediately-td39038.html http://everything-list.105.n7.nabble.com/Please-read-me-td39055.html

Re: Whui I keep posting about Leibniz

2013-08-05 Thread freqflyer07281972
Clever Robot! On Monday, August 5, 2013 12:41:21 PM UTC-4, John Clark wrote: On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Craig Weinberg whats...@gmail.comjavascript: wrote: in some respects, Roger seems like a shadow version of myself Does he also engage in astrology and numerology? John K

Re: Whui I keep posting about Leibniz

2013-08-04 Thread freqflyer07281972
of the monad - the imposter, the anesthetic servant whose job it is to minimize consciousness, and to make it disappear. Craig On Saturday, August 3, 2013 10:59:40 AM UTC-4, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Roger, Just because you perceive that people are 'wasting their time' by providing

Re: Re: R: Leibniz was quite the dandy!

2013-08-04 Thread freqflyer07281972
The source for the quote given by Maxwell is found here:

Re: Whui I keep posting about Leibniz

2013-08-03 Thread freqflyer07281972
Roger, Just because you perceive that people are 'wasting their time' by providing their own unique points of view on questions dear to their heart (and not, by the way, on rehashing simplistic strawmen positions of philosophers that lived during the Age of Enlightenment) does not give you

Leibniz, now Leibniz was a man...

2013-08-03 Thread freqflyer07281972
A way out west there was a fella, fella I want to tell you about, fella by the name of Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz. At least, that was the handle his lovin' parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. This Leibniz, he called himself das Dude. Now, Dude, that's a name

If a donut was baked that was large enough, would the hole in the middle of it be so large that even God couldn't eat it?

2013-08-03 Thread freqflyer07281972
Should the holes in donuts even count as part of the donut? If so, what of Timbits? Could God eat so many donuts that there would be none left for us? Could we, perhaps term this the donut catastrophe? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything

Leibniz was quite the dandy!

2013-08-03 Thread freqflyer07281972
What is matter? Never mind. What is mind? No matter. If life isn't non-physical, why can't I understand it? I think it's time I had some cake -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To unsubscribe from this group and

Re: The stupid legacy of another crackpot, Roger Clough

2013-08-02 Thread freqflyer07281972
and their evil propaganda against delicious DDT. On Friday, August 2, 2013 1:35:31 AM UTC-4, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Because of Roger Clough, a less than mediocre Lutheran apologist who considers himself an astute interpreter of Leibniz, a formerly bright corner of the internet, the Everything List

Waster of Time, Life, and Mind: Roger Clough

2013-08-02 Thread freqflyer07281972
Clough could have done himself a favor by maybe thinking more and posting/talking less, or perhaps sharing his delusory thinking with a psychiatrist, rather than spewing it all over a mostly unmoderated internet reading list that he has ruined as a result. Crackpots seem often to be paranoid

Why Roger Clough's Posts are impossible to understand without severe brain damage.

2013-08-01 Thread freqflyer07281972
There are two different, yet equally fruitless ways of conceiving why Roger Clough bothers to post garbage all over what used to be a very bright and interesting list. One, he is old and retired, so he has little else to fill his days. The other reason is that he thinks his ideas have some

The stupid legacy of another crackpot, Roger Clough

2013-08-01 Thread freqflyer07281972
Because of Roger Clough, a less than mediocre Lutheran apologist who considers himself an astute interpreter of Leibniz, a formerly bright corner of the internet, the Everything List, has gone mostly dark due to the intellectual torpor and carelessness that seems to surround everything Clough

Leibniz, Leibniz, Leibniz.... oh, and did I mention Leibniz? Oh, yah, and monads and monism.

2013-08-01 Thread freqflyer07281972
Subjectivity is impossible to understand, so don't bother trying to understand it. The best things anyone ever said about subjectivity, consciousness, the universe, god, or really, basically anything else that you can think of, were ALL said by one man 500 years ago. His name was Leibniz.

John Leslie's 'Infinite Minds: A Philosophical Cosmology'

2013-07-04 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey List! (and in particular Bruno) I have started re-reading the book I mention in the subject line -- after languishing in my bookshelf for a number of years, I pulled it out and began noticing the uncanny parallels it had with Bruno's UDA, although it reaches the same conclusions by some

Re: Dancing in the flames

2013-06-12 Thread freqflyer07281972
You're a crackpot and have no business posting on this list and you contribute nothing of value. Please go away. On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:33:28 PM UTC-4, Roger Clough wrote: Christopher Hichens made his name Attacking our dear Savior. By now he's dancing in the flames With

Re: Does p make sense?

2013-02-14 Thread freqflyer07281972
Dear Bruno, I would like to know what 'doxastic models of consciousness' means, as well as what means S4Grz - I know Craig was the one who originally used the term 'doxastic models' but you seemed to know right away what that meant, so I'd like to know from your perspective what it means;

Re: Chosen-ness

2013-02-14 Thread freqflyer07281972
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:15:53 PM UTC-5, Craig Weinberg wrote: On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:05:39 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Hi Craig, Thank you for your very well considered point of view on my original post. I have some interjections that I would enjoy hearing

Re: Chosen-ness

2013-02-13 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hi Craig, Thank you for your very well considered point of view on my original post. I have some interjections that I would enjoy hearing a response to: On Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:37:03 PM UTC-5, Craig Weinberg wrote: On Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:35:22 PM UTC-5, freqflyer07281972 wrote

Re: Why I love the Jews

2013-02-04 Thread freqflyer07281972
Is there a way Roger can be banned for a comment like that? Or should the moderators/admins of this list simply change it to the 'Everything-Nazi List'? That's gotta be one of the dumbest and most offensive things I've ever read on this list. Roger, get a life. On Monday, February 4, 2013

Chosen-ness

2013-01-27 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey everyone, I've been following this group a lot. I read it everyday and enjoy all of the wonderful stuff that comes up, even if some of it tends towards ad hominem, argument from authority, and petitio principi. Hey, we're humans, right? That means we get to make these fallacies, in good

Re: meditation

2013-01-27 Thread freqflyer07281972
Dear Telmo, With my recent post fresh in my mind, I think I can engage with you a bit on the meaning and purpose of meditation. I think the main point of meditation is to see 'what is' for 'what it is.' Nothing more, nothing less. All 'other worlds, other universes, other possibilities' are

Re: Doesn't UDA simply imply that teleportation is impossible?

2012-11-11 Thread freqflyer07281972
On Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:00:33 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote: On 11/10/2012 1:11 AM, freqflyer07281972 wrote: Hey all on the list, Bruno, I must say, thinking of the UDA. The key assumption is this teleportation business, and wouldn't it really be quite Ockham's Razorish

Doesn't UDA simply imply that teleportation is impossible?

2012-11-10 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey all on the list, Bruno, I must say, thinking of the UDA. The key assumption is this teleportation business, and wouldn't it really be quite Ockham's Razorish to simply conclude from the entire argument that the correct substitution level is, in principle, not only not knowable, but not

Omnipotence vs. Omniscience in the context of UDA

2012-11-09 Thread freqflyer07281972
Dear Bruno and other loyal followers of the list, I had a thought tonight -- half baked and somewhat vague, but nevertheless I thought relevant to your discussions here... Is it not true, on the basis of what you laid out in Sane2004, that there is a necessarily inverse relationship between

Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle in Doubt

2012-10-18 Thread freqflyer07281972
Is anyone here aware of the following? http://www.tgdaily.com/general-sciences-features/66654-heisenbergs-uncertainty-principle-in-doubt Does it have implications for MW interpretations of quantum physics? I'd love to see comments about this. Cheers, Dan -- You received this message

Re: QTI, Cul de sacs and differentiation

2011-11-02 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey there, I don't often post on this board, but I follow it quite frequently, and perhaps I might inject a 'fresh voice' to rescue this thread of a cul-de-sac of its own. It's essentially buddhist in nature rather than mathematical or computational, so forgive me if I appear presumptuous, or off

A Question...

2010-01-27 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hey There, I love reading the posts on this group, and I find a lot of the ideas mindblowing (and more than occasionally over my head) but I was wondering if anyone could clarify this question(s): 1) Is QI implied by UDA and comp? 2) Is QI implied by ASSA/RSSA? More generally, what is the

Parmenides, Monism, Bits

2008-12-15 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hi There, I've been an avid reader of this group for a long time, and I always come here to try to think through the BIG questions... because I think the everything theory is, really let's face it, about as big as things get... that being said, I wanted to contribute something, albeit a

James Higgo and Four Reasons Why You Don't Exist

2007-12-19 Thread freqflyer07281972
Hi everyone, This is my first post to this group. I find so many of the posts so fascinating, but I am still immersing myself in the discussion, so forgive the somewhat trivial direction of the present post. I found a website memorializing James Higgo's thoughts on quantum physics, quantum