Revisions to my approach. Is it a UD?

2008-12-26 Thread Hal Ruhl
of transitions from temporary copy to temporary copy [copies] of members of the All. Our universe's [our eS(i)'s] path would be one such where the temporary copies are universe states. As indicated the paths may split into multiple paths. I think this model could be characterized as a UD. Hal Ruhl

RE: Revisions to my approach. Is it a UD?

2008-12-27 Thread Hal Ruhl
in the description of your system. Best, Bruno On 27 Dec 2008, at 03:27, Hal Ruhl wrote: --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to everything-l

RE: Revisions to my approach. Is it a UD?

2008-12-28 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Abram: I have interlaced responses with - symbols. Original Message- From: everything-l...@googlegroups.com [mailto:everything-l...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Abram Demski Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:10 PM To: everything-l...@googlegroups.com Subject: Re: Revisions

RE: Revisions to my approach. Is it a UD?

2008-12-29 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Abram: My sentence structure could have been better. The Nothing(s) encompass no distinction but need to respond to the stability question. So they have an unavoidable necessity to encompass this distinction. At some point they spontaneously change nature and become Somethings. The

RE: Revisions to my approach. Is it a UD?

2009-01-03 Thread Hal Ruhl
, at least. I suspect since some time that Hal Ruhl is searching for a generative set theory, but unfortunately he seems unable to study at least one conventional language to make his work understandable by those who could be interested. This can be related with the so-called autonomous

Latest revision of my model

2010-04-03 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Everyone: I have not posted for awhile but here is the latest revision to my model: Hal Ruhl DEFINITIONS: V k 04/03/10 1) Distinction: That which describes a cut [boundary], such as the cut between red and other colors. 2) Devisor: That which encompasses a quantity

RE: everything-list and the Singularity

2010-04-04 Thread Hal Ruhl
I believe Stephen Gould indicated evolution was a random walk with a lower bound. It seems reasonable that the longest random walk would more or less double in length more or less periodically i.e. exponential growth. Hal Ruhl _ From: everything-list@googlegroups.com

Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-10-31 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Everyone: I would like to restart my participation on the list by having a discussion regarding the aspects of what we call “life” in our universe starting in a simple manner as follows: [terms not defined herein have the usual “Laws of Physics” definition] 1) Definition (1): Energy (E)

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-02 Thread Hal Ruhl
/2012 9:48 PM, Hal Ruhl wrote: Hi Everyone: I would like to restart my participation on the list by having a discussion regarding the aspects of what we call life in our universe starting in a simple manner as follows: [terms not defined herein have the usual Laws of Physics definition] 1

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-02 Thread Hal Ruhl
:27 PM, Hal Ruhl wrote: Let me refer you to a very old paper of mine: http://webpages.charter.net/stephenk1/Outlaw/life.html I took a quick look. I may need some help understanding it fully. I occasionally play with the idea that Dark Energy is a spatially uniform leak of information

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-02 Thread Hal Ruhl
, purpose, and qualia spectrum On 11/2/2012 4:27 PM, Hal Ruhl wrote: Let me refer you to a very old paper of mine: http://webpages.charter.net/stephenk1/Outlaw/life.html I took a quick look. I may need some help understanding it fully. I occasionally play with the idea that Dark Energy

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-03 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Stephen: -Original Message- Hi Hal, Could it be that information is being created and forcing the physical universe to make room for its instantiation? After all, space is not a conserved quantity! [HH] I think that what you mention is at least part of the source of

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-03 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi John: My responses are below within an edited original post. Thanks for your comments. 1) Definition (1): Energy (E) is the ability to subject a mass to a force. * Re the use of ability here: What I am

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-04 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Stephen and John: I believe I absorbed the evolution is a random walk with a lower bound but no upper bound from my readings of Stephen Gould. I have no memory of where and when and the memory may be false. In any event I do not see that it excludes selection. I think there was an

Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-04 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Everyone: I would now like to expand the discussion re the two current conclusions in the slightly edited version of the first post [below] as follows: i) Consciousness: The origin and purpose of life herein leads me to believe that consciousness is distributed across life entities in

Re: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-04 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Everyone: I would now like to expand the discussion re the two current conclusions in the slightly edited version of the first post [below] as follows: i) Consciousness: The origin and purpose of life herein leads me to believe that consciousness is distributed across life entities in

RE: Debunking people's belief in free will takes the intention out of their movements

2012-11-05 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi John: See my 11/4/12 @ 4:43PM post on life re proposal ii - freewill precluded. Hal Ruhl From: everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Clark Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 1:57 PM To: everything-list@googlegroups.com Subject: Re

Re: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-06 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Everyone: Here are some expansions on my prior post regarding the following three topics: i) Consciousness: Define it for now as the detection by a life entity of the current system energy configuration both internal and external to the life entity sufficient to ensure its adherence to its

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-07 Thread Hal Ruhl
11:07 AM To: everything-list@googlegroups.com Subject: Re: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum On 11/7/2012 9:38 AM, Hal Ruhl wrote: Hi Everyone: This may show up more than once as a few others did. In recent days I have had issues with my internet connection. It has been 16 hours

RE: Consciousness = life = intelligence

2012-11-07 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Roger: -Original Message- From: everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Clough Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:06 AM To: everything-list Subject: Consciousness = life = intelligence Hi Hal Ruhl Consciousness = life

RE: RE: RE: Consciousness = life = intelligence

2012-11-08 Thread Hal Ruhl
-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Clough Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:51 AM To: everything-list Subject: Re: RE: RE: Consciousness = life = intelligence Hi Hal Ruhl Since life in the form of photosynthesis creates order in the form of cell structure out of a random (entropic

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-08 Thread Hal Ruhl
/2012 11:40 AM, Hal Ruhl wrote: Hi Stephen: pAP1 is #8 of the discussion initiating posts 8) Conclusion (2): Once life is present it will immediately punch as many holes in as many Energy Hang-up Barriers as the details of the particular life entity involved allows - this is how it realizes its

RE: Re: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-08 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Roger: -Original Message- From: everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Clough Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:09 AM To: everything-list Subject: Re: Re: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum Hi Hal, Just look at the

RE: RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-09 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Roger: Roger: Talk to Dawkins. The purpose of the gene is to create more genes. So the purpose of life (at a minimum) is to create more life. Response from Hal: No. Life creates more life in compliance with pAP1. A reasonable result is one heck of a mass extinction. Repeat until there

RE: RE: Re: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-09 Thread Hal Ruhl
, purpose, and qualia spectrum Hi Hal Ruhl Sorry, I can not respond as you clipped off my previous post containing said metaphors. Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net 11/9/2012 Forever is a long time, especially near the end. -Woody Allen - Receiving the following content - From: Hal Ruhl

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-09 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Stepen: Interesting post. I indicated in the initiating posts that life should rapidly appear where the conditions supporting it are found. I suspect that in most cases the sphere of influence for a particular instance of a biosphere is small when compared to the size of the universe.

Re: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-09 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Everyone: At this time I would like to go a bit further re item iii: iii) Species survival: Life on this planet is in the midst of an extinction event [not a new idea] that can't be stopped because pAP1 would be the only priority for life. We may not be extinguished as a species but we

life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-10 Thread Hal Ruhl
I have tried to post this several times. It appears I am again having issues with my email software. I am sorry if it eventually posts multiple times. Hi John and Russell: As far as I know all the “Laws of Physics” are based on observation and are absent closed form proof. Given the data I

RE: Life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-11 Thread Hal Ruhl
I have tried to post this several times. It appears I am again having issues with my email software. I am sorry if it eventually posts multiple times. Hi John and Russell: As far as I know all the Laws of Physics are based on observation and are absent closed form proof. Given the data I

Re: life: origin, purpose, and qualia spectrum

2012-11-13 Thread Hal Ruhl
This is an effort to clarify what I have said in earlier posts. I think it strengths the idea that we have a very substantial problem on our hands. [Terms not defined herein have the usual “Laws of Physics” definition] 1) Definition {1}: Energy (E) is the ability to subject a mass to a

Re: clearing up the confusion on the fairness index

2012-12-18 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Roger : Try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_distribution_in_the_United_States Then Try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in_the_United_States Hal -- You received this message because you are subscribed to

Re: On Income Fairness in the USA and the world

2012-12-18 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Roger: Try this and sort by wealth Gini http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_distribution_of_wealth Hal -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.

Re: On Income Fairness in the USA and the world

2012-12-18 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Roger : Try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_distribution_in_the_United_States Then Try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in_the_United_States Hal Sorry if this posts more than once - some of my posts just

RE: Re: clearing up the confusion on the fairness index

2012-12-21 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Roger : Then Try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in_the_United_States Hal -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send

RE: The limit of all computations

2012-05-22 Thread Hal Ruhl
. Thus I see the model as containing, but not limited to, comp. Well, the model is still a work in progress. Hal Ruhl -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com

RE: The limit of all computations

2012-05-23 Thread Hal Ruhl
of QM in many universes] is allowed within my model but is not the only descriptor of universe evolution. Many evolving universes may contain no such computational component. Hal Ruhl -Original Message- From: everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf

RE: The limit of all computations

2012-05-23 Thread Hal Ruhl
a substantially increased level of comprehension of economics which is actually a result of any local physics. I can't accomplish this re most of Bruno's work since I am definitely not adequate in the relevant logic disciplines. Hal Ruhl From: everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:everything

RE: The limit of all computations

2012-05-23 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Brent: I shall try to respond tomorrow. Hal Ruhl From: everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of meekerdb Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:41 PM To: everything-list@googlegroups.com Subject: Re: The limit of all computations On 5/23

Re: A humble suggestion to the group

2014-02-03 Thread Hal Ruhl
started a FAQ for the list but the project died. Hal Ruhl -Original Message- From: *everything-list@googlegroups.com* everything-list@googlegroups.com[ *mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com* everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Russell Standish Sent: Sunday, January

Re: A humble suggestion to the group

2014-02-04 Thread Hal Ruhl
On Monday, February 3, 2014 3:58:07 PM UTC-5, Russell Standish wrote: On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 08:09:00AM -0800, Hal Ruhl wrote: Hi Russell and everyone My personal archive goes back to March of 2008 if there might be something in there that could help a wiki

RE: A humble suggestion to the group

2014-02-04 Thread Hal Ruhl
for the list but the project died. Hal Ruhl -Original Message- From: everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Russell Standish Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:38 PM To: Everything List Subject: Re: A humble suggestion to the group

Re: Vote to make ecocide illegal

2014-02-10 Thread Hal Ruhl
/18/2013] is at http://arobustfuturehistory.wordpress.com/ Hal Ruhl -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr

Re: Vote to make ecocide illegal

2014-02-10 Thread Hal Ruhl
and thus unavoidable extinction event built into life and it is fully effective absent an unnatural earlier one. Hal Ruhl On Monday, February 10, 2014 8:33:08 PM UTC-5, Liz R wrote: It certainly isn't natural at the rate we've been doing it. We're coming close to a cometary impact

Re: Vote to make ecocide illegal

2014-02-10 Thread Hal Ruhl
do make allowance for such a possibility. See the material I pointed to: http://arobustfuturehistory.wordpress.com/ Hal Ruhl -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from

Re: Vote to make ecocide illegal

2014-02-11 Thread Hal Ruhl
does this lack of choice influence the origin and structure [if this is a reasonably applicable term] of the Everything. Hal Ruhl On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:18:57 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote: On 11 Feb 2014, at 03:57, LizR wrote: On 11 February 2014 15:22, Hal Ruhl hal

Re: New NASA study predicts high probability of collapse of industrial civilization

2014-03-17 Thread Hal Ruhl
always inherently self destructive wherever it appears in any allowed universe then why is there such a down select in the types of allowed universes. - *http://arobustfuturehistory.wordpress.com/*http://arobustfuturehistory.wordpress.com/ Hal Ruhl -- You

Re: New NASA study predicts high probability of collapse of industrial civilization

2014-03-18 Thread Hal Ruhl
such processes will be implemented in any universe in which they are possible. Since entropy has a fixed maximum in a closed system (a universe) then life must enable its own extinction. Yours Hal On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:23:58 PM UTC-4, JohnM wrote: Dear Hal Ruhl, it has been for long since

Re: New NASA study predicts high probability of collapse of industrial civilization

2014-03-20 Thread Hal Ruhl
it if it is shown to be unrealistic] so I would deeply appreciate comments on it. Hal Ruhl On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:28:15 PM UTC-4, Russell Standish wrote: On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:44:17PM +1300, LizR wrote: Yes, I think that's what Carl Sagan said about the possibility of life

My model re Comp and Life re the Everything

2014-03-30 Thread Hal Ruhl
posts], then how does this impact the Everything since I see it as a restriction [selection] on the scope of possible universes? Comments welcome. Thanks Hal Ruhl DEFINITIONS: i) Distinction: That which enables a separation such as a particular red from other colors. ii

Re: My model re Comp and Life re the Everything

2014-03-31 Thread Hal Ruhl
some of my recent posts], then how does this impact the Everything since I see it as a restriction [selection] on the scope of possible universes? Comments welcome. Thanks Hal Ruhl DEFINITIONS: i) Distinction: That which enables a separation such as a particular

RE: My model re Comp and Life re the Everything

2014-03-31 Thread hal ruhl
Subject: Re: My model re Comp and Life re the Everything On 1 April 2014 12:48, Hal Ruhl halr...@alum.syracuse.edu wrote: Hi Bruno: Reintroducing some mathematical terms to my model: A distinction is a description of a boundary between two things see definition i. As a description it is a number

Re: My model re Comp and Life re the Everything

2014-04-03 Thread Hal Ruhl
it is “machine” is at least one component of a correct and complete description of our observer experience. This because I believe it to be a different expression part of if not all of my approach. There may be other components but this may be TBD. On 01 Apr 2014, at 01:48, Hal Ruhl wrote

Re: My model re Comp and Life re the Everything

2014-04-04 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Bruno: On Friday, April 4, 2014 12:36:13 PM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote: Hal, Yes, we might be on the same length wave for the ultimate TOE, Thank you but your terming is rather terrible. I will work on it, perhaps needing some help. Today I tend to think of the current

Re: UDA revisited

2006-11-19 Thread Hal Ruhl
my objects because the matrix would have to have some properties. I think that this argument as far as a material matrix goes is to a degree along the lines of your argument but clearly I presently see the UD as just a subset of my list's dynamic. Hal Ruhl

Objects, Lists, and continuums

2006-12-03 Thread Hal Ruhl
description and object. Objects interact by mutually changing just one property - their location on a Physical Reality dimension. The change is just a shifting of boundaries between sublists. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because

Re: Objects, Lists, and continuums

2006-12-04 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Tom At 11:10 AM 12/4/2006, you wrote: Hal Ruhl wrote: The idea is presented below and its result appears to be to exclude continuums from universes. Assumptions: 1) There is a list of all possible properties of objects. The above object #1 is countable by definition

Re: The Meaning of Life

2006-12-31 Thread Hal Ruhl
? Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED

Re: The Meaning of Life

2007-01-01 Thread Hal Ruhl
properties remain fixed. I also think that Bruno's comp model might fit inside such a multiverse since some of the object sequences could be associated with the trace of a UD. Hal Ruhl At 06:59 PM 12/31/2006, you wrote: Hal, so yhou look at it... (at what?) - anyway from the standpoint

RE: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-01-28 Thread Hal Ruhl
be life - and even beyond that - SAS friendly. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-04 Thread Hal Ruhl
model may include Bruno's model as a subset. Yours Hal Ruhl - Original Message - From: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]Hal Ruhl To: mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.comeverything-list@googlegroups.com Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 11:02 PM Subject: RE: ASSA and Many-Worlds One thing that I do

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-05 Thread Hal Ruhl
. Lets us say that you are correct about this result re your model, this just seems to reinforce the idea that it is a sub set in order to avoid the information generating selection in the full set. Yours Hal Ruhl At 11:30 AM 2/5/2007, you wrote: Le 05-févr.-07, à 00:46, Hal Ruhl a écrit

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-06 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Bruno: At 06:23 AM 2/6/2007, you wrote: Le 06-févr.-07, à 05:25, Stathis Papaioannou a écrit : Hal Ruhl writes: Hi Bruno: I do not think I fully understand what you are saying. Suppose your model bans white rabbits from its evolving universes - meaning I take it that all

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-06 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi John: Long ago there was some effort to write a FAQ for the list. Perhaps we should give it another try. Hal Ruhl At 11:30 AM 2/6/2007, you wrote: Hal and list: I do not think anybody fully understands what other listers write, even if one thinks so. Or is it only my handicap? John M

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-06 Thread Hal Ruhl
Just to clarify - in the metaphor a UD trace that assigns a Hyper Existence of say 0.2 does so to all states it lands on because the UD is that type of UD. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-07 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi John: I think the idea before was to provide an acronym list and also give each person or like minded group a limit of a few pages in the FAQ document in which to present a summary of their point of view. Hal Ruhl At 11:59 AM 2/7/2007, you wrote: Hal: you really believe that anybody could

Re: Jason + Stathis

2007-02-11 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Jason: I want to thank you for you work re a centralized place to keep the various essences of the list and their variations. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-11 Thread Hal Ruhl
are present. Hal Ruhl At 04:23 AM 2/9/2007, you wrote: Le 07-févr.-07, à 02:45, Hal Ruhl a écrit : Given an uncountably infinite number of objects generated from a countably infinite list of properties and an uncountably infinite number of UD's in the metaphor I can not see an issue

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-17 Thread Hal Ruhl
related successions are allowed. Successions displaying any degree of randomness are also allowed. I would like to finish the walk through of my model before discussing white rabbits and observation. Yours Hal Ruhl At 09:49 AM 2/12/2007, you wrote: Hi Hal, Le 12-févr.-07, à 03:37, Hal Ruhl

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-17 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi John: This is what brought me to the idea that while all objects have simultaneous existence they also can have degrees of hyper existence. Hyper existence is like a tag that indicates states that are, those that are becoming, and those that have recently been [so to speak]. Hal Ruhl

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-19 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Bruno: At 05:43 AM 2/19/2007, you wrote: Le 18-févr.-07, à 03:33, Hal Ruhl a écrit : Hi Bruno: In response I will start with some assumptions central to my approach. The first has to do with the process of making a list. The assumption is: Making a list of items [which

Re: ASSA and Many-Worlds

2007-02-20 Thread Hal Ruhl
. The inconsistency is inherited by the dynamic so the dynamic has a random content. All levels of randomness of trips to completeness are allowed. A UD trace if I understand it correctly would be equivalent to a Nothing on a reasonably monotonic trip to completeness. Yours Hal Ruhl At 12:10 PM 2/20

Re: No(-)Justification Justifies The Everything Ensemble

2007-09-16 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Youness: I have been posting models based on a list of properties as the fundamental for a few years. Hal Ruhl At 06:36 PM 9/13/2007, you wrote: On 13 Sep., 19:44, Brent Meeker [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Youness Ayaita wrote: This leads to the 2nd idea: We don't say that imaginable

Re: No(-)Justification Justifies The Everything Ensemble

2007-09-17 Thread Hal Ruhl
- if present - would therefore mostly observe small changes. Hal Ruhl At 02:22 AM 9/17/2007, you wrote: Thank you for this remark, Hal. Indeed, you mentioned very similar ideas: List of all properties: The list of all possible properties objects can have. The list can not be empty since

Re: No(-)Justification Justifies The Everything Ensemble

2007-09-18 Thread Hal Ruhl
: On Sep 18, 1:24 pm, Hal Ruhl [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Hi Youness: Bruno has indeed recommended that I study in more detail the underlying mathematics that I may be appealing to. The response that I have made may be a bit self serving but at this point in my life I am having difficultly

Re: No(-)Justification Justifies The Everything Ensemble

2007-09-18 Thread Hal Ruhl
or another resolution of a meaningful question the current system has insufficient content to otherwise resolve. So the process is mathematical but not mathematical system specific. By duration re the Nothing I do not intend a time factor but something more like a resource. Hal Ruhl

Russell's Theory of Nothing and time.

2008-01-06 Thread Hal Ruhl
over and over forever. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL

Re: Russell's Theory of Nothing and time.

2008-01-07 Thread Hal Ruhl
a good 2008 Thanks, you too. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL

White Rabbits

2008-01-07 Thread Hal Ruhl
in this venue. There would be only one possible maximum size transitions and many possible small ones. In this approach large transitions that resemble White Rabbits would be uncommon and patternless White Rabbit events should not exist. Hal Ruhl

Re: Russell's Theory of Nothing and time.

2008-01-09 Thread Hal Ruhl
Everything are of course members of the ensemble but I see nothingness as a multiplicity [or set] of various other members since nothingness can have various sub texts. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed

dark energy

2008-01-15 Thread Hal Ruhl
of a Something inside the Everything increases as the quest progresses. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED

Re: dark energy

2008-01-16 Thread Hal Ruhl
for any sub component of the Something including what one might call an observer. I may need to reconsider when I get to that point in Russell's book but my time restraints force me to take considerable time doing so. Hal Ruhl At 02:21 PM 1/16/2008, you wrote: Hi Hal, This topic interests me

Re: dark energy

2008-01-16 Thread Hal Ruhl
in which the term need goes back to supporting a spirit-based system. Again the need is as a mass responding to the forces applied. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post

Re: dark energy

2008-01-17 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi George: I see no motivator to any dynamics within the Everything other than the incompleteness of some of its members and the unavoidable necessity to progressively resolve this incompleteness. Hal Ruhl At 12:29 AM 1/17/2008, you wrote: Hal Ruhl wrote: This is an automatic process

Re: dark energy

2008-01-18 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi George: I see no feeling of anything in a Something. There is only an absence of the information needed to answer meaningful questions that are asked and must is be answered. Hal Ruhl At 11:13 PM 1/17/2008, you wrote: Hal, Allright. You are saying that incompleteness is the (only

Re: dark energy

2008-01-20 Thread Hal Ruhl
the Everything or in/of any of its sub sets. Hal Ruhl At 07:48 AM 1/20/2008, you wrote: George and Hal: Why does a question emerge? Why does it 'imply' to be answered? (I avoid 'why do we feel') Where did 'incompleteness' occur from? All these are very 'human' concepts and we impersonate them

Re: dark energy

2008-01-21 Thread Hal Ruhl
be diverse on the issue. Hal Ruhl At 04:27 PM 1/21/2008, you wrote: Hi, Hal: ... I used motivator in the sense that a gas engine is a motivator of dynamics Indeed? does a gas engine 'work' without dynamics - what is supposed to be motivated by its activity? This question came

Properties of observers

2008-02-03 Thread Hal Ruhl
aspects of the information dynamic appear to originate from the history of the dynamic for a particular Something and its resultant current incompleteness. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed

Re: Properties of observers

2008-02-09 Thread Hal Ruhl
[A-Inf] All Information. Well its a first try. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe from this group

Re: Properties of observers

2008-02-10 Thread Hal Ruhl
. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options

Re: Properties of observers

2008-02-11 Thread Hal Ruhl
be [incompleteness] by the Q(i). Are aspects also types of distinctions? Information could be called a distinguisher I suppose, but I currently prefer divisor as in that which lies between, or outlines distinguishables. Hal Ruhl At 09:02 AM 2/11/2008, you wrote: Hal, I lost you 2) - 13): I cannot

RE: Observer Moment or Observer Space?

2008-03-30 Thread Hal Ruhl
direction. I agree. Of course this finite amount of time will be observer dependent, How do you mean that. I do not see that state dwell duration differs within a given universe. I also do not see a fixed value even for a particular universe. Hal Ruhl

RE: Observer Moment or Observer Space?

2008-03-31 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Russell: On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 09:35:47PM -0500, Hal Ruhl wrote: Hi Russell: In response to Jason you wrote: An OM is a state of a machine. In as far as the machine is embedded in space, the the OM is spread across space. Successive OMs involve state change, In my model

RE: Observer Moment or Observer Space?

2008-04-01 Thread Hal Ruhl
). It would be interesting to see how different the perspective is. Indeed. Hal Ruhl -- A/Prof Russell Standish Phone 0425 253119 (mobile) Mathematics UNSW SYDNEY 2052

RE: Observer Moment or Observer Space?

2008-04-02 Thread Hal Ruhl
to be information processing. I will accept that for now. Importantly it seem to move the two points of view closer together Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group

RE: On Russell's Derivation of Quantum Mechanics

2008-04-27 Thread Hal Ruhl
from this derivation consciousness is not a requirement in order to have a process but may be present. Also from this derivation, the process is an inseparable part of the system. Hal Ruhl -Original Message- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Russell

Simplest system?

2008-05-15 Thread Hal Ruhl
during the S(i) to S(i+1) transition. 12) The selector mechanism can be the simplest possible or be an ensemble of components ranging from simple to very complex. Some could be complex enough to be SAS. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message

RE: Simplest system?

2008-05-16 Thread Hal Ruhl
to be SAS. Hal Ruhl --~--~-~--~~~---~--~~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Everything List group. To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED

RE: everything wiki

2008-09-25 Thread Hal Ruhl
Hi Jonni: How does this affect the site? I was hoping to use it this winter. Yours Hal Ruhl -Original Message- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jonni jemp Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:51 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: everything wiki hi

Re: objections to QTI

2005-06-01 Thread Hal Ruhl
is a random walk with a lower bound and no upper bound. The above pressure will always quickly jump start life at the lower bound in such universes by rolling the dice so to speak as much as necessary to do so. Hal Ruhl At 10:13 PM 5/31/2005, you wrote: Norman Samish wrote: [Responding

Re: objections to QTI

2005-06-01 Thread Hal Ruhl
is a random walk with a lower bound and no upper bound. The above pressure will always quickly jump start life at the lower bound in such universes by rolling the dice so to speak as much as necessary to do so. Hal Ruhl At 10:13 PM 5/31/2005, you wrote: Norman Samish wrote: [Responding

  1   2   3   4   >