Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread wgm4u


 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, emilymaenot@... wrote:

 

 

 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, authfriend@... wrote:

 BillyG pontificated:
 
  Unfortunately for some (gays) it's a bitter pill to swallow that they are 
the product of their own making 
 

 Homophobes like to imagine that gays must be miserable just because they're 
gay. But actually, the only reason being gay was ever a bitter pill was 
because of the disgraceful way gays were treated--looked down on, called 
sinners, not allowed to marry, etc. Now that such crap is rapidly becoming 
unacceptable and gays aren't being reviled and discriminated against (at least 
in this country), most gays are perfectly happy with who they are.
 

 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TBgcctcco

 

 









[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread TurquoiseB
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u  wrote:

 We really don't know what those exact choices were, we do have some
theories, what we do know is the law of karma.

With all due respect, you know the law of karma the same way that
people know that the Earth is flat or that humans never walked on the
moon. Or that there is a God. No one knows these things; they
*believe* them.

Someone *told* you about the *theory* of karma, and you choose to
*believe* that theory. That is not the same as knowing. And for good
reason, because there is *no such thing* as knowing.

  You'll have to ask those individuals whether it was/is a reward or
punishment, and maybe only time will tell. Some already know, each
individual is different, though the scriptures advise against it for
your own long term happiness.


 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, s3raphita@ wrote:

  Re homosexuals are all products of freewill choices made in this
and/or past lives:


  So what choices did they make exactly? And is having homosexual
tendencies a reward or a punishment?




[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread doctordumbass
Knowledge is embedded in consciousness, in awareness. By expanding 
consciousness, we have the capability to know more. Infinite consciousness 
equals the capability for infinite knowledge. At first, this occurs with 
physical differentiation and growth, and that is why, for example, second 
graders would be lost if placed in a sixth grade classroom. 
True, all religions have their codes of behavior - and many people follow them 
out of blind belief, or fear. There is a lot of superstition around the concept 
of 'karma'. My sense of it, in my life, is that of momentum created, and 
desires realized - karma coming to fruition. Karma can also serve the function 
of creating feedback, so that a particular choice is avoided, or welcomed, in 
the future. 
Karma isn't bad or good, but the effects of it are. However trying to examine 
karmic effects too closely, is a fool's game, even though the term is used 
loosely, for any cause and effect.

[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread wgm4u
All we KNOW is that the law of karma exists, only you (or I) decide if it's 
believable. Apparently you don't believe in it, so be it, I do. Knowing OF the 
law and knowing that the law is true are two different things, surely you can 
see that, (I hope).
  
 BTW, how do you KNOW there is no such thing as KNOWING? Nyuk.
 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, turquoiseb@... wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u wrote:
 
 We really don't know what those exact choices were, we do have some theories, 
 what we do know is the law of karma. 

 With all due respect, you know the law of karma the same way that people 
know that the Earth is flat or that humans never walked on the moon. Or that 
there is a God. No one knows these things; they *believe* them. 

Someone *told* you about the *theory* of karma, and you choose to *believe* 
that theory. That is not the same as knowing. And for good reason, because 
there is *no such thing* as knowing.  

  You'll have to ask those individuals whether it was/is a reward or 
  punishment, and maybe only time will tell. Some already know, each 
  individual is different, though the scriptures advise against it for your 
  own long term happiness. 
 
 
 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, s3raphita@ wrote: 
 
 Re homosexuals are all products of freewill choices made in this and/or past 
 lives: 
 
 
 So what choices did they make exactly? And is having homosexual tendencies a 
 reward or a punishment?

 



Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread wgm4u

 The interesting thing is, is that homosexuals don't know WHY they're 
homosexual, (born or otherwise), reincarnation and karma explain all of that. 
  
 The most common remark is, I was just born that way, or as far back as I 
can remember, but, that explains nothing.
  
 Perhaps they really don't want to know? Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
  
  
 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, no_re...@yahoogroups.com wrote:


 

 

 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, emilymaenot@... wrote:

 

 

 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, authfriend@... wrote:

 BillyG pontificated:
 
  Unfortunately for some (gays) it's a bitter pill to swallow that they are 
the product of their own making 
 

 Homophobes like to imagine that gays must be miserable just because they're 
gay. But actually, the only reason being gay was ever a bitter pill was 
because of the disgraceful way gays were treated--looked down on, called 
sinners, not allowed to marry, etc. Now that such crap is rapidly becoming 
unacceptable and gays aren't being reviled and discriminated against (at least 
in this country), most gays are perfectly happy with who they are.
 

 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TBgcctcco

 

 










[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread wgm4u

 Thanks, you just answered Barry's question vis-à-vis *knowing*.
 
---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, no_re...@yahoogroups.com wrote:


 Knowledge is embedded in consciousness, in awareness. By expanding 
consciousness, we have the capability to know more. Infinite consciousness 
equals the capability for infinite knowledge. 
  
  
 Thanks, you just answered Barry's question vis-à-vis *knowing*.

  
  
  
  


Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread authfriend
Do you know why you're heterosexual, BillyG (that is, if you are)?
 

 BillyG speculated:
 
  The interesting thing is, is that homosexuals don't know WHY they're 
homosexual, (born or otherwise), reincarnation and karma explain all of that. 
  
 The most common remark is, I was just born that way, or as far back as I 
can remember, but, that explains nothing.
  
 Perhaps they really don't want to know? Ignorance is bliss, as they say. 
 BillyG pontificated:
 
  Unfortunately for some (gays) it's a bitter pill to swallow that they are 
the product of their own making 
 

 Homophobes like to imagine that gays must be miserable just because they're 
gay. But actually, the only reason being gay was ever a bitter pill was 
because of the disgraceful way gays were treated--looked down on, called 
sinners, not allowed to marry, etc. Now that such crap is rapidly becoming 
unacceptable and gays aren't being reviled and discriminated against (at least 
in this country), most gays are perfectly happy with who they are.
 

 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TBgcctcco

 

 












Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread Richard J. Williams

On 12/23/2013 4:42 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

*/
Someone *told* you about the *theory* of karma, and you choose to 
*believe* that theory. That is not the same as knowing. And for good 
reason, because there is *no such thing* as knowing. /*
We also know about karma by observation: human excrement always flows 
down stream. So, it's not really a theory anymore; it's more like an 
observable fact of reality. When you drop a stone into a pond, there are 
observable ripples that spread out all around. Whatever goes up, must 
return to earth; everything falls down.


What we do know is that when a billiard ball is struck by another 
billiard ball, there will be a cause and an effect. Whatever is at rest 
will remain at rest; whatever is in motion will continue in motion. We 
know this through experience; it's no longer just a belief. So, for 
every action there is a reaction and for every act there are consequences.


If a person kills another then there is a lawful price to pay. Everyone 
knows this because we have laws that are  to protect people from murder. 
What we don't  known is if there is a moral reciprocity or not. Almost 
all Buddhists belive there is - in thought, word,or deed. So Buddhists 
don't usualy go around causing harm to living beings. You should know 
this, since you claim to be a Buddhist. Go figure.


[FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread authfriend
Important point. The suicide rate for gay teens is still disproportionately 
high. It's a lot harder for gay teens to come to terms with where they're at 
because of a lack of understanding of homosexuality among their peers. Any teen 
who is perceived to be different is likely to be persecuted by his or her 
classmates, and that's going to leave scars for even the best-adjusted gay 
adults.
 

 http://www.itgetsbetter.org/ http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

 

 http://www.youtube.com/user/itgetsbetterproject 
http://www.youtube.com/user/itgetsbetterproject

 

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Gets_Better 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Gets_Better

 

 It Gets Better is an Internet-based project founded in the United States 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States by Dan Savage 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Savage and his husband Terry Miller on 
September 21, 2010, in response to the suicides 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide of teenagers who were bullied 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullied because they were gay 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay or because their peers suspected that they 
were gay. Its goal is to prevent suicide among LGBT youth 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth by having gay adults 
convey the message that these teens' lives will improve.

 



Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread Richard J. Williams

On 12/23/2013 7:37 AM, authfri...@yahoo.com wrote:

Do you know why you're heterosexual, BillyG (that is, if you are)?
When attempting to demonize and shoot the messenger, don't forget to 
sneak in a snark remark about a person's sexual orientation, but never 
admit your own. First Rule of Snark. Or, never pass up an opportunity to 
make fun of a person's place of origin or where they live. Second Rule 
of Snark. And, never pass up an opportunity to blame a serious 
catastrophe on those that pray or meditate in groups. Third rule of 
Snark. And, if the above seems to have no effect, create a macro to post 
at the top of your opponents message. When all else fails, stoop to 
outright name calling such as slime or slime-ball.


This latter works on almost all occasions when you know you've been 
defeated in a fair debate. General Rule of Snark.


[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread j_alexander_stanley


 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, doctordumbass wrote:

 
 True, all religions have their codes of behavior - and many people follow 
 them out of blind belief, or fear. 

http://9gag.com/gag/a75W5Eq http://9gag.com/gag/a75W5Eq




[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread j_alexander_stanley
http://9gag.com/gag/a75W5Eq http://9gag.com/gag/a75W5Eq

 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, no_re...@yahoogroups.com wrote:

 
True, all religions have their codes of behavior - and many people follow them 
out of blind belief, or fear. 



[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread TurquoiseB
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, doctordumbass wrote:
  
  True, all religions have their codes of behavior - and many people
follow them out of blind belief, or fear.

 http://9gag.com/gag/a75W5Eq http://9gag.com/gag/a75W5Eq
http://9gag.com/gag/a75W5Eq http://9gag.com/gag/a75W5Eq

Alex, this post has my vote as possibly the funniest I have ever seen
here on Fairfield Life. And the one truest to the forum's *intent*, if
the blurb on its Home Page were to be believed.

The very *idea* that the Supposed Intelligence In Charge Of All Of This
could be aware of or concerned about whether one sentient being on one
tiny rock orbiting one tiny star out on the way unfashionable edge of a
fairly insignificant spiral of other stars whacks off or not is totally
wack. Gone. Over the edge, sanity-wise.

Whoever put this graphic together really *got* that. Deep bow.





Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread wgm4u

 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, punditster@... wrote:

 On 12/23/2013 7:37 AM, authfriend@... mailto:authfriend@... wrote:
 
 Do you know why you're heterosexual, BillyG (that is, if you are)? When 
attempting to demonize and shoot the messenger, don't forget to sneak in a 
snark remark about a person's sexual orientation, but never admit your own. 
First Rule of Snark. Or, never pass up an opportunity to make fun of a person's 
place of origin or where they live. Second Rule of Snark. And, never pass up an 
opportunity to blame a serious catastrophe on those that pray or meditate in 
groups. Third rule of Snark. And, if the above seems to have no effect, create 
a macro to post at the top of your opponents message. When all else fails, 
stoop to outright name calling such as slime or slime-ball. 
 
 This latter works on almost all occasions when you know you've been defeated 
in a fair debate. General Rule of Snark.
 



Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread wgm4u
No, I don't, but there must be an explanation, my best guess is that people are 
what they are because of the law of Karma...(so far, I'm still hetero).
 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, authfriend@... wrote:

 Do you know why you're heterosexual, BillyG (that is, if you are)?
 

 BillyG speculated:
 
  The interesting thing is, is that homosexuals don't know WHY they're 
homosexual, (born or otherwise), reincarnation and karma explain all of that. 
  
 The most common remark is, I was just born that way, or as far back as I 
can remember, but, that explains nothing.
  
 Perhaps they really don't want to know? Ignorance is bliss, as they say. 
 BillyG pontificated:
 
  Unfortunately for some (gays) it's a bitter pill to swallow that they are 
the product of their own making 
 

 Homophobes like to imagine that gays must be miserable just because they're 
gay. But actually, the only reason being gay was ever a bitter pill was 
because of the disgraceful way gays were treated--looked down on, called 
sinners, not allowed to marry, etc. Now that such crap is rapidly becoming 
unacceptable and gays aren't being reviled and discriminated against (at least 
in this country), most gays are perfectly happy with who they are.
 

 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TBgcctcco

 

 














Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread Richard J. Williams

On 12/23/2013 9:41 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
*/a fairly insignificant spiral of other stars whacks off or not is 
totally wack./*
In my opinion, what any adult does in the privacy of their own bedroom, 
with themselves, with two or more others, is nobody's business but their 
own. So, based on my belief, you're probably just spiraling totally out 
of whack when anyone attempts to post a message about anyone's private 
sexual habits, or not. Although, it can be funny sometimes to post 
comments like that. Usually, there is a back story to it though (no pun 
intended). LoL!


Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread wgm4u
...or redneck, or pontificator, or bigot. When names start being called you 
know the name caller is loosing the argument!
 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, punditster@... wrote:

 On 12/23/2013 7:37 AM, authfriend@... mailto:authfriend@... wrote:
 
 Do you know why you're heterosexual, BillyG (that is, if you are)? When 
attempting to demonize and shoot the messenger, don't forget to sneak in a 
snark remark about a person's sexual orientation, but never admit your own. 
First Rule of Snark. Or, never pass up an opportunity to make fun of a person's 
place of origin or where they live. Second Rule of Snark. And, never pass up an 
opportunity to blame a serious catastrophe on those that pray or meditate in 
groups. Third rule of Snark. And, if the above seems to have no effect, create 
a macro to post at the top of your opponents message. When all else fails, 
stoop to outright name calling such as slime or slime-ball. 
 
 This latter works on almost all occasions when you know you've been defeated 
in a fair debate. General Rule of Snark.
 



[FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread wgm4u
Those who persecute gays don't follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, who taught 
us to love our fellow man and woman, let him who has not sinned cast the first 
stone.
 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, authfriend@... wrote:

 Important point. The suicide rate for gay teens is still disproportionately 
high. It's a lot harder for gay teens to come to terms with where they're at 
because of a lack of understanding of homosexuality among their peers. Any teen 
who is perceived to be different is likely to be persecuted by his or her 
classmates, and that's going to leave scars for even the best-adjusted gay 
adults.
 

 http://www.itgetsbetter.org/ http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

 

 http://www.youtube.com/user/itgetsbetterproject 
http://www.youtube.com/user/itgetsbetterproject

 

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Gets_Better 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Gets_Better

 

 It Gets Better is an Internet-based project founded in the United States 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States by Dan Savage 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Savage and his husband Terry Miller on 
September 21, 2010, in response to the suicides 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide of teenagers who were bullied 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullied because they were gay 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay or because their peers suspected that they 
were gay. Its goal is to prevent suicide among LGBT youth 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth by having gay adults 
convey the message that these teens' lives will improve.

 





[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread doctordumbass
and what about Santa??

He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake... 

and wtf, anyway - Just for a couple of presents at the end of the year?

[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread doctordumbass
Despite all your travels, Barry, you really need to get out more. The isolation 
and separateness you take such comfort in, is not real. Have a nice day, and 
may the day enjoy a nice Barry, too.

[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread wgm4u
Ho, ho, hooo! Said Gay St. Nick!
  
  
 1
 a :  happily excited :  merry http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/merry 
in a gay mood 
b :  keenly alive and exuberant :  having or inducing high spirits a bird's 
gay spring song 
 2
 a :  bright http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bright, lively 
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lively gay sunny meadows 
b :  brilliant in color 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, no_re...@yahoogroups.com wrote:



 and what about Santa??

He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake... 

and wtf, anyway - Just for a couple of presents at the end of the year?



[FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread emilymaenot
Alex, Merry Christmas!  This is superb.  Another good day here on FFL?


Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread Bhairitu
Ya got it wrong, it's the NSA who see you when you're sleeping, knows 
when you're awake, knows if you've been bad or good...

It's the 21st century ya know!

On 12/23/2013 08:55 AM, doctordumb...@rocketmail.com wrote:


and what about Santa??

He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake...

and wtf, anyway - Just for a couple of presents at the end of the year?






Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-23 Thread doctordumbass
That's what *they* think. However, with my tin-foil hat firmly in place, 24/7, 
I am invisible - blocks *their* thought-waves, too.


[FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread martyboi
Nature did make them homosexuals - possibly based on their past choices. MMY 
taught that every state of consciousness has physiological correlates... so 
yes, they were born that way.
 

 Everyone has a huge, infinite storehouse of karma..therefore, judging others 
for their peccadilloes is kinda odd when you think about it...because somewhere 
in everyone's storehouse of impressions is the complete range of possible human 
desires. So part of loving our brothers and sisters as ourselves is simply 
acknowledging that we're all in the same boat. So don't worry about gay people 
so much...you'll get your turn.
 

 Christ also taught us the shortcut to resolving our personal and family karma 
- forgiveness.
 

 

 

 



[FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread authfriend
martyboi wrote:
 
  So don't worry about gay people so much...you'll get your turn. 
 

 Comment of the Month. Maybe of the year. Nicely done, martyboi.
 

 

 

 

 


 


Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread Share Long
Thank you Marty, for this beautiful reminder that we're all in the boat. Then 
we can take turns rowing and resting (-:





On Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:29 AM, marty...@yahoo.com marty...@yahoo.com 
wrote:
 
  
Nature did make them homosexuals - possibly based on their past choices. MMY 
taught that every state of consciousness has physiological correlates... so 
yes, they were born that way.

Everyone has a huge, infinite storehouse of karma..therefore, judging others 
for their peccadilloes is kinda odd when you think about it...because somewhere 
in everyone's storehouse of impressions is the complete range of possible human 
desires. So part of loving our brothers and sisters as ourselves is simply 
acknowledging that we're all in the same boat. So don't worry about gay people 
so much...you'll get your turn.

Christ also taught us the shortcut to resolving our personal and family karma - 
forgiveness.






[FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread wgm4u

 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, martyboi@... wrote:

 Nature did make them homosexuals - possibly based on their past choices. 
  
 As was my point my friend; also, this has nothing to do with being judgmental. 
Don't confuse 'making Judgments' about things and 'sitting in Judgment' of 
someone, they're apples and oranges
  
  
  
 MMY taught that every state of consciousness has physiological correlates... 
so yes, they were born that way.
  
 Yes, based on Karma!
 

 Everyone has a huge, infinite storehouse of karma..therefore, judging others 
for their peccadilloes is kinda odd when you think about it.
  
 Sounds like a red herring, nobody is judging anybody's peccadilloes (like 
whose?).
  
 ..because somewhere in everyone's storehouse of impressions is the complete 
range of possible human desires. So part of loving our brothers and sisters as 
ourselves is simply acknowledging that we're all in the same boat. So don't 
worry about gay people so much...you'll get your turn.
  
 Correct, we are all subject to temptations, and willfulness, etc., Satan (the 
force that works for good, though scheming ill-Faust) doesn't play favorites. 
It's just a school, we'll all learn the hard lessons of life in due time.
 

  




[FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread s3raphita
Re homosexuals are all products of freewill choices made in this and/or past 
lives:
 

 So what choices did they make exactly? And is having homosexual tendencies a 
reward or a punishment?


[FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread wgm4u
We really don't know what those exact choices were, we do have some theories, 
what we do know is the law of karma.
  
 You'll have to ask those individuals whether it was/is a reward or punishment, 
and maybe only time will tell. Some already know, each individual is different, 
though the scriptures advise against it for your own long term happiness.
 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, s3raphita@... wrote:

 Re homosexuals are all products of freewill choices made in this and/or past 
lives:
 

 So what choices did they make exactly? And is having homosexual tendencies a 
reward or a punishment?




Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread Bhairitu

So maybe next lifetime you'll be born gay and can find out.

On 12/22/2013 02:42 PM, wgm4u wrote:


We really don't know what those exact choices were, we do have some 
theories, what we do know is the law of karma.


You'll have to ask those individuals whether it was/is a reward or 
punishment, and maybe only time will tell. Some already know, each 
individual is different, though the scriptures advise against it for 
your own long term happiness.




---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, s3raphita@... wrote:

Re homosexuals are all products of freewill choices made in this 
and/or past lives:



So what choices did they make exactly? And is having homosexual 
tendencies a reward or a punishment?







Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread wgm4u
You're not just born gay, somehow, someway you/they had a hand in their own 
destiny, is that so hard to understand?; yikes. We are ALL products of our own 
destiny, we're NOT victims of some capricious God.
  
 And who knows maybe I was gay in a past life, so what, that's not the issue 
here. the issue raised here is 'understanding' it. Unfortunately for some 
(gays) it's a bitter pill to swallow that they are the product of their own 
making and hence, like to just say (and lay on our ignorant society) they were 
just born that way, like a chicken hatched from and egg, GMAB!
  
 Actions have consequencesin this life OR the next, for ALL.
 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, noozguru@... wrote:

 So maybe next lifetime you'll be born gay and can find out.
 
 On 12/22/2013 02:42 PM, wgm4u wrote:
 
   We really don't know what those exact choices were, we do have some 
theories, what we do know is the law of karma.
  
 You'll have to ask those individuals whether it was/is a reward or punishment, 
and maybe only time will tell. Some already know, each individual is different, 
though the scriptures advise against it for your own long term happiness.
 
 
 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, s3raphita@... mailto:s3raphita@... 
wrote:
 
 Re homosexuals are all products of freewill choices made in this and/or past 
lives:
 
 
 So what choices did they make exactly? And is having homosexual tendencies a 
reward or a punishment?
 
 
 
 
 



Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread Share Long
wgm, I like the theory from Charlie Lutes that Mike shared. That we all 
alternate male and female lives, three each way. The first year when we're in a 
new gender we may still have tendencies, etc. from the previous life in the 
other gender. I like this theory because it's not punitive. What do you think?





On Sunday, December 22, 2013 6:53 PM, wgm4u no_re...@yahoogroups.com wrote:
 
  
You're not just born gay, somehow, someway you/they had a hand in their own 
destiny, is that so hard to understand?; yikes. We are ALL products of our own 
destiny, we're NOT victims of some capricious God.
 
And who knows maybe I was gay in a past life, so what, that's not the issue 
here. the issue raised here is 'understanding' it. Unfortunately for some 
(gays) it's a bitter pill to swallow that they are the product of their own 
making and hence, like to just say (and lay on our ignorant society) they were 
just born that way, like a chicken hatched from and egg, GMAB!
 
Actions have consequencesin this life OR the next, for ALL.


---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, noozguru@... wrote:


So maybe next lifetime you'll be born gay and can find out.


On 12/22/2013 02:42 PM, wgm4u wrote:

  
We really don't know what those exact choices were, we do have some theories, 
what we do know is the law of karma.
 
You'll have to ask those individuals whether it was/is a reward or punishment, 
and maybe only time will tell. Some already know, each individual is 
different, though the scriptures advise against it for your own long term 
happiness.


---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, s3raphita@... wrote:


Re homosexuals are all products of freewill choices made in this and/or past 
lives:


So what choices did they make exactly? And is having homosexual tendencies a 
reward or a punishment?



Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread s3raphita
Re we all alternate male and female lives. The first year when we're in a new 
gender we may still have tendencies, etc. from the previous life in the other 
gender. I like this theory because it's not punitive. What do you think?:

 

 Yes, I've always liked that speculation. Although I don't believe in 
reincarnation myself the concept has a certain poetical beauty to it. 
 Of course, if we're all one, maybe bisexual or transsexuals are on to 
something. Ramakrishna was a genuine mystic and clearly had an ambiguous sexual 
identity.


Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread authfriend
BillyG pontificated:
 
  Unfortunately for some (gays) it's a bitter pill to swallow that they are 
the product of their own making 
 

 Homophobes like to imagine that gays must be miserable just because they're 
gay. But actually, the only reason being gay was ever a bitter pill was 
because of the disgraceful way gays were treated--looked down on, called 
sinners, not allowed to marry, etc. Now that such crap is rapidly becoming 
unacceptable and gays aren't being reviled and discriminated against (at least 
in this country), most gays are perfectly happy with who they are.
 

 





Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread emilymaenot


 

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, authfriend@... wrote:

 BillyG pontificated:
 
  Unfortunately for some (gays) it's a bitter pill to swallow that they are 
the product of their own making 
 

 Homophobes like to imagine that gays must be miserable just because they're 
gay. But actually, the only reason being gay was ever a bitter pill was 
because of the disgraceful way gays were treated--looked down on, called 
sinners, not allowed to marry, etc. Now that such crap is rapidly becoming 
unacceptable and gays aren't being reviled and discriminated against (at least 
in this country), most gays are perfectly happy with who they are.
 

 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TBgcctcco

 

 







[FairfieldLife] RE: Understanding Homosexuality

2013-12-22 Thread s3raphita
 Re most gays are perfectly happy with who they are.:

 

 All the homosexuals and lesbians I've known and worked with over the past 
decades have been perfectly happy with their orientation (not sure if I like 
that word). Not a single exception to that rule. 
 

 It only seems to be a worry for teenagers who are coming to terms with where 
they're at. As I don't hang out with teenagers I wouldn't know what pressures 
they are under.