Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President

2012-10-12 Thread cindy reasoner
I disagree. Please can we just end all the political talk.
 
Cindy Reasoner
 
 
 
--- On Wed, 10/10/12, GRAS g...@optonline.net wrote:


From: GRAS g...@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 2:10 PM







I must respectfully disagree, this wasn’t about bashing anyone– to state a 
platform on which a candidate is running is just that – no one was calling any 
candidate horrible names!
 
 

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of cindy 
reasoner
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:19 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
 





I don't post very often but had to put my 2 cents in on this topic.  I think if 
more people would vote for the person they think would do the best job instead 
of getting hung up on the party this country would be a heck of alot better.  I 
have voted for Republicans and Democrats for President.  I don't agree with 
getting on here and bashing another party.   I really don't think this is the 
forum for politics.

 

 

Cindy Reasoner

--- On Wed, 10/10/12, Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com wrote:


From: Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:52 AM



I really think this discussion has turned to a Republican bashing session.  We 
Republicans disagree with almost everything you guys have said but there's no 
point of getting into it because no amount of discussion will change your 
mind.  And that's okay because that's what makes America great - we can 
disagree without feeling the threat of reprisal.  It is interesting to hear the 
Democratic views and what things you believe but some things are just not true 
like the supposed war on women.  Mitt and Paul do not have the complete 
authority to do some of the things mentioned and many Republicans wouldn't go 
along with these kinds of things anyway.  But it's okay with me if that's what 
you believe, I just don't think we can intelligently debate all the facts when 
we are not in the inner circle.  I think we've worn the topic out and nothing 
you guys have said will make me change my mind about Obama and obviously I will 
never change your minds about
 Republicans so let's talk about something else like animal abusers and trying 
to get the death penalty for them.  Just kidding - well kind of.  

“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain

 Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:43:25 -0400
 From: at...@optonline.net
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
 
 Diane R., not only are you pretty sure - you are absolutely correct!
 Not to mention what Mitt and Paul intend to do: Get rid of Planned
 Parenthood which screens women for cancer, has helped a friend of mine
 numerous times because she can't afford to go to a doctor; reverse Roe V.
 Wade, getting women killed in back alleys, adopt personhood which will
 make certain birth control illegal and criminal, overturn Obamacare but
 promises to keep pre-existing conditions clause (although it applies ONLY to
 people who have had long-time insurance, not for new applicants with
 pre-existing conditions!) and women will automatically be back at the status
 of having pre-existing conditions just because they're women,just to
 mention a few.
 An American friend is retired in Belgium and my husband just came back from
 Sweden - people there cannot believe that this is part of US politics! Even
 though many European countries are Catholic or of other religions, they do
 not meddle in people's bedrooms!
 
 -Original Message-
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
 Diane Rosenfeldt
 Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:23 PM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
 Um, I don't think the guy who was President the last 4 years caused ANY of
 the problems you mention. In fact, I know he didn't. I'm pretty sure in fact
 that his predecessor did, and the new person is from that same party and
 has that same agenda. We had the worst recession since 1929, and if you've
 read any American History, that catastrophe took almost 10 years to recover
 from, and that was with Congress more or less working together.
 
 Diane R.
 
 -Original Message-
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
 Lisa Conner
 Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:26 PM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: [Felvtalk] President
 
 Ok.. you are profiling and that is just plain wrong:) If we have the past
 4 yours as the next 4 years, there will be a mass revolt

Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President

2012-10-12 Thread dlgegg
I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN THE ELECTION IS OVER.  TIRED OF TV ADDS, PHONE CALLS AND 
BILLBOARDS.

 cindy reasoner reasoner37...@yahoo.com wrote: 
 I disagree. Please can we just end all the political talk.
  
 Cindy Reasoner
  
  
  
 --- On Wed, 10/10/12, GRAS g...@optonline.net wrote:
 
 
 From: GRAS g...@optonline.net
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 2:10 PM
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I must respectfully disagree, this wasn’t about bashing anyone– to state a 
 platform on which a candidate is running is just that – no one was calling 
 any candidate horrible names!
  
  
 
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of 
 cindy reasoner
 Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:19 PM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
  
 
 
 
 
 
 I don't post very often but had to put my 2 cents in on this topic.  I think 
 if more people would vote for the person they think would do the best job 
 instead of getting hung up on the party this country would be a heck of alot 
 better.  I have voted for Republicans and Democrats for President.  I don't 
 agree with getting on here and bashing another party.   I really don't think 
 this is the forum for politics.
 
  
 
  
 
 Cindy Reasoner
 
 --- On Wed, 10/10/12, Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com wrote:
 
 
 From: Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:52 AM
 
 
 
 I really think this discussion has turned to a Republican bashing session.  
 We Republicans disagree with almost everything you guys have said but there's 
 no point of getting into it because no amount of discussion will change your 
 mind.  And that's okay because that's what makes America great - we can 
 disagree without feeling the threat of reprisal.  It is interesting to hear 
 the Democratic views and what things you believe but some things are just not 
 true like the supposed war on women.  Mitt and Paul do not have the 
 complete authority to do some of the things mentioned and many Republicans 
 wouldn't go along with these kinds of things anyway.  But it's okay with me 
 if that's what you believe, I just don't think we can intelligently debate 
 all the facts when we are not in the inner circle.  I think we've worn the 
 topic out and nothing you guys have said will make me change my mind about 
 Obama and obviously I will never change your minds about
  Republicans so let's talk about something else like animal abusers and 
 trying to get the death penalty for them.  Just kidding - well kind of.  
 
 “I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
 profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
 unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
 sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain
 
  Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:43:25 -0400
  From: at...@optonline.net
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Subject: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
  
  Diane R., not only are you pretty sure - you are absolutely correct!
  Not to mention what Mitt and Paul intend to do: Get rid of Planned
  Parenthood which screens women for cancer, has helped a friend of mine
  numerous times because she can't afford to go to a doctor; reverse Roe V.
  Wade, getting women killed in back alleys, adopt personhood which will
  make certain birth control illegal and criminal, overturn Obamacare but
  promises to keep pre-existing conditions clause (although it applies ONLY to
  people who have had long-time insurance, not for new applicants with
  pre-existing conditions!) and women will automatically be back at the status
  of having pre-existing conditions just because they're women,just to
  mention a few.
  An American friend is retired in Belgium and my husband just came back from
  Sweden - people there cannot believe that this is part of US politics! Even
  though many European countries are Catholic or of other religions, they do
  not meddle in people's bedrooms!
  
  -Original Message-
  From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
  Diane Rosenfeldt
  Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:23 PM
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
  
  Um, I don't think the guy who was President the last 4 years caused ANY of
  the problems you mention. In fact, I know he didn't. I'm pretty sure in fact
  that his predecessor did, and the new person is from that same party and
  has that same agenda. We had the worst recession since 1929, and if you've
  read any American History, that catastrophe took almost 10 years to recover
  from, and that was with Congress more or less working together.
  
  Diane R.
  
  -Original Message-
  From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org

Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President

2012-10-11 Thread dlgegg
I agree.  As a wise person once said, We agree to disagree but not to kill 
each other over it,


 Maureen Olvey wrote:   I really think this discussion has turned to a 
Republican bashing session. We Republicans disagree with almost everything you 
guys have said but there's no point of getting into it because no amount of 
discussion will change your mind. And that's okay because that's what makes 
America great - we can disagree without feeling the threat of reprisal. It is 
interesting to hear the Democratic views and what things you believe but some 
things are just not true like the supposed war on women. Mitt and Paul do not 
have the complete authority to do some of the things mentioned and many 
Republicans wouldn't go along with these kinds of things anyway. But it's okay 
with me if that's what you believe, I just don't think we can intelligently 
debate all the facts when we are not in the inner circle. I think we've worn 
the topic out and nothing you guys have said will make me change my mind about 
Obama and obviously I will never change your minds about Republicans so let's 
talk about something else like animal abusers and trying to get the death 
penalty for them. Just kidding - well kind of.   “I am not interested to know 
whether vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or 
doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon unconsenting animals is the basis of 
my enmity toward it, and it is to me sufficient justification of the enmity 
without looking further.” – Mark TwainDate: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:43:25 
-0400   From: at...@optonline.net   To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org   
Subject: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President Diane R., not only are you 
pretty sure - you are absolutely correct!   Not to mention what Mitt and Paul 
intend to do: Get rid of Planned   Parenthood which screens women for cancer, 
has helped a friend of mine   numerous times because she can't afford to go 
to a doctor; reverse Roe V.   Wade, getting women killed in back alleys, 
adopt personhood which will   make certain birth control illegal and 
criminal, overturn Obamacare but   promises to keep pre-existing conditions 
clause (although it applies ONLY to   people who have had long-time 
insurance, not for new applicants with   pre-existing conditions!) and women 
will automatically be back at the status   of having pre-existing conditions 
just because they're women,just to   mention a few.   An American 
friend is retired in Belgium and my husband just came back from   Sweden - 
people there cannot believe that this is part of US politics! Even   though 
many European countries are Catholic or of other religions, they do   not 
meddle in people's bedrooms! -Original Message-   From: 
Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of   Diane 
Rosenfeldt   Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:23 PM   To: 
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org   Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President Um, I 
don't think the guy who was President the last 4 years caused ANY of   the 
problems you mention. In fact, I know he didn't. I'm pretty sure in fact   
that his predecessor did, and the new person is from that same party and   
has that same agenda. We had the worst recession since 1929, and if you've   
read any American History, that catastrophe took almost 10 years to recover   
from, and that was with Congress more or less working together. Diane 
R. -Original Message-   From: Felvtalk 
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of   Lisa Conner   
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:26 PM   To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org   
Subject: [Felvtalk] President Ok.. you are profiling and that is just 
plain wrong:) If we have the past   4 yours as the next 4 years, there will 
be a mass revolt.   Seriously, from mass job losses, no growth of our 
country, the division of   our country, we have to take a chance on a new 
person:) It can't get any   worse. That is my 2 cents! Now , back to 
our Felv + kitties. I am fairly new to this group and joined   because of 
losing my cat, Prancer. He lived for 9+ years, a very healthy   life. Then 
bang, like a whirlwind, we lost him. So my two questions to this   group is 
the following:   
___   Felvtalk mailing list   
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org   
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org  




___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President

2012-10-10 Thread Maureen Olvey

I really think this discussion has turned to a Republican bashing session.  We 
Republicans disagree with almost everything you guys have said but there's no 
point of getting into it because no amount of discussion will change your mind. 
 And that's okay because that's what makes America great - we can disagree 
without feeling the threat of reprisal.  It is interesting to hear the 
Democratic views and what things you believe but some things are just not true 
like the supposed war on women.  Mitt and Paul do not have the complete 
authority to do some of the things mentioned and many Republicans wouldn't go 
along with these kinds of things anyway.  But it's okay with me if that's what 
you believe, I just don't think we can intelligently debate all the facts when 
we are not in the inner circle.  I think we've worn the topic out and nothing 
you guys have said will make me change my mind about Obama and obviously I will 
never change your minds about Republicans so let's talk about something else 
like animal abusers and trying to get the death penalty for them.  Just kidding 
- well kind of.  

“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain

 Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:43:25 -0400
 From: at...@optonline.net
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: [Felvtalk] Off topic:   President
 
 Diane R., not only are you pretty sure - you are absolutely correct!
 Not to mention what Mitt and Paul intend to do: Get rid of Planned
 Parenthood which screens women for cancer, has helped a friend of mine
 numerous times because she can't afford to go to a doctor; reverse Roe V.
 Wade, getting women killed in back alleys, adopt personhood which will
 make certain birth control illegal and criminal, overturn Obamacare but
 promises to keep pre-existing conditions clause (although it applies ONLY to
 people who have had long-time insurance, not for new applicants with
 pre-existing conditions!) and women will automatically be back at the status
 of having pre-existing conditions just because they're women,just to
 mention a few.
 An American friend is retired in Belgium and my husband just came back from
 Sweden - people there cannot believe that this is part of US politics!  Even
 though many European countries are Catholic or of other religions, they do
 not meddle in people's bedrooms!
 
 -Original Message-
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
 Diane Rosenfeldt
 Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:23 PM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
 Um, I don't think the guy who was President the last 4 years caused ANY of
 the problems you mention. In fact, I know he didn't. I'm pretty sure in fact
 that his predecessor did, and the new person is from that same party and
 has that same agenda. We had the worst recession since 1929, and if you've
 read any American History, that catastrophe took almost 10 years to recover
 from, and that was with Congress more or less working together.
 
 Diane R.
 
 -Original Message-
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
 Lisa Conner
 Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:26 PM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: [Felvtalk] President
 
 Ok.. you are profiling and that is just plain wrong:)   If we have the past
 4 yours as the next 4 years,  there will be a mass revolt.
 Seriously, from mass job losses, no growth of our country,  the division of
 our country,  we have to take a chance on a new person:) It can't get any
 worse.  That is my 2 cents!
 
 Now , back to our Felv + kitties.  I am fairly new to this group and joined
 because of losing my cat, Prancer.  He lived for 9+ years, a very healthy
 life. Then bang, like a whirlwind, we lost him.  So my two questions to this
 group is the following:
 
 
 
 
 ___
 Felvtalk mailing list
 Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
  ___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President

2012-10-10 Thread Terri Brown
Thank you, Maureen.  You said it better than I would have. (And I want to 
publicly thank James the list owner for asking that this OT thread stop.)

I'm here for the critters -- even though I no longer have any FeLV+ cats.  I've 
been a member here since 1998.  I don't want to have to leave the list.

Terri B, Trenton, NJ

=^..^= Terri, Guinevere, Travis, Dori, Kimiko and 8 furangels: Ruthie, 
Samantha, 
Arielle, Gareth, Alec, Salome, Sammi and Siggie the Tomato Vampire 
=^..^=
  - Original Message - 
  From: Maureen Olveymailto:molvey...@hotmail.com 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:52 AM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President


  I really think this discussion has turned to a Republican bashing session.  
We Republicans disagree with almost everything you guys have said but there's 
no point of getting into it because no amount of discussion will change your 
mind.  And that's okay because that's what makes America great - we can 
disagree without feeling the threat of reprisal.  It is interesting to hear the 
Democratic views and what things you believe but some things are just not true 
like the supposed war on women.  Mitt and Paul do not have the complete 
authority to do some of the things mentioned and many Republicans wouldn't go 
along with these kinds of things anyway.  But it's okay with me if that's what 
you believe, I just don't think we can intelligently debate all the facts when 
we are not in the inner circle.  I think we've worn the topic out and nothing 
you guys have said will make me change my mind about Obama and obviously I will 
never change your minds about Republicans so let's talk about something else 
like animal abusers and trying to get the death penalty for them.  Just kidding 
- well kind of.  

  “I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain


   Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:43:25 -0400
   From: at...@optonline.net
   To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
   Subject: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
   
   Diane R., not only are you pretty sure - you are absolutely correct!
   Not to mention what Mitt and Paul intend to do: Get rid of Planned
   Parenthood which screens women for cancer, has helped a friend of mine
   numerous times because she can't afford to go to a doctor; reverse Roe V.
   Wade, getting women killed in back alleys, adopt personhood which will
   make certain birth control illegal and criminal, overturn Obamacare but
   promises to keep pre-existing conditions clause (although it applies ONLY to
   people who have had long-time insurance, not for new applicants with
   pre-existing conditions!) and women will automatically be back at the status
   of having pre-existing conditions just because they're women,just to
   mention a few.
   An American friend is retired in Belgium and my husband just came back from
   Sweden - people there cannot believe that this is part of US politics! Even
   though many European countries are Catholic or of other religions, they do
   not meddle in people's bedrooms!
   
   -Original Message-
   From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
   Diane Rosenfeldt
   Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:23 PM
   To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
   Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
   
   Um, I don't think the guy who was President the last 4 years caused ANY of
   the problems you mention. In fact, I know he didn't. I'm pretty sure in fact
   that his predecessor did, and the new person is from that same party and
   has that same agenda. We had the worst recession since 1929, and if you've
   read any American History, that catastrophe took almost 10 years to recover
   from, and that was with Congress more or less working together.
   
   Diane R.
   
   -Original Message-
   From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
   Lisa Conner
   Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:26 PM
   To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
   Subject: [Felvtalk] President
   
   Ok.. you are profiling and that is just plain wrong:) If we have the past
   4 yours as the next 4 years, there will be a mass revolt.
   Seriously, from mass job losses, no growth of our country, the division of
   our country, we have to take a chance on a new person:) It can't get any
   worse. That is my 2 cents!
   
   Now , back to our Felv + kitties. I am fairly new to this group and joined
   because of losing my cat, Prancer. He lived for 9+ years, a very healthy
   life. Then bang, like a whirlwind, we lost him. So my two questions to this
   group is the following:
   
   
   
   
   ___
   Felvtalk mailing

Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President

2012-10-10 Thread cindy reasoner
I don't post very often but had to put my 2 cents in on this topic.  I think if 
more people would vote for the person they think would do the best job instead 
of getting hung up on the party this country would be a heck of alot better.  I 
have voted for Republicans and Democrats for President.  I don't agree with 
getting on here and bashing another party.   I really don't think this is the 
forum for politics.
 
 
Cindy Reasoner

--- On Wed, 10/10/12, Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com wrote:


From: Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:52 AM






I really think this discussion has turned to a Republican bashing session.  We 
Republicans disagree with almost everything you guys have said but there's no 
point of getting into it because no amount of discussion will change your 
mind.  And that's okay because that's what makes America great - we can 
disagree without feeling the threat of reprisal.  It is interesting to hear the 
Democratic views and what things you believe but some things are just not true 
like the supposed war on women.  Mitt and Paul do not have the complete 
authority to do some of the things mentioned and many Republicans wouldn't go 
along with these kinds of things anyway.  But it's okay with me if that's what 
you believe, I just don't think we can intelligently debate all the facts when 
we are not in the inner circle.  I think we've worn the topic out and nothing 
you guys have said will make me change my mind about Obama and obviously I will 
never change your minds about
 Republicans so let's talk about something else like animal abusers and trying 
to get the death penalty for them.  Just kidding - well kind of.  

“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain



 Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:43:25 -0400
 From: at...@optonline.net
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
 
 Diane R., not only are you pretty sure - you are absolutely correct!
 Not to mention what Mitt and Paul intend to do: Get rid of Planned
 Parenthood which screens women for cancer, has helped a friend of mine
 numerous times because she can't afford to go to a doctor; reverse Roe V.
 Wade, getting women killed in back alleys, adopt personhood which will
 make certain birth control illegal and criminal, overturn Obamacare but
 promises to keep pre-existing conditions clause (although it applies ONLY to
 people who have had long-time insurance, not for new applicants with
 pre-existing conditions!) and women will automatically be back at the status
 of having pre-existing conditions just because they're women,just to
 mention a few.
 An American friend is retired in Belgium and my husband just came back from
 Sweden - people there cannot believe that this is part of US politics! Even
 though many European countries are Catholic or of other religions, they do
 not meddle in people's bedrooms!
 
 -Original Message-
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
 Diane Rosenfeldt
 Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:23 PM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
 Um, I don't think the guy who was President the last 4 years caused ANY of
 the problems you mention. In fact, I know he didn't. I'm pretty sure in fact
 that his predecessor did, and the new person is from that same party and
 has that same agenda. We had the worst recession since 1929, and if you've
 read any American History, that catastrophe took almost 10 years to recover
 from, and that was with Congress more or less working together.
 
 Diane R.
 
 -Original Message-
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
 Lisa Conner
 Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:26 PM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: [Felvtalk] President
 
 Ok.. you are profiling and that is just plain wrong:) If we have the past
 4 yours as the next 4 years, there will be a mass revolt.
 Seriously, from mass job losses, no growth of our country, the division of
 our country, we have to take a chance on a new person:) It can't get any
 worse. That is my 2 cents!
 
 Now , back to our Felv + kitties. I am fairly new to this group and joined
 because of losing my cat, Prancer. He lived for 9+ years, a very healthy
 life. Then bang, like a whirlwind, we lost him. So my two questions to this
 group is the following:
 
 
 
 
 ___
 Felvtalk mailing list
 Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

-Inline Attachment Follows

Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President

2012-10-10 Thread GRAS
I must respectfully disagree, this wasn’t about bashing anyone– to state a 
platform on which a candidate is running is just that – no one was calling any 
candidate horrible names!

 

 

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of cindy 
reasoner
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:19 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President

 


I don't post very often but had to put my 2 cents in on this topic.  I think if 
more people would vote for the person they think would do the best job instead 
of getting hung up on the party this country would be a heck of alot better.  I 
have voted for Republicans and Democrats for President.  I don't agree with 
getting on here and bashing another party.   I really don't think this is the 
forum for politics.

 

 

Cindy Reasoner

--- On Wed, 10/10/12, Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com wrote:


From: Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:52 AM

I really think this discussion has turned to a Republican bashing session.  We 
Republicans disagree with almost everything you guys have said but there's no 
point of getting into it because no amount of discussion will change your mind. 
 And that's okay because that's what makes America great - we can disagree 
without feeling the threat of reprisal.  It is interesting to hear the 
Democratic views and what things you believe but some things are just not true 
like the supposed war on women.  Mitt and Paul do not have the complete 
authority to do some of the things mentioned and many Republicans wouldn't go 
along with these kinds of things anyway.  But it's okay with me if that's what 
you believe, I just don't think we can intelligently debate all the facts when 
we are not in the inner circle.  I think we've worn the topic out and nothing 
you guys have said will make me change my mind about Obama and obviously I will 
never change your minds about Republicans so let's talk about something else 
like animal abusers and trying to get the death penalty for them.  Just kidding 
- well kind of.  

“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain

 Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:43:25 -0400
 From: at...@optonline.net
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
 
 Diane R., not only are you pretty sure - you are absolutely correct!
 Not to mention what Mitt and Paul intend to do: Get rid of Planned
 Parenthood which screens women for cancer, has helped a friend of mine
 numerous times because she can't afford to go to a doctor; reverse Roe V.
 Wade, getting women killed in back alleys, adopt personhood which will
 make certain birth control illegal and criminal, overturn Obamacare but
 promises to keep pre-existing conditions clause (although it applies ONLY to
 people who have had long-time insurance, not for new applicants with
 pre-existing conditions!) and women will automatically be back at the status
 of having pre-existing conditions just because they're women,just to
 mention a few.
 An American friend is retired in Belgium and my husband just came back from
 Sweden - people there cannot believe that this is part of US politics! Even
 though many European countries are Catholic or of other religions, they do
 not meddle in people's bedrooms!
 
 -Original Message-
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
 Diane Rosenfeldt
 Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:23 PM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
 Um, I don't think the guy who was President the last 4 years caused ANY of
 the problems you mention. In fact, I know he didn't. I'm pretty sure in fact
 that his predecessor did, and the new person is from that same party and
 has that same agenda. We had the worst recession since 1929, and if you've
 read any American History, that catastrophe took almost 10 years to recover
 from, and that was with Congress more or less working together.
 
 Diane R.
 
 -Original Message-
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
 Lisa Conner
 Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:26 PM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: [Felvtalk] President
 
 Ok.. you are profiling and that is just plain wrong:) If we have the past
 4 yours as the next 4 years, there will be a mass revolt.
 Seriously, from mass job losses, no growth of our country, the division of
 our country, we have to take a chance on a new person:) It can't get any
 worse. That is my 2 cents!
 
 Now , back to our Felv + kitties. I am fairly new to this group and joined
 because of losing my cat, Prancer. He lived

Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President

2012-10-10 Thread Maureen Olvey

But some of the statements about the platform itself were incorrect.  So the 
platform was presented unfairly in some cases and that can be very annoying 
too.  Maybe more so than actually bashing the candidate.  Not that you or 
anyone else intentionally said things about the platform which were incorrect.  
There are things I've heard about the Democratic platform that I'm sure aren't 
true so it does happen but it's hard to debate in this forum.  It would just 
generate a whole bunch of other discussions that wouldn't go 
anywhere because getting to the truth regarding politics just doesn't happen.  
Truth and politics are two words that should never be used in the same 
sentence.  Also, I worry that if a person with a FeLV + cat joined the group 
right this minute and heard all this talk about the Republican platform and 
he/she happened to be a Republican it would be hard for them to stay on the 
list and get information that might help the cat.  Just seems fruitless and 
possibly detrimental to continue the discussions.

“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain

Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:10:16 -0400
From: g...@optonline.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic:   President

I must respectfully disagree, this wasn’t about bashing anyone– to state a 
platform on which a candidate is running is just that – no one was calling any 
candidate horrible names!  From: Felvtalk 
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of cindy reasoner
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:19 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President I don't post very often but had to 
put my 2 cents in on this topic.  I think if more people would vote for the 
person they think would do the best job instead of getting hung up on the party 
this country would be a heck of alot better.  I have voted for Republicans and 
Democrats for President.  I don't agree with getting on here and bashing 
another party.   I really don't think this is the forum for politics.  Cindy 
Reasoner

--- On Wed, 10/10/12, Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com wrote:
From: Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:52 AMI really think this discussion has 
turned to a Republican bashing session.  We Republicans disagree with almost 
everything you guys have said but there's no point of getting into it because 
no amount of discussion will change your mind.  And that's okay because that's 
what makes America great - we can disagree without feeling the threat of 
reprisal.  It is interesting to hear the Democratic views and what things you 
believe but some things are just not true like the supposed war on women.  
Mitt and Paul do not have the complete authority to do some of the things 
mentioned and many Republicans wouldn't go along with these kinds of things 
anyway.  But it's okay with me if that's what you believe, I just don't think 
we can intelligently debate all the facts when we are not in the inner 
circle.  I think we've worn the topic out and nothing you guys have said will 
make me change my mind about Obama and obviously I will never change your minds 
about Republicans so let's talk about something else like animal abusers and 
trying to get the death penalty for them.  Just kidding - well kind of.  

“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain 
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 23:43:25 -0400
 From: at...@optonline.net
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: [Felvtalk] Off topic: President
 
 Diane R., not only are you pretty sure - you are absolutely correct!
 Not to mention what Mitt and Paul intend to do: Get rid of Planned
 Parenthood which screens women for cancer, has helped a friend of mine
 numerous times because she can't afford to go to a doctor; reverse Roe V.
 Wade, getting women killed in back alleys, adopt personhood which will
 make certain birth control illegal and criminal, overturn Obamacare but
 promises to keep pre-existing conditions clause (although it applies ONLY to
 people who have had long-time insurance, not for new applicants with
 pre-existing conditions!) and women will automatically be back at the status
 of having pre-existing conditions just because they're women,just to
 mention a few.
 An American friend is retired in Belgium and my husband just came back from
 Sweden - people there cannot believe that this is part of US