Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-09 Thread Diane Rosenfeldt
opinion.

?
Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty
neighbors too!





 From: Natalie at...@optonline.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 4:29 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] FW:  President
 

Actually very simple:? Romney?s dog on top of the car and Obama?s dog inside
the car.
?
From:Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Maureen Olvey
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 1:52 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
?
Without endorsing either candidate here's some thoughts I had on deciding
between the candidates:




--

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 11:37:23 -0500
From: dlg...@windstream.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Bow Hunting
Message-ID: 20121009123723.MMVM5.48570.root@pamxwww04-z01
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

I am in a rural area and they all think I am crazy because I have 7 cats and
think they have rights.  I don't think i could ever be a successful farmer
because I would have to kill the animals.  One look in their eyes and that
would be it for me.  These animals are raised to trust us for food and care
and then one day we kill them plus the treatment they get from some while
being raised for the slaughter is deploreable. At least when you meet a
lion, buffalo, sow with babies, you know what to expect and if you are
smart, you turn tail and run for shelter.  That is why I am not too keen on
4H.  They hand raise the animal, groom it and almost turn it into a pet and
then after the fair, it is sold to someone for slaughter.  A betrayal is
ever I saw one.
 


 Marcia marciabmar...@gmail.com wrote: 
 Good point Natalie. The way they are being reared is a huge problem. I
live in cattle country. I know that animals are only valued for dollars. I
hear a lot listening to farmers, I don't say anything, that way I learn more
about that mentality. I hugely detest gestation crates for pigs, who so do
not deserve that. I write my congressman, sign petitions and share all that
on FB. Because there are a ton of people out there that don't know where
their food came from!
 
 Sent from my iPhone
 
 On Oct 4, 2012, at 4:22 PM, Natalie at...@optonline.net wrote:
 
  Actually, people started eating meat when the Ice Age came, they had to
become hunters because they used to be mostly gatherers when the climate was
conducive, and I?m sure that occasionally, they would hunt, too.
  There are people who actually live on only raw foods, fruit.  Some of
the Hunzas manage to survive on just ?energy? ? not sure how that works,
mind over matter?  Actually, people in jungles could very easily be vegan
most of the time because of all the available fruit.
  
  As you may know, our intestines are extremely long, whereas true
carnivores? are very short. In a nutshell: Carnivores also have stronger
digestive acids and the food moves very quickly through the intestines, in
about 12 hrs.  Food can be inside our intestines, putrefying  as long as 36
hours, and with weaker digestive juices.
   
  If things go as they are on this planet, something will seriously have
to change ? rearing animals for food is not effective to feed the masses and
also destroys the planet in more ways than one.
  From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Joslin Potter
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:01 PM
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Bow Hunting
   
  That is pretty insane that they all had to die. BTW, I find it
interesting that now people are against eating plants, how do these people
live? What do they eat?  your right people are not going to stop eating
meat, people have been eating meat since the dark ages, Tribes that still
live in the jungles how would they survive? People who depend on the land
for food?
  ___
  Felvtalk mailing list
  Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org




--

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 11:43:38 -0500
From: dlg...@windstream.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Declaw
Message-ID: 20121009124338.EREF3.48613.root@pamxwww04-z01
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Folks around here laugh because I stop and move turtles across the road so
they won't get hit.  I even move snakes out of the way when working in the
garden.  Will admit that it is usually cool and they can't move too fast so
copperheads, rattlers and spread heads get moved to the other side of the
road out of harms way.I get frustrated with the raccoons because they can be
so destructive, but they are cute so they are still around with the possums,
deer, groundhog, squirrels and every other creature of the woods.  Got must
have made them for a purpose.  I have always had dogs and cats for pets,
even a ew chickens.


 Marcia

Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-06 Thread Natalie
Not really, you can always find out what's true or not: All you have to do
is check on either www.snopes.com (on any floating around rumors, even silly
ones), or www.factcheck.org - political, lots already to choose from, and if
you don't see what you need, write in the topic on top right, and search.
Natalie

-Original Message-
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 11:45 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

Problem is that there are so many rumors floating around in print and cyber
space that it makes it hard to discren the truth.


 Diane Rosenfeldt drosenfe...@wi.rr.com wrote: 
 We probably should not. But it is in fact true, although it got taken 
 off the table fairly early when the Dems realized it would never fly 
 in that political atmosphere. So what we have is a slight improvement 
 on the Republican health care plan.
 
  
 
 Diane R.
 
  
 
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf 
 Of Terri Brown
 Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 7:23 AM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
  
 
 This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.
 
 - Original Message -
 
 From: Lorrie mailto:felineres...@frontier.com
 
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 
 Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59 AM
 
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
  
 
 It is true.  
 
 On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
 I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but it's not true.
  
 Terri
  
 
 ___
 Felvtalk mailing list
 Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
 


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-06 Thread Christiane Biagi
And for any kind of info, I always try to go to the original links to read
the stuff for myself.  

-Original Message-
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Natalie
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2012 9:34 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
Importance: High

Not really, you can always find out what's true or not: All you have to do
is check on either www.snopes.com (on any floating around rumors, even silly
ones), or www.factcheck.org - political, lots already to choose from, and if
you don't see what you need, write in the topic on top right, and search.
Natalie

-Original Message-
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 11:45 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

Problem is that there are so many rumors floating around in print and cyber
space that it makes it hard to discren the truth.


 Diane Rosenfeldt drosenfe...@wi.rr.com wrote: 
 We probably should not. But it is in fact true, although it got taken 
 off the table fairly early when the Dems realized it would never fly 
 in that political atmosphere. So what we have is a slight improvement 
 on the Republican health care plan.
 
  
 
 Diane R.
 
  
 
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf 
 Of Terri Brown
 Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 7:23 AM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
  
 
 This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.
 
 - Original Message -
 
 From: Lorrie mailto:felineres...@frontier.com
 
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 
 Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59 AM
 
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
  
 
 It is true.  
 
 On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
 I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but it's not true.
  
 Terri
  
 
 ___
 Felvtalk mailing list
 Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
 


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread molveywda
Yep, both candidates are politicians and that already makes them suspect.  It 
seems time spent in a government leadership position tends to have a negative 
effect on all of them.  Plus most of what we hear about them and their policies 
is spin and the truth never fully comes out.  Hard to make a decision based on 
half truths and sound bites.  Sometimes it's like throwing darts in the dark.  
I'm not an economist so even if I had all the details of their plans I wouldn't 
understand it fully.   I'm with you, sometimes you just choose the lesser of 
two evils and hope for the best.  We vote and then we come home and take care 
of our wonderful furry children and enjoy their simplicity.  

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on ATT

- Reply message -
From: longhornf...@verizon.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] President
Date: Thu, Oct 4, 2012 3:09 pm


Thanks, Maureen. That was well stated  you made very valid points. Thanks for 
your opinion :). By the way, I don't care for either candidate. All politicians 
lie  I feel like I have to vote for the lesser of two evils, in my opinion.

Thanks again, Maureen!

L
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-Original Message-
From: Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com
Sender: Felvtalk felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 13:52:28 
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Reply-to: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread molveywda
Oh, sorry I haven't been involved with the list and FeLV kitties in a bit.  
I've lost several cats this year and haven't felt like dealing with more sad 
stories.  A couple of those cats I lost were strays that didn't live with me 
but it still broke my heart to lose them.  The last one I lost was a two year 
old that lived with me.  He was one of my special fur babies.  I didn't lose 
him to FeLV though.  It was cardiomyopathy and he went quicker than my FeLV 
kitties.  No way to save him because there were no symptoms until it was too 
late.   

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on ATT

- Reply message -
From: longhornf...@verizon.net
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] President
Date: Thu, Oct 4, 2012 3:09 pm


Thanks, Maureen. That was well stated  you made very valid points. Thanks for 
your opinion :). By the way, I don't care for either candidate. All politicians 
lie  I feel like I have to vote for the lesser of two evils, in my opinion.

Thanks again, Maureen!

L
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-Original Message-
From: Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com
Sender: Felvtalk felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 13:52:28 
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Reply-to: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread Lorrie
It is true.  

On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but it's not true.
 
Terri
 

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread Terri Brown
This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.
  - Original Message - 
  From: Lorriemailto:felineres...@frontier.com 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59 AM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President


  It is true.  

  On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
  I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but it's not true.
   
  Terri
   

  ___
  Felvtalk mailing list
  Felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.orghttp://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread Lee Evans
I've never been a list moderator or been a position to direct anything except 
to try to direct a bunch of cats to use the litter boxes.  However, let me just 
add a bit of wisdom or non-wisdom, however you want to view it.  Discussing 
politics and religion usually causes minor skirmishes and major wars on any 
list or even in a group around the dinner table.  We all have opinions.  If the 
opinions are about food, clothing, the color of the freshly painted house down 
the street, why the neighbor would ever buy a Chihuahua/Great Dane mix dog or 
anything but religion and politics, we state our opinion, have a chuckle 
sometimes, compliment each other for being able to put a few words together in 
a sentence and go on with the day.  But just start a thread in a group about 
politics in an election year and all h*** breaks loose.  Even if half the list 
is in agreement that one or another candidate is a total screw-up, the other 
half of the list goes bananas
 and defends their total screw-up to the last flaming word.  Unfortunately this 
is because most people don't use logic and research to pick a candidate.  So 
what you get is pure emotion. Other people know deep inside that they are 
supporting someone who isn't exactly wonderful but they are not going to vote 
for that OTHER PARTY because mom, dad, grandma, granddad never voted for that 
PARTY. It is my opinion that most elections are based on who can sell the 
product better and the prejudice of the voters for or against the actual 
person.  I don't mean color or ethnic group although that also comes into the 
mix.  What I mean is that no one even goes to check out the facts.  Like we are 
now having a problem with whether Romney strapped his dog carrier to the top of 
his car.  Or in the past, whether Mr. Obama was a citizen of the United States, 
or whether he was a secret Muslim. These are all smoke screens to keep people 
from thinking about real issues,
 like the price of food constantly going up, how much money  the oil companies 
are actually making when they raise the price of gas every time someone 
mentions Iran or Iraq or any other issue  important to our daily lives.  If I 
spend an hour doing a search on how many bills were passed by the candidates 
that benefited me or took away something for me, I would do much better as an 
informed voter than if I spent my time reading about Romney's dog or Obama's 
birth certificate.  This, I think, is why we get angry with someone who has an 
opinion that does not match ours.  We are not really solidly informed before we 
take the opinion in the first place.  Like standing on the edge of a cliff, 
afraid that someone will push us off and lying to ourselves that if we scream 
loud and long enough, we won't lose our balance.  Maybe we should just stick to 
cats and trade information on how to make their lives better and longer.


 
Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty neighbors 
too!





 From: Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2012 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 

 
This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.
- Original Message - 
From: Lorrie 
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59  AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

It is true.  

On 10-04, Terri Brown 
  wrote:
    I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but 
  it's not true.
 
    Terri
 

___
Felvtalk mailing 
  list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread Martha Walton
I have a cat question:  I just bought some Advantage flea drops and whew,
it's expensive.  I have 5 cats, one of which has a horrible flea-bite
allergy.  Usually I only have to use the drops in the summer months.  All
the cats get the drops.  Does anyone have any suggestions on cheaper flea
drop alternatives?  The cat with the flea-bite allergy is so sensitive, she
can't even get the drops every month, I have to space it out.
I saw on Amazon.com that there are other Advantage drops, one of which
includes cats  rabbits and it is a bit cheaper, packaged for Europe...has
anyone tried it?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Lee Evans moonsiste...@yahoo.com wrote:

 I've never been a list moderator or been a position to direct anything
 except to try to direct a bunch of cats to use the litter boxes.  However,
 let me just add a bit of wisdom or non-wisdom, however you want to view
 it.  Discussing politics and religion usually causes minor skirmishes and
 major wars on any list or even in a group around the dinner table.  We all
 have opinions.  If the opinions are about food, clothing, the color of the
 freshly painted house down the street, why the neighbor would ever buy a
 Chihuahua/Great Dane mix dog or anything but religion and politics, we
 state our opinion, have a chuckle sometimes, compliment each other for
 being able to put a few words together in a sentence and go on with the
 day.  But just start a thread in a group about politics in an election year
 and all h*** breaks loose.  Even if half the list is in agreement that one
 or another candidate is a total screw-up, the other half of the list goes
 bananas and defends their total screw-up to the last flaming word.
 Unfortunately this is because most people don't use logic and research to
 pick a candidate.  So what you get is pure emotion. Other people know deep
 inside that they are supporting someone who isn't exactly wonderful but
 they are not going to vote for that OTHER PARTY because mom, dad, grandma,
 granddad never voted for that PARTY. It is my opinion that most elections
 are based on who can sell the product better and the prejudice of the
 voters for or against the actual person.  I don't mean color or ethnic
 group although that also comes into the mix.  What I mean is that no one
 even goes to check out the facts.  Like we are now having a problem with
 whether Romney strapped his dog carrier to the top of his car.  Or in the
 past, whether Mr. Obama was a citizen of the United States, or whether he
 was a secret Muslim. These are all smoke screens to keep people from
 thinking about real issues, like the price of food constantly going up, how
 much money  the oil companies are actually making when they raise the price
 of gas every time someone mentions Iran or Iraq or any other issue
 important to our daily lives.  If I spend an hour doing a search on how
 many bills were passed by the candidates that benefited me or took away
 something for me, I would do much better as an informed voter than if I
 spent my time reading about Romney's dog or Obama's birth certificate.
 This, I think, is why we get angry with someone who has an opinion that
 does not match ours.  We are not really solidly informed before we take the
 opinion in the first place.  Like standing on the edge of a cliff, afraid
 that someone will push us off and lying to ourselves that if we scream loud
 and long enough, we won't lose our balance.  Maybe we should just stick to
 cats and trade information on how to make their lives better and longer.


 Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty
 neighbors too!


   --
 *From:* Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.com
 *To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 *Sent:* Friday, October 5, 2012 7:22 AM
 *Subject:* Re: [Felvtalk] President

  This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.

 - Original Message -
 *From:* Lorrie felineres...@frontier.com
 *To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 *Sent:* Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59 AM
 *Subject:* Re: [Felvtalk] President

 It is true.

 On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
 I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but it's not true.
 
 Terri
 

 ___
 Felvtalk mailing list
 Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


 ___
 Felvtalk mailing list
 Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org



 ___
 Felvtalk mailing list
 Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread Lee Evans
What I do is buy the Large Dog size Frontline Plus and break it into 0.05 
doses.  Each tube that would treat one dog, treats seven cats.  Since I have a 
lot of cats, I buy the 6 pack, which costs me about $60 at Costco.  I can treat 
42 cats.  It breaks down to about $1.45 a cat.  However, if you don't have a 
quantity of cats, you could buy the 3 pack.  I think it's about $32.  Each tube 
treats 7 cats.  I think another Yahoo list, feral_c...@yahoogroups.com has 
the information on how to dose out Frontline, Advantage and Revolution from the 
Large Dog size. Join and look in Files.


 
Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty neighbors 
too!





 From: Martha Walton marthawal...@gmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2012 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 

I have a cat question:  I just bought some Advantage flea drops and whew, it's 
expensive.  I have 5 cats, one of which has a horrible flea-bite allergy.  
Usually I only have to use the drops in the summer months.  All the cats get 
the drops.  Does anyone have any suggestions on cheaper flea drop 
alternatives?  The cat with the flea-bite allergy is so sensitive, she can't 
even get the drops every month, I have to space it out.
I saw on Amazon.com that there are other Advantage drops, one of which includes 
cats  rabbits and it is a bit cheaper, packaged for Europe...has anyone tried 
it?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Lee Evans moonsiste...@yahoo.com wrote:

I've never been a list moderator or been a position to direct anything except 
to try to direct a bunch of cats to use the litter boxes.  However, let me just 
add a bit of wisdom or non-wisdom, however you want to view it.  Discussing 
politics and religion usually causes minor skirmishes and major wars on any 
list or even in a group around the dinner table.  We all have opinions.  If the 
opinions are about food, clothing, the color of the freshly painted house down 
the street, why the neighbor would ever buy a Chihuahua/Great Dane mix dog or 
anything but religion and politics, we state our opinion, have a chuckle 
sometimes, compliment each other for being able to put a few words together in 
a sentence and go on with the day.  But just start a thread in a group about 
politics in an election year and all h*** breaks loose.  Even if half the list 
is in agreement that one or another candidate is a total screw-up, the other 
half of the list goes bananas
 and defends their total screw-up to the last flaming word.  Unfortunately this 
is because most people don't use logic and research to pick a candidate.  So 
what you get is pure emotion. Other people know deep inside that they are 
supporting someone who isn't exactly wonderful but they are not going to vote 
for that OTHER PARTY because mom, dad, grandma, granddad never voted for that 
PARTY. It is my opinion that most elections are based on who can sell the 
product better and the prejudice of the voters for or against the actual 
person.  I don't mean color or ethnic group although that also comes into the 
mix.  What I mean is that no one even goes to check out the facts.  Like we are 
now having a problem with whether Romney strapped his dog carrier to the top of 
his car.  Or in the past, whether Mr. Obama was a citizen of the United States, 
or whether he was a secret Muslim. These are all smoke screens to keep people 
from thinking about real issues,
 like the price of food constantly going up, how much money  the oil companies 
are actually making when they raise the price of gas every time someone 
mentions Iran or Iraq or any other issue  important to our daily lives.  If I 
spend an hour doing a search on how many bills were passed by the candidates 
that benefited me or took away something for me, I would do much better as an 
informed voter than if I spent my time reading about Romney's dog or Obama's 
birth certificate.  This, I think, is why we get angry with someone who has an 
opinion that does not match ours.  We are not really solidly informed before we 
take the opinion in the first place.  Like standing on the edge of a cliff, 
afraid that someone will push us off and lying to ourselves that if we scream 
loud and long enough, we won't lose our balance.  Maybe we should just stick to 
cats and trade information on how to make their lives better and longer.



 
Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty 
neighbors too!






 From: Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2012 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 

This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.
- Original Message - 
From: Lorrie 
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59  AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

It is true

Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread Edna Taylor

All very valid points.  Maybe I am one of those weird folks who just doesn't 
get angry or upset if someone votes a different way.  I guess that is why I 
always thought it was odd that people get so mad about politics or religion, 
cause I just don't care one way or the other ;) Also, any suggestions on making 
SuzieQ's last days comfortable (I posted about her yesterday, 2-3 year old, 
cancer, no cure, caused from exposure to FeLuk even though she was able to shed 
the virus, etc.)
 Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 09:16:13 -0700
From: moonsiste...@yahoo.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

I've never been a list moderator or been a position to direct anything except 
to try to direct a bunch of cats to use the litter boxes.  However, let me just 
add a bit of wisdom or non-wisdom, however you want to view it.  Discussing 
politics and religion usually causes minor skirmishes and major wars on any 
list or even in a group around the dinner table.  We all have opinions.  If the 
opinions are about food, clothing, the color of the freshly painted house down 
the street, why the neighbor would ever buy a Chihuahua/Great Dane mix dog or 
anything but religion and politics, we state our opinion, have a chuckle 
sometimes, compliment each other for being able to put a few words together in 
a sentence and go on with the day.  But just start a thread in a group about 
politics in an election year and all
 h*** breaks loose.  Even if half the list is in agreement that one or another 
candidate is a total screw-up, the other half of the list goes bananas and 
defends their total screw-up to the last flaming word.  Unfortunately this is 
because most people don't use logic and research to pick a candidate.  So what 
you get is pure emotion. Other people know deep inside that they are supporting 
someone who isn't exactly wonderful but they are not going to vote for that 
OTHER PARTY because mom, dad, grandma, granddad never voted for that PARTY. It 
is my opinion that most elections are based on who can sell the product better 
and the prejudice of the voters for or against the actual person.  I don't mean 
color or ethnic group although that also comes into the mix.  What I mean is 
that no one even goes to check out the facts.  Like we are now having a problem 
with whether Romney strapped his dog carrier to the top of his car.  Or
 in the past, whether Mr. Obama was a citizen of the United States, or whether 
he was a secret Muslim. These are all smoke screens to keep people from 
thinking about real issues, like the price of food constantly going up, how 
much money  the oil companies are actually making when they raise the price of 
gas every time someone mentions Iran or Iraq or any other issue  important to 
our daily lives.  If I spend an hour doing a search on how many bills were 
passed by the candidates that benefited me or took away something for me, I 
would do much better as an informed voter than if I spent my time reading about 
Romney's dog or Obama's birth certificate.  This, I think, is why we get angry 
with someone who has an opinion that does not match ours.  We are not really 
solidly informed before we take the opinion in the first place.  Like standing 
on the edge of a cliff, afraid that someone will push us off and lying to 
ourselves that
 if we scream loud and long enough, we won't lose our balance.  Maybe we should 
just stick to cats and trade information on how to make their lives better and 
longer.

 Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty 
neighbors too!


From: Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.com
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
 Sent: Friday, October 5, 2012 7:22 AM
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
   


 


 


This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.

  - Original Message - 
  From: Lorrie 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  
  Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59 
  AM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
  
It is true.  

On 10-04, Terri Brown 
  wrote:
I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but 
  it's not true.
 
Terri
 
  

___
Felvtalk mailing 
  list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org



___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org  
  ___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread Diane Rosenfeldt
We probably should not. But it is in fact true, although it got taken off
the table fairly early when the Dems realized it would never fly in that
political atmosphere. So what we have is a slight improvement on the
Republican health care plan.

 

Diane R.

 

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Terri Brown
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 7:23 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

 

This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.

- Original Message - 

From: Lorrie mailto:felineres...@frontier.com  

To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59 AM

Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

 

It is true.  

On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but it's not true.
 
Terri
 

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread dlgegg
Problem is that there are so many rumors floating around in print and cyber 
space that it makes it hard to discren the truth.


 Diane Rosenfeldt drosenfe...@wi.rr.com wrote: 
 We probably should not. But it is in fact true, although it got taken off
 the table fairly early when the Dems realized it would never fly in that
 political atmosphere. So what we have is a slight improvement on the
 Republican health care plan.
 
  
 
 Diane R.
 
  
 
 From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
 Terri Brown
 Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 7:23 AM
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
  
 
 This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.
 
 - Original Message - 
 
 From: Lorrie mailto:felineres...@frontier.com  
 
 To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
 
 Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59 AM
 
 Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 
  
 
 It is true.  
 
 On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
 I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but it's not true.
  
 Terri
  
 
 ___
 Felvtalk mailing list
 Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
 


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-05 Thread dlgegg
You sound like an intelligent person.  You are right.  I know people in my 
community who vote democrate or repoublican just because everyone in their 
family has always voted that way.  They never stop to ask themselves if the 
candidate is right or wrong.  I go for the guy who sees things as I do, don't 
care about party, etc.  Besides, both parties have had a hand in messing things 
up so no one can really point the finger of blame on the other.


 Lee Evans moonsiste...@yahoo.com wrote: 
 I've never been a list moderator or been a position to direct anything except 
 to try to direct a bunch of cats to use the litter boxes.  However, let me 
 just add a bit of wisdom or non-wisdom, however you want to view it.  
 Discussing politics and religion usually causes minor skirmishes and major 
 wars on any list or even in a group around the dinner table.  We all have 
 opinions.  If the opinions are about food, clothing, the color of the freshly 
 painted house down the street, why the neighbor would ever buy a 
 Chihuahua/Great Dane mix dog or anything but religion and politics, we state 
 our opinion, have a chuckle sometimes, compliment each other for being able 
 to put a few words together in a sentence and go on with the day.  But just 
 start a thread in a group about politics in an election year and all h*** 
 breaks loose.  Even if half the list is in agreement that one or another 
 candidate is a total screw-up, the other half of the list goes bananas
  and defends their total screw-up to the last flaming word.  Unfortunately 
 this is because most people don't use logic and research to pick a 
 candidate.  So what you get is pure emotion. Other people know deep inside 
 that they are supporting someone who isn't exactly wonderful but they are not 
 going to vote for that OTHER PARTY because mom, dad, grandma, granddad never 
 voted for that PARTY. It is my opinion that most elections are based on who 
 can sell the product better and the prejudice of the voters for or against 
 the actual person.  I don't mean color or ethnic group although that also 
 comes into the mix.  What I mean is that no one even goes to check out the 
 facts.  Like we are now having a problem with whether Romney strapped his dog 
 carrier to the top of his car.  Or in the past, whether Mr. Obama was a 
 citizen of the United States, or whether he was a secret Muslim. These are 
 all smoke screens to keep people from thinking about real issues,
  like the price of food constantly going up, how much money  the oil 
 companies are actually making when they raise the price of gas every time 
 someone mentions Iran or Iraq or any other issue  important to our daily 
 lives.  If I spend an hour doing a search on how many bills were passed by 
 the candidates that benefited me or took away something for me, I would do 
 much better as an informed voter than if I spent my time reading about 
 Romney's dog or Obama's birth certificate.  This, I think, is why we get 
 angry with someone who has an opinion that does not match ours.  We are not 
 really solidly informed before we take the opinion in the first place.  Like 
 standing on the edge of a cliff, afraid that someone will push us off and 
 lying to ourselves that if we scream loud and long enough, we won't lose our 
 balance.  Maybe we should just stick to cats and trade information on how to 
 make their lives better and longer.


 
Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty neighbors 
too!





 From: Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2012 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
 

 
This is why I don't think we should be discussing this on this list.
- Original Message - 
From: Lorrie 
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59  AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

It is true.  

On 10-04, Terri Brown 
  wrote:
    I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but 
  it's not true.
 
    Terri
 

___
Felvtalk mailing 
  list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Terri Brown
I think this topic should be off limits here.

Terri
  - Original Message - 
  From: Joslin Pottermailto:joslinir...@yahoo.com 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49 AM
  Subject: [Felvtalk] President


  Hey guys not to get off from subject but I was interested in what everyone 
thinks about the Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one should 
choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for nearly every animal 
protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says he will work with 
executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture to make their 
policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However Mitt Romeny  has 
made no clear statements or policies on animal issues. Reports also show that 
Romney has received thousands in campaign donations from the HSUS. However, he 
has done a few things in his state for better laws in reference to animal 
cruilty. 
  ___
  Felvtalk mailing list
  Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Joslin Potter
Sorry Terri I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just curious I'm so confused 
on who to vote for, and everyone is saying something different. 

 


 From: Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
  

  
I think this topic should be off limits here. 

Terri 
- Original Message -  
From: Joslin  Potter  
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org  
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49  AM 
Subject: [Felvtalk] President 

 
Hey guys not to get off  from subject butI was interested in what everyone 
thinks about  the Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one  should 
choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for  nearly every animal 
protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says he  will work with 
executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture  to make their 
policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However  Mitt Romeny  
has made no clear statements or policies on animal issues.  Reports also show 
that Romney has received thousands in campaign donations  from the HSUS. 
However, he has done a few things in his state for better laws  in reference 
to animal cruilty. ___
Felvtalk 
  mailing 
  list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
 
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Terri Brown
I just think that there are too many varied opinions to discuss politics here.  
That's all.  There is a risk of causing offense -- we are all so very different 
people, and not all of us believe the same things.

I think that the best thing to do is to read both candidate's platform.  Decide 
which one best reflects your own personal beliefs and then vote for that person.

Off my soapbox now.

T
  - Original Message - 
  From: Joslin Pottermailto:joslinir...@yahoo.com 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:59 AM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President


  Sorry Terri I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just curious I'm so 
confused on who to vote for, and everyone is saying something different. 


  From: Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.commailto:siggies...@hotmail.com
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:51 AM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President



  I think this topic should be off limits here.

  Terri
- Original Message - 
From: Joslin Pottermailto:joslinir...@yahoo.com 
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49 AM
Subject: [Felvtalk] President


Hey guys not to get off from subject but I was interested in what everyone 
thinks about the Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one should 
choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for nearly every animal 
protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says he will work with 
executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture to make their 
policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However Mitt Romeny  has 
made no clear statements or policies on animal issues. Reports also show that 
Romney has received thousands in campaign donations from the HSUS. However, he 
has done a few things in his state for better laws in reference to animal 
cruilty. 
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


  ___
  Felvtalk mailing list
  Felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.orghttp://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org



  ___
  Felvtalk mailing list
  Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Edna Taylor

Why is that?  I believe that people can have different opinions yet still be 
friends and get along and discuss their differences nicely.   I am liberal in 
some things but conservative in others, I do not vote based on party 
affiliation, I vote based on what that one particular candidate has to offer.  
Sometimes I vote Democrat, sometimes I vote Republican, it all depends on the 
issues at hand.
 From: siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:51:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President









I think this topic should be off limits here.
 
Terri

  - Original Message - 
  From: Joslin 
  Potter 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49 
  AM
  Subject: [Felvtalk] President
  

  
  Hey guys not to get off 
  from subject but I was interested in what everyone thinks about 
  the Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one 
  should choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for 
  nearly every animal protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says 
he 
  will work with executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture 
  to make their policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However 
  Mitt Romeny  has made no clear statements or policies on animal issues. 
  Reports also show that Romney has received thousands in campaign donations 
  from the HSUS. However, he has done a few things in his state for better laws 
  in reference to animal cruilty. 
  ___
Felvtalk 
  mailing 
  list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org  
  ___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Terri Brown
I've had family members BASH me for my beliefs.  So I prefer not to discuss 
politics, especially with people who don't really know me.

T
  - Original Message - 
  From: Edna Taylormailto:taylore...@msn.com 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:21 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President


  Why is that?  I believe that people can have different opinions yet still be 
friends and get along and discuss their differences nicely.   I am liberal in 
some things but conservative in others, I do not vote based on party 
affiliation, I vote based on what that one particular candidate has to offer.  
Sometimes I vote Democrat, sometimes I vote Republican, it all depends on the 
issues at hand.
   


--
  From: siggies...@hotmail.com
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:51:25 -0400
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President


  I think this topic should be off limits here.

  Terri
- Original Message - 
From: Joslin Pottermailto:joslinir...@yahoo.com 
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49 AM
Subject: [Felvtalk] President


Hey guys not to get off from subject but I was interested in what everyone 
thinks about the Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one should 
choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for nearly every animal 
protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says he will work with 
executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture to make their 
policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However Mitt Romeny  has 
made no clear statements or policies on animal issues. Reports also show that 
Romney has received thousands in campaign donations from the HSUS. However, he 
has done a few things in his state for better laws in reference to animal 
cruilty. 
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


  ___ Felvtalk mailing list 
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
  ___
  Felvtalk mailing list
  Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Joslin Potter
I'm sorry to hear that, I've been taking it from people on facebook as I am 
just trying to understand what each of them is for. For me it's healthcare, 
that is what intrests me the most however, when it comes to people like Mike 
Vick, there need to be better laws put into place, i just wondered how everyone 
else felt, no judgement from me. Like i told a friend, we hall have and know 
something someone else might not. 

 


 From: Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
  

  
I've had family members BASH me for my beliefs.  So I prefer not to 
discuss politics, especially with people who don't really know me. 

T 
- Original Message -  
From: Edna Taylor  
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org  
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:21  PM 
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President 

 
Why is that?  I believe that people can have different  opinions yet still 
be friends and get along and discuss their  differences nicely.   I am liberal 
in some things but  conservative in others, I do not vote based on party 
affiliation, I vote based  on what that one particular candidate has to 
offer.  Sometimes I  vote Democrat, sometimes I vote Republican, it all 
depends on the issues  at hand.
 

 



From: siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 
  4 Oct 2012 10:51:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

 
I think this topic should be off limits here. 

Terri 
-  Original Message -  
From: Joslin Potter  
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org  
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49 AM 
Subject: [Felvtalk] President 

 
Hey guys not to get  off from subject but I was interested in what everyone 
thinks about the  Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one should  
choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for nearly every animal  
protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says he will work with  
executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture to make their  
policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However Mitt  Romeny  
has made no clear statements or policies on animal issues.  Reports also show 
that Romney has received thousands in campaign donations  from the HSUS. 
However, he has done a few things in his state for better  laws in reference 
to animal cruilty. ___
Felvtalk 
mailing 
list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

___ 
  Felvtalk mailing list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org___
Felvtalk 
  mailing 
  list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
 
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Terri Brown
True enough.
  - Original Message - 
  From: Edna Taylormailto:taylore...@msn.com 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President


  I would never bash someone for their beliefs because they are YOUR beliefs 
and I respect that.  Us cat people have to stick together whether we agree on 
candidates or not because most of the world thinks we are crazy anyway :)
   


--
  From: siggies...@hotmail.commailto:siggies...@hotmail.com
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:24:44 -0400
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President


  I've had family members BASH me for my beliefs.  So I prefer not to discuss 
politics, especially with people who don't really know me.

  T
- Original Message - 
From: Edna Taylormailto:taylore...@msn.com 
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President


Why is that?  I believe that people can have different opinions yet still 
be friends and get along and discuss their differences nicely.   I am liberal 
in some things but conservative in others, I do not vote based on party 
affiliation, I vote based on what that one particular candidate has to offer.  
Sometimes I vote Democrat, sometimes I vote Republican, it all depends on the 
issues at hand.
 



From: siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:51:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President


I think this topic should be off limits here.

Terri
  - Original Message - 
  From: Joslin Pottermailto:joslinir...@yahoo.com 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49 AM
  Subject: [Felvtalk] President


  Hey guys not to get off from subject but I was interested in what 
everyone thinks about the Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one 
should choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for nearly every animal 
protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says he will work with 
executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture to make their 
policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However Mitt Romeny  has 
made no clear statements or policies on animal issues. Reports also show that 
Romney has received thousands in campaign donations from the HSUS. However, he 
has done a few things in his state for better laws in reference to animal 
cruilty. 
  ___
  Felvtalk mailing list
  Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___ Felvtalk mailing list 
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


  ___ Felvtalk mailing list 
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
  ___
  Felvtalk mailing list
  Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Joslin Potter
I agree. I know that we are all from different states and backgrounds, that is 
why i am curious i know what it is like hear in Michigan... I would never judge 
anyone... 
  


 From: Edna Taylor taylore...@msn.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
  

 
I would never bash someone for their beliefs because they are YOUR beliefs and 
I respect that.  Us cat people have to stick together whether we agree on 
candidates or not because most of the world thinks we are crazy anyway :)
 



From: siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:24:44 -0400
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

 
I've had family members BASH me for my beliefs.  So I prefer not to 
discuss politics, especially with people who don't really know me. 

T 
- Original Message -  
From: Edna Taylor  
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org  
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:21  PM 
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President 

 
Why is that?  I believe that people can have different  opinions yet still 
be friends and get along and discuss their  differences nicely.   I am liberal 
in some things but  conservative in others, I do not vote based on party 
affiliation, I vote based  on what that one particular candidate has to 
offer.  Sometimes I  vote Democrat, sometimes I vote Republican, it all 
depends on the issues  at hand.
 

 



From: siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 
  4 Oct 2012 10:51:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

 
I think this topic should be off limits here. 

Terri 
-  Original Message -  
From: Joslin Potter  
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org  
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49 AM 
Subject: [Felvtalk] President 

 
Hey guys not to get  off from subject but I was interested in what everyone 
thinks about the  Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one should  
choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for nearly every animal  
protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says he will work with  
executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture to make their  
policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However Mitt  Romeny  
has made no clear statements or policies on animal issues.  Reports also show 
that Romney has received thousands in campaign donations  from the HSUS. 
However, he has done a few things in his state for better  laws in reference 
to animal cruilty. ___
Felvtalk 
mailing 
list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

___ 
  Felvtalk mailing list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org___
Felvtalk 
  mailing 
  list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
 
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org  
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Edna Taylor

Thanks for sharing that with us because I have wondered how someone in the 
healthcare industry felt about it.   Speaking from the perspective of someone 
whose husband lost his job 3 days before Christmas in 2008 and all of the 
promises made by the current administration to help with mortgages, 
healthcare, etc., I'm not seeing it, nor were we helped in any size, shape or 
fashion.   With regards to healthcare, we were told that because I had a full 
time job, I could (in a nutshell) s*ck it up and pay out an additional $500 a 
month to cover my husband and his son on my company's insurance plan until he 
found a job. We were also told that we had too much equity in our home so we 
didn't qualify for any mortgage assistance and in the end, I simply borrowed 
from his and my 401K and we just made ends meet until 15 months later he found 
full time employment. So, who is the better candidate?  I really don't know  :( 
Oh and to keep on track with kitty discussions for this group and speaking of 
FeLuk, one of our kitties that we thought was feral but ended up not being 
feral, so we brought her inside was diagnosed with a rapidly advancing cancer a 
few weeks ago and she is only about 2-3 years old.  The doctor said that the 
type of cancer she has indicates that she was exposed to FeLuk as a kitten but 
managed to shed the virus since she does not have it.  Unfortunately, it did 
its damage anyway :(  SuzieQ has maybe a month to live so we are making her 
comfortable and loving on her until she lets us know that she is ready to cross 
over :(
 From: siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:33:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President







Well, I have a different take on the whole healthcare thing because I work 
for a health insurance company.  I understand how the business works.  
That being said, there are good things about the Obamacare, but there are 
some 
things that are NOT.  So I disagree that it should stand as it is.  It 
needs to be replaced.  My opinion.  I cannot speak on behalf of my 
employer.
 
Terri

  - Original Message - 
  From: Joslin 
  Potter 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:29 
  PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
  

  
  I'm sorry to hear that, I've been taking it from people on facebook 
  as I am just trying to understand what each of them is for. For me it's 
  healthcare, that is what intrests me the most however, when it comes to 
people 
  like Mike Vick, there need to be better laws put into place, i just wondered 
  how everyone else felt, no judgement from me. Like i told a friend, we hall 
  have and know something someone else might not. 
  

  
  
  
  From: Terri Brown 
  siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 
  2012 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: 
  [Felvtalk] President


  
  
  

  
  
  I've had family members BASH me for my beliefs.  So I prefer not to 
  discuss politics, especially with people who don't really know me.
   
  T
  
- 
Original Message - 
From: 
Edna 
Taylor 
To: 
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 

Sent: 
Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:21 PM
Subject: 
Re: [Felvtalk] President


Why is that?  I believe that people can have different 
opinions yet still be friends and get along and discuss their 
differences nicely.   I am liberal in some things but 
conservative in others, I do not vote based on party affiliation, I vote 
based on what that one particular candidate has to offer.  
Sometimes I vote Democrat, sometimes I vote Republican, it all depends 
on the issues at hand.
 



From: 
siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 4 
Oct 2012 10:51:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President





I think this topic should be off limits here.
 
Terri

  - 
  Original Message - 
  From: 
  Joslin 
  Potter 
  To: 
  felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  
  Sent: 
  Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49 AM
  Subject: 
  [Felvtalk] President
  

  
  Hey guys not to get 
  off from subject but I was interested in what everyone thinks about the 
  Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one 
  should choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for nearly every 
  animal protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says he will 
  work with executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture 
to 
  make their policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However 
  Mitt Romeny  has made no clear statements or policies on animal 
  issues. Reports also show that Romney has received thousands in campaign 
  donations from the HSUS. However, he has done a few things in his state 
  for better laws in reference to animal cruilty

Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Maureen Olvey

Without endorsing either candidate here's some thoughts I had on deciding 
between the candidates: I don't think either candidate will directly influence 
animal cruelty laws or humane practice laws.  They've got too much else to 
worry about, especially right now.  Even if they love animals it will not be 
their priority.  So, for this particular election I'm not even considering it.  
Now obviously if the candidate was a known animal abuser that would be 
different and would impact my decision.   When it comes to animal issues I tend 
to focus on the legislative branch like Congress and state reps, etc. that 
would have more influence passing legislation and laws. So, regarding animal 
welfare I'm basing my decision on who can best help me and other people help 
the animals and continue our work in animal welfare.  It's not what they will 
do, it's what they will allow me to do.  Right now the economy is a problem.  
People are losing their homes and can't keep their pets.  Donations to animal 
welfare organizations are down so they can't do as much either.  Many people 
like myself feed a bunch of feral cats.  It is hard to keep doing that when you 
can barely afford to feed your family.  I volunteer with a local humane society 
so even in our small part of the world I've seen a major increase in the number 
of pets surrendered by owners who lost their homes or just left their pets 
behind.   People have to spend more time trying to make ends meet and don't 
have time to volunteer with animal rescues etc.  Just lots of things like that. 
  Considering those kinds of things I'm looking at who can help the economy the 
most.  Each candidate has very different economic policies and very different 
approaches to boosting our economy.  So that's one thing I'm looking at hard - 
which economic policy do I think will work.  I lived in a third world country 
for two years a long time ago.  Their animals were a lot worse off than ours 
and it wasn't because the people weren't compassionate they just didn't have 
anything to be able to help their animals.  So right now I'm looking at which 
economic plan will help the country get back on it's feet so we can keep our 
pets and have time to donate and volunteer to fight for animal protection 
legislation. Healthcare is definitely something to consider but that's also 
part of the economic crisis so I'm not going to directly contribute any 
thoughts on that.   I would suggest not looking at just what the candidates say 
they will do for the animals but look at what will help us do for the animals.  
They've got too many other issues to tackle.  I'd be surprised if either one of 
them took up one animal issue whatsoever.  It's people like us who are working 
for the animals that make the difference so see what they can do for us and 
we'll do all the legwork to help the animals.  Take a look at the economic 
plans and that will help influence your decision.  I had a few basic economic 
courses in college so I understand the basics but not all the details.  I think 
if you just look at the basic models without going into too too many details it 
would be enough to make a decision. But hey, there's lots of other things to 
consider but that's where I'm at when I think about what will help the animals 
the most.
“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain
 From: taylore...@msn.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:44:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President





Thanks for sharing that with us because I have wondered how someone in the 
healthcare industry felt about it.  
 
Speaking from the perspective of someone whose husband lost his job 3 days 
before Christmas in 2008 and all of the promises made by the current 
administration to help with mortgages, healthcare, etc., I'm not seeing it, nor 
were we helped in any size, shape or fashion.   With regards to healthcare, we 
were told that because I had a full time job, I could (in a nutshell) s*ck it 
up and pay out an additional $500 a month to cover my husband and his son on my 
company's insurance plan until he found a job. We were also told that we had 
too much equity in our home so we didn't qualify for any mortgage assistance 
and in the end, I simply borrowed from his and my 401K and we just made ends 
meet until 15 months later he found full time employment.
 
So, who is the better candidate?  I really don't know  :(
 
Oh and to keep on track with kitty discussions for this group and speaking of 
FeLuk, one of our kitties that we thought was feral but ended up not being 
feral, so we brought her inside was diagnosed with a rapidly advancing cancer a 
few weeks ago and she is only about 2-3 years old.  The doctor said

Re: [Felvtalk] President - OT Topics

2012-10-04 Thread Sharyl
I agree with Terri.  This list was set up to discuss ill kitties.  NOT politics 
and hunting.  There are other groups dedicated to those topics.  
 
In the meantime how about helping out Bella.  That is what this group is for
 
JMHO
Sharyl 
 


 From: Joslin Potter joslinir...@yahoo.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
  

Sorry Terri I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just curious I'm so confused 
on who to vote for, and everyone is saying something different. 
 


 From: Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
  

 
I think this topic should be off limits here. 

Terri 
  
  
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread longhornfans
Thanks, Maureen. That was well stated  you made very valid points. Thanks for 
your opinion :). By the way, I don't care for either candidate. All politicians 
lie  I feel like I have to vote for the lesser of two evils, in my opinion.

Thanks again, Maureen!

L
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-Original Message-
From: Maureen Olvey molvey...@hotmail.com
Sender: Felvtalk felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 13:52:28 
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Reply-to: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Lorrie
One brief thing... The Obama Care we now have is not even close to
the way he wanted it.  He had to make too many concessions to the Republicans
who really screwed it up.  My opinion - and you can guess who I'll vote for.

Lorrie

On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
Well, I have a different take on the whole healthcare thing because I
work for a health insurance company.  I understand how the business
works.  That being said, there are good things about the Obamacare,
but there are some things that are NOT.  So I disagree that it should
stand as it is.  It needs to be replaced.  My opinion.  I cannot speak
on behalf of my employer.
 
Terri

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Marcia
Lorrie, 

Me too(:

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2012, at 3:45 PM, Lorrie felineres...@frontier.com wrote:

 One brief thing... The Obama Care we now have is not even close to
 the way he wanted it.  He had to make too many concessions to the Republicans
 who really screwed it up.  My opinion - and you can guess who I'll vote for.
 
 Lorrie
 
 On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
   Well, I have a different take on the whole healthcare thing because I
   work for a health insurance company.  I understand how the business
   works.  That being said, there are good things about the Obamacare,
   but there are some things that are NOT.  So I disagree that it should
   stand as it is.  It needs to be replaced.  My opinion.  I cannot speak
   on behalf of my employer.
 
   Terri
 
 ___
 Felvtalk mailing list
 Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
 http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Terri Brown
I don't know where you heard that Lorrie, but it's not true.  

Terri
  - Original Message - 
  From: Lorriemailto:felineres...@frontier.com 
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:45 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President


  One brief thing... The Obama Care we now have is not even close to
  the way he wanted it.  He had to make too many concessions to the Republicans
  who really screwed it up.  My opinion - and you can guess who I'll vote for.

  Lorrie

  On 10-04, Terri Brown wrote:
  Well, I have a different take on the whole healthcare thing because I
  work for a health insurance company.  I understand how the business
  works.  That being said, there are good things about the Obamacare,
  but there are some things that are NOT.  So I disagree that it should
  stand as it is.  It needs to be replaced.  My opinion.  I cannot speak
  on behalf of my employer.
   
  Terri

  ___
  Felvtalk mailing list
  Felvtalk@felineleukemia.orgmailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.orghttp://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


Re: [Felvtalk] President

2012-10-04 Thread Beth
I agree. Totally not appropriate for this forum. You might want to email people 
privately if they want to respond

Joslin Potter joslinir...@yahoo.com wrote:

Sorry Terri I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just curious I'm so confused 
on who to vote for, and everyone is saying something different. 

 


 From: Terri Brown siggies...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] President
  

  
I think this topic should be off limits here. 

Terri 
- Original Message -  
From: Joslin  Potter  
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org  
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:49  AM 
Subject: [Felvtalk] President 

 
Hey guys not to get off  from subject butI was interested in what everyone 
thinks about  the Presidential Canidates, is their a reason why one  should 
choose one over the other? Obama pledges support for  nearly every animal 
protection bill currently pending in Congress, and says he  will work with 
executive agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture  to make their 
policies more humane, according to Global Philosophy. However  Mitt Romeny  
has made no clear statements or policies on animal issues.  Reports also show 
that Romney has received thousands in campaign donations  from the HSUS. 
However, he has done a few things in his state for better laws  in reference 
to animal cruilty. ___
Felvtalk 
  mailing 
  list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
 
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
___
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org