Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-26 Thread Stormy Peters
I would like to see us all agree on GNOME Foundation goals and then work on how I can best make those happen. So far we've gotten very little feedback on what people think the GNOME Foundation should accomplish in 2010. I've put together a short survey if you'd like to weigh in that way. Please

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-26 Thread Philip Van Hoof
On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 14:19 -0500, Og Maciel wrote: On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Stormy Peters stormy.pet...@gmail.com wrote: So far we've gotten very little feedback on what people think the GNOME Foundation should accomplish in 2010. I've put together a short survey if you'd like

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-25 Thread Og Maciel
Thank you for your reply John.   The bonuses both reflect pie in the sky, you are probably never going to get this done items to more mundane items which none the less, contribute to the growth of the foundation. I just felt that goals such as: $500 - Improving relations with the

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-25 Thread Dave Neary
Hi, Og Maciel wrote: I just felt that goals such as: $500 - Improving relations with the advisory board, starting regular 1-on-1 meetings with them, etc. For this one, the starting point is worth bearing in mind. If I understand your argument, you're saying that anyone

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-25 Thread Og Maciel
Hi Dave! On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Dave Neary dne...@gnome.org wrote:      $500 - Improving relations with the advisory board, starting             regular 1-on-1 meetings with them, etc. For this one, the starting point is worth bearing in mind. If I understand your argument, you're

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-25 Thread Brian Cameron
Og: The bonuses both reflect pie in the sky, you are probably never going to get this done items to more mundane items which none the less, contribute to the growth of the foundation. I just felt that goals such as: $500 - Improving relations with the advisory board, starting

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-25 Thread Og Maciel
Thank you Brian for a great email and probably the best answer I got (no offense to John or Dave). It became a whole lot clear to me the reason behind the milestones I was questioning... it also became apparent that my concerns *do* apply for the next 'iteration' as some of these now more mundane

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-25 Thread Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak
On 01/25/2010 01:44 PM, Og Maciel wrote: get more feedback and constructive criticism. I'd love to see milestones related to getting localization and accessibility teams on the roadmap for 2010 and holding sprints/what-not with members of these teams to see how to make GNOME more accessible to

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-25 Thread Brian Cameron
Og: I think there is more value in suggesting ways that the CEO goals should be refocused. However, there has been little discussion about that so far. How would you suggest improving the goals and metrics to ensure that concerns that you have are better addressed moving forward? For

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-25 Thread Og Maciel
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak m...@avtechpulse.com wrote: Those are great goals for gnome overall, but I don't think they have much to do with Stormy's actual duties. Do they? Applying them probably not, but getting the right people together and soliciting funds to

Re: GNOME Foundation and CEO Goals

2010-01-21 Thread john palmieri
Bonus goals are meant to direct energy into places we feel are most important for the current cycle. The bonuses both reflect pie in the sky, you are probably never going to get this done items to more mundane items which none the less, contribute to the growth of the foundation. We could just