Re: [Audyssey] multiple player game

2010-04-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Jim, Hey, that's perfectly ok. A lot of the early racing games like Poll Position didn't use realistic physics and so on either. They had limited CPU power and ram to work with on those Atari systems so couldn't get too realistic with the games. However, I still had a lot of fun playing Poll

Re: [Audyssey] does anyone remember

2010-04-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Michael, Oh, yeah. I remember Frogger alright. My poor little froggy got smashed on the road more often then he got across. Then you had to cross the river by hopping from log to log. The object, as I recall, were to get all the little frogs safely home in their little holes. It was a pretty

Re: [Audyssey] The new game, Battleboomer, Released!

2010-04-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Just wanted to add to Philip's post here. FMOD only needs to be licensed if the developer intends to use it commercially. If it is a freeware project theFMOD API can be used free of charge. Compared to DirectSound, XAudio2, OpenAL, etc FMOD is far easier to use. On 4/7/10, Philip Bennefall

Re: [Audyssey] Update on Battle Boomer

2010-04-08 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, OhSo what are you using for audio now? I don't know if there is code on the internet for it, but I know XAudio2 is now compatible with AutoIt as well as a bunch of other languages through Windows COM support. I haven't yet updated my own games to XAudio2 yet, but it looks pretty decent for

Re: [Audyssey] Hi!

2010-04-08 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Welcome to the Audyssey list. We have a great bunch of people and developers here. As far as finding games audiogames.net really is our central resource. Unfortunately several game developers have come and gone abandoning there games, and for some games there are no links to download. So that

Re: [Audyssey] How did you start?

2010-04-08 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Jim, I wouldn't be a bit suprised. Dos and Linux shared many of the same commandline applications back in those days. It was much easier to create cross-platform applications like lynx, sox, pine, ncftp, etc than it is today. Today programming is more complicated because instead of printing

Re: [Audyssey] The new game, Battleboomer, Released!

2010-04-08 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, You can get the FMOD Ex API from fmodex.com. the fmodex.dll file is a com component so I don't see why it wouldn't work with AutoIt. It works with just about everything else including C#, Visual Basic, C++, you name it. Smile. On 4/8/10, Kevin Weispfennig kevin.weispfen...@gmx.net wrote:

Re: [Audyssey] news Request

2010-04-08 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, One thing that might help is to consider here that BGT itself is in beta testing. Therefore anything currently being created using it is likewise a work in progress. Some of the new games are for the most part just practice appplications or scripts at this point. Were I you I wouldn't

Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

2010-04-08 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Kevin, Yeah, AutoIt was never designed for the kinds of games you are thinking of here. Far too many would be game developers tried it, trying to take the easy road to game development, and crashed and burned using that scripting language. So obviously you need a more professional language to

Re: [Audyssey] news Request

2010-04-08 Thread Thomas Ward
Hello Tom, Actually, $800 is a pretty fair price for a tool like BGT Pro. I think your opinion that it is over priced is do to the fact you haven't had any experience as a professional software developer. I can tell you for a fact that similar tools in the programming market would cost far more in

Re: [Audyssey] news Request

2010-04-08 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Definitely. I think people completely forget the fact BGT has a lot of the hard work done. If a developer has to write something like PB Streamway, for example, that's going to take time. DirectSound 8 is ok, but it has none of the features of Streamway like the support for compressed file

Re: [Audyssey] prices of game creation kits

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Travis, It has been a long time since I asked David for the pricing on the GMA Engine, but I believe the pricing went something like this. David, if I got the pricing wrong here please let us know, but I think this was the pricing scheme. Demo License $50.00 Unlimited License 2,000.00 He also

Re: [Audyssey] prices of game creation kits

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Exactly. Were I not already a trained software developer I would be more than willing to invest in a tool like BGT, because of its features and ease of use. However, as it is I have already written my own game development tool, Genesis 3D, and it also has a lot of the hard work done. I should

Re: [Audyssey] news Request

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Kevin, No doubt about it writing a tool like BGT is a major undertaking for one or two people. I spent three/four months converting my game creation toolkit, Genesis 3D, from C# .NET to C++ and in many ways it still isn't finished. The only reason I was able to do it that quickly is because C#

Re: [Audyssey] news Request

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Muhammed, Yes, but you have to use the DirectX 8 graphics libraries like DirectDraw. It goes without saying DirectDraw itself is ancient and most games today use Direct3D 9, 10, or 11. On 4/9/10, Muhammed Deniz muhamme...@googlemail.com wrote: Then maybe with Vb6. Jim, does graphics work on

Re: [Audyssey] curious about terminology - Re: Football game please

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Charles, Smile. This is a bit ot, but here is your answer. The term flat simply means that the apartment is all on one level rather than having split levels such as a town house. On 4/9/10, Charles Rivard woofer...@sbcglobal.net wrote: Why are they called flats? --- In God we trust. ---

Re: [Audyssey] MegaRacer

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Shaun, How did you get it to work? When I installed it it gave me an initialization error when starting. On 4/9/10, shaun everiss shau...@xtra.co.nz wrote: I downloaded and installed the game fine. the game is quite good though I didn't play it for long as it was getting late. --- Gamers

Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi jim, Yeah, learning C++ from scratch is pretty daunting. No argument from me on that point. It definitely isn't for the lay programmer, and takes years of experience to get really good at it. For example, when I took C++ at Wright State around 1998 I went through the standard 12 week course. I

Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Philip, Well, I happen to like where Microsoft is going with .NET, but it does have its own issues just like anything else. You have to use obfuscation to protect your code, it is easy enough to run into .NET version conflicts which isn't cool. Also the Express versions of the .NET tools don't

Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Kevin, Well, using Visual Basic 6 is a bad idea in my opinion. As Philip pointed out Visual Basic 6 has not been updated in quite some time and was officially dropped in 2007/2008 when Windows Vista came out. I can understand Jim Kitchen's point of view because he wrote a good majority of his

Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

2010-04-09 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Jim, Ahem...I wouldn't say just fine with all versions of Windows. Fact is your games do have some problems under Windows Vista and Windows 7 do to some design problems. For example, none of your programs are fully user account control compatible. Therefore in order to get them to operate

Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

2010-04-10 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Shaun, Which is partly my point. Almost all operating systems including Windows 7 are designed to be fully multi-user environments, and therefore application should save settings either to the registry or to the user's home directory. Settings technically should not be saved in the applications

Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

2010-04-10 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Muhammed, Yes. That is one of the reasons C++ is used for games in the mainstream market. When it comes down to it C++ offers the best performance and reliability when it comes to graphics programming. Of course, you have to use an API such as Microsoft's Direct3D or the open source OpenGL

Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

2010-04-10 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Kevin, HmThat's problematic. It isn't that I can't show you how to do all that, but I really don't have time to write sample programs and explain them to you at this time. While I do have source for a number of games in C# .NET I am reluctant to just hand them over to a virtual stranger

Re: [Audyssey] direckts.

2010-04-10 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Muhammed, Not trying to be reude, but why not use BGT instead? It might only be in beta stage now, but it is already far superior to AutoIt, and it isn't even finished yet. On 4/10/10, Muhammed Deniz muhamme...@googlemail.com wrote: Hi all, Could someone give me a au3 file of direckts? I'm

Re: [Audyssey] direckts.

2010-04-10 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, I just call them as I see them. As I've mentioned before if I hadn't already had a game engine of my own in development I would certainly buy BGT Pro myself and use it. I've written a few practice applications with 0.1 and over all it is a pretty nice engine for what it does. Stuff like Autoit

Re: [Audyssey] The new game

2010-04-10 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Kevin, VB 6 is not officially supported on Windows Vista and Windows 7, but you can still run VB 6 apps on newer Windows operating systems if you install the old VB 6 runtime files. Its just a matter of installing the proper dependencies rather than have them ship with the operating system out

Re: [Audyssey] auto it sapi.au3

2010-04-11 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Muhammed, Look in the Megaracer installation directory. The file comes with Megaracer by default. I imagine you can grab it from there and use it in your Autoit program. HTH On 4/11/10, Muhammed Deniz muhamme...@googlemail.com wrote: Hello everyone, do to my battary problems on my laptop,

Re: [Audyssey] problum with megga racer.

2010-04-11 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Megaracer requires the Comaudio SDK. If you install it the game will run ok without that error. HTH On 4/11/10, Mich m...@ntl.sympatico.ca wrote: Hi. when I tryed to install megga racer I installdit and then when I ran it i got the following. --- Error

Re: [Audyssey] tarzan junior

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Yes, but there is a patch for that. If you look on my free games page http://www.usagamesinteractive.com/games.php you'll find the full download of Tarzan Junior as well as a small patch. The patch is one written by Philip to remove the demo restrictions from the game. Cheers! On 4/12/10,

[Audyssey] MOTA Beta 11 released!

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
. Sincerely, Thomas Ward President of USA Games Interactive http://www.usagamesinteractive.com --- Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org. You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at http://audyssey.org

Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 11 released!

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
[mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Ward Sent: 12 April 2010 22:21 To: Gamers Discussion list Subject: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 11 released! Hello gamers, At long last USA Games Interactive would like to announce the availability of Tomb Hunter Mysteries of the Ancients beta 11

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayri, The reason there is a delay between up/down arrows in the menus is so it gives you enough time to release the keys. If I didn't do it that way it would move so fast through the menus you would constantly be skipping menu items, and couldn't find anything. So that isn't abug but the way

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Raul, As for your keyboard problem that is a result of DirectInput having full control of the keyboard. You really aren't suppose to alt+tab away from the game as I really hadn't planned on someone multitasking with the game running. In any case I'll see about trying to correct that. I'll

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayri, Ok? That is weird. Not getting that hear on either of my computers. Frickin' weird. DirectInput seams to be running smoothly and fine, and none of my testers gave me anybug reports of that kind either. However, up until now it hasn't been officially tested on Win 64 byt versions so that

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayri, Ok, that is strange. I have a Windows XP machine right here I've been using to test the game while my laptop is in for repairs and it runs fairly well. I'm totally at a loss as to your particular problem. Anyone else seeing Hayri's problem? On 4/12/10, Hayri Tulumcu ha...@ka-net.dk

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Damien, As for panning it actually isn't using a pan control but FMOD'S 3d audio processing which is why it sounds a little strange right now. This is an issue I plan to be working on in beta 12 when i rewrite the sound core using XAudio2. FMOD happens to be something I introduced into the

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Willem, That is exactly what it does. It selects a new menu item when you release the up/down arrow key rather than on a key press. However, everyone is telling me that way is too slow. I can't win. On 4/12/10, Willem dwill...@gmail.com wrote: Hi Thomas. Couldn't you make the game go to the

Re: [Audyssey] to thomas

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Michael, The PB Games web site and games are no longer in existance. The version on my web site is the latest version of that game before Philip released it as abandonware. And before you ask every game on my web site is the latest and greatest versions of those games. HTH On 4/12/10,

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
HI Bryan and all, That's something I'm still working on. When I tried putting speech on its own thread it kept crashing the game all the time so I had to remove the multithreaded support for speech for the time being. Keep in mind since this is a totally new engine while the official version

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Bryan, Didn't think about that when I wrote it. Basically, when you check for keyboard combos DirectInput usually needs to know if the left control or right control is being held down with that key. So I used the one that seamed most natural for the command. I guess if you need me to I can have

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayden, Hard to say at this point. I'm working with a completely new engine that hasn't been fully debugged and field tested, and I never know how long debugging something like that will take. Plus on top of that I've got to add about 10 more levels, update the sound core, and I eventually want

Re: [Audyssey] MOTA 10

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Shaun, As for speaking the number of torches make sure you use the right control key with t. I've noticed several others are using the left control and of course that doesn't work because that is the wrong keyboard combo. I think I'll have to add both just so people won't have this problem in

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Mike, Thanks for the bug report. Unfortunately, that error doesn't give me much to go on. So I'll probably have a tough time hunting it down and killing it. Grin. On 4/12/10, mike maslo mmaslo1...@swbell.net wrote: Thomas: When I exiting the game, I get toom.exe stopped working. It said

Re: [Audyssey] what's with the statues in mota?

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Stephen, You are suppose to move it so you can get into the room behind it. To move a statue press enter and Angela will move it out of the way just like she does when opening stone doors. Of course, statues like doors can be locked and have to be unlocked before they can be moved out of the

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Phil, Thanks. Apparently that bug is quite common, but I haven't yet figured out what it could be. I'll keep looking though. On 4/12/10, Phil Vlasak p...@pcsgames.net wrote: Hi Thomas, I get that exiting bug when running MOTA beta 11. I have a vista home premium and am running directX 10.

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Willem, I don't know. I've got a couple of things in mind to try, and fixing input will be my top priority this week. Sooner or later I should be able to nail down the problem and fix it. Obviously this all worked in the other game engine well enough so it should be a matter of basically

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Lol! Oops, sory about that. I'll definitely put some code in place to keep from using more than one torch or potion at a time. I'll also update the engine so you can use either the right or left control key with t and p. Cheers! On 4/12/10, Bryan Peterson bpeterson2...@cableone.net wrote:

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayden, Thanks for that. I was beginning to think I was going crazy here. I don't have sluggish menus nor the crash error when exiting so I'm not the only one where the game works as expected. Now, the trick is to figure out what it is about their systems that is causing the crash and the slow

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Like I said the way DirectInput handles keys like shift, control, alt you have to specify which one you mean. For example the left control key is DIK_LCONTROL and the right is DIK_RCONTROL. To use either one you have to put an or condition in your keyboard event so it knows to use either the

Re: [Audyssey] Serious Mota question

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, No offense taken. Actually, several have asked that question and it does require a reasonable response. So here it is. First, you are right in saying I fiddled around too much with MOTA in the beginning. I did a lot of experimentation with this or that, and it really waisted a lot of time

Re: [Audyssey] Serious Mota question

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Yeah, I see your point, but at the time I was testing Java the Genesis Engine wasn't that far a long in development so there wasn't all that much to rewrite to begin with. It took me a month and a half to put it together, test it, and find out I didn't want to do that. Since it took me nearly

Re: [Audyssey] Serious Mota question

2010-04-12 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, Well, you know there is always two ways of looking at this. I realise your initial concern seeing it as fooling around and not getting anything done. However, as i see it I learned a lot from experimentation and the time was well spent in terms of research. I have a better idea of what i

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Muhammed, Well, as this bug has been reported on both 32 byt and 64 byt Windows versions it is obviously not a 64 bbyt issue. So at this point I can tell you what is not causing the bug, but I can't say what is causing it yet. On 4/13/10, Muhammed Deniz muhamme...@googlemail.com wrote:

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Raul, Yeah, I know. There are so many things to keep people occupied no one just sits down to play a game any more. Lol! Seriously though, it is something I've been intending to work on for a while anyway. It is not just multitasking, but there are times where you need to exit your screen

Re: [Audyssey] Serious Mota question

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Philip, Yeah, I heard that somewhere else. I'm really interested in using PB Streamway as it has a lot of features I'd have to add myself to the engine which I obviously wouldn't want to do given the time the engine has already been in development. I could cut some serious corners by using

Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 11 Observations

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, As for the speech files let's hold off on that a while. I'm working on getting a human to do the menus and such and trimming these files might be unnecessary. I mean if you want to do the editing ok, but right now beta 11 is sort of a temperary release for a lot of things that are up in the

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Damien, Usually, that dialog has a button or a way to get more details regarding the problem. If you or someone else could get those details it would help. As it is now saying it crashed doesn't help much. I need to have some specific error code so I can track down this bug. Smile. On

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Shaun, Ok, that's helpful. more than I've seen in a while. I can't say for sure, but it looks like it is trying to access a pointer or something when it has already been disposed of. If you can get a copy of the memory dump send it to me at my gmail.com address. Thanks. --- Gamers mailing

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, What? The version information selection is suppose to read the Mysteries of the Ancients about box. You know giving you the version number, copyright, all that good stuff. Are you telling me that isn't working either? Thanks. On 4/12/10, Hayden Presley hdpres...@hotmail.com wrote: Oh, and

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, So would I. I don't exactly like having to wait on all that information either. However, I prefer that over the game constantly crashing. That is the way it is for the moment. Once I figure out why it crashes all the time when putting speech on its own thread I'll fix it. Smile. On 4/13/10,

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Shaun, Yes, Mysteries of the Ancients comes with the latest stable binary for fmod.dll which is 4.28. It is located in the installation directory. However, I don't beleive I'll be using it for very much longer anyway. I've got plans to rewrite the audio core of the engine using something else.

Re: [Audyssey] How did you start?

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, HI don't recall having any problems with the old BNS games. I had a BNS 640K with a flash rom and put most of my games on their. They worked really well, and were good games. I spent hours and hours playing games on my BNS. On 4/11/10, Hayden Presley hdpres...@hotmail.com wrote:

Re: [Audyssey] BGT preorders

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Philip, Hmmm..I did something similar when I took preorders for Montezuma's Revenge which later became Mysteries of the Ancients. I tend to give those who paid for the software higher priority than those users who didn't pay and want to see feature x. One thing I can say about pre-ordering a

Re: [Audyssey] Mota Beta 11 impressions

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayden, No. The problem here is that speech is operating on the same process as input while it is speaking so keyboard events are ignored until speech shuts up. One way of fixing this is by putting them on their own processes, called threads, which makes them act independantly of each other.

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
...@hotmail.com wrote: Hi Thomas, Lol, no. What it actually does is close down the program altogether. Is there supposed to be a menu item to do that? Best Regards, Hayden -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Ward

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-13 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Raul, Thanks. It is obviously some kind of seg fault. Probably trying to access a pointer that has just been destroyed by the exit process. I'm going to be rewriting that code from scratch in the hope of resolving it through pure luck. --- Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org If you want

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-14 Thread Thomas Ward
if they are are suppose to work but the hotkeys in the menus do nothing. Best Regards, Hayden -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Ward Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:14 PM To: Gamers Discussion list Subject: Re

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-14 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Phil, I don't think that is the problem. It appears to be something to do with FMOD Ex itself. From all the tests I've run when I try and shutdown the audio system it segmentation faults and bombs the application. I'm pretty sure I'll be switching to Streamway for beta 12 etc so that will

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-14 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayden, Yeah, because I just figured out you are still running the beta 10 Tomb.exe executable. Before I hear another error/bug report from you I highly suggest you completely uninstall Mysteries of the Ancients and start over clean with beta 11 this time. You have no idea how frustrating it is

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-14 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, I don't know. I've looked in the Inno Setupdocumentation, but haven't found anything like that. As it is I'm strongly thinking about switching over to Microsoft's Advanced Setup Installer as I'm getting tired of putting up with these kinds of problems. On 4/14/10, Willem Venter

Re: [Audyssey] D D Question

2010-04-14 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Yeah, it is called Entombed and it costs $40 USD as I recall. HTH On 4/14/10, Steve Britt swimmer...@comcast.net wrote: Hi, folks. Does anyone know if there's an accessible version of Dungeons and Dragons? If so, what does it cost? --- Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org If

Re: [Audyssey] Crashing when exiting

2010-04-14 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Charles, Generally speaking yes that is what a person should do anyway by default. Especially, in a case where the new version isn't backwards compatible with a prier release. This was definitely one of those cases as I had just redesigned the engine from scratch in C++ and had nothing in

Re: [Audyssey] MOTA BETA 11 executable now, and not that happy about it...

2010-04-14 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayden, Yes, I know about that error. I'm working on the problem. In fact, there are a number of bugs being corrected right now. --- Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org. You can make changes or update your

Re: [Audyssey] Sorry Thomas

2010-04-15 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Not sure what is up with the sword. It works fine here at least with beta 11 and beta 12 which I'm working on. I'll look at the code, but don't expect I'll find anything unusual there. As for zombies they have a higher hit point value than other creatures, but they can be killed with a

Re: [Audyssey] Sorry Thomas

2010-04-16 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayden, Well, part of the problem is the way FMOD is positioning the sounds. It is not exactly very precise and is sometimes slow in moving the sound correctly in real time. As a result it is hard to know exactly where the monster is. This has already been corrected in beta 12. As for moaning

Re: [Audyssey] someone please help

2010-04-16 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Michael, There is no need to ask two or three times on list. if someone doesn't respond chances are good either they don't know an answer to a question or they don't have what you are looking for. HTH On 4/16/10, michael barnes c...@samobile.net wrote: I know i have ask about this game a

Re: [Audyssey] interesting info for game makers

2010-04-16 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Michael, Unfortunately, copyright law isn't quite that cut and dry. Usually such adaptations still require the copyright holders permission to do the accessible version. The acception to this rule is something like a book that can be converted to a specialized format like daisy or an encrypted

Re: [Audyssey] interesting info for game makers

2010-04-16 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Michael, The thing to keep in mind is the attitude or opinion of the copyright holder here. I imagine Phil has never had any troubles with Packman Talks for the simple fact Activision tends not to worry too much about their older copyrights and Atari classics. I've seen a number of retro

Re: [Audyssey] interesting info for game makers

2010-04-16 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Bryan, Actually Parker Brothers no longer holds the copyrights to Montezuma's Revenge, and they sold it to Utopia which came out with Montezuma's Return. I hadn't known at the time there was actually a game named Montezuma's Return nor who Utopia was. Which just goes to show how easy it is to

Re: [Audyssey] interesting info for game makers

2010-04-16 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, The reason Audio Quake exists is because I.D. Software released the Quake name and engine as open source. So it is now licensed under a General Public License. That's why Agrip was legally able to update it and make it accessible. The terms of the GPL says they could do that legally. What you

Re: [Audyssey] interesting info for game makers

2010-04-16 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, One more comment on this. With Quake while the source code was made open source the graphics and sounds contained in the pak file are under a different license. So while you can legally modify Quake to all your hearts content you are still technically suppose to buy the sounds and graphics to

Re: [Audyssey] Sorry Thomas

2010-04-16 Thread Thomas Ward
to the next BETA; I'm sure you know how disorienting the panning can be, and how slow! The doors open. Best Regards, Hayden -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Ward Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 7:18 AM

Re: [Audyssey] question on 3-d snake

2010-04-17 Thread Thomas Ward
Hello Michael, No. As I have told you before all of the PB Games haven't been updated in years. Every game on my web site is the absolute latest version that can be had for the PB Game titles. I don't like to be rude here, but you are really beginning to get under my skin constantly asking about

Re: [Audyssey] Sorry Thomas

2010-04-17 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Oh, I know. I'm rather glad to know myself when I drink a potion Angela doesn't take multiple ones for a super health boost. Grin. On 4/16/10, Bryan Peterson bpeterson2...@cableone.net wrote: Glad to hear it. Can't wait to play it, especially if it means I won't accidentally use multiple

Re: [Audyssey] to all game makers

2010-04-17 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Michael, There is a clone of Duck Hunt simply called Duck Hunt. You can find it on Liam's web site http://www.l-works.net in the free games section. It is an exact clone of Duck Hunt dog and all. Even cludes original sounds and music. On 4/17/10, michael barnes c...@samobile.net wrote: hey

Re: [Audyssey] what is this?

2010-04-17 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, That was a failed project by Dragon Slayer Games. They tried to recreate Super Mario, but it wasn't a very good remake. To be canded about it I thought it was crap. On 4/17/10, michael barnes c...@samobile.net wrote: hey the other night i was on the audio games site an i found a super

Re: [Audyssey] to all game makers

2010-04-18 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Yes, in deed. I also love the music and sounds from the classic Nintendo era. It was pretty unique. On 4/17/10, Hayden Presley hdpres...@hotmail.com wrote: Hi, Which is the major reason I love it, I love the ness sounds and their synthisising techniques, shall we say? Nintendo can't be

Re: [Audyssey] Problem unlocking the Tarzan Junior game.

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Not sure this will help, but try running the patch from the Tarzan Junior installation directory. I know a lot of patches seam to work correctly that way. It has been a while since I've installed Tarzan Junior and I'm not sure if this will help or not. On 4/19/10, Castanedagarcia_Alfredo

Re: [Audyssey] someone answer

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, As far as i know Liam's Duck Hunt is pretty true to the original. I haven't noticed a big difference. Then again, I probably haven't played the original in 15 years so my memory isn't exactly as good as it could be either. On 4/18/10, michael barnes c...@samobile.net wrote: does anyone

Re: [Audyssey] someone answer

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Bruyan, You might as well save your breath. I've decided that some people here aren't going to listen to a thing we say about copyrights. They are taking their chances in my opinion, and if they want to run that kind of risk it is their own butt in the sling not mine and not yours. If they do

Re: [Audyssey] someone answer

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, I have to seriously disagree. I've been a software developer for about 10 years and I can definitely tell you that javascript and html is not good for games at all. Oh, if we are talking a web based game like Sryth ok, but beyond that it has no serious game programming application here.

Re: [Audyssey] someone answer

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Muhammed, Actually, i sincerely doubt anyone would go to prison for copyright infringement. It is not that serious a crime. However, the court can order the person to destroy all copies of the software, stop distribution of the copyrighted materials, and optionally the copyright holder can sue

Re: [Audyssey] someone answer

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Muhammed, That depends on if you use any copyrighted elements or not. As has been stated before general ideas or concepts are not copyrighted. It is specific names, people, places, and things that are typically copyrighted by a game manufacturer. In order to qualify for a copyright a story,

Re: [Audyssey] someone answer

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Michael, Sigh...All I'm saying to you and others is this. If you do it it is illegal and you could face some problems. Some have done it, and haven't been caught nor bothered by the copyright holders. That doesn't mean that what you are doing is strictly legal, nor does it mean that nothing can

Re: [Audyssey] someone answer

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Muhammed, That's correct. A special magic sword with a specific name would have to be given a new name in your own game as it would be under copyright protection. It would be a specific thing, and as I mentioned before specific people, places, and things can be copyrighted. On 4/19/10,

Re: [Audyssey] someone answer

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Bryan, Exactly what I was thinking of mentioning here. I myself enjoy reading fan fiction web sites, full of third-party free stories, but let's not forget they run a large risk by getting out there and releasing this stuff. Legally I've heard of cases where it has gone both ways. Free fan

Re: [Audyssey] bowling game

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Michael, Try Ten Pin Allie by Draconis Entertainment. That would be your best bet for a bowling game. On 4/19/10, michael barnes c...@samobile.net wrote: what would be the most current bowling game? the kind i'm looking for is one that is realistic. could someone tell me which one that

Re: [Audyssey] trying to open tj.js

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Yeah, you aren't suppose to hit enter on it to open it. You have to go to the file menu select open with and then select an editor like Notepad to open the file for editing. Otherwise pressing enter on it runs the script in the Windows Scripting Host. HTH On 4/19/10, Castanedagarcia_Alfredo

Re: [Audyssey] horse racing

2010-04-19 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Two questions. Have you installed the Visual Basic 6 runtime libraries and disabled Vista's user account control? Usually failing to do either one of those things causes problems with most accessible games on Windows Vista and Windows 7. However, both are easy problems to correct. HTH On

<    4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   >