Re: [Audyssey] Game Chat Reminder

2011-01-20 Thread burakyuksek
We understand it, dont right it anymore. saygilar sevgiler. - Original Message - From: Gamers Chat Robot gamers-ro...@audyssey.org To: gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:00 AM Subject: [Audyssey] Game Chat Reminder Ever wanted to hear what a certain gamer really

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Hi tom. Despite the extra time I really do think more complex levels are worth it. Takee a look at this table. it lists the number of screen or rooms in each level for snes prince of persia, and the number of enemies found on those levels. bare in mind that each screen has three levels, so

Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top Speed 3

2011-01-20 Thread Davy Kager
Hello, Your donations are always appreciated, of course. The Ding-bug is caused by the keyboard focus being placed on the Top Speed logo. As of yet we haven't found a way to get around this, other than simply not displaying the logo. This is why we will most likely switch DirectInput back

Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top Speed 3

2011-01-20 Thread burakyuksek
hi, I am in topspeed, I want to shift a gear, it is saying ding and shifting gear. I dont want this ding. How can I fix it? saygilar sevgiler. - Original Message - From: Davy Kager m...@davykager.nl To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:25

Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top Speed 3

2011-01-20 Thread Davy Kager
Please wait a few hours and there'll be a new TopSpeed.exe that should fix it. - Original Message - From: burakyuksek burakyuksek...@gmail.com To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:54 AM Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top

Re: [Audyssey] Game Chat Reminder

2011-01-20 Thread Kai
We understand you. Please don't write anymore about the announcements. I've been a list member forever and they've never bothered me. They're sent out every once in a while. is it really that big of a deal to hit the delete key? Honestly. You guys treat these messages as if they were a

Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top Speed 3

2011-01-20 Thread Kai
I fail to understand why you're replying to an email explaining why Top Speed is behaving in this fashion with a direct request on how to fix the problem. The developer says right in the email message you replied to that a possible solution is already being considered. is a little patience

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Michael Feir
Personally, I've been waiting this long and have no problem with you taking the time to add these puzzle elements into the game. I'll certainly understand completely if you decide to bow to pressure from people less patient and more short-sighted about this. God knows you and your wife have

Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top Speed 3

2011-01-20 Thread Davy Kager
In any event, this should fix the problem by changing DirectInput back to how it was. Please tell us if it's still doing strange things. -- http://rubyaccess.com/TopSpeed.exe Thanks, Davy - Original Message - From: Kai kaixi...@sbcglobal.net To: Gamers Discussion list

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread shaun everiss
tom, part of me would like the complex maps. However not exactly like mota. in level1, there are a couple chasm traps, and a lava trap. Or is that a fire trap. Ok, simple, but good for starters. You could add that the chasms had lava or spikes in them or both. Burning ropes? Well if we put them

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread shaun everiss
aggreed with you liam. At 05:53 p.m. 20/01/2011, you wrote: I'd start with simple levels to ease the player in to the game, and start ramping up the difficulty as you go. You may even want to make level 1 just a few rooms with a few ladders so that the gamer can actually get used to the

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread shaun everiss
well tom, they have been waiting a fecking long time for the games. That you had to write your own engine has slowed things down. TO be fair if I was a preorder user I'd probably be going down your throat at you, flaming, swearing and such. These people have waited years and years for this game

Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top Speed 3

2011-01-20 Thread burakyuksek
Is this new file? saygilar sevgiler. - Original Message - From: Davy Kager m...@davykager.nl To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:41 PM Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top Speed 3 In any event, this should fix the problem

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Jacob Kruger
smile People that complain while it's being developed may be a bit frustrating/irritating, but it's more important that when you finally do release what you consider as a final version, that noone can then really complain about the product as a whole - but on the other hand, you will most

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Michael Feir
What we have here is an imperfect situation. I can absolutely sympathise with people's eagerness to just get the game. I'm one of those who pre-ordered the original game when I didn't even have to. James North would likely have given me a free copy to review for Audyssey but I wanted to show

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Mauricio Almeida
hi thomas, Personally, I think you should do what you can do best, because you know it will compensate for the public in the end. Professionally, My public listen to me enough to know that if i say they have to wait, it is for their own good. We at the blind games brazil community have a

[Audyssey] Moderator's note about the Game Chat Reminders

2011-01-20 Thread Raul A. Gallegos
This was my fault cause I thought I had stopped the notifications. Turns out it was the Saturday ones. In the future anything to do with the list and how it's run needs to be sent directly to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. Anyone who breaks this rul will have themselves moverated. Thanks. ---

Re: [Audyssey] Game Chat Reminder

2011-01-20 Thread Shiny protector
Hi Burak, Just get rid of them. Thomas and Raul will adventually take this down. - Original Message - From: burakyuksek burakyuksek...@gmail.com To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:09 AM Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Game Chat Reminder We

Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top Speed 3

2011-01-20 Thread Valiant8086
Well, that's ok, since your attempt to fix the volume control didn't work for me anyway. I wonder if you couldn't check specifically for volume up and down and pass it on through somehow? On 1/20/2011 4:25 AM, Davy Kager wrote: Hello, Your donations are always appreciated, of course. The

Re: [Audyssey] Some background info on Top Speed 3

2011-01-20 Thread Valiant8086
If you can come up with a way to allow volume changes inside topspeed without having to alt+tab, that'd be great. Sometimes Ineed to change the volume without having the chance to stop driving long enough to alt+tab out and back in. It comes down to a loud vehicle and I start racing and

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Mich
Hi Tom. I think creating all new maps would be good that way you could put your own ideas in to what the levels should look like where as if you have a set level structure then you would not have that much control on how the levels were laid out. I think that this would make the game more

[Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Philip Bennefall
Hi all, I have been opposed to adding screen reader support into BGT since the very beginning, though I am beginning to change my mind. The primary reason for my not wanting to do it has been the fact that Jaws steals a large number of keys from DirectInput, making it very hard to play games

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Karl Belanger
If you add Jaws support, please also add support for Window-Eyes, System Access, and NVDA as not everyone uses or even owns Jaws. What I'd recommend is have it autodetect the screen reader currently running, and interface with it. Karl -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread shaun everiss
thats true. However if anything can be salvaged from this although the games are not tom's ideas it should enable tom to show off what spin he can put on stuff in general. I support him as allways but I can understand other user standpoint. I am having issue with a new reader upgrade and I am

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread shaun everiss
true mike. To know you actually ordered the game and are happy to wait an extra month may just mean something to those that think of complaining. I should again congratulate tom on being as open has he is with everying down to ideas. While he doesn't post every week if something needs it he

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Philip Bennefall
Hi Karl, I have plans to add support for the other screen readers as well, though Jaws is my primary target as it is still the most widely used screen reader out there. Rather than selecting a screen reader automatically, however, I'd rather let the user see a list of the available ones and

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread shaun everiss
what about nvda with the nvda controler client dll. THats not gona be that hard to do, nvda doesn't block keys. At 05:51 a.m. 21/01/2011, you wrote: Hi all, I have been opposed to adding screen reader support into BGT since the very beginning, though I am beginning to change my mind. The

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread shaun everiss
well then there is new supernova, I know they use lua scripts but I don't know. At 05:58 a.m. 21/01/2011, you wrote: If you add Jaws support, please also add support for Window-Eyes, System Access, and NVDA as not everyone uses or even owns Jaws. What I'd recommend is have it autodetect the

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Philip Bennefall
Hi Shaun, NVDA has never presented a problem. However, I wasn't going to spend time adding support for the other less major screen readers if I couldn't get support working for the most commonly used one. So the key has been to get Jaws and BGT running together, and now that I have

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Not to mention Sapi. there are those of us who use Hal, and thus don't have any of the above, in fact my personal feeling is why add support for several windows screen readers which some people may or may not have when you can do just as well with sapi which everyone has. Sorry, but it

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Hal can be scripted with Lua, and I don't imagine adding support would be completely evil, it's just nobody has done it yet because most people who do use Hal can just use sapi anyway, -hence my previous point. In fact the only game that does have any sort of Hal support, lone wolf I

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Damien Pendleton
Hi Dark, Synth voices like Eloquence and Dectalk are hard to get for SAPI 5 though. I tend to find with SAPI that you go from one extreme to the other. Either a low-sampled, quick but hard to understand one, or a high-sampled, large, slow, laggy, easy to understand one. However they all seem

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Philip, Interesting. I'm glad to know you found a solution for this rather annoying problem with Jaws. Although, I personally am still against direct screen reader support. I think it is A, unnecessary, and B, a very bad idea for several reasons. People who are asking for it aren't necessarily

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Philip Bennefall
Hi Dark, BGT already has Sapi support, so this is as you say not strictly necessary but a lot of people requested it, and it won't take me very long to integrate so I figured that I might as well get it over and done with. Kind regards, Philip Bennefall - Original Message - From:

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Unfortunately this is true. Eloquence is actually Sapi 4 based not Sapi 5 based. The Dectalk has its own API. Although Fonix did produce a Sapi 5 compatible version of Fonixtalk, AKA Dectalk, for a while. However, it is my understanding they discontinued the Sapi 5 version of Fonixtalk. The

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Shaun, And the point of NvDA support is? With NVDA you can choose from ESpeak, which is Sapi compatible anyway, and/or any Sapi 5 voices. So your logic is well I want to support this or that Sapi 5 voice but instead of using Sapi directly I'll load NVDA and access Sapi remotely rather than

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, I'm glad somebody actually agrees with me. Supporting x number of screen readers is, to be blunt, absolutely silly and unnecessary. However, I know the reason or the logic behind it. Some people love Eloquence and want Eloquence support AKA Jaws support. Personally, I don't find that a

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Philip, Well, its not that obscure as you might think. I happen to have three screen readers. Jaws 11, Window-Eyes 7.2, and NVDA 2010. I find that each screen reader has its own unique advantages/disadvantages and switch them depending on the project and/or application. I know a couple of

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Mich
Hi I to am more then happy to give him that time as well. from Mich. - Original Message - From: Michael Feir michael.f...@gmail.com To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:40 AM Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels What we

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Shaun, Yeah. Thing is most of them have no clue what is like to create a multipurpose game engine and then still produce a game at the same time. It would be kind of like writing BGT and Q9 at the same time. Since MOTA requires the G3D Engine there is no question which product comes first, but

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, Dark wrote: Take a look at this table. it lists the number of screen or rooms in each level for snes prince of persia, and the number of enemies found on those levels. My reply: Yeah, i just did. That's exactly what I'm talking about. The mainstream games I've played like Prince of

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Philip Bennefall
Hi Thomas, Right, that strengthens my point about having screen reader enumeration in BGT if, of course, we want this support at all. I agree with you that it's not a critical or even important thing to have in a game engine, but I reason like this. Customers want it, customers pay the bills,

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
I've never actually had lag or speed issues with scansoft daniel, even on my laptop which is five years old and has not the world's largest ram. I have noticed some lag when using realspeak with Hal even with hal's direct output (one reason I use orphius, sinse it is both extremely responsive

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Hi Philip. I've already seen the sapi support in bgt, (in fact if I ever get to coding a game with it that's what I'd be using), if it won't take you trouble to add fair enough, it just has been something in titles like Gmas which has always slightly confused me, sinse it has seemed odd to

[Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
It might just be that I am used to orphius human voices, but I've actually never thought much of eloquence, in fact to be honest I've never really thought it was that much better than microsoft Mike. Of course, this might be partially because the eloquence uk english accent is, well

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Hi tom. I suppose ultimately this is just because people like scansoft and whoever make eloquence are too greedy to just let people use their voices for other programs than Jaws, Hal or window eyes. However with more voicing programs being used on mobile phones, in generic business reading

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Damien Pendleton
Hi Dark, I have had low responses from large SAPI voices on every machine now. I like Eloquence better than Orpheus, since I have been used to Eloquence all my life. It is more softly spoken than Orpheus, and I believe is much nicer to listen to while reading long documents. In my opinion

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Damien Pendleton
Hi Dark, I totally agree with you with the UK accent, which is precisely why I use the US accent. To be honest I prefer the American accents in speech synths anyway. Again, because that's what I've always used. Regards, Damien. - Original Message - From: dark d...@xgam.org To:

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, Well, the general argument in favor of Eloquence is that it is responsive. Which is certainly true. That's the one and only reason I purchased Eloquence for Linux to work with Orca. Its voice quality is crap, but it is responsive and doesn't lag the way the Cepstral, ATT Voices, and

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Shiny protector
I love scansoft Daniel. The only thing I don't like is it can't do drama. For an example, Ah how dare you! I will kill you! Who do you think you are! Scansoft Daniel can't do that. But in other words, its co'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'ol! - Original Message - From: dark d...@xgam.org

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Philip, Yeah, I understand your logic. When trying to market a product sometimes it comes down to mob rule. That still however doesn't wave my concerns about it. Now, a question. When people produce games is it possible to turn this feature off I.E. just use Sapi instead of Jaws support etc

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Well, the Scansoft, AKA Realspeak, voices are developed by Nuance. The same company that creates Dragon, Omnipage, etc. I'm sure there will be a day when they will have to change there practices or lose out. One reason I have purchased several Cepstral voices is because they are A, human

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Hi Tom. This actually ties into something I was thinking about the other day. I realized, that despite having games as complex as smugglers, shades of doom, entombed, time of conflict and lone wolf installed on my pc, what is the game I play most often? What is the game I frequently just

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Hi Damien. I'd fully agree that the orphius synthetic dave and synthetic andy voices are, well synthetic, and probably are worse than eloquence. however, I really do like their human voices, the Uk English voice Alan in particular. In fact Alan is the voice I've used for everything

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Lol, I think your my polar opposite in everything here damien, ;d. i much prefer uk accents in my synths. Also, as a very weerd fact, I dislike female synth voices for some reason, even particularly good sampled ones. MAle voices I don't mind, but female ones just sound wrong to me for some

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Funnily enough Tom, I've tried eloquence with hal, and found it no faster than orphius, though to me it sounds infinitely worse. This may just be because Hal has been running with orphius for years while eloquence support is comparatively new (it was only added in version ten). I can't

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
I agree completely tom, but I don't really think this is Philip's problem, afterall he's essentially just providing the tools for the job, not saying how people should use them. if someone did just write in Jaws support because they believed most people used jaws and were too lazy to change

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Bryan Peterson
I'm just the opposite. If I have to use Eloquence I use the UK accent since the American accent is the one that sounds odd to me. We are the Knights who say...Ni! - Original Message - From: Damien Pendleton dam...@x-sight-interactive.net To: Gamers Discussion list

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Philip Bennefall
Hi again, This is what I was about to say as well. Since I'm writing a general purpose audio game engine I cannot tell people what they may or may not do. I can advise, sure, but I won't enforce the use of all screen readers as I feel that this should be very much up to the individual game

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Jacob Kruger
Is turrigan T2002 accessible as such? http://www.pekaro.de/content/t2002/t2002.html Jacob Kruger Blind Biker Skype: BlindZA '...fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...' - Original Message - From: dark d...@xgam.org To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent:

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread dark
T2002, like original Turrican is an entirely graphical game. If you have enough vision to play 2D side scrollers with symplistic high contrast graphics, it is quite accessible, especially sinse you can alter the in game options by just edditing the conf file in notepad however, if you

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Bryan Peterson
It's actually a C, not a G. We are the Knights who say...Ni! - Original Message - From: Jacob Kruger jac...@mailzone.co.za To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:07 PM Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels Is turrigan

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Hayden Presley
Well in truth if you want to argue from that standpoint that can be said of just about any language. Sent from my iPhone On Jan 20, 2011, at 3:30 PM, Thomas Ward thomasward1...@gmail.com wrote: Hi Philip, Yeah, I understand your logic. When trying to market a product sometimes it comes

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Jacob Kruger
No worries - was just wondering, and will, honestly most likely pass this on to some of my sighted friends, who might appreciate it, but FWIW, I am 100% blind, so I'll stick to other, entirely audio games...smile Stay well Jacob Kruger Blind Biker Skype: BlindZA '...fate had broken his body,

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Jacob Kruger
Ok, fair enough...LOL! I copied game names from prior email, and pasted them into google search box, and that's how I found that page, FWIW. Jacob Kruger Blind Biker Skype: BlindZA '...fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...' - Original Message - From: Bryan Peterson

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, Dark wrote: This actually ties into something I was thinking about the other day. I realized, that despite having games as complex as smugglers, shades of doom, entombed, time of conflict and lone wolf installed on my pc, what is the game I play most often? What is the game I

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi, Well, that depends. I noticed that the Sapi version of Realspeak voices do lag a little, but it is n't too bad. However, the Realspeak Direct voices for Jaws 11 are very responsive and I generally use something like Scansoft Tom as my default voice rather than Eloquence. On 1/20/11, dark

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Philip, Again, quite understandable. Let's hope though that nobody is rash enough to just support Jaws and forget about the rest of us who might be using Window-Eyes or something else. Oh, I have a copy of Jaws 11, but it isn't my primary screen reader and I'm not purchasing Jaws 12. I'm

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, Yeah, I know. It is just the everybody uses Jaws attitude that gets under my skin, because not everybody uses it. Yes, i have it, but only because it was paid for by a state agency when they were trying to help me get through college and find employment. It wasn't by personal choice. I

[Audyssey] Community Game-building Project

2011-01-20 Thread Ken the Crazy
Well, there has been much talk in the past about a game building project that many people can participate in. Well, I've begun one. Now, here's where the rubber meets the road. Here is where we'll see if gamers are all talk about this subject or if they add their own ideas. The game So far,

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a screne reader that could! do drama Muhammed, sinse afterall the screen reader doesn't know what it's saying. interestingly enough, a friend of mine who has a degree in computer science once did speculate on creating some html tags which could be added to

[Audyssey] Heli

2011-01-20 Thread Ken the Crazy
I sent a message to the list earlier today, but I'm not seeing it. Basically, I've begun a community project for all you programmers, sound and music designers. This is the first freeware open-source game the blind community has which uses 3d audio--or it better be. If it's not then I've

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, Very interesting. Generally I've found the same problem. I would prefer a female Sapi voice, but most of them just strike me as wrong. Accapela Heather is not bad and ATT Lorn is okay as well. Some of the others like Scansoft Samantha just sounds like a stuck up old laidy, and is a major

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Brandon Misch
since jaws support will be added what about nvda support? On Jan 20, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Philip Bennefall wrote: Hi all, I have been opposed to adding screen reader support into BGT since the very beginning, though I am beginning to change my mind. The primary reason for my not wanting

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Brandon Misch
either that or have it to where the user can switch screen readers in case people want to play using jaws and then switch to window-eyes On Jan 20, 2011, at 11:58 AM, Karl Belanger wrote: If you add Jaws support, please also add support for Window-Eyes, System Access, and NVDA as not

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Brandon Misch
i think sapi support is already included . On Jan 20, 2011, at 12:23 PM, dark wrote: Not to mention Sapi. there are those of us who use Hal, and thus don't have any of the above, in fact my personal feeling is why add support for several windows screen readers which some people may

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Brandon Misch
well, with nvda you can also support synths like festival and piko. On Jan 20, 2011, at 1:49 PM, Thomas Ward wrote: Hi Shaun, And the point of NvDA support is? With NVDA you can choose from ESpeak, which is Sapi compatible anyway, and/or any Sapi 5 voices. So your logic is well I want to

[Audyssey] Sorry bout that

2011-01-20 Thread Ken the Crazy
Well, guess the message just didn't get sent for some reason, so you got it twice. Ken Downey President DreamTechInteractive! And, Blind Comfort! The pleasant way to experience massage! It's the Caring without the Staring! --- Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org If you want to leave the

Re: [Audyssey] Community Game-building Project

2011-01-20 Thread shaun everiss
well I'd like to do some sfx and maybe other things, sertainly test the game. I think you really should shove this in the bgt thing if you want. ask keywasfull if you can get on his bgt folder then ask him for permision to use or look at his chopper code, its a bit like copter man chopper chace

Re: [Audyssey] Heli

2011-01-20 Thread shaun everiss
I saw your messages. At 03:07 p.m. 21/01/2011, you wrote: I sent a message to the list earlier today, but I'm not seeing it. Basically, I've begun a community project for all you programmers, sound and music designers. This is the first freeware open-source game the blind community has which

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Hi Jacob, as I said appologies. usualy I try not to discuss low vision games on an audio gaming list precisely for this reason, however in this case I felt the contrast was important. As to your friends, tell them to try http://www.turricanforever.de/ that site has all information about the

Re: [Audyssey] Sorry bout that

2011-01-20 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Ken, The message got sent. The problem was that it was larger than 10 KB and required specific moderator approval. So I didn't find it until tonight read it and approved it. On 1/20/11, Ken the Crazy kenwdow...@neo.rr.com wrote: Well, guess the message just didn't get sent for some reason,

Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Hi Tom. i do know exactly what you mean, though I've never played the nes batman game you mention (I have played the Mega drive one though0. I do stil have games like Final fight and Double dragon and stick them on occasionally precisely for the reason of just wanting someone to thump,

Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
I completely agree tom and indeed am in a rather similar position where Hal is concerned, sinse though the initial license for version five was bought for me ten years ago as part of my university equipment grant, I've sinse then personally bought all the version upgrades myself out of my own

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
This is a very weerd point, even a female friend I know says the same thing as well. I'm sure freud would have a field day with it, though as this is supposed to be a family friendly list I won't start speculating on what he might've said ;d. The deffinition of a freudian slip: Say one

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Jacob Kruger
My one possible guess would be that, maybe it has something to do with old visions of technology - talking computer should sound like/sounds better when it sounds like a guy from some movie like revenge of the nerds...? Jacob Kruger Blind Biker Skype: BlindZA '...fate had broken his body, but

[Audyssey] marvel vs. capcom 3 release date!

2011-01-20 Thread Clement Chou
For anyone who doesn't already have this. The long-awaited sequel to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, released all the way back in 2000, is finally less than a month away. MVC 3 will hit shelves on February 15th, 2011, for ps3 and xbox360. I have my order placed already, and can't wait to get it. I'll try

Re: [Audyssey] Arc Tangent vs bearing

2011-01-20 Thread Cara Quinn
Hey Rynhardt! Yes, you're right and thanks for posting. :) It's funny as I'd tried this method some time ago with a GPS app I'm working on and it seemed to fail at times in that context, (which is why I posted mine) so I chalked it up to my blonde sleep-deprived brain at the time! lol! -So I'd

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread dark
Hmmm, the thing is though Jacob, what about startrek or babylon 5 where the computer has an obviously female synth voice? In fact a lot of old scifi tended to have them I think (there were certainly a few in dr. who). Then of course there were the old robotic voices which quite honestly

Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

2011-01-20 Thread Shiny protector
Uh. I hate that accent. - Original Message - From: Bryan Peterson bpeterson2...@cableone.net To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:46 PM Subject: Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT I'm just the opposite. If I