Re: [Audyssey] Need Help in Level 1 of MOTA Beta 17

2011-02-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Bryan, Correct. This is another classic feature of side-scrollers I'm using here in MOTA. The moving/vanishing platforms don't cover the entire pit or chasm where you find them. There is a little bit of space to either side were you could accidently step off or accidently jump into the trap if

Re: [Audyssey] Need Help in Level 1 of MOTA Beta 17

2011-02-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Hayden, s p o i l e r s p a c e Well, if you look closer at the vanishing platforms using the view command you will see they are about 3 feet up in the air. Plus they don't cover the entire pit. The only way to reach them would be to jump onto them from the ledge. Cheers! On 2/5/11,

[Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Yohandy
Hey guys, Ok I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I find myself getting extremely frustrated with the blind gaming community. Why you ask? ok here goes. I'm sure you guys have noticed I've been putting up some rock band samples up. you've also noticed Clement has been putting up some street

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Liam Erven
It's simple. Some people believe it or not have no interest in video games. The thought is, if it isn't accessible, why bother? That has been displayed several times on this list, and it's a poor way to look at life. But some people insist on it. Which is rather sad in my opinion.

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Damien Pendleton
Hi Yohandy, The answer to your query, especially from my point of view. Are you totally blind? If so, I'd love to know how you can play mainstream games without any sighted help. If not, then that's why. You are partially or fully sighted and can see the games you are playing. I spent five

[Audyssey] adrift 4 help?

2011-02-07 Thread Pitermach
Hi, so all this adrift dicussion made me go ahead and get adrift 4.0 and try it out. I made 2 rooms, a few objects etc etc, but when I hit f5 the runner tells me unexpected end of file. Now Anyone know what am I doing wrong? I mean this was all done in the gui, so I don't suppose I made some

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Damien Pendleton
Hi Liam, I totally agree. If I know there is a game out there that a blind person can play that may indeed be intended for sighted players, then I am willing to give it 100% concentration. Hell, I would even go out and buy the console it was designed for, just to play that game. But if you

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming community.

2011-02-07 Thread Christopher Bartlett
Yohandy, It's really very simple. I have a limited time budget to play games at all, let alone games that require me to struggle hard even to understand the interface designed for sighted folk. And frankly, the huge majority of video games interest me as much as the huge majority of movies,

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Actually yohandi, I've been playing mainstream games for years, far longer than I have accessible ones. However, sinse I access these through a combination of senses including my remaining vision, and sinse I stil play games like Turrican and rocks n diamonds which are not accessible to

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Shiny protector
Hi Yahandy, Not much of a music fan myself, but I agree with you. I mean, the only reason I don't buy street fighter is because I can't afford a xbox360 or a ps3. I mean, sometimes, I go to my friends house and play some of the Spiderman games. I mean, people saying the sort of rubbish like,

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming community.

2011-02-07 Thread dark
I agree with your points Chris, but In fairness I will point out that most beat em ups have both an amazingly complex plot, and require far more than simple pressing of rythm actions in time, not to mention some fantastic atmospheric battles. this is why I myself have played beat em ups for

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Karl Belanger
Hi, I suspect most people do not have interest in mainstream games for two reasons. First, they require consoles which can run from $200 up to $400 just for the console, never mind the $50 or more price tag for many of the games. Combine that with the relatively small percentage of games that are

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Yohandy
Yeah but here's the thing. how will you know if you can play it when you actually aren't even willing to try the game out? just because a sighted person tells you so? I had sighted people telling me oh you can't play rock band, so don't even bother purchasing it. you gotta see the colored

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Yohandy
Street Fighter exists on the PC. even if it didn't, we gotta make some sacrifices sometimes. nowadays most games come out for the consoles, not PC. From: Shiny protector muhamme...@googlemail.com To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 2:00 PM Subject: Re:

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Actually Yohandi, I at least am well aware of what games like rockband and guitar hero are like, sinse my brother and friends have them, and I am thus well aware of what I can or cannot see on the screen. If I can see about configuring my joystick, I might considder pc streetfighter though,

Re: [Audyssey] Need Help in Level 1 of MOTA Beta 17

2011-02-07 Thread shaun everiss
what I usually do is at the ledge I wait for the platform then jump twice ofcause if the ledge is bigger than 2 jumps I'd have a problem. At 06:49 a.m. 8/02/2011, you wrote: Hi Bryan, Correct. This is another classic feature of side-scrollers I'm using here in MOTA. The moving/vanishing

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread shaun everiss
yohandy, its not like we ignore you. I don't always get to comment on things. My life is quite bussy. Actually its not to much but I am trying hard to get away from the computer when I can. with my music, books, training and other things its not good to just stay at the keyboard and slack which

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Yohandy
and that right there is the problem. why do you guys keep coming back to sight? I'm 100% blind. Most video games need sight, but there are also many that don't. so why do you guys keep insisting that all video games require some degree of vision to play? that's the big question I would like an

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread shaun everiss
I aggree liam. Some have a life and don't comment as often though. I envy those that can play mainstream games. They are not accessible and therefore not really playable. Though to be truthfull I don't have the confadance others that do this would have. I have not a console but anyone that can

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Philip Bennefall
Hi Yohandy, I pretty much feel the same way as a lot of other people on this list. If the game is not accessible enough to allow me to play without sighted assistance, or requires me to learn everything by heart such as all menu options etc before I can even begin, I quite frankly have no

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread shaun everiss
aggreed. I also don't have the space. lets see 2 headsets, boxes of wires, software, cds hard drives of which there are 2. tv, pc, you get the idea. I don't even have space for my joystick. The desks and shelving units are full. I actually have no space over what I have right now. At 08:08 a.m.

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread shaun everiss
well cost is an issue. I don't have a job, I have games but they are gotten for me once a year or so. Lately real things over games have to take their spot like the new computer, software upgrades, etc. Eventually I may get another game. I'd like to run mainstreams but time cash and the fact I

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Shiny protector
Hi Philip, Honestly, memorising a bunch of buttons is not a hard thing. Imagine 10 beliefs I had to memorise in RS, cause the others were using powerpoint. That is a lot more skillful too do than memorise a bunch of buttons. I mean, my LSA selected the slides, and I read out the beliefs out to

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Philip Bennefall
Hello there, I was not refering to remembering which buttons do what. Mainly it was regarding the menu layout with options, different modes etc that I would have to memorize option for option in order to select what I wanted. That is poor motivation for me when I am to begin with a new game.

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread shaun everiss
ofcause the other thing people have forgotten is the fact that us blinks can't afford the real expensive stuff. Lets see 1400 for a good laptop, 1300 for software upgrades. now 200 for some good sterio headsets. another 40 for a crappy but servicable headset mic. oh and 50 bucks for some ok

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Damien Pendleton
Hi Yohandy, I think it's all to do with skill. I am totally aware that videogames have sound to them. But it still doesn't help me in winning or knowing exactly how to play the game. The only reason I didn't get frustrated playing such games as a kid is that I was simply content in listening

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Yohandy
SO since you didn't have much success with mainstream gaming when you were younger, you just assumed ok I can't play this? you gave up, just like that? you never considered trying the game for a while and try to figure things out? also I'm sorry to say, but you'll never find a mainstream game

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread shaun everiss
Ok well its not that fear of ridicule. Its the fact that you can't see what you are doing. Ie if you are on the computer. if I know aprox what I am doing I can do it whout sight. But I can't check. and what will happen and I don't do something wrong. Lets say format c instead fof format e. I

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Liam Erven
Why can't you accept that there are people who aren't interested in video games. We are among a small minority who play them. I think you just have to deal with that. -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Yohandy Sent:

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread shaun everiss
I aggree philip. And on that note i have played lego starwars with my cousin in a team game. I just shoot everything in site but really its not really playing. At 08:43 a.m. 8/02/2011, you wrote: Hi Yohandy, I pretty much feel the same way as a lot of other people on this list. If the game is

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Damien Pendleton
Yohandy, This is the thing. They are not really unrealistic. Accessible games fit the bill what Philip is talking about completely, hence the reason he, and I for that matter, put our entire support in accessible projects by not only playing them, but also developing them for other people to

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Even when menue options are visible to me, I cannot read the text and thus need to use counting etc. This stil! takes a degree of memorization and work to do, and that's before we start on the game, especially considdering that many menues or map screens are odd shapes or have options which

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Philip Bennefall
I wish you would discuss these things in a less accusing fashion. I tried to figure the game out for a couple of weeks, perhaps three, which is more than enough time for me to conclude whether I feel it is worth my time or not. Second, what is there unrealistic in those specifications? I wish

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Yohandy, I have a few theories what is going on, and these aren't based so much on fact but just my experience in dealing with the VI gaming community in general. First, is probably simply a lack of interest in the types of games being presented. I'll take myself for example. I am into

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Shiny protector
Well it is not hard. - Original Message - From: Philip Bennefall phi...@blastbay.com To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 7:57 PM Subject: Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity. Hello there, I was not refering to

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Shiny protector
Hi Liam, Personily, I have to speek out my mind. This community has to expand. Yahandy doesn't say oh, if anyone's not interested I will flame them for the rest of their life! He says he's sick of getting responses like oh, this is not accessible, and more. That's his point. - Original

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread dark
On the site front yohandi, the problem is the types of mainstream games I would myself be interested in playing do! require site. Rpgs require reading of in game text such as spell or action menues, hp in combat etc, and that's even assuming the dialogue in spoken (which is often

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Shiny protector
Not a moderator, but Philip and Yahandy has razed some valid points. Philip, you are right, his message sounds really harsh. Yahandy, please turn down your frustration level please, but you do have a point. Counting isn't a problem either. Heck, when I first had a mobile phone, It was quite

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Bryan Peterson
Well said. I enjoy video games but even I think he's been more than a little harsh. We are the Knights who say...Ni! - Original Message - From: Liam Erven liamer...@gmail.com To: 'Gamers Discussion list' gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 1:08 PM Subject: Re:

[Audyssey] Accessibility and effort considderations

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Hi. It's very odd, but this debate about games actually plays directly upon one of the key issues of my phd. One of the things i am postulating, is that disability should be catagorized not merely as belonging to a particular group, eg, deaf, blind, physically imapred etc, but that

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Damien, Yeah, skill has something to do with it but experience and memory is the key. As plenty of people know by now I absolutely love the Tomb Raider games. I own all of them from the 1997 first Tomb Raider game right up to Guardian of Light released in 2010. However, they are extremely

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Yohandy
It's not whether I accept it or not, it's the whole negativity surrounding video games based on nothing but speculation and assumptions that I get annoyed about. - Original Message - From: Liam Erven liamer...@gmail.com To: 'Gamers Discussion list' gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Monday,

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Hmmm, yohandi, possibly you are being a litle too hasty in so instantly deciding people's opinions are based only on assumptions or second hand knolidge. Certainly, I've trried many main stream games myself, in fact I played original street fighter and mortal kombat in the arcades when they

[Audyssey] Starting a World of Darkness group?

2011-02-07 Thread Aaron Hoffman
Ahoy. I'm looking to start a (New) World of Darkness campaign with other BVI players. I'd like to check if anyone's interested in getting a group together (for NWoD or Geist). I'd be happy to help new players create characters, too. Intro: World of Darkness is an RPG, somewhat similar to

[Audyssey] mota 17 thoughts

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Hi. I've finally got to try this one, and I deffinately like, especially the larger level layout and the fact you actually need to use your brain, also the increase in enemies was very nice to see. First, miner bug. the invisible platform (which it's great to see make a return), didn't have

Re: [Audyssey] Fwd: VO accessible Chess, Checkers, Draughts and Xaingqi games released for iPhone, iPad iTouch

2011-02-07 Thread michael barnes
Hey, Does he have a Chinnese checkers game? Or is it call Chinese chess? The game I'm talking about is where you have marballs to play with on a board that looks like a star. And who ever feel up one the sides wins. -- Email services provided by the System Access Mobile Network. Visit

Re: [Audyssey] MOTA beta 17

2011-02-07 Thread william lomas
don't statues open automatically though when you walk up to them? i.e. isn't the right key selected for you? On 3 Feb 2011, at 13:50, Darren Duff wrote: So then would you have to just start over to get out if you are in a locked room? Sounds frustrating. -Original Message- From:

Re: [Audyssey] Serious pause bug in MOTA

2011-02-07 Thread shaun everiss
thats fine by me. I also like easy street if I can get it. I won't go and grab the cheats alegally or anything. Ofcause if the stuff is posted online and you actually can play the cheats without things needing to have been done to get em working then well. I still think a trophy system like

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Yohandy
when I said unrealistic, I was referring to the fact that no developer is ever going to cater to them. so if you're waiting for such a video game to come out, you'll be waiting for a very long time. Also my email wasn't intended to sound accusatory in any way. I'm just a bit frustrated with the

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Philip Bennefall
Then let me apologise also. I definitely did not mean that blind people merely push a series of buttons at random and wait for something to magically work, rather what I meant was that the threshold that you as a blind gamer must cross in order to get some enjoyment out of the game in question

Re: [Audyssey] Fwd: VO accessible Chess, Checkers, Draughts and Xaingqi games released for iPhone, iPad iTouch

2011-02-07 Thread Zachary Kline
Hi Michael, That's Chinese Checkers, which is a different game from the Chinese Chess he has. I don't know of an accessible version of that one. Best, Zack. On Feb 3, 2011, at 11:32 PM, michael barnes wrote: Hey, Does he have a Chinnese checkers game? Or is it call Chinese chess? The game I'm

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Bryan Peterson
Could you maybe stop with the one-liners? We are the Knights who say...Ni! - Original Message - From: Shiny protector muhamme...@googlemail.com To: Philip Bennefall phi...@blastbay.com; Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 1:21 PM Subject: Re:

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Johnny Tai
Heh, it's like a confirmed carnivore like me can't understand why would anyone willingly become vegetarian- everytime I run into one I think, 'god, what's wrong with you?!' but of course, I don't say anything because I know I should know better than feeling the way I do. When people do not like

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Damien Pendleton
Hi Thomas, In my experience I know some other blind people, who have been blind since birth, who struggle with spacial awareness. I, for example, can learn a route somewhere but find it hard to reverse the rules when finding my way back. I can't conceptualise it as a map in my head, but rather

Re: [Audyssey] MOTA beta 17

2011-02-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi William, That feature was added a long timeago, because people complained about having to press enter to open statues and doors all the time. So I added the feature so Angela would automatically open one if she was cchlose enough to do it. All the same if it is locked its locked. It will not

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Johnny Tai
Lol, gotta love the first SF game- it had what, like 4 sets of sound files shared between 12 characters. I'm speaking of SF2- never did play the very first one where you can only play what, two characters? I remember when I played SF2, which was my first ever fighting game- I chose to master

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Orin
I have to agree with Yohandy here. Is the mentality so closedminded that people give up just because the menus don't talk? Do you really think that's gonna stop me from playing Marvel VS. Capcom next week? Heck no. Do you really think I won't play Mortal Kombat because of no speech feedback?

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Damien, Smile. Oh, I never suggested you were loony, stupid, or any of those things. However, your point of thinking of a route as a list of instructions rather than a mental map is a great point I was trying to illistrate to Yohandy. Not all of us have the same skills and/or abilities which

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Michael Feir
It certainly is for me. I have tried playing a large number of mainstream games with the equipment and assistance of sighted friends. Even in ideal cases where it's turn-based and sighted people have plenty of time to describe stuff, it simply isn't the same as being able to play the game

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Matheus r.c. souza
Hi yoandy and others. i have a gba and a ps2 here, including this pc that's very good for gaming purposes and i'm always looking forward to games that are playable for us. unfortunately i can't get much enjoyment out of rock band, although i have rb 1, 2, 2 track packs, gh 1 2 3 world tour and

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Allison Mervis
I think one of the reasons why not many people respond is because I'm not sure how many blind people want to pay $200 or $300 for a mainstream game console on which they might only be able to play three or four games at most. It's definitely not worth it for me. Secondly, when I'm playing a game,

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Matheus r.c. souza
hmm, that's not right, menu memorization is only needed most of the times in the main menu, unless you want to get a rpg or something like that and try to play it, it certainly will be hard. however, if you buy a console such as ps3, there aren't only 3 or for 4 games accessible, there are lots of

Re: [Audyssey] mota 17 thoughts

2011-02-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Dark, Dark wrote: I've finally got to try this one, and I deffinately like, especially the larger level layout and the fact you actually need to use your brain, also the increase in enemies was very nice to see. My reply: Glad you like it. Beta 17 was basically a testbed of someof the ideas

[Audyssey] timed locks

2011-02-07 Thread Phil Vlasak
Hi Thomas, I did put two sort of timed lock puzzles in my Sarah game. spoiler space Both puzzles had solutions from the Harry Potter books. Fluffy puzzle. When you played the flute, Fluffy would fall asleep for 3 or 4 minutes. You only had that much time to open and go through the trap door.

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Allison Mervis
No offense, but the only one here who has expressed anything even resembling true negativity here is you. Some blind people enjoy mainstream games, some don't. The people who enjoy mainstream gaming will comment on your podcasts. The people who don't will not. It's that simple. So take a deep

Re: [Audyssey] mota 17 thoughts

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Hi Tom. The weapons business related to difficulty levels is true, however it seems rather a shame to miss the chance of discovering weapons simply for this reason. how about keeping unlockable weapons, but changing the weapons angela starts with on different difficulty levels with respect

Re: [Audyssey] timed locks

2011-02-07 Thread Thomas Ward
Hi Phil, Good point. I didn't think of that. However, that sort of thing was exactly the reason I purchased Sarah. I think most people know here I'm not a big Harry Potter fan. I read the books, they were okay, but I wasn't on the front line to get the books, watch the movies, or out there on

Re: [Audyssey] my frustrations with the blind gaming community

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
So I decided to wait til everyone addressed their views before I jumped in. Here goes.. Yohandy, while I feel the same frustration as you do though not quite to that level, I do think that people will only be willing to go so far. I do think, however, that most people here are a bit mistaken

Re: [Audyssey] timed locks

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Actually tom, even though I am! probably a reasonably big harry potter fan, I avoid fan fiction like the plague sinse the vast majority of it is dire! Beware the grue! Dark. - Original Message - From: Thomas Ward thomasward1...@gmail.com To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org

Re: [Audyssey] timed locks

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
I agree! To date I have only come across three that I would even call good... and even those, I would call kinda skeptical... but if you want them, Dark, email me offlist and we can talk! --- Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming community.

2011-02-07 Thread Orin
Hi, The recent MK games starting with Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe stories are accessible. Blazblue's story is playable, and so will the new Mortal Kombat and marvel VS. Capcom 3. So yes, fighting games are starting to have nice stories. Only one that doesn't have one yet is Street Fighter I

[Audyssey] Fighting games was: frustration

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Hi. I do actually agree with clemments point about beat em ups, even though primarily myself the interest in a game like street fighter is it's story, general atmosphere and completing the game on all chars rather than just the competitive side. My issue however is that where as in games

Re: [Audyssey] timed locks

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Sorry clemment, I'm afraid I missed you on this one, maybe you wrote a reply to the wrong post? three what? Beware the grue! Dark. - Original Message - From: Clement Chou chou.clem...@gmail.com To: Gamers Discussion list gamers@audyssey.org Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 10:54

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming community.

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Blazblu I do know about, as my brother has the series, though to be honest I was always less of a fan of the vs games generally due to them having for me less interesting and more crazy plot. Beware the grue! Dark. - Original Message - From: Orin orin8...@gmail.com To: Gamers

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming community.

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
Actually, the typical beat em up has almost no plot... just enough to keep it together. What you're thinking of are probably action adventure games. Different kettle of fish. At 02:57 PM 07/02/2011, you wrote: Hi, The recent MK games starting with Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe stories are

Re: [Audyssey] my frustrations with the blind gaming community

2011-02-07 Thread Richard Claridge
Hi all. This is a very interesting topic for me. I have always tried to play mainstream games and infact until about 5 years ago that was all I did play. I was brought up on the SNES and played games like Supermario Allstars, Mariocarts, Super Star Wars and Donkey Kong. I would say that I managed

Re: [Audyssey] timed locks

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
Hary Potter fanfics... you said you avoided them like the plague. lol. At 02:59 PM 07/02/2011, you wrote: Sorry clemment, I'm afraid I missed you on this one, maybe you wrote a reply to the wrong post? three what? Beware the grue! Dark. - Original Message - From: Clement Chou

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming community.

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
Define VS games... if you mean the marvel vs. capcom games and capcom vs. SNK titles, yeah.. those don't have much of a plot. Blazblue's plot is alright, but the character cast isn't really my cup of tea... that's just going a little too anime style for me. lol. --- Gamers mailing list __

Re: [Audyssey] my frustrations with the blind gaming community

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
Well, for wii games... there's Tatsunoko VS. Capcom... but the wii isn't where I'd go for accessible games. You'd be better off with the ps2 or ps3. Start with the ps2 first, I would say. --- Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming community.

2011-02-07 Thread dark
That's just what I mean by vs, marval vs capcom, mk vs dc etc. They just never really had the plot or characters to keep me interested the way a series like regular street fighter, or even a decent stand alone game like weapon lord or Killer instinct does. I don't mind the Anime bits myself

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Hayden Presley
Hi, While I do have some interest in mainstream possibilities it sounds as if most everything we can play are beat-em-ups which, I must confess, are not really my cup of tea. Best Regards, Hayden -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org]

Re: [Audyssey] my frustrations with the blind gaming community

2011-02-07 Thread dark
Primarily I'd be considdering the wii for wii ware stuff which I'd find graphically accessible, such as Mega man 9 and 10. The menue system precludes this though. I've been toying with getting a ps2 or ps3 for a while, and indeed if the ps2 were backwards compatible with ps1 games I might

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming community.

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
Fair point. But games like that are designed to be central around gameplay... so if you're looking for a fighting game with a good story, stick to Soul Calibur and Blazblue. lol. And yeah, Shonan anime were what I was refering to, but I just assumed that some people would know automatically

Re: [Audyssey] my frustrations with the blind gaming community

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
The ps2 actually is backwards compatible... so is the ps3. There are some ps2 that can play ps2 games, but every single ps3 can play ps1 games. At 03:16 PM 07/02/2011, you wrote: Primarily I'd be considdering the wii for wii ware stuff which I'd find graphically accessible, such as Mega man 9

Re: [Audyssey] Starting a World of Darkness group?

2011-02-07 Thread Hayden Presley
Hi, It's funny; Ken Downey has actually made a game with the same name. Ah well--there's the case with the submarine adventure game and the gamebook series. Best Regards, Hayden -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Aaron

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Hayden Presley
Hi, But what does memorizing a few buttons give us? Where's the enjoyment in justknowing that you press x button this many times, then press y button. There's no replay value there. Best Regards, Hayden -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
That's not where the value comes from. Sighted people do the exact same thing. It's the strategy you have to plan to land that combo. Sure you press square, triangle and square for a combo. But you have to plan how you're going to move that character to a point you can nail him. If I'm half

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Orin
Hi Philip, That's the thing, games don't have manual's anymore. When I was developing the tone game in the manual of BGT, I created the example but add something like a tutorial when the start game function is called. Want to wrap my head around sound positioning, so may do the second example

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
Games do have instructional manuals... in the cases. Just OCR them. At 04:34 PM 07/02/2011, you wrote: Hi Philip, That's the thing, games don't have manual's anymore. When I was developing the tone game in the manual of BGT, I created the example but add something like a tutorial when the

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Hayden Presley
Hi, I like those. Certainly I've never experienced one in a mainstream title but Papa Sangreis a good example of this kind of thing and it works nicely. Best Regards, Hayden -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Orin Sent:

[Audyssey] the mainstream game frustration topic

2011-02-07 Thread Raul A. Gallegos
Hi all. While I agree that this topic has sparked some lively discussion, let's all remember that flaming is not tolerated. So if you are passionate about the subject, fine and dandy, but let's not let our passions get away from us and turn into flames against those who may not see things the

Re: [Audyssey] the mainstream game frustration topic

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
Hope that wasn't directed at everyone, Raul. But I agree. I hope the discussion can go on... now that everyone's calmed down some. Hoping my message was diplomatic enough. lol. At 04:57 PM 07/02/2011, you wrote: Hi all. While I agree that this topic has sparked some lively discussion, let's

Re: [Audyssey] Adrift software help

2011-02-07 Thread Raul A. Gallegos
Hi, I've not read the entire Adrift thread as yet, but I've got experience with Adrift 3.9 and 4.0. The couple of games I wrote are in Adrift 4.0 because it's far more flexible in my opinion. I don't use Jaws, but I may be able to help with Adrift itself. Thanks. On 2/6/2011 12:13 PM, Lori

Re: [Audyssey] ADRIFT 3.90 or 4.00, Which Is Better?

2011-02-07 Thread Raul A. Gallegos
Tom, this is correct. However the thing to keep in mind is that if you play a 3.9 game from Adrift 4.0 or from Scare, the game is actually converted to a 4.0 game and this means that it may not function exactly the right way. An example of a major difference is the and command. In adrift, you

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Orin
Hi Thomas, Think you hit the nale on the head here. The small number of us will continue to play advanced games and that'll be that, I guess. Which I suppose is perfectly fine with me. Means we won't be noticed as much by developers, although I think I did get the You don't know Jack

Re: [Audyssey] Fwd: VO accessible Chess, Checkers, Draughts and Xaingqi games released for iPhone, iPad iTouch

2011-02-07 Thread Charles Rivard
It was not mentioned in the original post to the list. Check out what he has on your own, and let us know your findings? --- Laughter is the best medicine, so look around, find a dose and take it to heart. - Original Message - From: michael barnes c...@samobile.net To:

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Orin
Yeah. I kind of wish Papa Sangre came to consoles actually, just to spark interest in audio games, because i hear of two more iOS audio games coming out that are under development. Orin orin8...@gmail.com Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/orinks Skype: orin1112 On Feb 7, 2011, at 7:39 PM,

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Clement Chou
I want to put out a question to everyone here... and see how much of a discussion I can spark. If someone were to make a fully-fledged fighting game, exactly like Street fighter, no audio changes except for narated options, would people play it? --- Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org

Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

2011-02-07 Thread Liam Erven
Game devs will not care because the visually impaired market is too small. That's life. Deal with it. -Original Message- From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Orin Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 3:39 PM To: Gamers Discussion list Subject:

Re: [Audyssey] my frustrations with the blind gaming community

2011-02-07 Thread Liam Erven
Problem is this. A lot of people have very limitted budgets, and so they can't just plink 200 bucks down on a console and a game with out some garanteed assurance they are going to enjoy it. And the fact is. Not everyone likes fighting games, so if you don't like fighting games or rhythm games,

  1   2   >