Re: [gentoo-dev] UTF-8 in GLEP56 use flags?

2008-10-02 Thread Jan Kundrát
Ben de Groot wrote: The xml header in each metadata.xml states that the content is UTF-8 encoded, and any XML parser has to be able to handle this. Also, when used literally in xml, the 5 special characters ' cause a well-formedness error, as far as I know. You're wrong, it's absolutely

Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] PROPERTIES=set for meta-packages that should behave like package sets

2008-10-02 Thread Robert Bridge
On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:37:25 -0700 Zac Medico [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: -BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE- Hash: SHA1 Ryan Hill wrote: On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:31:46 -0700 Zac Medico [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Can package.use syntax be extended to allow set entries? @compiz-fusion

[gentoo-dev] Testing is not a valid reason to package.mask

2008-10-02 Thread Jeroen Roovers
# Gen 2 Developer [EMAIL PROTECTED] (`date`) # Masked for testing. =rofl-cat/omgpkg-ver Please people, if you want to get something tested, then don't mask it. If you find that you cannot commit an ebuild because of badly keyworded dependencies, then drop the relevant keywords and file a

Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing is not a valid reason to package.mask

2008-10-02 Thread Jeroen Roovers
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 22:24:35 +0200 Jeroen Roovers [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: # Gen 2 Developer [EMAIL PROTECTED] (`date`) # Masked for testing. =rofl-cat/omgpkg-ver Please people, if you want to get something tested, then don't mask it. If you find that you cannot commit an ebuild

Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing is not a valid reason to package.mask

2008-10-02 Thread Jeremy Olexa
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Jeroen Roovers [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 22:24:35 +0200 Jeroen Roovers [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: # Gen 2 Developer [EMAIL PROTECTED] (`date`) # Masked for testing. =rofl-cat/omgpkg-ver Please people, if you want to get something

Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing is not a valid reason to package.mask

2008-10-02 Thread Alec Warner
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Jeroen Roovers [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: # Gen 2 Developer [EMAIL PROTECTED] (`date`) # Masked for testing. =rofl-cat/omgpkg-ver Please people, if you want to get something tested, then don't mask it.If you find that you cannot commit an ebuild because of

Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing is not a valid reason to package.mask

2008-10-02 Thread Josh Saddler
Alec Warner wrote: If pmask is not for testing...what is it for? UT GOTY and nvidia-drivers, of course! signature.asc Description: OpenPGP digital signature

[gentoo-dev] proj/en/perl/outdated-cpan-packages.xml automatic update

2008-10-02 Thread Robin H. Johnson
Hi Folks, To help out the perl team, I converted their up2date-ng script running to be purely automatic from cvs.g.o now, it will run daily at 01h52 UTC. If you touch up2date_package.altname or up2date_package.mask please give me a shout so I can ensure updated copies on the server. -- Robin

Re: [gentoo-dev] proj/en/perl/outdated-cpan-packages.xml automatic update

2008-10-02 Thread Robin H. Johnson
On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 06:20:57PM -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote: Hi Folks, To help out the perl team, I converted their up2date-ng script running to be purely automatic from cvs.g.o now, it will run daily at 01h52 UTC. If you touch up2date_package.altname or up2date_package.mask please

Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing is not a valid reason to package.mask

2008-10-02 Thread Jeroen Roovers
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:56:39 -0700 Alec Warner [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: If pmask is not for testing...what is it for? The name says it all - to prevent people from automatically emerging stuff, even when ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~arch is set. First you try for the new version: # emerge -va

Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing is not a valid reason to package.mask

2008-10-02 Thread Dawid Węgliński
On Friday 03 of October 2008 04:14:54 Jeroen Roovers wrote: On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:56:39 -0700 Alec Warner [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: If pmask is not for testing...what is it for? The name says it all - to prevent people from automatically emerging stuff, even when ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~arch is

Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing is not a valid reason to package.mask

2008-10-02 Thread Jeroen Roovers
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 04:23:33 +0200 Dawid Węgliński [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I don't think it's ok. ~arch isn't training ground. It's supposed to work, so asking arch teams to keywords packages that are not supposed to work isn't good. We have a testing branch and a stable branch, defined by

[gentoo-dev] Re: proj/en/perl/outdated-cpan-packages.xml automatic update

2008-10-02 Thread Torsten Veller
* Robin H. Johnson [EMAIL PROTECTED]: On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 06:20:57PM -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote: To help out the perl team, I converted their up2date-ng script running to be purely automatic from cvs.g.o now, it will run daily at 01h52 UTC. Thanks. If you touch

Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: proj/en/perl/outdated-cpan-packages.xml automatic update

2008-10-02 Thread Robin H. Johnson
On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 07:33:11AM +0200, Torsten Veller wrote: * Robin H. Johnson [EMAIL PROTECTED]: On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 06:20:57PM -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote: To help out the perl team, I converted their up2date-ng script running to be purely automatic from cvs.g.o now, it will