Re: [Gimp-developer] Option to save images without embedded ICC profile

2010-03-04 Thread Sven Neumann
Hi, On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 16:33 -0600, Jason Simanek wrote: I understand that color management is complicated and probably not worth completely implementing until Gimp fully employs GEGL, but I think changing the menu so that File Image Mode Assign Color Profile sRGB ACTUALLY applies

Re: [Gimp-developer] Option to save images without embedded ICC profile

2010-03-04 Thread Jason Simanek
On 03/04/2010 02:14 AM, Sven Neumann wrote: The point of the current behavior is that you need to make an assumption if no profile is attached to an image. Otherwise you could not even display this image. Without a color profile or an assumption about the meaning of the RGB values it's just

[Gimp-developer] About the XCF format

2010-03-04 Thread Eduardo Barijan
So, I was thinking about an interesting matter: why the image viewer softwares doesn´t have support to XCF? Some linux file managers, like Thunar, have the thumbnails support. So what if I want to develop, or help developing, an image viewer, can I implement the XCF format? And if yes, where may I

Re: [Gimp-developer] About the XCF format

2010-03-04 Thread Alexandre Prokoudine
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Eduardo Barijan wrote: So, I was thinking about an interesting matter: why the image viewer softwares doesn´t have support to XCF? Some linux file managers, like Thunar, have the thumbnails support. So what if I want to develop, or help developing, an image

Re: [Gimp-developer] Option to save images without embedded ICC profile

2010-03-04 Thread Omari Stephens
On 03/04/2010 02:13 PM, Jason Simanek wrote: On 03/04/2010 02:14 AM, Sven Neumann wrote: The point of the current behavior is that you need to make an assumption if no profile is attached to an image. Otherwise you could not even display this image. Without a color profile or an assumption

[Gimp-developer] GIMP distributing sRGB profiles: license issues?

2010-03-04 Thread Omari Stephens
Hi, all. I just finished v1 of the patch to add the sRGB ICCv2 profiles to the GIMP distribution. They're 3kB each, so size shouldn't be an issue. The main question is one of licensing. I believe the license allows us to distribute the profiles, but IANAL. I'd appreciate if someone who

Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP distributing sRGB profiles: license issues?

2010-03-04 Thread Graeme Gill
Omari Stephens wrote: Hi, all. I just finished v1 of the patch to add the sRGB ICCv2 profiles to the GIMP distribution. They're 3kB each, so size shouldn't be an issue. The main question is one of licensing. I believe the license allows us to distribute the profiles, but IANAL. As I

Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP distributing sRGB profiles: license issues?

2010-03-04 Thread Sven Neumann
On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 19:49 +, Omari Stephens wrote: Hi, all. I just finished v1 of the patch to add the sRGB ICCv2 profiles to the GIMP distribution. They're 3kB each, so size shouldn't be an issue. The main question is one of licensing. I believe the license allows us to

[Gimp-developer] gimp shouldn´t save if no chang es were made( trivial idea )

2010-03-04 Thread Luiz Felipe Moraes Pereira
Hi, I was advised to post these kind of ideas to developer mailing lists, so here I am. The link to the original post in bugzilla is below: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=611765 What do you think of this? Also sorry again Sven ___

[Gimp-developer] remove layer should not force you to last selected layer

2010-03-04 Thread Luiz Felipe Moraes Pereira
Hi again, the original discussion is in the link below: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=611758 I was advised to present this idea here, what do you think? Also I do not mind much about not having a selected layer after the deletion of a layer. But the forced viewer scroll down( or up

Re: [Gimp-developer] remove layer should not force you to last selected layer

2010-03-04 Thread Rob Antonishen
Once I was used to the behaviour I found it quite useful. If I need to delete a number of consecutive layers, I select the top or bottom one then use the down or up arrow to walk through the layers I want deleted then click the delete button repeatedly. However, even knowing it and leveraging it,

Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp shouldn´t save if no chang es were made( trivial idea )

2010-03-04 Thread Liam R E Quin
On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 23:14 -0300, Luiz Felipe Moraes Pereira wrote: Hi, I was advised to post these kind of ideas to developer mailing lists, so here I am. The link to the original post in bugzilla is below: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=611765 What do you think of this?

Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp shouldn´t save if no chang es were made( trivial idea )

2010-03-04 Thread Luiz Felipe Moraes Pereira
I see your point...haven´t thought of it, thanks buddy. Now if someone cames with the same idea I can answer accordingly Em Qui, 2010-03-04 às 21:50 -0500, Liam R E Quin escreveu: On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 23:14 -0300, Luiz Felipe Moraes Pereira wrote: Hi, I was advised to post these kind of ideas

Re: [Gimp-developer] Option to save images without embedded ICC profile

2010-03-04 Thread Jason Simanek
On 03/04/2010 05:58 PM, Patrick Horgan wrote: On 03/03/10 11:19, Jason Simanek wrote: That's not true in my experience. Yes, sRGB should be as good as NOT having a profile since sRGB is the ASSUMED color space on most computersy. But Gimp still adds a color profile to the image: an sRGB color

Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP distributing sRGB profiles: license issues?

2010-03-04 Thread Omari Stephens
On 03/04/2010 09:01 PM, Sven Neumann wrote: On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 19:49 +, Omari Stephens wrote: Hi, all. I just finished v1 of the patch to add the sRGB ICCv2 profiles to the GIMP distribution. They're 3kB each, so size shouldn't be an issue. The main question is one of licensing. I