Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop “compatibility” mode

2011-01-31 Thread Christopher Curtis
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Liam R E Quin l...@holoweb.net wrote: I'm actually Ok with this. But we have to agree what we mean by peer applications - I'd say gimp and inkscape are, for example, and not gimp and photoshop. So your argument is that on the Software Spectrum GIMP is not a

Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop “compatibility” mode

2011-01-31 Thread Jon Nordby
On 31 January 2011 17:33, Christopher Curtis ccurt...@gmail.com wrote: On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Liam R E Quin l...@holoweb.net wrote: I'm actually Ok with this. But we have to agree what we mean by peer applications - I'd say gimp and inkscape are, for example, and not gimp and

[Gimp-developer] Fwd: Photoshop “compatibility” mode

2011-01-31 Thread Chris Mohler
Forgot to reply-all... -- Forwarded message -- From: Chris Mohler cr33...@gmail.com Date: Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop “compatibility” mode To: Christopher Curtis ccurt...@gmail.com On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Christopher Curtis

Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop “compatibility” mode

2011-01-31 Thread Alexandre Prokoudine
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Christopher Curtis wrote: On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote: I'm actually Ok with this. But we have to agree what we mean by peer applications - I'd say gimp and inkscape are, for example, and not gimp and photoshop. So your argument is

Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop“compatibility” mode

2011-01-31 Thread Michael Grosberg
Christopher Curtis ccurtis0 at gmail.com writes: I don't know if you're intentionally setting up a stawman here, but inkscape is a vector editor, blender is a 3D modeler, and gedit is a text editor. These applications aren't in the same domain as GIMP and MyPaint. Don't dismiss it so

Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop “compatibility” mode

2011-01-31 Thread Christopher Curtis
Let me start off by saying that this conversion is exasperating, and this will likely be my last message on the topic. Firstly, let me define peer group: Any set of applications that interpret data in a specific way and allows the user to view or manipulate said interpretation in any specific

Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop “compatibility” mode

2011-01-31 Thread Bogdan Szczurek
Actually, I intended this thread to be about “Photoshop «compatibility» mode” (quotation marks to emphasize that I meant only particular kind of compatibility :)). I'm afraid the conversation went a bit off-topic since I didn't suggested changes in _default_ shortcuts scheme for GIMP. What I

Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop ?compatibility? mode

2011-01-31 Thread gespert...@gmail.com
And all this conversation is because you think CTRL+Backspace makes more sense than CTRL+. (because you're used to that combination) and you don't want to take 30 seconds of your time to personalize the accelerators? Seriously? GIMP accelerators are customizable using a visible option from the

Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop ?compatibility? mode

2011-01-31 Thread Christopher Curtis
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM, gespert...@gmail.com gespert...@gmail.com wrote: And all this conversation is because you think CTRL+Backspace makes more sense than CTRL+. (because you're used to that combination) and you don't want to take 30 seconds of your time to personalize the

Re: [Gimp-developer] Photoshop “compatibility” mode

2011-01-31 Thread Jon Cruz
On Jan 30, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote: On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 01:43 +0100, Bogdan Szczurek wrote: The thing is, that we concluded that permamenet transition or even occasional use of Gimp would be much more appealing for Ps-bred guys (like me ;)) if one would have possibility to