[Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread maderios
Hi State of mind ... I am willing to change things if it is an improvement but if the change causes a regression, I do not see the point unless I was masochistic. For people to understand: I spent a lot of time experimenting on my Linux system new programs, new functions, with bugs. It was

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Simon Budig
maderios (mader...@gmail.com) wrote: Developers gentlemen, thank you for listening to the users who actually use Gimp to work. Listen to their needs. Practice, there is all that counts and not the theoretical ideas completely divorced from reality. We got a lot of negative feedback,

[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Uglyjon
I have downloaded Gimp 2.8, But when i try to open it, Gimp stops loading at about 85%, then a message box pops up. GNU MANIPULATION PROGRAM in the box it sates, GNU manipulation program has stopped working close the program and Windows will look for problem. Can anyone help?. What is the

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread maderios
On 09/10/2012 06:19 PM, Simon Budig wrote: maderios (mader...@gmail.com) wrote: Developers gentlemen, thank you for listening to the users who actually use Gimp to work. Listen to their needs. Practice, there is all that counts and not the theoretical ideas completely divorced from reality.

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Simon Budig
maderios (mader...@gmail.com) wrote: Because you're not dealing with reality. This is the problem of amateurs who create software professional vocation. See? This is what I was referring to. Bye, Simon -- si...@budig.de http://simon.budig.de/

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Alexandre Prokoudine
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM, maderios wrote: On 09/10/2012 06:19 PM, Simon Budig wrote: We got a lot of negative feedback, unfortunately most of it was incoherent write-only-rambling, which makes it hard to listen to. If you're masochistic, go to the gimp-devel archives and read the

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread maderios
On 09/10/2012 06:32 PM, Simon Budig wrote: maderios (mader...@gmail.com) wrote: Because you're not dealing with reality. This is the problem of amateurs who create software professional vocation. See? This is what I was referring to. Historically, tools and software are improved by

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Ken Warner
Just because the English doesn't meet your standards doesn't mean the viewpoint is invalid. And maybe your refusal to see the thought in the message is the root of the discord. On 9/10/2012 9:32 AM, Simon Budig wrote: maderios (mader...@gmail.com) wrote: Because you're not dealing with

[Gimp-user] Latest update on Debian Sid

2012-09-10 Thread Frank McCormick
Debian updated GIMP this morning (2.8.2) and I notice that after cropping an image, the crop lines remain on the picture. Is this a bug or a feature ? ___ gimp-user-list mailing list gimp-user-list@gnome.org

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Simon Budig
Ken Warner (kwarner...@verizon.net) wrote: And your insistence that your design decisions are right even while the user community tells you otherwise is strictly amateur. See, here you're disregarding my assertion that we got a lot of positive feedback, Alexandre even pointed to a small part of

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Rob Antonishen
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Ken Warner kwarner...@verizon.net wrote: You know, like Forest Gump says [paraphrased] Amateur is as amateur does. And your insistence that your design decisions are right even while the user community tells you otherwise is strictly amateur. And your

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Alexandre Prokoudine
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Bruno wrote: I wonder, who gave you credentials to speak in the name of the community? Bruno, We are dealing with the it stands to reason kind of logic. It isn't possible to argue against it. You can laugh at it, or you can ignore it. That's pretty much all

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread bruno
On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 21:15:08 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote: On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Bruno wrote: I wonder, who gave you credentials to speak in the name of the community? Bruno, We are dealing with the it stands to reason kind of logic. It isn't possible to argue

Re: [Gimp-user] Latest update on Debian Sid

2012-09-10 Thread Michael Natterer
On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 12:57 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote: Debian updated GIMP this morning (2.8.2) and I notice that after cropping an image, the crop lines remain on the picture. Is this a bug or a feature ? Do you mean the rectangle select lines after you say crop to selection? If you mean

[Gimp-user] GIMP for Android

2012-09-10 Thread Sergii Pylypenko
Hi. Android users might be interested in this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cuntubuntu sources are here: https://github.com/pelya/cuntubuntu It's a Debian/Ubuntu environment, launched on Android inside fakechroot session, the GIMP is pre-installed, and is the only application

[Gimp-user] Gimp gets to cache then crashes

2012-09-10 Thread Glamorous Melodie
I'm using a Windows 7 hp pavillon dv6-6c35dx 64bit laptop and every time I try to open Gimp it crashes and states the following. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: gimp-2.8.exe Application Version:2.8.0.0 Application Timestamp: 4fa52a0b Fault Module

[Gimp-user] Cannot use function file-pdf-save-multi

2012-09-10 Thread Louis
Hello, I am having a problem with function file-pdf-save-multi(). # What I am trying to do I am trying to render a list of several XCF files into a single PDF, each XCF file being rendered as a page of the output document. I have a first version, which works, but it uses

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Daniel Hauck
I too have ranted about this topic. Not to get into it again, I would like to point out a couple of things: 1. This change doesn't remove functionality. It only moves it. 2. This is not a show-stopper in any sense of the word. and sorta 3. Someone has created some sort of script which

Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

2012-09-10 Thread Oon-Ee Ng
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com wrote: We just did something some people don't like. Therefore for them the rest doesn't matter and probably doesn't even exist. Hence all the talks about reaility. 'Probably doesn't even exist' is probably