Re: [PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Fix spelling mistake

2018-08-22 Thread Bhaskar Singh
On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 11:16:36AM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote: > On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 07:14:28AM +0530, Bhaskar Singh wrote: > > This patch fix spelling mistakes in TODO. > > > > Btw, it helps when you say which word you're changing, otherwise it > takes a while to

[PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Fix spelling mistake

2018-08-20 Thread Bhaskar Singh
This patch fix spelling mistakes in TODO. Signed-off-by: Bhaskar Singh --- drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/TODO | 2 +- 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-) diff --git a/drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/TODO b/drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/TODO index 7581e25f231d..5faa0a9bba25 100644 --- a/drivers

[PATCH v2] staging: rtl8188eu: Removed code valid for 5GHz

2018-08-20 Thread Bhaskar Singh
This patch removes support for channels > 14. That is from the TODO which says: -find and remove remaining code valid only for 5HGz. Most of obvious ones have been removed, but things like channel > 14 still exist. Signed-off-by: Bhaskar Singh --- Changes in v2:

[PATCH v2] staging: rtl8188eu: Removed a function and coded inline

2018-08-20 Thread Bhaskar Singh
This patch removed function named rtw_malloc2d. I removed this function because this function is used exactly once and function call have some overhead also. Maybe this will improve code runtime slightly. Signed-off-by: Bhaskar Singh --- Changes in v2: - Incorporated comments from Dan

Re: [PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Removed a function and coded inline

2018-08-20 Thread Bhaskar Singh
On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 12:35:46PM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote: > On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 12:36:40AM +0530, Bhaskar Singh wrote: > > This patch removed function named rtw_malloc2d. > > > > I removed this function because this function is used exactly once and > > funct

Re: [PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Removed code valid for 5GHz

2018-08-20 Thread Bhaskar Singh
On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 12:50:43PM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote: > On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 01:17:29PM +0530, Bhaskar Singh wrote: > > This patch removed code which are valid for IEEE 802.11a i.e. 5GHz. > > I would be uncomfortable accepting this kind of change without an Ack > fr

[PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Removed unneeded variable

2018-08-19 Thread Bhaskar Singh
This patch removed unneeded variable named ret because this variable is used only to return 0. Signed-off-by: Bhaskar Singh --- drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/os_dep/ioctl_linux.c | 4 ++-- 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-) diff --git a/drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/os_dep/ioctl_linux.c

[PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Removed a function and coded inline

2018-08-18 Thread Bhaskar Singh
This patch removed function named rtw_malloc2d. I removed this function because this function is used exactly once and function call have some overhead also. Maybe this will improve code runtime slightly. Signed-off-by: Bhaskar Singh --- drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/core/rtw_efuse.c| 10

Re: [PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Type cast function argument

2018-08-18 Thread Bhaskar Singh
On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 10:33:31PM +0800, zhong jiang wrote: > On 2018/8/18 22:24, Bhaskar Singh wrote: > > This patch might suppress some warrning. > > > > The function prototype of rtw_malloc2d is > > > > void *rtw_malloc2d(int h, int w, int size)

[PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Type cast function argument

2018-08-18 Thread Bhaskar Singh
This patch might suppress some warrning. The function prototype of rtw_malloc2d is void *rtw_malloc2d(int h, int w, int size) This patch also resolves the checkpatch.pl warning WARNING: line over 80 characters Signed-off-by: Bhaskar Singh --- drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/core/rtw_efuse.c | 3

[PATCH] kernel: Add spaces around '=' operator

2018-08-17 Thread Bhaskar Singh
This patch fixes the checkpatch.pl ERROR: ERROR: spaces required around that '==' (ctx:VxV) Signed-off-by: Bhaskar Singh --- kernel/acct.c | 2 +- 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-) diff --git a/kernel/acct.c b/kernel/acct.c index addf7732fb56..6dc0a55b575c 100644 --- a/kernel

[PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Removed unnecessary parentheses

2018-08-17 Thread Bhaskar Singh
-off-by: Bhaskar Singh --- drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/core/rtw_ap.c | 2 +- 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-) diff --git a/drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/core/rtw_ap.c b/drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/core/rtw_ap.c index 676d549ef786..e611eda11b5f 100644 --- a/drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/core

[PATCH] staging: rtl8188eu: Removed code valid for 5GHz

2018-08-17 Thread Bhaskar Singh
This patch removed code which are valid for IEEE 802.11a i.e. 5GHz. This is also mention in the TODO file. Signed-off-by: Bhaskar Singh --- drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/core/rtw_ieee80211.c | 8 +--- 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 7 deletions(-) diff --git a/drivers/staging/rtl8188eu/core