Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Uwe Ade
Hey Marc,

as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. After 
our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 2012 64 
bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files below works 
on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question



test_mp3.lyx
Description: Binary data


Movie_include_success.lyx
Description: Binary data


uwe


Am 17.03.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Marc Wijnand marc.wijn...@ugent.be:

 Hello
 
 I am using Lyx 1.6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I would like to embed videos in a 
 presentation. The video format could be anything (avi, mov, ...). I tried a 
 lot of things such as using the movie15 package.
 I found out that you have to be careful with the video's location (full 
 path), in order to successfully compile the pdf presentation, but I don't see 
 anything in the location where the video should be.
 Where could I find more (correct) information about this problem?
 
 Yours sincerely,
 Marc Wijnand



Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Liviu Andronic
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade uwe@gmx.de wrote:
 Hey Marc,

 as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. After 
 our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 2012 64 
 bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files below 
 works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question

Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.

Liviu





 uwe


 Am 17.03.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Marc Wijnand marc.wijn...@ugent.be:

 Hello

 I am using Lyx 1.6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I would like to embed videos in 
 a presentation. The video format could be anything (avi, mov, ...). I tried 
 a lot of things such as using the movie15 package.
 I found out that you have to be careful with the video's location (full 
 path), in order to successfully compile the pdf presentation, but I don't 
 see anything in the location where the video should be.
 Where could I find more (correct) information about this problem?

 Yours sincerely,
 Marc Wijnand





-- 
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
Do you know how to write?
http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail


Re: Article (Koma-Script), change the footer in the titlepage

2013-03-19 Thread Lukas Koch
Maybe I failed to explain it properly.

I already have the page numbering in the center footer, not the way Waiuyo
suggested but also working. I also tried it the way Waiuyo suggested it,
but it got me the same problem:

Everywhere the page numbering is in the center footing, as I adjusted it,
exept for the title page... that is my problem :)

thanks in advance!


2013/3/18 Waluyo Adi Siswanto was.u...@gmail.com

 You can try the following in your latex preamble (Document Settings)

 \lhead{}
 \chead{}
 \rhead{}
 \lfoot{}
 \cfoot{\thepage}
 \rfoot{}

 regards
 waluyo

 On 19 March 2013 05:05, Lukas Koch lukik...@gmail.com wrote:
  Hello!
 
  I have the simple problem, that the footer in the titleplage of the
  document-class article (KOMA-Script) is in the right corner, but I would
  like to have it in the middle... how do I do this?
 
  I use the pagage fancyhdr to define my headings and footings.
 
  Thanks a lot!
 
  Lukas Koch



Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Scott Kostyshak
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Liviu Andronic landronim...@gmail.com wrote:
 On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade uwe@gmx.de wrote:
 Hey Marc,

 as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. 
 After our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 
 2012 64 bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files 
 below works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question

 Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
 you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
 I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.

I don't think one exists.
The final PDF can be viewed in current Adobe Readers on MS Windows and
other platforms. On Unix platforms including Linux, however, support of Flash,
video and sound was discontinued at Reader version 9.4.2, probably for security
reasons. On tablets and phones running Android or iOS, ezPDF Reader was
reported to play video and sound files embedded with ‘media9’.

texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/latex/media9/media9.pdf

If I wanted to do something like this, I think I would look into HTML 5 slides.

Scott


Re: Activate/Deactivate Banches from Masterdokument

2013-03-19 Thread Guenter Milde
On 2013-03-18, Uwe Ade wrote:
 Hallo Jürgen,

 hmm, I didn´t get the branches to work. I define the branches in den
 the masters. In Dokument/Einstellungen/Unterdokumente they are a
 listed. No I make a branch called Zusatzinfo in the Mastedocument.  I
 found no way, to make this branch visible in the Child-Document. 

You need to create the branches in both, master and child. If the name is
the same, they are linked:

* the active/inactive setting in the child is used if the child document is
  compiled separately.  
  
* the active/inactive setting in the master overrides the child-setting if
  the master document is compiled.
  
This is useful for parts you want to have in the child document if compiled
separately but not if it is included (e.g. math-macro definitions or the
bibliography).


Create a Zusatzinfo branch also in the child and try how it works.

Günter  
  



Re: Activate/Deactivate Banches from Masterdokument

2013-03-19 Thread Jürgen Spitzmüller
2013/3/19 Guenter Milde:
 On 2013-03-18, Uwe Ade wrote:
 Hallo Jürgen,

 hmm, I didn´t get the branches to work. I define the branches in den
 the masters. In Dokument/Einstellungen/Unterdokumente they are a
 listed. No I make a branch called Zusatzinfo in the Mastedocument.  I
 found no way, to make this branch visible in the Child-Document.

 You need to create the branches in both, master and child. If the name is
 the same, they are linked:

Actually, you do not need to do this. If you define a branch in the
master, it is inherited by the child (also its state). You need to
set the master in the child, though (Document  Settings  Class 
Default Master).

Jürgen


Re: Enumitem seems not to work when one file is included in another

2013-03-19 Thread Richard Heck

On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org 
mailto:rgh...@lyx.org wrote:


On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

Hi,

I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1 http://2.0.5.1:
using enumitem in an included file inside another does not appear
to work.

For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another file
of the same class, with the enumitem module loaded.

When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the PDF
without a problem. When this file is included in another LyX file
(also of class article, with the enumitem module loaded), a
bunch of LaTeX errors occur:

Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname.

I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is there
a workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing something wrong?


You have to load the enumitem module in the master document. If
it's only in the child, the master does not see it.

rh


I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the 
enumitem module. I then included in that master file the child 
document. As soon as I removed the enumitem module from the child, LyX 
gave me four Layout not found errors, specifically relating to the 
enumitem-resume layout. The PDF then builds, but (a) includes a page 
break before the child document, and (b) does not actually use any of 
the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are stock-standard.


Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the module in 
the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited by children. 
There is a reason for this (the fact that what is a child can also be 
used not as a child), although I agree that it is counter-intuitive.


Richard



How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Alex Vergara Gil
Hello LyXers!
Hello Developers!

I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll 
(actually I need to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to do 
this? What is the best approach in this case. 

Basically I need to place some text boxes (for the user to write something), a 
few Comboboxes (for the user to select a single option) and some Radio/Check 
Groups (for the user to select one/many among some options).

Thanks for your time
Best Regards

Alex Vergara Gil
MSc Nuclear Physics
SSDL, CPHR, Havana, Cuba
http://www.cphr.edu.cu




Re: Enumitem seems not to work when one file is included in another

2013-03-19 Thread Nick Fort
On 19 March 2013 15:01, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org wrote:

  On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

  On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org wrote:

   On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

 Hi,

  I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1: using enumitem in an
 included file inside another does not appear to work.

  For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
 http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another file of the
 same class, with the enumitem module loaded.

  When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the PDF without
 a problem. When this file is included in another LyX file (also of class
 article, with the enumitem module loaded), a bunch of LaTeX errors occur:

  Missing \endcsname inserted.
 Extra \endcsname.

  I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is there a
 workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

You have to load the enumitem module in the master document. If it's
 only in the child, the master does not see it.

 rh


   I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the enumitem
 module. I then included in that master file the child document. As soon as
 I removed the enumitem module from the child, LyX gave me four Layout not
 found errors, specifically relating to the enumitem-resume layout. The PDF
 then builds, but (a) includes a page break before the child document, and
 (b) does not actually use any of the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are
 stock-standard.

   Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the module in
 the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited by children. There
 is a reason for this (the fact that what is a child can also be used not as
 a child), although I agree that it is counter-intuitive.

 Richard


Sorry, I actually got what you meant some time after I sent that reply.
Indeed, I remember LyX throwing an error when I tried to load a module
child in a no-module parent. I also now see that the files I attached were
wrong. Sigh -- sorry about that!

What I should have stated more clearly is that what you say (module in
parent and child) is what I tried initially when I got the

Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname.

If you have a look at the files I've attached now, does it build for you,
or do you also get the endcsname error?

Thanks,
Nick


enumitem_child_with_module.lyx
Description: Binary data


parent_with_module_load_child_with_module.lyx
Description: Binary data


Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Liviu Andronic
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Alex Vergara Gil a...@cphr.edu.cu wrote:
 Hello LyXers!
 Hello Developers!

 I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll
 (actually I need to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to do
 this? What is the best approach in this case.

I'm curious how this could be done, but wouldn't it be easier to use
an internet service like SurveyMonkey or limesurvey?

Liviu



 Basically I need to place some text boxes (for the user to write something),
 a few Comboboxes (for the user to select a single option) and some
 Radio/Check Groups (for the user to select one/many among some options).

 Thanks for your time
 Best Regards

 Alex Vergara Gil
 MSc Nuclear Physics
 SSDL, CPHR, Havana, Cuba
 http://www.cphr.edu.cu






-- 
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
Do you know how to write?
http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail


Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Alex Vergara Gil
- Original Message - 
From: Liviu Andronic landronim...@gmail.com

Subject: Re: How to create a pdf template?


On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Alex Vergara Gil a...@cphr.edu.cu 
wrote:


I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll
(actually I need to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to 
do

this? What is the best approach in this case.


I'm curious how this could be done, but wouldn't it be easier to use
an internet service like SurveyMonkey or limesurvey?

Liviu



I live in Cuba so I have very little internet bandwith, so I prefer 
something out of line, if were possible: LyX! I know people can use adobe 
acrobat to do this and I have seen many pdf in this form, but I want to 
learn how to do this in LaTeX (prefereable LyX) because I don´t want to buy 
adobe´s licence (and actually I can´t because some law restrictions - See 
cuban embargo law).


Regards
Alex 



Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Rainer M Krug
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA1

On 19/03/13 17:00, Alex Vergara Gil wrote:
 - Original Message - From: Liviu Andronic landronim...@gmail.com 
 Subject: Re: How
 to create a pdf template?
 
 
 On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Alex Vergara Gil a...@cphr.edu.cu wrote:
 
 I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll 
 (actually I need
 to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to do this? What is 
 the best approach
 in this case.
 
 I'm curious how this could be done, but wouldn't it be easier to use an 
 internet service like
 SurveyMonkey or limesurvey?
 
 Liviu
 
 
 I live in Cuba so I have very little internet bandwith, so I prefer something 
 out of line, if
 were possible: LyX! I know people can use adobe acrobat to do this and I have 
 seen many pdf in
 this form, but I want to learn how to do this in LaTeX (prefereable LyX) 
 because I don´t want
 to buy adobe´s licence (and actually I can´t because some law restrictions - 
 See cuban embargo
 law).

As a starting point: 
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/14842/creating-fillable-pdfs

but also:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/pdf-forms-tutorial

And as an example:

http://martin-thoma.com/creating-pdf-forms-with-latex/

I am quite sure that you have to use ert in Lyx.

Cheers,

Rainer

 
 Regards Alex


- -- 
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, 
UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :   +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:   +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :   +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):+49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:  rai...@krugs.de

Skype:  RMkrug
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJRSIQcAAoJENvXNx4PUvmC7ecIAKN15sMBEWfimOlxhBsX7ZS3
kWGuNIcRESWn5pdTQdG2SU/E4nXyUVT3dW3lUoyw5dEIjvMloSrsNe7lcHaOJZd3
Nryxvbx96Y8L5gbrm6c1uGEgz3Si00HEVRz8DXhNbKC2q+lvGJqLgr0vUsXmCFYy
dHa52aIWHQKtcCEV1Ixqhiy4UObbMydLqF2U3ODt1PGHm2NmsBYfPaiE5jRicvz4
AA5gjC4ar2kQtKgLYnrs8akmWq8OQML/e17bML9tnUOaCAMYydpwRdyrZhmiIY5L
tdwdqQ0GvbsvYM2aX8dMqFd+MT9mXc279a1T8djFgzNSHEB3Zjlyost0aw/hy3k=
=+OED
-END PGP SIGNATURE-


[BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Richard Heck

On 03/19/2013 09:20 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
On 19 March 2013 15:01, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org 
mailto:rgh...@lyx.org wrote:


On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org
mailto:rgh...@lyx.org wrote:

On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

Hi,

I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1
http://2.0.5.1: using enumitem in an included file inside
another does not appear to work.

For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another
file of the same class, with the enumitem module loaded.

When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the
PDF without a problem. When this file is included in another
LyX file (also of class article, with the enumitem module
loaded), a bunch of LaTeX errors occur:

Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname.

I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is
there a workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing
something wrong?


You have to load the enumitem module in the master document.
If it's only in the child, the master does not see it.

rh


I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the
enumitem module. I then included in that master file the child
document. As soon as I removed the enumitem module from the
child, LyX gave me four Layout not found errors, specifically
relating to the enumitem-resume layout. The PDF then builds, but
(a) includes a page break before the child document, and (b) does
not actually use any of the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are
stock-standard.


Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the
module in the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited
by children. There is a reason for this (the fact that what is a
child can also be used not as a child), although I agree that it
is counter-intuitive.

Richard


Sorry, I actually got what you meant some time after I sent that 
reply. Indeed, I remember LyX throwing an error when I tried to load a 
module child in a no-module parent. I also now see that the files I 
attached were wrong. Sigh -- sorry about that!


What I should have stated more clearly is that what you say (module in 
parent and child) is what I tried initially when I got the


Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname.

If you have a look at the files I've attached now, does it build for 
you, or do you also get the endcsname error?




OK, so I have finally found the bug. The problem is that we are 
outputting this code:


Itemize, Enumeration, and Description lists may have an optional arguments.
If the optional argument contains special characters (e.g. the backslash),
put it in an ERT box.
\begin{enumerate}[\selectlanguage{british}%
labelindent=\parindent,leftmargin=*,label=\Roman*.,widest=IV,align=left 
\selectlanguage{english}%

]
\item  An enumeration
\item with left-aligned roman
\item numbering
\item 1of items.
\end{enumerate}

Note the language change. This would appear to be because the two files 
use different languages. We obviously should not be outputting that in 
this case.


Can you file a bug about this?

Richard



Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Alex Vergara Gil


As a starting point: 
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/14842/creating-fillable-pdfs


but also:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/pdf-forms-tutorial

And as an example:

http://martin-thoma.com/creating-pdf-forms-with-latex/



WOW! Very nice example. It is just be needed to add hyperref support as 
Kornel says:


1.) enable hyperref in document settings Document-Settings-PDF 
options-use package hyperref


2.) in ERT add on appropriate place



add ERT as in the example from:

begin{Form}[action=mailtoi...@example.com,encoding=html,method=post]
 to
end{Form}




I am quite sure that you have to use ert in Lyx.


This is not an issue, although it would be nice to have it on a module, but 
I can use it as it is now. Thank you all!




Cheers,

Rainer




Alex 



Re: [BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Jürgen Spitzmüller
2013/3/19 Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org:
 OK, so I have finally found the bug. The problem is that we are outputting
 this code:

 Itemize, Enumeration, and Description lists may have an optional arguments.
 If the optional argument contains special characters (e.g. the backslash),
 put it in an ERT box.
 \begin{enumerate}[\selectlanguage{british}%
 labelindent=\parindent,leftmargin=*,label=\Roman*.,widest=IV,align=left
 \selectlanguage{english}%
 ]
 \item  An enumeration
 \item with left-aligned roman
 \item numbering
 \item 1of items.
 \end{enumerate}

 Note the language change. This would appear to be because the two files use
 different languages. We obviously should not be outputting that in this
 case.

 Can you file a bug about this?

FWIW I have fixed some problems along this line in trunk.

Jürgen

 Richard



Re: [BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Richard Heck

On 03/19/2013 12:14 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

2013/3/19 Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org:

OK, so I have finally found the bug. The problem is that we are outputting
this code:

Itemize, Enumeration, and Description lists may have an optional arguments.
If the optional argument contains special characters (e.g. the backslash),
put it in an ERT box.
\begin{enumerate}[\selectlanguage{british}%
labelindent=\parindent,leftmargin=*,label=\Roman*.,widest=IV,align=left
\selectlanguage{english}%
]
\item  An enumeration
\item with left-aligned roman
\item numbering
\item 1of items.
\end{enumerate}

Note the language change. This would appear to be because the two files use
different languages. We obviously should not be outputting that in this
case.

Can you file a bug about this?

FWIW I have fixed some problems along this line in trunk.
If this one is fixed in trunk, we could leave it there. It's a pretty 
obscure bug.


rh



Re: [BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Jürgen Spitzmüller
2013/3/19 Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org:
 If this one is fixed in trunk, we could leave it there. It's a pretty
 obscure bug.

We need to check. If someone has a recipe for the bug, please test.

Jürgen

 rh



Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Uwe Ade
Hey,

for me it works mit Mac OS (Mountain Lion)

uwe


Am 19.03.2013 um 09:00 schrieb Liviu Andronic landronim...@gmail.com:

 On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade uwe@gmx.de wrote:
 Hey Marc,
 
 as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. 
 After our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 
 2012 64 bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files 
 below works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question
 
 Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
 you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
 I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.
 
 Liviu
 
 
 
 
 
 uwe
 
 
 Am 17.03.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Marc Wijnand marc.wijn...@ugent.be:
 
 Hello
 
 I am using Lyx 1.6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I would like to embed videos in 
 a presentation. The video format could be anything (avi, mov, ...). I tried 
 a lot of things such as using the movie15 package.
 I found out that you have to be careful with the video's location (full 
 path), in order to successfully compile the pdf presentation, but I don't 
 see anything in the location where the video should be.
 Where could I find more (correct) information about this problem?
 
 Yours sincerely,
 Marc Wijnand
 
 
 
 
 
 -- 
 Do you know how to read?
 http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
 http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
 Do you know how to write?
 http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail



Mac TeX for Mac OS 10.4

2013-03-19 Thread Alessia Lucconi

Dear friends,
where can I download Mac TeX for Mac OS 10.4 ?
I can't find the link on your website.

Thanks for your support, cheers.
Alessia


Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Uwe Ade
Hey Marc,

as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. After 
our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 2012 64 
bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files below works 
on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question



test_mp3.lyx
Description: Binary data


Movie_include_success.lyx
Description: Binary data


uwe


Am 17.03.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Marc Wijnand marc.wijn...@ugent.be:

 Hello
 
 I am using Lyx 1.6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I would like to embed videos in a 
 presentation. The video format could be anything (avi, mov, ...). I tried a 
 lot of things such as using the movie15 package.
 I found out that you have to be careful with the video's location (full 
 path), in order to successfully compile the pdf presentation, but I don't see 
 anything in the location where the video should be.
 Where could I find more (correct) information about this problem?
 
 Yours sincerely,
 Marc Wijnand



Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Liviu Andronic
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade uwe@gmx.de wrote:
 Hey Marc,

 as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. After 
 our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 2012 64 
 bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files below 
 works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question

Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.

Liviu





 uwe


 Am 17.03.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Marc Wijnand marc.wijn...@ugent.be:

 Hello

 I am using Lyx 1.6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I would like to embed videos in 
 a presentation. The video format could be anything (avi, mov, ...). I tried 
 a lot of things such as using the movie15 package.
 I found out that you have to be careful with the video's location (full 
 path), in order to successfully compile the pdf presentation, but I don't 
 see anything in the location where the video should be.
 Where could I find more (correct) information about this problem?

 Yours sincerely,
 Marc Wijnand





-- 
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
Do you know how to write?
http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail


Re: Article (Koma-Script), change the footer in the titlepage

2013-03-19 Thread Lukas Koch
Maybe I failed to explain it properly.

I already have the page numbering in the center footer, not the way Waiuyo
suggested but also working. I also tried it the way Waiuyo suggested it,
but it got me the same problem:

Everywhere the page numbering is in the center footing, as I adjusted it,
exept for the title page... that is my problem :)

thanks in advance!


2013/3/18 Waluyo Adi Siswanto was.u...@gmail.com

 You can try the following in your latex preamble (Document Settings)

 \lhead{}
 \chead{}
 \rhead{}
 \lfoot{}
 \cfoot{\thepage}
 \rfoot{}

 regards
 waluyo

 On 19 March 2013 05:05, Lukas Koch lukik...@gmail.com wrote:
  Hello!
 
  I have the simple problem, that the footer in the titleplage of the
  document-class article (KOMA-Script) is in the right corner, but I would
  like to have it in the middle... how do I do this?
 
  I use the pagage fancyhdr to define my headings and footings.
 
  Thanks a lot!
 
  Lukas Koch



Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Scott Kostyshak
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Liviu Andronic landronim...@gmail.com wrote:
 On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade uwe@gmx.de wrote:
 Hey Marc,

 as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. 
 After our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 
 2012 64 bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files 
 below works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question

 Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
 you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
 I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.

I don't think one exists.
The final PDF can be viewed in current Adobe Readers on MS Windows and
other platforms. On Unix platforms including Linux, however, support of Flash,
video and sound was discontinued at Reader version 9.4.2, probably for security
reasons. On tablets and phones running Android or iOS, ezPDF Reader was
reported to play video and sound files embedded with ‘media9’.

texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/latex/media9/media9.pdf

If I wanted to do something like this, I think I would look into HTML 5 slides.

Scott


Re: Activate/Deactivate Banches from Masterdokument

2013-03-19 Thread Guenter Milde
On 2013-03-18, Uwe Ade wrote:
 Hallo Jürgen,

 hmm, I didn´t get the branches to work. I define the branches in den
 the masters. In Dokument/Einstellungen/Unterdokumente they are a
 listed. No I make a branch called Zusatzinfo in the Mastedocument.  I
 found no way, to make this branch visible in the Child-Document. 

You need to create the branches in both, master and child. If the name is
the same, they are linked:

* the active/inactive setting in the child is used if the child document is
  compiled separately.  
  
* the active/inactive setting in the master overrides the child-setting if
  the master document is compiled.
  
This is useful for parts you want to have in the child document if compiled
separately but not if it is included (e.g. math-macro definitions or the
bibliography).


Create a Zusatzinfo branch also in the child and try how it works.

Günter  
  



Re: Activate/Deactivate Banches from Masterdokument

2013-03-19 Thread Jürgen Spitzmüller
2013/3/19 Guenter Milde:
 On 2013-03-18, Uwe Ade wrote:
 Hallo Jürgen,

 hmm, I didn´t get the branches to work. I define the branches in den
 the masters. In Dokument/Einstellungen/Unterdokumente they are a
 listed. No I make a branch called Zusatzinfo in the Mastedocument.  I
 found no way, to make this branch visible in the Child-Document.

 You need to create the branches in both, master and child. If the name is
 the same, they are linked:

Actually, you do not need to do this. If you define a branch in the
master, it is inherited by the child (also its state). You need to
set the master in the child, though (Document  Settings  Class 
Default Master).

Jürgen


Re: Enumitem seems not to work when one file is included in another

2013-03-19 Thread Richard Heck

On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org 
mailto:rgh...@lyx.org wrote:


On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

Hi,

I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1 http://2.0.5.1:
using enumitem in an included file inside another does not appear
to work.

For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another file
of the same class, with the enumitem module loaded.

When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the PDF
without a problem. When this file is included in another LyX file
(also of class article, with the enumitem module loaded), a
bunch of LaTeX errors occur:

Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname.

I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is there
a workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing something wrong?


You have to load the enumitem module in the master document. If
it's only in the child, the master does not see it.

rh


I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the 
enumitem module. I then included in that master file the child 
document. As soon as I removed the enumitem module from the child, LyX 
gave me four Layout not found errors, specifically relating to the 
enumitem-resume layout. The PDF then builds, but (a) includes a page 
break before the child document, and (b) does not actually use any of 
the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are stock-standard.


Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the module in 
the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited by children. 
There is a reason for this (the fact that what is a child can also be 
used not as a child), although I agree that it is counter-intuitive.


Richard



How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Alex Vergara Gil
Hello LyXers!
Hello Developers!

I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll 
(actually I need to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to do 
this? What is the best approach in this case. 

Basically I need to place some text boxes (for the user to write something), a 
few Comboboxes (for the user to select a single option) and some Radio/Check 
Groups (for the user to select one/many among some options).

Thanks for your time
Best Regards

Alex Vergara Gil
MSc Nuclear Physics
SSDL, CPHR, Havana, Cuba
http://www.cphr.edu.cu




Re: Enumitem seems not to work when one file is included in another

2013-03-19 Thread Nick Fort
On 19 March 2013 15:01, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org wrote:

  On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

  On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org wrote:

   On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

 Hi,

  I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1: using enumitem in an
 included file inside another does not appear to work.

  For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
 http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another file of the
 same class, with the enumitem module loaded.

  When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the PDF without
 a problem. When this file is included in another LyX file (also of class
 article, with the enumitem module loaded), a bunch of LaTeX errors occur:

  Missing \endcsname inserted.
 Extra \endcsname.

  I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is there a
 workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

You have to load the enumitem module in the master document. If it's
 only in the child, the master does not see it.

 rh


   I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the enumitem
 module. I then included in that master file the child document. As soon as
 I removed the enumitem module from the child, LyX gave me four Layout not
 found errors, specifically relating to the enumitem-resume layout. The PDF
 then builds, but (a) includes a page break before the child document, and
 (b) does not actually use any of the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are
 stock-standard.

   Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the module in
 the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited by children. There
 is a reason for this (the fact that what is a child can also be used not as
 a child), although I agree that it is counter-intuitive.

 Richard


Sorry, I actually got what you meant some time after I sent that reply.
Indeed, I remember LyX throwing an error when I tried to load a module
child in a no-module parent. I also now see that the files I attached were
wrong. Sigh -- sorry about that!

What I should have stated more clearly is that what you say (module in
parent and child) is what I tried initially when I got the

Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname.

If you have a look at the files I've attached now, does it build for you,
or do you also get the endcsname error?

Thanks,
Nick


enumitem_child_with_module.lyx
Description: Binary data


parent_with_module_load_child_with_module.lyx
Description: Binary data


Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Liviu Andronic
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Alex Vergara Gil a...@cphr.edu.cu wrote:
 Hello LyXers!
 Hello Developers!

 I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll
 (actually I need to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to do
 this? What is the best approach in this case.

I'm curious how this could be done, but wouldn't it be easier to use
an internet service like SurveyMonkey or limesurvey?

Liviu



 Basically I need to place some text boxes (for the user to write something),
 a few Comboboxes (for the user to select a single option) and some
 Radio/Check Groups (for the user to select one/many among some options).

 Thanks for your time
 Best Regards

 Alex Vergara Gil
 MSc Nuclear Physics
 SSDL, CPHR, Havana, Cuba
 http://www.cphr.edu.cu






-- 
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
Do you know how to write?
http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail


Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Alex Vergara Gil
- Original Message - 
From: Liviu Andronic landronim...@gmail.com

Subject: Re: How to create a pdf template?


On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Alex Vergara Gil a...@cphr.edu.cu 
wrote:


I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll
(actually I need to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to 
do

this? What is the best approach in this case.


I'm curious how this could be done, but wouldn't it be easier to use
an internet service like SurveyMonkey or limesurvey?

Liviu



I live in Cuba so I have very little internet bandwith, so I prefer 
something out of line, if were possible: LyX! I know people can use adobe 
acrobat to do this and I have seen many pdf in this form, but I want to 
learn how to do this in LaTeX (prefereable LyX) because I don´t want to buy 
adobe´s licence (and actually I can´t because some law restrictions - See 
cuban embargo law).


Regards
Alex 



Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Rainer M Krug
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA1

On 19/03/13 17:00, Alex Vergara Gil wrote:
 - Original Message - From: Liviu Andronic landronim...@gmail.com 
 Subject: Re: How
 to create a pdf template?
 
 
 On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Alex Vergara Gil a...@cphr.edu.cu wrote:
 
 I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll 
 (actually I need
 to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to do this? What is 
 the best approach
 in this case.
 
 I'm curious how this could be done, but wouldn't it be easier to use an 
 internet service like
 SurveyMonkey or limesurvey?
 
 Liviu
 
 
 I live in Cuba so I have very little internet bandwith, so I prefer something 
 out of line, if
 were possible: LyX! I know people can use adobe acrobat to do this and I have 
 seen many pdf in
 this form, but I want to learn how to do this in LaTeX (prefereable LyX) 
 because I don´t want
 to buy adobe´s licence (and actually I can´t because some law restrictions - 
 See cuban embargo
 law).

As a starting point: 
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/14842/creating-fillable-pdfs

but also:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/pdf-forms-tutorial

And as an example:

http://martin-thoma.com/creating-pdf-forms-with-latex/

I am quite sure that you have to use ert in Lyx.

Cheers,

Rainer

 
 Regards Alex


- -- 
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, 
UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :   +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:   +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :   +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):+49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:  rai...@krugs.de

Skype:  RMkrug
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJRSIQcAAoJENvXNx4PUvmC7ecIAKN15sMBEWfimOlxhBsX7ZS3
kWGuNIcRESWn5pdTQdG2SU/E4nXyUVT3dW3lUoyw5dEIjvMloSrsNe7lcHaOJZd3
Nryxvbx96Y8L5gbrm6c1uGEgz3Si00HEVRz8DXhNbKC2q+lvGJqLgr0vUsXmCFYy
dHa52aIWHQKtcCEV1Ixqhiy4UObbMydLqF2U3ODt1PGHm2NmsBYfPaiE5jRicvz4
AA5gjC4ar2kQtKgLYnrs8akmWq8OQML/e17bML9tnUOaCAMYydpwRdyrZhmiIY5L
tdwdqQ0GvbsvYM2aX8dMqFd+MT9mXc279a1T8djFgzNSHEB3Zjlyost0aw/hy3k=
=+OED
-END PGP SIGNATURE-


[BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Richard Heck

On 03/19/2013 09:20 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
On 19 March 2013 15:01, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org 
mailto:rgh...@lyx.org wrote:


On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org
mailto:rgh...@lyx.org wrote:

On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

Hi,

I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1
http://2.0.5.1: using enumitem in an included file inside
another does not appear to work.

For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another
file of the same class, with the enumitem module loaded.

When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the
PDF without a problem. When this file is included in another
LyX file (also of class article, with the enumitem module
loaded), a bunch of LaTeX errors occur:

Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname.

I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is
there a workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing
something wrong?


You have to load the enumitem module in the master document.
If it's only in the child, the master does not see it.

rh


I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the
enumitem module. I then included in that master file the child
document. As soon as I removed the enumitem module from the
child, LyX gave me four Layout not found errors, specifically
relating to the enumitem-resume layout. The PDF then builds, but
(a) includes a page break before the child document, and (b) does
not actually use any of the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are
stock-standard.


Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the
module in the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited
by children. There is a reason for this (the fact that what is a
child can also be used not as a child), although I agree that it
is counter-intuitive.

Richard


Sorry, I actually got what you meant some time after I sent that 
reply. Indeed, I remember LyX throwing an error when I tried to load a 
module child in a no-module parent. I also now see that the files I 
attached were wrong. Sigh -- sorry about that!


What I should have stated more clearly is that what you say (module in 
parent and child) is what I tried initially when I got the


Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname.

If you have a look at the files I've attached now, does it build for 
you, or do you also get the endcsname error?




OK, so I have finally found the bug. The problem is that we are 
outputting this code:


Itemize, Enumeration, and Description lists may have an optional arguments.
If the optional argument contains special characters (e.g. the backslash),
put it in an ERT box.
\begin{enumerate}[\selectlanguage{british}%
labelindent=\parindent,leftmargin=*,label=\Roman*.,widest=IV,align=left 
\selectlanguage{english}%

]
\item  An enumeration
\item with left-aligned roman
\item numbering
\item 1of items.
\end{enumerate}

Note the language change. This would appear to be because the two files 
use different languages. We obviously should not be outputting that in 
this case.


Can you file a bug about this?

Richard



Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Alex Vergara Gil


As a starting point: 
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/14842/creating-fillable-pdfs


but also:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/pdf-forms-tutorial

And as an example:

http://martin-thoma.com/creating-pdf-forms-with-latex/



WOW! Very nice example. It is just be needed to add hyperref support as 
Kornel says:


1.) enable hyperref in document settings Document-Settings-PDF 
options-use package hyperref


2.) in ERT add on appropriate place



add ERT as in the example from:

begin{Form}[action=mailtoi...@example.com,encoding=html,method=post]
 to
end{Form}




I am quite sure that you have to use ert in Lyx.


This is not an issue, although it would be nice to have it on a module, but 
I can use it as it is now. Thank you all!




Cheers,

Rainer




Alex 



Re: [BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Jürgen Spitzmüller
2013/3/19 Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org:
 OK, so I have finally found the bug. The problem is that we are outputting
 this code:

 Itemize, Enumeration, and Description lists may have an optional arguments.
 If the optional argument contains special characters (e.g. the backslash),
 put it in an ERT box.
 \begin{enumerate}[\selectlanguage{british}%
 labelindent=\parindent,leftmargin=*,label=\Roman*.,widest=IV,align=left
 \selectlanguage{english}%
 ]
 \item  An enumeration
 \item with left-aligned roman
 \item numbering
 \item 1of items.
 \end{enumerate}

 Note the language change. This would appear to be because the two files use
 different languages. We obviously should not be outputting that in this
 case.

 Can you file a bug about this?

FWIW I have fixed some problems along this line in trunk.

Jürgen

 Richard



Re: [BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Richard Heck

On 03/19/2013 12:14 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

2013/3/19 Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org:

OK, so I have finally found the bug. The problem is that we are outputting
this code:

Itemize, Enumeration, and Description lists may have an optional arguments.
If the optional argument contains special characters (e.g. the backslash),
put it in an ERT box.
\begin{enumerate}[\selectlanguage{british}%
labelindent=\parindent,leftmargin=*,label=\Roman*.,widest=IV,align=left
\selectlanguage{english}%
]
\item  An enumeration
\item with left-aligned roman
\item numbering
\item 1of items.
\end{enumerate}

Note the language change. This would appear to be because the two files use
different languages. We obviously should not be outputting that in this
case.

Can you file a bug about this?

FWIW I have fixed some problems along this line in trunk.
If this one is fixed in trunk, we could leave it there. It's a pretty 
obscure bug.


rh



Re: [BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Jürgen Spitzmüller
2013/3/19 Richard Heck rgh...@lyx.org:
 If this one is fixed in trunk, we could leave it there. It's a pretty
 obscure bug.

We need to check. If someone has a recipe for the bug, please test.

Jürgen

 rh



Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Uwe Ade
Hey,

for me it works mit Mac OS (Mountain Lion)

uwe


Am 19.03.2013 um 09:00 schrieb Liviu Andronic landronim...@gmail.com:

 On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade uwe@gmx.de wrote:
 Hey Marc,
 
 as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. 
 After our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 
 2012 64 bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files 
 below works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question
 
 Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
 you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
 I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.
 
 Liviu
 
 
 
 
 
 uwe
 
 
 Am 17.03.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Marc Wijnand marc.wijn...@ugent.be:
 
 Hello
 
 I am using Lyx 1.6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I would like to embed videos in 
 a presentation. The video format could be anything (avi, mov, ...). I tried 
 a lot of things such as using the movie15 package.
 I found out that you have to be careful with the video's location (full 
 path), in order to successfully compile the pdf presentation, but I don't 
 see anything in the location where the video should be.
 Where could I find more (correct) information about this problem?
 
 Yours sincerely,
 Marc Wijnand
 
 
 
 
 
 -- 
 Do you know how to read?
 http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
 http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
 Do you know how to write?
 http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail



Mac TeX for Mac OS 10.4

2013-03-19 Thread Alessia Lucconi

Dear friends,
where can I download Mac TeX for Mac OS 10.4 ?
I can't find the link on your website.

Thanks for your support, cheers.
Alessia


Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Uwe Ade
Hey Marc,

as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. After 
our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 2012 64 
bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files below works 
on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question



test_mp3.lyx
Description: Binary data


Movie_include_success.lyx
Description: Binary data


uwe


Am 17.03.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Marc Wijnand :

> Hello
> 
> I am using Lyx 1.6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I would like to embed videos in a 
> presentation. The video format could be anything (avi, mov, ...). I tried a 
> lot of things such as using the movie15 package.
> I found out that you have to be careful with the video's location (full 
> path), in order to successfully compile the pdf presentation, but I don't see 
> anything in the location where the video should be.
> Where could I find more (correct) information about this problem?
> 
> Yours sincerely,
> Marc Wijnand



Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Liviu Andronic
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade  wrote:
> Hey Marc,
>
> as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. After 
> our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 2012 64 
> bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files below 
> works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question
>
Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.

Liviu


>
>
>
> uwe
>
>
> Am 17.03.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Marc Wijnand :
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I am using Lyx 1.6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I would like to embed videos in 
>> a presentation. The video format could be anything (avi, mov, ...). I tried 
>> a lot of things such as using the movie15 package.
>> I found out that you have to be careful with the video's location (full 
>> path), in order to successfully compile the pdf presentation, but I don't 
>> see anything in the location where the video should be.
>> Where could I find more (correct) information about this problem?
>>
>> Yours sincerely,
>> Marc Wijnand
>
>



-- 
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
Do you know how to write?
http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail


Re: Article (Koma-Script), change the footer in the titlepage

2013-03-19 Thread Lukas Koch
Maybe I failed to explain it properly.

I already have the page numbering in the center footer, not the way Waiuyo
suggested but also working. I also tried it the way Waiuyo suggested it,
but it got me the same problem:

Everywhere the page numbering is in the center footing, as I adjusted it,
exept for the title page... that is my problem :)

thanks in advance!


2013/3/18 Waluyo Adi Siswanto 

> You can try the following in your latex preamble (Document Settings)
>
> \lhead{}
> \chead{}
> \rhead{}
> \lfoot{}
> \cfoot{\thepage}
> \rfoot{}
>
> regards
> waluyo
>
> On 19 March 2013 05:05, Lukas Koch  wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have the simple problem, that the footer in the titleplage of the
> > document-class article (KOMA-Script) is in the right corner, but I would
> > like to have it in the middle... how do I do this?
> >
> > I use the pagage fancyhdr to define my headings and footings.
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Lukas Koch
>


Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Scott Kostyshak
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Liviu Andronic  wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade  wrote:
>> Hey Marc,
>>
>> as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. 
>> After our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 
>> 2012 64 bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files 
>> below works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question
>>
> Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
> you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
> I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.

I don't think one exists.
"The final PDF can be viewed in current Adobe Readers on MS Windows and
other platforms. On Unix platforms including Linux, however, support of Flash,
video and sound was discontinued at Reader version 9.4.2, probably for security
reasons. On tablets and phones running Android or iOS, ezPDF Reader was
reported to play video and sound files embedded with ‘media9’."

texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/latex/media9/media9.pdf

If I wanted to do something like this, I think I would look into HTML 5 slides.

Scott


Re: Activate/Deactivate Banches from Masterdokument

2013-03-19 Thread Guenter Milde
On 2013-03-18, Uwe Ade wrote:
> Hallo Jürgen,

> hmm, I didn´t get the branches to work. I define the branches in den
> the masters. In Dokument/Einstellungen/Unterdokumente they are a
> listed. No I make a branch called "Zusatzinfo" in the Mastedocument.  I
> found no way, to make this branch visible in the Child-Document. 

You need to create the branches in both, master and child. If the name is
the same, they are "linked":

* the active/inactive setting in the child is used if the child document is
  compiled separately.  
  
* the active/inactive setting in the master overrides the child-setting if
  the master document is compiled.
  
This is useful for parts you want to have in the child document if compiled
separately but not if it is included (e.g. math-macro definitions or the
bibliography).


Create a "Zusatzinfo" branch also in the child and try how it works.

Günter  
  



Re: Activate/Deactivate Banches from Masterdokument

2013-03-19 Thread Jürgen Spitzmüller
2013/3/19 Guenter Milde:
> On 2013-03-18, Uwe Ade wrote:
>> Hallo Jürgen,
>
>> hmm, I didn´t get the branches to work. I define the branches in den
>> the masters. In Dokument/Einstellungen/Unterdokumente they are a
>> listed. No I make a branch called "Zusatzinfo" in the Mastedocument.  I
>> found no way, to make this branch visible in the Child-Document.
>
> You need to create the branches in both, master and child. If the name is
> the same, they are "linked":

Actually, you do not need to do this. If you define a branch in the
master, it is inherited by the child (also its "state"). You need to
set the master in the child, though (Document > Settings > Class >
Default Master).

Jürgen


Re: Enumitem seems not to work when one file is included in another

2013-03-19 Thread Richard Heck

On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck > wrote:


On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

Hi,

I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1 :
using enumitem in an included file inside another does not appear
to work.

For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another file
of the same class, with the enumitem module loaded.

When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the PDF
without a problem. When this file is included in another LyX file
(also of class "article", with the enumitem module loaded), a
bunch of LaTeX errors occur:

"Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname."

I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is there
a workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing something wrong?


You have to load the enumitem module in the master document. If
it's only in the child, the master does not see it.

rh


I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the 
enumitem module. I then included in that master file the child 
document. As soon as I removed the enumitem module from the child, LyX 
gave me four "Layout not found" errors, specifically relating to the 
enumitem-resume layout. The PDF then builds, but (a) includes a page 
break before the child document, and (b) does not actually use any of 
the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are stock-standard.


Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the module in 
the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited by children. 
There is a reason for this (the fact that what is a child can also be 
used not as a child), although I agree that it is counter-intuitive.


Richard



How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Alex Vergara Gil
Hello LyXers!
Hello Developers!

I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll 
(actually I need to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to do 
this? What is the best approach in this case. 

Basically I need to place some text boxes (for the user to write something), a 
few Comboboxes (for the user to select a single option) and some Radio/Check 
Groups (for the user to select one/many among some options).

Thanks for your time
Best Regards

Alex Vergara Gil
MSc Nuclear Physics
SSDL, CPHR, Havana, Cuba
http://www.cphr.edu.cu




Re: Enumitem seems not to work when one file is included in another

2013-03-19 Thread Nick Fort
On 19 March 2013 15:01, Richard Heck  wrote:

>  On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
>
>  On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck  wrote:
>
>>   On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1: using enumitem in an
>> included file inside another does not appear to work.
>>
>>  For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
>> http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another file of the
>> same class, with the enumitem module loaded.
>>
>>  When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the PDF without
>> a problem. When this file is included in another LyX file (also of class
>> "article", with the enumitem module loaded), a bunch of LaTeX errors occur:
>>
>>  "Missing \endcsname inserted.
>> Extra \endcsname."
>>
>>  I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is there a
>> workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>You have to load the enumitem module in the master document. If it's
>> only in the child, the master does not see it.
>>
>> rh
>>
>>
>   I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the enumitem
> module. I then included in that master file the child document. As soon as
> I removed the enumitem module from the child, LyX gave me four "Layout not
> found" errors, specifically relating to the enumitem-resume layout. The PDF
> then builds, but (a) includes a page break before the child document, and
> (b) does not actually use any of the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are
> stock-standard.
>
>   Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the module in
> the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited by children. There
> is a reason for this (the fact that what is a child can also be used not as
> a child), although I agree that it is counter-intuitive.
>
> Richard
>
>
Sorry, I actually got what you meant some time after I sent that reply.
Indeed, I remember LyX throwing an error when I tried to load a module
child in a no-module parent. I also now see that the files I attached were
wrong. Sigh -- sorry about that!

What I should have stated more clearly is that what you say (module in
parent and child) is what I tried initially when I got the

"Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname."

If you have a look at the files I've attached now, does it build for you,
or do you also get the "endcsname" error?

Thanks,
Nick


enumitem_child_with_module.lyx
Description: Binary data


parent_with_module_load_child_with_module.lyx
Description: Binary data


Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Liviu Andronic
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Alex Vergara Gil  wrote:
> Hello LyXers!
> Hello Developers!
>
> I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll
> (actually I need to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to do
> this? What is the best approach in this case.
>
I'm curious how this could be done, but wouldn't it be easier to use
an internet service like SurveyMonkey or limesurvey?

Liviu



> Basically I need to place some text boxes (for the user to write something),
> a few Comboboxes (for the user to select a single option) and some
> Radio/Check Groups (for the user to select one/many among some options).
>
> Thanks for your time
> Best Regards
>
> Alex Vergara Gil
> MSc Nuclear Physics
> SSDL, CPHR, Havana, Cuba
> http://www.cphr.edu.cu
>
>
>



-- 
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
Do you know how to write?
http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail


Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Alex Vergara Gil
- Original Message - 
From: "Liviu Andronic" 

Subject: Re: How to create a pdf template?


On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Alex Vergara Gil  
wrote:


I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll
(actually I need to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to 
do

this? What is the best approach in this case.


I'm curious how this could be done, but wouldn't it be easier to use
an internet service like SurveyMonkey or limesurvey?

Liviu



I live in Cuba so I have very little internet bandwith, so I prefer 
something out of line, if were possible: LyX! I know people can use adobe 
acrobat to do this and I have seen many pdf in this form, but I want to 
learn how to do this in LaTeX (prefereable LyX) because I don´t want to buy 
adobe´s licence (and actually I can´t because some law restrictions - See 
"cuban embargo law").


Regards
Alex 



Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Rainer M Krug
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA1

On 19/03/13 17:00, Alex Vergara Gil wrote:
> - Original Message - From: "Liviu Andronic"  
> Subject: Re: How
> to create a pdf template?
> 
> 
>> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Alex Vergara Gil  wrote:
>>> 
>>> I need to create a pdf template for users to fill some boxes like a poll 
>>> (actually I need
>>> to create a client satisfaction poll). Is there a way to do this? What is 
>>> the best approach
>>> in this case.
>>> 
>> I'm curious how this could be done, but wouldn't it be easier to use an 
>> internet service like
>> SurveyMonkey or limesurvey?
>> 
>> Liviu
>> 
> 
> I live in Cuba so I have very little internet bandwith, so I prefer something 
> out of line, if
> were possible: LyX! I know people can use adobe acrobat to do this and I have 
> seen many pdf in
> this form, but I want to learn how to do this in LaTeX (prefereable LyX) 
> because I don´t want
> to buy adobe´s licence (and actually I can´t because some law restrictions - 
> See "cuban embargo
> law").

As a starting point: 
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/14842/creating-fillable-pdfs

but also:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/pdf-forms-tutorial

And as an example:

http://martin-thoma.com/creating-pdf-forms-with-latex/

I am quite sure that you have to use ert in Lyx.

Cheers,

Rainer

> 
> Regards Alex


- -- 
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, 
UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :   +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:   +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :   +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):+49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:  rai...@krugs.de

Skype:  RMkrug
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJRSIQcAAoJENvXNx4PUvmC7ecIAKN15sMBEWfimOlxhBsX7ZS3
kWGuNIcRESWn5pdTQdG2SU/E4nXyUVT3dW3lUoyw5dEIjvMloSrsNe7lcHaOJZd3
Nryxvbx96Y8L5gbrm6c1uGEgz3Si00HEVRz8DXhNbKC2q+lvGJqLgr0vUsXmCFYy
dHa52aIWHQKtcCEV1Ixqhiy4UObbMydLqF2U3ODt1PGHm2NmsBYfPaiE5jRicvz4
AA5gjC4ar2kQtKgLYnrs8akmWq8OQML/e17bML9tnUOaCAMYydpwRdyrZhmiIY5L
tdwdqQ0GvbsvYM2aX8dMqFd+MT9mXc279a1T8djFgzNSHEB3Zjlyost0aw/hy3k=
=+OED
-END PGP SIGNATURE-


[BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Richard Heck

On 03/19/2013 09:20 AM, Nick Fort wrote:
On 19 March 2013 15:01, Richard Heck > wrote:


On 03/19/2013 01:00 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

On 19 March 2013 00:04, Richard Heck > wrote:

On 03/18/2013 05:57 AM, Nick Fort wrote:

Hi,

I've stumbled upon an issue with LyX 2.0.5.1
: using enumitem in an included file inside
another does not appear to work.

For example, take the enumitem-example.lyx file from here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Enumitem, and include it in another
file of the same class, with the enumitem module loaded.

When compiled on its own, enumitem-example.lyx creates the
PDF without a problem. When this file is included in another
LyX file (also of class "article", with the enumitem module
loaded), a bunch of LaTeX errors occur:

"Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname."

I haven't seen anything similar on the web about this -- is
there a workaround/fix to this issue? Or am I doing
something wrong?


You have to load the enumitem module in the master document.
If it's only in the child, the master does not see it.

rh


I created a new master file to test this -- in it, I added the
enumitem module. I then included in that master file the child
document. As soon as I removed the enumitem module from the
child, LyX gave me four "Layout not found" errors, specifically
relating to the enumitem-resume layout. The PDF then builds, but
(a) includes a page break before the child document, and (b) does
not actually use any of the enumitem features, i.e. the lists are
stock-standard.


Sorry, I should have been more explicit: You need to load the
module in the master AND the child. Modules do not get inherited
by children. There is a reason for this (the fact that what is a
child can also be used not as a child), although I agree that it
is counter-intuitive.

Richard


Sorry, I actually got what you meant some time after I sent that 
reply. Indeed, I remember LyX throwing an error when I tried to load a 
module child in a no-module parent. I also now see that the files I 
attached were wrong. Sigh -- sorry about that!


What I should have stated more clearly is that what you say (module in 
parent and child) is what I tried initially when I got the


"Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname."

If you have a look at the files I've attached now, does it build for 
you, or do you also get the "endcsname" error?




OK, so I have finally found the bug. The problem is that we are 
outputting this code:


Itemize, Enumeration, and Description lists may have an optional arguments.
If the optional argument contains special characters (e.g. the backslash),
put it in an ERT box.
\begin{enumerate}[\selectlanguage{british}%
labelindent=\parindent,leftmargin=*,label=\Roman*.,widest=IV,align=left 
\selectlanguage{english}%

]
\item  An enumeration
\item with left-aligned roman
\item numbering
\item 1of items.
\end{enumerate}

Note the language change. This would appear to be because the two files 
use different languages. We obviously should not be outputting that in 
this case.


Can you file a bug about this?

Richard



Re: How to create a pdf template?

2013-03-19 Thread Alex Vergara Gil


As a starting point: 
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/14842/creating-fillable-pdfs


but also:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/pdf-forms-tutorial

And as an example:

http://martin-thoma.com/creating-pdf-forms-with-latex/



WOW! Very nice example. It is just be needed to add hyperref support as 
Kornel says:


1.) enable hyperref in document settings Document->Settings->PDF 
options->use package hyperref


2.) in ERT add on appropriate place



add ERT as in the example from:

begin{Form}[action=mailtoi...@example.com,encoding=html,method=post]
 to
end{Form}




I am quite sure that you have to use ert in Lyx.


This is not an issue, although it would be nice to have it on a module, but 
I can use it as it is now. Thank you all!




Cheers,

Rainer




Alex 



Re: [BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Jürgen Spitzmüller
2013/3/19 Richard Heck :
> OK, so I have finally found the bug. The problem is that we are outputting
> this code:
>
> Itemize, Enumeration, and Description lists may have an optional arguments.
> If the optional argument contains special characters (e.g. the backslash),
> put it in an ERT box.
> \begin{enumerate}[\selectlanguage{british}%
> labelindent=\parindent,leftmargin=*,label=\Roman*.,widest=IV,align=left
> \selectlanguage{english}%
> ]
> \item  An enumeration
> \item with left-aligned roman
> \item numbering
> \item 1of items.
> \end{enumerate}
>
> Note the language change. This would appear to be because the two files use
> different languages. We obviously should not be outputting that in this
> case.
>
> Can you file a bug about this?

FWIW I have fixed some problems along this line in trunk.

Jürgen

> Richard
>


Re: [BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Richard Heck

On 03/19/2013 12:14 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

2013/3/19 Richard Heck :

OK, so I have finally found the bug. The problem is that we are outputting
this code:

Itemize, Enumeration, and Description lists may have an optional arguments.
If the optional argument contains special characters (e.g. the backslash),
put it in an ERT box.
\begin{enumerate}[\selectlanguage{british}%
labelindent=\parindent,leftmargin=*,label=\Roman*.,widest=IV,align=left
\selectlanguage{english}%
]
\item  An enumeration
\item with left-aligned roman
\item numbering
\item 1of items.
\end{enumerate}

Note the language change. This would appear to be because the two files use
different languages. We obviously should not be outputting that in this
case.

Can you file a bug about this?

FWIW I have fixed some problems along this line in trunk.
If this one is fixed in trunk, we could leave it there. It's a pretty 
obscure bug.


rh



Re: [BUG] Langauge Change When Outputting Optional Argument

2013-03-19 Thread Jürgen Spitzmüller
2013/3/19 Richard Heck :
> If this one is fixed in trunk, we could leave it there. It's a pretty
> obscure bug.

We need to check. If someone has a recipe for the bug, please test.

Jürgen

> rh
>


Re: How to embed video

2013-03-19 Thread Uwe Ade
Hey,

for me it works mit Mac OS (Mountain Lion)

uwe


Am 19.03.2013 um 09:00 schrieb Liviu Andronic :

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade  wrote:
>> Hey Marc,
>> 
>> as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago. 
>> After our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive 
>> 2012 64 bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files 
>> below works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question
>> 
> Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
> you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
> I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.
> 
> Liviu
> 
> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> uwe
>> 
>> 
>> Am 17.03.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Marc Wijnand :
>> 
>>> Hello
>>> 
>>> I am using Lyx 1.6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I would like to embed videos in 
>>> a presentation. The video format could be anything (avi, mov, ...). I tried 
>>> a lot of things such as using the movie15 package.
>>> I found out that you have to be careful with the video's location (full 
>>> path), in order to successfully compile the pdf presentation, but I don't 
>>> see anything in the location where the video should be.
>>> Where could I find more (correct) information about this problem?
>>> 
>>> Yours sincerely,
>>> Marc Wijnand
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Do you know how to read?
> http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
> http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
> Do you know how to write?
> http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail



Mac TeX for Mac OS 10.4

2013-03-19 Thread Alessia Lucconi

Dear friends,
where can I download Mac TeX for Mac OS 10.4 ?
I can't find the link on your website.

Thanks for your support, cheers.
Alessia