Notes for testing:
All of the icons on the site are now coming from the Fontawesome v5 library
This is tricky to test comprehensively as the icons really are present in all
areas of the site.
1. First view the icons tab of the styleguide (mahara/theme/styleguide.php) in
both master and the patch side by side. Look for missing icons in the patch and
differences between master and the patch where the icon in the patch seems
inverted or completely different to the master icon.
2. The icons have changed everywhere, so this is not an exhaustive list,
but we should check some of the more specific cases where things needed
to be updated:
Check all the menus contain corrects icons. (Note you may have to clear the
caches on the admin overview page for the menu changes to take effect.)
Pages and Collections:
1. As well as the main icons, check the drop-down menu items from the cards.
2. Note that the block-chooser for a page is not currently displaying icons.
This is not part of the test as it is being removed
3. Share a page with another user.
4. Log in as the other user and go to the page. Click on the 3 dots and then
toggle the 'Add page to watchlist' option to confirm the icon flicks between
eye and eye-slash.
1. Upload an image. Choose edit. Confirm the rotate icon appears.
1. Confirm the calendar icons appear on journal entries.
1. Checked boxes appear on completed items.
2. If you add the plan to a page block, an empty box appears on pending items.
1. Check 'Remove from friends' icon is a person & x.
1. Set up a group with these settings:
Open - yes
Recommendations - yes
There need to be some site users who are not members of the group.
2. Log in as a user who is a member of the group and go to the group admin
page. You should see a lightbulb icon on the 'Recommend to friends' button.
3. Compare this and the other icons on the page with a similar page on master.
Institutions -> Legal
1. Add a couple of privacy statements.
2. Confirm that the most recent has a pencil and the others have an eye icon.
Extensions -> SmartEvidence
1. Follow the settings tab for a framework and check that the icons display
2. Add a framework to a collection.
3. Confirm that on the collection card drop-down there is a clipboard icon on
4. Add annotations to the framework and confirm the correct icons display on
the module/framework/matrix page.
3. Finally click through the pages and look for anywhere icons are missing or
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mahara
Contributors, which is subscribed to Mahara.
Matching subscriptions: Subscription for all Mahara Contributors -- please ask
on #mahara-dev or mahara.org forum before editing or unsubscribing it!
need to upgrade Font Awesome library from 4.7.0 to 5.X
Status in Mahara:
need to upgrade Font Awesome library from 4.7.0 to 5.6.3
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~mahara-contributors
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~mahara-contributors
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp