[MLO] Feature Request: Contact field and filter / sort todo list by contact name

2011-01-10 Thread Stéph
: Hope I'm not wasting people's time by requesting something which already exists) Regards, Stéph -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To post to this group, send email to mylifeorgani...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from

[MLO] Re: Feature Request: Contact field and filter / sort todo list by contact name

2011-01-12 Thread Stéph
the ability to link tasks to a name on my contacts list. On Jan 10, 7:19 pm, heinz heinz.eisenbe...@online.de wrote: I use the context field for that. @office for a location context #Smith for a contact context. Heinz On 10 Jan., 00:49, Stéph st...@senglish.plus.com wrote: I'm looking

[MLO] Re: Feature Request: Contact field and filter / sort todo list by contact name

2011-01-14 Thread Stéph
, I was disappointed to read on another thread that filtering and sorting options are limited - that's a feature I've used extensively in Bonsai) Stéph On Jan 13, 2:35 pm, Dwight m...@grantsmiths.org wrote: Okay, I need some clarification of what the feature request is going forward. I *think

[MLO] Custom icon for folder possible?

2012-08-27 Thread Stéph
Hello Emerelle, I discovered that the icons are assigned in the order they appear in the custom formatting list. Try setting your custom folder icon definition at the top of the list (above the default formatting criteria) and your problem should be solved. -- You received this message

[MLO] Re: I can't pair my ipad and mlo on Windows 8

2012-12-05 Thread Stéph
Hello Fahd, Check this thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mylifeorganized/bndp0HPD5GA It looks like Andrey has a fix for Windows 8 compatibility problems. On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:10:48 PM UTC, Fahd wrote: Hi, I followed all the instructions but I can't pair

RE: [MLO] Small MLO re-design; Huge gains.

2012-12-10 Thread Stéph
And I work offline *a lot* of the time. I need my data and functionality on my devices rather than online. Interesting idea, but it would be a deal-breaker for me. Now if the non-GUI elements were on my local device, I wouldn't have a problem with decoupling them from the GUI. Stéph -- You

[MLO] Re: wifi sync

2012-12-24 Thread Stéph
Hello NH. I use WiFi Sync, so I'm not sure if things are different via cloud sync. This is what I'd do, though, if I wanted to start with a new copy that matched my PC version and discarded any edits I'd done on the iPad: 1. On the iPad, under Settings - Synchronisation - WiFi, unpair

[MLO] How Do you use MLO with OneNote or Evernote?

2013-01-06 Thread Stéph
Hello MLOers, I currently keep various reference documents on my laptop and make reference notes in my project outlines in MLO. I'm thinking about going online with my notes and reference materials. I was wondering how others do it? Something I do to finish a task, and which I record in the

[MLO] Re: How Do you use MLO with OneNote or Evernote?

2013-01-06 Thread Stéph
Hello Olivier, MLO supports hyperlinks with spaces, just enclose your hyperlink address (and the 'file:' prefix) in angle brackets. I wonder if that would work for your MindManager links? Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized

[MLO] Re: Project % Complete Progress Bar - Can it be disabled ?

2013-01-08 Thread Stéph
Hello Robert, You can get rid of the project progress bar by going into *Options - Themes and Formatting - Tree Format tab* and unchecking *Show project progress bar *. It's a bit hidden away there, but there you have it. Stéphane On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:59:40 AM UTC, Robert Fields

Re: [MLO] Re: Easiest way to maximize from system tray?

2013-01-08 Thread Stéph
That's the thing about both Windows and MLO, there are *so* many different options. I have MLO pinned to my taskbar on my Windows 7 PC, right next to the start button. Stéph On Sunday, January 6, 2013 4:55:38 AM UTC, Lisa S wrote: Thanks! On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM, m

Re: [MLO] Re: Easiest way to maximize from system tray?

2013-01-08 Thread Stéph
OK, that's an advantage of Windows 7 - the icon next to the start button get's highlighted when MLO is open, rather than an extra, rectangular button appearing for the open program. Windows 7 has a few other features for saving space and grouping items on the Taskbar, too. Of course, it will

[MLO] (MLO4) removing the icon assigned to a view

2013-01-11 Thread Stéph
No, it looks like the only way to remove the icon from a view completely would be to delete and recreate the view. The option to remove the icon ought to be on Andrey's to do list. Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To

[MLO] Use Tab/Shift Tab to promote/demote tasks

2013-01-11 Thread Stéph
I'd be happy for it to be a hotkey. I like the idea of using Tab to jump through the fields in the MLO window, though. Stéph -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com

RE: [MLO] turn off inherit parent dates

2013-01-19 Thread Stéph
+1 to the request. This fits in with a request I made in another thread (possibly in the beta forum). I need to be able to inherit the end date, but set start date of a new task to the date it was entered. At the moment, the MLO is set to inherit start and due dates for any new tasks, which

Re: [MLO] (MLO4) removing the icon assigned to a view

2013-01-19 Thread Stéph
Oh, well spotted. Thanks Chris. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mylifeorganized/-/LU_ixJSGGicJ. To post to this group, send email to

[MLO] Adding and using Contexts

2013-01-20 Thread Stéph
Don't worry, Dwight, it's not a parameter you've missed in MLO (some chance!). Hello cc, Those contexts come from Getting Things Done (or GTD) by David Allen, but the field can be used for any tags you want. The template you're using sounds like it's using pure GTD contexts. I assume you've

[MLO] Re: How do you set up a task or folder so that adding a subtask automatically adds the parent context

2013-01-27 Thread Stéph
The contexts of new subtasks (always added by typing Alt-Ins, if that makes any difference to the behaviour) are *always *inherited from the main task, for me. I'd actually like to add an option to switch *off *inheritance of contexts for new tasks (as well as being able to set it to inherit

Re: [MLO] Re: [MLO4] Why does title disappear if I pin a tab ?

2013-01-31 Thread Stéph
There have also been proposals to be able to set colours and icons for tabs, which I think is a great idea. Has anyone put this suggestion on the Uservoice site yet? I would, but I'm running low on votes! Stéph -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

[MLO] Loving the new tabbed interface

2013-01-31 Thread Stéph
Today, I've been jumping between projects, carrying out different tasks in each of them. The tabbed views in MLO have proved really useful for this - I don't have them set to sync selection with the first tab (except my second tab, which holds an overall to-do view, same as MLO3). That way,

[MLO] Re: Sync after IP address change

2013-02-06 Thread Stéph
Hello Philip, If you want to synchronise with the file on two separate desktops, then make sure you have it set on your Android to Use Local Version if an item is changed on both sides. That way, you're using your phone to transfer edits between your two PCs and the only items that risk being

Re: [MLO] Sync after IP address change

2013-02-06 Thread Stéph
iPad to discover the PC, after I've switched the iPad out of airplane mode (which I use a lot, to conserve the battery). I think that it seems to find it easier the first time if I open up Tools-Options-WiFi Sync on MLO on my PC. Stéph On Wednesday, 6 February 2013 00:53:40 UTC, Philip Parker

Re: [MLO] Balancing

2013-02-08 Thread Stéph
focus areas higher up the list. Just a thought. If you like it, then it might be worth submitting a new request on the User Voice feature requests site. Stéph On Thursday, 7 February 2013 03:07:11 UTC, Lisa S wrote: Interesting! Since MLO doesn't track how much time you actually spend

[MLO] Re: BUG: Does anybody else have problems with DD/MM/YY displaying as MM/DD/YY (sometimes)

2013-02-08 Thread Stéph
I had that problem once, when I started using MLO. I haven't had it since. However, I do sometimes get MLO resetting to a non-UK keyboard layout, so that the and @ keys get swapped over. It seems random and fixes itself the next time I start-up MLO. Stéph On Wednesday, 6 February 2013 22

[MLO] Re: Transfer to New Comuter

2013-02-10 Thread Stéph
Yes, absolutely. You don't even have to install it on a computer to run it if you don't want to. I downloaded the zip file version and run copies from a USB memory stick and my laptop. Stéphane On Saturday, 9 February 2013 03:43:25 UTC, Woody Levitan wrote: I am upgrading to a new

[MLO] Re: Feature request - drag outlook emails to different tab/workspace

2013-02-13 Thread Stéph
I would also like to be able to drag tasks between tabs. Stéphane On Tuesday, 12 February 2013 17:44:11 UTC, canadug wrote: I'd like to be able to drag and drop an outlook email to a different tab that than the current one. When you drag and drop the message to a different tab the target

[MLO] Re: Why can't my iPad connect to my PC?

2013-02-14 Thread Stéph
was resolved. Other than that, as long as I choose the bottom IP address on the list displayed on the WiFi synch window on my PC, I get no problems. Good luck tracking your blockage down. Stéph On Thursday, 14 February 2013 05:23:53 UTC, Greg May wrote: I am running the 4.0 trial on Windows 7

[MLO] Re:

2013-02-15 Thread Stéph
Better block this user. We don't want spam cluttering up the forums. On Thursday, 14 February 2013 17:39:44 UTC, UdoS wrote: http://lasvegassuites.org/downrightawesome.com/nanw54.php?s=lf -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group.

[MLO] Re: Is the $30 upgrade fee fair?

2013-02-20 Thread Stéph
Hello Kermit 88, I just ran MLO v3 to remind myself how it looked. Version 4 has a nice look. The view pane is useful for switching quickly between views and seeing where you are. The filtered hierarchical views are good - They help you to highlight the tasks you're most interested in, while

[MLO] Re: Is the $30 upgrade fee fair?

2013-02-21 Thread Stéph
Martin. Yes, I can report that the WiFi sync works exactly as before. Stéph On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:25:33 AM UTC, Martin.G wrote: The tabbed interface for different views is great, and the Review option will also be good. WiFi sync should still work as before (but I haven't been

[MLO] Re: Task Movement icons and the Project Progress Indicator changes in MLO Windows Desktop 4.0.0.2034

2013-02-21 Thread Stéph
, but that probably doesn't suit you. Another work around might be to set up custom icons for, say, 10, 25, 50 and 75% complete (and it gets crossed out at 100% complete). Stéph On Monday, February 18, 2013 8:14:40 PM UTC, Dave Clark wrote: First, I'm gonna say that I generally like the recent changes

[MLO] Re: locked out of MLO

2013-03-02 Thread Stéph
I'm surprised that you haven't had replies to emails to support. Alexandra there has always been quick to respond to my support requests. Perhaps there's a problem with your email getting through to them. Probably a stupid question, but have you tried getting your new code via the Online

[MLO] Project Phases Suggestions

2013-03-03 Thread Stéph
I'd be tempted to use flags, though I don't have an Android device, so don't know whether they implement flags. Contexts with a custom filter and grouping would work, especially as you can get tasks to inherit contexts. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google

[MLO] Re: locked out of MLO

2013-03-06 Thread Stéph
Definitely no scam, even if it feels that way. Whenever I've emailed a problem or query, I've always had a fast response from Alexandra in MLO support. From what I've seen, you're not the first one their emails don't get through to. I think they've got a genuine problem with getting their

[MLO] Re: Question on WiFi Sync (Problem with different WiFi networks)

2013-04-01 Thread Stéph
I use WiFi sync and, yes, you have to re-enter the WiFi address in the sync settings of the mobile copy of MLO, each time you connect to a new network (or if your home network reassigns IP address to your PC at some point). It would be great if Microsoft created a Bonjour-style service for

Re: [MLO] Reminders Window appears and blocks the program

2013-04-01 Thread Stéph
Hello Charles, That wouldn't be a problem. If you have your second monitor disconnected, Windows 7 relocates all your windows onto the laptop screen. You can also retrieve windows which have gone outside the view of the monitor by right-clicking the Taskbar and selecting cascade windows, or

[MLO] Re: Feature request: ability to add a description to a View

2013-04-01 Thread Stéph
I don't know. It's so easy to set up a view that, if I can't remember what it was for, I just delete it. I like to keep things simple, so I tend to keep a small number of core views, identifiable from their names, then set up the odd project-specific or activity-specific view which has a

[MLO] Re: Looking for your favorite built-in Hotkey in MLO

2013-04-05 Thread Stéph
I can't answer your question, because I've replaced a lot of the built-in hotkeys with customised shortcuts (MLO tools-options), so I can use the same combination of ctrl, alt or shift for a group of related functions. I tend to use Ctrl-Alt for any navigation commands and Alt-Shift for

[MLO] Re: WiFi sync and changing IP addresses

2013-04-11 Thread Stéph
Thanks for looking into it, Andrey. If you could get auto discovery working, based on computer names or MAC addresses, that would be an excellent step forward for those of us who use WiFi synching. Stéphane On Friday, 13 May 2011 07:37:52 UTC+1, Andrey Tkachuk (MLO) wrote: We had some

Re: [MLO] Re: MyLifeOrganized ver. 4.1.0 Release Candidate-1 has been pubished

2013-04-22 Thread Stéph
. Eberhard On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Stéph st...@senglish.plus.comjavascript: wrote: Hello Andrey, Just spotted a bug: *Alt-Y* doesn't seem to work any more for toggling Hide-in-ToDo. I use that shortcut quite a lot and there's no way of configuring it in hotkeys, so please

Re: [MLO] Re: MyLifeOrganized ver. 4.1.0 Release Candidate-1 has been pubished

2013-04-22 Thread Stéph
Ah, thanks. On Monday, 22 April 2013 19:35:29 UTC+1, Eberhard wrote: Look at the App itself ... The character e is underlined in Hid*e* the branch in To-Do, means one can activate by pressing ALT plus that particular character. Eberhard On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Stéph st

[MLO] Re: MLO for iPad

2013-05-02 Thread Stéph
No, you're in the right place, Neil. This forum deals with all versions of MLO; Windows, Android and iOS. If you've only got the iPad version, then there are some things you won't yet be able to do. As yet, they haven't released an iPad version which implements custom filters. Andrey's told

[MLO] Re: MLO for iPad

2013-05-04 Thread Stéph
Hello again Neil, I see you sent a reply but it started a new discussion thread, because you replied to your digest email rather than clicking on the link to this topic and clicking on the reply button within this Google forum. So you're a Shadowplan user, eh? So your used to using a very

[MLO] Re: MLO for iPad

2013-05-04 Thread Stéph
Acutally, I've just remembered reading that Omnifocus is quite restrictive about how you work with it. I take that to mean that they don't do custom filters. You may well be better off waiting to see what the next version of MLO for iOS brings, even though there isn't a Mac version available.

[MLO] Re: Importing/ Exporting to any free? mindmapping software?

2013-05-06 Thread Stéph
. Stéph On Sunday, 5 May 2013 20:18:30 UTC+1, Sage Keffer wrote: I see I can import/ export from Mindmanager, but it is rather costly. Is there a way to use Xmind, instead to import and export to, since it is free? Or is there another mind mapping software that is free that I can use to import

[MLO] Delegate Methods

2013-05-07 Thread Stéph
Here's how I do it: Wherever the action involves someone else, I put their name at the top of the note with a Twitter-style tag symbol in front of it: ?John ?Smith, ?Sarah, etc. that way I can easily set up a search or filter without picking up names mentioned within the body of my notes. For

[MLO] F9 does not sync via Wi-Fi

2013-05-19 Thread Stéph
That's right. WiFi synch always has to be triggered from the mobile device. I've never found it to be a problem when synching my iPad to the desktop - guess it's just something to get used to. Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

[MLO] Is it possible to I use my MLO-Android phone and tablet, to be able to connect/link to external data

2013-05-26 Thread Stéph
You can't do it with the current version, I think. That's one of my requests for the next version of MLO for iOS - At the moment you can't use hyperlinks, including local hyperlinks, from the mobile versions. Like you say, it would be really useful to be able to link to other apps and data.

[MLO] hotkey issue

2013-05-26 Thread Stéph
Hello Olivier, Ctrl+down is preassigned as a shortcut key for selecting the next item in the list, so you can't redefine it as a shortcut key. The advantage of ctrl+down is that you can be working in the notes pane and still jump to the next task without having to switch back to the outline /

[MLO] Re: How to set a view with only tasks that doesn't belong to a project?

2013-06-03 Thread Stéph
You could always modify the Next Actions by Project To-Do view to show active actions or all actions by project, then expand the group Project: (none). Stéphane On Monday, 3 June 2013 09:51:20 UTC+1, robisme (Olivier R) wrote: Ok, it works with top level project. thank you. Olivier

[MLO] Re: Feature Request: Subtasks NOT required to inherit parent's context start date

2013-06-03 Thread Stéph
I'd like to go a little further. I'd like the same functionality I used to enjoy with Bonsai, where I could set options for new tasks to inherit or have a preset value for context, start date and due date. I used to have context blank, start date set to today and due date inherited from the

[MLO] Re: Shortcut keys for Promote and Demote

2013-06-03 Thread Stéph
I agree that these should be Hotkeys. Meanwhile, a lot of monitor drivers allow you to change the hotkey combinations for rotating the screen (Right-clicking on my desktop on my Dell allows me to do that if I select graphics properties rather than graphics options), so you could try and look

Re: [MLO] A way to view parent task when zooming

2013-06-06 Thread Stéph
Or to zoom to the level above and accept that you'll have a handful of other top level items on screen that you won't be interested in. That's what I do. On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 23:00:50 UTC+1, Lisa S wrote: Another option is just to have one extra level in the tree. Lisa Stroyan,

[MLO] Re: To Do ordering options - weight factor start date slider not being maintained on MLO quit/restart

2013-06-06 Thread Stéph
Hello Brian, I'm using MLO version 4.1.0 and I've just tested your bug report. I don't see that problem. Were you restarting the whole PC, or just quitting and restarting MLO? Stéphane On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 22:25:52 UTC+1, Brian Cohen wrote: Actually, I am finding the start date

[MLO] Re: Great Software - Where does it come from?

2013-06-09 Thread Stéph
I'm glad to say that my boss authorised purchase of a copy for me. Good luck in getting your company to get you a copy. The business case, in terms of saved time and deadlines met, should be straight-forward, Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google

Re: [MLO] Re: Can MLO 4.1 sync two profiles to the same desktop?

2013-06-22 Thread Stéph
I use MLO on the desktop and an iPad. I'm able to sync different profiles on my iPad to different MLO files on my desktop (or on different desktops), via WiFi sync. Does that answer your question, or were you looking for a way to do something more complex? Stéphane -- You received this

[MLO] Re: drag/drop text into outline

2013-06-27 Thread Stéph
Good point, David. I've posted a link to your post into the beta discussion forum. It would be worth raising it as a request in the wish list on the Uservoice site, too. Stéphane On Wednesday, 26 June 2013 22:34:22 UTC+1, David Rees wrote: Is there a way to drag/drop text into the MLO

[MLO] Re: MLO freeze any time when starts

2013-07-03 Thread Stéph
Did you install on the flash drive using the .exe installation file, or did you copy mlo from the zip file onto your flash drive? I download the zip and copy the files onto my USB drive. I haven't had any problems yet (though I haven't used the USB drive with the latest update). Stéph

[MLO] Re: How do you rapidly MOVE (into their corresponding PROJECTS) all the items that end up in your INBOX?

2013-07-03 Thread Stéph
You could try sending it straight to the project as you put it in the RTE dialogue. Use the switch -toprjProject_Name at the end of your task entry. Personally, I quite like to open another window using F3, then dragging groups of tasks from the inbox to the appropriate place in my outline.

[MLO] MLO Option for Mac Users

2013-07-13 Thread Stéph
There are a few threads on this subject and I think there has been limited success in using MLO in the Wine environment. At the moment, it doesn't look like MLO for OSX is on the cards... At least in the short term future. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google

[MLO] Re: Problem when pressing a key to jump to next task starting with that character

2013-07-16 Thread Stéph
I disagree. I would expect it to search anywhere within the current view, the same as the excellent Ctrl+F search function. One improvement I would like to see is for the initial letter search to start from the current location, rather than starting from the top of he outline each time. --

Re: [MLO] Re: MyLifeOrganized for iPhone v.2 coming soon!

2013-07-31 Thread Stéph
Android has currently got more features than iPhone and iPad, as it got an update fairly recently. iPhone is now being updated. It will be iPad's turn next, as far as I can tell. Then, I'm sure Android will be next in line for an update. Somewhere in amongst all that, there's bound to be

[MLO] Re: How do you rapidly MOVE (into their corresponding PROJECTS) all the items that end up in your INBOX?

2013-08-17 Thread Stéph
Hello Salvador. I came across the same problem with the loss of the ability to change a task's parent in the new version for iPhone. It's been posted on the beta-testers' JIRA forum (issue number 21) and Andrey has assigned it to himself for resolution, marked as high priority. Regards,

[MLO] Re: Process: Managing varying energy levels

2013-08-17 Thread Stéph
Personally, I try to use as few of the fields in MLO as possible, otherwise I get overwhelmed by maintaining and editing my MLO task list, rather than getting on and doing the tasks. For that reason, I avoid the effort and time required fields. Regards, Stéphane On Saturday, 10 August 2013

[MLO] Re: A tip for waiting tasks

2013-08-23 Thread Stéph
Good idea Lisa. Personally, I change the original task's context to @Waiting For and put the name of the delegated person at the top of the note field. As for what I'm waiting for from them, I tend to keep dated (Ctrl-D) lines in my notes field, recording any correspondence I've had, and I'll

[MLO] Re: How do you rapidly MOVE (into their corresponding PROJECTS) all the items that end up in your INBOX?

2013-08-23 Thread Stéph
It's on the list for iOS, but Andrey will work his way round all the platforms to try to keep them working in a similar way, so any good ideas for iOS are bound to make it to Android too eventually. On Saturday, 17 August 2013 18:58:24 UTC+1, Salvador Bosque wrote: Thank you Stéphane

[MLO] In the new version 2.0 of MLO for IOS - How do I move a task from the Inbox to folder on the Iphone?

2013-08-28 Thread Stéph
There's a request on the beta forum to bring back the feature in MLO 1 for iOS, to be able to assign a task to a new parent project. At the moment, the only way to do it is by drag-and-drop. Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized

[MLO] Re: Feaure Request: Group expansion options: can we have a Don't Change option?

2013-08-31 Thread Stéph
I can't see where you already posted this but, fwiw, it sounds like a very logical request - I'm with you on this one. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

[MLO] Re: How to deal with a task that will last more than one day

2013-09-16 Thread Stéph
Hello Veran, There are two ways I can think of: 1. Split your longer task down into smaller sub-tasks. What do you actually want to achieve by the end of that day? For a document, for example, it could be the first draft, checking your references, up to the end of the first

[MLO] Re: How to deal with a task that will last more than one day

2013-09-17 Thread Stéph
up in England. Stéph -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mylifeorganized+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email

[MLO] Why did my paid-for app disappear off my iPhone?

2013-09-26 Thread Stéph
When you reinstall an app, you usually have to restore in-app purchases. Have you tried going into the settings page and tapping on Registration? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[MLO] Today list by start time

2013-09-30 Thread Stéph
Hello Daniel, Timeless tasks are treated as all day, so start at midnight. I can only suggest giving them a start time that suits when you want to start them or, if your use case allows, switching to sorting by due time. Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the

[MLO] Re: Where is the iPad user guide or manual ... or can someone give me some basic how to overview?

2013-10-01 Thread Stéph
Hello Aidan, I take it you've bought the iPad version of My Life Organized, rather than the updated iPhone version 2: MLO2. You're right, as far as I know, nobody's written a manual (though there is one for the desktop version, which would introduce you to the concepts). As an iPad user

[MLO] Custom icon sizes and colours

2013-10-03 Thread Stéph
Can anyone help me with finding out the two icon sizes which MLO (desktop) can work with. The current version of the MLO guide says that you can only upload 16x16 32-bit icons, but I'm sure that's wrong: I remember reading something different in the past, and the built-in icon set includes

[MLO] Re: New User - Inbox

2013-10-03 Thread Stéph
Tasks will stay in your in box until you assign a new parent or (on the desktop version) move them to a different branch. Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from

[MLO] Re: Does the ipad version transfer date specific task to the ipad calendar?

2013-10-09 Thread Stéph
Hello Matthew, No, I'm afraid there is no calendar synch on the iPad version or the newer iPhone version. There have been discussions around getting a calendar view incorporated into the desktop version, though that currently allows you to synch with Tasks in Outlook. If you need iOS

[MLO] MyLifeOrganized for iPhone new update soon - Conflicts, Passcode, Magic Navigation Arrow and more!

2013-10-11 Thread Stéph
You've been busy. I'm _really_ looking forward to trying out the new features, Andrey! So, with the magic navigation button, you've implemented all that functionality I was suggesting with a pinch to zoom gesture - cool. The move button looks really useful, too. One question about the text

[MLO] Can't leave, won't upgrade

2013-10-12 Thread Stéph
Hello Bob, You've got a good, functional product in MLO3. However, those of us who have upgraded haven't looked back. The lockable tabs really are useful, as I flick between projects and areas of focus. The F3 window is getting more and more functionality. There's a raft of other tweaks and

[MLO] Can't leave, won't upgrade

2013-10-12 Thread Stéph
Hello Bob, You've got a good, functional product in MLO3. However, those of us who have upgraded haven't looked back. The lockable tabs really are useful, as I flick between projects and areas of focus. The F3 window is getting more and more functionality. There's a raft of other tweaks and

[MLO] Can't leave, won't upgrade

2013-10-12 Thread Stéph
Hello Bob, You've got a good, functional product in MLO3. However, those of us who have upgraded haven't looked back. The lockable tabs really are useful, as I flick between projects and areas of focus. The F3 window is getting more and more functionality. There's a raft of other tweaks and

[MLO] Can't leave, won't upgrade

2013-10-12 Thread Stéph
Hello Bob, You've got a good, functional product in MLO3. However, those of us who have upgraded haven't looked back. The lockable tabs really are useful, as I flick between projects and areas of focus. The F3 window is getting more and more functionality. There's a raft of other tweaks and

[MLO] Can't leave, won't upgrade

2013-10-12 Thread Stéph
Please excuse all the deleted posts - for some reason I got stuck in a loop in the mobile version of Google Groups. Hello Bob, You've got a good, functional product in MLO v3. However, those of us who have upgraded haven't looked back. The lockable tabs really are useful, as I flick between

[MLO] MyLifeOrganized for iPhone new update soon - Conflicts, Passcode, Magic Navigation Arrow and more!

2013-10-12 Thread Stéph
OK, that's good. Will it search text in the middle of a sentence, as well as the start? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[MLO] Sync views via cloud sync

2013-10-12 Thread Stéph
Hello Remco, There's been discussion on this on the beta testers' forum. Andrey's looking at enabling custom filters on the mobile platforms, as a first step. Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To unsubscribe from

[MLO] Bug: New view has tasks sorted differently from the Outline view

2013-10-25 Thread Stéph
I've just noticed the following behaviour. It looks like a bug to me, but the rest of you might remember a discussion thread where this was decided as a feature: When I'm in my locked Outline view (which is manually sorted), I often create a new, zoomed view on a project by selecting that

[MLO] Re: Bug: New view has tasks sorted differently from the Outline view

2013-10-27 Thread Stéph
False Alarm! I've now fixed it. I've just discovered that you can uncheck manual sort but still sort by [none]. My outline view now matches the outline view on my iPhone and the zoomed views. Sorry about setting any hares running. Stéphane On Friday, 25 October 2013 09:54:35 UTC+1, Stéph

Re: [MLO] Re: move tasks with ctrl+arrows

2013-10-27 Thread Stéph
Wow, thanks Richard! I didn't know about that MS Office shortcut. I've been doing that the longhand way all this time. Stéphane On Saturday, 26 October 2013 16:09:18 UTC+1, Richard C wrote: It is the key combination that the MS Office suite uses (for example: a little known fact is that you

[MLO] MyLifeOrganized Private Clouds / Android sync with FTP

2013-10-29 Thread Stéph
+1 I put things in my MLO outline that I wouldn't want Amazon (the sync server provider) to have access to, so I have to stick with WiFi sync. Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[MLO] MLOBETA-58 FR: customisable behaviour of project status and waterfall propagation if inactive

2013-10-30 Thread Stéph
Thanks for bringing this up, Kitus, First: I agree with you - I don't want suspended project actions to appear in the list - perhaps by automatically selecting 'Hide Branch' when a project is suspended or completed. Any preparatory actions could always be put in a branch separate from the

[MLO] Outlook File

2013-10-31 Thread Stéph
Hello, If you're using Outlook 10, then Microsoft (in their wisdom) have now disabled support for links from external programs. If you do an Internet search, you'll find it's possible to bring back this feature, but only if you carry out a registry edit (which I can't do on my company

[MLO] Re: Anyone have any experience using MLO for more than just tasks? Like a full text based reference system?

2013-11-04 Thread Stéph
SRhyse and Maren, You'll be glad to hear that the search function is rock-solid in the iPhone beta and that the latest beta is on the verge of release. In fact, that and some of the other features have lead to me deleting the iPad version and using the iPhone beta on my iPad as well. The

[MLO] Re: MLOBETA-58 FR: customisable behaviour of project status and waterfall propagation if inactive

2013-11-04 Thread Stéph
of the inheritance features in Bonsai. Stéphane On Friday, 1 November 2013 10:09:59 UTC, kitus wrote: Stéph, David, help me get people's attention. If we get enough consensus, the MLO team might consider this feature request. On Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:47:15 AM UTC+1, David Jade wrote: I

[MLO] Re: Daylight Savings

2013-11-07 Thread Stéph
Hello Eric. This looks like a straight bug report, so I've posted it on the Beta testing bug report site on your behalf. Can other Android users confirm? Stéphane On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 15:17:22 UTC, Eric Owens wrote: This past weekend was Daylight Savings. I noticed all my tasks

[MLO] Re: Daylight Savings

2013-11-08 Thread Stéph
in the scenario of 2 mobile devices using cloud sync). Eric On Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:55:47 AM UTC-6, Stéph wrote: Hello Eric. This looks like a straight bug report, so I've posted it on the Beta testing bug report site on your behalf. Can other Android users confirm? Stéphane

[MLO] Any due date of tomorrow or later decreases urgency - please fix

2013-11-11 Thread Stéph
Agreed. For me, no date should always be less important than an item with a set due date. Stéphane -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[MLO] Importance and Urgency are 0.00000000 for all tasks after update to 4.2

2013-11-11 Thread Stéph
I've just tested this and have a different result: Although importance and urgency are set as 100 on all new items, they are not always displayed correctly in the Task Statistics. I should also note that the importance and urgency scales are inconsistent between the General group and the Task

[MLO] Re: MyLifeOrganized Private Clouds / Android sync with FTP

2013-11-15 Thread Stéph
Don't think my activities would be very interesting to the security services (unless Russian security want to arrest me at gunpoint for past Greenpeace support activities - Oops, that's given it away!). I'm more concerned about private hackers finding out enough about me to be able to commit

[MLO] Question about current MLO-iPad functionality and upcoming v2

2013-11-18 Thread Stéph
Hello Robert, Here are my opinions: 1) The current iPad version will cover what you want to do. However, if your task list grows or you want to use any other functionality, then the iPhone version runs rings around it. For me (with many more than 200 items in my outline), the search function

[MLO] Re: Question about current MLO-iPad functionality and upcoming v2

2013-11-19 Thread Stéph
Hello Robert, I'm using the iPhone version 2 on my iPad (although I actually use it more on my iPhone) in preference to iPad v1, although I understand Nick's point about iPhone apps looking bloated and not making much of the screen space on an iPad.. Stop Press: Andrey has just started talking

[MLO] Re: Help: MLO syn to Outlook does not exclude projects

2013-11-19 Thread Stéph
Thanks for posting this, Wim. I'm now feeling encouraged to try out Outlook sync as well. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups MyLifeOrganized group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

  1   2   3   4   >