Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-04 Thread Mojca Miklavec
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 18:53, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
 So following your instructions I get:

 C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich -progname=texexec basic-template
 c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex

Does it help if you move the file to
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/context/third/mine/basic-template.tex

The important thing might be to put it under tex/context/[whatever].
The location tex/[whatever] won't work in general.

Mojca
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-04 Thread Hans Hagen

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 18:53, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

So following your instructions I get:

C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich -progname=texexec basic-template
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex


Does it help if you move the file to
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/context/third/mine/basic-template.tex

The important thing might be to put it under tex/context/[whatever].
The location tex/[whatever] won't work in general.


ah ... clever ... i hadn't noticed that .. indeed context related files 
reside under tex/context, that's the way tds + lookups work


-
  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
  Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
 tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
 | www.pragma-pod.nl
-
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-04 Thread Christopher G D Tipper
OK, that fixes it (except I prefer tex/context/user/mine). I have been 
using tex/sources for over a decade though.


Many thanks for your patience.

Christopher

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 18:53, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

So following your instructions I get:

C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich -progname=texexec basic-template
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex


Does it help if you move the file to
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/context/third/mine/basic-template.tex

The important thing might be to put it under tex/context/[whatever].
The location tex/[whatever] won't work in general.

Mojca
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___

___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-04 Thread Mojca Miklavec
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 16:04, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
 OK, that fixes it (except I prefer tex/context/user/mine). I have been using
 tex/sources for over a decade though.

It depends on settings of TeX distribution.

You can change that in texmf.cnf:
(TeX Live:)
TEXINPUTS.context   = .;$TEXMF/tex/{context,plain,generic,}//
(Minimals:)
TEXINPUTS.context =
.;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/tex/{context,plain/base,generic}//

You can overwrite just that variable in your local tree.

Mojca
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-03 Thread Christopher G D Tipper
OK the problem becomes clearer. The map files are now fixed, and texexec 
now complains it cannot find punr8a.pfb. Copying all pfb and afm files 
to c:\context\texmf-context\font\type1\adobe\univers and refreshing the 
filename database with mktexlsr allows the document to compile.


I have two problems:
(1) (The original problem) putting the pfb and afm files in texmf-local 
and updating filename database does not work. So texmf-local is being 
ignored.


(2) (My real problem, preventing me from using my own setups) \input 
basic-template where basic-template.tex is in the local tree is an error 
and the file will not compile.


However, I get this:
C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich basic-template
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex

C:\Users\Christopher

So for some reason texexec is not using kpsewhich to find setups. Why not?

Christopher


Mojca Miklavec wrote:

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 15:23, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

Hi Mojca,

We are talking about a problem with texexec.bat,
and I have a feeling that texexec.exe may behave differently, once I can
execute it.


Unlikely.

I just wanted to say that texexec.exe itself is also working (if I
copy Taco's mtxrun.exe to texexec.exe).



Yes, I forgot to mention that I copied all files to the Desktop (including
the tfm and the typescript) and got the same error with texexec.bat.


If you copied all the files to desktop (including map and enc files
and removing the directory structure) and tried to compile a tex file
on desktop ...it could be that there's something wrong with either
files or ConTeXt, not necessary with wrong tree structure.

I highly suspect a problem with same map file (missing, failed to load
or corrupted). The tfm file itself is not enough. You also need to
load a map file that has the line with that font included (unless it's
a mf fonts).


Also I last had Context working on this PC in May, and the file compiled
fine. However, I removed MikTeX 2.7 shortly after that (which was broken)
and have been unable to use Context since. Not a problem, as I have a
working setup on my Mac, but there is very little reason to upgrade the Mac,
as everything I need currently works.


Mojca
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___

___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-03 Thread Hans Hagen

Christopher G D Tipper wrote:


However, I get this:
C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich basic-template
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex

C:\Users\Christopher

So for some reason texexec is not using kpsewhich to find setups. Why not?


this is not related to texexec but to the way texmf.cnf is set up

what happens if you say

kpsewhich -progname=context ...



-
  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
  Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
 tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
 | www.pragma-pod.nl
-
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-03 Thread Hans Hagen

Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
OK the problem becomes clearer. The map files are now fixed, and texexec 
now complains it cannot find punr8a.pfb. Copying all pfb and afm files 
to c:\context\texmf-context\font\type1\adobe\univers and refreshing the 
filename database with mktexlsr allows the document to compile.


I have two problems:
(1) (The original problem) putting the pfb and afm files in texmf-local 
and updating filename database does not work. So texmf-local is being 
ignored.


(2) (My real problem, preventing me from using my own setups) \input 
basic-template where basic-template.tex is in the local tree is an error 
and the file will not compile.


However, I get this:
C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich basic-template
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex

C:\Users\Christopher

So for some reason texexec is not using kpsewhich to find setups. Why not?


you can simulate what context looks for with:

texmfstart --locate basic-template.tex

-
  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
  Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
 tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
 | www.pragma-pod.nl
-
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-03 Thread Christopher G D Tipper

So following your instructions I get:

C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich -progname=texexec basic-template
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex

C:\Users\Christophertexmfstart --locate basic-template.tex
C:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex
C:\Users\Christopher

However when I run texexec, I get an error:
texexec --pdf --interface=en --nonstop rss-tech-tip.tex
...
(c:/context/texmf-context/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.mkii))
! I can't find file `basic-template'.
l.1 \input basic-template

(Press Enter to retry, or Control-Z to exit)
Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
l.1 \input basic-template

I don't have a clue what's happening, I'm afraid.

Christopher

Hans Hagen wrote:

Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
OK the problem becomes clearer. The map files are now fixed, and 
texexec now complains it cannot find punr8a.pfb. Copying all pfb and 
afm files to c:\context\texmf-context\font\type1\adobe\univers and 
refreshing the filename database with mktexlsr allows the document to 
compile.


I have two problems:
(1) (The original problem) putting the pfb and afm files in 
texmf-local and updating filename database does not work. So 
texmf-local is being ignored.


(2) (My real problem, preventing me from using my own setups) \input 
basic-template where basic-template.tex is in the local tree is an 
error and the file will not compile.


However, I get this:
C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich basic-template
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex

C:\Users\Christopher

So for some reason texexec is not using kpsewhich to find setups. Why 
not?


you can simulate what context looks for with:

texmfstart --locate basic-template.tex

-
  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
  Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
 tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
 | www.pragma-pod.nl
-
___ 

If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry 
to the Wiki!


maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / 
http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context

webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___ 


___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-03 Thread Hans Hagen

Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

So following your instructions I get:

C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich -progname=texexec basic-template
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex

C:\Users\Christophertexmfstart --locate basic-template.tex
C:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex
C:\Users\Christopher

However when I run texexec, I get an error:
texexec --pdf --interface=en --nonstop rss-tech-tip.tex

(c:/context/texmf-context/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.mkii))
! I can't find file `basic-template'.
l.1 \input basic-template

(Press Enter to retry, or Control-Z to exit)
Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
l.1 \input basic-template

I don't have a clue what's happening, I'm afraid.


i have no clue either, some kpse mess up or so

Hans

-
  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
  Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
 tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
 | www.pragma-pod.nl
-
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-02 Thread Mojca Miklavec
On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 23:20, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
 Hi,

 I am a user of Context from the old days, and usually don't need much help
 installing the software. However, I am needing to use Contextminimals for
 the first time, as Miktex 2.8 has dropped Context support.

 My problem is that I have a lot of my own setups and personal fonts and
 Contextminimals seems to have some problem dealing with local setups. I am
 using MkII by the way but these problems seem to exist in MkIV also.

 I have a font, Univers, installed to texmf-local with texfont and Context
 claims it cannot find the font definitions.

 running texexec I get the following:

 !pdfTeX error: pdftex.exe (file 8r-raw-punr8a): Font 8r-raw-punr8a at 432
 not found
  == Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
 TeXExec | runtime: 10.311

Hello Christopher,

You may try one thing before starting the struggle with files. Can you
try to put all the files that you need in current directory (the one
from where you need to compile your document)? If that works then
there's indeed a problem with TeX trees. If not, there might even be a
problem with files themselves or with typescripts.

(It looks like you have used the files before, but an extra check
would not hurt.)

It could be that some map file is missing or has not been properly
generated. TeXfont might be a bit buggy.

Mojca
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-02 Thread Christopher G D Tipper

Hi Mojca,

I recommend we wait until the issue with executables referenced in my 
previous post is resolved. We are talking about a problem with 
texexec.bat, and I have a feeling that texexec.exe may behave 
differently, once I can execute it. (Tell Hans to test it on Vista, as 
he seemed to jump to the conclusion that I was using XP).


However, my setups have been transferred directly from my iMac, and the 
test document compiles using gwTeX and an 18-month old version of Context.


Christopher

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 23:20, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

Hi,

I am a user of Context from the old days, and usually don't need much help
installing the software. However, I am needing to use Contextminimals for
the first time, as Miktex 2.8 has dropped Context support.

My problem is that I have a lot of my own setups and personal fonts and
Contextminimals seems to have some problem dealing with local setups. I am
using MkII by the way but these problems seem to exist in MkIV also.

I have a font, Univers, installed to texmf-local with texfont and Context
claims it cannot find the font definitions.

running texexec I get the following:

!pdfTeX error: pdftex.exe (file 8r-raw-punr8a): Font 8r-raw-punr8a at 432
not found
 == Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
TeXExec | runtime: 10.311


Hello Christopher,

You may try one thing before starting the struggle with files. Can you
try to put all the files that you need in current directory (the one
from where you need to compile your document)? If that works then
there's indeed a problem with TeX trees. If not, there might even be a
problem with files themselves or with typescripts.

(It looks like you have used the files before, but an extra check
would not hurt.)

It could be that some map file is missing or has not been properly
generated. TeXfont might be a bit buggy.

Mojca

___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-02 Thread Mojca Miklavec
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 15:23, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
 Hi Mojca,

 I recommend we wait until the issue with executables referenced in my
 previous post is resolved. We are talking about a problem with texexec.bat,
 and I have a feeling that texexec.exe may behave differently, once I can
 execute it. (Tell Hans to test it on Vista, as he seemed to jump to the
 conclusion that I was using XP).

Hans works on Vista. I tested Taco's executables on Windows 7 and they
seem to work ok, but I can confirm that what's currently in
distribution is broken on windows. (Which means that Hans either needs
to take Taco's executables or completely remove them from distribution
and I'll add them in minimals separately.) But then again ... I forgot
to test texexec.exe, luatools.exe and mtxrun.exe run just fine. (2GB
of ram hardly suffices to run windows inside VM since OSX with Safari
alone takes it all, but I'll try to test again later.)

I could use ugly patches now to remove the broken executables and
replace them with newer ones, but I hope that Hans will fix that issue
soon enough.

 However, my setups have been transferred directly from my iMac, and the test
 document compiles using gwTeX and an 18-month old version of Context.

18 months most probably refers to TeX Live 2007 ... the fonts should
still work, but anything is possible.

There are two easy things to check if the tree is guilty:
- either copy everything to current directory
- or copy everything to texmf-context and run mktexlrs

If it starts working then you may judge the tree structure, else it
must be some other problem.

Mojca
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-02 Thread Christopher G D Tipper

Hi Mojca,

Yes, I forgot to mention that I copied all files to the Desktop 
(including the tfm and the typescript) and got the same error with 
texexec.bat.


Also I last had Context working on this PC in May, and the file compiled 
fine. However, I removed MikTeX 2.7 shortly after that (which was 
broken) and have been unable to use Context since. Not a problem, as I 
have a working setup on my Mac, but there is very little reason to 
upgrade the Mac, as everything I need currently works.


Christopher

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 15:23, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

Hi Mojca,

I recommend we wait until the issue with executables referenced in my
previous post is resolved. We are talking about a problem with texexec.bat,
and I have a feeling that texexec.exe may behave differently, once I can
execute it. (Tell Hans to test it on Vista, as he seemed to jump to the
conclusion that I was using XP).


Hans works on Vista. I tested Taco's executables on Windows 7 and they
seem to work ok, but I can confirm that what's currently in
distribution is broken on windows. (Which means that Hans either needs
to take Taco's executables or completely remove them from distribution
and I'll add them in minimals separately.) But then again ... I forgot
to test texexec.exe, luatools.exe and mtxrun.exe run just fine. (2GB
of ram hardly suffices to run windows inside VM since OSX with Safari
alone takes it all, but I'll try to test again later.)

I could use ugly patches now to remove the broken executables and
replace them with newer ones, but I hope that Hans will fix that issue
soon enough.


However, my setups have been transferred directly from my iMac, and the test
document compiles using gwTeX and an 18-month old version of Context.


18 months most probably refers to TeX Live 2007 ... the fonts should
still work, but anything is possible.

There are two easy things to check if the tree is guilty:
- either copy everything to current directory
- or copy everything to texmf-context and run mktexlrs

If it starts working then you may judge the tree structure, else it
must be some other problem.

Mojca
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___

___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-12-02 Thread Mojca Miklavec
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 15:23, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
 Hi Mojca,

 We are talking about a problem with texexec.bat,
 and I have a feeling that texexec.exe may behave differently, once I can
 execute it.

Unlikely.

I just wanted to say that texexec.exe itself is also working (if I
copy Taco's mtxrun.exe to texexec.exe).


 Yes, I forgot to mention that I copied all files to the Desktop (including
 the tfm and the typescript) and got the same error with texexec.bat.

If you copied all the files to desktop (including map and enc files
and removing the directory structure) and tried to compile a tex file
on desktop ...it could be that there's something wrong with either
files or ConTeXt, not necessary with wrong tree structure.

I highly suspect a problem with same map file (missing, failed to load
or corrupted). The tfm file itself is not enough. You also need to
load a map file that has the line with that font included (unless it's
a mf fonts).

 Also I last had Context working on this PC in May, and the file compiled
 fine. However, I removed MikTeX 2.7 shortly after that (which was broken)
 and have been unable to use Context since. Not a problem, as I have a
 working setup on my Mac, but there is very little reason to upgrade the Mac,
 as everything I need currently works.

Mojca
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-11-30 Thread Hans Hagen

Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

Hi,

I am a user of Context from the old days, and usually don't need much 
help installing the software. However, I am needing to use 
Contextminimals for the first time, as Miktex 2.8 has dropped Context 
support.


My problem is that I have a lot of my own setups and personal fonts and 
Contextminimals seems to have some problem dealing with local setups. I 
am using MkII by the way but these problems seem to exist in MkIV also.


I have a font, Univers, installed to texmf-local with texfont and 
Context claims it cannot find the font definitions.


running texexec I get the following:

!pdfTeX error: pdftex.exe (file 8r-raw-punr8a): Font 8r-raw-punr8a at 
432 not found

 == Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
TeXExec | runtime: 10.311

ConTeXt Full finished at Sun Nov 29 21:58:36

Then from command prompt, I type:
C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich 8r-raw-punr8a.tfm
c:/context/texmf-local/fonts/tfm/adobe/univers/8r-raw-punr8a.tfm

I know this is not strictly relevant to MkII, but for comparison:
C:\Users\Christopherluatools --expand-path TEXMFLOCAL
c:/context/texmf-local

Also
C:\Users\Christophertexexec --version
TeXExec | version 6.2.1 - 1997-2009 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

C:\Users\Christophercontext --version
MTXrun | main context file: 
c:/context/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.te

x
MTXrun | current version: 2009.10.27 16:35

How do I get Context to recognise the local setup?


can you check the TEXMF variable?

there should be texmf-local as well as texmf-fonts and texmf-project

(i normally put fonts in texmf-fonts)

-
  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
  Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
 tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
 | www.pragma-pod.nl
-
___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-11-30 Thread Christopher G D Tipper




Message: 2
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:33:00 +0100
From: Hans Hagen pra...@wxs.nl
To: mailing list for ConTeXt users ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista
Message-ID: 4b13914c.1000...@wxs.nl
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

Hi,

I am a user of Context from the old days, and usually don't need much 
help installing the software. However, I am needing to use 
Contextminimals for the first time, as Miktex 2.8 has dropped Context 
support.


My problem is that I have a lot of my own setups and personal fonts and 
Contextminimals seems to have some problem dealing with local setups. I 
am using MkII by the way but these problems seem to exist in MkIV also.


I have a font, Univers, installed to texmf-local with texfont and 
Context claims it cannot find the font definitions.


running texexec I get the following:

!pdfTeX error: pdftex.exe (file 8r-raw-punr8a): Font 8r-raw-punr8a at 
432 not found

 == Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
TeXExec | runtime: 10.311

ConTeXt Full finished at Sun Nov 29 21:58:36

Then from command prompt, I type:
C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich 8r-raw-punr8a.tfm
c:/context/texmf-local/fonts/tfm/adobe/univers/8r-raw-punr8a.tfm

C:\Users\Christophercontext --version
MTXrun | main context file: 
c:/context/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.te

x
MTXrun | current version: 2009.10.27 16:35

How do I get Context to recognise the local setup?


can you check the TEXMF variable?


 there should be texmf-local as well as texmf-fonts and texmf-project

 (i normally put fonts in texmf-fonts)

This is set in several places, and I can never tell which takes precedence.

But User Environment variable TEXMF is set to:
{%HOME%\Library\texmf,c:\context\texmf,c:\context\texmf-local,c:\context\texmf-context,c:\context\texmf-mswin}

Then we have C:\context\texmf\web2c\texmf.cnf with the following line:
TEXMF = 
{$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFPROJECT,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFCONTEXT,!!$TEXMFOS,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN}


Then we have C:\context\texmf-context\web2c\context.cnf with the 
following line:
TEXMF = 
{$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFPROJECT,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN}


Then we have C:\context\texmf-local\web2c\texmf.cnf with the following line:
TEXMF = 
{$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFPROJECT,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFCONTEXT,!!$TEXMFOS,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN}


Note I am also trying to use TEXMFHOME, but this problem also exists and 
fixing one may fix both.


Christopher



-
   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
   Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
  tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
  | www.pragma-pod.nl
-

___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___


[NTG-context] problem with texmf-local on Vista

2009-11-29 Thread Christopher G D Tipper

Hi,

I am a user of Context from the old days, and usually don't need much 
help installing the software. However, I am needing to use 
Contextminimals for the first time, as Miktex 2.8 has dropped Context 
support.


My problem is that I have a lot of my own setups and personal fonts and 
Contextminimals seems to have some problem dealing with local setups. I 
am using MkII by the way but these problems seem to exist in MkIV also.


I have a font, Univers, installed to texmf-local with texfont and 
Context claims it cannot find the font definitions.


running texexec I get the following:

!pdfTeX error: pdftex.exe (file 8r-raw-punr8a): Font 8r-raw-punr8a at 
432 not found

 == Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
TeXExec | runtime: 10.311

ConTeXt Full finished at Sun Nov 29 21:58:36

Then from command prompt, I type:
C:\Users\Christopherkpsewhich 8r-raw-punr8a.tfm
c:/context/texmf-local/fonts/tfm/adobe/univers/8r-raw-punr8a.tfm

I know this is not strictly relevant to MkII, but for comparison:
C:\Users\Christopherluatools --expand-path TEXMFLOCAL
c:/context/texmf-local

Also
C:\Users\Christophertexexec --version
TeXExec | version 6.2.1 - 1997-2009 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

C:\Users\Christophercontext --version
MTXrun | main context file: 
c:/context/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.te

x
MTXrun | current version: 2009.10.27 16:35

How do I get Context to recognise the local setup?

Christopher


___
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
___