You’re invited to join this Wednesday, May 11th, 15:00 CEST (UTC+2)
ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
Hans will probably give a Q session again – please announce subjects
you’d like to discuss ASAP, so that he can prepare.
E.g. we can talk a bit about bibliography (citeproc/CSL) and
widow/orphan control, and I’d like to understand collectors.
(Same blurb as every time:)
* No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
work (WebRTC required).
* Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
* enter your name,
* click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
* click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the audio.
* Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
camera with the buttons at the bottom.
* Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
* If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button. Beware
there is only one presenter, so don’t kill someone else’s presentation.
* Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
* Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
* If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
* Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
* Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
with anonymous lurkers.
* Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
* It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
* If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
* The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
See you, Hraban
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the
maillist : email@example.com / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
archive : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net