[openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-08 Thread Matt Caswell
We have 2 outstanding 1.1.1 PRs. These are: #7144 ASN.1 DER: Make INT32 / INT64 types read badly encoded LONG zeroes Owner: Richard Awaiting updates following review feedback #7145 SipHash: add separate setter for the hash size Owner: Richard Awaiting updates following review feedback

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-08 Thread Matt Caswell
On 07/09/18 10:09, Richard Levitte wrote: > In message on Fri, 7 Sep > 2018 09:56:01 +0100, Matt Caswell said: > >> >> >> On 07/09/18 01:51, Richard Levitte wrote: >>> I think this one should be part of the lot as well: >>> >>> #7144 >>> ASN.1 DER: Make INT32 / INT64 types read badly

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-08 Thread Matt Caswell
On 07/09/18 01:51, Richard Levitte wrote: > I think this one should be part of the lot as well: > > #7144 > ASN.1 DER: Make INT32 / INT64 types read badly encoded LONG zeroes > > For example, *all* two-prime RSA keys from pre-1.1.1 become unreadable > in 1.1.1, because pre-1.1.1 encodes the

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-06 Thread Richard Levitte
In message <20180907.025152.1131079938025695690.levi...@openssl.org> on Fri, 07 Sep 2018 02:51:52 +0200 (CEST), Richard Levitte said: > For example, *all* two-prime RSA keys from pre-1.1.1 become unreadable That was a bit of an over-statement... but it seems that there are things in the wild

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-06 Thread Paul Dale
nssl-project] Release Criteria Update   All PRs except #7145 now reviewed and marked ready.   Tim    On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 8:41 AM, Matt Caswell mailto:m...@openssl.org"m...@openssl.org> wrote: We currently have 8 1.1.1 PRs that are open. 3 of which are in the "ready" st

[openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-06 Thread Matt Caswell
We currently have 8 1.1.1 PRs that are open. 3 of which are in the "ready" state. There are 2 which are alternative implementations of the same thing - so there are really on 4 issues currently being addressed: #7145 SipHash: add separate setter for the hash size Owner: Richard Awaiting review

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-06 Thread Viktor Dukhovni
> On Sep 6, 2018, at 6:25 PM, Matt Caswell wrote: > > I'm not keen on that. What do others think? No objections to issuing a release. We're unlikely to have to change the API/ABI or feature set based on further beta feedback. Any late bugs can be fixed in 1.1.1a, and unless they trigger

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-06 Thread Tim Hudson
We need to get this release out and available - there are a lot of people waiting on the "production"release - and who won't go forward on a beta (simple fact of life there). I don't see the outstanding items as release blockers - and they will be wrapped up in time. Having the release date as a

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-06 Thread Matt Caswell
On 06/09/18 17:32, Kurt Roeckx wrote: > On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 05:11:41PM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote: >> Current status of the 1.1.1 PRs/issues: > > Since we did make a lot of changes, including things that > applications can run into, would it make sense to have an other > beta release? I'm

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-06 Thread Kurt Roeckx
On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 05:11:41PM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote: > Current status of the 1.1.1 PRs/issues: Since we did make a lot of changes, including things that applications can run into, would it make sense to have an other beta release? Kurt ___

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-06 Thread Benjamin Kaduk
On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 06:04:08PM -0500, Benjamin Kaduk wrote: > On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 11:59:34PM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote: > > Today's update is that we still have 6 open PRs for 1.1.1. 5 of these > > are the same as yesterday. The 1 that was marked as "ready" yesterday > > has now been

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-05 Thread Tim Hudson
On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 8:59 AM, Matt Caswell wrote: > #7113 An alternative to address the SM2 ID issues > (an alternative to the older PR, #6757) > > Updates made following earlier review. Awaiting another round of reviews. > Owner: Paul Yang All the previous comments have been addressed. I

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-05 Thread Benjamin Kaduk
On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 11:59:34PM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote: > Today's update is that we still have 6 open PRs for 1.1.1. 5 of these > are the same as yesterday. The 1 that was marked as "ready" yesterday > has now been merged, and a new PR addressing issue #7014 has been opened. > > There are

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-05 Thread Matt Caswell
Today's update is that we still have 6 open PRs for 1.1.1. 5 of these are the same as yesterday. The 1 that was marked as "ready" yesterday has now been merged, and a new PR addressing issue #7014 has been opened. There are still 2 open issues for 1.1.1 but both of these are now being addressed

Re: [openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-04 Thread Benjamin Kaduk
On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 05:11:41PM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote: > There are 2 open issues for 1.1.1. One of these is being addressed by > PR#7073 above. The other one is: > > #7014 TLSv1.2 SNI hostname works in 1.1.0h, not in 1.1.1 master (as of > 18-Aug) > > This one seems stuck!! No clear way

[openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

2018-09-04 Thread Matt Caswell
Current status of the 1.1.1 PRs/issues: There are currently 6 open PRs for 1.1.1. However in 2 cases there are 2 alternative implementations for the same thing - so really there are only 4 issues being addressed. One of these is in the "ready" state. The remaining 3 are: #7114 Process KeyUpdate