Thanks to Connie who convinced me. It seems using of U+066C is the best option. But don't you think shape of U+066C is very similar to sign of 'foot' and 'minute'? (http://students.washington.edu/irina/persianword/afgDecSep.JPG) Bedrood,Behzad
Dear Connie, Like you, I use WinXP and IE 6.0. I'm sorry to say that I can't help you on the other platforms. But take a look at http://www.browsercam.com , which provides good services for web page testing on mutiliple platforms and different browsers. Hope this helps :-) Please inform us
Hi, I'm still around ;-) How's every body? I found something on the net, which I guess there are many people in the list, who might be interested in the subject. Thesis: Web Content Mining - Problems of Persian Websites Summary: http://www.irandoc.ac.ir/data/e_j/vol4/shahidi_abs.htm PDF
Dear list,I'm considering programming a simple "Search Engine" for a website, to find Arabic/Persian data within a MySQL database. This database contains a huge amount of data, encoded with Unicode (UTF-8). The big deal is to ** reduce the response time ** to end-users.My first
Mohsen wrote: But himself solved his problem. with : mysql_query("SET NAMES utf8"); Even 4.0.xWrong. I decided to prepare two different versions for my software: - A MySQL 4.0-friendly version using Romanizing method (Hats off to you, Ehsan) - A MySQL 4.1-compatible version.
Dear Behdad,On 25 Nov 2005, you wrote: Another options is to get yourself a real search engine, like Apache Lucene. I've written my experience using that here: http://mces.blogspot.com/2005/04/on-lucene-and-its-decency.htmlYou always offer the most brilliant solutions!!Unfortunately, I
Behdad Esfahbod wrote: That's the tricky part, or where the runtime-hell comes in. What I did was to write a small java program based on the samples in Lucene to connect to my database and feed the data into Lucene. At search time, I have another little Java program that takes the query