Re: [Pharo-dev] about theme and friends

2013-05-14 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 14, 2013, at 5:13 PM, Benjamin benjamin.vanryseghem.ph...@gmail.com wrote: The problem is the overlapping. For settings, different project do not define the same settings. But for tools, it's different By example, Browser, and Nautilus will try to register to default browser. I'm

Re: [Pharo-dev] about theme and friends

2013-05-14 Thread stephane ducasse
StandardWindowdefaultColor Answer the default color/fill style for the receiver ^self theme windowColor to me I would put windowColor as a variable of the window. Stef On May 14, 2013, at 4:55 PM, Stéphane Ducasse stephane.duca...@inria.fr wrote: esteban I

Re: [Pharo-dev] about theme and friends

2013-05-14 Thread stephane ducasse
- Original Message - From: Benjamin To: Discusses Development of Pharo Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:22 PM Subject: Re: [Pharo-dev] about theme and friends Ok, my bad :) This is a massive refactoring, but indeed, it may be cool :) Ben On May 14, 2013, at 5:18 PM, stephane ducasse

Re: [Pharo-dev] collaborActive book refers to SS

2013-05-16 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 16, 2013, at 12:13 PM, Frank Shearar frank.shea...@gmail.com wrote: On 16 May 2013 10:38, stephane ducasse stephane.duca...@free.fr wrote: On May 16, 2013, at 11:23 AM, Frank Shearar frank.shea...@gmail.com wrote: http://book.pharo-project.org/book/Tidbits/FAQ/Packages/ talks

Re: [Pharo-dev] Stop saving the image at the end of an 'eval' script!

2013-05-18 Thread stephane ducasse
can you update zeroConf chapter ? On May 17, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Damien Cassou damien.cas...@gmail.com wrote: Hi, If you have scripts you call with the command line argument 'eval' like this: ./pharo eval '1+2. Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true' you will get into problems in Pharo

Re: [Pharo-dev] collaborActive book refers to SS

2013-05-18 Thread stephane ducasse
frank you are about Pharo by example (which is hosted on github)? I'm checking because PBE2 is on github but this is an old version since I moved the chapter to svn. Stef On May 16, 2013, at 12:44 PM, stephane ducasse stephane.duca...@free.fr wrote: On May 16, 2013, at 12:13 PM, Frank

Re: [Pharo-dev] WhatsUp from: 2013-05-20 until: 2013-05-31

2013-05-20 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 20, 2013, at 7:00 AM, seas...@rmod.lille.inria.fr wrote: Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to coordinate efforts. Just answer informally, and feel free to spawn discussions thereafter!

Re: [Pharo-dev] TxText new version 0.8

2013-05-20 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 19, 2013, at 10:01 PM, Denis Kudriashov dionisi...@gmail.com wrote: Hello. New TxText version 0.8 is ready: - editor stuff extracted to separate packages TxText-Editor and TxTextTests-Editor may be you should call the second package TxTextEditor-Tests - edit decorators

Re: [Pharo-dev] AST Everywhere, Reflectivity

2013-05-20 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 20, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Frank Shearar frank.shea...@gmail.com wrote: On 20 May 2013 16:57, Marcus Denker marcus.den...@inria.fr wrote: On May 20, 2013, at 4:44 PM, Paul Davidowitz pdavi...@fastmail.fm wrote: I just started following this Dev mailing list, and I saw that 'AST

Re: [Pharo-dev] AST Everywhere, Reflectivity

2013-05-20 Thread stephane ducasse
Hacking inside the compiler instead of extending it to support a good static way of declaring transformations is way to: - make the system more complex, less modular - hamper tools to use a good infrastructure - push hacks and hidden knowledge in all the layers.

Re: [Pharo-dev] Bug in SimpleSwitchMorph

2013-05-20 Thread stephane ducasse
may be the behavior is normal because it wants to encode that - if we press and keep pressed and get outside the morph then nothing should happen once we release the button. Now there is still something strange. It is really slow and this behavior should be customised because for

Re: [Pharo-dev] TxText new version 0.8

2013-05-21 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 21, 2013, at 9:00 AM, Denis Kudriashov dionisi...@gmail.com wrote: 2013/5/20 stephane ducasse stephane.duca...@free.fr Hello. New TxText version 0.8 is ready: - editor stuff extracted to separate packages TxText-Editor and TxTextTests-Editor may be you should call

Re: [Pharo-dev] TxText new version 0.8

2013-05-21 Thread stephane ducasse
I named it none edit decorator because It actually not performs any decoration around basic editing operations. TxNoneEditDecorator just performs it. Yes this is what TxNullEditDecorator would convey. I do not see why TxNoneEditDecorator would mean that and not the TxNullEditDecorator.

Re: [Pharo-dev] [update 3.0] #30153

2013-05-21 Thread stephane ducasse
yes because nicolas should change the diff algorithem to diff against the latest present parent and not just the direct one since we merge. I really want to get the diff working. Stef On May 21, 2013, at 5:48 PM, Frank Shearar frank.shea...@gmail.com wrote: On 21 May 2013 16:44, Esteban

Re: [Pharo-dev] [sbe] Pharo por Ejemplo vs Pharo en exemplos

2013-05-21 Thread stephane ducasse
with the Syntax and Seaside chapters. IMO Pharo en Ejemplos sounds more natural than Pharo por Ejemplo that is the literal word-by-word translation. Rafa 2013/5/21 stephane ducasse stephane.duca...@free.fr On May 21, 2013, at 8:47 AM, Oscar Nierstrasz os...@iam.unibe.ch wrote: Be careful

Re: [Pharo-dev] WhatsUp from: 2013-05-20 until: 2013-05-31

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
cool :) On May 22, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Christophe Demarey christophe.dema...@inria.fr wrote: Le 20 mai 2013 à 07:00, seas...@rmod.lille.inria.fr a écrit : Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to

Re: [Pharo-dev] Bug in SimpleSwitchMorph

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
Ben I started to understand what is wrong: - if I click on the moprh + keep down and slightly move - the morph toggles as if I would have released the mouse button. and this is not linked to the fact that I get outside the bounds of the morph. Stef On May 20, 2013, at 10:55

Re: [Pharo-dev] Bug in SimpleSwitchMorph

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
I will try to clean a bit But this SimpleButtonMorph is not so simple Now by redefining SimpleSwitchMorphmouseMove: evt ^ self I addressed the bug. But all the code tells me that this is too complex. Ben I would like to pair program with you to define a B Here is

Re: [Pharo-dev] MC Filetree -- missing FiletreeURL ?

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
Well. What I should have asked was have you cloned the repository with the intention of pushing improvements upstream, or have you forked the project with no intention of pushing changes upstream? what means pushing changes upstream? to the original gofer repo? Because the latter option

Re: [Pharo-dev] MC Filetree -- missing FiletreeURL ?

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
Well. What I should have asked was have you cloned the repository with the intention of pushing improvements upstream, or have you forked the project with no intention of pushing changes upstream? Now, I'd have a question related to that. Where should I push my changes ? Or give up on

Re: [Pharo-dev] MC Filetree -- missing FiletreeURL ?

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
Sorry, was that supposed to be an answer? I must go find out how much work you've done before guessing whether you've forked and abandoned upstream? Like I said: What I want to know is this: if I want to make a change to infrastructure common to multiple Smalltalks, does Pharo expect me

Re: [Pharo-dev] MC Filetree -- missing FiletreeURL ?

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
There IS a reason pharo forked from squeak... I'm not pursuing this thread: it's my understanding that the fork was largely political, and personal, and that's as far as I'm going to talk about it. Reducing Pharo to a personal decision is ridiculous but you can believe it if you want. Then

Re: [Pharo-dev] MC Filetree -- missing FiletreeURL ?

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
I believe the things I do regarding the fork because of personal conversations with people close to the decision. Fun because we are the people who took the decisions and we never got a real discussions so far. So this means that so far you got discussions with people that believe that they

Re: [Pharo-dev] Ants we are smaller and smaller (was MC Filetree ..)

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
PS: we are ants running around while elephants (python, ruby, Javascripts) are passing close by. Not making serious progress is death. We will be even smaller ants if we won't cooperate and listen to each other, and this thread is exact example, how listening don't go very well. No it is

Re: [Pharo-dev] Ants we are smaller and smaller (was MC Filetree ..)

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
PS: we are ants running around while elephants (python, ruby, Javascripts) are passing close by. Not making serious progress is death. We will be even smaller ants if we won't cooperate and listen to each other, and this thread is exact example, how listening don't go very well.

Re: [Pharo-dev] Messy Configurations

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 22, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Camillo Bruni camillobr...@gmail.com wrote: I recently spent some time to revise how to write Metacello Configurations. Observation: - many configurations are quite a mess - many configurations duplicate code internally - many configurations have

Re: [Pharo-dev] FileSystem moveTo:

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
I imagine that (FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'paf' ) moveTo: (FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'fooFolder' / 'paf') I thought that it was inside something….. On May 22, 2013, at 7:24 PM, Stéphane Ducasse stephane.duca...@inria.fr wrote: How do I move a file inside a folder?

[Pharo-dev] could we rename ensureDeleted into ensureDelete?

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
Because I do not understand why we use paste suddenly?

Re: [Pharo-dev] MC Filetree -- missing FiletreeURL ?

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
+1 Now, for library/framework developers/maintainers it is hard to be compatible with different Smalltalk implementations. It is not impossible, but requires manpower, interest and will. Recently, only Fuel managed to do that (of the bigger projects). Sven PS: I occasionally read the

Re: [Pharo-dev] FileSystem inconsistency

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
We should talk when I'm back but my point is that deleting an nonexisting file should raise an error, if deleting an non existig folder does. Hi I'm doing a pass on the FileSystem chapter (yes you know the documentation that nobody write but everybody wants to read), I'm

Re: [Pharo-dev] could we rename ensureDeleted into ensureDelete?

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
I disagree and this is not coherent with the ensureFile and ensureDirectory On May 22, 2013, at 10:33 PM, Sean P. DeNigris s...@clipperadams.com wrote: Camillo Bruni-3 wrote because it is the final state, the file is deleted. it emerged out of a longer discussion with sean, mariano and me I

Re: [Pharo-dev] TxText new version 0.8

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
i stand corrected.. actually i meant following composition: ProjectName-Core ProjectName-Extras ProjectName-Tests Yes something simple!! no 3-4 levels of tick-tacks (but i love to use subcategories inside a package, i.e.

Re: [Pharo-dev] Messy Configurations

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 23, 2013, at 4:22 AM, Alexandre Bergel alexandre.ber...@me.com wrote: What do you think? I think we should have a stable and strong Versionner. As soon as making a software release is more than clicking one button, we will end up with messy configurations. Yes christophe worked

Re: [Pharo-dev] [squeak-dev] Re: MC should really write snaphsot/source.st in UTF8

2013-05-22 Thread stephane ducasse
For Pharo, I'd guess so, too. (I heard that the Japanese support is pretty much dropped in Pharo.) Probably because none of us has the knowledge to understand how it works and see the problems. -- -- Yoshiki

Re: [Pharo-dev] MC Filetree -- missing FiletreeURL ?

2013-05-23 Thread stephane ducasse
I would _love_ to be able to use Smalltalk at work. Until it can work properly with git, and people can use their own text editors (vim, emacs, sublime), and quite a few other bits and pieces, it's just a non-starter. it will happen. I'm sure :) I _like_ Pharo, and I _like_ how it has

Re: [Pharo-dev] could we rename ensureDeleted into ensureDelete?

2013-05-23 Thread stephane ducasse
Am 23.05.2013 um 07:43 schrieb stephane ducasse stephane.duca...@free.fr: I disagree and this is not coherent with the ensureFile and ensureDirectory What does it mean anyway? File and Directory are things, delete is an action/verb and deleted is a state. To me the only one that makes

Re: [Pharo-dev] How to find if a method has a version in a package

2013-05-23 Thread stephane ducasse
Normally RPackage knows it. Now we are really thinking how to go the next level with PackageInfo and the rest. Stef On May 23, 2013, at 9:32 AM, Goubier Thierry thierry.goub...@cea.fr wrote: Hi, as the question says: how can I determine if a selector of a class is already listed as

Re: [Pharo-dev] Messy Configurations

2013-05-23 Thread stephane ducasse
well this is only a convention, without proper tools everything will become messy anyway :P agreed Here is used example of the new configuration: Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'Pharo' project: 'ci'; configurationOf: 'CI'; load. #ConfigurationOfCI

Re: [Pharo-dev] DND refactoring

2013-05-23 Thread stephane ducasse
did you check the smart suggestions :) Stef On May 23, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Stephan Eggermont step...@stack.nl wrote: Yun Young Lee recently did a talk on improvements in refactoring UI. https://wiki.engr.illinois.edu/display/cs599yyl/DNDRefactoring It has a nice demo video. It looks like

Re: [Pharo-dev] MC should really write snaphsot/source.st in UTF8

2013-05-23 Thread stephane ducasse
You know. I'm jealous. I'm jealous because I have to fight hard to concentrate and to get focused. So this is cool to see that some of you can. I have to handle so many tihngs that are still important to do… anyway keep get focused. Stef On May 23, 2013, at 4:19 PM, Henrik Sperre Johansen

Re: [Pharo-dev] Messy Configurations

2013-05-23 Thread stephane ducasse
as you continue to push the boundaries of Smalltalk. Yes I like that expression :) Stef

[Pharo-dev] Fwd: [Seaside] I am experiencing the following reported bug

2013-05-23 Thread stephane ducasse
Hi philippe Can you explain to us what are the problems you have? Stef Begin forwarded message: From: Philippe Marschall philippe.marsch...@gmail.com Subject: Re: [Seaside] Re: I am experiencing the following reported bug Date: May 23, 2013 11:57:03 AM GMT+02:00 To: Seaside - general

[Pharo-dev] Fwd: [vwnc] [ANN] SmalltalkFit

2013-05-24 Thread stephane ducasse
Begin forwarded message: From: Randy Coulman rcoul...@gmail.com Subject: [vwnc] [ANN] SmalltalkFit Date: May 24, 2013 5:18:26 PM GMT+02:00 To: VW NC v...@cs.uiuc.edu I have just released the latest version of SmalltalkFit, an implementation of Ward Cunningham's Framework for Integrated

Re: [Pharo-dev] Spec and list item size

2013-05-25 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 25, 2013, at 1:38 PM, Benjamin benjamin.vanryseghem.ph...@gmail.com wrote: PluggableListMorph do not support that Ok thanks. Arg Stef Ben On May 25, 2013, at 8:45 AM, Stéphane Ducasse stephane.duca...@inria.fr wrote: Hi How can I specify that the size of a liste

Re: [Pharo-dev] Kernel Discussion

2013-05-25 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 25, 2013, at 12:55 PM, Camillo Bruni camillobr...@gmail.com wrote: I've seen a lot of progress for the Pharo Kernel by Pavel recently and I really appreciate his work. But I have some questions I think we should discuss. There have been quite a few changes to make code work in the

Re: [Pharo-dev] are there benchmarks like deltablue and richards for Pharo?

2013-05-25 Thread stephane ducasse
yeah.. that what we actually wanted to do since a while.. when we first started using CI.. Unfortunately for that we need a fully controllable environment: no virtualization, sorry.. If we could have a fully dedicated machine for that, setting things up wouldn't be that hard. We can

Re: [Pharo-dev] Memory leaks with Spec?

2013-05-25 Thread stephane ducasse
Igor I will use weak (may be weak should be default and we should propose strong as an option) but I do not understand since LoggerUI allInstances do: [ :each | SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance unsubscribe: each ] should unregister everything. Stef On May 25, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Igor

Re: [Pharo-dev] Memory leaks with Spec?

2013-05-25 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 25, 2013, at 1:59 PM, Benjamin benjamin.vanryseghem.ph...@gmail.com wrote: I am pretty sure to only use weak registration (why aren't all the registration weak btw ??) It may be a problem somewhere else :( Yes I'm trying to understand. Ben On May 25, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Igor

Re: [Pharo-dev] Memory leaks with Spec?

2013-05-25 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 25, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Igor Stasenko siguc...@gmail.com wrote: On 25 May 2013 14:01, stephane ducasse stephane.duca...@free.fr wrote: Igor I will use weak (may be weak should be default and we should propose strong as an option) but I do not understand since LoggerUI allInstances

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Ann] New TxText version 1.0

2013-05-27 Thread stephane ducasse
in 30 I get an error asShortCut… DNU. Stef On May 26, 2013, at 11:09 PM, Denis Kudriashov dionisi...@gmail.com wrote: m := TxTextMorph new. m editDecorator: TxSingleLineEditDecorator smartNumbers. m textSpec: (TxDecimalTextSpec maxDecimalDigits: 3). m newTextContents:

Re: [Pharo-dev] [update 3.0] #30169

2013-05-27 Thread stephane ducasse
yes we want more of them. I want to free my mind about stupid low level details. Stef Excellent. I love highly specific rules :). They bring so much more value than the other ones. Cheers, Doru On May 26, 2013, at 2:59 PM, Marcus Denker marcus.den...@inria.fr wrote: 10621 Create a

Re: [Pharo-dev] Memory leaks with Spec?

2013-05-27 Thread stephane ducasse
we found the problem. It is not spec but the EyeInspector polling update. So we should find a solution. Probably it should register WindowClosed and kill the process. Stef Le 25/05/2013 13:59, Benjamin a écrit : I am pretty sure to only use weak registration (why aren't all the registration

Re: [Pharo-dev] SystemAnnouncer api question

2013-05-27 Thread stephane ducasse
Hi guys why there is no variant to on:send:to: SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance on: AddedLog send: #foo to: self. that pass also the announcement? Just because it is better to use on:do;? Stef Huh? It should work do do SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance on: AddedLog send: #foo:

Re: [Pharo-dev] SystemAnnouncer api question

2013-05-27 Thread stephane ducasse
Igor can you add a bug entry and propose a fix? So that we do not forget. Stef Hi guys why there is no variant to on:send:to: SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance on: AddedLog send: #foo to: self. that pass also the announcement? Just because it is better to use on:do;? Stef

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

2013-05-28 Thread stephane ducasse
Nice ! And the best change is under the hood ;-) ;-) Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 09.54.09.png Great ! Sven -- Sven Van Caekenberghe http://stfx.eu Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-users] 17 GSoC projects accepted

2013-05-28 Thread stephane ducasse
Yes and now you will have to deliver :) On May 28, 2013, at 2:14 PM, Clara Allende clari.alle...@gmail.com wrote: Lots of women! and Argentinians! This is really great news :) Congrats everyone! On 28 May 2013 08:43, Sean P. DeNigris s...@clipperadams.com wrote: Sven Van

Re: [Pharo-dev] Storing metadata along with .mcz packages

2013-05-28 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 29, 2013, at 2:01 AM, Jan Vrany jan.vr...@fit.cvut.cz wrote: Hi there, I need to store a sort of a metadata along with the code in the .mcz. The goal is that if such a package is loaded by standard Pharo 2.0 (or 3.0) image, modified and then saved back as a new version, these

Re: [Pharo-dev] RPackage and overrides

2013-05-29 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 29, 2013, at 9:08 AM, Goubier Thierry thierry.goub...@cea.fr wrote: Le 28/05/2013 22:23, stephane ducasse a écrit : I have a question about RPackage and overrides. RPackage consider that an override method is an extension, right? for RPackage a package is a list of method

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN]: ValidationRevisited (alpha)

2013-05-29 Thread stephane ducasse
;) show us how you specify that? Stef On May 29, 2013, at 11:12 PM, Sean P. DeNigris s...@clipperadams.com wrote: I got really inspired reading the extreme validation section of A Mentoring Course on Smalltalk, Andres Valloud's OOP bible (see seandenigris.com/blog/?p=573), and enhanced a bit

Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo Redis?

2013-05-29 Thread stephane ducasse
On May 29, 2013, at 8:00 PM, Sebastian Sastre sebast...@flowingconcept.com wrote: doesn't seem to. Anyone has any objection on comiting a copy of that in smalltalkhub so it stays available?? sure go for it. Stef sebastian o/ On May 28, 2013, at 3:52 PM, Sebastian Sastre

Re: [Pharo-dev] Trait exclusions

2013-05-30 Thread stephane ducasse
Hi frank normally it does not make sense to use two times the same trait. So I do not really understand how it could work. So now when you have two traits T1 T2 minus lets you erase selectively one message x from T1 if it is also available in T2 and without having to redefine

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN]: ValidationRevisited (alpha)

2013-05-30 Thread stephane ducasse
I started to read the chapter to understand. Stef stephane ducasse wrote show us how you specify that? It's a simple Spec UI, receiving announcements from the domain object. Whenever the model changes, the UI receives: modelChanged: anAnnouncement failureList items: model

[Pharo-dev] Fwd: [Esug-list] WE HIRE : SENIOR SMALLTALK / JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

2013-06-20 Thread stephane ducasse
Begin forwarded message: From: Bertrand Wunderlich bwunderl...@nfs.lu Subject: [Esug-list] WE HIRE : SENIOR SMALLTALK / JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Date: June 19, 2013 4:36:42 PM GMT+02:00 To: esug-l...@lists.esug.org Hi everybody, Leading Banking Services in Luxembourg is seeking :

Re: [Pharo-dev] brief explanation of the new class organizer

2013-06-29 Thread stephane ducasse
I love objects but we should consider that they had memory constraints and soon we will have them too because we are starting to have them for Moose ;) Stef What strikes me is why such simple concept, which you can express with couple words: methods in class can have categories, ends up

[Pharo-dev] Fwd: [vwnc] Doodling with Cairo...

2013-07-24 Thread stephane ducasse
Begin forwarded message: From: Michael Lucas-Smith michael.lucassm...@gmail.com Subject: Re: [vwnc] Doodling with Cairo... Date: July 24, 2013 12:31:24 PM GMT+02:00 To: stew...@xtra.co.nz Cc: v...@cs.uiuc.edu Hi Stewart, Gizmo was just something Travis Griggs and I made to experiment

[Pharo-dev] Fwd: [Esug-list] Smalltalk PhD offer

2013-09-24 Thread stephane ducasse
StefBegin forwarded message:From: Loïc Lagadec loic.laga...@ensta-bretagne.frSubject: [Esug-list] Smalltalk PhD offerDate: September 23, 2013 1:42:28 PM GMT+02:00To: ESUG Mailing list esug-l...@lists.esug.org We have an open PhD position for which we are looking for

Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 need help white-theme-color-for-button-is-not-good

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
ars-looking-like-dead-without-visual-indicators > > This one has a slice. > > Maybe Pharo 6 is not too late for those slices. > > Phil > > > > On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com> > wrote: > >> https://pharo.fogbug

Re: [Pharo-dev] Segmentation fault while installing Scale

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Hi andrey can you tell us on which OS and version and which VM do you use (there is a System report browser where you can find the information. Tx On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Andrey Tykhonov wrote: > Hi all! > > While executing the following command: > > $ wget -O-

Re: [Pharo-dev] [QA] Debugger buttons explained

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Sven I do not get Step over the highlighted message, i.e. do not follow the sent message, taking debugger control after the method invoked returns or whenever execution should return inside a block used as an argument before that. in particular the taking debugger control may be give back

Re: [Pharo-dev] Debugger hang when step throught

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
tx for the report hilaire. Indeed I can reproduce your bug - I pasted it - I did debug it over over and through trhough and my system froze. On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Hilaire wrote: > Hello, > > The faulty code bellow when debugged and 'step through' cause the > debugger

Re: [Pharo-dev] Esteban's ChangeLog week of 30 January 2017

2017-02-07 Thread Stephane Ducasse
I love such reports :) I like when I have smart ideas that work :) On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote: > EstebanLM wrote > > This is my weekly ChangeLog, from 30 January 2017 to 5 February 2017. > > Go, go, go, Esteban!!! > > > EstebanLM wrote > > the

[Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 needs help because Removing-a-package-with-extensions-let-the-extensions-in-the-system-and-break-their-reload

2017-02-07 Thread Stephane Ducasse
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19664/Removing-a-package-with-extensions-let-the-extensions-in-the-system-and-break-their-reload

Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 needs help on shortcuts-are-wrongly-displayed

2017-02-07 Thread Stephane Ducasse
library-lion.jpg >> >> In Chrome too: >> http://addoncrop.com/cdn/2014/12/Google-Chrome-Menu-Settions-option.png >> >> On Windows too: >> http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/650x250x >> context-menu-shortcuts-header.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+j

Re: [Pharo-dev] [QA] Debugger buttons explained

2017-02-08 Thread Stephane Ducasse
looks good to me. On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 8:40 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote: > > > On 7 Feb 2017, at 08:05, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com> > wrote: > > > > Sven I do not get > > > > Step over the highlighted messag

Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo 6 cannot parallel trace through same method

2017-02-08 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Indeed. (We should one of these days improve the concurrent aspect of Pharo but we should finish first the current open work) On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote: > Problem is related to RecursionStopper which not releases "stop method" > while first

[Pharo-dev] Book farm working again

2017-02-08 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Hi https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/Books/ I realised that jenkins dropped the connection to the github repositories of the books and that they were not updated. You can find my current evening occupation: Learning OOP with Pharo :) I fixed some problems in UnifiedFFI and clean a bit

[Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 needs help on Broken-syntax-highlithing

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
I'm giving some lectures to siemens engineers and we found glitches. (bad impression). https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19656/Broken-syntax-highlithing

[Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 need help white-theme-color-for-button-is-not-good

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19657/white-theme-color-for-button-is-not-good If we compare the selection color for the dark theme, the blue is stronger and much better to see. This is particularly true for class/instance side button, I would be good to have a better white theme with stronger

[Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 need help on When-coding-in-the-debugger-I-get-an-error-sourceNodeExecuted

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19661/When-coding-in-the-debugger-I-get-an-error-sourceNodeExecuted Then I got a really strange problem when I was doing the counter execise using the debugger. create a Test Case TestCase subclass: #CounterTest instanceVariableNames: ''

[Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 need help on Red-in-Dark-Theme-is-plain-bad

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19658/Red-in-Dark-Theme-is-plain-bad The black theme is not usable on certain screen because the red color cannot be distinguished. So when the white theme does not work for other reasons people cannot do much. They cannot read the errors. In addition since the

[Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 needs help on shortcuts-are-wrongly-displayed

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19660/shortcuts-are-wrongly-displayed The system should display Ctrl + s and not Ctrl + S Because people are pressing Shift to get S and this is not working. We should distinguish between uppercase and lowercase. The reader cannot guess that S is not the same as

[Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 needs help on ooltips-of-the-class-button-does-not-changed

2017-02-06 Thread Stephane Ducasse
If you want to help pharo: https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19659/Tooltips-of-the-class-button-does-not-changed

Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo 60 needs help because Removing-a-package-with-extensions-let-the-extensions-in-the-system-and-break-their-reload

2017-02-07 Thread Stephane Ducasse
ed in the package. > - make Nautilus ask the RPackage to remove itself (instead of doing it in > the UI) > > I tested it with the fileout of a package with extension methods, removing > the package and filing it in again. > > On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Stephane Ducass

Re: [Pharo-dev] Esteban's ChangeLog week of 16 January 2017

2017-01-23 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Tx a lot esteban! This is so great. Showing what you are doing is important. Can you send this mail to the consortium mailing-list too? On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote: > yeah, I’m aware I need to iterate on the text exporter to have some better >

Re: [Pharo-dev] Google summer of code

2017-01-25 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Yuriy I cleaned many of the proposal could you do a pass on yours and keep max 4-5 of them? On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk wrote: > I can also update my projects and help with the application if needed (I > was a part of the application team for the last

Re: [Pharo-dev] Google summer of code

2017-01-24 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Yes please. I can do a pass also. I started on some private projects. I would like to propose to build a make based on a graph library. they have a nice lib in Python and this way we would avoid to rely on make for pillar and others On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Guillermo Polito <

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] TechTack today 24/01/2017 16h UTC Bloc/Brick links

2017-01-25 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Hi bloc/brick guys I was a great talk. I had to run because I forgot my appointment to the doctor. Now some points - first a meta point: we should check how we can get more people following the talks. Now related to bloc/bricks - we should pay really attention to the maintenance and deployment

Re: [Pharo-dev] CALL for GSoC project proposals

2017-01-25 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Hi yuriy you could have done it a bit less brutal. Stef On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk wrote: > Dear all, this year we plan to apply again as a mentoring organization for > Google Summer of Code. However, we are going to follow a different strategy >

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] TechTack today 24/01/2017 16h UTC Bloc/Brick links

2017-01-25 Thread Stephane Ducasse
o implement any of > these. Anyone interested? > > Cheers, > Doru > > > > On Jan 25, 2017, at 11:49 AM, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com> > wrote: > > > > Another example is a logo turtle. > > With or without animation. > > > >

Re: [Pharo-dev] CALL for GSoC project proposals

2017-01-25 Thread Stephane Ducasse
But I understand the process. So I did a pass On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi yuriy > > you could have done it a bit less brutal. > > Stef > > On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <yuriy.tymc...@

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] TechTack today 24/01/2017 16h UTC Bloc/Brick links

2017-01-25 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Another example is a logo turtle. With or without animation. Stef On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com> wrote: > Doru > > I would like to see the laserGame implemented in Bloc (because it does not > need widgets). > and it will be a r

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] TechTack today 24/01/2017 16h UTC Bloc/Brick links

2017-01-25 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Doru I would like to see the laserGame implemented in Bloc (because it does not need widgets). and it will be a real example. Stef On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Thierry Goubier wrote: > > > 2017-01-25 11:33 GMT+01:00 Tudor Girba : > >> Hi,

Re: [Pharo-dev] GLMAction and PharoShortcut

2017-02-15 Thread Stephane Ducasse
It would be better for pharo 7 On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Hilaire wrote: > Thanks for the update. > Based on previous Steph post, should we move this bug ticket to Pharo7 > or keep it for Pharo6? > > Hilaire > > Le 13/02/2017 à 18:46, Andrei Chis a écrit : > > Hi, > >

Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo wiki

2017-02-15 Thread Stephane Ducasse
May be dale remember the password because mariano don't and my keychain neither. On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:09 PM, stepharong wrote: > Mariano should know the password I asked. > > Stef > > > Hi Stef, >> >> On 13 February 2017 at 01:17, stepharong wrote:

Re: [Pharo-dev] looking for classbuilder API

2017-01-18 Thread Stephane Ducasse
tx I will try. On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Nicolai Hess wrote: > maybe : > > newClass setFormat: self classLayout format. > > > 2017-01-15 9:40 GMT+01:00 stepharong : > >> HI >> >> I need to migrate >> >> pvtNewSubclass >> >> | newClass |

[Pharo-dev] In the need of Pharo magic

2017-01-19 Thread Stephane Ducasse
I would love to get a functionality that dynamically removes from my code all the self halt that are encountered during test execution. This way I will not need to run the test, walk the stack, edit the code and retart the process. It would be really cool

Re: [Pharo-dev] NetNameResolver graph of primitive senders

2017-02-27 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Thanks Ben. I would love that we can address this timeout. It is ruining first contact with Pharo. And this year the university set up here was even worse. Stef. On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:18 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote: > Ben, > > Nice work ! > > So the conclusion is that

[Pharo-dev] About traits

2016-12-10 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Dale I missed your remark about traits. I think that traits are nice because they act as a kind of static macro expansion and really help to get multiple inheritance into single one. Now ideally I would like to have

Re: [Pharo-dev] Image start-up hooks

2016-12-13 Thread Stephane Ducasse
Ben can you open a ticket and we will ask guille and pablo to write a class comment. Stef On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Ben Coman wrote: > Look at class refs to SessionManager. I was going to refer you to its > class comment but its incomplete. Could someone

Re: [Pharo-dev] 19430 promoting DelaySpinScheduler from experimental

2016-12-13 Thread Stephane Ducasse
tx ben for the explanation because I was a bit worry to change something that late in our process :) On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Ben Coman wrote: > A long time ago the current delay scheduler had been operating long enough > to no longer consider it experimental.

  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   >