Re: [Ql-Users] Zeugnissse

2016-07-07 Thread Marcel Kilgus
Marcel Kilgus wrote: > ___ > QL-Users Mailing List Ooops, sorry, please disregard. ___ QL-Users Mailing List

[Ql-Users] Zeugnissse

2016-07-07 Thread Marcel Kilgus
___ QL-Users Mailing List

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Dilwyn Jones
You won't win arguments with people like this, so you wither ignore them and get on with your life or you deal with them in such a way they can't / won't upset you again for a long time. These "rules don't apply to me" people are generally of low moral integrity and generally untrustworthy and

Re: [Ql-Users] Copyright

2016-07-07 Thread Rich Mellor (RWAP)
The only slight difference on copyright for software purposes has been to allow a backup copy for personal use. There are also rules applicable as to the length of time copyright is active which have bearing. Basically it is life or lives in being plus 70 years. However, if the authorship of

[Ql-Users] Software Preservation Project - Tasks

2016-07-07 Thread Rich Mellor (RWAP)
I thought it would be worthwhile listing the people I have tried contacting by letter but not received a response from: Steve Sutton (Lightning, some of Perfection, ACT Alan Bridewell (Text N Graphics) Robin Barker - Di-Ren (letter returned no longer at this address) Graham Kirk (MAXIM and

[Ql-Users] Copyright

2016-07-07 Thread Colin McKay
Has copyright in the electronic sense been investigated? An author publishes an article, and an individual makes one copy of it for only his use. That is allowable, but there could be qualifications of the situation. Colin McKay ___ QL-Users

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread pjwitte
On 07/07/2016 17:31, Dilwyn Jones wrote: <> arsed walking to a smoking bay 10 yards away. The very same people who moan if your car touches a line in a parking bay promptly go and park their sacred expensive BMW across two parking bays next to you. Back in the 90's I had the misfortune to

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread pjwitte
On 07/07/2016 15:15, Marcel Kilgus wrote: pjwitte wrote: I agree with everything you say above. I presume you do not mean to imply that any significant /future/ software must also be free. I'm certain nobody is implying this, least of all Wolfgang and me. When I changed EasyPtr, which was not

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Richard Howe
Thanks Wolfgang >> Those who appreciate the value of copyright do so because it is >> 'right' to morally and financially support those who give energy to >> projects that interest the community. Those who break copyright law >> are ignorant of this, their minds commonly lacking respect for

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Kurt K
I agree and a full list should be assembled with a coordinated effort. Still, it begs the question, can the existing site be migrated to an alternate domain if this becomes necessary. This would be the simplest solution and minimize the disruption until your list of suggestions can get up and

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Rich Mellor (RWAP)
> On July 7, 2016 at 7:13 PM Kurt K wrote: > > > If I may reframe the matter not as a discussion on the relative merits of > Copyright but in regard to the effect on the greater community. It is simply > wrong to discontinue a worthy project, harm and reduce the

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Kurt K
If I may reframe the matter not as a discussion on the relative merits of Copyright but in regard to the effect on the greater community. It is simply wrong to discontinue a worthy project, harm and reduce the viability of those supporting the QL due solely to a sad minority of individuals.

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Wolfgang Lenerz
Hi, Those who appreciate the value of copyright do so because it is 'right' to morally and financially support those who give energy to projects that interest the community. Those who break copyright law are ignorant of this, their minds commonly lacking respect for others. Those who simply

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Wolfgang Lenerz
Hi Rich, Maybe with our legal backgrounds, we both see the need to protect rights and for that reason neither of us would get involved in hosting copyrighted files. I mostly see the risks in doing that... I don't want to get drawn into a debate whether copyright is "good" or "bad" or

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Dilwyn Jones
As I understand it, Rich came under attack from some (as yet unnamed) sources because he (i) sells old programs for the QL and (ii) sent take-down notices (or was suspected of sending them) to sites that apparently hosted copyrighted files without the owners’ consent. It's the sort of double

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Richard Howe
Hi I don't often reply in the forum but I do watch it, and this thread caught my attention. Issues: 1. Integrity. 2. Letting go of personal attacks by trolls, and the trolls themselves. 3. Copyright. 1. Integrity. Those who appreciate the value of copyright do so

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Rich Mellor
On 07/07/2016 11:13, Wolfgang Lenerz wrote: Hi, Just my 2 cents worth. As I understand it, Rich came under attack from some (as yet unnamed) sources because he (i) sells old programs for the QL and (ii) sent take-down notices (or was suspected of sending them) to sites that apparently hosted

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Wolfgang Lenerz
Hi Per, > > I agree with everything you say above. I presume you do not mean to > imply that any significant /future/ software must also be free. Ah, of course not, good catch! Wolfgang ___ QL-Users Mailing List

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Marcel Kilgus
pjwitte wrote: > I agree with everything you say above. I presume you do not mean to > imply that any significant /future/ software must also be free. I'm certain nobody is implying this, least of all Wolfgang and me. When I changed EasyPtr, which was not written by me originally but improved at

Re: [Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread pjwitte
On 07/07/2016 12:13, Wolfgang Lenerz wrote: Hi, Just my 2 cents worth. As I understand it, Rich came under attack from some (as yet unnamed) sources because he (i) sells old programs for the QL and (ii) sent take-down notices (or was suspected of sending them) to sites that apparently hosted

[Ql-Users] Withdrawal of my personal Software Preservation Project

2016-07-07 Thread Wolfgang Lenerz
Hi, Just my 2 cents worth. As I understand it, Rich came under attack from some (as yet unnamed) sources because he (i) sells old programs for the QL and (ii) sent take-down notices (or was suspected of sending them) to sites that apparently hosted copyrighted files without the owners’ consent.