Re: [Ql-Users] Possible bug in the (experimental) QubIDE feature of QXLWinReader

2017-10-31 Thread Peter Graf via Ql-Users
Hi Wolfgang,

> the new version of QxlwinReader is on my website.

Many thanks! If I had to vote for the "tool of the year", QxlwinReader
would be it! :)

Extraordinary useful for the development of the Q68! Without
QxlwinReader, there was always an emulator or Wxqt2/qltools involved
when transferring files to the Q68 over the internet.

QxlwinReader proofed much easier to use for me and saved lots of time.

Great work!
QL-Users Mailing List

Re: [Ql-Users] Possible bug in the (experimental) QubIDE feature of QXLWinReader

2017-10-31 Thread Fabrizio Diversi via Ql-Users

Hi everyone,

recently I also asked Wolf to make a change in SMSQmulator (Ver. 2.25 
Beta that should be released soon) , not a trivial (at least for me) 
change and he did it this basically in real time.

As Martyn, I am also in IT Business, and I was thinking how wonderful 
could be to have an IT partner that could develop overnight a new 
feature but _*especially that the new feature work !!*_

So thank you Wolf for the job you are doing to support our hobby.



p.s. before anyone gets offended, it's best to extend the thanks to 
anyone who dedicates time to this hobby (and there are many...):-):-):-):-)

On 30/10/2017 21:48, Martyn Hill via Ql-Users wrote:

Hi everyone

Despite his busy schedule, Wolfgang made a new version of QXLWinReader 
available to me privately and I have tested the new behaviour. The 
issue appears to be addressed and FTYP is now returning the correct 
file-type for sub-directories copied from a WIN drive to a BDI image 
on my SD-Card.

Wow - that is a quick release-cycle! Working in the software industry 
myself, I know our customers would love that kind of service!

I'll leave it to Wolfgang to say when he's ready to upload the new 
version to his site for general release.

Thanks Wolfgang!


On 30/10/2017 10:21, Martyn Hill wrote:

Hi Wolfgang!

For sure - no pressure - I can fix-up the issue on my SD-Card with a 
little script in the meantime.

As for on which FS the issue takes-place; it shows itself on the 
destination side (QubIDE/SD-Card image) - running FTYP on the source 
QLWA/WIN source returns the expected '255' against all 
(sub)directories, whereas after copying (en-masse) to a BDI image on 
my mounted SD-Card, the same sub-directories return '0' to FTYP once 
re-mounted on the SDC-equipped QL - but are still marked as 
directories in the parent (hence tagged with the ' ->' marker when 
DIRing the parent.)

Warm regards - and thanks again for a really valuable utility!

On 30/10/2017 03:39, Wolf via Ql-Users wrote:


thanks for pointing this out.

I'm a little short on time right now, but will check this as soon as 

Under which file system does this error arise, QLWA ou Qubide?



On 29/10/2017 22:12, Martyn Hill via Ql-Users wrote:

Hi list and especially Wolfgang

Not sure the best way to report the issue, but as per my recent 
thread on the Forum 
(, I seem to have 
uncovered an odd behaviour when copying directory structures from 
WIN to a QL.BDI image file on SDC.

I know this feature is still experimental, but I already use it 
quite a lot - especially after corrupting my SD-Card sufficiently 
that it wouldn't get recognised on the QL, but QXLWinReader was 
able to read all the files and directories (somehow!), allowing me 
to recreate the QL.BDI image file and restore all the contents. At 
the moment, this valuable little program is my preferred way to 
transfer large amounts of data between QPC and my QL.

In short, whilst the directory structures are all copied across 
with their files (and further sub-directories), it would appear 
that the file-header copy inside each sub-directory file itself is 
not copied across intact. The effect of this is that, whilst a DIR 
listing shows the ' ->' against such sub-directories indicating 
that it is recognised as a directory-file, when you use FTYP to 
query the sub-dir path, it returns '0' as for a normal file.

I've tested this - as documented on the Forum - and think I've 
ruled out anything else (like the typical user-error that plagues 
most of my QL work!)

Would love to see this investigated and possibly addressed!

QL-Users Mailing List

QL-Users Mailing List

QL-Users Mailing List