Re: [Ql-Users] UDP driver for Q68 and TFTP programs

2021-01-07 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
Hi Wolfgang, > I've written a UDP (only) ethernet driver for the Q68, and a TFTP > file exchange programs (for the Q68, emulators and also some TFTP > server/client software for PCs/Macs). Many thanks! Love running your TFTP server on my Q68 for file exchange with the PC and my second Q68.

Re: [Ql-Users] For Sale

2020-11-11 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 11 Nov 2020 at 1:17, Steve C. via Ql-Users wrote: > Aurura was not easy to Google, and I'm still not certain that it is > a QL clone? Not directly like Q40, Q60 or Q68. Aurora always is an add-on to GoldCard or SuperGoldCard. So you need one of these also. Peter

Re: [Ql-Users] MODPlay

2020-11-11 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 10 Nov 2020 at 20:21, Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users wrote: > I wrote a music player for the old Amiga MOD file format. Head over > to > https://www.kilgus.net/smsqe/modplay/ for the details. I forgot the exact percentage of CPU overhead by the 20 kHz interrupt of the Q40, but I tested it below

Re: [Ql-Users] QBOX BBS for TCP/IP released!

2020-03-10 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
Hi Jan, > > > Or is there a simple way to convert the sound output socket to a network > > > socket with minimal damage? > > > > It is even possible without *any* damage, but you would lose sound. Some > > tinkering would be involved, drilling a hole is definitely easier. > > > > From what I can

Re: [Ql-Users] Q60 + OSSC

2020-01-16 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 16 Jan 2020 at 0:43, Thierry Godefroy via Ql-Users wrote: > > Those are small PLDs, optimized almost to the last gate, not FPGAs, > > and 800x600 is not doable. > > Surprising, since it's "just" a change in divisors/counters/ > frequencies, but if you say so (I'm certainly no expert in

Re: [Ql-Users] QLTools - 2.15.5 available

2019-02-05 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
Hi Norm, > > Sounds good. I could compile qxltools, but that was long ago. My concern > > are image sizes over 16 MB and some strange characters in the > > commandline output. > > What problems do you have with 16MB files? I presume you mean that the > qxl.win file is over 16Mb, and it's not a

Re: [Ql-Users] Stuart Honeyball

2018-03-29 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 29 Mar 2018 at 14:19, Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users wrote: > > I remember how proud I felt when Stuart Honeyball lent me an ear > > about the 68020 processor, while I was still a QL nodbody. At that > > time, he was reluctant about an upgrade to the GoldCard, because > > (coming from the 68000

Re: [Ql-Users] Stuart Honeyball

2018-03-29 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 29 Mar 2018 at 10:40, Dilwyn Jones via Ql-Users wrote: > I regret to have to report that I heard this morning of the > death of Stuart Honeyball of Miracle Systems. When I read the subject "Stuart Honeyball" I somehow expected he'd attend a QL meeting, publish his memoirs, or anything, but

Re: [Ql-Users] Sjef vd Molengraaf

2018-03-15 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 15 Mar 2018 at 11:21, Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users wrote: > Last weekend I was at the German ZX81/Spektrum meeting and that was > very well visited (50 people or so) and was a reminiscence of the > bigger QL events like Eindhoven in the past. Unfortunatelly there were > only 5 QLers in

Re: [Ql-Users] Wined

2018-02-09 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
Thanks Wolfgang, very good! On 9 Feb 2018 at 8:01, Wolf via Ql-Users wrote: > Hi all, > > I have uploaded WINED, a formely commercial win,flp and file editor as > freeware. > > You can get if grom the usaul address (www.wlenerz.com/qlstuff). > > Have fun. > > Wolfgang >

Re: [Ql-Users] QL-SD new driver

2018-02-02 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 2 Feb 2018 at 16:25, Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users wrote: > Well, I said I'd do it and apparently I did it: > > https://www.kilgus.net/2018/02/02/clonetastic-ql-sd-clone-working-with-goldcard-clone/ What surprises me is this: "With the original Verilog code my clone didn't work at all, so it's

Re: [Ql-Users] QL-SD new driver

2018-01-23 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 23 Jan 2018 at 9:21, Graeme Gregory via Ql-Users wrote: > > I've already started putting together a clone using an Xilinx > > XC9572XL, which I have lying around. The Verilog file compiled from > > the get-go, I just had to remove the additional SS lines because of > > Pin restrictions in the

Re: [Ql-Users] QL-SD new driver

2018-01-22 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 22 Jan 2018 at 15:21, Wolf via Ql-Users wrote: > > If only we could find another builder/supplier of the SD interface... :-) > > Hopefully one that could work reliably with GC/SGC! That would be nice. The QL-SD hardware is open source, everyone is invited to improve it toward GC/SGC

Re: [Ql-Users] QL-SD new driver

2018-01-22 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users wrote: > As I've understood your chip is 3.3V and the lines (or GND) is too > noisy so that logic level 0 could be interpreted as 1 before the lines > settle Yes this is one of the aspects, but it's not a 3.3V versus 5V issue. (The relevant logic levels are the same.)

Re: [Ql-Users] SMSQ/E 3.31 Q40 no boot after configure

2017-11-13 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
Hi Duncan, thanks for trying. > SMSQ/E 3.31 boots OK on my Q60. Just MenuConfiged keyboard language from > english to german and still boots OK. Sorry can't reproduce the problem. Did you only change the keyboard, or also general language? Would be great if you can tell something about your

Re: [Ql-Users] Dock

2017-11-08 Thread pgraf--- via Ql-Users
On 8 Nov 2017 at 13:09, Fran├žois Van Emelen via Ql-Users wrote: > Here "dock" does its job correctly with QPC2, SMSQmulator and Black Phoenix. Tobias reported the same problem on QPC2. Maybe you don't use the latest version of SMSQ/E? That would make sense, because the "dock" must have worked