[qubes-users] mu4e, easy pg and split-gpg

2016-07-08 Thread Niels Kobschätzki

Hi,

when I try to use mu4e with easy pg to do anything with mails I just get a 
GPG-error.
For example with epa-mail-sign I get: GPG-error: "Sign failed", "Exit" after
Qubes asks me to access my gpg-keys and allowing to do so.
My vault with my gpg-keys is accessed and mutt/split-gpg works fine. Does anyone
have an idea what the problem could be?

Niels

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/874m7zxxea.fsf%40mailbox.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] gpg-agent?

2016-07-08 Thread Niels Kobschätzki
Hi,

I started recently using mu4e instead of mutt. mu4e needs gpg-agent running, so
that I can use it with gpg. I saw that gpg-agent is not running on my system.
What can I do about that? I rarely use gpg (nearly no one I know uses it), so it
is not a pressing issue but it would be nice to know :)

Niels

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/87lh1bpjno.fsf%40mailbox.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] How to switch VM network on and off?

2016-07-08 Thread Andrew David Wong
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA512

On 2016-07-08 13:40, 193084'1093284'0193284'0943218 wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> many apps "call home"... and mostly I need some internet-services 
> direct outside one app only occasionally.
> 
> On a standard PC I solve this quite simple: HW-Firewall Hotspot 
> requires a logon.
> 
> So as long I don't logon to my firewall, no app can access the 
> internet.
> 
> Now under Qubes, I work much more in the multi-tasking mode.
> 
> Some VMs are online and others should be offline in the same time.
> 
> But how I can switch on and off the network of only one VM 
> specifically (without destroying the advanced network topology
> inside qubes)?
> 
> As an workaround I can:
> 
> i) disable the network in the QM (but later I must remember the
> old settings - to the usability security will not to bee too high,
> with this process).
> 

If by "QM" you meant "VM," then this is the recommended way. Simply
change the VM's NetVM to "none" when you want to disable network
access, then set it back to your preferred NetVM when you want to
restore access. It is also possible to deny programs network access
via firewall rules.

However, you should understand that the Qubes firewall is not a leak
prevention mechanism, and not even setting the NetVM to "none" can
guarantee that there will be no data leaks due to the existence of
covert channels:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/data-leaks/

> ii) I can switch on and off the hole connection to the internet
> (via the KDE-Menue). But again before I switch it on again, I must
> collect all open windows and screen the VMs, which might still run
> in the background and so the usability securtiy might be poor.
> 
> Is there are a simple way?
> 
> Kind Regards
> 

- -- 
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
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=eTV3
-END PGP SIGNATURE-

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/f87b7737-997b-0126-feb7-8619ad1dd00e%40qubes-os.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Networking

2016-07-08 Thread Andrew David Wong
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA512

On 2016-07-07 17:52, Drew White wrote:
> The networking REALLY needs to be up at 1Gbps. This slow speed is
> just horrific when you are managing servers.
> 
> Takes forever to upload a 4 GB iso.
> 
> And to copy a file from the network to local, or vice-versa, takes
> way too long.
> 

Thanks for the suggestion! Tracking it here:

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2160

- -- 
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
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=4/J2
-END PGP SIGNATURE-

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/8d5b0229-0722-d190-03d4-8c28f871230a%40qubes-os.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Networking Disabled - cannot enable NetworkManager Applet [sys-firewall]

2016-07-08 Thread Andrew David Wong
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA512

On 2016-07-07 15:12, jefferson_pla...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello all,
> 
> I realised I had been making a mistake when following the "whonix
> 12 to 13" guide. I deleted my post so that I could probe some
> other issues before returning with a revised and updated reply.
> However I found my other issues to be resolved.
> 
> The meta packages problem is resolved. However each boot up the 
> sys-firewall NetworkManager issue returns. Hoping this is not a
> risk to security or function. Everything else at this time seems in
> order
> 

- From what I gather, the extra nm-applet issue seems to be mainly
cosmetic. (Normally it's hidden, but in some cases for some reason
there is a failure to hide it.) Thank you for your report. We're
tracking the issue here:

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2159

- -- 
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
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=8viR
-END PGP SIGNATURE-

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/26df8d95-15f0-bb0f-b860-2312903577ab%40qubes-os.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Connection via a proxyVM with a VPN client, VM's have no acces to LAN devices

2016-07-08 Thread Andrew David Wong
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA512

On 2016-07-07 13:37, Fredrik wrote:
> How do I I set up access to my LAN devices? In this case my NAS 
> that is located on my 192.168.1.1/24 network. The VM's are of 
> course NAT in this case 10.137.4/24.
> 
> My proxy-vm is connected to the default sys-firewall if i switch to
> sys-net I can access my nas for a minute or so then it stops 
> working. I could  see it stop working at the same time since I 
> pinged the NAS from 3 VM's.
> 
> What am I doing wrong?
> 

As long as you have your firewall rules set correctly (to allow
traffic to the correct IP address, range, or CIDR block) from
whichever VMs you want to access those devices from, it should work,
even if connected to the FirewallVM.

- -- 
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-

iQIcBAEBCgAGBQJXgGYnAAoJENtN07w5UDAwWLIP/3yZwdZvi2LRUJyuY5tmK2JE
cEbJ2+egNEblz/dV9y//MxozJo/j97CDJyJq6G9u66STEmQXjIc+V8VEN/2JAM1k
GHsZgaYhtHntIqsw5057Ap77XGZtwmE1Uftqr1EpnD9GtZVOajWiX2Avow3tTQNK
taYQLYbn19I3rzNFAQPP6a9u8ATS9nSEN8PD+7D/+Ex7AD+0m0T20D/zqPP5Ao44
LOmmGqZdqkL0YzKBTbggmhK/+uheJdeIwTT5jBnVnN8HWdA2D0vEnQtyJb41+fKI
LFsP35ZBBmI5h34IdqjQR8yV3rLuEtYU3rE0aYXSaIEYdO8GZWv4dhrw/2aZrp3k
YJMg+WRYhrlb61LM7asqYrgVyoKl4eCLn2AYXB3jQcKxbYmp+A04p4C+rJhPXBoA
XVjx2vyUQMrT/JQbTMMZh0GtQDcHsf3zuijiVmQWswNMXosr31tS+wXJQke5XytJ
wa9aUQu+xqdStczy51ytDh+DN4jRu/a6bk+S9dGSpmj9ya3a2BeR1FYnR7y6II+x
FT6swrpZukJ3LK93YiTAd/uXoCRyvMoeQXLrT8cub9SUArjeg4FN24kitMPPie0J
VttfWUFtXjloAED7I7qAVCYail9+fJWFyoHJxy4lCsCmhbI9NkDsaa+nBnxkFW/z
eBmnWfcd3hiSEZI/bfzG
=6pZd
-END PGP SIGNATURE-

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/9c98c23a-0369-7652-77f7-c0ce2612285f%40qubes-os.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Template installation not being reflected on AppVMs

2016-07-08 Thread Chris Laprise

On 07/08/2016 07:27 PM, danmichaels8...@gmail.com wrote:

I am using QUBES 3.0
Fedora-21

When I install certain programs in the template VM for fedora, they do not show 
up in the AppVMs, even after restarting each of the AppVMs.

I installed google-chrome-stable, and yet, it's not reflected in the AppVMs.

I have to re-install Chrome inside the actual AppVM every time I start it up.

What's up with that...?



Did you shutdown the template vm before re-starting the appvms?

Chris

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/8f83f5f6-0d9b-7ab5-723e-3a32405092cc%40openmailbox.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Template installation not being reflected on AppVMs

2016-07-08 Thread danmichaels8876
I am using QUBES 3.0
Fedora-21

When I install certain programs in the template VM for fedora, they do not show 
up in the AppVMs, even after restarting each of the AppVMs.

I installed google-chrome-stable, and yet, it's not reflected in the AppVMs.

I have to re-install Chrome inside the actual AppVM every time I start it up.

What's up with that...?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/e327d4cc-1915-4558-b79b-ce53f1c94a69%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] How to switch VM network on and off?

2016-07-08 Thread Frank Schäckermann


> On 08.07.2016, at 22:40, 193084'1093284'0193284'0943218 
> kersten.vogel-at-gmail.com |qubes-mailing-list/Example Allow| 
>  wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> many apps "call home"...
> and mostly I need some internet-services direct outside one app only 
> occasionally.
> 
> On a standard PC I solve this quite simple: HW-Firewall Hotspot requires a 
> logon.
> 
> So as long I don't logon to my firewall, no app can access the internet.
> 
> Now under Qubes, I work much more in the multi-tasking mode.
> 
> Some VMs are online and others should be offline in the same time.
> 
> But how I can switch on and off the network of only one VM specifically 
> (without destroying the advanced network topology inside qubes)?
> 
> As an workaround I can:
> 
> i) disable the network in the QM (but later I must remember the old settings 
> - to the usability security will not to bee too high, with this process).
> 
> ii) I can switch on and off the hole connection to the internet (via the 
> KDE-Menue).
> But again before I switch it on again, I must collect all open windows and 
> screen the VMs, which might still run in the background and so the usability 
> securtiy might be poor.
> 
> Is there are a simple way?

How about using the firewall settings that each and every AppVM has it's own 
set of (if it is connected to a proxyVM other than Whonix GW).

Right-click AppVM in Qubes Manager -> Edit Firewall Settings -> select "Deny 
everything except" and leave the exception list empty, click OK.

Effective immediately and no reboot required.

Regards, Frank

> 
> Kind Regards
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "qubes-users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/85274287-98c1-43c3-bfc1-14d57828cc69%40googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/E63EBAA3-1D6C-4FD5-8821-4690C396B89D%40schaeckermann.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread Achim Patzner
Am 08.07.2016 um 10:56 schrieb juris...@gmail.com:
> HERE!!! This is the perfect qubes solution according to this guy.
Whatever they prescribed you, please take your pills. You really need them.

To the rest: Could everybody please stop feeding the troll; some of us
had quite a busy week and it is bad enough having to catch up with this
list without having to wade through this kind of bullshit.


Achim

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/011a562e-b234-b264-4fd4-84a0fe531d80%40noses.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] How to switch VM network on and off?

2016-07-08 Thread 193084'1093284'0193284'0943218
Hello,

many apps "call home"...
and mostly I need some internet-services direct outside one app only 
occasionally.

On a standard PC I solve this quite simple: HW-Firewall Hotspot requires a 
logon.

So as long I don't logon to my firewall, no app can access the internet.

Now under Qubes, I work much more in the multi-tasking mode.

Some VMs are online and others should be offline in the same time.

But how I can switch on and off the network of only one VM specifically 
(without destroying the advanced network topology inside qubes)?

As an workaround I can:

i) disable the network in the QM (but later I must remember the old settings - 
to the usability security will not to bee too high, with this process).

ii) I can switch on and off the hole connection to the internet (via the 
KDE-Menue).
But again before I switch it on again, I must collect all open windows and 
screen the VMs, which might still run in the background and so the usability 
securtiy might be poor.

Is there are a simple way?

Kind Regards



-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/85274287-98c1-43c3-bfc1-14d57828cc69%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] VIF interfaces

2016-07-08 Thread Connor Page
use arp to see ip and mac addresses of vms connected to interfaces. lookup ip 
in qvm-ls -n or qubes-manager
mac addresses are visible in qvm-prefs. assuming your vms don't spoof these 
addresses ;)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/9ce6bad1-e08f-4df4-b81e-8810e676dabf%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread Chris Laprise

On 07/08/2016 12:27 AM, raahe...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm also confused,  you say gpus are so insecure and that qubes is not doing 
enough to isolate them?
I don't think that's what I implied. But trying to be concise on a 
complex subject can leave some people with the wrong impression, so I 
apologize if I've left out too much.


Two issues with GPUs I'm assuming are that they represent a target for 
malware (being a large computing resource), and also that when we try to 
isolate them most do not respond well to bus commands that enable things 
like passthrough (i.e. they do not 'behave' in IOMMU isolation). 
Passthrough is also clunky, requiring at least another display output. 
GPU virtualization is another way for domU apps to access GPU functions, 
and it shouldn't require separate displays or secondary graphics chips.



Excuse me for being noob but doesn't qubes not allow most gpu functions to go 
past dom0.


AFAIK, Qubes doesn't allow any GPU functions whatsoever from domU into 
dom0. Qubes graphics are virtualized in a 2D, non-accelerated way. 
Having limited developer resources, that is a good first step to making 
the system secure and I'm glad it works that way--for now. But I also 
realize that needs to be a transitional phase and to not remain the 
status quo.


Graphics vendors are currently demonstrating GPU virtualization 
technology that would make GPU utilization safe, inviting developers to 
use it. ITL says this would take a lot of developer effort, however.



And so you would rather have them in domu domains with similar isolation as 
the netcard vm (which has no choice)  and you would feel that more secure?  I'm 
no expert so dont' know if thats true.  If not would even having the ability on 
machine make me more vulnerable even if not applying it myself?  excuse my 
noobness.


Hmmm, no. I think the choice is to either leave the GPU in a privileged 
domain such as dom0 and employ GPU virtualization to allow safe access 
from domUs, or to improve in some way the current (impractical) practice 
of isolating secondary graphics cards in domUs so that they actually 
work when they're properly isolated.



Most people also dont' have two gpus in their machine, which you imply would be 
the most secure way to use this feature?  Only people I know of that do are 
gamers.  If you do graphic designing and need to use special professional 
programs that require gpu processing I would recommend using a separate 
computer.  But it seems this might be a feature in the future on Qubes.  I 
wouldn't call it a priority though.


A lot of people have two GPUs and don't realize it. Even so, its not 
like we are talking about great expense here: Even having access to 
weaker GPUs could make a big difference in Qubes' power and usability.



I think Qubes is fine for normal everyday users doing everyday tasks for home 
and office use.  I can still edit photos, watch movies, create greeting cards, 
view almost any webpage.  Only thing I can't do is play video games.  And thats 
fine I have another machine for that, since i consider playing video games one 
of the most dangerous things you can do online anyways.


Projecting our own personal routines on the issue will probably not be 
of much help. And I think I've already made the case against framing 
this as a games issue; I'd urge the community not to look down its nose 
on graphics in this way or we will find the world of graphics can stare 
back at us more sharply. If it gets to the point where OpenBSD is 
recommended over Qubes because the latter "can't do much" and "lack of 
GPU virtualization sounds pretty insecure" then I think we'll be in real 
trouble. :)



Its nice that you have so much faith in Qubes and that it can stop all attacks, but that 
is unrealistic.  There is still always danger when doing untrusted tasks even when using 
Qubes, even with its hardware isolation.  People should realize what.  Qubes themselves 
describe it as "somewhat" secure, meaning much better then a traditional os,  
but nothing is 100%.


That is always a factor no matter what we do with Qubes. But it seems to 
me that the simple Qubes interfaces have already been used to enable 
some pretty complex functionality "securely". I don't think it follows 
that accessing GPUs through them necessarily incurs unacceptable risk; 
but even if this is a possibility, it requires further investigation. 
Since GPU manufacturers now have an incentive to not appear as an 
element that undermines security (hence, the GPU virtualization 
initiatives they're taking) there is a good chance that some reasonably 
secure accommodation can be made for primary graphics.


The alternative is to endow Qubes systems with secondary graphics that 
work nicely with passthrough. Currently, users can experiment with this 
in a piecemeal fashion and likely meet with failure.


Chris

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To 

Re: [qubes-users] Re: Bridge Network

2016-07-08 Thread cubit
8. Jul 2016 06:47 by drew.qu...@gmail.com:

> I would be interested in a discussion, but not a public one.
>




Just what a community wants to see, someone willing to take but not 
contribute back to it when they can.









-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/KMA0Xi3--3-0%40tutanota.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] No wireless connection with BCM4360 chipset adapter

2016-07-08 Thread Tom Travis
I've installed Qubes 3.1 and Im unable to connect to my wifi. I've got an Asus 
PCE-AC68 802.11ac network adapter which has the BCM4360 chipset. From what I've 
read I dont think this is supported by the drivers which come with Qubes. 
Apparently there is an open driver for this chipset but I have not been able to 
find it and I dont know how to install it without a network connection in Qubes.

I've read that this might help, but wont work for me as I dont have a internet 
connection:

sudo yum install linux-firmware
sudo yum install firmware_b43_installer

How can I install the driver for this chipset in Qubes?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/4f5513e6-3906-4423-9d39-e1b9b7fb0ee5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] No wireless connection with BCM4360 chipset adapter

2016-07-08 Thread Tom Travis
I've installed Qubes 3.1 and Im unable to connect to my wifi. I've got an Asus 
PCE-AC68 802.11ac network adapter which has the BCM4360 chipset. From what I've 
read I dont think this is supported by the drivers which come with Qubes. 
Apparently there is an open driver for this chipset but I have not been able to 
find it and I dont know how to install it without a network connection in Qubes.

I've read that this might help, but wont work for me as I dont have a internet 
connection:

sudo yum install linux-firmware
sudo yum install firmware_b43_installer

How can I install the driver for this chipset in Qubes?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/519fcc74-23a5-4306-8298-4bdd25ef4f73%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] No wireless connection with BCM4360 chipset adapter

2016-07-08 Thread Tom Travis
I've installed Qubes 3.1 and Im unable to connect to my wifi. I've got an Asus 
PCE-AC68 802.11ac network adapter which has the BCM4360 chipset. From what I've 
read I dont think this is supported by the drivers which come with Qubes. 
Apparently there is an open driver for this chipset but I have not been able to 
find it and I dont know how to install it without a network connection in Qubes.

I've read that this might help, but wont work for me as I dont have a internet 
connection:

sudo yum install linux-firmware
sudo yum install firmware_b43_installer

How can I install the driver for this chipset in Qubes?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/34dc9778-a6a5-4802-8e78-1d12d6be756d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread Laszlo Zrubecz
On 07/08/2016 10:56 AM, juris...@gmail.com wrote:

> Install nvidia proprietary driver on dom-0 and be happy with the huge 
> security it will provide And "BE HAPPY" like he is!!!
> Dont forget to remove the security warnings about installing those drivers 
> from the page. Oh, there is none. Cool.
> 
> I am glad someone so smart came to tell how to "be happy" now!!! Thats what 
> you do when you have a gpu. Don`t isolate it to use, just use in dom-0! great!

Seems, you have absolutely no clue about Qubes, Xen and virtualization
in general.


-- 
Laszlo Zrubecz

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/f74b8acd-05ab-beda-7b2c-e359d69ff11e%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread Zrubi
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA256

On 07/08/2016 10:40 AM, juris...@gmail.com wrote:
> Em sexta-feira, 8 de julho de 2016 05:17:54 UTC-3, Laszlo Zrubecz
> escreveu: On 07/08/2016 09:54 AM, juris...@gmail.com wrote:
 Ah and just 1 more thing. Dont forget that a large part of
 users has FAMILY that uses the computer. And family WILL keep
 wanting to use windows. And wont allow people to change the
 system if their fully working windows is not there.



> I did not like your tone and i will take that as an insult.

Sorry to hear that, because that was not my intention.

However I would never talked to you that way you did.



I'm only referring to your sentences like:

> And family WILL keep wanting to use windows. And wont allow people
> to change the system if their fully working windows is not there.

> 99% OF PEOPLE WILL NOT INSTALL AND ABANDON WINDOWS IF THEY CANT
FULLY > USE VIRTUALIZED WINDOWS INCLUDING GAMES


Those people will never ever be the target audience of ANY other
operating system. Because they not really need the SOLUTIONS that
Qubes can provide. They already sacrificed all the things Qubes can
give: Security and Privacy - in turn they can play games and use skype.


And all your thinking are around windows?? A commercial, proprietary
product of Microsoft. - Who the heck cares about that thing???


(I'm also using that OS anyway, but only for gaming on a SEPARATE machin
e)


This is an open source desktops solution. If ANY would care about
running windows under Qubes for real, why not managed to get a team of
programmers to make that work??




- -- 
Zrubi
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
Version: GnuPG v2

iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJXf4ViAAoJEC3TtYFBiXSvKAcP/3adVRMei3RDo4Ji8F1b7gsm
Ldp0QdsipTGTosVIQ3ea+ucGnYwHUWrENAVL9SAOPCfGcu7Q4MOlbyAwqwy03eU/
vdN9/dSKLs4m9sfcS2tl7rvKsyYSN93kIKRGK48SsLmu+pQP1jXQ2Q6pltjGUg2y
wLEGU42bkLu2eFwV3XGEhCffbpWUPr41xGQH0nhj4HCUNJgVQUK6cve/hWG/Y3WT
wRX+n59EFt9N9Ot4dgKVYyWd79yVwtTr08cAFrNl7PaT51qQc+asb0CDac+sJ7FE
8HGktDt+uYiYsLqbjcsxsvLvFE3pB7LzR9FBS/NLCEFWnLlqz1x5qTkxZeFhrESC
BfkoFFCOrVeTVtwdpe0Q1/VqVeSdVGx0bLWDQDLuQQVLiZZFW8I6z1M6qnNSOpA6
rZ4VsI+2O+xL239rM3Z2yA3M6odvDCHFRoWbD/be1bWZzwe1Kh/VUC/y8LN7zi5u
G3cZLNzxy/GSpEFrmMgfKxvyI19/YGvvO4P4icuglsjwsHMNpaO0IU8KDaSgRJn+
3mHOK/8odIyJYh8bgQtYtA2S92EzwOaRxW2qwjrOxfr4DNqyRYKLRiP0W2f4cvQi
t4E+TF/qrv0td4utlVtBDw8smOPaDaz7koW0Sbb90kxfujN9xmEc84cgcwRWBGkH
kYTtnzJEf0UKXCKDRGNv
=0d0k
-END PGP SIGNATURE-

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/59f8e8e4-dd3f-ffa5-8a11-9328470d2cbc%40zrubi.hu.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] HCL Dell Latitude E6420 i7-2640M

2016-07-08 Thread rss+qubes
Hi guys,

I am sending this in primarily because the current HCL list online shows
the E6420 in yellow.

Whereas my experience (as of several months right now with a slightly
newer model: i7-2640M) is that Qubes works flawlessly with this
machine, from install right through to the present. I could just wish
for an SSD and a bit more RAM (currently 8G) but I really cannot find
anything to complain about except for secondary issues like the lack of
ready-to-download Ubuntu and ArchLinux templates and updates. (I know
there are license issues with Ubuntu)

Many thanks for the hard work of everyone who has gotten us this far.
My custom is to always keep a second machine in a near-identical state
as a fallback, and Qubes has now become sufficiently essential to my
digital existence that I am now shopping for a second Qubes machine so
that I will have the requisite two. Ie. Qubes OS is now my full-time
"forever" desktop environment.

As far as marketing goes, some focus should really be directed at the
virtual currency crowd. Qubes' uber-security is a natural fit for those
keeping digital wallets on their desktops.

rss

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20160708154839.48f16eb7%40armor-mail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Qubes-HCL-Dell_Inc_-Latitude_E6420-20160708-152341.yml
Description: application/yaml


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread Duncan Guthrie


On 8 July 2016 09:56:18 BST, juris...@gmail.com wrote:
>Em sexta-feira, 8 de julho de 2016 05:17:54 UTC-3, Laszlo Zrubecz 
>escreveu:
>> -BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
>> Hash: SHA256
>> 
>> On 07/08/2016 09:54 AM, juris...@gmail.com wrote:
>> > Ah and just 1 more thing. Dont forget that a large part of users
>> > has FAMILY that uses the computer. And family WILL keep wanting to
>> > use windows. And wont allow people to change the system if their
>> > fully working windows is not there.
>> 
>> 
>> If somebody is happy with his/her windows/MAC/Ubuntu/WhatEver, then
>no
>> problem at all. They should keep using it.
>> 
>> Qubes is not for everyone. Especially not for the "happy windows
>users".
>> 
>> First priority for Qubes is security and privacy. On windows those
>tho
>> phrase not even exists. Maybe that is the reason for the Windows
>users
>> not even care about those as well.
>> 
>> BTW Windows itself is not ready for Qubes. It cannot be run as a
>> template based system because of:
>> - - legal shit. Let's consult your windows licencing expert about
>this.
>> - - It has no real file system standards,
>> - - Moreover don't even keep any standards.
>> - - I is keeping all kind of thing in the registry.
>> 
>> These points prevents it from running from template. Or at least make
>> your life really hard.
>> 
>> And it is just the OS, then we can start using software made for such
>> OS ;)
>> 
>> Most of those are unable to run on a template based windows because
>> placing it's shit all over the system, including registry -> they
>will
>> not survive a reboot and/or messing up everything.
>> 
>> 
>> Only the real "portable" apps are compatible.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Ohh, and I'm just a hapy Qubes user - for ages.
>> 
>> - -- 
>> Zrubi
>> -BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
>> Version: GnuPG v2
>> 
>> iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJXf2GjAAoJEC3TtYFBiXSvqCoP/AiL5a2pRcBngzUG54WBOq+s
>> bMh86xkOPFjD+Qb7uhumnGR8lPlE/CBus7TbWppyV6Knil26j7QgJODpIHqqhm07
>> YM5uQ7J/z0bgHcIq/hubc3MD7ZYxEXLhtRpqpK8SUPPy6pyjF019LwMyesSiXRCm
>> sVfuOeFU+hemZo3SxmNmkmF+2b+g2PovRtpX04qJvuwK8L+aGg9Dcae17Lg/u2V8
>> YRBZBE5EJEow7wRZDWgZ7xlDk2qCN7FtqO52iIl6k9+bhw6Gy/iRLYFxq2Vd/Mhj
>> xokQ5kmo2tK3w0gbzQxpkjMMHGlt0mFwpLQ14iNaHLrySwII/wRUSEcpl6LugXiX
>> sQXZvwklDF1k+3Kc8SKirMgMWObq/zR6gLypTUVAsRak/+NGwtenbnUkG+fU9g7n
>> DlZLtmMSDwWbP77ecJbrRq0xAp4k4jOiJjnZr9EsuGpEyGKd0tEEC5e2ivNyRcYP
>> mrPacgCiUwTcR6l8FLM/BU5Ujlwda5oLnpKeEUFcT/OwF2YB5BmFHeoFzBpCNC2p
>> 5vJYelE+0sufI6Y9Wmgt6pHOMp6R8JV5j8bYs46paKwXTc97BrJvLtPiJS8Ni2xy
>> 3BoxMJuy2RMqtXYMdcKXYSKh5mKydVgznFbWSFOaN6qbVKRQ12bEfSJidky76lKd
>> ed9yLHLGj0c6FbKrz4F7
>> =HkUz
>> -END PGP SIGNATURE-
>
>HERE!!! This is the perfect qubes solution according to this guy.
>
>https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/install-nvidia-driver/
>
>Install nvidia proprietary driver on dom-0 and be happy with the huge
>security it will provide And "BE HAPPY" like he is!!!
>Dont forget to remove the security warnings about installing those
>drivers from the page. Oh, there is none. Cool.
>
>I am glad someone so smart came to tell how to "be happy" now!!! Thats
>what you do when you have a gpu. Don`t isolate it to use, just use in
>dom-0! great!

I agree that installing the Nvidia driver is definitely not a good idea in 
dom0, and that Qubes shouldn't be recommending how to install the driver, but 
there is no need to be so mocking. It is their computer after all. 

I definitely think we should remove that guide though. Nouveau supports almost 
all Nvidia cards, and Qubes includes the signed firmware required for the newer 
Nvidia cards. With Nouveau we can now have 3D acceleration in dom0 without the 
proprietary driver. From hardware support perspective we don't need to show 
people how to install proprietary driver in dom0, if they want to, can't they 
just ask on the mailing list? It is also bad for people's software freedom to 
support the proprietary driver. Thoughts?

D.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/C140E843-68C5-443A-B084-998517E1BE2B%40posteo.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread Duncan Guthrie


On 8 July 2016 08:51:00 BST, juris...@gmail.com wrote:
>I think programers have some kinda problem.
>They insist in trying to transform linux in something already is,
>something that wont bring windows users, just people into the IT world.

You do realise that most of us are not programmers? Just because we understand 
Qubes doesn't make us programmers. We use Qubes for general tasks because it 
suits us. Qubes is a general purpose operating system, albeit with some 
restrictions due to its unique design.

>So lemme tell you. I posted a HOW TO in a 300k people group this week.
>NORMAL people. Not what YOU think that are normal people. Not 3d
>pinters. Just a facebook group in wich i have 3k friends and lots od
>people read what i post. The thread had 700 comments. 99% OF PEOPLE
>WILL NOT INSTALL AND ABANDON WINDOWS IF THEY CANT FULLY USE VIRTUALIZED
>WINDOWS INCLUDING GAMES. AND MOST PEOPLE HAVE A DEDICATED GPU.
>Specially the new generation. They do not live without games. PERIOD.

If they want to use Qubes nothing is stopping them. But allowing GPU 
passthrough even more than now will destroy security. Then Qubes is just 
another GNU+Linux distribution. Can't these kids learn to compromise?

>Most will still KEEP their unsafe windows profiles for facebook, skype
>etc. With qubes they will CREATE new safe and isolated profiles for
>different purposes. If you had paid an expensive market research you
>would learn hat. Even canonical that HAS a good budget on this made a
>mistake to force people to change too much to use their product.
>Because of a single start menu button they wanted to EDUCATE people not
>to use. 
>
>If you want to REMAIN WRONg, you
>
>- consider some kinda autistic thinking about to WHO is qubes directed
>with a limited mind about what are the activities of a NORMAL PERSON
>inside a computer.
You didn't need to say this. It stigmatises autistic people.
>
>- insist to ignore that people that pass from windows to linux are from
>16 to 26 years mostly and that their profile nowadays is of people that
>do not live without their games or their windows tools they used the
>whole life and that qubes must provide ALTERNATIVES of isolated use for
>things that APPEARS with profiles.
>

I know people who don't play video games heavily in this age group. They are 
quite knowledgeable about computers and not tethered to anything by games. And 
even if they were, they have a good mindset and are willing to compromise to 
protect their security. You criticised people on this thread for defining 
typical computing activities, and then make a generalised assertion about an 
entire age group based on your Facebook friends.

>- insist to ignore that qubes users has high end computers and that
>MOST has a second dedicated GPU
>
>- insist to ignore that most people WILL have a nvidia and that its use
>in dom-0 or dual monitor will compromise the qubes security. 
>

For a start, I use a computer from 2008 (a ThinkPad X200) and it is below the 
minimal hardware requirements. It works fine, and is hardly high-end by today's 
standards. If I also recall, dom0 supports 3D acceleration as it has access to 
hardware, I'm not sure where you get the idea you need a dedicated GPU. There 
are efforts to make GPU more secure by putting it in a domain so it in theory 
has no access to userspace programs running.

>- insist in ignore that NOONE that has spent money in a dedicated gpu
>will retire the gpu.
>
>- insist to ignore that qubes is also not directed to office public, in
>office work, because qubes dont even have isolation for physical acess.
>I can not even go to sleep and leave some stranger into my computer or
>a girl with some gui menu that allows me to only release ONE vm for him
>to mess while i am away and lock all other vms. We have NO way of
>locking the acess to dom-0 yet and in a lock screen have button or a
>password to release one vm. That is an idea a had but in this stage
>with so many to do, is not a priority to isolate the physical machine
>from normal unwanted guests to acess
>
>- ignore that all the distros that WORKED outside it world has a MAIN
>reason that is providing a SMOOTH pass from windows to linux. wine,
>virtualization, etc. AND that more than 90% of people, not to say 99%
>if they are not from IT world will ONLY use windows WITH DUAL BOOT.
>

The IT world I assume is computer R and offices. If these people you refer to 
want games, then they should understand Qubes doesn't work for heavy gaming, as 
its design is to be secure. These people on Facebook who say they would switch, 
most will not. It is much easier not to. If they haven't switched to other 
GNU+Linux systems then they aren't going to switch to Qubes. Unless we let the 
games run in raw hardware (they are proprietary, incredibly complex, require 
many libraries) they won't be very fast. That would defeat the point of Qubes 
entirely. Tell your Facebook friends to run the games on a dedicated computer 
which has no 

[qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread jurisdan
Here, lazlo!!! I found a tale for you. is about HAPYNESS ang ignorance.
it is 1 page only, from a guy named VOLTAIRE.

http://www.online-literature.com/voltaire/4411/

"The Good Brahmin
DOES HAPPINESS RESULT FROM IGNORANCE OR FROM KNOWLEDGE?" 

read it. And REMAIN HAPPY! I chose knowledge.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/ead40afd-101a-4cf7-ae26-9ceec241da65%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Qubes 3.2 rc1 freezes during the setting up networking stage

2016-07-08 Thread Jeral
Qubes 3.2 rc1 freezes during the first run on the "setting up networking" 
stage... :(
As the system was unresponsive, I made a hard reset, but after rebooting the 
system wasn't loading at all (black screen after entering the disk password)...
The model of my network card is Dell Wireless 1830

Any chance to fix that issue?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/7e72c90d-8564-47d5-8fd7-c59667a4aa0f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread jurisdan
Em sexta-feira, 8 de julho de 2016 05:17:54 UTC-3, Laszlo Zrubecz  escreveu:
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
> Hash: SHA256
> 
> On 07/08/2016 09:54 AM, juris...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Ah and just 1 more thing. Dont forget that a large part of users
> > has FAMILY that uses the computer. And family WILL keep wanting to
> > use windows. And wont allow people to change the system if their
> > fully working windows is not there.
> 
> 
> If somebody is happy with his/her windows/MAC/Ubuntu/WhatEver, then no
> problem at all. They should keep using it.
> 
> Qubes is not for everyone. Especially not for the "happy windows users".
> 
> First priority for Qubes is security and privacy. On windows those tho
> phrase not even exists. Maybe that is the reason for the Windows users
> not even care about those as well.
> 
> BTW Windows itself is not ready for Qubes. It cannot be run as a
> template based system because of:
> - - legal shit. Let's consult your windows licencing expert about this.
> - - It has no real file system standards,
> - - Moreover don't even keep any standards.
> - - I is keeping all kind of thing in the registry.
> 
> These points prevents it from running from template. Or at least make
> your life really hard.
> 
> And it is just the OS, then we can start using software made for such
> OS ;)
> 
> Most of those are unable to run on a template based windows because
> placing it's shit all over the system, including registry -> they will
> not survive a reboot and/or messing up everything.
> 
> 
> Only the real "portable" apps are compatible.
> 
> 
> 
> Ohh, and I'm just a hapy Qubes user - for ages.
> 
> - -- 
> Zrubi
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
> Version: GnuPG v2
> 
> iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJXf2GjAAoJEC3TtYFBiXSvqCoP/AiL5a2pRcBngzUG54WBOq+s
> bMh86xkOPFjD+Qb7uhumnGR8lPlE/CBus7TbWppyV6Knil26j7QgJODpIHqqhm07
> YM5uQ7J/z0bgHcIq/hubc3MD7ZYxEXLhtRpqpK8SUPPy6pyjF019LwMyesSiXRCm
> sVfuOeFU+hemZo3SxmNmkmF+2b+g2PovRtpX04qJvuwK8L+aGg9Dcae17Lg/u2V8
> YRBZBE5EJEow7wRZDWgZ7xlDk2qCN7FtqO52iIl6k9+bhw6Gy/iRLYFxq2Vd/Mhj
> xokQ5kmo2tK3w0gbzQxpkjMMHGlt0mFwpLQ14iNaHLrySwII/wRUSEcpl6LugXiX
> sQXZvwklDF1k+3Kc8SKirMgMWObq/zR6gLypTUVAsRak/+NGwtenbnUkG+fU9g7n
> DlZLtmMSDwWbP77ecJbrRq0xAp4k4jOiJjnZr9EsuGpEyGKd0tEEC5e2ivNyRcYP
> mrPacgCiUwTcR6l8FLM/BU5Ujlwda5oLnpKeEUFcT/OwF2YB5BmFHeoFzBpCNC2p
> 5vJYelE+0sufI6Y9Wmgt6pHOMp6R8JV5j8bYs46paKwXTc97BrJvLtPiJS8Ni2xy
> 3BoxMJuy2RMqtXYMdcKXYSKh5mKydVgznFbWSFOaN6qbVKRQ12bEfSJidky76lKd
> ed9yLHLGj0c6FbKrz4F7
> =HkUz
> -END PGP SIGNATURE-

HERE!!! This is the perfect qubes solution according to this guy.

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/install-nvidia-driver/

Install nvidia proprietary driver on dom-0 and be happy with the huge security 
it will provide And "BE HAPPY" like he is!!!
Dont forget to remove the security warnings about installing those drivers from 
the page. Oh, there is none. Cool.

I am glad someone so smart came to tell how to "be happy" now!!! Thats what you 
do when you have a gpu. Don`t isolate it to use, just use in dom-0! great!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/f7c163a1-7962-4b3d-88d3-b56b6d63ab59%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread jurisdan
Em sexta-feira, 8 de julho de 2016 05:17:54 UTC-3, Laszlo Zrubecz  escreveu:
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
> Hash: SHA256
> 
> On 07/08/2016 09:54 AM, juris...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Ah and just 1 more thing. Dont forget that a large part of users
> > has FAMILY that uses the computer. And family WILL keep wanting to
> > use windows. And wont allow people to change the system if their
> > fully working windows is not there.
> 
> 
> If somebody is happy with his/her windows/MAC/Ubuntu/WhatEver, then no
> problem at all. They should keep using it.
> 
> Qubes is not for everyone. Especially not for the "happy windows users".
> 
> First priority for Qubes is security and privacy. On windows those tho
> phrase not even exists. Maybe that is the reason for the Windows users
> not even care about those as well.
> 
> BTW Windows itself is not ready for Qubes. It cannot be run as a
> template based system because of:
> - - legal shit. Let's consult your windows licencing expert about this.
> - - It has no real file system standards,
> - - Moreover don't even keep any standards.
> - - I is keeping all kind of thing in the registry.
> 
> These points prevents it from running from template. Or at least make
> your life really hard.
> 
> And it is just the OS, then we can start using software made for such
> OS ;)
> 
> Most of those are unable to run on a template based windows because
> placing it's shit all over the system, including registry -> they will
> not survive a reboot and/or messing up everything.
> 
> 
> Only the real "portable" apps are compatible.
> 
> 
> 
> Ohh, and I'm just a hapy Qubes user - for ages.
> 
> - -- 
> Zrubi
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
> Version: GnuPG v2
> 
> iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJXf2GjAAoJEC3TtYFBiXSvqCoP/AiL5a2pRcBngzUG54WBOq+s
> bMh86xkOPFjD+Qb7uhumnGR8lPlE/CBus7TbWppyV6Knil26j7QgJODpIHqqhm07
> YM5uQ7J/z0bgHcIq/hubc3MD7ZYxEXLhtRpqpK8SUPPy6pyjF019LwMyesSiXRCm
> sVfuOeFU+hemZo3SxmNmkmF+2b+g2PovRtpX04qJvuwK8L+aGg9Dcae17Lg/u2V8
> YRBZBE5EJEow7wRZDWgZ7xlDk2qCN7FtqO52iIl6k9+bhw6Gy/iRLYFxq2Vd/Mhj
> xokQ5kmo2tK3w0gbzQxpkjMMHGlt0mFwpLQ14iNaHLrySwII/wRUSEcpl6LugXiX
> sQXZvwklDF1k+3Kc8SKirMgMWObq/zR6gLypTUVAsRak/+NGwtenbnUkG+fU9g7n
> DlZLtmMSDwWbP77ecJbrRq0xAp4k4jOiJjnZr9EsuGpEyGKd0tEEC5e2ivNyRcYP
> mrPacgCiUwTcR6l8FLM/BU5Ujlwda5oLnpKeEUFcT/OwF2YB5BmFHeoFzBpCNC2p
> 5vJYelE+0sufI6Y9Wmgt6pHOMp6R8JV5j8bYs46paKwXTc97BrJvLtPiJS8Ni2xy
> 3BoxMJuy2RMqtXYMdcKXYSKh5mKydVgznFbWSFOaN6qbVKRQ12bEfSJidky76lKd
> ed9yLHLGj0c6FbKrz4F7
> =HkUz
> -END PGP SIGNATURE-

SORRY PEOPLE I APOLOGIZE!!! i have a NVIDIA GPU. I failed to understand that if 
gpu spy is a security problem, i must not use my second monitor. I FAILED to 
understand that i NEED TO USE it in dom-0 and fail in security or throw it in 
garbage according to this guy. Virtualization of qubes is made to web browse 
and send e-mails.
Seems i failed to understand that GPUS FOR QUBES USERS IS TO USE IN DOM-0 
without virtualization! THAT is the idea of security!!! Ah!!!
Remember to tell qubes developers to REMOVE windows tools! "Qubes is not made 
to use with windows", let them stay in their OS. Let EVERYONE stay in the OS 
they use.

Is that what you want people to reach? Your way of thinking?
One that is exclusive yours? ok.
HE IS HAPPY with what he has so you need not to improve nothing else on qubes, 
did you understand developers?


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/3fdde75c-8e18-433f-af8d-9d25a86d029b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Problem with chrony package installing on Qubes Release 3.2-rc1

2016-07-08 Thread Jeral
On Friday, July 8, 2016 at 1:05:52 AM UTC+3, R.B. wrote:
> On 07/06/2016 04:52 PM, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> > -BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
> > Hash: SHA512
> >
> > On 2016-07-06 04:40, Jeral A wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I'm having problem during the Qubes Release 3.2-rc1 installation.
> >> During the installation process error message displays, informing
> >> me that the "chrony" package won't be installed. Here is the whole
> >> error message text: You have specified that the package 'chrony'
> >> should be installed. This package does not exist. Would you like to
> >> ignore this package and continue with installation?
> >>
> >> If I press "Yes", then the installation process continues, but
> >> after the system runs first time, another error message appears:
> >> https://i.imgur.com/n1d7HOm.jpg
> >>
> >> After that the system starts normally, but I can't find any
> >> preinstalled VMs (sys-net, sys-firewall, work, personal etc).
> 
> Had a similar effect during my second install. At the time I had backups 
> of VM's waiting to get re-installed, so I didn't take note of which vm's 
> where missing at the time. I did see the chrony error.
> What I did different in relation to the first install, was setting 
> timezone and keyboard. At the first install, I adjusted the settings 
> _after_ the install. Could be the two issues below are related?
> 
> Maybe a fresh install with default settings?
> 
> >
> > https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2110
> > https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2147
> >
> 
> Regards,
> 
> RB

Thanks a lot!
I reinstalled the system without changing time zone and there was no error 
message about the chrony package!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/f34d3b98-934b-4451-b174-74df90901879%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread jurisdan
Em sexta-feira, 8 de julho de 2016 05:17:54 UTC-3, Laszlo Zrubecz  escreveu:
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
> Hash: SHA256
> 
> On 07/08/2016 09:54 AM, juris...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Ah and just 1 more thing. Dont forget that a large part of users
> > has FAMILY that uses the computer. And family WILL keep wanting to
> > use windows. And wont allow people to change the system if their
> > fully working windows is not there.
> 
> 
> If somebody is happy with his/her windows/MAC/Ubuntu/WhatEver, then no
> problem at all. They should keep using it.
> 
> Qubes is not for everyone. Especially not for the "happy windows users".
> 
> First priority for Qubes is security and privacy. On windows those tho
> phrase not even exists. Maybe that is the reason for the Windows users
> not even care about those as well.
> 
> BTW Windows itself is not ready for Qubes. It cannot be run as a
> template based system because of:
> - - legal shit. Let's consult your windows licencing expert about this.
> - - It has no real file system standards,
> - - Moreover don't even keep any standards.
> - - I is keeping all kind of thing in the registry.
> 
> These points prevents it from running from template. Or at least make
> your life really hard.
> 
> And it is just the OS, then we can start using software made for such
> OS ;)
> 
> Most of those are unable to run on a template based windows because
> placing it's shit all over the system, including registry -> they will
> not survive a reboot and/or messing up everything.
> 
> 
> Only the real "portable" apps are compatible.
> 
> 
> 
> Ohh, and I'm just a hapy Qubes user - for ages.
> 
> - -- 
> Zrubi
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
> Version: GnuPG v2
> 
> iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJXf2GjAAoJEC3TtYFBiXSvqCoP/AiL5a2pRcBngzUG54WBOq+s
> bMh86xkOPFjD+Qb7uhumnGR8lPlE/CBus7TbWppyV6Knil26j7QgJODpIHqqhm07
> YM5uQ7J/z0bgHcIq/hubc3MD7ZYxEXLhtRpqpK8SUPPy6pyjF019LwMyesSiXRCm
> sVfuOeFU+hemZo3SxmNmkmF+2b+g2PovRtpX04qJvuwK8L+aGg9Dcae17Lg/u2V8
> YRBZBE5EJEow7wRZDWgZ7xlDk2qCN7FtqO52iIl6k9+bhw6Gy/iRLYFxq2Vd/Mhj
> xokQ5kmo2tK3w0gbzQxpkjMMHGlt0mFwpLQ14iNaHLrySwII/wRUSEcpl6LugXiX
> sQXZvwklDF1k+3Kc8SKirMgMWObq/zR6gLypTUVAsRak/+NGwtenbnUkG+fU9g7n
> DlZLtmMSDwWbP77ecJbrRq0xAp4k4jOiJjnZr9EsuGpEyGKd0tEEC5e2ivNyRcYP
> mrPacgCiUwTcR6l8FLM/BU5Ujlwda5oLnpKeEUFcT/OwF2YB5BmFHeoFzBpCNC2p
> 5vJYelE+0sufI6Y9Wmgt6pHOMp6R8JV5j8bYs46paKwXTc97BrJvLtPiJS8Ni2xy
> 3BoxMJuy2RMqtXYMdcKXYSKh5mKydVgznFbWSFOaN6qbVKRQ12bEfSJidky76lKd
> ed9yLHLGj0c6FbKrz4F7
> =HkUz
> -END PGP SIGNATURE-

I did not like your tone and i will take that as an insult. If you were happy 
with a TYPEWRITER, you should keep using it.
That is your way of thinking.

Sory to say, but you have a limited mind. If you failed to understand that gpu 
passtrough is a security problem, try to read again.

Noone cares, and should not care if it reaches YOUR personal needs as an IT 
user.

If you think that qubes is directed to provide security to a VERY SMALL AND 
RESTRICT group, congratulations. You failed again. At least as a thinker to 
direct the ship. You may even be good in isolated tasks, but you are unable to 
see the whole picture. i am sorry.

In the post i teached how to use TAILS, there are HUNDREDS of people that uses 
it now. Qubes? There were hundreds interested. The main question was FULL 
WINDOWS FUNCIONALITY. And that lack made almost all give up untill that 
funcionality is ready.

If you are happy with what you have, dont invent nothing else.
That is a real stupid way of thinking. You are someone destinated to work for 
others. a sheep.

Noone told you to PROVIDE A WINDOWS TEMPLATE. People install it. It is not 
forbidden.

If you are HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, do not upgrade anymore. Do not use NONE of 
new funcionalities. Stop. Freeze your system to make it become like your brain.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/1d95d9b0-77e1-4cb7-a031-11a9bd9446a9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread Zrubi
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA256

On 07/08/2016 09:54 AM, juris...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ah and just 1 more thing. Dont forget that a large part of users
> has FAMILY that uses the computer. And family WILL keep wanting to
> use windows. And wont allow people to change the system if their
> fully working windows is not there.


If somebody is happy with his/her windows/MAC/Ubuntu/WhatEver, then no
problem at all. They should keep using it.

Qubes is not for everyone. Especially not for the "happy windows users".

First priority for Qubes is security and privacy. On windows those tho
phrase not even exists. Maybe that is the reason for the Windows users
not even care about those as well.

BTW Windows itself is not ready for Qubes. It cannot be run as a
template based system because of:
- - legal shit. Let's consult your windows licencing expert about this.
- - It has no real file system standards,
- - Moreover don't even keep any standards.
- - I is keeping all kind of thing in the registry.

These points prevents it from running from template. Or at least make
your life really hard.

And it is just the OS, then we can start using software made for such
OS ;)

Most of those are unable to run on a template based windows because
placing it's shit all over the system, including registry -> they will
not survive a reboot and/or messing up everything.


Only the real "portable" apps are compatible.



Ohh, and I'm just a hapy Qubes user - for ages.

- -- 
Zrubi
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
Version: GnuPG v2
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=HkUz
-END PGP SIGNATURE-

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/b34947f2-45a8-76dd-ba93-ab02cb6ca264%40zrubi.hu.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: Qubes top priorities suggestions for me as an user.

2016-07-08 Thread jurisdan
Ah and just 1 more thing. Dont forget that a large part of users has FAMILY 
that uses the computer. And family WILL keep wanting to use windows. And wont 
allow people to change the system if their fully working windows is not there.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/5a2e7b9c-0649-441f-947e-b4517252e812%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: Bridge Network

2016-07-08 Thread Drew White
On Friday, 8 July 2016 14:35:31 UTC+10, Iestyn Best  wrote:
> You mentioned a script you have. Are you willing to share this and provide 
> some details on what you have been working on. I am interested as this may 
> solve a problem that I am currently experiencing.

I would be interested in a discussion, but not a public one.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/82c6eaa4-7c12-4b76-bd1e-71c44efd80f8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] VIF interfaces

2016-07-08 Thread Drew White
How do I find out what VMs are on what VIF from each NetVM/ProxyVM?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/4012369d-bb43-4fc4-9304-2e7dc4a0a7f0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: Networking

2016-07-08 Thread Drew White
On Friday, 8 July 2016 14:36:31 UTC+10, raah...@gmail.com  wrote:

> oh ok only way i knew of was cat /sys/proc/net/interface/speedthought 
> maybe there was some similar way to check settings for the virtual nic's 
> since it didn't work there.  
> 
> I think Qubes is aimed more at everyday home and small business office users. 
>  But I guess if they want to reach corporate audience and corporate admins 
> this is something that should be looked into.

On my NetVM I'm running bwm-ng.
I had 1 VM copying data out... running at 100 Mbps.
I had another one copying in... running at 100 Mbps.

I know it was because the data for each machine never went over 100 Mbps on 
their interface.

I then had 2 copying data out. both running at 100 Mbps.

Their VIF interface was 100 Mbps each, and the data on the external side was 
running at 200 Mbps (aggregate of the internals)

So my 1Gbps connection isn't even being touched.

I copied data from an external source to the NetVm that had the NIC, and it's 
throughput went up to almost 60 MBps. So that's about 480 Mbps. That's about 
half of what the whole system can do on that 1 NIC.

As expected, there is some degradation due to drive performance and the fact of 
the virtualisation and the performance the other end, as well as threads I've 
assigned to my NetVM and the threads available the other end too.

But all in all, I could be copying from 5 machines, and get all 1 Gbps used on 
my own NIC.

At home, on my HOME machine, I use Qubes a different way to here, but the fact 
is, the Network performance is really bad, even for home use.

Qubes is aimed at those that want security and performance side by side. It has 
most of that, just the network performance is lacking.

Many home users these days have Internet connections that are lower than 100 
Mbps. But there are some that have 1 Gbps internet connections.

Corporate users OR home users, doesn't matter, the 100 Mbps network performance 
is just horrid.

I have 4 VMs running right now behind the NetVM.
  They all use network at times. But when I want to use the network I want the 
network, not a slow connection.

Corporate users and other businesses, and us programmers want security. Home 
users, they don't really, not all the time, or very much at least. (from what 
I've seen and heard and been told when I've gotten people to use qubes)

Lots of home users, their children use the PC to play games and all under 
Windows. They don't want the virtualisation overhead or anything like that.

So you know... 
I am a "small business office user".
So if it's aimed at me, networking isn't fast enough.
If it's aimed at me as a home user, networking isn't fast enough.

As a corporate GENERAL ADMIN that doesn't need much data throughput, then yes 
it's fine.

As a technical admin, too slow.

I think it just needs to be gigabit all the way through, and then just 
loadbalanced for the machines that are requesting data.

Even have the options for prioritising the data.

I want my Web browser to be second priority for data.
I want my movie watcher to be third priority.
I want my remote support machine to be first priority.
I want my dom0 update vm to be lowest priority.

All gigabit, all prioritised. everything then has it's place and knows it's 
place.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/b8bb493a-1ef8-4ee7-96b9-573c95eff09b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.