Re: [qubes-users] Re: How To Replace Libvirt Drivers

2017-11-29 Thread Person
Also, are there any driver updates that would fix this? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "qubes-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this

[qubes-users] Can't fin chrome

2017-11-29 Thread lireriu
I downloaded chrome and started it but it doesn't show up as a program that I can make a shortcut for. I don't know if i installed it wrong or if I've installed it all please help. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "qubes-users" group. To unsubscribe

Re: [qubes-users] Re: Failed to load Kernel Modules

2017-11-29 Thread Unman
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 05:03:56PM +0100, 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users wrote: > On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 14:18:44 CET cooloutac wrote: > > Of course many feel Qubes is for more advanced users, and apparently that > > will become a self fulfilling prophecy in version 4. > > Looking at the

[qubes-users] Re: off topic - invite codes to 'riseup'

2017-11-29 Thread casper266938
Hi, Can you send me rise up invitation code please. Thanks -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "qubes-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to

Re: [qubes-users] Qubes in a corporate network behind HTTP proxy

2017-11-29 Thread Unman
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 03:12:46PM -0800, pr0xy wrote: > On 2017-11-27 09:33, awokd wrote: > > On Mon, November 27, 2017 05:40, pr0xy wrote: > >> On 2017-11-20 18:08, awokd wrote: > >>> On Mon, November 20, 2017 10:01, pr0xy wrote: > Please help a somewhat noob who wants to use Qubes in the

Re: [qubes-users] Printer working with Debian DVMs but not when opening up a doc in a DVM from e.g. Work VM?

2017-11-29 Thread velcro
I am not sure of the pros and cons but I actually think its OK and makes sense. I like the restricted DVM having restrictions. Thanks again...and thanks Qubes team! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "qubes-users" group. To unsubscribe from this

Re: [qubes-users] Recover broken bootloader

2017-11-29 Thread barbudoazul93
On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 10:28:48 PM UTC+1, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote: > -BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE- > Hash: SHA256 > > On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 08:23:39PM -0700, loke...@gmail.com wrote: > > My laptop has started to fail to boot my 4.0rc2 installation. This started > >

Re: [qubes-users] qvm-backup-restore --verify-only broken ?

2017-11-29 Thread Chris Laprise
On 11/29/2017 05:43 PM, Jean-Luc Duriez wrote: Hello Qubists I currently use Qubes R4 RC2, and would like to upgrade to RC3 after a backup. But I experience problems with the qvm-restore-backup --verify-only command. Should I worry about the quality of my backup ? Hi, I created issue #3303

Re: [qubes-users] Re: Failed to load Kernel Modules

2017-11-29 Thread cooloutac
On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 11:04:06 AM UTC-5, Tom Zander wrote: > On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 14:18:44 CET cooloutac wrote: > > Of course many feel Qubes is for more advanced users, and apparently that > > will become a self fulfilling prophecy in version 4. > > Looking at the (lack of)

[qubes-users] 3 different rez monitors doable?

2017-11-29 Thread Stumpy
I don't see why this wouldn't work, but at the same time, I thought better to be safe than sorry. I have two monitors (1920x) hooked up to my comp which has two video out ports, I wanted to add a 4k monitor and will have to add an extra card. So. 1) Is there any reason this wouldn't work? 2)

Re: [qubes-users] Re: 4.0 rc1 firewall failed stderr cannot execute qrexec-daeomn

2017-11-29 Thread Stumpy
On 11.11.2017 13:43, David Hobach wrote: On 11/11/2017 12:52 AM, Stumpy wrote: On 10.11.2017 17:45, David Hobach wrote: On 11/10/2017 05:41 PM, David Hobach wrote: Your point about sys-net not working might very well be part of it as it seems to start sometimes and not others, though

[qubes-users] Re: Fedora-minimal template cloning issue

2017-11-29 Thread leylines . 28
I can manage to load a Xterm in my newly clone VM with command in dom0 : "qvm-run -p -u root VMNAME xterm". But how comes, that it is not available in template applications ? Let's say i'm mostly a GUI user, actually digging the dark side of command management. maybe missed something ?

[qubes-users] Fedora-minimal template cloning issue

2017-11-29 Thread leylines . 28
Hello everyone, >From a fresh Qubes Install (V4), I'm trying to set up MFA authentication like >explained here : https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/multifactor-authentication/ This requires the installation of "fedora25-minimal" template. Template install succesfully, with an "xterm" available for

Re: [qubes-users] Qubes in a corporate network behind HTTP proxy

2017-11-29 Thread pr0xy
On 2017-11-27 09:33, awokd wrote: > On Mon, November 27, 2017 05:40, pr0xy wrote: >> On 2017-11-20 18:08, awokd wrote: >>> On Mon, November 20, 2017 10:01, pr0xy wrote: Please help a somewhat noob who wants to use Qubes in the office. I got the OK to try using Qubes R3.2 in my

[qubes-users] qvm-backup-restore --verify-only broken ?

2017-11-29 Thread Jean-Luc Duriez
Hello Qubists I currently use Qubes R4 RC2, and would like to upgrade to RC3 after a backup. But I experience problems with the qvm-restore-backup --verify-only command. Should I worry about the quality of my backup ? Here is my workflow: 1) backup on a USB external drive: [jl@dom0 bin]$

Re: [qubes-users] Qubes 4.0 RC3 (installation) MEGA-HUGE security flaw! (report the bug below or quit the program)

2017-11-29 Thread genevieve . c . gauthier
On Wed, 2017-11-29 at 15:59 +, Unman wrote: > In the Fedora documentation there ARE methods described for getting > bug > reports out of the install process, but they require active > intervention > from the user (copy to another drive or scp across network). There's > no > suggestion that

[qubes-users] 4.0 RC3 IO Remapping differences - qubes-hcl and xl dmesg on Asus Sabertooth Rev 2.0 bios 2901

2017-11-29 Thread Sergio Matta
PUTER_INC_-SABERTOOTH_990FX_R2_0-20171129-135745.yml Description: Binary data Xen 4.8.2-10.fc25 (XEN) Xen version 4.8.2 (user@) (gcc (GCC) 6.4.1 20170727 (Red Hat 6.4.1-1)) debug=n Sun Nov 5 01:42:52 UTC 2017 (XEN) Latest ChangeSet: (XEN) Bootloader: GRUB 2.02~beta3 (XEN) Command line: placehold

Re: [qubes-users] Printer working with Debian DVMs but not when opening up a doc in a DVM from e.g. Work VM?

2017-11-29 Thread Unman
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 07:51:12AM -0800, vel...@tutamail.com wrote: > I managed to work it out! It is a wireless printer...thank you Unman...you > rock! > > However my trouble shooting brought up another question: It appears as if the > DVM launched from "work" inherits the firewall settings

Re: [qubes-users] Qubes 4.0 RC3 (installation) MEGA-HUGE security flaw! (report the bug below or quit the program)

2017-11-29 Thread Unman
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 02:51:33AM -0500, '[799]' via qubes-users wrote: > Hello Unman, > > >> It's perfectly possible that the installer (not principally written by > >> Qubes) could mistakenly include a passphrase string. > > As far as I have understand, the problem is not that the password is

Re: [qubes-users] Printer working with Debian DVMs but not when opening up a doc in a DVM from e.g. Work VM?

2017-11-29 Thread velcro
I managed to work it out! It is a wireless printer...thank you Unman...you rock! However my trouble shooting brought up another question: It appears as if the DVM launched from "work" inherits the firewall settings from "work"? Is that to be expected? All I needed to do was add my printers IP

Re: [qubes-users] Veracrypt a drive connected to sys-usb

2017-11-29 Thread awokd
On Wed, November 29, 2017 11:21, Arnulf Maria Bultmann wrote: > Hi, > how can I decrypt a drive connected to sys-usb and then connect this > decrypted drive to another vm? Sys-usb should be treated as untrusted. You should not decrypt drives attached to it from within sys-usb. What you should do

[qubes-users] Veracrypt a drive connected to sys-usb

2017-11-29 Thread Arnulf Maria Bultmann
Hi, how can I decrypt a drive connected to sys-usb and then connect this decrypted drive to another vm? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "qubes-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

Re: [qubes-users] Qubes 4.0 RC3 (installation) MEGA-HUGE security flaw! (report the bug below or quit the program)

2017-11-29 Thread 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users
On Wednesday, 29 November 2017 02:40:01 CET Genevieve Gauthier wrote: > What do you need me to do ? Please expain in a little more detail what versions of the software you were using, what steps we might follow to reproduce the problem. For instance which screen was the last thing that was on

Re: [qubes-users] Qubes 4.0 RC3 (installation) MEGA-HUGE security flaw! (report the bug below or quit the program)

2017-11-29 Thread 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users
On Wednesday, 29 November 2017 08:51:33 CET '[799]' via qubes-users wrote: > As far as I have understand, the problem is not that the password is > shown, but that the report with this error mistake and the password could > get transferred. I don't want that my password gets transferred in some >