[qubes-users] Donating to qubes

2018-11-02 Thread pieter lems
Hello again everyone. I'm sorry for posting for the second time today but i
have a question related to qubes donations. I know it's possible to donate
by using ur credit card and by using bitcoin. The question is as follows:
Are there any other options available for donating such as paypal or IDeal
(for people from Holland)? If not is it possible to create those options
for people that either dont use a credit card or are not familliar with
bitcoins?
Thanks again in advance.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CAK8vAnWeJYgYFk2xFhqbkT_k2SY%3DS4r_eKpvS1wGNaaBpHmg6w%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes 4.0: Device Widget disappeared

2018-11-02 Thread Marcus Linsner
On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 11:21:08 AM UTC+1, peter.p...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 11:17:48 AM UTC+2, fabr...@statebox.io wrote:
> > On Friday, October 12, 2018 at 7:13:56 AM UTC+2, awokd wrote:
> > > fabr...@statebox.io wrote on 10/11/18 9:40 AM:
> > > > On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 5:05:45 PM UTC+1, gaxi...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > >> The system tray device widget is not visible anymore. It was there 
> > > >> after a fresh 4.0 install but disappeared after some days. How can i 
> > > >> get it back?
> > > > 
> > > > Bad news!: After today's Dom0 update, I got exactly this problem. Trace 
> > > > is the same as reported above. I never encountered it before. Is there 
> > > > something I can do?
> > > 
> > > Looks like that's a recent bug that has already been fixed: 
> > > https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4386, so the device 
> > > widget should reappear after the next round of updates.
> > 
> > I updated from the qubes-dom0-current-testing repo but the problem is still 
> > there :(
> 
> I observed the following:
> 
> Starting a vm with 
> $ qvm-start --hddisk dom0:dataimage.img vm-name 
> makes the devices widget disappear.
> 
> But luckily
> $ python3 -mqui.tray.devices &
this should also work:
$ qui-devices &
> re-creates it again.
> 
> Starting a vm without an external HDD image leaves the widget untouched.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/f52183b6-6918-4cb6-89c5-d36f258f1c28%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes 3.2: No Internet Connection, neither with Wi-Fi, neither with Ethernet. HELP PLEASE!

2018-11-02 Thread LMiller M
Ok doing some research about this as much as I can learn about. I’m redoing
the os 4.0 install. I got the warning that my machine doesn’t have
HVM/VT-x/amd-v. Link from Qubes site. Basically no vms will work with
anything. Can you help explain how I’m supposed virt-type to PV? Or should
I just install the os 3.2?

The main problem I was having was. After running lookup qvm-pci I see my
devices fine. The nic card shows up in the listing. In the network
connections add connection. Everything is grayed out can’t add anything no
vms work

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3208
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:17 PM unman  wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 07:43:00AM -0700, lifestyle wrote:
> > On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 10:33:04 AM UTC-4, unman wrote:
> > > On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 05:53:15AM -0700, 56lmil...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > > On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:41:36 PM UTC-4, helpp...@vfemail.net
> wrote:
> > > > > THIS CONCERNS QUBES 3.2 (latest update, downloaded from the
> website 3
> > > > > days ago).
> > > >
> > > > No Network Connection: Qubes Os 4.0 - HP z230 desktop
> > > > hello everyone, there is really not much help on this os version. I
> need some assistance please.  As i have read this persons post that loves
> (!!!) i have been able to see a few things that has helped.
> > > >
> > > > With my desktop, sys-net has no connection and does see the nic.
> When I open the network connection dialog, i'm asked to add connection.
> when I select add, choose either.  the next page is fully grayed out, can't
> select anything.  there are no errors that come up when booted.
> > > >
>
> > > > I see that I can use a usb wifi stick. but with that said, i need to
> be able to install a fix to get it to work.  is that a true statement?
> > > >
> > > > assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Nothing like a bit of necrophilia.
> > >
> > > The fact that sys-net does not see the NIC suggests that you are
> missing
> > > some drivers. Review the boot log in sys-net, and you may see the
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > What card do you have in there? I cant see the spec from the HP site.
> > > You could try changing the temaplet for sys-net to Debian instead of
> > > Fedora, and see if the right drivers are loaded.
> > >
> > > I',m not sure what you mean bu "install a fix" - if you use a supported
> > > wifi stick, then it should load without further trouble. If you need
> > > further drivers for that, then yes, you will need to install them.
> > > If you do need drivers then you will have to download them on a
> > > different machine or using alive disk.
> >
> > hello and thank you for the response.  i apologize, i meant sysnet sees
> the nic device.  the nic is intel(r) i217-LM
> >
> > What you mention about the usb wifi stick loading with out trouble makes
> sense.  I will check the sys-net log.
> >
> > most of the support I have seen is mainly for os verion 3.2.  I seen
> someone mention that if you use a usb wifi stick that you had to build a
> cube for it and set a passthrough for it.
> >
>
> Hello
>
> Check the logs in sys-net, as you say. Post back with any problems that
> you see there.
> Try using a Debian based sys-net, and see if that helps.
>
> As to use of wifi, this will depend on whether you have a USBqube set up
> (sys-usb), and what ports/connectors you have available.
> If you have multiple connectors, then you can connect 1 directly to
> sys-net, and the rest to sys-usb. If you only have 1, then you will have
> to try USB pass-through. That isnt difficult but again, check the lists
> for reports of problems with particular devices.
>
> best of luck
>
> unman
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
> Google Groups "qubes-users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/qubes-users/sEh2LQFiOxI/unsubscribe.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
> qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20181102161712.5hwxd7mngqc4luyr%40thirdeyesecurity.org
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CAOugA3o3p4zxu6ed5iQ-U9DO8ov0ZxKK8fmU3Cm6FxHUY9kWiA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Qubes User Forum

2018-11-02 Thread 'Raffaele Florio' via qubes-users
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA256

Hi Zrubi,
I was pretty busy during these days. However I've just tried to register myself 
through the "password reset". However the forum alert me about "E-mail address 
not found in database", probably because the mailing-list bug.
Furthermore I've just tried to reset the password of 
"qubes-u...@googlegroups.com". As I suspected an email popped up publicly in 
the mailing list. Furthermore the reset link wasn't opened by me, but 
automatically by "something". Now I cannot investigate.

Best Regards,
Raffaele.
-BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
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=KZVr
-END PGP SIGNATURE-

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/TmlVZ8OeGOkI0m0_-_MscQgGrSdUlTgGD91f2vhTvsEFqCNRuNgwJpdOpnGWv_enyELbYqjYwMBSvNfgA73smmYUZTIWGp-wdLl9-9q89nk%3D%40protonmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Reset Password

2018-11-02 Thread admin
Hello,

As requested, your login information appears below:

Login: qubes-users
Password: 38f2983a

Please note that your password has been reset to the value above. If you wish
to change your password you may do so via the user info control panel at:
https://qubes-os.info/index.php?t=register



If you received this message in error, please ignore it. If you are receiving 
multiple copies of this e-mail, which you have not requested, please contact 
the forum administrator at ad...@qubes-os.info

This request was initiated from: 2600:1f14:b62:9e02:9d4a:20d6:9d4b:cd07.


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/0E6Ntp-1gPH9B3zQ0-00BB2u%40infong-us27.perfora.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Costum qubes order in QVM

2018-11-02 Thread unman
On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 12:06:17PM -0400, birdynam wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> there are already plenty of choices. Any of the columns acts as a sort
> filter.
> I just discovered it ;-)
> 
> Birdy.
> 
> 
And you can reverse the order by clicking on the header again.
But op wanted a custom order, and that isn't currently supported.
Another nice feature that's been mentioned would be grouping qubes under
collapsible headers. Some way off, I suspect, unless someone wants to
pick that up?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20181102162132.bp5hh6w7jfgwk4yp%40thirdeyesecurity.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes 3.2: No Internet Connection, neither with Wi-Fi, neither with Ethernet. HELP PLEASE!

2018-11-02 Thread unman
On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 07:43:00AM -0700, lifestyle wrote:
> On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 10:33:04 AM UTC-4, unman wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 05:53:15AM -0700, 56lmil...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:41:36 PM UTC-4, helpp...@vfemail.net wrote:
> > > > THIS CONCERNS QUBES 3.2 (latest update, downloaded from the website 3  
> > > > days ago).
> > > 
> > > No Network Connection: Qubes Os 4.0 - HP z230 desktop
> > > hello everyone, there is really not much help on this os version. I need 
> > > some assistance please.  As i have read this persons post that loves 
> > > (!!!) i have been able to see a few things that has helped.  
> > > 
> > > With my desktop, sys-net has no connection and does see the nic.  When I 
> > > open the network connection dialog, i'm asked to add connection. when I 
> > > select add, choose either.  the next page is fully grayed out, can't 
> > > select anything.  there are no errors that come up when booted.  
> > > 

> > > I see that I can use a usb wifi stick. but with that said, i need to be 
> > > able to install a fix to get it to work.  is that a true statement?
> > > 
> > > assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
> > > 
> > 
> > Nothing like a bit of necrophilia.
> > 
> > The fact that sys-net does not see the NIC suggests that you are missing
> > some drivers. Review the boot log in sys-net, and you may see the
> > problem.
> > 
> > What card do you have in there? I cant see the spec from the HP site.
> > You could try changing the temaplet for sys-net to Debian instead of
> > Fedora, and see if the right drivers are loaded.
> > 
> > I',m not sure what you mean bu "install a fix" - if you use a supported
> > wifi stick, then it should load without further trouble. If you need
> > further drivers for that, then yes, you will need to install them.
> > If you do need drivers then you will have to download them on a
> > different machine or using alive disk.
> 
> hello and thank you for the response.  i apologize, i meant sysnet sees the 
> nic device.  the nic is intel(r) i217-LM
> 
> What you mention about the usb wifi stick loading with out trouble makes 
> sense.  I will check the sys-net log.  
> 
> most of the support I have seen is mainly for os verion 3.2.  I seen someone 
> mention that if you use a usb wifi stick that you had to build a cube for it 
> and set a passthrough for it. 
> 

Hello

Check the logs in sys-net, as you say. Post back with any problems that
you see there.
Try using a Debian based sys-net, and see if that helps.

As to use of wifi, this will depend on whether you have a USBqube set up
(sys-usb), and what ports/connectors you have available.
If you have multiple connectors, then you can connect 1 directly to
sys-net, and the rest to sys-usb. If you only have 1, then you will have
to try USB pass-through. That isnt difficult but again, check the lists
for reports of problems with particular devices.

best of luck

unman

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20181102161712.5hwxd7mngqc4luyr%40thirdeyesecurity.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Costum qubes order in QVM

2018-11-02 Thread birdynam
Hi,

there are already plenty of choices. Any of the columns acts as a sort
filter.
I just discovered it ;-)

Birdy.




-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/c0565d74-e758-68b3-8099-a0b610f04cd6%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes 3.2: No Internet Connection, neither with Wi-Fi, neither with Ethernet. HELP PLEASE!

2018-11-02 Thread lifestyle
On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 10:33:04 AM UTC-4, unman wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 05:53:15AM -0700, 56lmil...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:41:36 PM UTC-4, helpp...@vfemail.net wrote:
> > > THIS CONCERNS QUBES 3.2 (latest update, downloaded from the website 3  
> > > days ago).
> > 
> > No Network Connection: Qubes Os 4.0 - HP z230 desktop
> > hello everyone, there is really not much help on this os version. I need 
> > some assistance please.  As i have read this persons post that loves (!!!) 
> > i have been able to see a few things that has helped.  
> > 
> > With my desktop, sys-net has no connection and does see the nic.  When I 
> > open the network connection dialog, i'm asked to add connection. when I 
> > select add, choose either.  the next page is fully grayed out, can't select 
> > anything.  there are no errors that come up when booted.  
> > 
> > I see that I can use a usb wifi stick. but with that said, i need to be 
> > able to install a fix to get it to work.  is that a true statement?
> > 
> > assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
> > 
> 
> Nothing like a bit of necrophilia.
> 
> The fact that sys-net does not see the NIC suggests that you are missing
> some drivers. Review the boot log in sys-net, and you may see the
> problem.
> 
> What card do you have in there? I cant see the spec from the HP site.
> You could try changing the temaplet for sys-net to Debian instead of
> Fedora, and see if the right drivers are loaded.
> 
> I',m not sure what you mean bu "install a fix" - if you use a supported
> wifi stick, then it should load without further trouble. If you need
> further drivers for that, then yes, you will need to install them.
> If you do need drivers then you will have to download them on a
> different machine or using alive disk.

hello and thank you for the response.  i apologize, i meant sysnet sees the nic 
device.  the nic is intel(r) i217-LM

What you mention about the usb wifi stick loading with out trouble makes sense. 
 I will check the sys-net log.  

most of the support I have seen is mainly for os verion 3.2.  I seen someone 
mention that if you use a usb wifi stick that you had to build a cube for it 
and set a passthrough for it. 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/cc3b29ce-3c18-4f4c-aa50-b30ff4f9f0d4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes 3.2: No Internet Connection, neither with Wi-Fi, neither with Ethernet. HELP PLEASE!

2018-11-02 Thread unman
On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 05:53:15AM -0700, 56lmil...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:41:36 PM UTC-4, helpp...@vfemail.net wrote:
> > THIS CONCERNS QUBES 3.2 (latest update, downloaded from the website 3  
> > days ago).
> 
> No Network Connection: Qubes Os 4.0 - HP z230 desktop
> hello everyone, there is really not much help on this os version. I need some 
> assistance please.  As i have read this persons post that loves (!!!) i have 
> been able to see a few things that has helped.  
> 
> With my desktop, sys-net has no connection and does see the nic.  When I open 
> the network connection dialog, i'm asked to add connection. when I select 
> add, choose either.  the next page is fully grayed out, can't select 
> anything.  there are no errors that come up when booted.  
> 
> I see that I can use a usb wifi stick. but with that said, i need to be able 
> to install a fix to get it to work.  is that a true statement?
> 
> assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
> 

Nothing like a bit of necrophilia.

The fact that sys-net does not see the NIC suggests that you are missing
some drivers. Review the boot log in sys-net, and you may see the
problem.

What card do you have in there? I cant see the spec from the HP site.
You could try changing the temaplet for sys-net to Debian instead of
Fedora, and see if the right drivers are loaded.

I',m not sure what you mean bu "install a fix" - if you use a supported
wifi stick, then it should load without further trouble. If you need
further drivers for that, then yes, you will need to install them.
If you do need drivers then you will have to download them on a
different machine or using alive disk.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20181102143221.mf4fr37wshcife5s%40thirdeyesecurity.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Costum qubes order in QVM

2018-11-02 Thread pieter lems
Thanks for the quick response. I will certainly look into it and keep you
guys up to date. :)

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018, 3:17 PM unman  wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 02:20:26PM +0100, pieter lems wrote:
> > How does one costumize the order in wich the qubes are displayed. I would
> > like to have a more well-aranged order for simplisity.
> > Thanks in advance
>
> There arent options for doing this: partly because people's ideas about
> what would constitute "a more well-aranged order "
> If you want the ability to move rows about in the Manager, you will need
> to adapt the code in
> /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesmanager to accomodate this.
> If you decide to pursue this please consider feeding back to github so
> that others can have this feature to.
>
> unman
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "qubes-users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20181102141749.zlz43otz3dglgrvq%40thirdeyesecurity.org
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CAK8vAnUAXTJhh0rMPZwtBUeggXiaq4oKp7nfpvBxrM7Ke8vQ7A%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Costum qubes order in QVM

2018-11-02 Thread unman
On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 02:20:26PM +0100, pieter lems wrote:
> How does one costumize the order in wich the qubes are displayed. I would
> like to have a more well-aranged order for simplisity.
> Thanks in advance

There arent options for doing this: partly because people's ideas about
what would constitute "a more well-aranged order "
If you want the ability to move rows about in the Manager, you will need
to adapt the code in
/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesmanager to accomodate this. 
If you decide to pursue this please consider feeding back to github so
that others can have this feature to.

unman

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20181102141749.zlz43otz3dglgrvq%40thirdeyesecurity.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Costum qubes order in QVM

2018-11-02 Thread pieter lems
How does one costumize the order in wich the qubes are displayed. I would
like to have a more well-aranged order for simplisity.
Thanks in advance

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CAK8vAnV5rDifZjGO5s%2BQK92WyMRDdPN3BcVO1Oc7O%3DGV9AnjtQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: Qubes 3.2: No Internet Connection, neither with Wi-Fi, neither with Ethernet. HELP PLEASE!

2018-11-02 Thread 56lmiller
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:41:36 PM UTC-4, helpp...@vfemail.net wrote:
> THIS CONCERNS QUBES 3.2 (latest update, downloaded from the website 3  
> days ago).

No Network Connection: Qubes Os 4.0 - HP z230 desktop
hello everyone, there is really not much help on this os version. I need some 
assistance please.  As i have read this persons post that loves (!!!) i have 
been able to see a few things that has helped.  

With my desktop, sys-net has no connection and does see the nic.  When I open 
the network connection dialog, i'm asked to add connection. when I select add, 
choose either.  the next page is fully grayed out, can't select anything.  
there are no errors that come up when booted.  

I see that I can use a usb wifi stick. but with that said, i need to be able to 
install a fix to get it to work.  is that a true statement?

assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/1c08560d-bc9b-4708-b707-b3cc0387ee12%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Swap/remove second network card => no network at all?

2018-11-02 Thread 'Bjoern Christoph' via qubes-users
Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2018 13:32:33 UTC+1 schrieb awokd:
> 'Bjoern Christoph' via qubes-users wrote on 10/26/18 5:14 PM:
> > I've got two network cards in my workstation.
> > 
> > Now I removed the unneeded network card, start Qubes --> no network at all?
> > 
> > I place the network card back in it's original slot, start Qubes --> 
> > network is back!
> > 
> > I move the card to a different slot --> no network again?
> > 
> > I assume this has something to do with the BDF which then prevents some 
> > script/code from running - but this is pretty annoying to be honest. I was 
> > not able to find any information on where this relationship is stored or 
> > how to change/remove it.
> > 
> > It would be great if Qubes could/would keep track of the PCI ID/BDF 
> > relation and if cards have been moved to a different BDF then adjust that 
> > internally to prevent this problem from happening.
> > 
> > And for now - how do I solve this?
> 
> You're right, it's probably renumbering the cards. On sys-net, go to 
> Qube Settings/Devices and re-add your NIC.

Thank you, that helped :)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/fe364081-878a-4af4-883b-c5f7ffd80fc9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: Boot failure after update / boot loop

2018-11-02 Thread 56lmiller
On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 11:15:37 AM UTC-4, Alchemist wrote:
> So i just installed 4.0 and updated it, after I ran the update I rebooted. 
> 
> I'm no longer able to boot into qubes, even using refid, I can see the EFI 
> boot string but it just shuts down the machine.



Hello, Question on if you go this too work?  I see two bugs with qubes 4.0. 
Kernel issues and network connection issues. truly a pain. 

anyway, my laptop that I installed 4.0 on fails as you state, my tells me at 
the boot load the kernel fails to load.  i have the 4.18.dontwork.  from what I 
read here, it seems to do the install over to be able to change the kernel?  if 
you had success in this can you let me know please. thank you.  I will be 
posting in another about network connection as long as i find it. lol

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/76560981-179f-4336-9d64-5db3e754ded0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Running a single appVM off another volume

2018-11-02 Thread Achim Patzner
Hi!

Is there an easier way of storing a single VM on an external device
(assume it to be an USB conneted medium) without doing elaborate dances
around it or having to backup and restore? One of our customers got the
bright idea to store a VM containing their CA on an USB flash and
connecting it to "an appropriate machine" (Yes! "Appropriate! Imagine
the fun I'm having *now*) for key signing ("Guys, have you ever heard
of a device called HSM?" "No, and please don't tell us.").

$appropriate was considered to be VMware without a virtual network
interface, running the machine off a USB flash. Securely stored on a
hook besides the door, "because if it is physically disconected it is
safe".

Ok, may not be TAILS (because that's used by criminals) but using Qubes
is an option. Getting off the VM-on-external-media-only trip not. Is it
possible to get these guys on Qubes without "changing the documented
process"?


Achim


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/30149d2008d3ee42cd7ebfc798a3a1772c071d35.camel%40noses.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] gnome-control-center in Fedora > 27

2018-11-02 Thread Achim Patzner
Hi!

Finally having updated the fedora-26 template to something more recent
I'm hit by the side effects of not having a full GNOME running there.
One of them is the gnome-control-center not doing its job as it needs
to be started with

env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center

As certain other abgnominations are launching it directly the
modification ot the .desktop files seems the best way to go:

grep -l "Exec=gnome-control-center" /usr/share/applications/* |  xargs
-n 1 sed 's/Exec=gnome-control-center/Exec=env
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center/g' -i

(I'm of course not responsible for this turning your system into a
toad...)


Achim

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/4694a5045a0bd828a77e0646daff852d137ac820.camel%40noses.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Razor Blade 15

2018-11-02 Thread claudash28
Has anyone sampled the new super machine razor blade 15 with qubes 4.0?
What were your barriers? can you get close to getting full use out of the 
laptop with qubes?

I have already checked the hardware-compatability list and there's no input 
yet. So chancing it here =)

Thanks

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/5ca3f578-f2db-4e8b-ad25-079a4a10b08b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.