[qubes-users] Re: Qubes 3.2 install problem: Encryption requested for LUKS device sda2 but no encryption key specified

2017-07-09 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu piątek, 7 lipca 2017 19:27:09 UTC+2 użytkownik Pawel Debski napisał:
> Folks,
> 
> I'm trying to install Qubes 3.2. It falls-back to the text mode and when 
> choosing LVM I get:
> 
> autopart failed
> Encryption requested for LUKS device sda2 but no encryption key specified for 
> this device
> 
> how do I specify the encryption key?

This is to inform you that Qubes-DVD-x86_64-20170706 behaves exactly the same 
way. Apparently there is something wrong with the installer that prevents 
installation on non-standard hardware.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/d01c6d58-8c7c-4ab3-b39f-be2e91c5301a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Qubes 3.2 install problem: Encryption requested for LUKS device sda2 but no encryption key specified

2017-07-07 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks,

I'm trying to install Qubes 3.2. It falls-back to the text mode and when 
choosing LVM I get:

autopart failed
Encryption requested for LUKS device sda2 but no encryption key specified for 
this device

how do I specify the encryption key?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/47b97399-d0c1-4420-b3a6-039c8bf4c0e4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: Setting up regular bitcoin donation / buying support case?

2017-06-23 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu środa, 21 czerwca 2017 12:47:17 UTC+2 użytkownik Vincent Adultman 
napisał:
> Hi all
> 
> 
> 
> Over on https://www.qubes-os.org/donate/ I see I can setup a donation one of 
> two ways, Bitcoin and via Open Collective, however 14% for the latter seems a 
> hell of a donation overhead. As such, I'd like to use Bitcoin but have no 
> idea how. While I realise there are probably many idiots guides, I wonder if 
> this is a common feeling of people that visit the donate page.
> 
> 
> 
> I'm happy to muddle through setting up a recurring bitcoin donation and then 
> contribute a guide (I currently have nothing else for which I would use 
> bitcoin) if this would be helpful, but also wonder if someone has some notes 
> stuffed away in a gist or similar somewhere?
> 
> 
> 
> On a related point, I've not been keeping up on all the ways you guys are 
> seeking funding, but I believe selling individual support licenses for those 
> who wished to purchase them was decided to be not worth the revenue it would 
> generate vs effort, is this still the case? I use Qubes as my daily driver 
> and cannot get any of the 4.x series kernels to work on my laptop, so am 
> behind on this element of security updates. I take it I can't purchase a 
> support case from ITL at the current point in time?
> 
> 
> 
> Vin

Yep, setting-up a bitcoin wallet & exchage plus high commisions on other 
channels kept me from donating. Plus the donation is terrible tax pain for 
enterpreneurs in PL. The easiest would be to receive a monthly EU VAT invoice 
for "Software development" and SEPA bank transfer.

How does it look from your side dear Qubes team?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/9d15acfb-ebf4-45b9-b6bf-7ba66b20e4d1%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Audio CD via USB drive

2017-02-11 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu wtorek, 7 lutego 2017 12:08:56 UTC+1 użytkownik 
timo.ve...@googlemail.com napisał:
> I tried it already with the same result. 
> 
> Is there no way to prevent Qubes from exposing a block device?

This is a known problem in Qubes. I had similiar problem with data CDs with no 
solution. Gave up.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/28276105-9173-4cde-ba07-79d6ecc67786%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Trouble reading data CD under Qubes

2017-01-05 Thread Pawel Debski



How do I check whether it is really mounted in dom0?
(I think it is not, but maybe I'm doing something wrong


notification bubble should pop up on the screen.  I think its usually sr0 or 
something.

What would be the right command in Konsole?


Z powazaniem / Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations
Pawel Debski

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/e9ea3426-7ae8-2e08-b236-073537b1781b%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] [solved] installing vlc media player in FC24 template vm

2017-01-03 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks, I've just had a small fight to install vlc. Here is what solved my issue:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/a/333775/189220
(rpmfusion was installed, but not enabled so dependencies had been being not 
resolved)

PD

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/196b3a10-d870-42d3-8126-32c1e61d8f51%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Increase user space (/home/user) in personal VM / understanding Qubes filesystems

2017-01-01 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu niedziela, 1 stycznia 2017 16:35:59 UTC+1 użytkownik Andrew David Wong 
napisał:
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
> Hash: SHA512
> 
> On 2017-01-01 07:31, Pawel Debski wrote:
> > Folks,
> > 
> > when I run out of space, how do I increase /home filesystem in my personal 
> > domain?
> > 
> > Best regards
> > PD
> > 
> 
> Qubes VM Manager -> Select VM -> VM Settings -> Increase "Private storage 
> max. size" -> OK
> 
> - -- 
> Andrew David Wong (Axon)
> Community Manager, Qubes OS
> https://www.qubes-os.org
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
> 
> iQIcBAEBCgAGBQJYaSHVAAoJENtN07w5UDAwBxMP/R/RAyNhyeenLFTzvgVi5Dru
> 71luvDtJiS64QHy8XSlTIE8zRNZTxMfEJ0pvGO4qy3syyCiwhba1qGxBLt2hwEmf
> 3w+295SxbaW19ZhN1X1aYw9ho8mPjayIZ23kOgHSP3OpV2Gvnl3Xe4XQjCziud0N
> vmDgBeyKr/Kn6eqUp8OtBA6dDpIf4v89idPpRtbKPB8ltQaKpg7rZtnEJaLmBQPP
> /OEt5AdALbrozFJTqQro/8YGm2RC6iLG3wgQhBGNgeMoLcEz/3CjOKIZHlNUyx3J
> HuNVBlYfCQ9I80Xj8Yxxei07a29NBkUlMbRwl/Vf4eue+IxiPVIsDwsqbYKq2GvQ
> W7qMFprZkFatl5SJiVRtc7zMGkPoNc0lcpwauT6CPh7Z65qui2F7yo7XTr8wNGZm
> D1aVDky0nTtt8hfc6KyCMNxpwvIE8fSkLY9qhFPFLlPZhAzfa+D9vx/xe+aijXmo
> lr7BXnvKOq8m91AL8SqBIDBW+bAkQArdd8ySsPRYdT0OuEuZh1ywQGakBEEaqipZ
> as6wxBCnRK3o+yiCzbuetY2rV/+nj+Qdsc+6hO/2O9E65n0RH6LOP4aVL+2AC0QC
> nNjTTO2zhlWQnvVoOxB4VLiRs7GkwBAZQ7sFLgHYWGpsNu6ZOsky85OLsR1bWwiI
> /6YLLVbeBoCtTglZ+CfZ
> =EDB8
> -END PGP SIGNATURE-

Thanks Andrew,

that's what I exactly did and it works. However could you please either point 
me to the docs or explain how /home actually works.

What I usually do on other distros (physical install) is that I have a separate 
filesystem mounted on /home.

On Qubes however, when I do:

[user@fedora-usb ~]$ df
Filesystem 1K-blocksUsed Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/dmroot  10190136 5834236   3815228  61% /
/dev/xvdd 388480  152867215133  42% 
/usr/lib/modules/4.4.31-11.pvops.qubes.x86_64
devtmpfs  177280   0177280   0% /dev
tmpfs1048576 364   1048212   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs 184212 848183364   1% /run
tmpfs 184212   0184212   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs1048576  12   1048564   1% /tmp
/dev/xvdb4062912  584324   3462204  15% /rw
tmpfs  36844  20 36824   1% /run/user/1000

which one is actually /home filesystem?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/d75e5cba-4417-4474-ae27-be309e0015de%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Increase user space (/home/user) in personal VM

2017-01-01 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks,

when I run out of space, how do I increase /home filesystem in my personal 
domain?

Best regards
PD

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/aee4982f-99c0-4da8-ac3f-a2c23800e427%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Trouble reading data CD under Qubes

2016-12-31 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu niedziela, 4 grudnia 2016 00:48:36 UTC+1 użytkownik Marek 
Marczykowski-Górecki napisał:
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
> Hash: SHA256
> 
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 03:21:48AM -0800, Pawel Debski wrote:
> > Folks,
> > 
> > I have a PC with two SATA controllers: primary master holds my SDD with 
> > Qubes, while secondary master has CD drive attached.
> > 
> > When I insert a data CD it gets mounted by dom0 and the files are 
> > accessible. I do not want to open these files in dom0 however. So in the VM 
> > Manager I right click my favourite perssonal-full-sw appVM that I created 
> > previously and select:
> > 
> > Attach/detach block devices -> Attach dom0:sr0
> > 
> > and nothing happens. 
> > 
> > Even more: CD content is still visible in dom0 and /dev/sr0 is still 
> > mounted in /run/media/pdebski/CDTITLE
> > 
> > How can I better diagnose the problem?
> 
> I think the problem is you have it mounted in dom0. If unmount it there,
> it should just work.
> 
> - -- 
> Best Regards,
> Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
> Invisible Things Lab
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> -BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-
> Version: GnuPG v2
> 
> iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJYQ1nPAAoJENuP0xzK19cs7dkH/3tixTrrQAaozHR6A+J3Z/wX
> wqheJcIwYdGYxGYd4wKC2breqED7tuVertg771ZhwJsN+YOshLiPywfY13Xj52cV
> Yfr3JYLkSFyhuE8PSQjQm5Zzovhm/PNOoMuBBsVm2l/afTv66iDedxpoisEGk2PO
> fc38ZaCVy5eXtE8cWuIqIUDXoVelD2Qlr2rxIBbewykCFqK0DgcxTUkh2qwrBlF3
> 7O1K1+hOmYkKFaOoM0lUoRuBUeG6Lh0hm+hHk0KlJuEW1uPzV/6SfWgZO2bu13UR
> 6x5LiXSMIxLzLnGyzzx0uMVhOAuWoNJeVPwm4AEi5AIsXyTek+LyU8F4WZVbF/k=
> =/m+X
> -END PGP SIGNATURE-

How do I check whether it is really mounted in dom0?
(I think it is not, but maybe I'm doing something wrong)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/005eec90-f573-4ee3-aa70-d3ec34c7b8f5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Nice publicity of Qubes

2016-12-12 Thread Pawel Debski

Not sure if it already has been posted:

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/12/surveillance-self-defense-against-the-trump-administration/

skip the political stuff and scroll down to the Qubes section for big 
"wow" effect :-)



--

Z powazaniem / Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations
Pawel Debski

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/0db50970-b4c8-35ac-5269-a9717129d546%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] I2P and/or I2PBerry as an netowrking qube

2016-12-03 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks,

did anyone of you tried I2P as a gateway instead of sys-net qube to route all 
traffic from certain AppVMs?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/7c09d87e-9b20-41e7-85b8-b2d767b52399%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: Trouble reading data CD under Qubes

2016-12-03 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu sobota, 3 grudnia 2016 12:53:02 UTC+1 użytkownik Grzesiek Chodzicki 
napisał:
> W dniu sobota, 3 grudnia 2016 12:21:49 UTC+1 użytkownik Pawel Debski napisał:
> > Folks,
> > 
> > I have a PC with two SATA controllers: primary master holds my SDD with 
> > Qubes, while secondary master has CD drive attached.
> > 
> > When I insert a data CD it gets mounted by dom0 and the files are 
> > accessible. I do not want to open these files in dom0 however. So in the VM 
> > Manager I right click my favourite perssonal-full-sw appVM that I created 
> > previously and select:
> > 
> > Attach/detach block devices -> Attach dom0:sr0
> > 
> > and nothing happens. 
> > 
> > Even more: CD content is still visible in dom0 and /dev/sr0 is still 
> > mounted in /run/media/pdebski/CDTITLE
> > 
> > How can I better diagnose the problem?
> 
> Try using qvm-block -l and then attach the device using qvm-block. If that 
> fails, you can attach the entire sata controller (and not just the drive)

Here is the progress:

(in dom0)
qvm-block -l
dom0:sr0 ... attached to fedora-full-sw as xvdi

now in fedora-full-sw Konsole I need

[user@fedora-usb ~]$ su - root
[root@fedora-usb ~]# mkdir CD
[root@fedora-usb ~]# mount /dev/xvdi CD
[root@fedora-usb ~]# df
Filesystem 1K-blocksUsed Available Use% Mounted on
...
/dev/xvdi   80388038 0 100% /root/CD

and voilà, I can read the files.

HOWEVER: can you imagine a normal user doing this?
(I can't, she/he would kill me with his laughter ;-)

How can I make Fedora read the CD and mount it automagically so all is visible 
in AppVM File Manager just after inserting CD?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/7f58ba9e-f8fd-4da6-8ab5-3cf321cc85c3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] qvm-block man page inconsistency

2016-12-03 Thread Pawel Debski
man qvm-block
...
qvm-block -a [options]  

while in fact it is 

qvm-block --help
...
qvm-block -a [options]  :

(same error with https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/dom0-tools/qvm-block/)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/d49fff5c-d4c4-4807-bf69-8b823dbd32a0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Trouble reading data CD under Qubes

2016-12-03 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks,

I have a PC with two SATA controllers: primary master holds my SDD with Qubes, 
while secondary master has CD drive attached.

When I insert a data CD it gets mounted by dom0 and the files are accessible. I 
do not want to open these files in dom0 however. So in the VM Manager I right 
click my favourite perssonal-full-sw appVM that I created previously and select:

Attach/detach block devices -> Attach dom0:sr0

and nothing happens. 

Even more: CD content is still visible in dom0 and /dev/sr0 is still mounted in 
/run/media/pdebski/CDTITLE

How can I better diagnose the problem?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/7acd0cd7-e5ec-4d80-afd0-ec0dbbc4b2e9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Creating USB qube: PCI device in use by driver xenlight

2016-11-27 Thread Pawel Debski

Great, tx.

Wiadomość została wysłana przy pomocy AquaMail dla systemu Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com


Dnia 26 listopada 2016 23:29:39 Grzesiek Chodzicki 
<grzegorz.chodzi...@gmail.com> napisał(a):


W dniu sobota, 26 listopada 2016 19:52:39 UTC+1 użytkownik Pawel Debski 
napisał:
W dniu sobota, 26 listopada 2016 18:56:49 UTC+1 użytkownik Grzesiek 
Chodzicki napisał:
> W dniu sobota, 26 listopada 2016 18:53:26 UTC+1 użytkownik Pawel Debski 
napisał:

> > Folks,
> >
> > I'm trying to create a VM that will handle all USB devices that are or 
may be connected to the machine.

> >
> > 1. I have created a new AppVM based on fedora-24-full-sw template.
> >
> > 2. fedora-24-full-sw template is a copy of Fedora 24 template with all 
sorts of additional software installed, for example for Bluetooth handling, 
3G modem, finger print reader, camera, flash card reader and so on.

> >
> > 3. I have assigned an USB controller to the newly created AppVM and 
switched-off memory balancing in the options as recommended by the message 
on "Advanced" tab.

> >
> > 4. When I'm trying to start the VM I'm getting the following message:
> > "PCI device in use by driver xenlight"
> >
> > Please note that at the moment only one single USB bus is assigned to 
this VM.

> > Without any assigned devices this VM starts properly.
> >
> > What shall I do to make it work with USB bus?
> >
> > Best regards
> > PD
>
> put following command in dom0 terminal: qvm-prefs -s vmname 
pci_strictreset false


Tx Greg, that works.

Can we briefly discuss how much does it lower the security of the 
workstation. I mean: does it really allow to plug-in fabricated USB device 
to install keylogger to obtain credentials to highly sensitive applications 
running in other qube (say VaultVM).


What other potential attack scenaria does it open?
(assuming that one is interested only to protect VaultVM transient content)


If the device is assigned to one vm only at all times then it doesn't lower 
security afaik. PCI strict reset is used to reset the device's state when 
moving the device between machines. If the device is not moved between 
machines then it shouldn't matter.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the 
Google Groups "qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/qubes-users/livE9VYBvUI/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to 
qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/c965fe62-57f0-4dc1-ad5a-ba3108df6b15%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/158a5a371f0.27bf.e8d9d2e9cd019a112d31c27ed70f495b%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Qubes AppVM full screen in a window

2016-11-26 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks,

How can I start AppVM to see all the boot messages and have it to have a 
separate desktop in a window just I like I am used to in VMWare or Virtual Box?

I mean I do not want the VM to grab the whole screen but rather have it in a 
separate window that from the VM point of view is the whole screen.

Best regards
PD

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/cc7251ee-fbe6-414d-9b2f-35ef80f397c4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: Creating USB qube: PCI device in use by driver xenlight

2016-11-26 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu sobota, 26 listopada 2016 18:56:49 UTC+1 użytkownik Grzesiek Chodzicki 
napisał:
> W dniu sobota, 26 listopada 2016 18:53:26 UTC+1 użytkownik Pawel Debski 
> napisał:
> > Folks,
> > 
> > I'm trying to create a VM that will handle all USB devices that are or may 
> > be connected to the machine.
> > 
> > 1. I have created a new AppVM based on fedora-24-full-sw template.
> > 
> > 2. fedora-24-full-sw template is a copy of Fedora 24 template with all 
> > sorts of additional software installed, for example for Bluetooth handling, 
> > 3G modem, finger print reader, camera, flash card reader and so on.
> > 
> > 3. I have assigned an USB controller to the newly created AppVM and 
> > switched-off memory balancing in the options as recommended by the message 
> > on "Advanced" tab.
> > 
> > 4. When I'm trying to start the VM I'm getting the following message:
> > "PCI device in use by driver xenlight"
> > 
> > Please note that at the moment only one single USB bus is assigned to this 
> > VM.
> > Without any assigned devices this VM starts properly.
> > 
> > What shall I do to make it work with USB bus?
> > 
> > Best regards
> > PD
> 
> put following command in dom0 terminal: qvm-prefs -s vmname pci_strictreset 
> false

Tx Greg, that works.

Can we briefly discuss how much does it lower the security of the workstation. 
I mean: does it really allow to plug-in fabricated USB device to install 
keylogger to obtain credentials to highly sensitive applications running in 
other qube (say VaultVM).

What other potential attack scenaria does it open?
(assuming that one is interested only to protect VaultVM transient content)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/c48ebb07-ed82-418d-9276-b5623e5bc815%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Creating USB qube: PCI device in use by driver xenlight

2016-11-26 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks,

I'm trying to create a VM that will handle all USB devices that are or may be 
connected to the machine.

1. I have created a new AppVM based on fedora-24-full-sw template.

2. fedora-24-full-sw template is a copy of Fedora 24 template with all sorts of 
additional software installed, for example for Bluetooth handling, 3G modem, 
finger print reader, camera, flash card reader and so on.

3. I have assigned an USB controller to the newly created AppVM and 
switched-off memory balancing in the options as recommended by the message on 
"Advanced" tab.

4. When I'm trying to start the VM I'm getting the following message:
"PCI device in use by driver xenlight"

Please note that at the moment only one single USB bus is assigned to this VM.
Without any assigned devices this VM starts properly.

What shall I do to make it work with USB bus?

Best regards
PD

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/f6372346-5253-42b4-bc93-70bf2b3f2339%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] How to check Qubes Debian TVM status?

2016-11-26 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu sobota, 26 listopada 2016 17:19:08 UTC+1 użytkownik yaqu napisał:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 06:40:07 -0800 (PST), Pawel Debski
> <pdeb...@econsulting.pl> wrote:
> 
> > Folks,
> > 
> > I am not familiar with Debian. What is the best way to check its
> > exact version
> 
> $ cat /etc/debian_version
> 
> > and installed Qubes packages?
> 
> Not sure if it's the best way, but:
> 
> $ dpkg -l|grep qubes
> 
> -- 
> yaqu

user@debian-8:~$ cat /etc/deb*ver*
8.6

is the newest version I guess, and for the Qubes mark I take:

ii  qubes-core-agent 3.2.10-1+deb8u1amd64

great, tx.
Not sure however what these two iis at the beginning of the line mean.

PD

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/4e023bea-3025-402a-b4cd-8f93315c777c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] How to check Qubes Debian TVM status?

2016-11-26 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks,

I am not familiar with Debian. What is the best way to check its exact version 
and installed Qubes packages?

Best regards
PD

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/048241d9-adec-4ef3-9e5d-f64019765588%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] How to check Fedora version of dom0?

2016-11-26 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu sobota, 26 listopada 2016 15:17:25 UTC+1 użytkownik Alex napisał:
> On 11/26/2016 03:13 PM, Pawel Debski wrote:
> > Folks,
> > 
> > I have already upgraded dom0 but update still fetches fc23 packages.
> > 
> > cat /etc/*redh* shows Qubes release 3.2 (R3.2)
> > 
> > How can I check the exact Fedora release in use for dom0?
> > 
> > Regards, PD
> dom0 uses fedora 23 as of now. Both /etc/fedora-release and
> /etc/redhat-release are customized for Qubes, because dom0 cannot be
> updated so lightheartedly.
> 
> The qubes packages for dom0 are only for fedora 20 (older releases) or
> fedora 23 (R3.2). Because of the Qubes security model there is no
> immediate reason to have a cutting-edge dom0. The problems may be with
> hardware support...
> 
> -- 
> Alex

Now I understand. Tx.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/01d5aefd-e9f2-4e61-b5b9-8724ff394fbd%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] How to check Fedora version of dom0?

2016-11-26 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks,

I have already upgraded dom0 but update still fetches fc23 packages.

cat /etc/*redh* shows Qubes release 3.2 (R3.2)

How can I check the exact Fedora release in use for dom0?

Regards,
PD

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/c302bb59-9e6c-4b80-a501-97c01de7d899%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes not shutting down

2016-11-24 Thread Pawel Debski
W dniu środa, 23 listopada 2016 00:34:09 UTC+1 użytkownik Drew White napisał:
> On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 13:41:30 UTC+11, Loren Rogers  wrote:
> > On 11/21/2016 06:24 PM, Drew White wrote:
> > > On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 06:04:43 UTC+11, Loren Rogers  wrote:
> > >> On 11/21/2016 11:04 AM, Loren Rogers wrote:
> > >>> On 11/21/2016 12:42 AM, Drew White wrote:
> >  On Sunday, 20 November 2016 04:56:03 UTC+11, Loren Rogers  wrote:
> > > Another correlation I've noticed is that my machine randomly shuts
> > > itself down without warning when I'm browsing in the Anon-Whonix VM. 
> > > It
> > > seems that simply having the Whonix browser open causes the problem.
> > > I've not been able to pin down an exact cause, but it seems to happen
> > > after about 5-20min. When this happens, the machine sometimes ends
> > > up in
> > > a hung state (black screen) at the end of the shutdown process.
> > >
> > > I've also noticed that the fan speeds up right at it starts to
> > > shutdown.
> > > (The screen turns to the Qubes logo with the progress bar, then the 
> > > fan
> > > cranks up.) Sometimes the bar makes it all the way to the end, other
> > > times it seems to simply crash to a hault. As I mentioned elsewhere,
> > > the
> > > Thinkpad X201t is known to have overheating issues, but I'm not sure 
> > > if
> > > this is related. I'm not working the machine particularly hard (just
> > > browsing articles on the web), and the hardware is not particularly 
> > > hot
> > > to the touch.
> >  When it gets to the qubes logo screen, press ESC to see what it's
> >  actually doing.
> > 
> >  If you wish to always know what it's doing, turn off rhgb and quiet
> >  in the boot config.
> > 
> >  Then you will see where the issue is.
> > >>> Thanks, I'll give that a shot next time it happens. I feel like it'll
> > >>> go by too quickly for me to see what's happening; does it also write
> > >>> its activity to a log somewhere?
> > >> I can now confirm that it's an over heating issue. When it went into the
> > >> automatic shutdown sequence, I pressed escape and managed to take note
> > >> of a few of the messages. One of the very first ones was something about
> > >> "thermal_zone_0 critical temperature reached: 128C", which I assume is
> > >> the cause. (This isn't an exact quote, since I noted it from memory.)
> > >>
> > >> This raises some questions:
> > >> - What could be causing this overheating issue in Whonix?
> > >> - Is 128C a normal temperature for the safety shutdown to kick in?
> > >> - Does Qubes have a warning / alert system for potential overheat? (Like
> > >> low battery)
> > > It is a high temperature, but does it ONLY happen in Whonix?
> > > Or if you push the PC does it happen also?
> > > Have you tried limiting the threads Whonix can use?
> > >
> > > Sometimes CPUs have shutdown at 99 degrees.
> > > So 128 degrees is a bit high in my own opinion.
> > >
> > > I recommend you check the CPU Fan and heatsinks (if it has them).
> > 
> > Thanks for the input - I just dusted out the fan, and we'll see if it 
> > helps. It wasn't too bad, but we'll see if there's an improvement.
> > 
> > No, it also randomly goes into auto-shutdown when backing up VMs. 
> > However, that happens about 20% of the time. Whonix seems to do it about 
> > 80% of the time, the other 20% I figure I shut it down before it does so 
> > on its own. I figure there may be something in the Whonix VM that's 
> > causing my processor to over work itself. The auto-shutdowns may be 
> > ultimately linked to dust in the fan or something like that, but if 
> > there's something processor intensive in Whonix, it may be worth looking 
> > into.
> > 
> > Also, a heat warning message would be nice. I assume the thresholds are 
> > set via the bios - is there a standard way of monitoring this? (I'm not 
> > particularly well versed in this sort of thing.)
> 
> 
> 
> I recommend you get your HDD checked, and your RAM.
> 
> Test both thoroughly.
> Could be some bad sectors.
> Also run a smartd check.
> 
> Some PCs have system diagnostics built in for RAM in the startup sequence.

Thinkpads have known problem that after long time of usage GPU radiator glued 
to the chip goes loose and X201 is rather older model. Not sure how to measure 
GPU temp but if this is the case you can improve it yourself with superglue & 
silver smear or any repair shop around shall do it for a few coppers.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/d0a91d23-f62b-426f-a143-c9850c4d5161%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit 

Re: [qubes-users] Can't update dom0?

2016-11-21 Thread Pawel Debski
> 
> On 2016-11-16 12:10, Loren Rogers wrote:
> > I can't seem to update dom0 using the regular updater. The system keeps 
> > telling me there are updates for dom0, but I can't get anything to actually 
> > update. Is there something I'm missing here?
> > 
> > Clicking the "Update VM System" button with dom0 selected seems like it 
> > starts, but it doesn't really go anywhere. I attached a screenshot of the 
> > system after it gets going. Eventually, it'll just silently crash. I can 
> > re-start the process, but it does the exact same thing.
> > 
> > I'm using R3.2 on a Thinkpad X201 Tablet.
> > 
> > Thanks!
> > Loren
> > 
> 
> Are you sure it's crashing instead of simply not finding any updates? There's 
> a known issue with the update notification icon showing even when no updates 
> are available:
> 
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2086
> 

I had a very similar issue: right clicking updates run for a while and shown 
"no updates available", while

sudo qubes-dom0-update 

installed a number of updates. Apparently there is a bug in GUI. Anyway I can 
live with it.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/2a9524b2-c3aa-458d-9a1d-3787eee0ec41%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] How to block template vm? (prevent it from starting)

2016-11-19 Thread Pawel Debski
Folks,

is it possible to somehow block a TemplateVM and all VMs based on this template?

I.e. whenever some app would be started in any VM involving this template I'd 
like to get an error messages or at least have the operation fail silently 
instead of having Qubes start the VM.

Best regards
PD

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/04641d0d-0a9c-478f-a909-ef1ecac937b9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Trouble upgrading template VMs FC23 -> FC24

2016-11-17 Thread Pawel Debski

seek, and ye shall find

I was also thinking about std Fedora dnf upgrade plugin 
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_system_upgrade), but the Qubes 
instruction better explains the intricacies of Qubes environment.


Many thanks.

Z powazaniem / Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations
Pawel Debski

On 2016-11-17 16:01, yaqu wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 05:16:12 -0800 (PST), Pawel Debski
<pdeb...@econsulting.pl> wrote:


I have upgraded dom0 as described in
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/upgrade-to-r3.2/ and than executed:

sudo dnf install --refresh qubes-upgrade-vm
sudo dnf upgrade --refresh
sudo dnf install qubes-mgmt-salt-vm-connector

apparently everything went ok, however the template vm still is in
version FC3:

You have just upgraded your template to Qubes 3.2, not to Fedora 23.


What shall I do to actually upgrade it to FC24?

Now follow this instruction:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/fedora-template-upgrade-23/



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/04c22854-1a60-e3e9-2f29-a088efc0b09a%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Trouble upgrading template VMs FC23 -> FC24

2016-11-17 Thread Pawel Debski
I have upgraded dom0 as described in 
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/upgrade-to-r3.2/ and than executed:

sudo dnf install --refresh qubes-upgrade-vm
sudo dnf upgrade --refresh
sudo dnf install qubes-mgmt-salt-vm-connector

apparently everything went ok, however the template vm still is in version FC3:

[user@personal ~]$ ls -l /etc/redh*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 Oct 20  2015 /etc/redhat-release -> fedora-release
[user@personal ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 23 (Twenty Three)
[user@personal ~]$ 

What shall I do to actually upgrade it to FC24?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/27ab3539-32be-4699-9cab-702682de580e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Is Qubes R3.2 still in testing branch?

2016-10-17 Thread Pawel Debski

On 2016-10-17 08:39, Andrew David Wong wrote:

-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-
Hash: SHA512

On 2016-10-16 22:51, Pawel Debski wrote:

On 2016-10-16 23:22, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 08:21:17PM +0200, Pawel Debski wrote:

Folks,

I'm planning R3.1 -> 3.2 upgrade and need explanation:

|sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes*testing --releasever=3.2
qubes-release|

why do I need to enable testing repo? I thought that R3.2 has already been
released as stable.

You're right, testing repo is no longer needed. Instruction fixed.

The thing is, that I was getting errors until I enabled testing repo. With 
--enablerepo=qubes*testing the upg went on.


What errors did you get?


About packages not existing in repo. As I've already run first stage of 
the upg with --enablerepo=qubes*testing the exact errors are hard to 
recollect. My assumption (perhaps wrong) was that the packages are still 
in testing repo.


Is there any log file I can paste the errors from?


Z powazaniem / Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations
Pawel Debski


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/c8cae1fe-a772-a5aa-544d-cc2260e1ed5d%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Is Qubes R3.2 still in testing branch?

2016-10-16 Thread Pawel Debski

On 2016-10-16 23:22, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 08:21:17PM +0200, Pawel Debski wrote:

Folks,

I'm planning R3.1 -> 3.2 upgrade and need explanation:

|sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes*testing --releasever=3.2
qubes-release|

why do I need to enable testing repo? I thought that R3.2 has already been
released as stable.

You're right, testing repo is no longer needed. Instruction fixed.


The thing is, that I was getting errors until I enabled testing repo. 
With --enablerepo=qubes*testing the upg went on.



Z powazaniem / Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations
Pawel Debski


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/4228d0c2-bb4c-ad67-5ba8-3b03aff64f0e%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Is Qubes R3.2 still in testing branch?

2016-10-16 Thread Pawel Debski

Folks,

I'm planning R3.1 -> 3.2 upgrade and need explanation:

|sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes*testing --releasever=3.2 
qubes-release|


why do I need to enable testing repo? I thought that R3.2 has already 
been released as stable.


Maybe I do not understand something. Please explain.

--

Z powazaniem / Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations
Pawel Debski

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/fa7d8385-eabe-e348-7956-068df57955e5%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [qubes-users] Qubes Windows 7 / 10

2016-09-20 Thread Pawel Debski


On 2016-09-20 18:27, entr0py wrote:

Pawel Debski:

W dniu niedziela, 18 września 2016 17:21:47 UTC+2 użytkownik ludwig jaffe 
napisał:

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 3:55:58 AM UTC-4, Pawel Debski wrote:

Folks,
 
I have Qubes 3.2 up, updated &

 running like a charm. Now the Microsoft challenge. The doc @
 https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-appvms/ instructs to use
 Windows 7. Do you suggest to stick with version 7 or go ahead to
 10 / 8?

   
 
--


   


 Z powazaniem / Best Regards

 Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations

 Pawel Debski

Hi I run windows10 w/o windows tools and I replace cut and paste with an editor 
to generate a file and then I ssh to the other machines.
Also files I can tar.gz and ssh.

Here it is good to install cygwin on the windows10, and
also you want to install classic shell and remove cortana, the spy.
I did this and it works

Now I have Windows 7 up and running, but I have some minor stability problems - 
I used testing version of Qubes Windows Tools as there was no stable version 
avaiable.

Did I do something wrong or indeed there is no stable version of Qubes Windows 
Tools?


There is no version of qubes-windows-tools in the stable repo. The latest 
testing version is 3.2.1-3 and the prior testing release series was 3.0.4-1.

After much testing with Windows 7 on Qubes R3.1, I was unable to get QWT 3.2 
working in a stable fashion. I don't want to lead you astray - this is very 
much YMMV. Everyone seems to have their own personalized experience with 
Windows on Qubes. I think part of the reason for this is that stability is also 
a function of which Windows updates are installed.

I downgraded to QWT 3.0 without PV disk drivers and now have a stable Win 7 
running MS Office with full inter-VM operability.

(Some of the BSODs received while running QWT 3.2:
RDR_FILE_SYSTEM
DRIVER_POWER_FAILURE
QUOTA_UNDERFLOW
BAD_POOL_HEADER
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
A device driver has pool.)




I fully understand what you say and what I achieved is satisfying from 
my point of view. However if I'm going to deploy a number of personal 
productivity workstation in a banking environment the ordinary user will 
kill my project when he looses his work because of minor unstability.


Z powazaniem / Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations
Pawel Debski


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/21c106df-f08a-17a0-4fe2-bbcdad695bcf%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Thunar archive plugin plus xarchiver, ark or something similar on Dom0

2016-09-17 Thread Pawel Debski

Folks,

usb storage devices get connected to Dom0 and I'm really lacking some 
convenient way to peek into various archives, zips, etc.


How would you suggest to install Thunar archive plugin plus Xarchiver or 
something similar?


Or is it a bad idea to add sw to Dom0 and/or review archives?

--

Z powazaniem / Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations
Pawel Debski

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/c5a1f1d0-ff22-1fce-2c13-1aa1136841af%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Qubes Windows 10?

2016-09-17 Thread Pawel Debski

Folks,

I have Qubes 3.2 up, updated & running like a charm. Now the Microsoft 
challenge. The doc @ https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-appvms/ 
instructs to use Windows 7. Do you suggest to stick with version 7 or go 
ahead to 10 / 8?


--

Z powazaniem / Best Regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Meilleures salutations
Pawel Debski

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/989b2610-e0c7-d35b-7424-45d1235f97b0%40econsulting.pl.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.