[qubes-users] Re: qvm-usb not functioning

2017-09-18 Thread Marke50
On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 10:36:18 PM UTC-4, Drew White wrote:
> On Friday, 15 September 2017 23:39:53 UTC+10, Marke50  wrote:
> > There should be better instructions and documentation on this and working 
> > with hardware within the vm's
> 
> I agree with you. But they do not really have decent documentation for Qubes 
> anywhere.
> 
> You ahve to get the basics then experiment.

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb/
Scroll to the bottom until you find "How to attach USB drives"

I just tried this today and it worked well 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/8e8431d1-65b7-4ce3-82bd-1fc3b01eed80%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: qvm-usb not functioning

2017-09-15 Thread Marke50
There should be better instructions and documentation on this and working with 
hardware within the vm's 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/634aebb3-b2c8-4800-ae1f-f3d3d81566e2%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Getting Flash Player to work

2017-09-10 Thread Marke50
I've
Running Qubes 3.2 and Fedora25 I've ran every command I can find but I can't 
get flash Player to work in Chromium or Firefox
 
So far everything works great in Qubes and getting flash player to work will 
help get me and my family off of Windows

thanks in advance 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/faca2a5e-393d-4e13-9fca-99e2780399f3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Restarting vm's /all

2017-09-07 Thread Marke50
When I run updates to fedora  I have to restart all the vm's that are running 
fedora obviously.  Is there a command that will restart all vm's in order or a 
script that I could run?

thanks 
 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/633de37d-de0f-4d9d-9cb8-5f15b54067c9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: Internet Connection Is Slow

2017-09-07 Thread Marke50
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 10:46:13 PM UTC-4, Person wrote:
> When I connect to a WiFi network, Qubes says I am connected, but websites 
> don't load at all. There is only a connecting sign for who knows how long. I 
> have no idea what to do because otherwise, Qubes is working fine.

When you say Qubes,  is this from a VM?  if so which NetVM is the VM associated 
with. 
 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/8d58f0e8-4c5c-47ca-9ff1-7188e7fccf01%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[qubes-users] Re: VM:ERROR: insufficient memory

2017-09-05 Thread Marke50
On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 9:19:31 PM UTC-4, Marke50 wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 8:31:55 PM UTC-4, cez...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Den onsdag den 6. september 2017 kl. 00.14.28 UTC skrev Mark Eubanks:
> > > On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 7:55:44 PM UTC-4, cez...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > > Den tirsdag den 5. september 2017 kl. 23.48.08 UTC skrev Mark Eubanks:
> > > > > On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 12:06:28 PM UTC-4, Mark Eubanks 
> > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > Can someone explain why I can start the work VM but when I start 
> > > > > > the personal I get the ERROR: insufficient mem .  Even though the 
> > > > > > memory settings are the same 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > thanks
> > > > > 
> > > > > I have 16 gig of ram but if I do a free -m it only shows a total of 
> > > > > 1058 
> > > > > used 364 free 26 . I'm not doing anything on any of the VM's its 
> > > > > pretty much a new install and I can't open the personal vm .Anyone 
> > > > > have any ideas
> > > > 
> > > > ah, you did this in Dom0 terminal right?
> > > > The reason is because Qubes attempts to automatically balance which 
> > > > AppVM gets more RAM than the other. If you right click on each AppVM in 
> > > > the Qubes Manager (Qubes 3.2), you can see the automatic memory setting 
> > > > under the Advanced tab, near the RAM amount fields. 
> > > > So since each AppVM gets their fair share of the RAM portion, Dom0 will 
> > > > have less memory for itself. This might change dynamically, for example 
> > > > if you run a lot of AppVM's, the amount of RAM Dom0 has may shrink. 
> > > > Wnile not many AppVM's are running, or after a fresh boot, Dom0 should 
> > > > have more memory. 
> > > > If you open the Qubes Manager in Qubes 3.2, you can see the allocated 
> > > > memory to Dom0 and each the VM's. If it isnt visible, then you can make 
> > > > it visible at the top in the "View" menu. 
> > > > 
> > > > Also note that automatic memory dyanamics does not work if a VM has a 
> > > > PCI card passed through. So if you have any with automatic memory 
> > > > dynamics disabled, be careful you don't give it too much of your RAM 
> > > > resources. 16GB is a good amount, but it can still quickly run you if 
> > > > you have the wrong settings, or run unusual memory hungry and intensive 
> > > > programs.
> > > 
> > > Yes, this was in Dom0 term 
> > > 
> > > I tried lowering the mem usage per vm and it seem to take care of the 
> > > problem but I rebooted and it was again not allowing any other vm's to 
> > > start other Dom0 mem shows 1092 mb sys-net shows 401 mb, sys-firewall 151 
> > > mb ( I lowered it) sys-whonix, 151 mb ( which I lowered it as well) which 
> > > comes no where close to 16 MEG
> > > What's a good number to run the vm's at for mem min and max ? I'm just 
> > > not sure whats taking up all the mem.
> > 
> > hmm odd, you shouldn't have memory issues with 16GB memory, unless you run 
> > something big, or way too many VM's.
> > 
> > Try run 
> > 'XL list'
> > in Dom0 terminal. 
> > 
> > Grab a calculator, add up the "Mem" sizes of all the running VM's, see if 
> > it adds up to 16GB. 
> > 
> > If it adds up, then you should be able to detect where your RAM is used in 
> > the 'xl list' as well.
> > 
> > Be careful with loweing the sys-firewall and sys-net memory though. Frankly 
> > I dont know if anything can happen, but I can't imagine it is a good thing 
> > if they run out of memory. It's probably better to keep them at the default 
> > values, just to be safe.
> 
> "btw Mark, I noticed it isn't the first time, but give it a day or two for 
> answers. While Qubes is getting more and more popular, there aren't too many 
> people around here. It gets worse since Qubes has many different 
> forums/IRC/mail-posts/etc. so among the Qubes users that are, many are spread 
> out. It will often take time to get answers. So, no need to worry."
> 
> I will keep this in mind.  
> 
> still looking at it .. it shouldn't be this hard

This was as far as I can tell a physical mem problem.  I believe this was 
resolved 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/0c7eec27-0d39-4b06-9dc3-3bd78b7c9538%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.