[RBW] Sackville Banana Sax

2018-02-12 Thread Tim Bantham
I am looking for feedback on Rivendell's new Banana Sax bag. If you have one and have had some experience using it I would be interested in hearing about it's overall usefulness What have you been able to fit in the bag etc. I am trying to keep bags and racks on my Sam to a minimum but still

[RBW] Supple 650b x 42s on a Homer under Longboards

2018-02-12 Thread Call Me Jay
As a follow up to my post on the Facebook page, has anyone else had luck with this set-up: 42s on Altas rims under Longboards with Racer brakes. Rebadged Pari Motos appear to fit. Would Compass 42s? Or maybe Compass 38s since I’ve read that they run big? -- You received this message

Re: [RBW] Alone in a Sea of Autos

2018-02-12 Thread 'Hetchins52' via RBW Owners Bunch
Wow, he really is fluffy and adorable! There is something disarming about seeing a dog taking a ride on a bike. Is the dog content to reliably stay in the basket or pannier? David Lipsky Berkeley, CA On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 11:30:18 AM UTC-8, Bicycle Belle Ding Ding! wrote: --

[RBW] Re: WTB: 90mm Nitto stem 25.4 or 26mm

2018-02-12 Thread MartyG
Confirmed. I have a 90 X 25.4 Technomic. PM me and we can make it happen. Marty -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread Patrick Moore
I'll let Rivendell use the name for a new model, as long as it looks like my '99 Joe. ("Joe" is also slang shorthand, not a model name.) On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 7:46 PM, Philip Williamson < philip.william...@gmail.com> wrote: > “Gofast” is a slang term for a light, stripped-down road bike. It’s

[RBW] Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread masmojo
I think I have to agree with Joe, I have a Clementine (Clem L) & I have never had a problem riding it whatever distance, BUT would it be a suitable choice for 100 miles or multi day ride!? No, I don't think so. Sure you could do it & if you had one; I wouldn't discourage you from trying; now

[RBW] Sackville Banana Sax

2018-02-12 Thread Jonathan D.
Bought one from Rivelo yesterday. Seems like a perfect size for a light ride. Size seems between an XS and Small Saddlesack. They still had a few at Rivelo. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group

Re: [RBW] Alone in a Sea of Autos

2018-02-12 Thread Doug H.
Cute! And, the dog isn't bad either... ;-) On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 2:30:18 PM UTC-5, Bicycle Belle Ding Ding! wrote: > > How can I deny you this? Of course I can’t! > [image: image1.jpeg] > > [image: image2.jpeg] > [image: image3.jpeg] > > > Sent from my iPhone > > On Feb 9, 2018, at

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread nash5510
Oh, like a road bike. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to

[RBW] Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread RichS
Bill, Your ride and report - well done! While I’ve never done a 200k brevet I can relate to how you felt while riding your Sam. Mine makes me feel the same way. That synchronicity between bike and rider is truly special. Something I realize mainly from the SH. Best regards, Richard -- You

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread Patrick Moore
The sole reason I picked up on Chauncey's remark is that, if I ever get him to build me a road bike, it's likely to be even lighter than 6.0 f/f. You are right, I generally focus on how a bike feels and only then, if at all, move further to find out what tubing or trail or what have you causes

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread Patrick Moore
There ya go! On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 9:55 AM, wrote: > Maybe Joefast. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "RBW Owners Bunch" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread nash5510
Maybe Joefast. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread Bill Lindsay
Equal opportunity fretting! "To wring hands or not to wring hands: THAT is the question!" On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 10:41:39 AM UTC-8, Patrick Moore wrote: > > The sole reason I picked up on Chauncey's remark is that, if I ever get > him to build me a road bike, it's likely to be even

[RBW] Re: ISO cantilever Sam Hillborne 55/56cm

2018-02-12 Thread Belopsky
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rbw-owners-bunch/ogX1fPdEl10 On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 2:46:31 AM UTC-5, John W wrote: > > Shaking the tree. I've been having trouble finding a Riv in my size. I'm > now looking for a Sam 55/56cm frameset or a full build. Please hit me up if > you

[RBW] Re: Frank Jones Senor on the BLUG

2018-02-12 Thread Belopsky
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/frankjonesrivbike/ https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6OX8yhtL5/?tagged=frankjones -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

Re: [RBW] Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Bill Lindsay
A couple hours off your best time! That's pretty major. I was happy to shave a few minutes. It will be a little challenging for me to find a 300. Both the Davis and the SFR ones are on High School Race Days, which I can't miss. The SLO one is really soon (2/18). That might leave me with

[RBW] Re: 29 x 2.3-2.5 Knobby Tire & Rim Recommendations for Clem.

2018-02-12 Thread tc
Thanks Keith. I ended up ordering a pair of 2.35 Vittoria Mezcal's, the "TNT" version (Tubes or No Tubes). Great reviews re: bite, transition from center to edge transition on turns, rolling resistance, puncture resistance, and relative quiet on pavement. Not too heavy, either. Once I have

[RBW] Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread Joe Bernard
I think it helps to remember what the Clems are supposed to be, which is a "buy one new" version of all the '80s/'90s rigid mountain bikes littering Craigslist that we buy for cheap, then end up spending WAY more than we'd planned to turn them into functional town crawlers. It's great for that

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread Patrick Moore
I was talking to Chauncey on Sat, who picked up (literally and figuratively) the '99 Joefast for the before-described alterations. I exclaimed proudly, "6 lb even frame and fork!" He judiciously nodded and said, "Not bad for a Rivendell." Upshot, he would use thinner wall tubing on a similar build

[RBW] Re: FS: Merino wool LS jerseys, black, L, each $55 shipped (each) CONUS

2018-02-12 Thread Patrick Moore
Forgot to add: these wash up just fine with Kookabura in the machine on the "Delicates" setting; no shrinkage or felting. On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Patrick Moore wrote: > Nice, soft mid-weight merino wool, black. Washed enough times that the > labels have faded, but

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread Bill Lindsay
What wall thicknesses were used on your custom? What thinner wall thicknesses would Chauncey have used? Bill Lindsay El Cerrito, CA On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 9:50:25 AM UTC-8, Patrick Moore wrote: > > I was talking to Chauncey on Sat, who picked up (literally and > figuratively) the '99

Re: [RBW] Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Toshi Takeuchi
It was a great day on the bike. I also felt strong, and it was the first time in my life that it felt like I had a tailwind all day. (It's usually the opposite!). I decided to ride my Roadeo because I didn't need lights for this ride and could enjoy riding unencumbered. For the 200k, I usually

Re: [RBW] It’s all about the power: Handlebar height/body position

2018-02-12 Thread Patrick Moore
The effect of the hip-to-torso angle on power or ability to produce torque is one very big reason I prefer drop bars, with their variety of hand positions which in turn allow a variety of torso angles. It's also why I like my Flites (original model) with their long body that gives a comfortable

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread Bill Lindsay
Oh, OK. That not-knowing is what I normally expect from you. You are traditionally much more of a fit/handling/feel person, not a wall-thickness fretter. I was kind of surprised you brought up wall thicknesses at all, as it's normally not your thing. There are lots of folks on the boards

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread Chris in Redding, Ca.
Hey All, That is impressive. With no emphasis on weight I ordered a road bike frameset from Soulcraft. With the supplied full carbon fork it weighs less than the six pound mark. But with the also supplied Soulcraft unicrown road fork it is over six pounds. Chiming in from Redding, Ca. Chris

Re: [RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread Patrick Moore
I don't know, I'm afraid. I think that the specs for my customs ('99 and '03) have been lost and, at any rate, I never asked. Chauncey could tell me, I'm sure, but I haven't asked. FWIW, he used Tange heat treated thinwall road tubing for the "road bike for dirt." On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 11:00

Re: [RBW] It’s all about the power: Handlebar height/body position

2018-02-12 Thread George Schick
Amen. These are some the main reasons why I always have had drop bars on my road bikes. The body position while pedaling seems to let you put you back into the pedal stroke as well as the legs. Plus, as you say, there is the versatility of having multiple hand positions on the bars. On

[RBW] WTB - Compass 700C x 32 Stampede Pass, Standard

2018-02-12 Thread Jon BALER
Anybody have an extra pair of Compass 700C x 32 Stampede Pass, Standard casing that they are looking to sell? thanks in advance -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from

[RBW] It’s all about the power: Handlebar height/body position

2018-02-12 Thread Deacon Patrick
Jan’s exploration of cycling myth #5, higher handlebars are more comfortable, sure matches my experience single speeding (free or fixed), where changing positions relates to only one thing because there is only one gear: power output. On steep climbs, I tuck until I stand. Otherwise, upright is

[RBW] Re: 29 x 2.3-2.5 Knobby Tire & Rim Recommendations for Clem.

2018-02-12 Thread Jon BALER
I enjoy my Surly Extraterrestrial 29 x 2.5 tires for mixed surface riding. They are heavy on the scale, but roll very well. I use them on mixed surfaces with non-technical singletrack (e.g. MoCo trails here in Maryland). Since they don't have tall knobs, they'll fit in most 29er frames. I

[RBW] Re: Two gear question

2018-02-12 Thread Coal Bee Rye Anne
Shouldn't be an issue but depending on the length of the forward facing horizontals, your chosen chainring(s)/gearing and required chain length you may need to make some slight adjustments to get things to line up properly. I ran into a problem on one frame when the dropouts had enough room

Re: [RBW] Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Tony DeFilippo
Stirring ride report Bill! Congrats. Sounds like all those miles this summer resulted in a well tuned rider and ride. The orange paint has to subtract at least 5lbs from the bike right?!? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group.

Re: [RBW] It’s all about the power: Handlebar height/body position

2018-02-12 Thread EasyRider
Agree that having multiple hand positions -- including an upright one -- is the key to comfort across a range of riding conditions. That said -- higher handlebars ARE more comfortable ... IF ones power output isn't very great, or must be moderated to suit conditions like riding in stop and go

[RBW] Re: 29 x 2.3-2.5 Knobby Tire & Rim Recommendations for Clem.

2018-02-12 Thread Dave Grossman
I ride the very same DPRT on my Jones with 2.3 Big Ones on Duallys. Love it. I also ride it on my Pug. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email

[RBW] Re: Albastache (or Moustache) Brake Lever Positions

2018-02-12 Thread Maxwell H
Really appreciate all of the thoughtful replies here thus far. I think I need to try a few things out. First I need to figure out if raising the height and reducing the reach is going to work out as I'm hoping (and won't just get balance further out of whack). I'm going to do that with a

[RBW] Re: Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Bob Ehrenbeck
Well done! I love everything about your Sam and how it's set-up, including what looks to be a hack decaleur -- could you please describe or post some pics of that? Bob E Cranford, NJ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To

[RBW] Re: Sackville Banana Sax

2018-02-12 Thread islaysteve
Based on my experience with my old Banana Sack (made by Duluth pack), I'd say you will be fine with your intended use. Mine will carry: an innertube, tools in a pouch, wallet, light jacket and an Abus cable lock, like Riv sells. If the lock is carried, it should go in first. Looking at the

[RBW] Re: Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Bill Lindsay
Bob E asked about details on a 'hack decaleur'. It's actually a very standard one. It's a Berthoud. It's the vertical orientation and it's a long extension, so they'd call that a V-121 model. Bill Lindsay El Cerrito CA On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 2:18:35 PM UTC-8, Bob Ehrenbeck wrote:

[RBW] Re: Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread 'Mark in Beacon' via RBW Owners Bunch
A review from Velouria at Lovely Bicycle included this paragraph: *In both aesthetics and feel the Clementine reminds me most of a certain type of German and Austrian utility bike that had been around for decades through maybe the early 1990s. While clunky in stature and most commonly used as

[RBW] Does anybody own a new 59cm / 650b Atlantis?

2018-02-12 Thread Glenn's Bike Garage
I have a 59cm 650b Atlantis that isn't completely built yet. Don't have photos, but would be glad to take some measurements for you. Paul -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving

[RBW] WTB: compass RTP

2018-02-12 Thread Andrew Gammon
Looking for a set of gumwall RTP. Regular or EL. Cheers -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To

[RBW] Re: WTT: Nitto Noodle for Nitto Bosco

2018-02-12 Thread KenD
Sold. Thanks. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to

Re: [RBW] Two gear question

2018-02-12 Thread Justin, Oakland
I definitely think that rear-facing track ends allow easier removal and installation of fat rubber. In fact I can't see a way in which that isn't the case unless one is referring to the process with fenders.Which changes the equation. -J On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 1:24:57 PM UTC-8,

Re: [RBW] Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Bill Lindsay
Watching the Winter Olympics, the Norwegian speedskaters switched to blue suits (from red), claiming they are the fastest color. Duh, the Dutch dominate speedskating. Why? ORANGE! Science! Bill Lindsay El Cerrito, CA On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 12:13:35 PM UTC-8, Tony DeFilippo wrote:

[RBW] Re: Does anybody own a new 59cm / 650b Atlantis?

2018-02-12 Thread iamkeith
So I'm not sure what happened with the delay in the public message here, but Paul was nice enough to respond and we finished this conversation by PM. Just wanted to say though that, for anyone considering this, you should take a good hard look. His bike is gorgeous and, as I told Paul, it's

[RBW] Gofast f/f: 6.0 lb even!

2018-02-12 Thread truegolden
Not bad indeed Patrick! I expect you will be glad to get it back on the road soon. It makes me recall my Joe Starck built Riv Road bike from the same year. I called it my triple Joe as it was built by Joe , painted by Joe Bell and had wheels built by master wheelbuilder Joe Young with

[RBW] Re: Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread Tom Horton
hi nancy, I've ridden those hilly baltimore valleys a good deal, on a custom titanium serotta and on a fendered, touring racked big (68cm) atlantis, and the difference isn't as much as you'd think. last year we encountered some hills in quebec that were defeating my sixtyish band of cyclists

[RBW] 26” wheelset and RTP

2018-02-12 Thread Andrew Gammon
Hey folks Looking for a set of decent quality 130 rear spaced 7 speed wheels. Let me know if you have anything collecting dust at home. Also looking for a set of tan wall RTP. Cheers! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group.

Re: [RBW] Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Ian A
QED On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 1:43:50 PM UTC-7, Bill Lindsay wrote: > > Watching the Winter Olympics, the Norwegian speedskaters switched to blue > suits (from red), claiming they are the fastest color. Duh, the Dutch > dominate speedskating. Why? ORANGE! > > Science! > > Bill Lindsay

[RBW] Re: For Sale: Phil Wood BBs - great for Atlantis

2018-02-12 Thread Mark Reimer
Update: SKF bearing BB, cups and mud guards are sold. Second BB with original bearings, no mounting rings, still available On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 10:48:33 AM UTC-6, Mark Reimer wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > I have two Phil Wood bottom brackets for sale. I used these in my Atlantis >

[RBW] I'll be at Riv and need some suggestions about the local area

2018-02-12 Thread Surlyprof
Roberta, You may be between exhibits at the DeYoung but the observation deck is well worth a viewing if you’re in the park. You’ll also see Ruth Asawa’s wire sculptures on the way to the elevator. That part’s all free, I believe. You may want to double check that. The new SFMOMA building

[RBW] Re: I'll be at Riv and need some suggestions about the local area

2018-02-12 Thread REC
Thanks to all, so far. I just decided this morning to make the SF stop--that will be Feb 25-27. I probably should have mentioned that I own a Joe Appaloosa (so there IS Rivendell content) and just love it. The group here, as well as my calls to Riv, helped me with my decision last April

Re: [RBW] Alone in a Sea of Autos

2018-02-12 Thread Chris Birkenmaier
I have a Golden Retriever. No bike baskets for my guy!  -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To

[RBW] Re: I'll be at Riv and need some suggestions about the local area

2018-02-12 Thread Scott McLain
I highly recommend the Streets of San Francisco bike tour. They provide the bike. You will get a great tour of the city and it’s history. It is always ranked high on trip advisor. My wife and I vacation in SF every couple of years. This was our favorite thing. Also be sure to get Buy Rite

Re: [RBW] Alone in a Sea of Autos

2018-02-12 Thread Patrick Moore
I recall taking our 2 Shi Tzu in a milk crate attached to the back of our tandem; I attached shortened leashes to, as I thought, keep them safe. Well, the rather neurotic (but oh, so cute with that underbite and big black eyes in a white face) got nervous and at about 2 miles from home she

[RBW] Re: Bullmoose vs. Choco-moose

2018-02-12 Thread Clayton.sf
thanks for explaining Joe! mine swept up on a Quickbeam. might be that there are different angles as is the case with some other moose variants. Clayton Scott ST, CA -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from

Re: [RBW] Alone in a Sea of Autos

2018-02-12 Thread Doug H.
The Christmas lights photo is glamorous. Sounds like your dog is a “people” dog. We have one like that too. They are the best. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from

[RBW] Re: Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Carla Waugh
I liked reading about your ride and your Sam. Nice Sam Bill! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

[RBW] FS: Nitto Campee rear rack

2018-02-12 Thread Sean PNW
Nitto Campee rear rack in great shape, $150 + shipping Pics - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/15mFPX_9rfwP_5npNxl7Q1SohH0sNiFuX -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving

[RBW] Re: Bullmoose vs. Choco-moose

2018-02-12 Thread tc
Hey Clayton, I was reading your post about Bullmoose upsweep, and wondered if you could clarify. It looks to me that the actual bar itself is flat. The Nitto catalog doesn't mention an upsweep, so maybe you're referring to the upward angle of the two braces coming from the stem top to the bar

[RBW] Re: Bullmoose vs. Choco-moose

2018-02-12 Thread Joe Bernard
TC, the ends of the bars have an upward angle. Imagine if the bar portion was mounted level in a conventional stem, then you grabbed the ends and rotated up a couple degrees..it's like that. They would probably flatten out on an old mountain bike with a really slack headtube. -- You received

Re: [RBW] Two gear question

2018-02-12 Thread Patrick Moore
It all depends on the length of the stays, the length of the dropouts, the size of the tires, and whether or not you use a rear derailleur. All else equal, of course, with a rear derailleur, forward facing dropouts make wheel removal easier. One can argue that forward dropouts allow easier removal

[RBW] FS/FT/WTB Brooks C-17, Deerhead thumbies, Drop V levers, WTB nano

2018-02-12 Thread drew
all prices include shipping *Brooks C-17- Slate. Very good newish condition. * Bought off list to try. tried once and my butt didn't like it. Selling for 80$ (which is what i paid) 80$ shipped to west coast. 85$ shipped mid/east *Shimano Deerhead thumb shifters-* pretty good condition.

[RBW] Re: I'll be at Riv and need some suggestions about the local area

2018-02-12 Thread drew
I'm not from San Francisco, and I'm sure you'll get a ton of responses from locals. I'll speak to this as a tourist who visits the city once a year or so. I had family in Lafayette for some years and if you aren't biking, I'd skip the Walnut creek area. Other than visiting Rivendell, i mean

[RBW] Re: Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread Nancy Seibel
Thanks for these thoughts! On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 10:21:38 AM UTC-5, masmojo wrote: > > I think I have to agree with Joe, I have a Clementine (Clem L) & I have > never had a problem riding it whatever distance, BUT would it be a suitable > choice for 100 miles or multi day ride!?

[RBW] Re: Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread Nancy Seibel
Good points, Tom and true, I have found among different bikes I own/have owned, minimal differences in my speed, though noticeable differences in what I can lift and maneuver readily when that has to be done. I too would say failings in regards to riding are generally my own, not the bike's!

[RBW] Re: Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread Nancy Seibel
Thanks Mark - I enjoyed the review and it's good additional input. On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 6:06:35 PM UTC-5, Mark in Beacon wrote: > > > A review from Velouria at Lovely Bicycle included this paragraph: > > *In both aesthetics and feel the Clementine reminds me most of a certain > type

[RBW] Re: I'll be at Riv and need some suggestions about the local area

2018-02-12 Thread franklyn
Hi, Roberta, There are many Bay-Area'ers on this list, so you might get more advice and suggestions than you'd like. Since you are asking on the RBW list and going to visit Riv, I am assuming that you are OK with biking, which I would say is the best way to see the City and the surrounding

[RBW] FS: Phil Wood and Schmidt Front Wheels

2018-02-12 Thread Max S
Eric, what’s the OLD on that fixed/fixed wheel?.. I may be interested... -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[RBW] Re: I'll be at Riv and need some suggestions about the local area

2018-02-12 Thread Jim M.
To paraphrase: Walnut Creek is a nice place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there (other than Riv, and there are a lot of nice hikes on and around Diablo if you want to see Riv's roots). If you want to visit Muir Woods, you now need to make parking reservations or a shuttle reservation.

[RBW] Re: Bullmoose vs. Choco-moose

2018-02-12 Thread tc
Ah! Thanks ... they don't even mention this in any writeup/spec I've seen! Tom On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 7:09:59 PM UTC-5, Joe Bernard wrote: > > TC, the ends of the bars have an upward angle. Imagine if the bar portion > was mounted level in a conventional stem, then you grabbed the

[RBW] Re: Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread Howard Hatten
CLEM BROCHURE newest.pdf -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to

[RBW] Re: Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Bob Ehrenbeck
Ah, got it. Thanks for the info, Bill. On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:45:55 PM UTC-5, Bill Lindsay wrote: > > Bob E asked about details on a 'hack decaleur'. > > It's actually a very standard one. It's a Berthoud. It's the vertical > orientation and it's a long extension, so they'd call

[RBW] Re: Bullmoose vs. Choco-moose

2018-02-12 Thread 'Eamon Nordquist' via RBW Owners Bunch
Since they have a fixed attachment to the stem, it all depends on your head tube angle. They are MTB handlebars originally. I think the current versions were meant for Bombadils, which have a 70.5 or 71 degree head tube angle. If your head tube is steeper than that, the ends will point up

[RBW] Re: Bullmoose vs. Choco-moose

2018-02-12 Thread Chris Birkenmaier
Yes mine are angeled down. I find them comfortable -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post

[RBW] Re: Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread Howard Hatten
Nancy I think this link will take you to the brochure Mark was referring to. https://www.flickr.com/photos/136422809@N08/shares/aH750i Howard Livonia Mi -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and

[RBW] I'll be at Riv and need some suggestions about the local area

2018-02-12 Thread REC
If this is too off topic, I'm sure the moderator will delete. I know a lot of you live in the area and would love your input. Since I'll be flying from PA to S. CA at the end of the month for business, I decided to stop in San Francisco to visit Rivendell. I'll be arriving on a Sunday about

[RBW] Re: Bullmoose vs. Choco-moose

2018-02-12 Thread Joe Bernard
I had mine mounted on a couple of Bridgestones which both had 72-ish head angles. They might sit a little flatter on an Appaloosa. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails

Re: [RBW] Alone in a Sea of Autos

2018-02-12 Thread Lum Gim Fong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HB-DKO1Xmk I think this is a cute dog rides with master bike video but i cannot condone riding a bike with dog on it for the dogs’ safety reasons. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To

Re: [RBW] Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Toshi Takeuchi
I'm planning on San Francisco 300k and then Santa Cruz 400k, 600k. As far as the time goes, yeah, the other rides I did I sat around and enjoyed a bunch of food, but even then, I think my average speed on my ride was faster this time even with much less time for breaks. Hope to catch you on some

Re: [RBW] I'll be at Riv and need some suggestions about the local area

2018-02-12 Thread Toshi Takeuchi
Alcatraz is great, but you might have difficulty making a reservation. Muir woods now has limited parking that also requires a reservation. I highly recommend renting a bicycle in the city and riding along the Embarcadero through fisherman's wharf and to the golden gate bridge, followed by a trip

[RBW] Re: Experiences with Clem L or H

2018-02-12 Thread Ash
I have a 2017 Appaloosa. Clem L and Appa are similar bikes, IMO. Based on my experience, I would say it quite suitable for 60-mile rides. It would NOT be a good choice if speed is what you are going for. Very good choice if enjoying the scenery, being able to carry some stuff for the trip

[RBW] Re: Un-un-unracing update: My first 622mm 200k, and a Sam Hillborne ride report 9-years later

2018-02-12 Thread Dave
Thanks for sharing Bill! Sounds like an incredible day and the write up is inspiring. Your neighbor in the annex, Dave -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send

[RBW] Re: Bullmoose vs. Choco-moose

2018-02-12 Thread tc
Gotcha, makes sense. Clem 59 (and 64) have a 71.5 HT angle. 52 Clem has a 71, so, close to Bombadil. Not sure if any contributors who've mentioned 'upsweep' are referring to Bullmoose on a Clem or not. On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 7:47:56 PM UTC-5, Eamon Nordquist wrote: > > Since they

[RBW] Re: FS Technomic Deluxe 70mm takeoff

2018-02-12 Thread Sean Kline
Hi Ed, I'll take the stem if it's still available. Thanks, Sean On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 3:02:30 PM UTC-8, Ed Felker wrote: > > Very light marks from insertion, otherwise looks news. This is the deluxe > version with the high polish and nicer nut. > > $50 shipped Priority Mail.

[RBW] Re: I'll be at Riv and need some suggestions about the local area

2018-02-12 Thread Ash
Twin peaks is one of my favorite places to visit in the city. From there you get an incredible 270 deg panoramic view of SF and surroundings including the Golden Gate bridge. Beautiful both during the day and at night (fog permitting) As for Walnut Creek, Riv is by far the most interesting