Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Disable Python hash seed randomization in brp-python-bytecompile (#1320)

2020-07-24 Thread Igor Raits
@hroncok -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1320#issuecomment-663508390___ Rpm-maint mailing list

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Docs: Revamp BUILD OPTIONS section in rpmbuild(8) (#1318)

2020-07-24 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > +to run this command (followed by new dependency resolution) repeatedly until > it +no longer exits with code 11. ```suggestion to run this command (followed by installation of the generated dependencies) repeatedly until no new dependencies

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-23 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain approved this pull request. >From my POV it is good to go and we can follow up with improvements like >auto-detection of cores. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Docs: Revamp BUILD OPTIONS section in rpmbuild(8) (#1318)

2020-07-23 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > @@ -256,6 +266,18 @@ options are currently set in \fIrpmrc\fR and \fImacros\fR configuration file(s). +.SS "DYNAMIC BUILD REQUIREMENTS" +.PP +When the %generate_buildrequires stage is executed and some of the resulting +requirements are not

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Docs: Revamp BUILD OPTIONS section in rpmbuild(8) (#1318)

2020-07-23 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > @@ -256,6 +266,18 @@ options are currently set in \fIrpmrc\fR and \fImacros\fR configuration file(s). +.SS "DYNAMIC BUILD REQUIREMENTS" +.PP +When the %generate_buildrequires stage is executed and some of the resulting +requirements are not

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] pythondistdeps: Switch to importlib.metadata (#1317)

2020-07-23 Thread Igor Raits
@hroncok @torsava take a look please :) -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1317#issuecomment-662881689___ Rpm-maint

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: %undefine_all (#1314)

2020-07-22 Thread Igor Raits
@mlschroe works for me too :) -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/1314#issuecomment-662318724___ Rpm-maint mailing

[Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: %undefine_all (#1314)

2020-07-21 Thread Igor Raits
So the `%define`/`%global` is a stack-based, however sometimes you want to undefine variable no matter how many times it was defined. I think `%undefine_all` would be the best name. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-21 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > @@ -1072,6 +1072,7 @@ static rpmzstd rpmzstdNew(int fdno, const char *fmode) char *t = stdio; char *te = t + sizeof(stdio) - 2; int c; +int threads = -1; ```suggestion int threads = 0; ``` to satisfy @ffesti -- You

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Always close libelf handle (#1313)

2020-07-20 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain approved this pull request. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Document: "rpmbuild -br" always returns 11 when "--nodeps" is used (#963)

2020-07-15 Thread Igor Raits
> no matter if all build requires are installed because rpmbuild does not check them because `--nodeps` is specified :) So for rpmbuild none are installed. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-14 Thread Igor Raits
> it compresses a bit worse I was testing it on xonotic-data and it was 873M in single-threaded compression and the same size in multi-threaded mode. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain approved this pull request. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain approved this pull request. LGTM with very small suggestion. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > goto err; } + + if (threads == -1) + threads = rpmExpandNumeric("%{getncpus}"); + if (threads > 1) After all I think ```suggestion if (threads > 0) ``` should be used. -- You are receiving

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
With my suggestions, and a proper build of libzstd in Fedora it works as expected, it fully utilizes my system. Testing on `xonotic-data` which is 873M. ``` before: 284.05user 3.03system 4:48.64elapsed 99%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 153540maxresident)k 88inputs+5456312outputs

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > goto err; } + + if (threads > 0) ```suggestion if (threads == -1) threads = rpmExpandNumeric("%{getncpus}"); if (threads > 0) ``` -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > goto err; } + + if (threads > 0) + if (ZSTD_isError (ZSTD_CCtx_setParameter(_stream, ZSTD_c_nbWorkers, threads))) Oh my, Fedora ships libzstd without MT support. ignore this one. -- You are receiving this

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > goto err; } + + if (threads > 0) + if (ZSTD_isError (ZSTD_CCtx_setParameter(_stream, ZSTD_c_nbWorkers, threads))) hmmpf, this always gives me an error on Fedora Rawhide: ``` warning: zstd library does not

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > goto err; } + + if (threads > 0) + if (ZSTD_isError (ZSTD_CCtx_setParameter(_stream, ZSTD_c_nbWorkers, threads))) + rpmlog(RPMLOG_WARNING, "zstd library does not support multi-threading");

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > + ++s; + c = *s; ```suggestion c = *s++; ``` -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@marxin I've tried this on my laptop and it does not seem to work? ``` $ /usr/bin/time ~/Projects/upstream/rpm/rpmbuild -bb xonotic-data.spec -D "_sourcedir $PWD" -D "_binary_payload w19T8.zstdio" ... 289.90user 3.08system 4:54.67elapsed 99%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 155348maxresident)k

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > goto err; } + + if (threads > 0) hmmm, thinking about it more.. ``` /* These parameters are only useful if multi-threading is enabled (compiled with build macro ZSTD_MULTITHREAD). ``` And checking code, yeah - it

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. LGTM with small nitpicks > goto err; } + + if (threads > 0) If I read https://facebook.github.io/zstd/zstd_manual.html correctly, even if you set it to `0`, it will use single thread which makes this if unneeded. > @@

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Support threading for zstd compression. (#1303)

2020-07-10 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. >AS_IF([test "$enable_zstd" = "yes"], [ if test "$have_zstd" = "no"; then AC_MSG_ERROR([--enable-zstd specified, but not available]) fi ]) + PKG_CHECK_MODULES([ZSTD], [libzstd], [have_zstd=yes], [have_zstd=no]) I think it

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Sync python dependency conversion with pyreq2rpm. (#1299)

2020-07-06 Thread Igor Raits
Merged #1299 into master. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1299#event-3516927285___ Rpm-maint mailing list

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Allow to eclude files from %doc (#1298)

2020-07-03 Thread Igor Raits
I did take quick look into the code base: for `%doc` the `addSpecialFile()` is used that just inserts file entries. That does not copy files into the %{_docdir}. Rather, it is done from `processPackageFiles() -> processSpecialDir()` at which point it already packages the RPM. The `%exclude` is

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Allow to eclude files from %doc (#1298)

2020-07-03 Thread Igor Raits
I think it would be quite useful to implement this and should not be very hard, in theory... Still, you should just wipe those files and not use %exclude for that. I think that is on the roadmap that it will throw unpackaged files if you %exclude files and do not put them anywhere. -- You are

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Files in %_docdir are not passed to dependency generators (#1297)

2020-07-01 Thread Igor Raits
Just curious, what's your use-case? -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/1297#issuecomment-652382807___ Rpm-maint

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Revert "Always fail build on dependency generator failures (#1183)" (#1286)

2020-06-24 Thread Igor Raits
I think we should keep it for master and revert fo 4.16 -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RPM Translation subpackage(s) (#1276)

2020-06-22 Thread Igor Raits
Generally you should try out #1239 , but for that you need to find out few things. How do you detect a binary that will want to load some specific translations? Is it just some guess or should be up to packager to fill in or? -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] rpmbuild should report missing files for all subpackages (#1277)

2020-06-19 Thread Igor Raits
Can you elaborate more please? What missing / unpacked files, waht subpackages, what report? -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Always fail build on dependency generator failures (#1183) (#1271)

2020-06-17 Thread Igor Raits
:tada: Would be nice to get that into 4.16. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1271#issuecomment-645323467___

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Make the "rpmbuild debuginfo -g3 .debug_macro" test an expected fail … (#1267)

2020-06-10 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain approved this pull request. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Fix completely broken prefix search on sqlite backend (#1265)

2020-06-10 Thread Igor Raits
Seems to fix my problem :) -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1265#issuecomment-641855601___ Rpm-maint mailing list

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] error: Couldn't exec metainfo(): No such file or directory (#1261)

2020-06-08 Thread Igor Raits
Backported to rawhide & fixed in master. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/1261#issuecomment-640492804___

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] error: Couldn't exec metainfo(): No such file or directory (#1261)

2020-06-08 Thread Igor Raits
Closed #1261. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/1261#event-3419175160___ Rpm-maint mailing list

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] error: Couldn't exec metainfo(): No such file or directory (#1261)

2020-06-08 Thread Igor Raits
Sent patch yesterday https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1259 -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Add _without_check macro (#1256)

2020-06-07 Thread Igor Raits
I think this should set _with_check unless _without_check is defined already. Basically to have `%bcond_without check` by default without having to put it in all spec files. But still need to make sure that somebody defines `%bcond_without check`, this code won't override it. -- You are

[Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] %transfiletriggerin does not work on Fedora 33 (#1260)

2020-06-07 Thread Igor Raits
``` ❯ sudo rpm -ivh /home/brain/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/newsflash-1.0~rc1-1.fc33.x86_64.rpm --debug --rpmfcdebug [sudo] password for brain: D: == /home/brain/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/newsflash-1.0~rc1-1.fc33.x86_64.rpm D: loading keyring from pubkeys in /var/lib/rpm/pubkeys/*.key D:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] %transfiletriggerin does not work on Fedora 33 (#1260)

2020-06-07 Thread Igor Raits
Also I checked `stat /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache` and that does not change during the RPM run. But if I run command from trigger manually, it updates that file. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Add OrderWithRequires dependency generation (#1257)

2020-06-07 Thread Igor Raits
> When a package contains a systemd unit, %systemd_* macros are usually used; > it is usefull to add "OrderWithRequires: systemd" in this case to ensure > that systemd is installed before that package. I think I disagree here, it is only some specific cases where this needs to be used. cc

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] metainfo.attr: Fix execution of the generator (#1259)

2020-06-07 Thread Igor Raits
Please backport to 4.16.x -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1259#issuecomment-640211823___ Rpm-maint mailing list

[Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] metainfo.attr: Fix execution of the generator (#1259)

2020-06-07 Thread Igor Raits
Somehow it wasnt noticed before. Fixes: 9464926456125dacb8046767f1fe4235471986e9 Signed-off-by: Igor Raits i.gnatenko.br...@gmail.com You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1259 -- Commit Summary

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] macros: force add files to git index (#1246)

2020-06-02 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain approved this pull request. LGTM -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] rpmbuild: Create build tree after parsing a spec file (#1235)

2020-06-01 Thread Igor Raits
@pmatilai fixed and rebased. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1235#issuecomment-636714949___ Rpm-maint mailing

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] rpmbuild: Create build tree after parsing a spec file (#1235)

2020-05-30 Thread Igor Raits
As you can see, I'm touching rpmbuild code, morning else. So this should not break. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Remove deprecated beecrypt and NSS crypto backends (#1245)

2020-05-28 Thread Igor Raits
@pmatilai oh, in that case - I would ditch bdb backend and possibly enable bdb_ro by default for 4.17 and then in 4.18 disable it by default. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Remove deprecated beecrypt and NSS crypto backends (#1245)

2020-05-28 Thread Igor Raits
@pmatilai I think we need to deprecate it in 4.17 and ditch it in 4.18 while keeping bdb_ro only. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Remove deprecated beecrypt and NSS crypto backends (#1245)

2020-05-28 Thread Igor Raits
:rocket: :+1: -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1245#issuecomment-635278798___ Rpm-maint mailing list

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Add %postbuild section / Allow dynamic sub packages (#1239)

2020-05-28 Thread Igor Raits
``` RPM build errors: line 223: %package -n rust-libc-devel: package rust-libc-devel already exists fish: Job 2, “~/Projects/upstream/rpm/rpmbuil…” terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error) ``` Segfault if the package redefinition happens is not expected. --- ``` error: line

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] rpmbuild: Create build tree after parsing a spec file (#1235)

2020-05-27 Thread Igor Raits
@pmatilai hopefully should be fixed and rebased. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1235#issuecomment-634501079___

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] scripts/pythondistdeps: Various updates and fixes (no test suite) (#1242)

2020-05-26 Thread Igor Raits
I would move `import re` to the top imports and just be done with it. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] macros: Drop internal macros which are not used in RPM and Fedora (#1212)

2020-05-26 Thread Igor Raits
Fine with me, did not want to get this in 4.16 anyway :) -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] rpmbuild: Create build tree after parsing a spec file (#1235)

2020-05-25 Thread Igor Raits
makes sense, I can rework tarball case to create tempdir and set _specdir there. I guess we can drop creation of sourcedir as well. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Add %postbuild section / Allow dynamic sub packages (#1239)

2020-05-25 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > @@ -451,6 +453,7 @@ const char * rpmSpecGetSection(rpmSpec spec, int section) case RPMBUILD_BUILD:return getStringBuf(spec->build); case RPMBUILD_INSTALL: return getStringBuf(spec->install); case RPMBUILD_CHECK:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Add %postbuild section / Allow dynamic sub packages (#1239)

2020-05-25 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain commented on this pull request. > +while (1) { + if ((rc = _readLine(spec, 0, 1)) > 0) { + res = PART_NONE; + break; + } else if (rc < 0) { + res = PART_ERROR; + break; + } + if (!strncmp(spec->line, "%%end",

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] Add %postbuild section / Allow dynamic sub packages (#1239)

2020-05-25 Thread Igor Raits
Some bikeshedding here: I'd call it `%generate_spec` because that's what it essentially is for. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] rpmbuild: Create build tree after parsing a spec file (#1235)

2020-05-25 Thread Igor Raits
@pmatilai FYI, this case have been fixed. This PR works fine from my testing. Sorry, forgot to type this before :) -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] %{name} is not properly evaluated in sources and %_sourcedir (#1234)

2020-05-21 Thread Igor Raits
Btw, I have sent https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1235 to avoid printing warnings in the CLI when using %{name} in the %{_sourcedir}: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1235 -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] rpmbuild: Create build tree after parsing a spec file (#1235)

2020-05-21 Thread Igor Raits
Ehh, it seems that this breaks building from tarball :/ I'll check if I can make it work. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] rpmbuild: Create build tree after parsing a spec file (#1235)

2020-05-21 Thread Igor Raits
I guess this might affect some kind of %include usage, but the difference between not being able to read file from folder that does not exist or from the folder that does and is empty is not something what we should be worried about I think. -- You are receiving this because you are

[Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] rpmbuild: Create build tree after parsing a spec file (#1235)

2020-05-21 Thread Igor Raits
. Signed-off-by: Igor Raits i.gnatenko.br...@gmail.com You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1235 -- Commit Summary -- * rpmbuild: Create build tree after parsing a spec file -- File Changes -- M rpmbuild.c (14

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] %{name} is not properly evaluated in sources and %_sourcedir (#1234)

2020-05-21 Thread Igor Raits
So I have discussed this privately with @decathorpe and the issue here is in rpmdev-spectool as I guessed. Next time, please open issues with as much information as possible and a minimal reproducer. Ref: https://pagure.io/rpmdevtools/issue/40 -- You are receiving this because you are

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] %{name} is not properly evaluated in sources and %_sourcedir (#1234)

2020-05-21 Thread Igor Raits
Closed #1234. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/1234#event-3360119174___ Rpm-maint mailing list

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] %{name} is not properly evaluated in sources and %_sourcedir (#1234)

2020-05-21 Thread Igor Raits
Looking into the fedora version of spec, `rpmspec -P` shows: ``` Source: https://pagure.io/fonts-rpm-macros/archive/3.0.3/fonts-rpm-macros-3.0.3.tar.gz ``` which is somewhat different from what you mentioned above. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] %{name} is not properly evaluated in sources and %_sourcedir (#1234)

2020-05-21 Thread Igor Raits
Probably you can paste the spec file here and method how to reproduce? Probably it is `rpmdev-spectool` does something wrong with it… -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: Automatic (sub)package generators (#329)

2020-05-15 Thread Igor Raits
> I guess the easiest way to provide this is a spec file section that is not > evaluated at parse time but is parsed after the build. We might want to > disallow some things there but it will basically allow declaring sub > packages. These could also be created by macros or by scripts

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: Convenient %version without tilde macro (#1219)

2020-05-14 Thread Igor Raits
I think `%{upstream_version}` would be better. However, probably in this case, we should just define %{pypi_version}, %{semver_version} because those have different rules. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] BuildRequires does not support boolean operators (#1216)

2020-05-13 Thread Igor Raits
Can you provide a reproducer? We use rich dependencies in BuildRequires at least in 2000 packages in Fedora. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] macros: Drop some unused internal macro (#1212)

2020-05-11 Thread Igor Raits
@ignatenkobrain pushed 1 commit. e0d63c40c4eef27b45791130858bf6e97c985922 macros: Drop internal macros which are not used in RPM and Fedora -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. View it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFC: Removing unneeded internal macros (such as %__ranlib) (#1211)

2020-05-11 Thread Igor Raits
@pmatilai too late , but I will split PR in to small commits. -- You are receiving this because you commented. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/1211#issuecomment-626622183___

[Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] macros: Drop some unused internal macro (#1212)

2020-05-11 Thread Igor Raits
Those are either not used or almost not used in whole collection of Fedora spec files. Neither they are used anywhere in RPM internally. References: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/1211 Signed-off-by: Igor Raits i.gnatenko.br...@gmail.com You can view, comment on, or merge

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFC: Removing unneeded internal macros (such as %__ranlib) (#1211)

2020-05-11 Thread Igor Raits
> > Note that %__remsh (and through that, %__rsh and %__ssh) are actually used by > rpm itself (in %___build_cmd) for remote execution of build scripts (a kind > of cross-build setup). Ah, that is trivial. ``` 801:%___build_cmd %{?_sudo:%{_sudo} }%{?_remsh:%{_remsh}

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFC: Removing unneeded internal macros (such as %__ranlib) (#1211)

2020-05-11 Thread Igor Raits
> Note that %__remsh (and through that, %__rsh and %__ssh) are actually used by > rpm itself (in %___build_cmd) for remote execution of build scripts (a kind > of cross-build setup). hmm, probably I did not notice that. > The selinux stuff can probably go without further ado, ditto with the >

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFC: Removing unneeded internal macros (such as %__ranlib) (#1211)

2020-05-11 Thread Igor Raits
Most of __id_u occurrences are from BuildRoot definition. The javadir and javadocdir are overriden by javapackages, so I'd proposed to keep: ``` %__sed %__cp %__mv %__cc %__cxx %__cpp ``` the rest IMO can be dropped without problems. -- You are receiving this because you commented. Reply to

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFC: Removing unneeded internal macros (such as %__ranlib) (#1211)

2020-05-11 Thread Igor Raits
@pmatilai in Fedora specs, rough numbers are: ``` %_javadir - 209 %__sed - 168 %_javadocdir - 114 %__cp - 113 %__mv - 76 %__cc - 72 %__ln_s - 24 %__id_u - 20 %__ar - 19 %__cxx - 15 %__grep - 7 %__file - 4 %__as - 3 %__ranlib - 2 %__chgrp - 2 %__restorecon - 1 %__cpp - 1 %_unzipbin - 0 %__ssh - 0

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: Automatic (sub)package generators (#329)

2020-05-10 Thread Igor Raits
> It is user friendly. It is not maintenance friendly because it workarounds > rpm deficiencies. A lot of the complexity is simulating arrays from > individual suffixed variables when rpm does expose an array element. That is exactly why I said having new section like `%subpackages` where

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: Automatic (sub)package generators (#329)

2020-05-10 Thread Igor Raits
> A lot of those things are already handled Fedora-side in our fonts and go > packaging macros. Sorry, I'm not interested in this black magic which nobody except you understand. I am interested in user-friendly solution which is supposed to be implemented in RPM. > You end up with a huge list

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: Automatic (sub)package generators (#329)

2020-05-10 Thread Igor Raits
Oh yeah, this way we can solve problem described in #1073 but having some script which will put license thing into the `$pkgname.license`. -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: Automatic (sub)package generators (#329)

2020-05-10 Thread Igor Raits
Forgot to mention that %subpackages section should store files in the %{buildroot} too, so that there is possibility to write generators which would depend on whole state of subpackages (current problem with dependency generators). -- You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: Automatic (sub)package generators (#329)

2020-05-10 Thread Igor Raits
So I guess this is waiting for me to put my thoughts here… # Features (extras) * In Rust, `Cargo.toml` contains information about all "features" which should be in their own subpackages, like `%package devel+$FEATURE`. * In Python, `egg-info` or `dist-info` or similar contain info about

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFC: Removing unneeded internal macros (such as %__ranlib) (#1211)

2020-05-10 Thread Igor Raits
> For no real value, yes but still they do are used in the wild and so the > potential for breakage is quite wide… Of course, but it is not different from changing other behaviors of RPM. Those macros are not documented, they are explicitly described as *private to RPM* so I think making such

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFC: Removing unneeded internal macros (such as %__ranlib) (#1211)

2020-05-10 Thread Igor Raits
Also we probably should rethink `%_(build|host|target)_*` macro. They are not really used by RPM for anything, rpmPlatform() has its own auto-detection anyway. I guess they were meant for RPM to support cross-compilation, but this never happened from what I know. Probably best would be to get

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFC: Removing unneeded internal macros (such as %__ranlib) (#1211)

2020-05-09 Thread Igor Raits
Basically these macros do not seem to belong to RPM at all: ```diff --- a/macros.in +++ b/macros.in @@ -26,35 +26,18 @@ %__awk @AWK@ %__bzip2 @__BZIP2@ %__cat @__CAT@ -%__chgrp @__CHGRP@ %__chmod @__CHMOD@ -%__chown

[Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFC: Removing unneeded internal macros (such as %__ranlib) (#1211)

2020-05-09 Thread Igor Raits
I was looking into the macros which RPM ships and there are many things like aforementioned %__ranlib which is not used in the RPM at all but has been there forever (at least from 1998). >From what I understand, %__* is supposed to be something which can affect RPM >itself, the %_* is for

Re: [Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] WIP: RFC: Buildsystem overhaul (meson) (#1209)

2020-05-08 Thread Igor Raits
@DimStar77 , > Just to chime in here as well: openSUSE has the 'distro bootstrap' split and > tries to keep it under control. It's right that python3 is already in that > chain (we build python3 is a minimal set with as few deps as possible, and an > enhanced set, in two runs) I am curious,