[sage-release] Sage 6.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (ipython notebook and ssl)

2014-11-19 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, For installing Sage 6.4 from sources on Ubuntu 14.04, I suggest that the package *libssl-dev* is added to the prerequisites listed in http://www.sagemath.org/doc/installation/source.html#prerequisites and in SAGE_ROOT/README.txt Indeed, without it, the command ./sage --notebook=ipython

[sage-release] Re: Sage 6.6.rc1 released

2015-03-27 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le vendredi 27 mars 2015 18:16:18 UTC+1, Volker Braun a écrit : The tachyon output is the same as with (p1+p2).show(viewer='tachyon') on the commandline. Thats just how Sage uses tachyon. Yes, the same (bad) tachyon output is obtained with versions of Sage much older than 6.6.rc1, e.g.

[sage-release] Multiple Sage 6.6 binaries for Ubuntu 14.04 ?

2015-04-24 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, On the Linux download pages for Sage 6.6 binaries, e.g. http://files.sagemath.org/linux/64bit/index.html there are two tar files for Ubuntu 14.04: *- sage-6.6-x86_64-Linux-Ubuntu_14.04_x86_64.tar.gz* (1328 MB) *- Ubuntu_14.04_LTS_sage-6.6-x86_64-Linux.tar.lrz* (745 MB) Is there any

[sage-release] Re: Installing from source on Linux: Prerequisites

2015-05-11 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Maybe one should add libssl-dev to the list of prerequisites, since without it, the ipython notebook will not work (it cannot be launched). Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups sage-release group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[sage-release] Re: SageMath 6.9 PPA

2015-10-16 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi Jan, By the way, what is the status of the sagemath-upstream-binary-full package? Will it be released for Sage 6.9 ? Best wishes, Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving

Re: [sage-release] Re: SageMath 6.9 PPA

2015-10-16 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le vendredi 16 octobre 2015 18:15:57 UTC+2, pipedream a écrit : > > Hi Eric, > > Yes, sagemath-binary-upstream and sagemath-binary-upstream-full is one > package, a "multi-binary" in debian terminology. From now on it will always > be released. They are released together (there is no way to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 6.9.rc2 released

2015-10-05 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le lundi 5 octobre 2015 21:17:43 UTC+2, Volker Braun a écrit : > > whats the output of > > > $ sage -python > >>> from notebook.notebookapp import NotebookApp > > It is Python 2.7.9 (default, Oct 5 2015, 20:41:58) [GCC 4.8.2] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for

[sage-release] Re: Sage 6.9.rc2 released

2015-10-05 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, On Ubuntu 14.04 64bits, the build was OK but when I try ./sage -n jupyter I get The IPython notebook requires ssl, even if you do not use https. Install the openssl development packages in your system and then rebuild Python (sage -f python2). Now the openssl development packages

Re: [sage-release] Re: Sage 6.9.rc2 released

2015-10-07 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Le mardi 6 octobre 2015 23:49:52 UTC+2, Volker Braun a écrit : > > I don't know whats broken in your install but its unlikely that it can be > fixed over email. > > Run "make distclean && make" for a clean build. > > Indeed, this was the thing to do. I've made a fresh install (via git

[sage-release] Re: Sage 6.9.rc3 released

2015-10-07 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, There seems to be a problem of LaTeX display in the Jupyter notebook with sage 6.9rc3: ./sage -n jupyter In[1]: %display latex In[2]: sin(x^2) results in Out[2]: \newcommand{\Bold}[1]{\mathbf{#1}}\sin\left(x^{2}\right) Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the

Re: [sage-release] Re: Sage 6.9.rc2 released

2015-10-06 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Le mardi 6 octobre 2015 09:43:26 UTC+2, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit : > > OK, first verify that you're on the correct Sage version: > > $ cat VERSION.txt > > It results in: Sage version 6.9.rc2, released 2015-10-03 > Next, properly build Sage: > > $ ./configure && make > I did it. > > Try

[sage-release] Re: Sage 6.9.rc2 released

2015-10-05 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le lundi 5 octobre 2015 21:17:43 UTC+2, Volker Braun a écrit : > > whats the output of > > > $ sage -python > >>> from notebook.notebookapp import NotebookApp > > > Sorry for the previous truncated message; the output is $ ./sage -python Python 2.7.9 (default, Oct 5 2015, 20:41:58) [GCC 4.8.2]

[sage-release] Re: Sage 6.9.rc2 released

2015-10-05 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le lundi 5 octobre 2015 21:45:22 UTC+2, Volker Braun a écrit : > > You need to install Sage (i.e. run "make") > > I did; it recompiled many things and took a while. But the problem is still there: ./sage -n jupyter results in the same error message. -- You received this message because you

[sage-release] Re: Anticipating ubuntu 15.10

2015-10-09 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le vendredi 9 octobre 2015 13:04:10 UTC+2, HG a écrit : > > I recompiled and now it works (in between I installed libssl-dev, but now > i have no latex. > > The LaTeX issue is being fixed: http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/19374 -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the

Re: [sage-release] Re: Anticipating ubuntu 15.10

2015-10-09 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le vendredi 9 octobre 2015 13:46:06 UTC+2, HG a écrit : > > Yes I read this ticket and thaught I wouldn't have this problem again ? > Hopefully the ticket branch should be merged before the final sage 6.9 is out (maybe in the next release candidate). -- You received this message because you

Re: [sage-release] Ubuntu PPA package and Jupyter notebook

2015-09-13 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi Jan, Le vendredi 11 septembre 2015 10:04:49 UTC+2, pipedream a écrit : > > > But this should go through tonight: > > https://bitbucket.org/aims_za/sagemath-upstream-binary/commits/30a4b479c406c87666857185c855a13514bfefb2 > > I've reinstalled the package yesterday, with sudo apt-get update sudo

[sage-release] Re: Ubuntu PPA and interactive access to the documentation

2015-09-13 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi Samuel, Le vendredi 11 septembre 2015 15:04:13 UTC+2, Samuel Lelievre a écrit : > > > Could anyone testing the dev version of the PPA confirm that > the interactive help works in version 6.8 of the PPA? > > I confirm it works. Best regards, Eric. -- You received this message because you

Re: [sage-release] Ubuntu PPA package and Jupyter notebook

2015-09-11 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi Jan, Le vendredi 11 septembre 2015 07:31:18 UTC+2, pipedream a écrit : > > Hi Eric > > Do you NOT get this error when using a binary from > http://www.sagemath.org/download.html ? Or do you NOT get this error with > from-source builds? When you say "installed manually". > I do NOT get it

Re: [sage-release] Ubuntu PPA package and Jupyter notebook

2015-09-11 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
are make and pkgs, there is no bin. Regards, Eric. > Regards, > Jan > > On 10 September 2015 at 22:28, Eric Gourgoulhon <egourg...@gmail.com > > wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> While testing the Ubuntu package *sagemath-upstream-binary-full* from >> AIMS PPA (

Re: [sage-release] Ubuntu PPA package and Jupyter notebook

2015-09-11 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi Samuel, Le vendredi 11 septembre 2015 08:42:42 UTC+2, Samuel Lelievre a écrit : > > To rebuild python, use > > sudo sage -f python2 > sudo sage -f python3 > > and NOT > > sudo sage -f python > > I've tried sudo sage -f python2 and got the same error message:

[sage-release] Ubuntu PPA package and Jupyter notebook

2015-09-10 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, While testing the Ubuntu package *sagemath-upstream-binary-full* from AIMS PPA (cf. this thread ), I've tried to run sage in Jupyter notebook via the command sage -n ipython The result is

[sage-release] Re: Sage 6.9.rc2 released

2015-10-05 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
> from notebook.notebookapp import NotebookApp Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 1, in ImportError: No module named notebook.notebookapp Le lundi 5 octobre 2015 21:37:52 UTC+2, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : > > > Le lundi 5 octobre 2015 21:17:43 UTC+2, Volk

[sage-release] Re: Sage-6.10.rc1 binaries test

2015-12-15 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, I've tried sage-6.10.rc1-Ubuntu_14.04-x86_64.tar.bz2 on a x86-64 laptop with Ubuntu 14.04. I've noticed some issues: 1/ The patching at first run took ages (12 min on Intel Core i5-2410 M with 4 GB RAM) (maybe one should warn the user about this, since he might expect a binary to run

[sage-release] Re: Sage-6.10.rc2 released

2015-12-17 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 15.10 64 bits (gcc 5.2.1, Intel Xeon E5-2623). Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 6.10.rc2 binaries test

2015-12-18 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, I've tested sage-6.10.rc2-Ubuntu_15.10-x86_64.tar on a Ubuntu 15.10 computer and got the following issue: ./sage -n jupyter results in the error message: Please wait while the Sage Notebook server starts... [I 11:01:15.391 NotebookApp] Using MathJax: nbextensions/mathjax/MathJax.js [W

Re: [sage-release] Re: Sage-6.10.rc1 binaries test

2015-12-17 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Le jeudi 17 décembre 2015 18:10:43 UTC+1, kcrisman a écrit : > > > I'd +1 that; I haven't tested these binaries yet since I don't have El > Capitan but I agree that is not very user-friendly. > Note that this issue is not specific to OS X: the long patching takes place with Linux as well

Re: [sage-release] Re: Sage-6.10.rc1 binaries test

2015-12-17 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le jeudi 17 décembre 2015 20:30:52 UTC+1, Volker Braun a écrit : > > The patching can be done faster, but it has to work first ;-) Also I'm > pretty sure that it even now is much faster than the unpacking of the > tarball. In any case I've added a message. > > > Thanks. I think that with a

[sage-release] Re: Sage 6.10.rc2 binaries test

2015-12-17 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
I've tested sage-6.10.rc2-Ubuntu_14.04-x86_64.tar.bz2. Looks good to me (the Jupyter issues are fixed). Thanks. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage-6.10.rc1 binaries test

2015-12-15 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Le mardi 15 décembre 2015 10:41:49 UTC+1, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : > > > 2/ The Jupyter notebook opened with ./sage -n jupyter starts with an > error message > > Failed to retrieve MathJax from '/nbextensions/mathjax/MathJax.js' > > Math/LaTeX rendering will be

[sage-release] Re: Sage-6.10.rc1 binaries test

2015-12-15 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
while it should be SAGE_ROOT/local/share/jsmol Le mardi 15 décembre 2015 21:35:12 UTC+1, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : > > Hi, > > Le mardi 15 décembre 2015 10:41:49 UTC+1, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : >> >> >> 2/ The Jupyter notebook opened with ./sage -n jupyter st

Re: [sage-release] Re: Sage 6.10.rc2 binaries test

2015-12-18 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
ange is that the sage binary is called "Ubuntu 15.10" and my distro is exactly that one, with the standard gcc shipped with it, i.e. gcc 5.2.1. > > François > > > On 18/12/2015, at 23:10, Eric Gourgoulhon <egourg...@gmail.com > > wrote: > > > &

Re: [sage-release] Re: Sage 6.10.rc2 binaries test

2015-12-22 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Le vendredi 18 décembre 2015 16:46:19 UTC+1, leif a écrit : > > > Not strange (although probably a flaw), but all binaries are built with > SAGE_INSTALL_GCC=yes AFAIK, so Sage is mainly built with GCC 4.9.2 which > ships with an older libstdc++. > > The issue will presumably vanish when we

Re: [sage-release] Re: Sage 6.10.rc2 binaries test

2015-12-22 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
. Best wishes, Eric. > > > > On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 9:40:25 AM UTC+1, Eric Gourgoulhon wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> Le vendredi 18 décembre 2015 16:46:19 UTC+1, leif a écrit : >>> >>> >>> Not strange (although probably a flaw)

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.0.rc0 released

2016-01-13 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 15.10 x86_64 with 8 Xeon E5-2623 v3 cpus and 16 GB memory, built is OK but make ptestlong failed with the message: -- sage -t --long --warn-long 42.4 src/sage/rings/real_double.pyx # 2 doctests failed

[sage-release] Fix for Sage 6.10 binary for Ubuntu 15.10

2016-01-12 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, As discussed in https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-release/yzb7O3o-kNQ/dSbHre1yBQAJ the current Sage 6.10 binary for Ubuntu 15.10 suffers from the fact that the file SageMath/local/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 mismatches the system version of libstdc++.so.6 (6.0.20 against 6.0.21). The

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.3.beta3 released

2016-06-06 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 15.10 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.3.beta4 released

2016-06-15 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 15.10 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.3.beta1 released

2016-05-27 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 15.10 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.0.rc1 released

2016-01-15 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
built OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 15.10 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.3.beta5 released

2016-06-25 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
After a fresh git clone + git pull origin develop, make failed with [dochtml] [geometry ] /home/eric/sage-git/beta9/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/geometry/hyperbolic_space/hyperbolic_geodesic.py:docstring of

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.1.rc0 released

2016-03-14 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Built OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 15.10 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. ./sage -n jupyter and ./sage -n seems OK. Just curious: during make ptestlong, an empty directory "home" has been created in the sage root directory; what's this ? Eric. -- You received this message because

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.1 released

2016-03-21 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Le lundi 21 mars 2016 07:31:43 UTC+1, Emmanuel Charpentier a écrit : > > FWIW, Sage 7.1+Trac#20190 passes ptestlong with no glitches nor errors on > Debian testng running on Corei7+16 GB RAM. > > Same thing (for pure Sage 7.1; I haven't checked #20190) on Ubuntu 15.10 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.3.beta0 released

2016-05-22 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
was from a fresh git clone. Le dimanche 22 mai 2016 15:27:33 UTC+2, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : > > Could this be related to > http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/20599 > (upgrade to IPython 4.2.0), where shutil_get_terminal_size is explicitly > mentioned in the ticket description? > >

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.3.beta0 released

2016-05-22 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Failed to build on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, with the error message: [repl ] ImportError: No module named shutil_get_terminal_size cf. details in the attached log. On the same computer, sage 7.2.rc1 built without trouble. Best regards, Eric. -- You received this message because you are

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.2.rc1 released

2016-05-09 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Thanks for having integrated the new Pynac. build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 15.10 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,

[sage-release] Re: Reverting blacklisting of GCC 4.8 (#20231)

2016-05-11 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
+1 for still supporting GCC 4.8 for a while (unless it's very troublesome): this is the GCC version of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, which is officially supported until April 2019. Eric. Le mercredi 11 mai 2016 17:40:44 UTC+2, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit : > > Hello Volker, > > would it be okay for you to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.2.rc0 released

2016-05-06 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
As it stands, symbolic calculus is quite severely broken in Sage 7.2: making any assumption on a symbolic variable turns it into an integer. For instance assume(x>0) yields sin(pi*x)=0. This has many undesirable consequences and users will probably complain a lot. Fortunately a fix is provided

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.2.beta4 released

2016-04-17 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, As reported in https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/M1its35KUwk/DW9fpDAsAwAJ there is a bug regarding basic trigonometry and assumptions in this version (as well as in previous 7.2.beta's, sorry for reporting only now). Eric. -- You received this message because you are

Re: [sage-release] 7.3.beta6

2016-07-13 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le samedi 2 juillet 2016 18:10:03 UTC+2, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : > > > Le vendredi 1 juillet 2016 19:07:16 UTC+2, William Stein a écrit : >> >> The docs fail to build with some issue with jmol producing images >> (again, Ubuntu 15.10 + many things installed systemwi

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.3.beta5 released

2016-06-27 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 15.10 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. (no issue with 3D plots in the doc, contrary to my other computer (Ubuntu 14.04), as reported previously). Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release"

Re: [sage-release] 7.3.beta6

2016-07-02 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Le vendredi 1 juillet 2016 19:07:16 UTC+2, William Stein a écrit : > > The docs fail to build with some issue with jmol producing images > (again, Ubuntu 15.10 + many things installed systemwide): > > I had exactly the same issue with sage 7.3.beta5 and Ubuntu 14.04:

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6.beta2 released

2017-02-03 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j8) build OK and make ptestlong resulted in all tests passed. However, I've noted some regression, most probably due to the upgrade to Maxima 5.39 introduced in #18920: the hyperbolic plane

[sage-release] Re: Why is gcc built?

2017-02-23 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi Simon, Le mercredi 22 février 2017 18:26:52 UTC+1, Simon King a écrit : > > But Ubuntu does not known > either gfortan5 nor gfortran5. > > Actually, it is gfortran-5, sorry for the typo (full name of the Ubuntu package: gfortran-5 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.2). I'll correct the wiki page

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.4.beta1 released

2016-08-19 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, On Ubuntu 16.04.1, after a fresh git clone + git pull origin develop + make, build failed with the message [sagelib-7.4.beta1] python -c "from sage_setup.autogen.interpreters import rebuild; rebuild('sage/ext/interpreters')" [sagelib-7.4.beta1] Building interpreters for fast_callable

Re: [sage-release] Re: Sage 7.4.beta1 released

2016-08-20 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le vendredi 19 août 2016 23:00:10 UTC+2, vdelecroix a écrit : > > Hi Eric, > > I guess it comes from #19213 (that assumes that pip is installed). > Thank you Vincent! I've installed the Ubuntu package python-pip and run make again: the build was successfull. I've got some message though:

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6.beta5 released

2017-02-28 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
>From a fresh git clone + pull develop on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 i7-6700HQ + 16 MB RAM, parallel (-j8) build OK and make ptestlong successful. Eric. Le dimanche 26 février 2017 19:49:45 UTC+1, Volker Braun a écrit : > > As always, you can get the latest beta version from the "develop" git >

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6.beta5 released

2017-03-01 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le mercredi 1 mars 2017 22:50:35 UTC+1, Dima Pasechnik a écrit : > > > it works for me. Perhaps you should run > > sage -f threejs > > and see if it helps. > > No, it does not help. Note that the issue is with the notebook (either Jupyter or legacy); in the console mode, it works. Eric. --

[sage-release] Re: Race condition with pip and the Sage library -- anyone?

2016-09-03 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Le vendredi 2 septembre 2016 20:24:27 UTC+2, leif a écrit : > > > Anyone else ever seen this (when building from scratch)? > > I had exactly the same issue when building from scratch on Ubuntu 16.04, as reported in https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-release/MhAwPVWfK28/yu4AvOfTBgAJ

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.4.beta4 released

2016-09-13 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04.1 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.4.beta5 released

2016-09-20 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04.1 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. Thebe live documentation in Jupyter notebooks works like a charm. This is a very nice add-on! Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.4.beta6 released

2016-09-28 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04.1 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.beta2 released

2016-11-10 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.4.rc2 released

2016-10-17 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.beta4 released

2016-11-25 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.beta3 released

2016-11-18 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
>From a fresh git clone, build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.4.rc0 released

2016-10-11 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.beta6 released

2016-12-12 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, after a fresh git clone + pull develop, make -j8 failled with the following error: === cd ../.. && sage-logger -p './sage --docbuild --no-pdf-links all html ' logs/dochtml.log [dochtml]

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5 released

2017-01-12 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone, parallel (-j8) build OK + make ptestlong passed. Thanks. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.rc1 released

2016-12-29 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le jeudi 29 décembre 2016 13:48:36 UTC+1, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : > > Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 i7-6700HQ + 16 GB > RAM > PS: it was a parallel build (-j8) from a fresh git clone + pull develop -- You received this message because you ar

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.rc1 released

2016-12-29 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 i7-6700HQ + 16 GB RAM Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.rc1 released

2016-12-29 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
PS: it w Le jeudi 29 décembre 2016 13:48:36 UTC+1, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : > > Build OK + make ptestlong passed on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 i7-6700HQ + 16 GB > RAM > > Eric. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release"

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.rc3 released

2017-01-08 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
>From a fresh git clone + pull develop on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 i7-6700HQ + 16 GB RAM, (parallel -j8) build OK + make ptestlong passed. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.rc3 released

2017-01-08 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le dimanche 8 janvier 2017 15:32:24 UTC+1, Volker Braun a écrit : > > True, seems like there is a problem in pushing versions to github. I think > its a git hook on trac.sagemath.org, not sure why it didn't work this > time. > > I pushed 7.5.rc3 to github by hand. > > Got it now. Thanks. Build

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.rc3 released

2017-01-08 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi Volker, When I do git pull origin develop I get only rc2. Here are my settings: git remote -v originhttps://github.com/sagemath/sage.git (fetch) originhttps://github.com/sagemath/sage.git (push) git branch -v * develop a6f8b9c Updated SageMath version to 7.5.rc2 master 1b1e6f6

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.5.rc2 released

2017-01-06 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
>From a fresh git clone + pull develop on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM: build OK + make ptestlong passed. Besides, I confirm that the update to pynac-0.7.3 fixes the bug reported at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/1cSEoYlVBZw/EkB77-vECwAJ -- You received this

Re: [sage-release] Sage 7.5.rc0 released

2016-12-23 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Same issue here when building from a fresh git clone on Ubuntu 16.04, with MAKE="make -j8" make : [dochtml] File "sage/ext/interpreters/wrapper_rdf.pxd", line 7, in init sage.plot.plot3d.parametric_surface

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.beta0 released

2017-03-31 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j8) build OK and make ptestlong successful. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6.rc2

2017-03-21 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j16) build OK and make ptestlong successful. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6.rc1 released

2017-03-17 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j8) build OK and make ptestlong resulted in -- sage -t --long --warn-long 48.9 src/sage/modular/abvar/abvar.py # Timed out sage

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6 virtual appliance

2017-04-03 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Thanks Volker! I've updated the ask.sagemath answers. Best regards, Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6.beta6 released

2017-03-04 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le samedi 4 mars 2017 13:24:08 UTC+1, fchap...@gmail.com a écrit : > > Trying to build with SAGE_PYTHON3=yes now fails much earlier than where it > should: > > [sagelib-7.6.beta6] Traceback (most recent call last): > [sagelib-7.6.beta6] File "setup.py", line 54, in > [sagelib-7.6.beta6]

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6.rc0 released

2017-03-13 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
>From a fresh git clone + pull develop on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 i7-6700HQ + 16 MB RAM, parallel (-j8) build OK and make ptestlong successful. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6.beta5 released

2017-03-03 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, Thanks to Paul Masson, the fix of the threejs issue is at https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/22488 Eric. Le mercredi 1 mars 2017 21:13:36 UTC+1, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : > > Hi, > > It seems that the three.js viewer is broken in this release: running > show(sphere(),

[sage-release] Re: Sage 7.6.beta5 released

2017-03-01 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Hi, It seems that the three.js viewer is broken in this release: running show(sphere(), viewer='threejs') in a Jupyter notebook results in a blank scene, along with the following warnings: [W 21:07:03.945 NotebookApp] 404 GET /home/eric/sage/7.6.beta5/local/share/threejs/three.min.js

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.beta1 released

2017-04-08 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le samedi 8 avril 2017 13:58:58 UTC+2, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit : > > From a fresh git clone + pull develop on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 i7-6700HQ + > 16 MB RAM, parallel (-j8) build OK and make ptestlong successful. > I've noticed a difference w.r.t. sage 8.0.beta0: make ptestlong creat

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.1.beta0 released

2017-07-31 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 (Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM), from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j16) build OK and make ptestlong failed with the same 3 errors in src/sage/rings/fraction_field_FpT.pyx as reported by Justin. But contrary to Justin, the errors are still there when running

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.1.beta2 released

2017-08-14 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 (Intel Core i7-6700HQ + 16 GB RAM), from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j8) build OK and ptestlong passed. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.rc2 released

2017-07-15 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 running on Core i7-6700HQ + 16 GB RAM, parallel (-j8) build OK, make ptestlong failed with a timed out in doctest/test.py: sage -t --long --warn-long 48.8 src/sage/doctest/test.py # Timed out after testing finished However, when run in standalone: ./sage -t --long

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0 released

2017-07-25 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le lundi 24 juillet 2017 19:01:53 UTC+2, Volker Braun a écrit : > > Binaries can now be found at http://www.sagemath.org/download.html > > Note: Debian 7 now fails to build with SAGE_FAT_BINARY because the linker > is too old. Debian 9 64-bit also failed with >

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.rc0 released

2017-06-30 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j16) build OK and make ptestlong passed. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.rc1 released

2017-07-06 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 with the default texlive install, the pdf documentation fails to build: ./sage -docbuild reference/algebras pdf results in (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/jknapltx/mathrsfs.sty) ! LaTeX Error: File `iftex.sty' not found. On the same machine, the pdf build is OK for

Re: [sage-release] Sage 8.0.rc1 released

2017-07-06 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
> install texlive-generic-extra > > François > > > On 7/07/2017, at 00:26, Eric Gourgoulhon <egourg...@gmail.com > > wrote: > > > > On Ubuntu 16.04 with the default texlive install, the pdf documentation > fails to build: > > ./sage -docbuild

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.beta4 released

2017-04-28 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j16) build OK; make ptestlong failed with the same error as for versions 8.0.beta2 and beta3: File "src/sage/calculus/calculus.py", line 1406, in sage.calculus.calculus.laplace Failed example:

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.1.beta1 released

2017-08-05 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 (Intel Core i7-6700HQ + 16 GB RAM), from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j8) build OK and ptestlong passed. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.beta6 released

2017-05-13 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
>From a fresh git clone + pull develop on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 i7-6700HQ + 16 MB RAM, parallel (-j8) build OK and make ptestlong passed except for the calculus doctest error discussed in #22833. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group.

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.beta12 released

2017-06-23 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j16) build OK, but make ptestlong failed with -- sage -t --long --warn-long 52.8 src/sage/doctest/test.py # Timed out after

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.beta8 released

2017-05-29 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j16) build OK; make ptestlong failed with sage -t --long --warn-long 50.1 src/sage/parallel/map_reduce.py ** File

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.beta9 released

2017-06-02 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j16) build OK + make ptestlong passed. Eric. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-release" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.beta11 released

2017-06-17 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
Le vendredi 16 juin 2017 18:44:29 UTC+2, Volker Braun a écrit : > > It looks like something in your Sage or IPython startup files > unconditionally enables ansi color. > > Thanks Volker! This is indeed the case: I've recently added the line %colors Linux to the file ~/.sage/init.sage Removing

[sage-release] Re: Sage 8.0.beta10 released

2017-06-12 Thread Eric Gourgoulhon
On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM, from a fresh git clone + pull develop, parallel (-j16) build OK, but make ptestlong failed with four files: sage -t --long --warn-long 51.6 src/sage/interfaces/expect.py # 1 doctest failed sage -t --long --warn-long 51.6

  1   2   3   >