Re: [sqlite] Size of Meta data ?

2008-01-04 Thread Kees Nuyt
Hi Yuva, On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:32:44 +0530, "Yuvaraj Athur Raghuvir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >Hello, > >Is there any way to estimate the size of the metadata of a SQLite database? > >I am trying to do the following: >1) Set the DB size using MAX_PAGE_COUNT and PAGE_SIZE parameters >2) I want

[sqlite] Size of Meta data ?

2008-01-04 Thread Yuvaraj Athur Raghuvir
Hello, Is there any way to estimate the size of the metadata of a SQLite database? I am trying to do the following: 1) Set the DB size using MAX_PAGE_COUNT and PAGE_SIZE parameters 2) I want to do a bulk insert. 3) However, I want to insert only those many records such that the insert succeeds.

[sqlite]For best Fragementation

2008-01-04 Thread Sreedhar.a
Hi, I am working in 3.3.6 C code. I created a database and i started inserting 100 records . After inserting i checked the database File.Say 98% of the database is filled and the remaining 2% is left out without use. Then i inserted next 100 records and i found again 2% is left out.So totally

Re: [sqlite] Possible UNICODE LIKE, upper(), lower() function solution

2008-01-04 Thread Jiri Hajek
Nice! I can imagine that this could be also used e.g. in FTS3, particularly unaccent() function could make searching for international users better. Thans for sharing your code, Jiri - To unsubscribe, send email to

Re: [sqlite] a newbie

2008-01-04 Thread gerardo cabero
aLGUNO QUE HABLE ESPAÑOL??? SALUDOS GERARD On 1/3/08, Scott Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hey guys, > > My name is Scott Berry and I am totally blind and a newbie to Sqlite. I > have two questions concerning Sqlite. The questions I have is I have an > Excel file which will be going in to

Re: [sqlite] Commit fails due to "database is locked" in active transaction

2008-01-04 Thread Lior Okman
Richard Klein wrote: Requiring the second transaction to complete first is expected in terms of SQLIte's concurrency system. So in terms of using SQLite, I need to close the entire transaction and restart it when I get a "database locked" return code in a writer thread? It's not enough to

[sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread Philip Butler
Hi all, I am revisiting this topic again - I have tried a LONG time ago and gave up I am wanting to use SQLite3 with PHP (5.2.5).. I have 2 issues... 1) I can't seem to compile sqlite3 on a Linux system. It wants to use TCL which I don't have installed. I

Re: [sqlite] Possible UNICODE LIKE, upper(), lower() function solution

2008-01-04 Thread Scott Hess
On Jan 4, 2008 8:43 AM, Nicolas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > It hadn't occurred to me that ICU might be so large as to make use of > alternative libraries interesting. When we port the relevant app in > OpenSolaris to use SQLite 3.x I'll look again at contributing patches > that add

Re: [sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread Chris Peachment
Ubuntu version 7.10 has available PHP version 5.2.3-1ubuntu6.2 that includes Sqlite3 version 3.5.2 accessible with both PDO and sqlite libraries. Personally, I prefer to use PDO because a single line change in the PHP code when declaring the database name to the PDO new() function

Re: [sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread drh
Philip Butler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am revisiting this topic again - I have tried a LONG time ago and > gave up > > I am wanting to use SQLite3 with PHP (5.2.5).. I have 2 issues... > > 1) > I can't seem to compile sqlite3 on a Linux system.

Re: [sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread Kees Nuyt
On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:09:48 -0500, Philip Butler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >Hi all, > >I am revisiting this topic again - I have tried a >LONG time ago and gave up > >I am wanting to use SQLite3 with PHP (5.2.5).. >I have 2 issues... > >1) >I can't seem to compile

Re: [sqlite] Possible UNICODE LIKE, upper(), lower() function solution

2008-01-04 Thread Nicolas Williams
I posted about this subject earlier too (in OpenSolaris we added Unicode tolower() and toupper() functions to SQLite 2.x). But the fact that SQLite 3.x already supports ICU disuaded me from pursuing the matter further. OpenSolaris has a light-weight Unicode API (licensed under the CDDL), much

Re: [sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread drh
Kees Nuyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > There are two flavours of PDO_sqlite: > > * php_pdo_sqlite > Has SQLite linked in. Depending on your Linux distribution > and/or your PHP version that might be an obsolete version of > SQLite. To clarify: SQLite does not change in incompatible ways. So

Re: [sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread John Stanton
You need to make a small change in the make file to get rid of the wretched tclsh and link sqlite3 from the library. Just use an earlier makefile as a template. Philip Butler wrote: Hi all, I am revisiting this topic again - I have tried a LONG time ago and gave up I am wanting to

Re: [sqlite]For best Fragementation

2008-01-04 Thread Cory Nelson
On Jan 4, 2008 4:04 AM, Sreedhar.a <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi, > > I am working in 3.3.6 C code. > > I created a database and i started inserting 100 records . > After inserting i checked the database File.Say 98% of the database is > filled and the remaining 2% is left out without use. >

[sqlite] Intro and question

2008-01-04 Thread Mike McGonagle
Hello all, My name is Mike "Mogo" McGonagle. I found SQLite about 3 months ago, and have beeen hooked ever since. As I am interested in using SQL in a multimedia environment, I have been working on connecting SQLite up with the data-flow/graphical programming language Pure Data. (

Re: [sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread drh
John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > You need to make a small change in the make file to get rid of the > wretched tclsh and link sqlite3 from the library. Just use an earlier > makefile as a template. > The problem with the TCL dependency was reported by tickets #2845 and #2846 and has

Re: [sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread Rob Sciuk
On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: You need to make a small change in the make file to get rid of the wretched tclsh and link sqlite3 from the library. Just use an earlier makefile as a template. The problem with the TCL dependency was

Re: [sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread John Stanton
I take your point about TCL and endorse it. Please excuse my irritation at finding that the makefile needed a little tweaking to install an upgrade. TCL is elegant, not wretched, but tclsh appearing in a generic makefile was a minor nuisance for a person who gets to be more of a curmudgeon

Re: [sqlite] Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread Kees Nuyt
On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:16:29 +, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: >Kees Nuyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> >> There are two flavours of PDO_sqlite: >> >> * php_pdo_sqlite >> Has SQLite linked in. Depending on your Linux distribution >> and/or your PHP version that might be an obsolete version of >>

RE: [sqlite] a newbie

2008-01-04 Thread Scott Berry
-Original Message- From: gerardo cabero [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 9:45 AM To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org Subject: Re: [sqlite] a newbie Sì yo hablo espanol. No Hablo espanol en muchos anos. Scott aLGUNO QUE HABLE ESPAÑOL??? SALUDOS GERARD On 1/3/08, Scott

[sqlite] memory leak on sqlite3_open

2008-01-04 Thread arbalest06
Good day! I have a C function that would open a database. But when i ran it in valgrind, it gave me the following leak: ==7230== ERROR SUMMARY: 0 errors from 0 contexts (suppressed: 16 from 1) ==7230== malloc/free: in use at exit: 272 bytes in 2 blocks. ==7230== malloc/free: 289 allocs, 287

Re: [sqlite] memory leak on sqlite3_open

2008-01-04 Thread drh
arbalest06 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Is this a valid memory leak? > No, it is not a real leak. But we used to get complaints about it about ever week so I reworked the code to make Valgrind stop complaining. That happened about 6 months ago. If you run with the latest version of SQLite

[sqlite] no mention of SQLite :(

2008-01-04 Thread Shane Harrelson
Embedded Database Vendors Face Challenges: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2243406,00.asp How could an article like this not mention SQLite?

Re: [sqlite] no mention of SQLite :(

2008-01-04 Thread drh
"Shane Harrelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Embedded Database Vendors Face Challenges: > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2243406,00.asp > > How could an article like this not mention SQLite? I don't know, but my guess is that the article was ghost-written by Steve Graves and he doesn't

[sqlite] Re: Trying to use SQLite3 with PHP5....

2008-01-04 Thread Aristotle Pagaltzis
* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-01-04 19:50]: > The Tool Control Language (TCL) is one of the most elegant and > power programming languages ever devised. TCL is not part of > the Algol family of languages (it is more closely related to > Lisp) which makes it difficult to grok for