Re: [SWCollect] Interplay (was: Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection?)

2004-06-16 Thread Pedro Quaresma
PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Interplay (was: Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection?) Peter Olafson [EMAIL PROTECTED] 15-06-2004 18:34 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect Actually, you can take Sierra out of the picture right now. It's no longer

[SWCollect] Interplay (was: Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection?)

2004-06-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
) Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 40K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect

Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection?

2004-06-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection? Marco Thorek [EMAIL PROTECTED] 15-06-2004 03:33 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect Jim Leonard schrieb: I was lucky enough to have a BW hand scanner (remember those?) that used a red scanning beam

Re: [SWCollect] Time to blend topics

2004-06-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Time to blend topics Marco Thorek [EMAIL PROTECTED] 15-06-2004 03:40 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect Pedro Quaresma schrieb: I still do that now and then to be honest. In Portugal many times we have to wait months or even years to get

Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection?

2004-06-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection? Jukka Eronen [EMAIL PROTECTED] 15-06-2004 10:17 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect I remember someone _handwriting_ the whole list

Re: [SWCollect] Time to blend topics

2004-06-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Time to blend topics Edward Franks [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09-06-2004 21:33 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect On Jun 9, 2004, at 3:20 PM, Stephane Racle wrote: Following up on this thread - the software industry often mentions billions

Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection?

2004-06-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: [SWCollect] Best copy protection? Jim Leonard [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12-06-2004 03:59 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect I used to think that the best copy-protection was Rocket

Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection?

2004-06-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Best copy protection? Dan Chisarick [EMAIL PROTECTED] 13-06-2004

Re: [SWCollect] Another one?!

2004-06-07 Thread Pedro Quaresma
.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Another one?! Jim Leonard [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04-06-2004 18:08 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect For anyone who already has this: Is anyone willing

Re: [SWCollect] Another one?!

2004-06-04 Thread Pedro Quaresma
PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Another one?! Jim Leonard [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03-06-2004 16:53 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect Are these particularly rare? I wouldn't imagine this fetching a lot, but then again I'm not an Origin devotee so I

Re: [SWCollect] Apple II Reunion Party

2004-05-24 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Opalescent, 40K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: [SWCollect] Apple II Reunion Party John Romero

RE: [SWCollect] So obviously Mt. Drash is no longer rare....

2004-05-24 Thread Pedro Quaresma
7867000 (ext. 3492) Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 40K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: RE

RE: [SWCollect] So obviously Mt. Drash is no longer rare....

2004-05-17 Thread Pedro Quaresma
) Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 40K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: RE: [SWCollect] So

Re: Re: [SWCollect] Mailing list work

2004-05-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. ;) (getting sweaty)...I can't breathe.I CAN'T BREATHE..GGG! From: Marco Thorek [EMAIL PROTECTED] Date: 2004/05/13 Thu PM 06:40:05 EDT To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Mailing list work Jim Leonard

Re: Re: [SWCollect] Ultima cloth maps

2004-05-03 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Joe said: You have just confirmed that The Origin Museum is INCOMPLETE! Haha, do you want more evidence? Ready to go on two or three more quests? :) ;) -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e Desenvolvimento Lotus

Re: [SWCollect] And then one day, the Holy Grail is found

2004-04-01 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Joe wrote: I too have found another 'sealed' copy of 'Origin Audio CD-Volume 1' (I bought it off of Ebay in Q4 of 2003). I now have two. I also know someone else (Ben Lesnick) who got a 'sealed' copy as well (he got it from Ebay in Q4 of 2003). Yes you probably got them from the same person I

[SWCollect] And then one day, the Holy Grail is found

2004-03-30 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Hello list, I have this theory: I know I will find, cheap (I have the principle of not paying more than $50 per computer game), all the items I'd really like to have in my Ultima collection. Time has proven that I'm right. It has happened so far with the Ultima items I'm most proud of, like the

RE: [SWCollect] And then one day, the Holy Grail is found

2004-03-30 Thread Pedro Quaresma
(ext. 3492) Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 39K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: RE

Re: [SWCollect] eBay change

2004-03-02 Thread Pedro Quaresma
.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] eBay change Stephane Racle [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01-03-2004 17:27 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect It is? Sub-category of which category? I don't see

Re: [SWCollect] eBay change

2004-03-01 Thread Pedro Quaresma
PROTECTED] // +351 22 7867000 (ext. 3492) Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 38K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma

RE: [SWCollect] Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/ADD/SSI - info and questions

2004-02-27 Thread Pedro Quaresma
) Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 38K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: RE: [SWCollect] Sierra

Re: [SWCollect] unsubscribe swcollect

2004-02-27 Thread Pedro Quaresma
) Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 38K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect

Re: [SWCollect] Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/ADD/SSI - info and questions

2004-02-26 Thread Pedro Quaresma
[EMAIL PROTECTED] // +351 22 7867000 (ext. 3492) Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 38K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro

Re: [SWCollect] Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/ADD/SSI - info and questions

2004-02-26 Thread Pedro Quaresma
: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/ADD/SSI - info and questions Jukka Eronen [EMAIL PROTECTED] 26-02-2004 10:07 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect Pedro Quaresma wrote: There is also an Erbe spanish reedition of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

RE: [SWCollect] Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/ADD/SSI - info and questions

2004-02-26 Thread Pedro Quaresma
The KIXX re-releases of the Lucasfilm games have very little value. Just $5-$10 for Maniac Mansion and Zak. Not 100% true. The Amiga KIXX reedition of Monkey Island is famous because it has no copy protection :) Many KIXX games were sold with no copy protection, which is (was?) imho great. --

Re: [SWCollect] Hotel info

2004-02-09 Thread Pedro Quaresma
May I suggest some names? Robert Woodhead/Andrew Greenberg, David W. Bradley, Ali Atabek, Lori Ann Corey Cole, Al Lowe... Howard Feldman wrote: Looks like it might be feasible after all though, yay! If that's the case, we can start brainstorming for a list of possible guest speakers and come up

Re: [SWCollect] Talking about rarity/value

2004-01-30 Thread Pedro Quaresma
playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Talking about rarity/value Alexander Zöller [EMAIL PROTECTED] 30-01-2004 15:18

Re: [SWCollect] Rarity Scale

2004-01-28 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Prius '01, Aqua Ice Opalescent, 37K km., Esperanza 'People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: [SWCollect] Rarity Scale

Re: [SWCollect] 5.25s vs. 3.5s

2004-01-21 Thread Pedro Quaresma
. They grow old because they quit playing.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: (bcc: Pedro Quaresma/SCAETANO) Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] 5.25s vs. 35s Jim Leonard [EMAIL PROTECTED] 20-01-2004 21:29 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect Feldhamer

Re: [SWCollect] Mt. Drash cassette and market value

2004-01-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Lee K. Seitz wrote: Second was a vintage Pac-Man tie. Again, I'd never seen one, just the ad in the back of a video game book I'd gotten in the early '80s. I put the fact I wanted one in my signature, so it got posted all over Usenet. Not sure if you're interested, but there's a pair of Pac-Man

Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics

2004-01-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Howard, How old is The Search for Freedom? About 7 or 8 years ago, when RPGs were hard to come by, I scavenged the net for about every shareware RPG in existance, and I remember playing one that looked a lot like tSfF. Shareware RPGs... ah... those were the days! :D Pedro PS: A big Bem

Re: [SWCollect] DOSBox: Getting DOS games to run easily

2004-01-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Thanks for the report Jim, looking forward to check that one out too. Nevertheless, the important question remains: will it run Ultima 7 with its Voodoo Memory System? ;) -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e

Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics

2004-01-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Edward Franks wrote: On Jan 14, 2004, at 11:07 AM, Pedro Quaresma wrote: [Snip] Me too, but it's still too arcade-ish. It didn't seem that way to me, but then I play a fair amount first person shooters. Combat seemed reasonably fluid. It is a good thing we have some variety

Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics

2004-01-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Jim Leonard wrote: Pedro Quaresma wrote: extremely enjoyable. It's actually my 2nd favorite combat system ever. What's your 1st? Faery Tales Adventures 2: Halls of the Dead. Combat is turn based, but if you leave the left mouse button pressed, each turn runs faster until it becomes real

Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics

2004-01-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
or 1996. It was actually one of only about 4-5 'real' shareware RPGs available at the time. Pedro Quaresma wrote: Howard, How old is The Search for Freedom? About 7 or 8 years ago, when RPGs were hard to come by, I scavenged the net for about every shareware RPG in existance, and I remember

Re: [SWCollect] DOSBox: Getting DOS games to run easily

2004-01-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
: [SWCollect] DOSBox: Getting DOS games to run easily Edward Franks [EMAIL PROTECTED] 15-01-2004 16:09 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect On Jan 15, 2004, at 3:29 AM, Pedro Quaresma wrote: Thanks for the report Jim, looking forward to check that one out too. Nevertheless, the important

[SWCollect] Buying online items (was: [SWCollect] Modern classics)

2004-01-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Holmes Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] A/C: Ref: cc: Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics Jim Leonard [EMAIL PROTECTED] 13-01-2004 18:03 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect Pedro Quaresma wrote: I've never bought online items but I don't see the problem in paying

[SWCollect] RPG suggestions (was: Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics)

2004-01-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
suggestions, thank you. Pedro Quaresma wrote: I have given perhaps too many suggestions :) I can be more specific if you tell me exactly what you enjoy the most on a RPG. Combat/story driven? Turn based/real time/phased/action combat? First person/3rd person perspective? Does good gfx/sound

Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics

2004-01-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Edward Franks wrote: On Jan 13, 2004, at 12:31 PM, Jim Leonard wrote: [Snip] Things I look for in an RPG: - turn-based combat. You aren't going to find many games that do turn-based combat these days. Temple of Elemental Evil is the only one that springs to mind and that has had

Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics

2004-01-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Edward Franks wrote: On Jan 14, 2004, at 9:40 AM, Pedro Quaresma wrote: [Snip] Morrowind is a superb game, highly moddable (I run about 30 mods on my game, mostly visual effects and items) and with a very nice and original setting. On the other hand it does have two major flaws (for me

RE: [SWCollect] Modern classics

2004-01-13 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Sorry, but I find that kind of remark offensive. I've never bought online items but I don't see the problem in paying for things that give you a certain degree of enjoyment. Are tobacco smokers losers and idiots? Well they spend a fortune on tobacco only to see each cigar vanishing in 3

Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics

2004-01-13 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Jim Leonard wrote: Pedro Quaresma wrote: Please don't get me started on Planeboring: Torment. That game should never have been a RPG. Ah yes, Pedro, our resident RPG snob. ;-) If Planescape: Torment is a bad RPG by your standards, could you explain why? Is it all the dialog, or bad

Re: [SWCollect] Early MPOG

2004-01-13 Thread Pedro Quaresma
This raises another question. Which one was the first known MPOG sold in a box? I'd risk saying Shadows of Yserbius or Neverwinter Nights. Yserbius wasn't online-only, so I'm not sure it should count. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and

[SWCollect] Conversation with Robert Nendel (Synergistic Software)

2004-01-12 Thread Pedro Quaresma
OK here's all the information Robert Nendel gave me, quoted verbatim and cut from his emails. The conversation started as I asked him if Robert Clardy had programmed Warriors of Legend: He [Ed: Robert Clardy] designed it [Ed: Warriors of Legend] - I wrote it ( programmed ) I developed the

Re: [SWCollect] Modern classics

2004-01-12 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Jim Leonard wrote: - Planescape: Torment. Due to the lack of sales back then, hence comparably small quantities are available, and the legendary status it is gaining ever since, many people now seem to try to get a hold of it. Personally I consider it the greatest RPG I played so far. I just

Re: [SWCollect] Mt. Drash cassette and market value

2004-01-09 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Speaking of Synergistic Software, I recently had the chance to exchange emails with Robert Nendel, lead programmer for Warriors of Legend and other Syn. Soft. games. If anyone's interested, I can share some stories/facts about those days in Syn. Soft. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT

Re: [SWCollect] Technology never ceases to amaze

2003-12-29 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Dan Chisarick wrote: So two questions: Can you think of any technical innovation in games in the past few years that really jumped out and made you say gee whiz? I was pretty impressed with the pixel shading used in games like Morrowind, that gave a realistic feeling of flowing water. Does

Re: [SWCollect] When did you discover ebay?

2003-12-29 Thread Pedro Quaresma
April 25th 1999 here. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e Desenvolvimento Lotus Notes / Lotus Notes Administration and Development [EMAIL PROTECTED] // +351 22 7867000 (ext. 3492) Toyota Prius '01, Aqua Ice

[SWCollect] Sandalwood box (was: Vintage games w/fatal flaws)

2003-12-09 Thread Pedro Quaresma
PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pedro Quaresma Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 1:25 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Vintage games w/fatal flaws Jim Leonard wrote: I'd have to throw in my entering the words of Truth, Love and Courage in the wrong order after spending 2.5 hours getting

Re: [SWCollect] [Fwd: Re: 5.25 disks?]

2003-12-09 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Marco Thorek wrote: IMHO the best copy protection still is a neat box, a nice and sufficient manual and some props to go along. If all you get is a DVD case and a PDF manual on the CD, most people don't see enough physical evidence of the game's worth, compared to what is readily available on the

Re: [SWCollect] Vintage games w/fatal flaws

2003-12-05 Thread Pedro Quaresma
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 05-12-2003 05:07 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect One word: Darklands. On Dec 4, 2003, at 10:26 AM, Pedro Quaresma wrote: Darksun 2 (SSI) was an excellent RPG with the exception that it was virtually unfinishable due to the huge amount of bugs it had. SSI later

Re: [SWCollect] Vintage games w/fatal flaws

2003-12-05 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Jim Leonard wrote: I'd have to throw in my entering the words of Truth, Love and Courage in the wrong order after spending 2.5 hours getting to the bottom of a certain 8-level dungeon to get the Codex of Infinite Wisdom just to be kicked back to the surface. Augh! (Its corveramo , no

Re: [SWCollect] Vintage games w/fatal flaws

2003-12-04 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Darksun 2 (SSI) was an excellent RPG with the exception that it was virtually unfinishable due to the huge amount of bugs it had. SSI later released a patch but some of the bugs remained (having your best weapons occasionally vanish can be the most frustrating thing on a RPG), so IIRC they

Re: [SWCollect] How to protect against theft of big-money items?

2003-12-02 Thread Pedro Quaresma
For special items you could also state that you won't accept bidders with less than, for example, 100 feedback. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e Desenvolvimento Lotus Notes / Lotus Notes Administration and

[SWCollect] You think you know them all and then suddenly...

2003-12-02 Thread Pedro Quaresma
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemitem=3062932635category=4315 After finding that 4-game bundle that included Ultima 6 and a gravis gamepad, I thought I had seen the last of Ultima-including bundles, but I guess I was just plain wrong! -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div.

Re: [SWCollect] Ultima 11

2003-09-09 Thread Pedro Quaresma
CE wrote: It's the game, drawing us to it. I've long speculated that we don't find the games, the games find US. B-) Having recently purchased my most wanted game version (Ultima 6 10th ann. edition) for $35, only a few months after getting that big box Ultima 2 for $25, I now believe you

Re: [SWCollect] Coin identification

2003-09-08 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Hi everyone, just got back from vacations. That coin is from Chaos Strikes Back, I have a one too which I got inside a Wizardry 4 (!). I remember doing some research back then that led me to conclude that it was from CSB and not from DM. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas

[SWCollect] (OT) Kids games

2003-08-04 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Sorry for being off-topic again. Lately, my 2 years and 3 months old son has become obsessed with an Amiga game I have, called Guldkorn Expressen (aka Kalas Puffs Expressen). It's a simple game in which the player controls a bear that drives a train to catch some corn-flakes-thingies with the

Re: [SWCollect] Bard's Tale 1 packaging variations

2003-07-29 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Judging from the fine print on image 1, I'd say that's a more recent version, since they make the disclaimer that screenshots shown are for the Amiga version, other versions may be different etc. Image 2 has none of that, probably since all versions then had same quality of gfx. I have no Amiga

Re: [SWCollect] Surprised

2003-07-24 Thread Pedro Quaresma
That kid (and all the Wasteland fans) may get lucky soon. Brian Fargo, not on Interplay anymore, bought the Bard's Tale license. Maybe he'll get the Wasteland license next. Speaking of which, will we see all the old masters coming back to their classic titles? Sid Meier bought the licenses of

Re: [SWCollect] Fw: I'm looking for information and/or a game.

2003-06-25 Thread Pedro Quaresma
There is a game called Deuteros: The Next Millenium by Activision. It's a XCom-like game AFAIK. Could this be the one? http://www.jgb.abelgratis.co.uk/DATA/D/DEUTE.HTML http://www.classicgaming.com/amigareviews/deuteros.htm -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação

Re: [SWCollect] Shareware collection

2003-06-05 Thread Pedro Quaresma
When I discovered the Internet, I used to download every shareware RPG I could get my hands on. I wrote reviews and took notes about them and have at least sent one for publishing at a shareware review site. I have burned all those RPGs on a CD, but the Empire Demo, being a strategy game, isn't

Re: [SWCollect] Lure of the Temptress

2003-04-02 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Couldn't agree more. My vote too. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e Desenvolvimento Lotus Notes / Lotus Notes Admnistration and Development [EMAIL PROTECTED] // +351 22 7867000 (ext. 3492) It has become

Re: [SWCollect] Couple questions about recent unobtainables

2003-03-18 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Hi Stephen and everyone, I've seen The Final Chapters being mentioned by software pirates here in Portugal. I cannot help you as to where it was released though. I don't visit Portuguese gaming shops that often so I have no clue if it's for sale around these parts. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador

[SWCollect] Need to find these games!

2003-02-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Hi, Sorry for being off-topic. I really need to find these games for a person I know: Wayne Gretzky Hockey (PC) Gridiron (Atari ST) Gridiron (Commodore Amiga) I think I can get the first from eBay, but the others seems to be more difficult to get. I need them to be [VG,VG] in the very least,

Re: [SWCollect] The first? -- Thread was King's Quest 1

2003-02-11 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Speaking of months: if I'm not mistaken, Akalabeth and Temple of Apshai were released in the same year, thus becoming the first two RPGs ever. But which one was released first? Pedro -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division

Re: [SWCollect] Huge lot of old software

2003-02-07 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Very nice and still at a very acceptable price. If I lived in the USA I'd most probably go for it. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e Desenvolvimento Lotus Notes / Lotus Notes Admnistration and Development

Re: [SWCollect] Software collecting videos

2003-02-04 Thread Pedro Quaresma
- There's a VHS tape in the game Daemonsgate, no idea if it has any promotional video or not. - I believe there are some Richard Garriott videos in the Ultima 9 Dragon Edition CDs? At least one of him explaining the Virtues -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação

Re: [SWCollect] New topic--Collectors UNITE!

2003-02-04 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Welcome aboard Richard! And sorry for forgetting you Marco :) Adam - 17 Alexander - 24 Steve - 25 Brad - 26 (which month?) Stefan - 26 (December) Karl - 26 (September) Pedro - 26 (April) Stuart - 27 C.E. - 28 Stephen Lee - 29 Marco - 30 Dan - 31 Lee - 32 John R. - 35 Richard B. - 36 (which

Re: [SWCollect] New topic--Collectors UNITE!

2003-02-04 Thread Pedro Quaresma
I collect RPGs in general for the following platforms (in order of preference): IBM AppleII Amiga C64 Atari ST Sinclair Spectrum (probably not worth mentioning as I believe there are only two interesting/known RPGs on it: Bard's Tale and Times of Lore) I usually skip RPGs that do not exist on

Re: [SWCollect] Software collecting videos

2003-02-04 Thread Pedro Quaresma
through them... Steve - Original Message - From: Pedro Quaresma To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 1:44 AM Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Software collecting videos - There's a VHS tape in the game Daemonsgate, no idea if it has any promotional video or not. - I believe

Re: [SWCollect] New topic--Collectors UNITE!

2003-02-03 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Adam - 17 Alexander - 24 Steve - 25 Brad - 26 (which month?) Stefan - 26 (December) Karl - 26 (September) Pedro - 26 (April) Stuart - 27 C.E. - 28 Stephen Lee - 29 Dan - 31 Lee - 32 John R. - 35 Chris N. - 36 Joe - 38 Edward - 39 So we can now conclude that the average collector is named

[SWCollect] Quaresma's Law! (was: Ebay Gets Crazier and Crazier)

2003-02-03 Thread Pedro Quaresma
I had to dig deep into my mailbox to find the original definition of Quaresma's Law, here is how the whole thing started: Pedro: Seriously, that is a hell of a bundle. Easily worth around $1500 USDs on eBay. Alexander: $1500? Nah. The FM Towns games fetched $100 - $350 on eBay in the past, but

[SWCollect] Portuguese Ultima 9

2003-02-03 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Hi all, Last year, a Portuguese magazine edited and released many hits for a nice price, and Ultima 9 was one of them. These games were sold in DVD case, along with a small magazine, and with a plastic shell around it (I have no pictures of it, but I'm working on it!) Due to Steve and Alexander

Re: [SWCollect] Geekness! (was: Re: [SWCollect] Gosh, you look weird)

2003-01-31 Thread Pedro Quaresma
: Re: [SWCollect] Geekness! (was: Re: [SWCollect] Gosh, you look weird) Jim Leonard [EMAIL PROTECTED] 31-01-2003 08:50 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect Pedro Quaresma wrote: I'll start: Last time I got a cellphone I asked for 858462 (ULTIMA) on its number. Since it wasn't available

Re: [SWCollect] Chris Foreman's Gay Pride Shrine

2003-01-30 Thread Pedro Quaresma
I'm speechless, this is too much. I can't remember the Terms of Agreement (or whatever it's called) when I joined eBay, but I'm sure there's something explicit against this sort of behaviour? Stefan was partially kidding, but someone _could_ sue eBay for having auctions with such

Re: [SWCollect] Thanks for the help with LotL

2003-01-30 Thread Pedro Quaresma
LOL!!! :D So does that mean that the Question of Life, the Universe and Everything is: What is Tom's age? ;D -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e Desenvolvimento Lotus Notes / Lotus Notes Admnistration and

Re: [SWCollect] Gosh, you look weird

2003-01-30 Thread Pedro Quaresma
And here's one of the most recent of mine, taken at work. http://www.dcc.online.pt/~c9707061/prq.jpg (do notice the Penguin standing upon a WindowsNT box! ;) ) -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e

Re: [SWCollect] New topic--Collectors UNITE!

2003-01-30 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Alexander - 24 Steve - 25 Brad - 26 (which month?) Stefan - 26 (December) Karl - 26 (September) Pedro - 26 (April) Stuart - 27 C.E. - 28 Dan - 31 Lee - 32 John R. - 35 Chris N. - 36 Joe - 38 Edward - 39 Average is increasing: 29,93 Of the list regulars we still miss Jim and... Tom :) Also, Adam

Re: [SWCollect] Gosh, you look weird

2003-01-30 Thread Pedro Quaresma
weird Stefan Lindblom [EMAIL PROTECTED] 30-01-2003 11:29 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect My GOD! This guy looks so serious, so totally empty.. like his spark of life is gone. That's is, I am never getting married. ;) - Original Message - From: Pedro Quaresma To: [EMAIL

RE: [SWCollect] New topic--Collectors UNITE!

2003-01-29 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Dan Chisarick wrote: Me - 31 Wasn't too far off! :) Updated list. Alexander - 24 Steve - 25 Stefan - 26 Pedro - 26 Karl - 26 Stuart - 27 C.E. - 28 Dan - 31 John R. - 35 Chris N. - 36 Joe - 38 Current average: 29,27 Someone said he was 32. Who was it? Also Karl, in which month were you

Re: [SWCollect] New topic--Collectors UNITE!

2003-01-29 Thread Pedro Quaresma
LOL sure laddie! ;) I was born in April. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e Desenvolvimento Lotus Notes / Lotus Notes Admnistration and Development [EMAIL PROTECTED] // +351 22 7867000 (ext. 3492) It has

Re: [SWCollect] New topic--Collectors UNITE!

2003-01-29 Thread Pedro Quaresma
: Pedro Quaresma To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 4:04 PM Subject: Re: [SWCollect] New topic--Collectors UNITE! LOL sure laddie! ;) I was born in April. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e

Re: [SWCollect] Legend of the Lost?

2003-01-28 Thread Pedro Quaresma
After a quick search I found that it was also released for the Atari ST. No idea if it's valuable or not. -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de Informação / Systems and Information Division Administração e Desenvolvimento Lotus Notes / Lotus Notes Admnistration and

Re: [SWCollect] King's Quest 1

2003-01-23 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Jim Leonard wrote: Jagged Alliance: Strategy, subgenres Role-Playing. Birthright: Same as Jagged Alliance, with Medieval Fantasy thrown in. Europa 1400: The Guild: Strategy, subgenres Managerial. I can agree on the first two, but I'd think this one could be Adventure :) King of Dragon Pass:

Re: Re: [SWCollect] King's Quest 1

2003-01-23 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Hugh Falk wrote, I found one flaw right here: Since there is no such thing as an RPG that isn't also an adventure, or strategy, or action game, RPG becomes a sub-genre instead of a main one. There are certainly RPGs that aren't adventure (or other genre) games. Agreed. I think Hero Quest

RE: Re: [SWCollect] King's Quest 1

2003-01-23 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Pedro Sez... As a sidenote on interfaces, I believe Ultima 6 was the first game to have both an icon-based interface _and_ also an initial based one ('O' for open, 'C' for cast, etc). I think most people, even those who were not used to the previous game, barely used the icons. Times of Lore

Re: [SWCollect] King's Quest 1

2003-01-22 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Jim Leonard wrote: What made Lucasarts games worth playing, thankfully, were the clever and engaging storylines and puzzles, which were good enough to force people through the awful interface. Clever and engaging storylines, agreed (up to a certain period), but awful interface? I admit the first

Re: [SWCollect] King's Quest 1

2003-01-22 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Jim Leonard wrote: Trust me, I can classify them. :) Genres haven't blurred; people's minds have. Go ahead -- hit me with something difficult. Jagged Alliance, Birthright. Wait, want really difficult ones? OK then: Europa 1400 The Guild, King of Dragon Pass :) -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador

RE: [SWCollect] Some people push it...

2003-01-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
: MASTER [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Pedro Quaresma Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 8:12 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [SWCollect] Some people push it... Sorry for being a tad off topic, but couldn't avoid mentioning this. I think some people do push their greed too far? http

Re: [SWCollect] Some people push it...

2003-01-15 Thread Pedro Quaresma
description manuals.) - Original Message - From: Pedro Quaresma To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 2:31 AM Subject: RE: [SWCollect] Some people push it... Well, I think all those are just normal compilations. You can get 99% of those games with some patience

[SWCollect] Some people push it...

2003-01-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Sorry for being a tad off topic, but couldn't avoid mentioning this. I think some people do push their greed too far? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemitem=3000880366category=11050 Yup that's right. A Quest for Glory Collection for $149 with a BIN of $160. And I wouldn't be too

RE: [SWCollect] Some people push it...

2003-01-14 Thread Pedro Quaresma
To change the change of topic slightly, anyone got some nominations for anthologies that really are worth having? I'd toss my personal favorite First Ultima Trilogy (for the Apple no less) into the ring (and after hunting for it forever I've seen no less than 5 on ebay after getting one). My

Re: [SWCollect] Current MobyGames poll

2003-01-13 Thread Pedro Quaresma
This is something I discussed once with either Alexander Zöller or Richard Pickles: I believe the main reason that makes the mentioned games valuable was the emptiness of good adventures in the post-Monkey-Island-2 90s. The list mentioned by Stuart below are but a part of some good adventures

Re: [SWCollect] Current MobyGames poll

2003-01-10 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Jim Leonard wrote: Good grief, check ebay item #1948523698 -- a used, opened System Shock 2, EA Classics release, going for over $50 canadian?? You can get that new for $14! Sheesh. Some people are uneducated :) That's what me and Alexander Zöller call an example of Quaresma's Law :) That's a

RE: [SWCollect] Current MobyGames poll

2003-01-08 Thread Pedro Quaresma
And if variations count (which I think should do, since in the poll one option clearly specifies a CD version of a game), rare versions like 10th Anniversary Ultima 6 / Savage Empire should count or the CD version of System Shock -- Pedro R. Quaresma Salvador Caetano IMVT Div. Sistemas de

RE: [SWCollect] Current MobyGames poll

2003-01-08 Thread Pedro Quaresma
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 08-01-2003 15:43 Solicita-se resposta a swcollect The CD version of System Shock isn't so rare either...I've seen it on ebay lots of times for $20 or so. Stuart -Original Message- From: Pedro Quaresma [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 3

Re: [SWCollect] Slash versions of Sierra titles?

2003-01-03 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Hi, I have a Slash release of Quest for Glory 2 (1990). I think Slash did a bit of every company out there, I admit I was surprised to see Slash versions of titles like Magic Candle 1 and Might Magic 3. Only exception seems to be the Origin games? There's no Slash version of any Origin game I

Re: [SWCollect] Obsessions....

2002-12-30 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Joe Garrity wrote: *Origin Audio CD Volume 1--ACQUIRED! I found this quite by accident in an old used software store. The female-asian manager referrs to me as 'That Origin Guy', and she's nice enough to hold things for me. She handed it to me, and said,I know this isn't a game, but it

Re: [SWCollect] Merry Christmas!

2002-12-24 Thread Pedro Quaresma
Merry Xmas to you Marco and to everyone else!Pedro--Pedro R. QuaresmaSalvador Caetano IMVTDiv. Sistemas de Informao / Systems and Information DivisionAdministrao e Desenvolvimento Lotus Notes / Lotus Notes Admnistration and Development[EMAIL PROTECTED] // +351 22 7867000 (ext 3492)It has become

  1   2   3   >