Re: [systemd-devel] systemctl is-active

2018-01-15 Thread vcaputo
On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:17:52AM +0100, Michał Zegan wrote: > Hello. > When systemctl is-active was added? > I need this to check if I can safely use it to check if unit is active > if I don't have prior knowledge about the systemd version I am running > this on, this is for an ansible playbook.

[systemd-devel] systemctl is-active

2018-01-15 Thread Michał Zegan
Hello. When systemctl is-active was added? I need this to check if I can safely use it to check if unit is active if I don't have prior knowledge about the systemd version I am running this on, this is for an ansible playbook. signature.asc Description: OpenPGP digital signature

[systemd-devel] How to handle untagged hexvalues in systemd code?

2018-01-15 Thread Olaf Hering
I submitted a correct and tested patch via https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/7581, which was using sscanf("0028f0", "%x",). During discussion I was soft-forced to use systemd helper functions. These (strtoull based) helpers expect "0x...", which sysfs does not provide. As a result

Re: [systemd-devel] EXT :Re: EXT :Re: systemctl start second.service first.service

2018-01-15 Thread Reindl Harald
Am 15.01.2018 um 15:36 schrieb Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS): come on and solve the call below that way while at boot and shutdown they all get started/stoppe din right order automatically! You sure do have a funny way of asking for help! Not saying you're wrong, just probably not the most

Re: [systemd-devel] EXT :Re: EXT :Re: systemctl start second.service first.service

2018-01-15 Thread Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS)
> come on and solve the call below that way while at boot and shutdown they all > get started/stoppe din right order automatically! You sure do have a funny way of asking for help! Not saying you're wrong, just probably not the most productive way to get the result you want from people. Kevin

Re: [systemd-devel] EXT :Re: systemctl start second.service first.service

2018-01-15 Thread Reindl Harald
Am 15.01.2018 um 14:39 schrieb Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS): you can't Require mysql because it's wrong when postgresql is used you can't Require postgresql because it's wrong when mysql is used Why wouldn't the mysql/postgres/mariadb packager have a section as follows: [Install]

Re: [systemd-devel] EXT :Re: systemctl start second.service first.service

2018-01-15 Thread Reindl Harald
Am 15.01.2018 um 14:39 schrieb Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS): you can't Require mysql because it's wrong when postgresql is used you can't Require postgresql because it's wrong when mysql is used Why wouldn't the mysql/postgres/mariadb packager have a section as follows: [Install]

[systemd-devel] automount fails with generic "resources" error

2018-01-15 Thread Olaf Hering
Since I discovered the automount feature I started to add it to fstab, as shown below, on several systems with various versions of systemd. Most of the time it works fine. But sometimes units fail to start. Google does not give much hints about that, nor a pointer what limits must be raised to

Re: [systemd-devel] EXT :Re: systemctl start second.service first.service

2018-01-15 Thread Mantas Mikulėnas
On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 3:39 PM, Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS) < kevin.bo...@ngc.com> wrote: > > you can't Require mysql because it's wrong when postgresql is used you > can't Require postgresql because it's wrong when mysql is used > > Why wouldn't the mysql/postgres/mariadb packager have a section

Re: [systemd-devel] EXT :Re: systemctl start second.service first.service

2018-01-15 Thread Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS)
> you can't Require mysql because it's wrong when postgresql is used you can't > Require postgresql because it's wrong when mysql is used Why wouldn't the mysql/postgres/mariadb packager have a section as follows: [Install] Alias=database.service Then you could have other services reference the

Re: [systemd-devel] systemd-journald missing crash logs

2018-01-15 Thread Lennart Poettering
On Fr, 12.01.18 16:13, Farzad Panahi (farzad.pan...@gmail.com) wrote: > I am running Arch-ARM on RPi3. I have noticed when system crashes I cannot > find any related crash log in journal logs. What specifically is a "crash" supposed to mean? journald syncs to disk whenever a log message above

Re: [systemd-devel] Multiple services using the same core service?

2018-01-15 Thread 林自均
Hi folks, I re-designed my units as follows: # sshd-core.service [Unit] Description=OpenSSH Daemon After=network.target [Service] ExecStart=/usr/bin/sshd -D ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID KillMode=process Restart=always # sshd-shell.service