Sunday, December 6, 2009, 11:23:36 PM, you wrote:
Sunday, December 6, 2009, 9:33:11 PM, among other things, you wrote:
TH I have tried re-installing TB twice now with the same results. I
TH failed to mention before that even getting web pages from TB takes
TH forever sometimes.
This kind of variability can be due to server overloading or heavy traffic
to the particular web address. i.e. nothing to do with TB.
TH Again, I excluded the fact that this is related to server
TH overloading... I ran my other two email clients with no issues
We were talking about SENDING mail, not receiving it!
TH I'm referring to both sending and receiving.
It is possible that subsidiary programmes may be slowing things down on the
receiving side. Did all the mail clients have EXACTLY the same anti
and anti spam programmes operating during your receiving tests?
TH Yes, except for the AntiSpamSniper I have for TB.
OK Tim, to find out if TB is really the culprit, and why, we need to repeat
the comparative tests with all paramaters exactly the same with all three
e-mail clients. I suggest therefore you try the download tests with all of
the following in place:
1. Your anti virus programme turned off.
2. AntiSpamSniper and any other antispam programme turned off.
3. All message filtering turned off.
4. Any firewall programme turned off.
Windows Firewall Always Off... No Third Party Firewall... Using
Firewall in Router Only
To try to avoid any 'nasties' download first with your antvirus still
operating, but 'leave messages on the server'. Then run your tests as
quickly as possible thereafter with the antivirus turned off.
If you will be kind enough to do as I suggest and let us all know
the results we will then take it from there.
Here's the status of running this test. I sent a total of five emails
to myself and each one took exactly 15 seconds to send. This is very
odd... it appears TB has decided to time itself out until 15 seconds
has elapsed before processing outgoing mail. Before anyone jumps to
conclusions, my immediate send is selected. I did not run tests on
Current version is 18.104.22.168 | 'Using TBUDL' information: