[tw5] Re: Action equivalent of click on link and other enhancements

2019-05-26 Thread PMario
On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 11:24:36 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote: > > Unfortunately not! > > It opens a new tiddler called "file://path/executable.exe". > Did you test it with "forward slashes?" like: " file:///C:/Windows/notepad.exe"?? -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to

[tw5] Re: Shopping for Android & Windows -- Systems the world uses ... :-)

2019-05-26 Thread PMario
Hi Tony, I think you forgot about the WebDav savers, which IMO are a little bit underestimated. -mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: Looking to host a TiddlyWiki online for team project.

2019-05-26 Thread PMario
Hi, Just to be precise. ... The WebDav savers have been also tested with Apache and Nginx setups using linux or docker environments. .. So it should be an OS independent possibility. -mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To

[tw5] Re: Looking to host a TiddlyWiki online for team project.

2019-05-26 Thread PMario
Hi, Some time ago I did publish a short Video series, about: *How to use TW with Webdav and IIS on windows*. So if you have a Windows environment, you can use simple Authentication. ... I'm sure your IT

[tw5] Re: Action equivalent of click on link and other enhancements

2019-05-25 Thread PMario
Hi, may be you can use the <$action-navigate $to="file://path/executable.exe"/>. Didn't test it. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: TiddlyWiki for project management: How to deal with Tasks from different projects requiring the same title?

2019-05-25 Thread PMario
Hi Ed, On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 2:30:16 AM UTC+2, Ed Edson wrote: ... > I hope this is an appropriate question for this forum. > :) it is! > What is a good way to deal with projects that contain tasks with the same > name? > > For example, many of my projects involve doing a bit of

[tw5] Re: TiddlyWiki for project management: How to deal with Tasks from different projects requiring the same title?

2019-05-25 Thread PMario
Hi Ed, You could have a closer look to existing editions. - https://tid.li/tw5/tdn.html ... ToDo Now - https://reidgould.github.io/tiddlywiki-dropboard/ ... Dropboard have fun! mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To

[tw5] Re: Action equivalent of click on link and other enhancements

2019-05-25 Thread PMario
Hi Tony, You could probably use the linkcatcher widget. It allows you to define actions, that are executed if a link is clicked. https://tiddlywiki.com/#LinkCatcherWidget -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from

[tw5] Re: What are $:/rev/20180916.04:09:42.tid files?

2019-05-23 Thread PMario
On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 3:34:02 PM UTC+2, talha131 wrote: ... > I think a while ago I tried a version control plugin (developed by JD) and > then removed it. These files could the remnants of that plugin. > That's a possibility. You can open them in edit mode and have a look what they

[tw5] Re: What are $:/rev/20180916.04:09:42.tid files?

2019-05-23 Thread PMario
HI, They are probably generated by 1 of your plugins. ... They are not from core. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: Transcluding all tiddlers with tag:123 with the name of the current tiddler within the text

2019-05-20 Thread PMario
Hi, Tibias Beer made a good summary of examples of all kind: http://tobibeer.github.io/tw/filters/#Filter%20Examples:%5B%5BFilter%20Examples%5D%5D%20%5B%5Bdependent%20selects%5D%5D have fun! mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki"

[tw5] Re: Query -- Are we neglecting "Restore" from default "Download Saves"?

2019-05-20 Thread PMario
On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 3:06:14 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > Repeat for email users... > Hi, - OT What is this post good for? -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

Re: [tw5] Re: Visual Design Thoughts, #14 revision T7

2019-05-20 Thread PMario
On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 4:49:00 PM UTC+2, Mohammad wrote: > > Hi Jeremy, > > I strongly support this! Having css frameworks in TW can boost it and lets > easily adopt it for different uses like elegant web pages. > Like Mario, I recommend a more up to date CSS even the lifetime of them > are

[tw5] Re: Inspirational thoughts about using tags

2019-05-20 Thread PMario
Hi, Thx for sharing the link. ... Is this a find, or your text? -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To

Re: [tw5] Re: Visual Design Thoughts, #14 revision T7

2019-05-19 Thread PMario
On Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 3:37:42 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote: > > I’m keen to introduce a new default theme as part of a future v5.2.x > version of TW5. I’d definitely be wanting to use an off-the-shelf > framework, and tend to favour the simpler ones that focus on typography, > such as

[tw5] Re: Batch tagging for TCG wiki

2019-05-19 Thread PMario
Hi, You can have a closer look to the tiddler $:/Manager . and $:/TagManager . have fun! mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To

[tw5] Re: javascript in text/html tiddlers?

2019-05-19 Thread PMario
Hi, script tags are sanitized by tiddlywiki, because of security risks. -mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: Visual Design Thoughts, #14 revision T7

2019-05-16 Thread PMario
On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 5:49:58 AM UTC+2, Mohammad wrote: ... > In Shiraz I tried to adopt part of bootstrap css framework! I think TW > will be much more powerful then! > In a Galaxy Far Away and Long Ago TiddlyWiki used

[tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-12 Thread PMario
Typo fixed in above post. That's why it was replaced with TW5 DataTiddlers. ... -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-12 Thread PMario
umans AND DictionaryTiddlers can't handle multi-line values. -m [1] https://tiddlywiki.com/#DataTiddlers On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 11:40:59 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > Ciao PMario & all > > Regarding the AIM: *to provide ability to have line breaks in fields*. > >

[tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-12 Thread PMario
On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 12:45:45 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > I do think there is a difference between field structure and field > manipulation and in that sense I, perhaps naively, find the approach > slightly confusing (BUT do like the ultimate aim :-) > Hi, It's good to get

[tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-12 Thread PMario
On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 12:45:45 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: ... > The confusion for me, I think, is Tiddlers Have Fields Already so why are > we adding others a different way rather than changing field behaviour? > The problem is, that we don't have a structure, that allows us to use

[tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-12 Thread PMario
On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 11:53:43 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: .. > But I'm slightly uncomfortable with using the text field as a surrogate > field-holder. It seems counter-intuitive? > It's very similar to the existing macro definition .

[tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-11 Thread PMario
On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 6:23:37 AM UTC+2, Reece Shaw wrote: > > Hey y'all, RK from the discord. > Hi If I want to display the text of a user field (say, user-defined-field) > *and* format it I have to then workaround by somehow editing Tiddler1 's > user-defined-field while also making

[tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-11 Thread PMario
Hi Diego, On Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 2:55:44 PM UTC+2, Diego Mesa wrote: This is a nice idea. It also seems related to an "Advanced Edit Mode" I > described here: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3308 > Good catch :) -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed

Re: [tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-11 Thread PMario
On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 5:18:20 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote: ... > If I understand the proposal correctly, the idea is that one could type > multiline fields into the main textarea of a tiddler with the following > syntax: > > \field my-field > Paragraph 1 > > Paragraph 2 > \end > >

[tw5] Re: For keeping track of folded tiddlers

2019-05-09 Thread PMario
Hi, Nice! THx for sharing! -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to

[tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-09 Thread PMario
On Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 3:04:16 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote: ... > This sounds interesting can you please clarify. Are you saying, Such > "field" definitions would make the content in the field pragma become a > value of this "Virtual Field". > Not a "Virtual Field" a real field. The same as

[tw5] Re: IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-08 Thread PMario
Proposed Spec. (this post will be updated.) 1) field names must be lower-case (same a now) 2) Fields, that contain 1 line of text stay in the text area eg: \field my-field 1 line of text \end 3) "1 liners" will be converted into fields when the tiddler is saved eg: - they go to the field

[tw5] IDEA Multi-line Fields ... Possible implementation

2019-05-08 Thread PMario
Hi Folks, Just reading an other thread in the group: Change initial field/textarea setup . I had an idea about multi line fields, which are requested here quite a bit. The default UI for inserting fields is a bit "heavy

[tw5] Re: Fix for Firefox Screwup

2019-05-05 Thread PMario
Hi Folks, A new version of FF was pushed. So if you go to About: Help you can update. ... After the update my AddOns where back :) -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from

[tw5] Re: [TOC] Table of Content - refactoring - ... again ;)

2019-05-05 Thread PMario
On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 5:50:03 PM UTC+2, Mohammad wrote: ... > I have two comments > Thx for testing. > >1. By default when you open a tiddler from TOC on the sidebar it is >open at top of story list and this makes confusion. You clicked on TOC > item >from top to bottom

[tw5] Re: [TOC] Table of Content - refactoring - ... again ;)

2019-05-03 Thread PMario
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 12:13:58 PM UTC+2, TonyM wrote: ... > Thanks for your responses. On the last item I am happy to use either > modified edit templates or view templates since the idea of an update > template is just a controlled or form based edit which is a non generic > tiddler edit

[tw5] Re: [TOC] Table of Content - refactoring - ... again ;)

2019-05-03 Thread PMario
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 2:36:59 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote: ... > Thanks these improvements look great. > Thx, >- Can we used the value of the "viewed tiddler" in other operations? > > Yes. I did call it "focused-tiddler". It's a new field in the $:/HistoryList tiddler ... Changes to

[tw5] Re: [TOC] Table of Content - refactoring - ... again ;)

2019-05-02 Thread PMario
Uuups, Zip file can be found here: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3627#issuecomment-488696527 -mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

[tw5] [TOC] Table of Content - refactoring - ... again ;)

2019-05-02 Thread PMario
Hi Folks, I did just upload a video, that shows some "work in progress" info about the TOC macros . There are some visual improvements. - There are some "regression" fixes, that came with the last version - New "Sidebar: Open" behaviour - highlight selected

[tw5] Re: TagCloud plugin

2019-04-21 Thread PMario
Hi Folks, Word-Clouds and Tag-Clouds come up from time to time. ... They are "kind of" beautiful. ... But they also should be informative!. More pros and cons can be seen in a thread from 2016

[tw5] Re: Re-installing TiddlyWiki

2019-04-14 Thread PMario
Hi, since you use win10, WebDav could be an option. I did create 3 short videos, how to activate it. How to use TiddlyWiki with IIS and WebDAV have fun! mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed

[tw5] Re: Re-installing TiddlyWiki

2019-04-13 Thread PMario
On Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 7:33:17 PM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote: > > If you don't mind putting your tw file in a download directory or > sub-directory, then Pmario's file-backup add-on is the way to go. Here's the link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/file-backups/ .. There is

[tw5] Re: Lately, the $set widget has been intruding on my peace

2019-04-12 Thread PMario
Hi, I did a short search for the pattern and found *2 more *tiddlers that may be optimized. core/ui/StyleSheet.tid and core/templates/single.tiddler.window.tid -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group

[tw5] Re: Lately, the $set widget has been intruding on my peace

2019-04-12 Thread PMario
Hi, A very good catch. ... AND since the PageTemplate is used all the time there may be a tiny speed boost ;) <$set name="languageTitle" value={{{ [{$:/language}get[name]] }}}> creates this widget tree, which is 1 step away from the html output. { "type": "widget", "children": [

[tw5] Re: Query -- Changing creation date in a human actionable way? -- #creationDate

2019-04-08 Thread PMario
On Monday, April 8, 2019 at 9:58:27 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > I want to manipulate creation times so that filters will work to produce a > correct date ordering for a CV via filters in the simplest fashion. > hmmm, IMO a very bad idea. ... You should never touch the tiddler "created"

[tw5] Re: this publication and the visualisation is great - Niklas Luhmann Archiv

2019-04-08 Thread PMario
Hi, A very interesting approach. Thx for sharing! -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this

Re: [tw5] Searching In Tiddler Fields

2019-04-08 Thread PMario
Hi, Have a look at my field-search plugin . There is an intro video, if you follow the link. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this

[tw5] Re: Tiddlywiki on Node.js: Backup

2019-04-04 Thread PMario
On Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 5:31:16 PM UTC+2, Mohammad wrote: > > Many thanks Mario! > I will have a look and inform you how it works for me! > I did a little bit more testing. - The minimum "backup period" is 10 minutes. - Triggering a manual "Backup run" is not trivial, since the setting

[tw5] Re: Tiddlywiki on Node.js: Backup

2019-04-04 Thread PMario
On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 7:04:16 PM UTC+2, Mohammad wrote: > > Actually I am using TW on Node.js on a Windows machine and I like to have > a backup of the tiddlers I change! > Windows 10 has a built in file history function, which is disabled by default. ... The only thing you need is a

[tw5] Re: Fraalancer Needed to Customize TiddlyWiki to a Project Scheduler

2019-03-30 Thread PMario
Hi Ams, Which OS do you and your team use? -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group,

[tw5] Re: the #brexit macro ...

2019-03-28 Thread PMario
:) no, No, nO, NO, no, No, nO, NO, -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email

[tw5] Re: Help with testing the TiddlyWiki Link

2019-03-28 Thread PMario
Hi Adrian, I'm using Win10, FF66.0.2 and your link works, but it loads a little bit slow. So you may consider a "splash screen ". have fun! mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

[tw5] Re: TW / Cardo on Android

2019-03-26 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 1:40:55 PM UTC+1, Jeff wrote: > > Thanks Mario! I'll have a look at that. I appreciate your quick response. > Ah, And don't forget to activate the "Backups" setting in the AddOn config screen. ... It's off by default. -m -- You received this message because you

[tw5] Re: TW / Cardo on Android

2019-03-26 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 12:56:56 PM UTC+1, Jeff wrote: > > I have flirted with using TW over the years and have actually started to > use it on several occasions. My real desire is to use the *Cardo Plugin* > and have it available on my Windows computer and on my Android phone. Both >

[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander Plugin: New update 0.0.15

2019-03-26 Thread PMario
On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 6:51:26 PM UTC+1, Mohammad wrote: > > Hi Josiah, > The reason was to not share those filter with advanced search, but I > will have a look and I will also check the PMario bundler! > By the way I agree to be able to integrate these! > Be careful

[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander Plugin: New update 0.0.15

2019-03-26 Thread PMario
Hi, Josiah pointed (PM) me to this post. On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 5:23:51 PM UTC+1, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > One thing I do not understand in Commander is why you chose that saved > filters are tagged $:/tags/Commander/Filter rather than going for the > existing and well functioning

[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander Plugin: New update 0.0.15

2019-03-26 Thread PMario
Hi folks! First of all @Mohammad: I wasn't aware, that all of this can be done with TW macros. GREAT WORK! ... I've found 2 things that caught my attention immediately. see: 2 Styleshees

[tw5] Re: Do we have musicians in our community?

2019-03-25 Thread PMario
Changed video link On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 6:13:42 PM UTC+1, PMario wrote: > > Hi folks, > > I need some "free" music 4:47 to add to this video > <https://youtu.be/ktE_WnuVm2M>. I did search quite a bit, but I couldn't > find something that I did like

[tw5] Do we have musicians in our community?

2019-03-25 Thread PMario
Hi folks, I need some "free" music 4:47 to add to this video . I did search quite a bit, but I couldn't find something that I did like. Have fun! mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

[tw5] Re: [Bug] Misplaced closing p tags.

2019-03-25 Thread PMario
Hi, I had a closer look. There seems to be a problem with the validator in strict mode. If you open the TW source 2 lines above is the opening p-tag. BUT at the moment TW UI creates some unnecessary "invalid" p-tags. ... So the validator may be confused. ... --- Be aware! The

[tw5] Re: [Bug] Misplaced closing p tags.

2019-03-25 Thread PMario
Hi, You are right. the div and the p tag have to change places. I'll create a fix and a PR. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: A question of rendering

2019-03-20 Thread PMario
On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 1:16:36 PM UTC+1, Mohammad wrote: > > Hello Mario, > Thank you! when you say the hidden part is removed from DOM, does it mean > the script inside the ELSE-part will not be run? In other words, if retain > is set to no (default) and content is hidden, does still

[tw5] Re: A question of rendering

2019-03-20 Thread PMario
Hi Mohammad, Have a look here: https://tiddlywiki.com/#RevealWidget Especially the retain parameter. TW has to calculate the condition for both widgets, _but_ the hidden elements are removed from the DOM, by default. So if the content is hidden, It won't cause any performance impact, since

[tw5] Re: workaround for apache webdav

2019-03-19 Thread PMario
Hi, Also see the INTRO thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/kBfqChfLnRk -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: workaround for apache webdav

2019-03-19 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 1:42:43 PM UTC+1, Lost Admin wrote: > > I wonder if that is going to make it into the core saver if/when it is > determined to be stable. I would happily add compression to my WebDav sites > at that point. > Hi, It would be nice, if you could test it with your

[tw5] [INTRO] WebDav PUT saver plugin which allows server side compression

2019-03-19 Thread PMario
Hi folks, I did just release a WebDav PUT saver plugin , which has a slightly different behaviour than the core. This plugin is *BETA *at the moment. -> Please test and give feedback here or at github [1]. - This plugin takes precedence

[tw5] Re: workaround for apache webdav

2019-03-19 Thread PMario
Hi folks, I did upload BETA 0.1.0 ... https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/webdav-lm/ It would be nice to get feedback. I did test it with IIS and FF. have fun! mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this

[tw5] Re: workaround for apache webdav

2019-03-18 Thread PMario
Hi, Did you try to disable server side compression, AND did it work out? I want to upload a new plugin later today. .. I can PM you an experimental version, if you want to test and give feedback. have fun! mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

[tw5] Re: Specifying the Type attribute for a list

2019-03-17 Thread PMario
Hi, If you want to set things globally just create a new stylesheet tiddler with this content ol li { list-style-type:upper-alpha; } ol li li { list-style-type:lower-alpha; } ol li li li { list-style-type:upper-roman; } Using with ordered lists # test ## asdf ### test No extra chars

[tw5] Re: workaround for apache webdav

2019-03-16 Thread PMario
Hi, Do you use WebDav in a local setup, or is it exposed to the web? -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: workaround for apache webdav

2019-03-16 Thread PMario
Hi, WebDav works fine with the latest PUT saver, if you *disable server side compression*. I did create a proof of concept using the *last-modified *header attribute. It basically works in the same way as etags, but also allows you to compress the wiki over the wire. My implementation

[tw5] Re: Specifying the Type attribute for a list

2019-03-13 Thread PMario
On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 10:32:48 PM UTC+1, passingby wrote: > > Is the a wiki text way to specify the list item type like '1' 'A' 'a' 'I' > 'i' and their start attribute ? or do we have to define and use custom css > classes? > CSS classes. see:

[tw5] Re: Table cell colors do not span cell width

2019-03-13 Thread PMario
Hi John, Have a closer look here: https://tiddlywiki.com/#Tables%20in%20WikiText use this: |myClass|k |>| Brimstone |h |>| {{Brimstone Image External}} | |>| //Foul smelling yellow crystals used in dark rituals// | |Type | Ingredient | Create a new tiddler eg: myTableStyles tag it:

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-12 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 8:21:40 PM UTC+1, Ste Wilson wrote: > > Mario, your awesome. :) But how should the link look like? -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-12 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 3:48:59 PM UTC+1, Diego Mesa wrote: > > Hey Mario, > In my mind the consistenct of unilink has been: > > [[What-I-Want-To-Type|What-I-Want-To-Display]] > H, I can see the argument. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-12 Thread PMario
Hi, For me an alias has 2 major advantages. .. 1 Less to type (for the lazy folk ;) 2 Links don't break, if tiddler gets a new title. IMO the OP should also be for "the lazy folk" ;) -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-12 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 3:48:59 PM UTC+1, Diego Mesa wrote: > > ... In Stephen's first post, he mentioned giving every tiddler an alias of > its title, allowing you to use unilink unmodified. > As I understand it, he don't want to give them an alias. -m -- You received this message

Re: [tw5] Re: Paragraph tags in layout

2019-03-12 Thread PMario
Hi Arlen, None of the links work for me. using FF latest. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to

Re: [tw5] Re: Paragraph tags in layout

2019-03-12 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 3:17:10 PM UTC+1, JD wrote: ... > Still workable though and not really that bothersome. In fact it helps > sometimes when I'm too lazy to add top and bottom paddings to divs. > Yea, That's the culprit. I wich it would have been a much "uglier" side effect. We

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-12 Thread PMario
Hi, There is 1 more problem. Searching for case insensitive titles will produce 2 or more links if titles "overlap" eg: [[This Title]] and [[this Title]] will both match [[this title|?l]] at the moment. The user will be responsible here! -m -- You received this message because you are

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-12 Thread PMario
Hi Ste, and everyone interested, I did create an experimental version, (which I won't publish atm), that has the following functions. [[alias|?]] ... default alias link [[alias|?t]] ... use alias and display title [[alias|?c]] ... use alias and display caption [[alias|?s]] ... use alias and

Re: [tw5] Re: Paragraph tags in layout

2019-03-12 Thread PMario
Hi, The problem with the existing mechanism is, that "whitespace matters" for a good reason, as Jeremy explained. The backside of the coin bites us with UI generation. ... The TW UI has grown over time quite a bit. We have about 300 shadow tiddlers, that match the search term $:/core/ui. At

[tw5] Re: Saving TW classic in modern browsers

2019-03-10 Thread PMario
Hi, Have a look at: https://pmario.github.io/file-backups/ have fun! mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: off/on beat thought on taggery ...

2019-03-09 Thread PMario
On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 5:17:06 PM UTC+1, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > "All Tiddlers are Equal, but some Tiddlers are More Equal than Others." > I think "All Tiddlers are Equal and some Tiddlers are different". -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

[tw5] Re: off/on beat thought on taggery ...

2019-03-09 Thread PMario
Hi TT, If you talk about google-group-tags here you may use ggTags, or something similar. ... Tags are used in TW. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

[tw5] Re: Accessing result of html embed in TiddlyWiki

2019-03-09 Thread PMario
On Friday, March 8, 2019 at 2:26:06 AM UTC+1, TonyM wrote: > > This should be possible even if with a plugin since file save and backup > tools can save backup files, and presumably check for the existence of > existing backups. > Hi Tony, You can __not__ check the filesystem, if a file exists.

Re: [tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-08 Thread PMario
On Friday, March 8, 2019 at 1:24:57 AM UTC+1, TonyM wrote: ... > Is there a way to make a caching operation available to super users of > TiddlyWiki? > They are very low level and for a specialized purpose. ... eg: backlink detection requires the function to create a parse-tree for the

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-07 Thread PMario
@Ste ... That's a great source! http://stephenteacher.tiddlyspot.com/ -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-06 Thread PMario
On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 1:35:12 PM UTC+1, Ste Wilson wrote: > > For me the title as alias would be perfect. I think, that's the way to go. > I have a small number where I can add other aliases individually. I > guess the actual problem then is the next bit of Diego's widget/ filter

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-06 Thread PMario
Hi, On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 1:38:07 AM UTC+1, TonyM wrote: ... > Why are you [[doing this|Doing This]] . Is it just that you feel titles > look better in Caps and not in line in the text. > ... Uni-link was developed aminly because of this statement: Alberto Molina wrote at TW group

[tw5] Re: CodeMirror plugin javascript error/bug?

2019-03-05 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 9:28:43 PM UTC+1, BurningTreeC wrote: > > and/or we put a try { require(...) } catch(e) { > $tw.notifier.notify(dependency xy missing, plz install addon so-und-so); > return false; } ino the addons? this may be an option. ... but plugin activation order should be

[tw5] Re: CodeMirror plugin javascript error/bug?

2019-03-05 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 5:21:54 PM UTC+1, BurningTreeC wrote: @pmario, I think we should add red sign on the install banner when you > click on open plugin-library ... > Yea, we need to do something. ... If I use CM I always start with the edition, because I don't want t

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-05 Thread PMario
Hi, I did create a new issue: https://github.com/wikilabs/plugins/issues/33 -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw5] Re: Unilink and my possibly unrealistic wants...

2019-03-05 Thread PMario
Hi Stephen, You are right: Alias links are _not_ case-sensitive. So the aliases field can work with [[lower letters]] only if you want. I personally prefer single-word aliases, because they are faster to type. ... I did think about a possibility, to go for the tiddler title, if I don't find

[tw5] Re: CodeMirror plugin javascript error/bug?

2019-03-05 Thread PMario
Hi, Have a look at the ControlPanel here: https://tiddlywiki.com/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/#%24%3A%2FControlPanel May be you missed to install some dependencies. ... There is no automatic dependency resolving mechanism. atm. ... We don't have the tools to create one at the moment. -m

[tw5] Re: Confused about CodeMirror plugins

2019-03-04 Thread PMario
Hi, If you open tiddlywiki.com, create a new tiddler and hit: -L for create link, you can start typing Hello and you'll probably get what you want. IMO no need for plugins. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe

Re: [tw5] Re: Section Names using ID for internal Links

2019-03-04 Thread PMario
Hi, The biggest problem, I see, with this mechanism is, that anchor IDs must be unique. If you open a new tiddler and insert this: {{Section Names using ID for internal Links}} you'll have a problem. The whole anchoring thing is in an undefined state now. So if the user clicks a link it may

[tw5] Re: Confused about CodeMirror plugins

2019-03-04 Thread PMario
Hi, You may try this edition. https://tiddlywiki.com/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/ and start from there. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

Re: [tw5] Test for existence of macro

2019-02-28 Thread PMario
On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 4:57:31 AM UTC+1, Mal wrote: > > but the "!" does not seem to be working. If you try a similar > arrangement to test for non-existence of a tiddler, using "!is[tiddler]", > it does work as expected. > > I think I will raise this as a GitHub issue. > This

[tw5] Re: SNR: Search and Replace in Tiddler Fields

2019-02-28 Thread PMario
fixed a typo in the last post :) -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to

[tw5] Re: SNR: Search and Replace in Tiddler Fields

2019-02-28 Thread PMario
On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 7:54:26 AM UTC+1, Mohammad wrote: > > Announcement: SNR > > This is a simple script, search-n-replcae (*snr*) to search in tiddler > contents (including all fields) for a searchValue and replace them with > replaceValue. > Nice work! --- OT

[tw5] Re: [INTRO] Field Search Plugin

2019-02-27 Thread PMario
On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 7:41:13 PM UTC+1, Mohammad wrote: > > Questions: > > Is it possible to also have the field tab in advanced search? > It uses a tw core mechanism. So it's also there in AdvancedSearch .

[tw5] Re: [INTRO] Field Search Plugin

2019-02-27 Thread PMario
... -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.

  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   >