[tw5] Re: passing multiple strings into a template?

2019-03-16 Thread 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
What you want to do is change how the tiddler presents its content in view 
mode. But you don't want every tiddler to change how it appears.

Typically in this situation, you use a (real) template. Or actually, you 
modify the view template. To indicate that you want this tiddler treated 
differently, you typically do something like tag it with a special manner. 
Let's say you tag all quotes with "Quote". Although, if you never use 
"attribution" anywhere else, you could use the existence of that field. But 
for the moment, let's go with tag Quote.

Back up your TW, just in case. You might want to try this on TiddlyWiki.com 
just to see how the flow goes.

Create your tiddler with populated field "attribution". Put the text of the 
quote in the text box, because it's big and easy to edit. ;-) Put a tag 
"Quote" on the tiddler. Save it.

Edit the following tiddler (I'm assuming that you have a recent edition of 
TW -- I'm doing this based on v 5.1.19) :  

$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body

Paste in the following contents and save the tiddler:


<$list filter="[all[current]!tag[Quote]]">
<$reveal tag="div" class="tc-tiddler-body" type="nomatch" stateTitle=<
> text="hide" retain="yes" animate="yes">

<$list filter="[all[current]!has[plugin-type]!field:hide-body[yes]]">

<$transclude>

<$transclude tiddler="$:/language/MissingTiddler/Hint"/>







<$list filter="[tag[Quote]]">
“<$view 
field="text"/>”-<$view field="attribution"/>


Your tiddler should now appear formatted with text and attribution.

Note that what this does is wrap a <$list> structure around the original 
contents of the tiddler and displays them when the tag is not "Quote". Then 
it adds a 2nd <$list> to display your template text when the tag is "Quote" 
. So the lower part is the part you want to edit if you want to tweak your 
design. If you're using a recent version of TW, then the text should work 
out of the box.

Now any tiddler you tag with "Quote" will have it's text and attribution 
formatted per your template text.

HTH
-- Mark


On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 7:49:54 PM UTC-7, Elijah wrote:
>
> Because then I can't get that tiddler too to display the formatted quote. 
> At least, that is how it is currently. Right now, the tiddler with the 
> quote, and attribution fields has the {{tiddler||template}} in the main 
> text field.
>
> I'll give you a "real" example to help explain.
>
> This is the template:
>
>  left style="font-size: 200%">“<$view 
> field="quote"/>” style="font-size: 150%">-<$view field="attribution"/>
>
> It's title is "$:/eab/block-quote".
>
> I have a tiddler literally called "untitled note" (untitled note is the 
> default title for new tiddlers in my Tiddlywiki, and this one just happens 
> to be the first note I added to the Tiddlywiki), it has the following 
> contents:
>
> text field:
>
> {{untitled note||$:/eab/block-quote}}
>
> "quote" field:
>
> Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into 
> a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the 
> bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow 
> or it can crash. Be water my friend.
>
> And "attribution" field:
>
> Bruce Lee
>
> And so the tiddler "untitled note" itself displays (without the CSS, 
> approximately):
> “
> Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into 
> a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the 
> bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow 
> or it can crash. Be water my friend.
>   
>   ”
> -Bruce Lee
>
> Which is exactly what I want to display. What I want though is to not have 
> to use the "quote", and "attribution" fields at all, because of the above 
> mentioned "issues", especially that which is that I can't have 
> multi-paragraph quotes with this current setup. Maybe this is the best way 
> to do it though, in which case I'll just rework the the template to accept 
> an arbitrary number of fields, one for each paragraph of a quote, and then 
> display them accordingly, which now that I'm thinking about it, may not be 
> that difficult
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9085c4b5-9d8b-488e-8b03-9456b7ed265f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: passing multiple strings into a template?

2019-03-16 Thread Elijah
Because then I can't get that tiddler too to also display the formatted 
quote. At least, that is how it is currently. Right now, the tiddler with 
the quote, and attribution fields has the {{tiddler||template}} in the main 
text field.

I'll give you a "real" example to help explain.

This is the template:

“<$view 
field="quote"/>”-<$view field="attribution"/>

It's title is "$:/eab/block-quote".

I have a tiddler literally called "untitled note" (untitled note is the 
default title for new tiddlers in my Tiddlywiki, and this one just happens 
to be the first note I added to the Tiddlywiki), it has the following 
contents:

text field:

{{untitled note||$:/eab/block-quote}}

"quote" field:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into 
a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the 
bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or 
it can crash. Be water my friend.

And "attribution" field:

Bruce Lee

And so the tiddler "untitled note" itself displays (without the CSS, 
approximately):
“
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into 
a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the 
bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or 
it can crash. Be water my friend.

”
-Bruce Lee

Which is exactly what I want to display. What I want though is to not have 
to use the "quote", and "attribution" fields at all, because of the above 
mentioned "issues", especially that which is that I can't have 
multi-paragraph quotes with this current setup. Maybe this is the best way 
to do it though, in which case I'll just rework the the template to accept 
an arbitrary number of fields, one for each paragraph of a quote, and then 
display them accordingly, which now that I'm thinking about it, may not be 
that difficult

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4e47bb00-bc54-4dbc-a828-5994ec697773%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: passing multiple strings into a template?

2019-03-16 Thread 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
In your example, you're using a field for the quote. Why not use the text 
field for the actual body of the quote?

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:54:11 PM UTC-7, Elijah wrote:
>
> My personal Tiddlywiki has hundreds of tiddlers each containing a single 
> quotation (some just a few words, others entire excerpts with several 
> paragraphs), from various authors. I'm trying to create a template into 
> which I pass in both the quote, and the author's name. I want to display 
> the quote, with attribution, in some specific, preformatted way, that is 
> consistent throughout my Tiddlywiki. I also want the original tiddlers 
> which contain the quotes to display this preformatted text. Basically, I 
> want exactly what I get when I use the above template (in the OP), except I 
> don't want to have to keep the quote, and attribution each in a field of 
> their own. I'd like to keep them somewhere in the main text-box.
>
> Why? One reason is that as I said, some of these quotes consist of 
> multiple paragraphs, and you cannot easily insert a multi-paragraph string 
> into a field. Another reason is that the boxes into which you input a 
> field's contents (value) only display ~60 characters at a time.
>
> If this is the only way, or the best way to do it, then so be it, but if 
> there is another, better way, I'd like to know what it is.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f23623a4-df8d-45ec-a61d-cf5db21db29e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: passing multiple strings into a template?

2019-03-16 Thread Elijah
My personal Tiddlywiki has hundreds of tiddlers each containing a single 
quotation (some just a few words, others entire excerpts with several 
paragraphs), from various authors. I'm trying to create a template into 
which I pass in both the quote, and the author's name. I want to display 
the quote, with attribution, in some specific, preformatted way, that is 
consistent throughout my Tiddlywiki. I also want the original tiddlers 
which contain the quotes to display this preformatted text. Basically, I 
want exactly what I get when I use the above template (in the OP), except I 
don't want to have to keep the quote, and attribution each in a field of 
their own. I'd like to keep them somewhere in the main text-box.

Why? One reason is that as I said, some of these quotes consist of multiple 
paragraphs, and you cannot easily insert a multi-paragraph string into a 
field. Another reason is that the boxes into which you input a field's 
contents (value) only display ~60 characters at a time.

If this is the only way, or the best way to do it, then so be it, but if 
there is another, better way, I'd like to know what it is.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d55dfbe3-f96b-494e-9cc8-6e5e929ff094%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Conditional fonts based on Operating System

2019-03-16 Thread Mark Krieg
Oh my goodness!  So easy!  THANK YOU!!

Mark



On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:15:41 PM UTC-4, Thomas Elmiger wrote:
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> CSS applies the first available font from a list, so if you put the MacOS 
> (only) font first and the iOS font second, it should work the way you want.
>
> Good luck! 
> Thomas 
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ca06f8b8-fead-4679-a484-4772da0389be%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: passing multiple strings into a template?

2019-03-16 Thread 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
In cases like this, it's better if you explain what your objective is, 
rather than tilting at the technology. For instance, if your sentences are 
stored in individual tiddlers, then perhaps some sort of listing macro 
would work. It all depends.

Good luck
-- Mark

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 5:24:14 PM UTC-7, Elijah wrote:
>
> Is there any (other) way to pass multiple strings into a template?
>
> The way I'm currently doing it is as follows:
>
> template:
>
>  left style="font-size: 200%">“<$view 
> field="quote"/>” style="font-size: 150%">-<$view field="attribution"/>
>
> tiddler:
>
> {{tiddler||template}}
>
> There are several reasons this isn't ideal, and so I am hoping someone has 
> done something like this before, and knows another, better, way.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a80812e2-d126-4422-9cb5-40b0c5b61735%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Announcing 4 New Plugins (sort of)

2019-03-16 Thread Birthe C
Hi Admis,

The palette I used was "*Blue* - A blue theme" The first one listed in the 
palette tab.
The buttons are easy drag button, Create a new story window and Choose the 
story visualisation. They "disappear" but are visual when hovering.
But looking at it once more I found out that it is because the buttons turn 
white. So in classic view they are white on the blue background but of 
course they are not visible when changing to mentat.
Another palette "Rocker -A dark theme", only the save button is visible.
A warning that this can happen with some of the palette choices would be 
enough.


Birthe


Importing your plugins to another Tiddlywiki using another palette makes 
>> the plugin buttons invisible. ($:/Topbar and $:/Sidebar)
>>
> I don't understand exactly what is going on. Could you elaborate? I'm not 
> sure what to do to reproduce the problem. What palette is it and which 
> buttons?
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1dfaac6b-c98a-47dd-ae77-458532d8f31e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] passing multiple strings into a template?

2019-03-16 Thread Elijah
Is there any (other) way to pass multiple strings into a template?

The way I'm currently doing it is as follows:

template:

“<$view 
field="quote"/>”-<$view field="attribution"/>

tiddler:

{{tiddler||template}}

There are several reasons this isn't ideal, and so I am hoping someone has 
done something like this before, and knows another, better, way.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/921db93b-44ca-4d8d-80e4-0d0012a1726c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Quinoid v0.0.8alpha Downloadable, Configurable Resources

2019-03-16 Thread 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
Thanks for the feedback, Watt!

-- Mark

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 3:43:34 PM UTC-7, Watt wrote:
>
> Thank you Mark the geo apk works for me. 
>
> I had already allowed location permissions to the previous version so 
> can't say if it prompts for location or not. No prompts popped up anyway.
>
> The wiki does now receive location info and acquires geo points via the 
> geoloc macro and displays maps via leaflet. All working.
>
> Thanks very much once again. I can't point you to the geoloc macro but 
> it's on the forum. I installed it a long time ago and it was quite a 
> challenge to get it working but it does work very well for me now. I would 
> caution anyone experimenting to try it on empty test wikis first though, 
> the version I used had a tendency to permanently lock up your wiki if 
> everything wasn't exactly right. Maybe it's been updated since then.
>
> It works on Quinoid for me now - great stuff!
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/834076ca-d3cd-43e9-a6ff-0d11a081a229%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Announcing 4 New Plugins (sort of)

2019-03-16 Thread admls
Hi Birthe,

The tagpill dropdown is hm let's say enormous. 
>
Wow. Yeah. You weren't kidding. That stylesheet makes some of the scrolling 
a little bit nicer on some of the dropdown boxes. The issue can be fixed by 
making width and height into max-width and max-height. 

The repopup plugin is a sort of hacked together thing. I think the core 
popup mechanism is in need of an overhaul, particularly if it is going to 
be used in tiddlers of a fixed size (due to overflow: scroll). Hopefully, 
the repopup plugin will get to be retired at some point. 

Importing your plugins to another Tiddlywiki using another palette makes 
> the plugin buttons invisible. ($:/Topbar and $:/Sidebar)
>
I don't understand exactly what is going on. Could you elaborate? I'm not 
sure what to do to reproduce the problem. What palette is it and which 
buttons?

As far as I can see, you have very few places that could be translated, but 
> even so it would be nice to have an easy way of doing that. You see, your 
> plugins are going to be VERY popular ;-)
>
Thank you! I hope they can be useful! I have given the issue of translation 
little to no thought. But I'll look into how that works!

Keep the issues comin', Birthe! I may not be very quick to correct them, 
but I hope to be able to keep improving things little by little! Thanks for 
running this thing through its paces!

Hi @BurningTreeC,

Thank you! I've really enjoyed and admired your work. As such, I'd love to 
hear what you think could be improved; what might make the Volant plugin, 
in particularly, stable and dependable enough to be a base for other 
plugins.

Best wishes,

admls

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/db8a42d7-10ca-401b-8c16-b9e14a706620%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Announcing 4 New Plugins (sort of)

2019-03-16 Thread Birthe C
Hi Admis,

The tagpill dropdown is hm let's say enormous. i removed $:/tags/Stylesheet 
from $:/plugins/admls/repopup/styles/general. The tagpill dropdown is 
normal now, and everything else works the same.


Birthe

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/745bb564-e618-46f3-add3-2b803cb1aee3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Quinoid v0.0.8alpha Downloadable, Configurable Resources

2019-03-16 Thread Watt
Thank you Mark the geo apk works for me. 

I had already allowed location permissions to the previous version so can't say 
if it prompts for location or not. No prompts popped up anyway.

The wiki does now receive location info and acquires geo points via the geoloc 
macro and displays maps via leaflet. All working.

Thanks very much once again. I can't point you to the geoloc macro but it's on 
the forum. I installed it a long time ago and it was quite a challenge to get 
it working but it does work very well for me now. I would caution anyone 
experimenting to try it on empty test wikis first though, the version I used 
had a tendency to permanently lock up your wiki if everything wasn't exactly 
right. Maybe it's been updated since then.

It works on Quinoid for me now - great stuff!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c55e48a8-eb83-41df-b882-27d2c806cd6d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander: Release Candidate

2019-03-16 Thread Watt
It'll be the Ecosia browser I was using - I tried firefox and it was fine, no 
javascript error. Thanks Mohammad.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6085f0db-9f9c-479b-98e8-c443ab0aea88%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Conditional fonts based on Operating System

2019-03-16 Thread Thomas Elmiger
Hi Mark,

CSS applies the first available font from a list, so if you put the MacOS 
(only) font first and the iOS font second, it should work the way you want.

Good luck! 
Thomas 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c96b33d1-d327-411d-95be-59d6884a4c9b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: template issues

2019-03-16 Thread Elijah
Nice work-around. Thanks.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/14e7a5b0-551e-4036-9a7a-810d9e26d613%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: template issues

2019-03-16 Thread 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
Technically, the first part of that kind of template expects to see the 
name of a tiddler, not plain tiddler text. However, TW will play along and 
pretend that there is a tiddler "some text". So if you change
<$view...> to <$view field="title"/> it should work in most cases. So it's 
applying the template to a non-existent tiddler called "some text", which 
fortunately still has a title field.

HTH
-- Mark

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 2:03:20 PM UTC-7, Elijah wrote:
>
> Here's my template:
>
>  left style="font-size: 200%">“<$view/>
> ”
>
> Now, I have a tiddler with the following in it:
> {{some text||template}}
>
>
> some more text
>
> It's not working. I know it's the <$view/> that is the reason it isn't 
> working, but I don't know what to do about it. Any assistance would be 
> appreciated.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a8c2a201-694a-4333-998b-cd910cad322a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] template issues

2019-03-16 Thread Elijah
Here's my template:

“<$view/>
”

Now, I have a tiddler with the following in it:
{{some text||template}}


some more text

It's not working. I know it's the <$view/> that is the reason it isn't 
working, but I don't know what to do about it. Any assistance would be 
appreciated.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c82ab93b-87e1-4427-9189-f8b95de5694f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Specifying the Type attribute for a list

2019-03-16 Thread passingby
Its quite handy and short. I definitely use it. Thank you!

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:17:32 AM UTC-7, S. S. wrote:
>
> passingby,
>
> A little convoluted, but this works:
>
> 
> .u { list-style-type:upper-alpha; }
> .l { list-style-type:lower-alpha; }
> .r { list-style-type:upper-roman; }
> .n { list-style-type: none;   margin: 0;   padding: 0; }
> 
>
>
> *.u How
> **.l about
> ***.r that!
> .n Your
> ***.r fancy
> **.l list
> *.u  works
>
>
> Becomes:
> A. How
>  a. about
>   I.  that!
>   Your
>   II. fancy
>  b. list
> B. works
>
> The WikiText interpretation of a period charachter after the ** *takes 
> what follows the period as a "class" attribute.
>
> This:
>  *.u How
> Becomes:
> How
>
> Hope that helps in some way.
>
> Regards
>
>
>
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 12:15:24 AM UTC+7, passingby wrote:
>>
>> Hello Mervin,
>>
>> In my use case the lists are just one or two liners items, they do not 
>> deserve to go into separate tiddlers of their own. But your use of html tag 
>> and list widget is surely useful in other cases.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>>
>>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/53b6b29e-fb3c-4255-aa5c-5b6c5d9acb4e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Conditional fonts based on Operating System

2019-03-16 Thread Mark Krieg
Is it possible to have a stylesheet that would check for the current 
operating system and change the font accordingly, or possibly just have 
TiddlyWiki choose a different stylesheet based on the operating system?  If 
so, how would I go about that?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm have heavy Quine app user for iOS, but 
iOS has a limited selection of fonts compared to Mac OS. I'd like to have a 
particular font in my stylesheet unique to my MacBook and another font 
chosen for iOS.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/dc4646c7-6d9d-4866-967e-73de7708b389%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander: Release Candidate

2019-03-16 Thread Mohammad
Hi Watt,
 I checked it on the phone (Android + Chrome) it works fine!
but the UI is not optimized for mobile phone! 

By the way, it seems something wrong in your side!

--Mohammad

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 9:46:51 PM UTC+3:30, Watt wrote:
>
> It still gives me the red javascript error message when I close those 2 
> tiddlers Mohammad. I don't do anything else. I'm looking at it on a phone 
> though - if nobody else gets it then it's probably just me. I'll wait and 
> see.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1a4cab99-8282-4dbe-9ebc-327846cb67a5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Quinoid v0.0.8alpha Downloadable, Configurable Resources

2019-03-16 Thread 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
@Tony and anyone interested in GEO.

I've just posted quinoid-v-0-08-190316a-GEO.apk. 
(https://github.com/Marxsal/Quinoid01/releases/tag/v0.0.8alpha)  I tried 
looking through the forum for the GEO TW file you wanted to use, but of 
course couldn't find it.

This apk *may* allow you to do your GEO activities. When the activity is 
performed, there is allegedly a pop-up requesting permission. I can not 
test any of this because (1) I couldn't find your recommended file (2) The 
emulator doesn't emulate GEO (I think) and (3) I don't have a physical 
device with the prerequisite OS and physical properties. So please let me 
know if these settings have made any difference.

I also need to know if this crashes anyone's implementation. I had one 
crash on my emulator, but on a second pass it was fine. So it could just 
have been an emulator thing. The crash would occur when you first enter 
browsing, if it relates to the code changes. And crash before that is 
something else.

Thanks!
-- Mark

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:17:34 PM UTC-7, TonyM wrote:
>
> Mark,
>
> It is fine with 1190313a.apk
>
> Regards
> Tony
>
> On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 2:02:06 PM UTC+11, Mark S. wrote:
>>
>> I'm concerned about one of your comments. On the opening page of Q, on 
>> the actionbar, there should be a little plus sign (+) icon there. Is it 
>> showing up?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -- Mark
>>
>> On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 7:19:40 PM UTC-7, TonyM wrote:
>>>
>>> Mark,
>>>
>>> Sorry, it took time to get back to this.
>>>
>>> I have upgraded to 1190313a.apk. It seems to be working well. Although 
>>> it did add the help page a second time.
>>>
>>> I could send you the screenshot you requested but I would have to 
>>> retro-grade. Let me know if you still want me to do that.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Tony
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 1:41:18 PM UTC+11, Mark S. wrote:

 Hi Tony,

 On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 7:08:02 PM UTC-7, TonyM wrote:
>
> Settings  > Apps > Quinoid > Uninstall
> App Installed 190312b
>

 The "b" version matches (I think) the original version you first had on 
 your machine, but not the "a" version you installed earlier today. 
 Something about the key selection is different between a and b. Something 
 I 
 need to figure out. For most people (I think) the "b" should match what 
 they have on their machine.
  

> What is unassigned key?
> When the app was running (not currently) It was a button in the 
> Quinoid list, No + Button was present at the top

 ... 

> I had no + Menu, only  "Find TW File" button


  There's no + button on the top of your list page? I can't imagine how 
 that could happen. Is it possible to take a screenshot? 
 Different machines have different gestures for screenshots. I think 
 it's usually a palm swipe.


 I updated Quinoid on My Android 8.0 and It all updated correctly, the 
> resources work, but since there was no feedback I did install todo now 
> twice by mistake.
>

 Yes. I need to add some feedback (probably a quick pop-up message) to 
 that process.

 Thanks!
 -- Mark

>>>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d89336ab-5cf0-4848-b4c0-f9c30ee78201%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander: Release Candidate

2019-03-16 Thread Watt
It still gives me the red javascript error message when I close those 2 
tiddlers Mohammad. I don't do anything else. I'm looking at it on a phone 
though - if nobody else gets it then it's probably just me. I'll wait and see.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d86be4ea-7e64-4077-a87f-fa8d1f9e5950%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] TiddlyWiki .md Files

2019-03-16 Thread Adam
Greetings to all,

I like using TiddlyWiki on NodeJs but my only problem is that it doesn't 
use markdown by default and I prefer to have all my notes in .md files.

Is there any way for TiddlyWiki to store files in .md and not .tid format?

Cheers,
Adam

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0c581117-7edb-49e8-84f6-bd0a9efd01af%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Same shadow tiddler in different plugins: a question about priority rules

2019-03-16 Thread mauloop
I have a bunch of tiddlers that I use to import in every new wiki I set up. 
Some of them overrides shadows tiddlers from the core as well as from other 
plugins. I decided to organize all of these into a new plugin saved in the 
tiddliwiki/plugins/mau folder, to serve all of my existing and coming wikis 
via tiddlywiki.info.

I found few cases where tiddlers overriding other shadows tiddlers were 
ignored and the active tiddler was the one coming from the original plugin. 
I solved forcing the plugin-priority. The question is: having a shadow 
tiddler stored twice, with the same title, in two different plugins, with 
no plugin-priority defined, how can I guess which one will be used to build 
the wiki? I wonder which the general rule is, since I had some cases where 
I needed to force plugin-priority and others which work as I expected, 
despite plugin-priority was not defined.

As I said, my case is node.js with plugins served via tiddlywiki.info, but 
I expect that a single file does not make difference. Or not?

Thanks in advance,

)+(

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/98f281f1-6b7e-4644-8f82-58efb718bdbb%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [tw5] Dear Tiddlywiki Group admin: please enable tags feature

2019-03-16 Thread Jeremy Ruston
Hi Mohammad

I’ve added “css” as a new suggested tag,

Best wishes

Jeremy

> On 16 Mar 2019, at 06:57, Mohammad  wrote:
> 
> Hi Jeremy!
>  In the current list of forum tag there is nothing for CSS or Stylesheet!
> I appreciate if you add one of them.
> 
> --Mohammad
> 
> 
> On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 4:32:01 PM UTC+3:30, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
> I don’t think the tags we use here need be influenced by those used on 
> tiddlywiki.com .  I was thinking of types of post:
> 
> #question
> #newbie
> #announcement
> #offtopic
> 
> I don’t think we need many topic tags. Things like:
> 
> #saving
> #wikitext
> #filters
> #widgets
> #css
> 
> 
> Best wishes
> 
> Jeremy
> 
> 
>> On 25 Feb 2019, at 12:55, @TiddlyTweeter assays.tv 
>> > wrote:
>> 
>> S.S.
>> 
>> I think its a relevant point. 
>> 
>> Zillions of tag choices is too many.
>> 
>> Too few is not enough.
>> 
>> In terms of tags what number is workable to assist use?
>> 
>> IMO, given that email users can't tag I'm wondering if, instead, we just 
>> need a better way to interrogate mail-archive.com ?
>> 
>> Just thoughts
>> Josiah
>> 
>> On Monday, 25 February 2019 13:37:31 UTC+1, S. S. wrote:
>> 
>> Just <$count filter={{$:/core/Filters/AllTags!!filter}}/> tags to choose 
>> from!
>> <$list filter={{$:/core/Filters/AllTags!!filter}}>
>> <$transclude tiddler="$:/core/ui/TagTemplate
>> "/>
>> 
>> 
>> Just 246 to choose from!
>> 
>> -- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "TiddlyWiki" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to tiddlywiki+...@ <>googlegroups.com .
>> To post to this group, send email to tiddl...@ <>googlegroups.com 
>> .
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki 
>> .
>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9e00f3df-2d2e-4449-b10d-bde027260e01%40googlegroups.com
>>  
>> .
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout 
>> .
> 
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "TiddlyWiki" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com 
> .
> To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com 
> .
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki 
> .
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b0c817c4-1ab8-471e-aead-d51ae7b189f9%40googlegroups.com
>  
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout 
> .

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/A31AD421-6CAF-457D-B791-F3998894C373%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [tw5] Run and Time: Performance of Tiddlywiki Scrript

2019-03-16 Thread Jeremy Ruston
Hi Mohammad

> Is there any code, macro, widget to calculate the elapsed time for any action 
> in Tiddlywiki?
> 
> Is there a simple timer macro to see the elapsed time when another macro 
> performs a task?

The core has built-in instrumentation for the refresh cycle. Find “Performance 
Instrumentation” on the “Settings” tab of control panel. You’ll need to reload 
the wiki before it takes effect.

With performance instrumentation switched on, you’ll see additional timing 
information in the browser developer console each time a refresh cycle is 
triggered. For example:

performance: mainRender: 327.83ms 
performance: +filter: 49.70ms 
performance: styleRefresh: 9.14ms 
performance: +filter: 2.46ms 
performance: mainRefresh: 68.10ms 
performance: +filter: 37.69ms 

The information above should be interpreted as follows:

“Initial rendering of the main page took 327ms (of which 50ms was filter 
evaluation). Refreshing the page stylesheet took 9ms (of which 2ms was filter 
evaluation). Refreshing the main page took 68ms (of which 38ms was filter 
evaluation)"

* mainRender is the time taken for the initial display of the page template
* styleRefresh is the time taken to refresh the page stylesheet
* mainRender is the time taken to refresh the main page template
* in each case, +filter denotes the time taken up with filter evaluation.

As an example, try switching between the sidebar tabs to compare how long they 
take to render.

Best wishes

Jeremy



> 
> --Mohammad
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "TiddlyWiki" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com 
> .
> To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com 
> .
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki 
> .
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2456b5b8-8cfd-43d5-b6c4-28d76f649117%40googlegroups.com
>  
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout 
> .

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/B63A2B4B-D621-47FC-95D9-6C48CE55B5E7%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Run and Time: Performance of Tiddlywiki Scrript

2019-03-16 Thread Mohammad
I tried something like this, with no success

\define run-n-time(macro, timerTid:"timerTid")
<$macrocall $name=timer timerTiddler=<<__timerTid__>> index=start/>
<$macrocall $name=<<__macro__>> />
<$macrocall $name=timer timerTiddler=<<__timerTid__>> index=stop/>
\end

\define timer(timerTiddler:"timerTid", index:"start")
<$action-setfield 
 $tiddler=<<__timerTiddler__>>
 $index=<<__index__>> 
 $value=<> />
\end

\define show-diff(timerTiddler)
<$set name=start value={{{ 
[<__timerTiddler__>getindex[start]split[]rest[8]join[]trim[]] }}}>
<$set name=stop value={{{ 
[<__timerTiddler__>getindex[stop]split[]rest[8]join[]trim[]] }}}>
<$list filter="[subtract]" variable=elapsedTime>
<$text text=<> />



\end


Example like

<$button> Test 
<>


Elapsed time:
<$macrocall $name="show-diff" timerTiddler="myTime" />



Or call timer directly before and after macro call!

This is what I use in Fortran, Matlab or Python!

--Mohammad

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e4009c8c-6287-4c6b-a63a-392cf3cb91df%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: workaround for apache webdav

2019-03-16 Thread argasm
Hi Mario,

Thanks for the answers. I use tiddlywiki exposed to the web. 


Le samedi 16 mars 2019 14:47:30 UTC+1, PMario a écrit :
>
> Hi, 
>
> Do you use WebDav in a local setup, or is it exposed to the web?
>
> -m
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/fa0c4cde-703a-4ad8-8366-7731268f261f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander: Release Candidate

2019-03-16 Thread Mohammad
Hi Josiah,
 Many thanks for your feedback!
Please follow the issues with diff engine!

At the mean time I appreciate your evaluation and comments for improving 
Commander.

--Mohammad

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:39:59 PM UTC+3:30, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:
>
> Ciao Mohammad
>
> I really appreciate the modularity.
>
> I think in some ways SNR may need an additional (add-on?) module for 
> teaching how to get the best from Regular Expressions?
>
> I'm thinking about it.
>
> I found a way to get around many of the issues with the current  diff. 
> engine (the issues of which I comment on GitHub soon). 
>
> Which is to preload Match & Replace for the user. 
>
> It is how to LOAD examples to all the state tiddlers I am trying to work 
> out.
>
> At the moment without that its hard to control the replace enough to be 
> illuminating.
>
> Many thanks
> Josiah
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thursday, 14 March 2019 16:55:01 UTC+1, Mohammad wrote:
>>
>>  I think tiddler Commander now is enough stable to be released as a 
>> plugin! I would ask Jeremy to see the possibility to distribute it as an 
>> OFFICIAL PLUGIN!
>>
>> Commander has
>>
>>
>>1. Bulk tiddler creation/deletion
>>2. Tag operation (add, remove, replace)
>>3. Field operation (add, remove, set value)
>>4. *SNR*, search and replace in all fields including text, tags, 
>>*title, *and common fields)
>>5. *Inspect*, to inspect bunch of tiddlers in one place, scroll among 
>>them and edit all fields, tag, common fields (title is an exception!)
>>6. log, Commander create a logs of all operations
>>7. Search, Commander lets *save and load* any combination of filter 
>>search
>>
>> Tiddler Commander is a Swiss Knife. It will be a useful tool both for 
>> developers and users.
>>
>> The below is the last update before packing into Commander plugin!
>>
>> I highly appreciate your feedback. I will add documentation in two levels 
>> (developer docs and user docs) but this will be the next activity!
>>
>>
>> *Tiddler Commander has new update*
>>
>>
>>> Demo: *https://kookma.github.io/TW-Commander/ 
>>> *
>>>
>>> *Major update: 14th March 2019*
>>>
>>> *Critical change*: Tiddler Commander search now needs two steps
>>>
>>>- Enter a filter expression in the filter search box
>>>- Click the search icon right of search box to apply the search 
>>>criteria to enable Commander batch operation1
>>>
>>>
>>>- FIXED: Search and Select tiddlers now are seated together
>>>- NEW: numberof tiddlers matches and selected are shown
>>>- New: Help tab was added
>>>- New: Clear search box will clear selected selections
>>>- New: Select none in Select tiddlers will clear selected tiddlers
>>>
>>>
>>>1. The reason is, when filter search is changed, the selected 
>>>tiddlers are still there! So, it needs to clear the previous selection 
>>> on 
>>>new search criteria!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> Best regards
>> Mohammad 
>>
>> *Footenote*
>>
>> Original posts
>>
>> Thread 1: 
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/BxJsWuae-Uc/JapAx4mtBgAJ
>> Thread 2:  
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/w9Bv-WulKw8/CYf9D4H6BgAJ
>>
>> *Project demo page: **https://kookma.github.io/TW-Commander/ 
>> *
>>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/eb3e32d3-c4e2-4e20-a237-1c7d0c63b883%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread BurningTreeC

>
> BurningTreeC wrote:
>>
>> @Mat , I think a different mechanism is needed for that popup-triggering. 
>> It believe it can be additionally implemented, but we'd need to figure out 
>> what the conditions are when it should catch in
>>
>
> Did you check out Snowgoons solution 
> ? As I believe is noted in 
> that github request his solution doesn't adress the customizability aspects 
> much. I'm guessing his solution could be modified to achieve your original 
> intent but also to solve the issues we've discussed. He does have 
> customizable triggers but not customizable popups. I can't tell if it 
> solves your space character problem the way you want it to or just 
> circumvents it.
>
> <:-)
>
>
No I didn't take a closer look, I will

Can we move the discussion about that functionality to another thread and 
keep this here in line with the original one?
I believe otherwise we're drifting away from "selectable inputs" to 
"triggered popups in the text-editor" 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a7a5a1c3-3bb4-42e5-bc48-b18b0d009ae5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread Mat
BurningTreeC wrote:
>
> @Mat , I think a different mechanism is needed for that popup-triggering. 
> It believe it can be additionally implemented, but we'd need to figure out 
> what the conditions are when it should catch in
>

Did you check out Snowgoons solution 
? As I believe is noted in 
that github request his solution doesn't adress the customizability aspects 
much. I'm guessing his solution could be modified to achieve your original 
intent but also to solve the issues we've discussed. He does have 
customizable triggers but not customizable popups. I can't tell if it 
solves your space character problem the way you want it to or just 
circumvents it.

<:-)


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9a57804a-cc3c-49f5-ad34-af4d1986f72e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Run and Time: Performance of Tiddlywiki Scrript

2019-03-16 Thread Mohammad
Is there any code, macro, widget to calculate the elapsed time for any 
action in Tiddlywiki?

Is there a simple timer macro to see the elapsed time when another macro 
performs a task?

--Mohammad

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2456b5b8-8cfd-43d5-b6c4-28d76f649117%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander: Release Candidate

2019-03-16 Thread @TiddlyTweeter
Ciao Mohammad

I really appreciate the modularity.

I think in some ways SNR may need an additional (add-on?) module for 
teaching how to get the best from Regular Expressions?

I'm thinking about it.

I found a way to get around many of the issues with the current  diff. 
engine (the issues of which I comment on GitHub soon). 

Which is to preload Match & Replace for the user. 

It is how to LOAD examples to all the state tiddlers I am trying to work 
out.

At the moment without that its hard to control the replace enough to be 
illuminating.

Many thanks
Josiah





On Thursday, 14 March 2019 16:55:01 UTC+1, Mohammad wrote:
>
>  I think tiddler Commander now is enough stable to be released as a 
> plugin! I would ask Jeremy to see the possibility to distribute it as an 
> OFFICIAL PLUGIN!
>
> Commander has
>
>
>1. Bulk tiddler creation/deletion
>2. Tag operation (add, remove, replace)
>3. Field operation (add, remove, set value)
>4. *SNR*, search and replace in all fields including text, tags, 
>*title, *and common fields)
>5. *Inspect*, to inspect bunch of tiddlers in one place, scroll among 
>them and edit all fields, tag, common fields (title is an exception!)
>6. log, Commander create a logs of all operations
>7. Search, Commander lets *save and load* any combination of filter 
>search
>
> Tiddler Commander is a Swiss Knife. It will be a useful tool both for 
> developers and users.
>
> The below is the last update before packing into Commander plugin!
>
> I highly appreciate your feedback. I will add documentation in two levels 
> (developer docs and user docs) but this will be the next activity!
>
>
> *Tiddler Commander has new update*
>
>
>> Demo: *https://kookma.github.io/TW-Commander/ 
>> *
>>
>> *Major update: 14th March 2019*
>>
>> *Critical change*: Tiddler Commander search now needs two steps
>>
>>- Enter a filter expression in the filter search box
>>- Click the search icon right of search box to apply the search 
>>criteria to enable Commander batch operation1
>>
>>
>>- FIXED: Search and Select tiddlers now are seated together
>>- NEW: numberof tiddlers matches and selected are shown
>>- New: Help tab was added
>>- New: Clear search box will clear selected selections
>>- New: Select none in Select tiddlers will clear selected tiddlers
>>
>>
>>1. The reason is, when filter search is changed, the selected 
>>tiddlers are still there! So, it needs to clear the previous selection on 
>>new search criteria!
>>
>>
>>
> Best regards
> Mohammad 
>
> *Footenote*
>
> Original posts
>
> Thread 1: 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/BxJsWuae-Uc/JapAx4mtBgAJ
> Thread 2:  
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/w9Bv-WulKw8/CYf9D4H6BgAJ
>
> *Project demo page: **https://kookma.github.io/TW-Commander/ 
> *
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5c27045d-85b8-4ece-a191-a0aca3abbfbc%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread BurningTreeC
@Mat , I think a different mechanism is needed for that popup-triggering. 
It believe it can be additionally implemented, but we'd need to figure out 
what the conditions are when it should catch in

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4697a9e7-0318-452e-9577-cc6b960c5f0c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread Mohammad
Thanks BTC,
I follow up your discussion with Mat!
By the way, if auto-triggering can be changed by trigger on demand, it will 
give  lot of flexibility!

Best
Mohammad


On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 2:26:46 PM UTC+3:30, BurningTreeC wrote:
>
> Thanks Mohammad,
>  
>
>> Interesting! The search box I noticed lets you scroll among result and by 
>> pressing the enter it gets and passes the input for further processing.
>>
>
> yeah, right! these actions are customizable
>  
>
>> One other point is the saveTiddler attribute, as it lets prevent 
>> auto-triggering other processes!
>>
>
> I don't know about that, the saveTiddler is just a second tiddler that 
> stores the text typed into the input field
>
> ```
> <$edit-text tiddler="testtiddler" saveTiddler="testtiddler-save"/>
> ```
>
> if typing into the input, both tiddlers get the same text, it triggers no 
> further actions. the point is that if I set the testtiddler to something 
> else through the actions of a keyboard widget, the saveTiddler still holds 
> the original text.
> that's useful as you'll notice in the tags dropdown if you filter tags by 
> typing and then go up/down to select an item. the list stays filtered 
> because it's filtered by the text stored in the saveTiddler.
>
> I hope it's clear ^^
>
>  
>
>>
>> This will let's developer a lot of flexibility!
>>
>
> I hope so 
>
>>
>> --Mohammad
>>  
>>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/01031c2f-288e-4c5c-bcef-b4126679ff37%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread BurningTreeC

>
> BurningTreeC wrote:
>>>
>>> ok, meanwhile I made it work in textareas, too and tried some things in 
>>> this direction. It seems to be possible. 
>>>
>>
>> HA! I did not expect you to actually look into this but it seems you 
>> also sense how extremely useful this would be if it worked :-D !!
>>
>
> yes it would be great to have all in one! 
>
>>  
>>
>>> What would be great and necessary if doing it following this idea, is a 
>>> insert-text tm-edit-text-operation that just inserts text at the cursor 
>>> position/selection and moves the cursor to the end of the inserted text, 
>>> without leaving a selection. The replace-text operation I'm using at the 
>>> moment can't just insert a space without leaving a selected space, it's not 
>>> like pressing the space-bar normally, sadly...
>>>
>>
>> No solution, but trying to understand (and maybe someone more 
>> knowledgable has ideas): When you say "space", you're referring to the 
>> space character " ", right?, as opposed to e.g the space/area that is 
>> currently typed at or perhaps the space/are after the replaced text is 
>> inserted. And you're saying that it, at the moment, not is possible to e.g 
>> type the triggering string "[[foo bar" because the space character makes 
>> things trigger already at "[[foo" ...and by continuing to type "bar", this 
>> overwrites wherever the "[[foo" is temporarily stored in some state type 
>> tiddler? Or is it that the to-be-inserted text must not contain a space 
>> character?
>>
>
> yes exactly, I'm referring to the space " " character. I want to make 
> pressing the space-bar on the keyboard insert the " " character and 
> additionally trigger an action string
> therefor a text-operation that doesn't select the replacement would be 
> needed and I haven't found one that behaves like needed. I think the editor 
> stamp tool also uses "replace-selection" which leaves a selected " " if 
> inserting a space character. Then, when typing, the space gets replaced by 
> the first typed character... that's not what we want here
>
> the "[[foo bar" example wouldn't work when using space as the trigger, but 
> the trigger can be any key-combination that works as a keyboard shortcut. 
> the problem is when and how the text stored in the separate tiddler should 
> be reset ... my idea was to reset every time the space character is pressed 
> so that it never contains the whole text which would be contraproductive
>

But also using the space bar it wouldn't work consistently ... just type 
something, don't press space, then klick another position in the text and 
type ...
 

>
>> Might the editor Stamp tool solve this in any way?
>>
>>  
>>
>>> Would be great to reveal the popup at the position where the cursor is, 
>>> but that's a different task
>>>
>>
>> Ah, yes. Later question.
>>
>> Thanks for looking at this!
>>
>>  <:-)
>>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3722fb1d-8bfd-4202-8210-ba613d7b399c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread BurningTreeC

>
> BurningTreeC wrote:
>>
>> ok, meanwhile I made it work in textareas, too and tried some things in 
>> this direction. It seems to be possible. 
>>
>
> HA! I did not expect you to actually look into this but it seems you 
> also sense how extremely useful this would be if it worked :-D !!
>

yes it would be great to have all in one! 

>  
>
>> What would be great and necessary if doing it following this idea, is a 
>> insert-text tm-edit-text-operation that just inserts text at the cursor 
>> position/selection and moves the cursor to the end of the inserted text, 
>> without leaving a selection. The replace-text operation I'm using at the 
>> moment can't just insert a space without leaving a selected space, it's not 
>> like pressing the space-bar normally, sadly...
>>
>
> No solution, but trying to understand (and maybe someone more knowledgable 
> has ideas): When you say "space", you're referring to the space character " 
> ", right?, as opposed to e.g the space/area that is currently typed at or 
> perhaps the space/are after the replaced text is inserted. And you're 
> saying that it, at the moment, not is possible to e.g type the triggering 
> string "[[foo bar" because the space character makes things trigger already 
> at "[[foo" ...and by continuing to type "bar", this overwrites wherever the 
> "[[foo" is temporarily stored in some state type tiddler? Or is it that the 
> to-be-inserted text must not contain a space character?
>

yes exactly, I'm referring to the space " " character. I want to make 
pressing the space-bar on the keyboard insert the " " character and 
additionally trigger an action string
therefor a text-operation that doesn't select the replacement would be 
needed and I haven't found one that behaves like needed. I think the editor 
stamp tool also uses "replace-selection" which leaves a selected " " if 
inserting a space character. Then, when typing, the space gets replaced by 
the first typed character... that's not what we want here

the "[[foo bar" example wouldn't work when using space as the trigger, but 
the trigger can be any key-combination that works as a keyboard shortcut. 
the problem is when and how the text stored in the separate tiddler should 
be reset ... my idea was to reset every time the space character is pressed 
so that it never contains the whole text which would be contraproductive 

>
> Might the editor Stamp tool solve this in any way?
>
>  
>
>> Would be great to reveal the popup at the position where the cursor is, 
>> but that's a different task
>>
>
> Ah, yes. Later question.
>
> Thanks for looking at this!
>
>  <:-)
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9eb90bfc-e57e-4cbc-b145-de410285145d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [tw5] Possibilities of using Google Apps Scripts?

2019-03-16 Thread Siniy-Kit
look 
here  
http://heeg.ru/shop_test29.html#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fmodules%2Fwidgets%2Faddup.js  
 I put this macros to every tiddler 
<$list filter="[is[current]addprefix[']addsuffix[%']]">
<$addup val1=<>  val2="B" val3="limit 300"/>


by this http://heeg.ru/shop_test29.html#%24%3A%2F_show_podrazdel

so this macros takes tiddler  title and  search it in a "B" column of the 
table, then loads this lines from table.


среда, 13 марта 2019 г., 23:38:51 UTC+3 пользователь CHUN LI написал:
>
> I am trying to make a simple version of the test project. It will use data 
> from Google table to make tiddlers in a blank TiddlyWIki 5.1.19. What I did 
> are,
>
>
>- Save http://heeg.ru/shop_test29.html 
>
> 
>  a 
>HTML file. 
>- Use my Google Table URL for the dataURL in the boot.js tiddler, save 
>a copy.
>- Run a blank TiddlyWiki 5.1.19 on node.
>- Import the HTML file I saved as tiddlers, included all the tiddlers 
>from the HTML file.
>- Received error message on the running TiddlyWiki webpage.
>- Shut down the node server, try to start again, but got error 
>message. TypeError: $tw.Syncer is not a constructor at ..
>
> I am trying to figure out why. Maybe I am missing a syncadaptor, or it is 
> because the Tiddlywiki version differences (the version in step 1 is 
> 5.1.14)?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chun
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/da797068-9e36-42e0-9bd0-86b82cc10e0e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread BurningTreeC

>
> Byc,
>
> I have not played with this yet, so please excuse my ignorance but could 
> the possible values be selected from a filter for example 
> "[subfilder] +[subfolder]"
>
> regards
> Tony
>

Hi Tony, yes therefor there's the filterTiddler attribute. Give it the 
title of a tiddler where you put your filter(s) (up to two) in the field(s) 
input-filter-1 and input-filter-2. You can use one or both or none of those 
fields, but without a filter there's not much action, there's no default.
In your filter you get the user-input through the <> variable, 
so you can "[subfiltersearch]" for example

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4bacab51-ca61-4da9-b9cf-4453df5c2da4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread Mat
BurningTreeC wrote:
>
> ok, meanwhile I made it work in textareas, too and tried some things in 
> this direction. It seems to be possible. 
>

HA! I did not expect you to actually look into this but it seems you 
also sense how extremely useful this would be if it worked :-D !!
 

> What would be great and necessary if doing it following this idea, is a 
> insert-text tm-edit-text-operation that just inserts text at the cursor 
> position/selection and moves the cursor to the end of the inserted text, 
> without leaving a selection. The replace-text operation I'm using at the 
> moment can't just insert a space without leaving a selected space, it's not 
> like pressing the space-bar normally, sadly...
>

No solution, but trying to understand (and maybe someone more knowledgable 
has ideas): When you say "space", you're referring to the space character " 
", right?, as opposed to e.g the space/area that is currently typed at or 
perhaps the space/are after the replaced text is inserted. And you're 
saying that it, at the moment, not is possible to e.g type the triggering 
string "[[foo bar" because the space character makes things trigger already 
at "[[foo" ...and by continuing to type "bar", this overwrites wherever the 
"[[foo" is temporarily stored in some state type tiddler? Or is it that the 
to-be-inserted text must not contain a space character?

Might the editor Stamp tool solve this in any way?

 

> Would be great to reveal the popup at the position where the cursor is, 
> but that's a different task
>

Ah, yes. Later question.

Thanks for looking at this!

 <:-)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8fc6ab7b-5ecf-4c61-a439-e692fd3a593e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander: Release Candidate

2019-03-16 Thread Mohammad
Hello Watt,
 I cannot reproduce the error!
Would you please check it again!

--Mohammad

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 11:36:32 AM UTC+3:30, Watt wrote:
>
> You're right, it's there. 
> A strange anomaly looking at it today though, if I click Home, I then have 
> 2 tiddlers open - Tiddler Commander and $:/Commander. If I close them both 
> I'm getting the red java error message. Click Home again and it disappears, 
> replaced by the 2 tiddlers. Is it just me?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e47afa8c-06ee-4737-9541-187b548110d5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: workaround for apache webdav

2019-03-16 Thread PMario
Hi, 

Do you use WebDav in a local setup, or is it exposed to the web?

-m

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/654c43d6-832b-4275-ab93-40d655987772%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: workaround for apache webdav

2019-03-16 Thread PMario
Hi,

WebDav works fine with the latest PUT saver, if you *disable server side 
compression*. 

I did create a proof of concept using the *last-modified *header attribute. 
It basically works in the same way as etags, but also allows you to 
compress the wiki over the wire. 

My implementation replaces the existing saver, which is part of the core. 
... I'd need to test, if it's possible to work as a plugin. 

have fun!
mario

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a2235cdb-2964-4fd5-a3f4-41f327ba900a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Announcing 4 New Plugins (sort of)

2019-03-16 Thread Birthe C
Hi Admis,

>
Importing your plugins to another Tiddlywiki using another palette makes 
the plugin buttons invisible. ($:/Topbar and $:/Sidebar)


Birthe

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9a32eb85-d05f-4044-a989-718c83ef5d95%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread TonyM
Byc,

I have not played with this yet, so please excuse my ignorance but could the 
possible values be selected from a filter for example 
"[subfilder] +[subfolder]"

regards
Tony

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/78f9a0d9-2c2c-47f5-888d-7b0cb342499d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread BurningTreeC

>
> BurningTreeC wrote:
>
> Hi Mat, do you mean revealing a popup/dropdown when typing something that 
>> matches one or more items of a given list? Like typing "hello" and it opens 
>> a popup if there are tiddlers whose titles contain "hello" ?
>>
>
> Yes, that would be a possible application yes. The "given list" could be 
> predefined strings (some kind of DataTiddler) and/or the set of all tiddler 
> titles or, as you suggest, the string merely matches part of a tiddler 
> title.
>
>
> For simple input fields I can imagine that would work. For whole textareas 
>> or for the editor it's more complicated. An idea would be making the space 
>> key and maybe the backspace key additionally delete the content of the 
>> saveTiddler to inserting space / deleting ... then it could be possible
>>
>
> Yeah, "whole textarea" is the key because it would be used to access 
> "anything" during the actual authoring of the text. But not sure what you 
> mean with the space/backspace keys here. (Maybe I don't understand because 
> I'm not a programmer.) Regardless, the request is to be able to type text, 
> like this very sentence, and as you, mid text, begin to type some arbitrary 
> but predefined string pattern e.g @Burn or [[Burni  it triggers a popup 
> with arbitrary content (e.g a select list or reference info or whatever)
>

ok, meanwhile I made it work in textareas, too and tried some things in 
this direction. It seems to be possible. What would be great and necessary 
if doing it following this idea, is a insert-text tm-edit-text-operation 
that just inserts text at the cursor position/selection and moves the 
cursor to the end of the inserted text, without leaving a selection. The 
replace-text operation I'm using at the moment can't just insert a space 
without leaving a selected space, it's not like pressing the space-bar 
normally, sadly...

I can successfully write something and have those characters in a separate 
tiddler. then, when pressing a certain key, I'm using space but it can be 
any key-combo, what's stored in that separate tiddler gets deleted and if I 
type again, that will be newly stored in that separate tiddler.
That tiddler can be used to reveal a popup if its text matches something

Would be great to reveal the popup at the position where the cursor is, but 
that's a different task
 

>
> My question was promted when I, in your demo, read "In its heart it's an 
> edit-text widget and the macro accepts all its attributes" which made me 
> think that you had manipulated the edit-text widget to more generally 
> trigger actions.
>

The edit-text widget itself isn't manipulated that much, it's one hook 
that's added... it sends a message to my mechanism when tiddlers have 
changed and from within that message I can detect all those additional 
attributes and perform those refresh-actions if some conditions are given 
... 
It now also works with the edit widget, what makes it work with the 
text-editor, too.

Both the saveTiddler and refreshTiddler attributes are required or it 
doesn't do anything. The refreshCondition should also be used because the 
mechanism does one of two things: it either updates the saveTiddler with 
the text that's being typed into the tiddler that's being edited. That's 
the standard action. But if the refreshTiddler changes AND the 
refreshCondition attribute is "true" or "yes" at that point, it doesn't 
touch the saveTiddler. If a refreshAction attribute is given, it performs a 
refresh-action (either focus-update, focus or nothing), then deletes the 
refreshTiddler automatically. So we can type text, have that text in both 
the edited tiddler and the saveTiddler, then perform an action on the 
edited tiddler but preventing that the saveTiddler changes, too...


> <:-)
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/99a9b06e-2be0-4d97-8138-40b673f25808%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread Mat
BurningTreeC wrote:

Hi Mat, do you mean revealing a popup/dropdown when typing something that 
> matches one or more items of a given list? Like typing "hello" and it opens 
> a popup if there are tiddlers whose titles contain "hello" ?
>

Yes, that would be a possible application yes. The "given list" could be 
predefined strings (some kind of DataTiddler) and/or the set of all tiddler 
titles or, as you suggest, the string merely matches part of a tiddler 
title.


For simple input fields I can imagine that would work. For whole textareas 
> or for the editor it's more complicated. An idea would be making the space 
> key and maybe the backspace key additionally delete the content of the 
> saveTiddler to inserting space / deleting ... then it could be possible
>

Yeah, "whole textarea" is the key because it would be used to access 
"anything" during the actual authoring of the text. But not sure what you 
mean with the space/backspace keys here. (Maybe I don't understand because 
I'm not a programmer.) Regardless, the request is to be able to type text, 
like this very sentence, and as you, mid text, begin to type some arbitrary 
but predefined string pattern e.g @Burn or [[Burni  it triggers a popup 
with arbitrary content (e.g a select list or reference info or whatever)

My question was promted when I, in your demo, read "In its heart it's an 
edit-text widget and the macro accepts all its attributes" which made me 
think that you had manipulated the edit-text widget to more generally 
trigger actions.

<:-)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7af8c749-8ca2-480a-a75d-f8a4a2b98db4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread BurningTreeC

>
> BurningTreeC that would be a warmly welcome addition. Navigation via 
> arrows is probably standard UI these days.
>
> Considering how your solution makes things trigger from within the 
> edit-text widget, would you say it could serve as an ingredient in the 
> Feature Request: Trigger Custom Popups via Custom Strings #3784 
>  ? I.e does your 
> solution necessarily read(?) the full edit-text field content or could it 
> trigger from patterns in the middle of the field content? Prime example; 
> could it give a dropdown list for "[[Bar" when typing "Foo [[Bar" and then 
> again for "[[Frotz" in "Foo [[Bar]] [[Frotz" ?
>

Hi Mat, do you mean revealing a popup/dropdown when typing something that 
matches one or more items of a given list? Like typing "hello" and it opens 
a popup if there are tiddlers whose titles contain "hello" ?

For simple input fields I can imagine that would work. For whole textareas 
or for the editor it's more complicated. An idea would be making the space 
key and maybe the backspace key additionally delete the content of the 
saveTiddler to inserting space / deleting ... then it could be possible

I don't know if it works, but surrounding the text-editor for example with 
a keyboard widget with space as the key and the actions an 
edit-text-operation that inserts space + an action that deletes the 
saveTiddler could be tried


It's an interesting idea, would be great if it worked somehow

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/68afe0e8-9465-40ee-b3dd-acd8c13332c6%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Specifying the Type attribute for a list

2019-03-16 Thread S. S.
passingby,

A little convoluted, but this works:


.u { list-style-type:upper-alpha; }
.l { list-style-type:lower-alpha; }
.r { list-style-type:upper-roman; }
.n { list-style-type: none;   margin: 0;   padding: 0; }



*.u How
**.l about
***.r that!
.n Your
***.r fancy
**.l list
*.u  works


Becomes:
A. How
 a. about
  I.  that!
  Your
  II. fancy
 b. list
B. works

The WikiText interpretation of a period charachter after the ** *takes what 
follows the period as a "class" attribute.

This:
 *.u How
Becomes:
How

Hope that helps in some way.

Regards



On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 12:15:24 AM UTC+7, passingby wrote:
>
> Hello Mervin,
>
> In my use case the lists are just one or two liners items, they do not 
> deserve to go into separate tiddlers of their own. But your use of html tag 
> and list widget is surely useful in other cases.
>
> Thank you
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3eadd1ea-0417-48bd-acac-e8f8483313fa%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread Mat
BurningTreeC that would be a warmly welcome addition. Navigation via arrows 
is probably standard UI these days.

Considering how your solution makes things trigger from within the 
edit-text widget, would you say it could serve as an ingredient in the 
Feature Request: Trigger Custom Popups via Custom Strings #3784 
 ? I.e does your 
solution necessarily read(?) the full edit-text field content or could it 
trigger from patterns in the middle of the field content? Prime example; 
could it give a dropdown list for "[[Bar" when typing "Foo [[Bar" and then 
again for "[[Frotz" in "Foo [[Bar]] [[Frotz" ?

<:-)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a48e3150-d439-4e58-926e-d4c976a2cc58%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread BurningTreeC
Thanks Mohammad,
 

> Interesting! The search box I noticed lets you scroll among result and by 
> pressing the enter it gets and passes the input for further processing.
>

yeah, right! these actions are customizable
 

> One other point is the saveTiddler attribute, as it lets prevent 
> auto-triggering other processes!
>

I don't know about that, the saveTiddler is just a second tiddler that 
stores the text typed into the input field

```
<$edit-text tiddler="testtiddler" saveTiddler="testtiddler-save"/>
```

if typing into the input, both tiddlers get the same text, it triggers no 
further actions. the point is that if I set the testtiddler to something 
else through the actions of a keyboard widget, the saveTiddler still holds 
the original text.
that's useful as you'll notice in the tags dropdown if you filter tags by 
typing and then go up/down to select an item. the list stays filtered 
because it's filtered by the text stored in the saveTiddler.

I hope it's clear ^^

 

>
> This will let's developer a lot of flexibility!
>

I hope so 

>
> --Mohammad
>  
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/914a101b-5fb5-4169-b5a7-793e0e84810a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Announcing 4 New Plugins (sort of)

2019-03-16 Thread BurningTreeC
Hi @admls, this is an amazing work, big thumbs up!

Thanks for mentioning my hammer widgets, I can see some parallels, but 
you're really bringing the pieces together so that they can be used right 
away
I was hoping for something like your plugins and they look great

keep up the good work and have a nice weekend!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3e3bd5e7-f080-427e-adda-f06be8c11136%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Announcing 4 New Plugins (sort of)

2019-03-16 Thread Birthe C
Hi Admis,

As far as I can see, you have very few places that could be translated, but 
even so it would be nice to have an easy way of doing that. You see, your 
plugins are going to be VERY popular ;-)

To my knowledge very few plugin authors has done that. Thomas Elmiger did. 
The translations are in his Listreveal plugin 
https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftelmiger%2Flistreveal. 
Jan also did in Metatabs you can find it here: 
http://slidesnstories.tiddlyspot.com/#About%20MetaTabs.

Benefit: You avoid people (like myself) messing around with your plugins.

(I do realize this if of low priority)
Birthe

>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d48dc041-0dee-4305-bd76-05a4997740e9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander: Release Candidate

2019-03-16 Thread Watt
You're right, it's there. 
A strange anomaly looking at it today though, if I click Home, I then have 2 
tiddlers open - Tiddler Commander and $:/Commander. If I close them both I'm 
getting the red java error message. Click Home again and it disappears, 
replaced by the 2 tiddlers. Is it just me?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a182031d-0be9-4a7e-abf1-d60610978192%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: [tw5] Dear Tiddlywiki Group admin: please enable tags feature

2019-03-16 Thread Mohammad
Hi Jeremy!
 In the current list of forum tag there is nothing for CSS or Stylesheet!
I appreciate if you add one of them.

--Mohammad


On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 4:32:01 PM UTC+3:30, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
>
> I don’t think the tags we use here need be influenced by those used on 
> tiddlywiki.com.  I was thinking of types of post:
>
> #question
> #newbie
> #announcement
> #offtopic
>
> I don’t think we need many topic tags. Things like:
>
> #saving
> #wikitext
> #filters
> #widgets
> #css
>
>
> Best wishes
>
> Jeremy
>
>
> On 25 Feb 2019, at 12:55, @TiddlyTweeter  > wrote:
>
> S.S.
>
> I think its a relevant point. 
>
> Zillions of tag choices is too many.
>
> Too few is not enough.
>
> In terms of tags what number is workable to assist use?
>
> IMO, given that email users can't tag I'm wondering if, instead, we just 
> need a better way to interrogate mail-archive.com?
>
> Just thoughts
> Josiah
>
> On Monday, 25 February 2019 13:37:31 UTC+1, S. S. wrote:
>>
>>
>> Just <$count filter={{$:/core/Filters/AllTags!!filter}}/> tags to choose 
>> from!
>> <$list filter={{$:/core/Filters/AllTags!!filter}}>
>> <$transclude tiddler="$:/core/ui/TagTemplate
>> "/>
>> 
>>
>> Just 246 to choose from!
>>
>
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "TiddlyWiki" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to tiddlywiki+...@googlegroups.com .
> To post to this group, send email to tiddl...@googlegroups.com 
> .
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9e00f3df-2d2e-4449-b10d-bde027260e01%40googlegroups.com
>  
> 
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b0c817c4-1ab8-471e-aead-d51ae7b189f9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Tiddler Commander: Release Candidate

2019-03-16 Thread Mohammad
Hello Watt,
 Thank you! Just press the Home button on the sidebar it is there!

--Mohammad

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:31:56 AM UTC+3:30, Watt wrote:
>
> Great stuff Mohammad, it's looking very good and will be an essential 
> plugin for me. 
> What about a link to Tiddler Commander itself on that front page? 
> https://kookma.github.io/TW-Commander/#%24%3A%2FCommander 
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d0cf0e63-3647-4b5a-b133-df31f5988e27%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[tw5] Re: Selectable input fields - a work in progress

2019-03-16 Thread Mohammad
Interesting! The search box I noticed lets you scroll among result and by 
pressing the enter it gets and passes the input for further processing.
One other point is the saveTiddler attribute, as it lets prevent 
auto-triggering other processes!

This will let's developer a lot of flexibility!

--Mohammad
 

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 12:39:13 AM UTC+3:30, BurningTreeC wrote:
>
> Hi community,
>
> I'd like to show my selectable-inputs tiddlyspot page which is all about 
> text inputs whose text-content can be changed using keyboard shortcuts like 
> the down/up arrow keys
>
> http://selectable-inputs.tiddlyspot.com/
>
>
> It's a work in progress and I'd really like to work it out so that it can 
> safely be used
>
> It makes it possible to create input fields and textareas using a macro 
> that gives them wings ... ;)
>
> The page has a step-by-step how to and two demos in form of the search 
> field in the sidebar and the tags input of tiddlers in edit mode
>
>
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> All the best,
> BTC
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/555d58e3-74ae-4040-9602-1b538d03c7c3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.