[Touch-packages] [Bug 1927078] Re: Don't allow useradd to use fully numeric names

2021-06-16 Thread Steve Langasek
> I think our preference would be to disallow leading numeric digits > entirely so that for example, 0x0 and 0o0 would be blocked as well, > to try to prevent both user and programmatic confusion. Disallowing leading numeric digits entirely would, unfortunately, disable a significant class of

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1931994] Re: [Ubuntu 20.04] OpenSSL bugs im s390x AES code

2021-06-15 Thread Steve Langasek
** Tags added: fr-1444 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1931994 Title: [Ubuntu 20.04] OpenSSL bugs im s390x AES code Status in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 349469] Re: debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by another process: Resource temporarily unavailable

2021-06-13 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: aptdaemon Assignee: RICARDO ALEXIS RESTREPO RENGIFO (richard618921) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to debconf in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/349469 Title:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1921781] Re: Build-depends on qt5-default which is obsolete and dropped in hirsute

2021-06-11 Thread Steve Langasek
indicator-sound has reverse-dependencies, so this probably needs fixed rather than removed. ** Changed in: poppler-qml-plugin (Ubuntu) Status: New => Fix Released ** Changed in: qtpowerd (Ubuntu) Status: New => Fix Released ** Changed in: qtubuntu-cameraplugin-fake (Ubuntu)

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1922822] Re: Please remove qtpowerd from Ubuntu

2021-06-11 Thread Steve Langasek
Removing packages from impish: qtpowerd 0.2+13.10.20131014.3-0ubuntu4 in impish qtdeclarative5-qtpowerd0.1 0.2+13.10.20131014.3-0ubuntu4 in impish amd64 qtdeclarative5-qtpowerd0.1 0.2+13.10.20131014.3-0ubuntu4 in impish arm64

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1922823] Re: Please remove poppler-qml-plugin from Ubuntu

2021-06-11 Thread Steve Langasek
Removing packages from impish: poppler-qml-plugin 0.1.1+13.10.20130819.3-0ubuntu4~gcc5.2 in impish qtdeclarative5-poppler1.0 0.1.1+13.10.20130819.3-0ubuntu4~gcc5.2 in impish amd64 qtdeclarative5-poppler1.0 0.1.1+13.10.20130819.3-0ubuntu4~gcc5.2 in impish

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-05-30 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: GEO (geo218) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to useless

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1785383] Re: missing EDNS0 record confuses systemd-resolved

2021-05-28 Thread Steve Langasek
marking incomplete for hirsute based on Brian's comment above. ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Hirsute) Status: In Progress => Incomplete -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1664844] Re: No distinction between link-up and link-down interfaces

2021-05-28 Thread Steve Langasek
** Description changed: [Impact] Since very long, we had a feature request in netplan to determine the activation mode of a given network interface. We got requests to enable marking some interfaces as 'manual', meaning that networkd (or any other backend) would not control its state

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1903351] Re: ignore_eacces and ignore_erofs patches don't work properly

2021-05-28 Thread Steve Langasek
+ case EROFS: + ignore_failure = true; + xwarn(_("setting key \"%s\"%s"), outname, (ignore_failure?_(", ignoring"):"")); + break; default: xwarn(_("setting key \"%s\"%s"),

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1928695] Re: unable to install libjsoncpp-1 on ubuntu 21.04

2021-05-17 Thread Steve Langasek
The upstream ABI of libjsoncpp has changed, and libjsoncpp1 is not available in later releases. The project you point to has a buggy bootstrap script, it should be pointing at libjsoncpp-dev only, not at a specific soname of the runtime library. ** Changed in: libjsoncpp (Ubuntu) Status:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1898026] Re: interruption of dist-upgrade can leave you next release in sources.list

2021-05-14 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello udippel, or anyone else affected, Accepted ubuntu-release-upgrader into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source /ubuntu-release-upgrader/1:20.04.33 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-05-14 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Cristian (christianmateescu) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1926964] Re: missing libapt-pkg4.12 dependency

2021-05-03 Thread Steve Langasek
Apologies, it seems this was a copy that was missed. apt will be publishing shortly. Also, if you noticed this problem, you are running an unsupported release of Ubuntu and should upgrade. ** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu) Status: Triaged => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1926770] Re: Bluetooth switches back on each reboot

2021-04-30 Thread Steve Langasek
** Package changed: shim (Ubuntu) => bluez (Ubuntu) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1926770 Title: Bluetooth switches back on each reboot Status in bluez

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1926143] Re: DNS resolution faulty over openconnect

2021-04-26 Thread Steve Langasek
So, your VPN provider is serving incorrect DNS information. That's not a bug in resolvconf. Also, your bug report shows that you are using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. resolvconf has been deprecated in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS in favor of systemd- resolved. ** Changed in: resolvconf (Ubuntu) Status: New =>

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-04-24 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Amaan Ranapurwala (amaancrafter) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-04-10 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: luigi di matola (gigetto76) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-04-09 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Alireza (alirezat) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1920107] Re: Failed messages of sd-umoun show with reboot/shutdown

2021-04-09 Thread Steve Langasek
These messages appear to be coming from finalrd, and leading to an actual unclean shutdown. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1920107 Title: Failed messages

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-04-08 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu) Assignee: Ahmed Hallool (ahallool) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Ahmed Hallool (ahallool) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1921781] Re: Build-depends on qt5-default which is obsolete and dropped in hirsute

2021-04-07 Thread Steve Langasek
On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 10:56:02AM -, Khurshid Alam wrote: > What is alternet meta package which pulls default version of qt hirsute? There is none. There is no longer any non-default qt version supported, so the qtchooser logic is no longer needed. Build-Depend on the relevant qt5 devel

[Touch-packages] [Bug 388605] Re: [MIR] rsyslog

2021-04-05 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: rsyslog (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released ** Changed in: rsyslog (Ubuntu Groovy) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released ** Changed in: rsyslog (Ubuntu Bionic) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1921781] [NEW] Build-depends on qt5-default which is obsolete and dropped in hirsute

2021-03-29 Thread Steve Langasek
Public bug reported: These packages build-depend on the qt5-default package, which has been dropped upstream in Debian and will not be available in the hirsute release. These packages should either be updated to not require this build- dependency, or be removed from hirsute. ** Affects:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1921546] Re: [FFe] ubuntu-server to recommend needrestart

2021-03-26 Thread Steve Langasek
FFe approved. This has been discussed extensively and has only been blocked by the MIR completion. ** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) Status: New => Triaged -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1918021] Re: Got Setting up libpaper1:amd64 (1.1.28) ... ucf: do not have write privilege to the state data while building simple Docker container

2021-03-23 Thread Steve Langasek
I don't know why this would be specific to the docker.io package, but it must be a bug there, not with the packages that are quite reasonably attempting to write their state. ** Changed in: ucf (Ubuntu) Status: New => Invalid ** Changed in: libpaper (Ubuntu) Status: Confirmed =>

[Touch-packages] [Bug 439604] Re: boot process isn't paused while fsck runs on partition: boot process is completed with fsck running in the background preventing partition from mounting

2021-03-21 Thread Steve Langasek
This is a very old bug report and mountall is no longer part of the Ubuntu boot process on any supported Ubuntu desktop releases. It is therefore not constructive to ask your question here. Please either file a new bug report if you believe there is a bug in Ubuntu, or ask your question in one

[Touch-packages] [Bug 349469] Re: debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by another process: Resource temporarily unavailable

2021-02-18 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: debconf (Ubuntu) Assignee: Aayush Nepal (darkwebster82) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to debconf in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/349469 Title: debconf: DbDriver

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-02-13 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Samaun Parvez (parvez1) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-02-08 Thread Steve Langasek
** Project changed: ubuntubudgie => ubuntu-cdimage -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1914920] Re: package base-files 11ubuntu5 failed to install/upgrade: new base-files package pre-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 127

2021-02-07 Thread Steve Langasek
The error in your log is: Preparing to unpack .../base-files_11ubuntu5.3_amd64.deb ... Warning: Stopping motd-news.service, but it can still be activated by: motd-news.timer mv: error while loading shared libraries: +��g�ԇm^L:s�0��^Sš�p�^O�^G�{|��UTd���f�^S�z�"�-{��hk� 0^W&^LR�p�@�^GZ��y^X�

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1914922] Re: my resolv.conf file was pointing to the wrong place

2021-02-07 Thread Steve Langasek
This is not the wrong place. This is where resolv.conf is expected to point on recent versions of Ubuntu. ** Changed in: resolvconf (Ubuntu) Status: New => Invalid -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1829401] Please test proposed package

2021-02-03 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello errors.ubuntu.com, or anyone else affected, Accepted software-properties into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software- properties/0.98.9.4 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1829401] Re: gi.repository.GLib.GError: pk-client-error-quark: could not do untrusted question as no klass support

2021-02-03 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello errors.ubuntu.com, or anyone else affected, Accepted software-properties into groovy-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source /software-properties/0.99.3.1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-02-03 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: jacqueline fairgrieve (jac9) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1913629] Re: adduser: \/usr/bin/chfn -f systemd Time Synchronization systemd-timesync' returned error code 1. Exiting.`

2021-02-02 Thread Steve Langasek
If the target you're bootstrapping is Debian, and the failure is inside the chroot, this wouldn't be a bug in the Ubuntu pam package. It might be a bug in the Ubuntu version of fakechroot, which is where the Debian bug you linked you was assigned. -- You received this bug notification because

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-02-02 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: davi gouvea santos (davi33) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-01-30 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu) Assignee: Hamid Heravi (hamid-heravi) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-01-28 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Thanh Nguyen (32nguyen) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-01-24 Thread Steve Langasek
On January 24, 2021 12:12:19 AM PST, rew <1871...@bugs.launchpad.net> wrote: >Guys. What I don't get is that it is 2021 now, this bug has been >reported (in 2019) It was not reported in 2019, it was reported in 2020. The bug did not affect Ubuntu 20.04 at GA release time. The bug was

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-01-23 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu) Assignee: Hunter Temple (xdieagainx) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-01-23 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Daham Soysa (dahamsoysa) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1901528] Re: [Ubuntu 20.10] - When zlib acceleration is enabled, gzip fails when given multiple files larger than 5KB (gzip)

2021-01-19 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello bugproxy, or anyone else affected, Accepted gzip into groovy-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gzip/1.10-2ubuntu1.1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-01-14 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Released => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to useless

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1909698] Update Released

2021-01-07 Thread Steve Langasek
The verification of the Stable Release Update for tzdata has completed successfully and the package is now being released to -updates. Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report. In the event that you encounter a

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1909698] Please test proposed package

2021-01-06 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Tw1ce, or anyone else affected, Accepted tzdata into xenial-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tzdata/2020f- 0ubuntu0.16.04 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1909698] Re: new upstream release 2020f

2021-01-06 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Tw1ce, or anyone else affected, Accepted tzdata into bionic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tzdata/2020f- 0ubuntu0.18.04 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1909698] Please test proposed package

2021-01-06 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Tw1ce, or anyone else affected, Accepted tzdata into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tzdata/2020f- 0ubuntu0.20.04 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1909698] Re: new upstream release 2020f

2021-01-06 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Tw1ce, or anyone else affected, Accepted tzdata into groovy-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tzdata/2020f- 0ubuntu0.20.10 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1909390] Re: package libudev1 245.4-4ubuntu3.3 failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite shared '/usr/share/doc/libudev1/changelog.Debian.gz', which is different from other

2021-01-06 Thread Steve Langasek
> So there should not have been any 32/64-bit conflict; something appears to > have > happened on your system to corrupt the changelog.Debian.gz file, or maybe > mismatched versions of your 32 and 64 libudev1 packages were installed. Apt should be enforcing that the versions of the i386 and

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-01-02 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Pedro Tavares (cantattore) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1909791] Re: Pulseaudio profiles not available (analouge stereo) so no sound

2020-12-31 Thread Steve Langasek
** Tags removed: regression-update -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1909791 Title: Pulseaudio profiles not available (analouge stereo) so no sound

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-12-26 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Groovy) Status: Incomplete => Triaged ** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: ahmedtarek (ahmedtarek156) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Bionic) Assignee: ahmedtarek (ahmedtarek156) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu) Assignee:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-12-22 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu) Assignee: star hvh (starhvh) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to useless

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-12-16 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: alvaro (alvariturituro) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1908136] Re: no_proxy=::1 is not honored by curl in Bionic and earlier versions

2020-12-15 Thread Steve Langasek
While there is a curl bug here that older versions do not honor ipv6 addresses in no_proxy, there's no information here that explains why you think this caused a *regression* in autopkgtests. Tests attempting to use the http proxy to connect to ::1 will fail with or without adding ::1 to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-12-13 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Abdelrahman Moharram (abd0) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1664818] Re: Not possible to render pre-up, pre-down, post-up, or post-down snippets

2020-12-11 Thread Steve Langasek
To my knowledge, networkd-dispatcher has no way to do 'pre' hooks on systemd-networkd events, so this is still a valid feature request. ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu) Status: Invalid => Triaged ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu) Milestone: ubuntu-17.05 => None ** Changed in: systemd

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1907496] Re: python-apt-common 2.1.3ubuntu1.1 Ubuntu.info doesn't have 'groovy'

2020-12-09 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: python-apt (Ubuntu Groovy) Status: Triaged => In Progress ** Changed in: python-apt (Ubuntu Groovy) Assignee: (unassigned) => Steve Langasek (vorlon) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subs

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1907496] Re: python-apt-common 2.1.3ubuntu1.1 Ubuntu.info doesn't have 'groovy'

2020-12-09 Thread Steve Langasek
this package has been rolled back from groovy-security and groovy- updates, pending a fixed package -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to python-apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1907496 Title:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1884514] Re: [FFe][20.10 FEAT] zlib/gzip hardware compression enablement

2020-12-09 Thread Steve Langasek
** Tags added: fr-994 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to zlib in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1884514 Title: [FFe][20.10 FEAT] zlib/gzip hardware compression enablement Status in Ubuntu on IBM z

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-12-06 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Stanislav (stanislav1590) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1906565] Please test proposed package

2020-12-04 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Brian, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into xenial-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.1-0ubuntu2.28 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1906565] Please test proposed package

2020-12-04 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Brian, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into bionic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.9-0ubuntu7.21 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1906565] Please test proposed package

2020-12-04 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Brian, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into groovy-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.11-0ubuntu50.3 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1906565] Re: traceback when running apport as non-root user

2020-12-04 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Brian, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.11-0ubuntu27.14 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1901609] Please test proposed package

2020-12-04 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Sandro, or anyone else affected, Accepted signon into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/signon/8.59+17.10.20170606-0ubuntu2.20.04.1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1901609] Re: signond causes qprocess crash

2020-12-04 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Sandro, or anyone else affected, Accepted signon into groovy-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/signon/8.59+17.10.20170606-0ubuntu2.20.10.1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-12-04 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Shiroe (shiroe26102001) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-12-04 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: William Chin (wmchin2003) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1902760] Re: Please merge linker bugfix into Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

2020-11-25 Thread Steve Langasek
blocked on this being in the 2.34 branch upstream ** Changed in: binutils (Ubuntu) Status: New => Incomplete -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to binutils in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1902760

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-11-16 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Bionic) Status: Fix Released => Triaged ** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Released => Triaged ** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu) Status: Fix Released => Invalid -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-11-08 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: Simeon (simeon0806) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu) Assignee: Simeon (simeon0806) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu) Assignee: Simeon (simeon0806) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1895360] Re: Terminal (and other default Ubuntu apps) won't launch due to missing libffi.so.7 in 20.10

2020-11-05 Thread Steve Langasek
You have a locally-installed python which is not compatible with the libraries in Ubuntu 20.10. This is not a bug in Ubuntu. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libffi in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 349469] Re: debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by another process: Resource temporarily unavailable

2020-11-01 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: debconf (Ubuntu) Assignee: Ahmed Mohamed Tayel (atayel18) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: aptdaemon (Ubuntu) Assignee: Ahmed Mohamed Tayel (atayel18) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: aptdaemon Assignee: Ahmed Mohamed Tayel (atayel18) => (unassigned) -- You received

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-10-31 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu) Assignee: Ahmed Mohamed Tayel (atayel18) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1901020] Update Released

2020-10-29 Thread Steve Langasek
The verification of the Stable Release Update for tzdata has completed successfully and the package is now being released to -updates. Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report. In the event that you encounter a

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1860826] Re: pam_unix(sudo:auth): Couldn't open /etc/securetty: No such file or directory

2020-10-27 Thread Steve Langasek
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 03:49:30AM -, Zach H wrote: > Hi, just to confirm that this may be a bigger issue than first > anticipated - on Ubuntu Server 20.04 this is causing issues with logins > via sftp/ftp. Why do you believe your issue is caused by this bug? The only known effect of this

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1901528] Re: [Ubuntu 20.10] - When zlib acceleration is enabled, gzip fails when given multiple files larger than 5KB (gzip)

2020-10-26 Thread Steve Langasek
** Tags added: fr-859 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to zlib in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1901528 Title: [Ubuntu 20.10] - When zlib acceleration is enabled, gzip fails when given multiple

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1879085] Re: update-initramfs can't handle encrypted swap-files

2020-10-22 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu) Status: Confirmed => Invalid ** Changed in: cryptsetup (Ubuntu) Status: New => Confirmed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1901020] Re: new upstream release 2020d

2020-10-22 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Brian, or anyone else affected, Accepted tzdata into groovy-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tzdata/2020d-1ubuntu1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1897934] Re: The initial sound level is set to zero (mute)

2020-10-21 Thread Steve Langasek
The alsa-driver package hasn't changed since 2015. This is almost certainly either a pulseaudio bug or a kernel bug. ** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu) Status: Confirmed => Invalid -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-10-21 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu) Assignee: KUNTAL KANTI SWAR (kkswar) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails when

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1899857] Re: [SRU] alsa-lib: support the enum value settings both in "" and in ''

2020-10-15 Thread Steve Langasek
Hello Hui, or anyone else affected, Accepted alsa-lib into groovy-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa- lib/1.2.3.2-1ubuntu2 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1898729] Re: shim can end up being removed

2020-10-15 Thread Steve Langasek
** Also affects: apt (Ubuntu Groovy) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Also affects: shim (Ubuntu Groovy) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Also affects: apt (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Also affects: shim (Ubuntu Focal) Importance:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1865226] Re: gdm-smartcard pam config needs to be updated for Ubuntu and installed

2020-10-13 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: pam (Ubuntu Bionic) Status: New => Invalid ** Changed in: pam (Ubuntu Focal) Status: New => Invalid -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pam in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-10-11 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: exelvi (exelvi) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails when "Install

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1899027] Re: package libpam0g:amd64 1.3.1-5ubuntu4.1 failed to install/upgrade: installed libpam0g:amd64 package post-installation script subprocess was killed by signal (Aborted

2020-10-08 Thread Steve Langasek
The error in the log is: Setting up libpam0g:amd64 (1.3.1-5ubuntu4.1) ... Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.avail/53-monospace-lcd-filter.conf", line 10: Having multiple values in isn't supported and may not work as expected Checking for services that may need to be restarted...Checking

[Touch-packages] [Bug 349469] Re: debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by another process: Resource temporarily unavailable

2020-10-07 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: debconf (Ubuntu) Status: Confirmed => Triaged ** Changed in: aptdaemon (Ubuntu) Status: Confirmed => Invalid -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to debconf in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1888575] Re: Split motd-news config into a new package

2020-10-07 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: livecd-rootfs (Ubuntu Xenial) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to base-files in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1888575 Title: Split motd-news

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1888575] Re: Split motd-news config into a new package

2020-10-07 Thread Steve Langasek
** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-xenial ** Tags added: verification-done-xenial -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to base-files in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1888575 Title:

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1898729] Re: shim can end up being removed

2020-10-07 Thread Steve Langasek
On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 10:10:57AM -, Julian Andres Klode wrote: > We could mark bootloader packages as Protected: yes (Important: yes > before groovy). That would not only prevent autoremoval, it would also > add another step to manual removal as it triggers the same removal > prompts as

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1898729] Re: shim can end up being removed

2020-10-06 Thread Steve Langasek
Ok. If this was initially installed using a currently-supported release, it might be good to look back at the logs and at the code in that version of the installer, to see if there's something we should fix wrt the shim-signed package being marked as auto-installed instead of manual. (But a

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1898729] Re: shim can end up being removed

2020-10-06 Thread Steve Langasek
In order to understand the priority: did this happen with or without -proposed enabled on the system? Do you have apt logs from the actual removal? And when you say "autoremoval", did this actually happen as part of an apt autoremove operation? -- You received this bug notification because you

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-10-06 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu) Status: Fix Released => Confirmed ** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Bionic) Status: Fix Released => Confirmed ** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Released => Confirmed ** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu) Status: Fix Released => Invalid **

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-10-06 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu) Assignee: Nyi Zaw Htet (nyizawhtet) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails when

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1898386] Re: package libpam0g:amd64 1.3.1-5ubuntu4.1 failed to install/upgrade: el paquete libpam0g:amd64 no está listo para configurarse no se puede configurar (estado actual `

2020-10-03 Thread Steve Langasek
Unfortunately, your bug report does not include enough information for us to act on it. It shows that the libpam0g package is in state 'half- installed', but does not show why it got that way. Please attach /var/log/apt/term.log from your system. ** Changed in: pam (Ubuntu) Status: New

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-10-03 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu) Assignee: Andrzej Jonczy (andree0) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Bionic) Assignee: Andrzej Jonczy (andree0) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu) Assignee: Andrzej Jonczy (andree0) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu Focal)

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2020-10-02 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu) Assignee: payam ghaffari (payamgh) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails when

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1897858] Re: [UIFe] IBus 1.5.23

2020-10-02 Thread Steve Langasek
** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu) Status: In Progress => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1897858 Title: [UIFe] IBus 1.5.23 Status in ibus

  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   >