Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-21 Thread Craig Barnes
On 20 July 2012 08:30, Cédric Krier cedric.kr...@b2ck.com wrote: On 20/07/12 07:46 +0530, Teagarden wrote: On 20-Jul-2012, at 1:54 AM, Cédric Krier cedric.kr...@b2ck.com wrote: On 19/07/12 22:03 +0200, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote: Why we don't add tryton.org (or the tryton foundation)

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-19 Thread Raimon Esteve
2012/7/18 Cédric Krier cedric.kr...@b2ck.com: It is http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browseshow=allc=551 I think the problem is modules are available in pypi site, not the module name Raimon -- -- tryton@googlegroups.com mailing list

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-19 Thread Nicolas Évrard
* Raimon Esteve [2012-07-19 18:20 +0200]: 2012/7/18 Cédric Krier cedric.kr...@b2ck.com: It is http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browseshow=allc=551 I think the problem is modules are available in pypi site, not the module name I disagree. As I told you on twitter, we have two ways to

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-19 Thread Cédric Krier
On 19/07/12 22:31 +0200, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote: Al 19/07/12 22:24, En/na Cédric Krier ha escrit: On 19/07/12 22:03 +0200, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote: Why we don't add tryton.org (or the tryton foundation) in Package Index Owner and Package Index Maintainer to denote an official

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-19 Thread Craig Barnes
On 19 July 2012 21:43, Cédric Krier cedric.kr...@b2ck.com wrote: On 19/07/12 22:31 +0200, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote: Al 19/07/12 22:24, En/na Cédric Krier ha escrit: On 19/07/12 22:03 +0200, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote: Why we don't add tryton.org (or the tryton foundation) in

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-19 Thread Cédric Krier
On 19/07/12 22:03 +0100, Craig Barnes wrote: Maybe we should adopt a convention for community pipy package names i.e. trytond_community_packagename I find trytond_community also confusing because Tryton is a community. I don't believe we can reserve prefixes in pypi so we cant stop those

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-18 Thread Cédric Krier
On 18/07/12 08:24 +0530, Sharoon Thomas wrote: On Jul 18, 2012, at 4:07 AM, Cédric Krier wrote: And finaly as we have a Tryton classifier, it will be great to not prefix those modules with trytond_ which also could confuse people. Other recommendations are fine, but these modules may

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-18 Thread Cédric Krier
On 18/07/12 17:02 +0200, Raimon Esteve wrote: 2012/7/18 Cédric Krier cedric.kr...@b2ck.com: And finaly as we have a Tryton classifier, it will be great to not prefix those modules with trytond_ which also could confuse people. We like trytond prefix because all tryton server modules are

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-18 Thread Raimon Esteve
Ok but I think we will have trouble in the future because we will have names collision. IMHO, I don't like company prefix same as openerp modules :( pip install is available no-dependencies option. Raimon -- -- tryton@googlegroups.com mailing list

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-18 Thread Raimon Esteve
2012/7/18 Raimon Esteve raimonest...@gmail.com: Ok but I think we will have trouble in the future because we will have names collision. Last TUL, we talk about list modules availables (not only from tryton.org). I don't talk about app repository, if not wiki or similar (documentation). This

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-18 Thread Cédric Krier
On 18/07/12 17:23 +0200, Raimon Esteve wrote: 2012/7/18 Raimon Esteve raimonest...@gmail.com: Ok but I think we will have trouble in the future because we will have names collision. Last TUL, we talk about list modules availables (not only from tryton.org). I don't talk about app

[tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-17 Thread Cédric Krier
Hi, We see more and more third party modules, it is great for Tryton but I see often that developpers just copy/paste the README file which could bring some missunderstanding because it asks to report issues to the bug tracker of Tryton. Also in the code, developpers just reused the copyright

Re: [tryton] About external module and README

2012-07-17 Thread Sharoon Thomas
On Jul 18, 2012, at 4:07 AM, Cédric Krier wrote: And finaly as we have a Tryton classifier, it will be great to not prefix those modules with trytond_ which also could confuse people. Other recommendations are fine, but these modules may still need to use 'trytond_' as a prefix so that