[Bug 1962614] Re: [BPO] memtest86+/5.31b+dfsg-4 from Jammy to Focal

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
thanks, I reviewed and uploaded to the focal-backports queue. ** Changed in: memtest86+ (Ubuntu Focal) Status: New => In Progress -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1962614 Title:

[Bug 1968076] Re: [BPO] ipmctl with support for CPS hardware

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
@kilobyte have you been able to find a sponsor to upload for you, and also can you clarify that you tested the backport and verified it works correctly (as mentioned in comment 3)? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1962614] Re: [BPO] memtest86+/5.31b+dfsg-4 from Jammy to Focal

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
** Also affects: memtest86+ (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Changed in: memtest86+ (Ubuntu) Status: Confirmed => Invalid -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1965758] Re: [BPO] debhelper/13.6ubuntu1 from jammy to bionic, focal, impish

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
uploaded to -backports queues for bionic and focal. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1965758 Title: [BPO] debhelper/13.6ubuntu1 from jammy to bionic, focal, impish To manage

[Bug 1965800] Re: [BPO] debhelper in focal-backports not usable for i386 package building (missing dependency)

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
uploaded to -backports queues for bionic and focal -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1965800 Title: [BPO] debhelper in focal-backports not usable for i386 package building (missing

[Bug 1965758] Re: [BPO] debhelper/13.6ubuntu1 from jammy to bionic, focal, impish

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
as impish is a non-LTS release and will EOL next month, marking as wontfix. ** Changed in: debhelper (Ubuntu Impish) Status: New => Won't Fix -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1965800] Re: [BPO] debhelper in focal-backports not usable for i386 package building (missing dependency)

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
The backporters team decided in a previous mtg to take the approach of reverting the use of debugedit. ** Summary changed: - debhelper in focal-backports not usable for i386 package building (missing dependency) + [BPO] debhelper in focal-backports not usable for i386 package building (missing

[Bug 1963829] Re: [BPO] primecount/7.2+ds-6 from jammy

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
As this still requires a sponsor, I'm unsubscribing ubuntu-backporters team, and subscribing the ubuntu-sponsors team, however it's up to you (Preetham Gujjula) to follow through with preparing the backported package and finding a sponsor to upload it for you. -- You received this bug

[Bug 1967003] Re: [BPO] obfs4proxy/0.0.13-1 from jammy

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
As this still requires a sponsor, I'm unsubscribing ubuntu-backporters team, and subscribing the ubuntu-sponsors team, however it's up to you (wurstsemmel) to follow through with preparing the backported package and finding a sponsor to upload it for you. -- You received this bug notification

[Bug 1974167] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.2 from Kinetic to Focal

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: opencpn (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1974167 Title: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.2 from Kinetic to Focal

[Bug 1974167] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.2 from Kinetic to Focal

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: opencpn (Ubuntu Focal) Status: New => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1974167 Title: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.2 from Kinetic to Focal To manage

[Bug 1974167] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.2 from Kinetic to Focal

2022-06-01 Thread Dan Streetman
** Also affects: opencpn (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Changed in: opencpn (Ubuntu) Status: New => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1964494] Re: Setting DuplicateAddressDetection=none doesn't disable DAD for link-local IPs

2022-05-31 Thread Dan Streetman
** Description changed: - A customer reported network disconnections on their storage + [impact] + + manual disabling of ipv4 DAD (IACD) for static link-local address does + not work in jammy + + [test case] + + see 'Reproducer' in original description below + + [regression potential] + +

[Bug 1940715] Re: systemd-resolved restricts edns0 advertised max size to 512

2022-05-22 Thread Dan Streetman
** Description changed: [impact] when talking to upstream nameservers, systemd-resolved limits its advertised max packet size as 512 in its edns0 opt. However, one of the primary benefits of edns0 is to allow using packet sizes larger than 512, which is the pre-edns0 max packet size.

[Bug 1940715] Re: systemd-resolved restricts edns0 advertised max size to 512

2022-05-22 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Hirsute) Status: In Progress => Won't Fix ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu) Status: Confirmed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1881207] Re: systemd-networkd brings eno1 up and down repeatedly

2022-05-22 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu) Assignee: Dan Streetman (ddstreet) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Bionic) Assignee: Dan Streetman (ddstreet) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Eoan) Assignee: Dan Streetman (ddstreet) => (unassigned) *

[Bug 1973594] Re: [BPO] libreoffice 7.2.7 for focal

2022-05-19 Thread Dan Streetman
This is released now for focal-backports, except for arm64/armhf, which appear to be having quite a hard time keeping up with builds, as they currently haven't even started: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/1:7.2.7-0ubuntu0.21.10.1~bpo20.04.1 I'm marking this fix released for

[Bug 1968805] Re: Hibernation fails when an additional swapfile is added due to priority mismatch

2022-05-19 Thread Dan Streetman
uploaded to k, thanks! -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1968805 Title: Hibernation fails when an additional swapfile is added due to priority mismatch To manage notifications about

[Bug 1962743] Re: [BPO] freeipmi/1.6.9-2 from Jammy to Focal

2022-05-19 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: freeipmi (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1962743 Title: [BPO] freeipmi/1.6.9-2 from Jammy to Focal To

[Bug 1971109] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.2 from Kinetic to Jammy

2022-05-18 Thread Dan Streetman
Ok that sounds good to me, thanks! One note for future changes, in this upload the bug reference was 'LP: 1971109', however the launchpad tooling requires that to be 'LP: #1971109' (with the '#'); it's not important enough to require a new upload but do try to remember for next upload. ** Also

[Bug 1973594] Re: [BPO] libreoffice 7.2.7 for focal

2022-05-18 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu Focal) Status: In Progress => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1973594 Title: [BPO] libreoffice 7.2.7 for focal To manage

[Bug 1962743] Re: [BPO] freeipmi/1.6.9-2 from Jammy to Focal

2022-05-18 Thread Dan Streetman
Hi, sorry for the delay, accepted into focal-backports. ** Changed in: freeipmi (Ubuntu Focal) Status: In Progress => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1962743

[Bug 1971109] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.2 from Kinetic to Jammy

2022-05-18 Thread Dan Streetman
Looks mostly ok, couple of questions though: 1) the description says 5.6.2 has several important bugfixes; if that means the 5.6.0 version in jammy is affected by those bugs, the correct approach is to patch that version to fix the bugs. The backports pocket shouldn't be used *instead* of the SRU

[Bug 1961833] Re: openssh 8.8 breaks login to Canonical servers

2022-05-12 Thread Dan Streetman
interestingly, paramiko is also broken when connecting to older servers, but not for the same reason as this bug. See bug 1973241 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1961833 Title:

[Bug 1973241] Re: Paramiko 2.9.0 breaks compatibility with devices only supporting ssh-rsa and not supporting server-sig-algs

2022-05-12 Thread Dan Streetman
Note that for servers showing this problem, using openssh to connect is also broken, but for a different reason (because the ssh-rsa alg is disallowed by default), see bug 1961833 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1973241] [NEW] Paramiko 2.9.0 breaks compatibility with devices only supporting ssh-rsa and not supporting server-sig-algs

2022-05-12 Thread Dan Streetman
Public bug reported: [impact] paramiko fails to connect to some servers. [test case] attempt to connect to a server that does not support server-sig-algs and also only supports ssh-rsa (specifically, does not support rsa- sha2-512). the connection will fail:

[Bug 1961833] Re: openssh 8.8 breaks login to Canonical servers

2022-05-12 Thread Dan Streetman
For reference to anyone coming here with this problem, when connecting to a remote sshd server you can find what host key algorithms the remote host uses by using -vv and check the debug output; look first for the *peer* server KEXINIT proposal (not the earlier *local client* KEXINIT proposal):

[Bug 1940141] Re: OpenSSL servers can send a non-empty status_request in a CertificateRequest

2022-05-10 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: openssl (Ubuntu) Assignee: Nicolas Bock (nicolasbock) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: openssl (Ubuntu Bionic) Assignee: Nicolas Bock (nicolasbock) => Bruce Elrick (virtuous-sloth) ** Changed in: openssl (Ubuntu Bionic) Status: Fix Committed => In Progress ** Tags

[Bug 1933363] Re: Backport reprepro fixes to focal..hirsute

2022-05-05 Thread Dan Streetman
** Also affects: reprepro (Ubuntu Bionic) Importance: Undecided Status: New -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1933363 Title: Backport reprepro fixes to focal..hirsute To

[Bug 1965325] Re: upstream patch from opendev - double encoding-decoding

2022-05-03 Thread Dan Streetman
uploaded to kinetic, thanks! -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1965325 Title: upstream patch from opendev - double encoding-decoding To manage notifications about this bug go to:

[Bug 1969808] Re: [BPO] libreoffice 7.2.6 for focal

2022-04-29 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1969808 Title: [BPO] libreoffice 7.2.6 for focal To manage

[Bug 1969808] Re: [BPO] libreoffice 7.2.6 for focal

2022-04-28 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu Focal) Status: In Progress => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1969808 Title: [BPO] libreoffice 7.2.6 for focal To manage

[Bug 1906331] Re: systemd-resolve crashes fairly often (and reports various assertions)

2022-04-25 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu) Assignee: Dan Streetman (ddstreet) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Hirsute) Assignee: Dan Streetman (ddstreet) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to

[Bug 1928733] Re: Starting systemd Network Service fails with "Invalid argument"

2022-04-25 Thread Dan Streetman
per comment 6, this should be fixed in jammy, so marking fixed released there. ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu) Status: Triaged => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1967920] Re: sysconfig installation scheme change breaks stuff

2022-04-25 Thread Dan Streetman
> You sure nothing else needs to be done for this in Debian? To be specific: are you sure that it's better to leave {base} set to /usr and prefix the various paths with 'local'? Any package build that chooses a different {base} will then still have things put into their custom {base}/local/...

[Bug 1967920] Re: sysconfig installation scheme change breaks stuff

2022-04-25 Thread Dan Streetman
> This is by design. See: https://lists.debian.org/debian- python/2022/03/msg00039.html I get that, my point is it doesn't seem to be done correctly. > There was a Debian bug tracking the effect on Meson, apparently the issue was > fixed upstream. > See:

[Bug 1939255] Re: dhclient triggers systemd-resolved start limit when processing more than 5 interfaces at once

2022-04-18 Thread Dan Streetman
> It seems this issue may occur not only when receiving addresses on multiple interfaces, but also when dhcp requests on multiple interfaces times out and the hook script was called with 'reason' == FAIL. yep, the try-reload-or-restart is done for those as well and this should be fixed for those

[Bug 1968805] Re: Hibernation fails when an additional swapfile is added due to priority mismatch

2022-04-18 Thread Dan Streetman
I have no comment on working around this by changing ec2-hibinit-agent, but is this a dup of bug 1910252 (i.e. maybe fixing that bug would solve this as well?) I never found time to fix that bug with upstream systemd (and sru the fix) but it's probably worth doing at some point. -- You received

[Bug 1967920] [NEW] sysconfig installation scheme change breaks stuff

2022-04-05 Thread Dan Streetman
Public bug reported: the 3.10 version of python in debian and ubuntu appears to have changed its installation scheme from 'posix_prefix' to the debian-specific 'posix_local', which breaks things, for example meson is no longer buildable:

[Bug 1967920] Re: sysconfig installation scheme change breaks stuff

2022-04-05 Thread Dan Streetman
I suspect this might be a rather critical problem to fix before jammy releases? Just guessing though. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1967920 Title: sysconfig installation scheme

[Bug 1966381] Re: applications crash that never crashed under Ubuntu-20.04

2022-04-01 Thread Dan Streetman
> I think you have a problem there too. oh I'm certainly not claiming a 1g default swap is appropriate, that does seem far, far too small to me and will likely cause widespread issues beyond just this, I was only saying that tweaking the systemd- oomd swap % full setting would IMHO not be likely

[Bug 1966381] Re: applications crash that never crashed under Ubuntu-20.04

2022-03-31 Thread Dan Streetman
> it's going to be hard to get around the core issue of oomd counting pagecache as memory pressure assuming my quick 10-minute assessment of this bug is correct, of course...maybe i'm totally wrong about what the problem is ;-) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of

[Bug 1966381] Re: applications crash that never crashed under Ubuntu-20.04

2022-03-31 Thread Dan Streetman
> So, maybe the default SwapUsedLimit is not appropriate for Ubuntu I don't think tweaking that will help much if at all, it's going to be hard to get around the core issue of oomd counting pagecache as memory pressure -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu

[Bug 1966381] Re: applications crash that never crashed under Ubuntu-20.04

2022-03-31 Thread Dan Streetman
wow, looking at the systemd code (even upstream), oomd is counting pagecache as 'used' memory which is massively unfair as the kernel is responsible for pagecache use, not userspace, and it's not even accurate (from a OOM perspective) since the kernel will drop pagecache as memory pressure

[Bug 1964632] Re: [BPO] gramps/5.1.5-1 from jammy

2022-03-31 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: gramps (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released ** Changed in: gramps (Ubuntu Impish) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1964632] Re: [BPO] gramps/5.1.5-1 from jammy

2022-03-31 Thread Dan Streetman
> Sorry for not making clear my intentions in the bug description. No problem, it was my misunderstanding, and sorry for the confusion. ** Changed in: gramps (Ubuntu) Status: New => Fix Released ** Changed in: gramps (Ubuntu Impish) Status: New => Fix Committed ** Changed in:

[Bug 1965180] Re: apt-add-repository requires --login for private repos, breaking automated workflows

2022-03-30 Thread Dan Streetman
** Merge proposal linked: https://code.launchpad.net/~ddstreet/software-properties/+git/software-properties/+merge/417981 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1965180 Title:

[Bug 1965800] Re: debhelper in focal-backports not usable for i386 package building (missing dependency)

2022-03-29 Thread Dan Streetman
> also backporting debugedit sounds like the correct thing to do I don't think we can backport debugedit for i386 currently, since debugedit's i386 build depends on debhelper which depends on debugedit's i386 build. Maybe we can do a build without the backports pocket in a PPA, then binary-copy

[Bug 1965758] Re: [BPO] debhelper/13.6ubuntu1 from jammy to bionic, focal, impish

2022-03-29 Thread Dan Streetman
> *If* want to fix this in bionic and focal, a full SRU will be required agreed, and that would require its own [SRU] bug separate from this [BPO] bug > I'll take this on, I have some spare cycles today this afternoon. @teward did you get a chance to prepare this? I didn't see it in the upload

[Bug 1962743] Re: [BPO] freeipmi/1.6.9-2 from Jammy to Focal

2022-03-29 Thread Dan Streetman
Just a note that this needs a sponsor to review and upload it. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1962743 Title: [BPO] freeipmi/1.6.9-2 from Jammy to Focal To manage notifications about

[Bug 1951601] Re: [BPO] simplestreams/0.1.0-48-gb936edd4-0ubuntu1 from Jammy to bionic, focal

2022-03-29 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: simplestreams (Ubuntu Bionic) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1951601 Title: [BPO]

[Bug 1964632] Re: [BPO] gramps/5.1.5-1 from jammy

2022-03-29 Thread Dan Streetman
I just realized I probably misunderstood, as this is fixing bugs in the *previous* backport for this, which (if that's the case) is totally fine to backport as-is. Can you just clarify if that's correct, and also if any of this backport, or the last backport, fixes bugs in the official focal

[Bug 1964632] Re: [BPO] gramps/5.1.5-1 from jammy

2022-03-29 Thread Dan Streetman
It's slightly concerning that -backports may be getting used here just for fixes? The concern is that bug fixes should be done as SRU so that everyone gets the bug fixes. The backports pocket generally should be limited to mainly pulling new features/functionality back; stuff that would be

[Bug 1951601] Re: [BPO] simplestreams/0.1.0-48-gb936edd4-0ubuntu1 from Jammy to bionic, focal

2022-03-29 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: simplestreams (Ubuntu Bionic) Status: In Progress => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1951601 Title: [BPO] simplestreams/0.1.0-48-gb936edd4-0ubuntu1

[Bug 1940141] Re: OpenSSL servers can send a non-empty status_request in a CertificateRequest

2022-03-23 Thread Dan Streetman
uploaded to bionic queue, thanks! -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1940141 Title: OpenSSL servers can send a non-empty status_request in a CertificateRequest To manage notifications

[Bug 1940141] Re: OpenSSL servers can send a non-empty status_request in a CertificateRequest

2022-03-23 Thread Dan Streetman
If you'd rather remove the opt-in part, that's fine with me; I can sponsor the debdiff then with the opt-in parts left out, if that works for you Bruce and Nicolas. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1940141] Re: OpenSSL servers can send a non-empty status_request in a CertificateRequest

2022-03-23 Thread Dan Streetman
@ubuntu-security since this is openssl, could you give the debdiff a review? I can sponsor it as a normal SRU if you have no objections (and the changes look ok to you), as it doesn't really seem like it would specifically need to go to the -security pocket. -- You received this bug notification

[Bug 1940141] Re: OpenSSL servers can send a non-empty status_request in a CertificateRequest

2022-03-23 Thread Dan Streetman
> It's not needed for actual functionality of the backport but that assumes that any future backports or fixes don't break this backport yes i get that, my comment is about whether or not the patch changes any code *outside* of the self-tests, e.g. the TLSProxy perl code changes. If that's *only*

[Bug 1940141] Re: OpenSSL servers can send a non-empty status_request in a CertificateRequest

2022-03-23 Thread Dan Streetman
The 2nd upstream patch appears to add new functionality, for actually parsing a certificate request; is that actually needed (outside of the self-tests)? If not, it shouldn't be included in the backport. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is

[Bug 1964486] Re: crash when in FIPS mode

2022-03-15 Thread Dan Streetman
> Default to SHA256 for key fingerprints. Typically changes should go upstream first, and it doesn't seem this was patched upstream yet or even an issue opened? And not patched in Debian yet either? > MD5 is long deprecated, OpenSSH has switched to SHA256. is this accurate even for key

[Bug 1962332] Re: xenial systemd fails to start if cgroup2 is mounted

2022-03-14 Thread Dan Streetman
> I have update ongoing on esm-infa-staging for it just to clarify, if the systemd patch isn't added to the actual main (currently closed) xenial-updates repo, it won't be very much help to anyone wanting to create new xenial containers on jammy. So, just patching systemd in the esm repo likely

[Bug 1964494] Re: Setting DuplicateAddressDetection=none doesn't disable DAD for link-local IPs

2022-03-10 Thread Dan Streetman
> I think this commit [1] may be related (landed in systemd v249) yeah, that commit seems to be intentionally forcing ACD on for statically configured ipv4, i'm not sure quite why, it seems like a user-configured setting should be honored; but possibly Yu was trying to default it to on instead of

[Bug 1964486] Re: crash when in FIPS mode

2022-03-10 Thread Dan Streetman
@ubuntu-security team, as this only affects FIPS, could you take a look at this and determine if you should create a FIPS-specific version of this package? ** Also affects: pam-ssh-agent-auth (Ubuntu Bionic) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Also affects: pam-ssh-agent-auth (Ubuntu

[Bug 1964486] [NEW] crash when in FIPS mode

2022-03-10 Thread Dan Streetman
Public bug reported: [impact] when in FIPS mode, MD5 is not allowed; however in pamsshagentauth_check_authkeys_file(), if a key match is found for a key is found, its MD5 fingerprint is generated in order to log the fingerprint. Unfortunately that calls into pamsshagentauth_key_fingerprint_raw()

[Bug 1951601] Re: [BPO] backport 0.1.0-48-gb936edd4-0ubuntu1 to bionic, focal

2022-03-02 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: simplestreams (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1951601 Title: [BPO] backport 0.1.0-48-gb936edd4-0ubuntu1 to

[Bug 1951601] Re: [BPO] backport 0.1.0-48-gb936edd4-0ubuntu1 to bionic, focal

2022-03-02 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: simplestreams (Ubuntu Focal) Status: In Progress => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1951601 Title: [BPO] backport 0.1.0-48-gb936edd4-0ubuntu1 to

[Bug 1951601] Re: [BPO] backport 0.1.0-48-gb936edd4-0ubuntu1 to bionic, focal

2022-03-01 Thread Dan Streetman
Everything looks good to me, just one question - I see uvtool-libvirt depends on python3-simplestreams, have you looked at and/or tested uvtool on focal with the backported python3-simplestreams? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed

[Bug 1962038] Re: wrong sysrq value in /usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-default.conf

2022-03-01 Thread Dan Streetman
> systemd should drop its setting to defer to the file that we have been carrying in procps for a very long time. at some point it would be a better idea to drop the procps files and adjust the systemd defaults where/if needed. The sysctl configuration hasn't been applied by procps since upstart;

[Bug 1876157] Re: Memtest86+ in Ubuntu 20.04 doesn't work, switch to Coreboot branch or package new release v5.31b is available since 12/04/2020

2022-03-01 Thread Dan Streetman
> 5.31b+dfsg-4 is now in Jammy, can be considered this "bug" as solved? since it's still 'broken' in focal, i added a focal target, but changed the main bug to 'resolved'. the focal target could be changed to 'wontfix' if you don't think you will fix it there, or you could SRU the entire newer

[Bug 1962332] Re: xenial systemd fails to start if cgroup2 is mounted

2022-02-28 Thread Dan Streetman
> "so this is fixed already in f and later" - think you mean "b and later" here? yes sorry, fixed in b and later ** Description changed: [impact] now that jammy has moved to using unified cgroup2, containers started on jammy must also use unified cgroup2 (since the cgroup subsystems

[Bug 1962286] Re: [FFE] sshuttle merged to 1.1.0-1ubuntu1 fails autopkgtests

2022-02-25 Thread Dan Streetman
For the xenial container under jammy problem, I opened bug 1962332 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1962286 Title: [FFE] sshuttle merged to 1.1.0-1ubuntu1 fails autopkgtests To manage

[Bug 1962332] [NEW] xenial systemd fails to start if cgroup2 is mounted

2022-02-25 Thread Dan Streetman
Public bug reported: [impact] now that jammy has moved to using unified cgroup2, containers started on jammy must also use unified cgroup2 (since the cgroup subsystems can only be mounted as v1 or v2 throughout the entire system, including inside containers). However, the systemd in xenial does

[Bug 1962286] Re: [FFE] sshuttle merged to 1.1.0-1ubuntu1 fails autopkgtests

2022-02-25 Thread Dan Streetman
I looked a bit more into the trusty failure and it seems like that isn't a cgroups issue, since it doesn't use systemd and instead uses upstart, which doesn't seem to care about what cgroup is mounted. On trusty, the problem appears to be that it's simply too old to run with the python from jammy.

[Bug 1960752] Re: [BPO] gramps/5.1.4-1 from Jammy

2022-02-22 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: gramps (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1960752 Title: [BPO] gramps/5.1.4-1 from Jammy To manage

[Bug 1960752] Re: [BPO] gramps/5.1.4-1 from Jammy

2022-02-22 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: gramps (Ubuntu Focal) Status: New => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1960752 Title: [BPO] gramps/5.1.4-1 from Jammy To manage notifications about

[Bug 1960752] Re: [BPO] gramps/5.1.4-1 from Jammy

2022-02-16 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: gramps (Ubuntu Impish) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1960752 Title: [BPO] gramps/5.1.4-1 from Jammy To manage

[Bug 1960752] Re: [BPO] gramps/5.1.4-1 from Jammy

2022-02-16 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: gramps (Ubuntu) Status: New => Fix Released ** Changed in: gramps (Ubuntu Impish) Status: New => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1960752

[Bug 1960752] Re: [BPO] gramps/5.1.4-1 from Jammy

2022-02-16 Thread Dan Streetman
> https://launchpad.net/~rosco2/+archive/ubuntu/backports/+packages ... > If you are building in a PPA, there is an extra flag to check in the PPA settings. the specific url, using the PPA linked earlier, would be: https://launchpad.net/~rosco2/+archive/ubuntu/backports/+edit- dependencies --

[Bug 1876996] Re: [BPO] inkscape/1.1.1-3ubuntu1 from jammy

2022-02-08 Thread Dan Streetman
> With your ACK I'm then going to accept my own upload yep fine with me, thanks! -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1876996 Title: [BPO] inkscape/1.1.1-3ubuntu1 from jammy To manage

[Bug 1876996] Re: [BPO] inkscape/1.1.1-3ubuntu1 from jammy

2022-02-08 Thread Dan Streetman
It looks like the build does have checks to set WITH_GSPELL off if the lib isn't available so the d/control could maybe just have [!i386] added to the libgtkspell3-3-dev depends? It looks like it already has that restriction for the ragel dep. Or, the Architecture could be changed to avoid i386;

[Bug 1876996] Re: [BPO] inkscape/1.1.1-3ubuntu1 from jammy

2022-02-07 Thread Dan Streetman
It looks like the i386 arch fails to build due to missing dep on 'libgtkspell3-3-dev': https://launchpad.net/~ddstreet/+archive/ubuntu/backport/+build/23139572 I'm not sure why i386 is missing in focal for that package; it seems like it's available both before and after focal, but the specific

[Bug 1959541] Re: pull-lp-source crashed with AttributeError in __new__(): module 'collections' has no attribute 'Callable'

2022-02-07 Thread Dan Streetman
looks like this was fixed in git already, and should be fixed once 0.188 is released; @mapreri you planning to release that in debian soon? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1959541

[Bug 1945324] Re: systemtap 4.4 not compatible with linux kernel 5.11

2022-02-06 Thread Dan Streetman
@chfast @mukherjee-indraneel i think it's *extremely* unlikely - at least in the short term - that systemtap will become/remain usable in stable releases, especially when using HWE kernels; can I suggest that you try to use the backports process to provide a later (and hopefully working) version

[Bug 1959115] [NEW] update backportpackage script to behave according to new backport process

2022-01-26 Thread Dan Streetman
Public bug reported: The 'backportpackage' script needs to be updated to work according to the new backport process: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports This bug is to track that work. ** Affects: ubuntu-dev-tools (Ubuntu) Importance: High Assignee: Ubuntu Backporters

[Bug 1958772] Re: [BPO] lib2geom/1.1-2 from jammy

2022-01-25 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: lib2geom (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1958772 Title: [BPO] lib2geom/1.1-2 from jammy To manage

[Bug 1958772] Re: [BPO] lib2geom/1.1-2 from jammy

2022-01-24 Thread Dan Streetman
approved for focal-backports, thanks! ** Changed in: lib2geom (Ubuntu Focal) Status: In Progress => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1958772 Title: [BPO]

[Bug 1945225] Re: udev produces unpredictable net names when PCI device is a bridge

2022-01-19 Thread Dan Streetman
did you find any alternate way to handle this? If not we should probably review/merge the 247 naming approach, if @slyon approves -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1945225 Title: udev

[Bug 1956004] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.0 from Jammy

2022-01-13 Thread Dan Streetman
> However, to be able to do it I need to be member of the Ubuntu Wiki Editors Team. My application for that is pending: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wiki-editors. hmm, that doesn't sound right to me, I'm not a member of that team but I can create/edit wiki.ubuntu.com pages...granted that might

[Bug 1956004] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.0 from Jammy

2022-01-13 Thread Dan Streetman
Hmm yes you're right that the wiki pages are a bit confusing, they probably could do with a bit of updates to clarify things. In any case for you, this is the section for *all* applications: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/ApplicationProcess#Applying_for_team_membership so you

[Bug 1956004] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.0 from Jammy

2022-01-12 Thread Dan Streetman
> "The DMB has establised a procedure for interested Debian Developers to gain upload rights to their packages" that's just the process for existing DD who also already have PPU rights to have their list of PPU packages extended. You can apply for PPU completely separately from being DD.

[Bug 1956004] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.0 from Jammy

2022-01-12 Thread Dan Streetman
> PPU rights... I first need to become a DD. I have so far said no to this, but is about to reconsider. No that's not true, being a DD helps but isn't required. You can have PPU rights in Ubuntu without any upload rights for Debian. If you mean you would *prefer* to become DD first, then yeah

[Bug 1950508] Re: unified cgroup incorrectly used in container on host with legacy/hybrid cgroup

2022-01-12 Thread Dan Streetman
** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Impish) Assignee: Dan Streetman (ddstreet) => (unassigned) ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Impish) Status: In Progress => New -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1934147] Re: systemd leaks abandoned session scopes

2022-01-12 Thread Dan Streetman
per comment 5, released for impish ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Impish) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed

[Bug 1956004] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.0 from Jammy

2022-01-12 Thread Dan Streetman
> Is there a formal process for getting in touch with a sponsor, like the mentors site and RFS bugs in Debian? Or should I drop a mail in the ubuntu-backports mailnig list? Or? you've subscribed the ubuntu-sponsors team, so that's probably the best bet for passively finding a sponsor; there is a

[Bug 1949970] Re: attempt to dlopen nonexistent pam_kwallet.so spams log

2022-01-11 Thread Dan Streetman
I think we should ignore hirsute since it reaches EOL next week. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1949970 Title: attempt to dlopen nonexistent pam_kwallet.so spams log To manage

[Bug 1949970] Re: attempt to dlopen nonexistent pam_kwallet.so spams log

2022-01-11 Thread Dan Streetman
ubuntu@lp1949970-f:~$ dpkg -l lightdm|grep lightdm ii lightdm1.30.0-0ubuntu4~20.04.1 amd64Display Manager ubuntu@lp1949970-f:~$ journalctl -b -g 'unable to dlopen' -- Logs begin at Tue 2022-01-11 17:28:51 UTC, end at Tue 2022-01-11 18:02:33 UTC. -- Jan 11 17:58:09 lp1949970-f

[Bug 1949970] Re: attempt to dlopen nonexistent pam_kwallet.so spams log

2022-01-11 Thread Dan Streetman
ubuntu@lp1949970-i:~$ dpkg -l lightdm|grep lightdm ii lightdm 1.30.0-0ubuntu4 amd64Display Manager ubuntu@lp1949970-i:~$ journalctl -b -g 'unable to dlopen' -- Journal begins at Tue 2022-01-11 17:28:57 UTC, ends at Tue 2022-01-11 17:59:05

[Bug 1956004] Re: [BPO] Backport opencpn 5.6.0 from Jammy

2022-01-06 Thread Dan Streetman
Very minor comments on changelog: + * Closes: #1956004 While Debian uses 'Closes:', Ubuntu uses 'LP:', so this should be * LP: #1956004 + * d/control: debhelper compat 13 -> 12. technically, debhelper 13 is in focal-backports (and even bionic- backports), but if you don't actually need

[Bug 1950496] Re: networkd doesn't provide DNS to nspawn containers

2022-01-04 Thread Dan Streetman
Also for future reference I think upstream commit fb3aec45a0de7f71aa6418bd4f9d5f314efb4eb5 fixes this, but I never got a chance to test it before upgrading. ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Focal) Status: New => Incomplete ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu) Status: New => Fix Released

[Bug 1950496] Re: networkd doesn't provide DNS to nspawn containers

2022-01-04 Thread Dan Streetman
it's no longer a problem for me as I've upgraded to impish, I'm dropping ownership of this, but if anyone else has this problem (i.e. can reproduce it) please reopen the bug and/or add a comment. ** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: Dan Streetman (ddstreet) => (unassigned) ** Chan

  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   >