[Bug 1900640] Re: Ubuntu 20.04 has no capability of surrounding-text feature

2020-10-20 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks for your report. I could reproduce it, both on 20.04 and 20.10 (the latter with ibus 1.5.23). This is probably an upstream problem, and it would be great if you could submit an upstream issue: https://github.com/ibus/ibus/issues/ If you do, please post the URL to the upstream issue in a

[Bug 214730] Re: Incorrect date format in en_CA.utf8 locale

2020-10-19 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Bug watch removed: Sourceware.org Bugzilla #16668 https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16668 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/214730 Title: Incorrect date format in

[Bug 214730] Re: Incorrect date format in en_CA.utf8 locale

2020-10-19 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
There is an upstream bug where the time format aspect is still open: https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16668 Please feel free to add a comment to speed it up. :) ** Bug watch added: Sourceware.org Bugzilla #16668 https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16668 -- You

[Bug 214730] Re: Incorrect date format in en_CA.utf8 locale

2020-10-19 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
KDE does have issues with locale settings, unfortunately. Have had for several years now. Maybe try https://askubuntu.com if you don't figure it out yourself. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1899393] Re: package im-config 0.29-1ubuntu12.4 failed to install/upgrade: package im-config is not ready for configuration cannot configure (current status 'half-installed')

2020-10-19 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
This sounds as some kind of hardware glitch to me. Please try: sudo apt-get install --reinstall im-config and let us know if that helped. ** Changed in: im-config (Ubuntu) Status: New => Incomplete -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is

[Bug 214730] Re: Incorrect date format in en_CA.utf8 locale

2020-10-19 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-10-19 17:32, Jean-Sebastien Dominique wrote: > Several years later, the en_CA package still shows date as %d/%m/%y No it doesn't. $ LC_TIME=en_CA.UTF-8 locale d_fmt %Y-%m-%d -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1879958] Re: /usr/libexec/ibus-ui-gtk3:11:__vfprintf_internal:buffered_vfprintf:IO_validate_vtable:__vfprintf_internal:___fprintf_chk

2020-10-18 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
This crash type is the most common on focal. However, it has been significantly less frequent lately. Compare this: https://errors.ubuntu.com/?release=Ubuntu%2020.04=ibus=2020-09-08=2020-09-15=1.5.22-2ubuntu2.1 with this:

[Bug 1899646] Re: Slideshow documentation slide is only partially translated for Simplified Chinese

2020-10-16 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
There is probably a need to reach out to translators in many languages. I have seen a tendency that previously very well covered languages lag behind a bit with the Ubuntu specific translations at LP (not only the slide show), while for instance the Ukrainian translators team is on the ball

[Bug 1897444] Re: Cannot find and translate the new Active Directory strings

2020-10-16 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Changed in: ubuntu-translations Status: Triaged => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1897444 Title: Cannot find and translate the new Active Directory strings To

[Bug 1899989] Re: outdated instructions on bookmarking

2020-10-16 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Great, thanks! ** Also affects: gnome-user-docs via https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-user-docs/-/issues/82 Importance: Unknown Status: Unknown -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1897444] Re: Cannot find and translate the new Active Directory strings

2020-10-15 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu) Status: Triaged => In Progress ** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu) Assignee: (unassigned) => Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1763025] Re: ubuntu installations in Kenya are problematic because default language is little known Oromo, not English or Swahili

2020-10-15 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Package changed: localechooser (Ubuntu) => ubiquity (Ubuntu) ** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu) Status: Triaged => In Progress ** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu) Assignee: (unassigned) => Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) -- You received this bug notification because you are

[Bug 1747637] Re: localechooser in ubiquity will pick lzh_TW instead of zh_TW when timezone set to Taipei

2020-10-15 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks for your report! I could confirm it using the latest daily build ISO for groovy. This is a bit odd, because according to this patch: https://git.launchpad.net/ubiquity/tree/d-i/patches/localechooser-post- base-installer.patch the default language for TW is zh. Apparently there is more

[Bug 1899989] Re: outdated instructions on bookmarking

2020-10-15 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks for your report! Confirmed. (Why on earth did they drop that from the GUI?) It would be great if you could report it upstream too: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-user-docs/-/issues If you do, please post the URL to the upstream issue in a comment here. ** Package changed:

[Bug 1873678] Re: gnome-language-selector crashed with dbus.exceptions.DBusException in call_blocking(): org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed: 'C.UTF-8' is not a valid locale name

2020-10-14 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
I verified the test case using version 0.6.55-0ubuntu12~20.04.2 of accountsservice, gir1.2-accountsservice-1.0 and libaccountsservice0 from focal-proposed. ** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-focal ** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-focal -- You received

[Bug 1899206] Re: Tweaktool Keyboard “Additional Layout Options” not persisting on USB keyboard unplug/reconnect

2020-10-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks Weston, that was useful info. Now let's await input from some desktop engineer. I'm just a volunteer who tries to help. ;) ** Package changed: gnome-shell (Ubuntu) => mutter (Ubuntu) ** Also affects: mutter via https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/1466 Importance: Unknown

[Bug 1899206] Re: Tweaktool Keyboard “Additional Layout Options” not persisting on USB keyboard unplug/reconnect

2020-10-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks for clarifying. On 2020-10-12 19:58, Weston Hunter wrote: > I'm wondering if I should be going back to versions which are even > older? That wouldn't make much sense considering that you saw the changed behavior only the past few weeks. Maybe it's not really a gnome-shell issue. The

[Bug 1899206] Re: Tweaktool Keyboard “Additional Layout Options” not persisting on USB keyboard unplug/reconnect

2020-10-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
@Weston: Just to be sure: Did you reboot after having downgraded? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1899206 Title: Tweaktool Keyboard “Additional Layout Options” not persisting on USB

[Bug 1899456] Re: [UIFe] Update yaru icon style to 2010-10-11 (Ubuntu)

2020-10-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
The desktop guide does not include any screenshots which would be affected by this. No problem from a docs POV. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1899456 Title: [UIFe] Update yaru icon

[Bug 1899206] Re: Tweaktool Keyboard “Additional Layout Options” not persisting on USB keyboard unplug/reconnect

2020-10-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks for testing. That helps us narrow down the cause of the issue. ** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu) Importance: Undecided => Medium ** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu) Status: Incomplete => New ** Tags added: regression-update rls-ff-incoming -- You received this bug

[Bug 1899376] Re: Confusing versioning of language-selector

2020-10-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks for addressing the issue so quickly, @handsome_feng. Closing the bug, since it now has served its purpose of calling your attention to it. :) ** Changed in: ubuntukylin Status: New => Fix Released ** Changed in: language-selector (Ubuntu) Status: New => Invalid -- You

[Bug 1899206] Re: Tweaktool Keyboard “Additional Layout Options” not persisting on USB keyboard unplug/reconnect

2020-10-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
I set gnome-shell as the affected package for now, since a theory would be that the changed behavior is related to some upgrade of that package. @Weston: To find out, can you please downgrade gnome-shell temporarily: sudo apt install gnome-shell=3.36.1-5ubuntu1 gnome-shell-

[Bug 1899206] Re: Tweaktool Keyboard “Additional Layout Options” not persisting on USB keyboard unplug/reconnect

2020-10-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Package changed: ubuntu => gnome-shell (Ubuntu) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1899206 Title: Tweaktool Keyboard “Additional Layout Options” not persisting on USB keyboard

[Bug 1899376] [NEW] Confusing versioning of language-selector

2020-10-11 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Public bug reported: My attention was called to the existence of version 0.304 of language- selector in some of the PPAs. It happened in a rather annoying way: https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/request-better-arabic-font-for- ubuntu-20-04/14573/183 I

[Bug 1892162] Re: typo in po/fi.po

2020-10-11 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
This ought to be "Fix Released" in groovy. It will be fixed in focal too if the Finnish translators team participates in testing at the next language pack update for focal. ** Changed in: ubuntu-translations Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released ** Changed in: ubuntu-release-upgrader

[Bug 1899283] Re: [UIFe] New Yaru theme with upstream fixes

2020-10-10 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
We have no screenshots in the desktop guide which are affected by this change, which is fine from a docs POV. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1899283 Title: [UIFe] New Yaru theme with

[Bug 1873678] Re: gnome-language-selector crashed with dbus.exceptions.DBusException in call_blocking(): org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed: 'C.UTF-8' is not a valid locale name

2020-10-10 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
vice (Ubuntu Focal) Status: New => In Progress ** Changed in: accountsservice (Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: (unassigned) => Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad

[Bug 1871471] Re: flash end of life soon, suggest remove from groovy

2020-10-09 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-10-09 16:15, Steve Langasek wrote: > flashplugin-nonfree, at least, has been removed from Debian, and we > have now followed this removal for groovy. It's not the same package. The Ubuntu variant, unlike Debian's, builds flashplugin-installer which depends on adobe-flashplugin. -- You

[Bug 1873678] Re: gnome-language-selector crashed with dbus.exceptions.DBusException in call_blocking(): org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed: 'C.UTF-8' is not a valid locale name

2020-10-09 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
hanged in: accountsservice (Ubuntu) Assignee: (unassigned) => Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1873678 Title: gnome-language-selecto

[Bug 1875062] Re: [20.04] Keyboard layout not enabled immediately during installation when typing username/password

2020-10-08 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi Łukasz! Checked with today's daily image for groovy, and could no longer reproduce the issue. Tested both on a VM and by doing a complete install. Tested with yesterday's daily image for focal too (only VM, though), and couldn't reproduce the issue with that either. -- You received this bug

[Bug 1898541] Re: [FFe] Update to 3.38.0

2020-10-08 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Changed in: gnome-software (Ubuntu) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1898541 Title: [FFe] Update to 3.38.0 To manage notifications

[Bug 1898541] Re: [FFe] Update to 3.38.0

2020-10-08 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks David and Sean for confirming. At the first attempt the translations were not imported to LP, so I have fixed a detail and uploaded 3.38.0-2build1 (no-change rebuild). Let's cross our fingers. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is

[Bug 1898905] Re: Unfunctional plustek scanner in Ubuntu 20.10

2020-10-07 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #971584 https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=971584 ** Also affects: sane-backends (Debian) via https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=971584 Importance: Unknown Status: Unknown -- You received this bug notification

[Bug 1898905] Re: Unfunctional plustek scanner in Ubuntu 20.10

2020-10-07 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-10-07 22:23, mrvanes wrote: > Both current master and 1.0.31 work like a charm when I compile them > myself, dynamic and static loaded backend. That indicates some packaging issue, doesn't it? If you agree, it would be good if you could inform about it on the Debian bug. -- You received

[Bug 1898902] Re: (doc?) locale-gen disagrees with locale(5)

2020-10-07 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Also affects: glibc via https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=26715 Importance: Unknown Status: Unknown -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1898902 Title: (doc?)

[Bug 1898902] Re: (doc?) locale-gen disagrees with locale(5)

2020-10-07 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks for your report. Looks like there is room for clarification of that man page. I would suggest that you report it upstream: https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=glibc;component=locale But don't refer to locale-gen() when doing so, but rather localedef(). Also, if you file

[Bug 1898541] Re: [FFe] Update to 3.38.0

2020-10-07 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Requested sync with Debian unstable 3.38.0-2. Now in the groovy queue. ** Changed in: gnome-software (Ubuntu) Status: New => Fix Committed ** Changed in: gnome-software (Ubuntu) Assignee: (unassigned) => Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) -- You received this bug notification b

[Bug 1898836] Re: keyboard and mouse usually disconnect

2020-10-07 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Thanks for your report, but it's apparently not a bug in the desktop documentation. Please feel free to file a new bug against a reasonable package. If you are using standard Ubuntu it may be gnome-shell, for instance. But if you do, please submit the bug using this terminal command: ubuntu-bug

[Bug 1898479] Re: Shotwell: Russian translation is invalid

2020-10-06 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-10-06 07:26, Bogdan Vasiliev wrote: > Done! > > I've replaced all cyryllic '%е' with latin one. > > https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/focal/+source/shotwell/+pots/shotwell/ru/+translate?batch=10=all=%25%D0%B5 More precisely you submitted suggestions which will need to be approved

[Bug 1898541] Re: [FFe] Update to 3.38.0

2020-10-06 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Release team input on IRC: https://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2020/10/06/%23ubuntu-desktop.html#t11:39 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1898541 Title: [FFe] Update to 3.38.0 To manage

[Bug 1898541] Re: [FFe] Update to 3.38.0

2020-10-06 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
@David, @Sean: Since this package is seeded in Ubuntu Budgie and Xubuntu, do you have any objections? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1898541 Title: [FFe] Update to 3.38.0 To manage

[Bug 1897750] Re: gcin and hime fail to build with gcc-10

2020-10-05 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
The Debian gcin maintainer chose to also update to a newer version, but it seems to be a pure bug fix release. Should be fine to sync; no FFe needed. Upstream changelog below according to Google Translate: 2.9.0 -bug fix: If the editing area of the gtab input method displays the setting

[Bug 1898541] Re: [FFe] Update to 3.38.0

2020-10-05 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
I built it in this PPA: https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj/+archive/ubuntu/gnome-software Installed from there and run it. Didn't notice any issues. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1879149] Re: Spanish translation for transaction "Jump" is wrong and confusing

2020-10-05 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Changed in: ubuntu-translations Importance: Undecided => Medium ** Changed in: ubuntu-translations Assignee: (unassigned) => Ubuntu Spanish Translators (ubuntu-l10n-es) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1886215] Re: Strange Apple keyboard behaviour (Spanish layout)

2020-10-05 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 214786 *** https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/214786 ** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 214786 Apple USB ISO keyboard has incorrectly swapped keys -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is

[Bug 1886215] Re: Strange Apple keyboard behaviour (Spanish layout)

2020-10-05 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 214786 *** https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/214786 Check out this Ask Ubuntu question for a way to handle Apple devices: https://askubuntu.com/q/843590 But please note, though, that such an entry in /etc/default/keyboard would switch the keys for your

[Bug 1898541] [NEW] [FFe] Update to 3.38.0

2020-10-05 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Public bug reported: It would be good if we could ship gnome-software 3.38.0 with groovy. These are the 3.37.92 changes: Add sysprof support for profiling jobs Add webflow and basic auth support to flatpak plugin Coalesce refresh operations where possible Correctly mark layered rpm-ostree local

[Bug 82302] Re: wrong glibc sort order on pt_BR

2020-10-04 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
@Eduardo: Better to ping on the upstream bug. That's where it hopefully will be fixed. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/82302 Title: wrong glibc sort order on pt_BR To manage

[Bug 1898354] Re: package sane-utils 1.0.29-0ubuntu5.2 failed to install/upgrade: unable to create '/lib/systemd/system/saned.socket.dpkg-new' (while processing './lib/systemd/system/saned.socket'): R

2020-10-03 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
That sounds as a hardware issue. Try again: sudo apt install sane-utils and let us know if it helps. ** Changed in: sane-backends (Ubuntu) Status: New => Incomplete -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1897858] Re: [UIFe] IBus 1.5.23

2020-10-02 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
ibus 1.5.23-0ubuntu1 has migrated to groovy-release. ** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1897858 Title: [UIFe]

[Bug 1891682] Re: [MIR] sane-airscan

2020-10-01 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
My comment was intended for bug #1897962. Please disregard it in this MIR context. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1891682 Title: [MIR] sane-airscan To manage notifications about

[Bug 1897962] Re: Out of Memory Error with Brother DCP-J7720W

2020-10-01 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
@Till: Interesting info. Do you think it would be possible to backport sane-airscan? -backports is more useful for new packages than it is for already existing ones, since the low APT priority doesn't matter if there is nothing in -release or -updates. -- You received this bug notification

[Bug 1891682] Re: [MIR] sane-airscan

2020-10-01 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
@Till: Interesting info. Do you think it would be possible to backport sane-airscan? -backports is more useful for new packages than it is for already existing ones, since the low priority doesn't matter if there is nothing in -release or -updates. -- You received this bug notification because

[Bug 1897962] Re: Out of Memory Error with Brother DCP-J7720W

2020-10-01 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Testing it for focal-backports is probably a huge project. $ apt rdepends libsane libsane Reverse Depends: Depends: libsane-dev (= 1.0.29-0ubuntu5.1) Depends: libsane1 (>= 1.0.29-0ubuntu5.1) Depends: sane-utils (>= 1.0.27) Depends: libsane-dev (= 1.0.29-0ubuntu5.2) Depends: libsane1 (>=

[Bug 1897858] Re: [UIFe] IBus 1.5.23

2020-10-01 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu) Status: Triaged => In Progress -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1897858 Title: [UIFe] IBus 1.5.23 To manage notifications about this bug go to:

[Bug 1897858] Re: [UIFe] IBus 1.5.23

2020-10-01 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
The translation and documentation teams have been notified: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu- translators/2020-October/007700.html https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2020-October/020762.html -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which

[Bug 1871471] Re: flash end of life soon, suggest remove from groovy

2020-09-30 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Why would we stop providing those packages before Adobe's EOL date? Please note that the packages exist and are (usually) updated on all stable releases. How would it make sense to not ship them with groovy? I would suggest that they are shipped with groovy as usual, and that the packages are

[Bug 1896397] Re: [UIFe] Tweak Arabic font

2020-09-30 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Verified the test case using language-selector-{common,gnome} 0.204.2 from focal-proposed. ** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-focal ** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-focal -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which

[Bug 1897858] [NEW] [UIFe] IBus 1.5.23

2020-09-30 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
(Ubuntu) Importance: Medium Assignee: Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) Status: New -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1897858 Title: [UIFe] IBus 1.5.23 To manage notifications

[Bug 1897750] [NEW] gcin and hime fail to build with gcc-10

2020-09-29 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
) Importance: Critical Assignee: Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) Status: In Progress ** Affects: hime (Ubuntu) Importance: Critical Assignee: Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) Status: In Progress ** Affects: gcin (Debian) Importance: Unknown Status: Unknown

[Bug 1896397] Re: [UIFe] Tweak Arabic font

2020-09-27 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Last change: Back to Noto Sans Arabic UI for sans-serif. ** Description changed: + [Impact] + This is a follow-up of bug #1891733. After the new default font for Arabic had made it to focal, we got some additional feedback at - . There seems to be a

[Bug 1897444] Re: Cannot find and translate the new Active Directory strings

2020-09-27 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
The translation template was last updated on 2020-04-08. https://git.launchpad.net/ubiquity/tree/debian/real-po/templates.pot ** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu) Importance: Undecided => High ** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu) Status: New => Triaged -- You received this bug notification

[Bug 1896397] Re: [UIFe] Tweak Arabic font

2020-09-25 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Better handling of the issue mentioned in comment #5: * Rename the .conf file so the name starts with 56- instead of 69- (makes it lower than 57-dejavu-sans.conf) * Drop 'binding="strong"' ** Changed in: language-selector (Ubuntu) Status: Fix Released => Fix Committed -- You received

[Bug 1890875] Re: Keyboard won't switch its layout to a newly added second input source unless their order is rearranged

2020-09-23 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
And a new upload now in the queue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome- shell/+bug/1838152/comments/11 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1890875 Title: Keyboard won't

[Bug 1896397] Re: [UIFe] Tweak Arabic font

2020-09-21 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Problem: $ LC_CTYPE=ar_EG.UTF-8 fc-match -a monospace | head -8 NotoSans-Regular.ttf: "Noto Sans" "Regular" NotoSans-Bold.ttf: "Noto Sans" "Bold" NotoSans-Italic.ttf: "Noto Sans" "Italic" NotoSans-BoldItalic.ttf: "Noto Sans" "Bold Italic" NotoNaskhArabicUI-Regular.ttf: "Noto Naskh Arabic UI"

[Bug 1896397] Re: [UIFe] Tweak Arabic font

2020-09-21 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: (unassigned) => Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) ** Changed in: language-selector (Ubuntu) Status: Triaged => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launch

[Bug 1835220] Re: Please support /usr/lib64/sane

2020-09-21 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Out of curiosity I also tried to scan on groovy. To make it work I had to take two additional steps: * Added brscan2 to /etc/sane.d/dll.conf (without that my scanner wasn't even found by scanimage -L) * Added the same symlink as proved to be needed on bionic; see comment #7 So the situation

[Bug 1896397] Re: [UIFe] Tweak Arabic font

2020-09-20 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
The documentation and translation teams have been notified: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2020-September/020760.html https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu- translators/2020-September/007696.html -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs,

[Bug 1896397] [NEW] [UIFe] Tweak Arabic font

2020-09-20 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
quot; with "Noto Naskh Arabic UI" as default Arabic font for sans-serif * Drop the specification for monospace, and with that fall back to DejaVu for Arabic monospace ** Affects: language-selector (Ubuntu) Importance: Medium Assignee: Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) Sta

[Bug 1835220] Re: Please support /usr/lib64/sane

2020-09-20 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
sane-backends 1.0.31-1~experimental1 has now migrated to groovy-release. ** Changed in: sane-backends (Ubuntu Groovy) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1893551] Re: Let im-config back off if IBus on GNOME desktops

2020-09-19 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
@Ohad: Thanks for the link. I just added a comment to that Ask Ubuntu question. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1893551 Title: Let im-config back off if IBus on GNOME desktops To

[Bug 1835220] Re: Please support /usr/lib64/sane

2020-09-18 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Did the verification using a Brother MFC-240C USB scanner. Preparations: * Installed brscan2 (brscan2-0.2.5-1.amd64.deb) * Installed libusb-0.1-4 (ought to be a dependency of brscan2 but that's not the case) * Added myself to the lp group (sudo adduser $USER lp) focal - Verified the test

[Bug 1835220] Re: Please support /usr/lib64/sane

2020-09-18 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
@Bartosz: Well, this bug should have been fixed +10 years ago. Finally it was fixed in Debian, and I decided to backport to focal and bionic. Skipped xenial since it will be EOL in less than a year. But please feel free to do it if you think it's worth it. -- You received this bug notification

[Bug 478097] Re: help.ubuntu.com claims to be HTML 5 but is not (but extremely close)

2020-09-18 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Let's simply close this bug. (I for one can't see that the pages claim to comply with any specific standard nowadays, btw.) ** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu) Status: Fix Committed => Won't Fix -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is

[Bug 1873716] Re: Information on how to report a bug is incorrect

2020-09-17 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Fix pushed to repo. ** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu) Status: In Progress => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1873716 Title: Information on how to report a bug

[Bug 1873716] Re: Information on how to report a bug is incorrect

2020-09-17 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-09-16 19:23, Daniel Letzeisen wrote: > I saw your message on the mailing list. The best thing I can suggest > in the documentation is a link to: > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Filing_bugs_manually_at_Launchpad.net I see that that section does include this link:

[Bug 1835220] Re: Please support /usr/lib64/sane

2020-09-17 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Patch added: "sane-backends_lp1835220-bionic.debdiff" https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/focal/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1835220/+attachment/5411680/+files/sane-backends_lp1835220-bionic.debdiff ** Tags added: patch -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu

[Bug 1835220] Re: Please support /usr/lib64/sane

2020-09-17 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Patch added: "sane-backends_lp1835220-focal.debdiff" https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/focal/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1835220/+attachment/5411679/+files/sane-backends_lp1835220-focal.debdiff -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is

[Bug 1835220] Re: Please support /usr/lib64/sane

2020-09-17 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Changed in: sane-backends (Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: (unassigned) => Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) ** Changed in: sane-backends (Ubuntu Bionic) Importance: Undecided => Medium ** Changed in: sane-backends (Ubuntu Bionic) Status: New => In Progress ** Changed in

[Bug 1892245] Re: Extension breaks when accessing Overview or applications list (Focal)

2020-09-16 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Try to downgrade: sudo apt install gnome-shell=3.36.1-5ubuntu1 gnome-shell- common=3.36.1-5ubuntu1 gnome-shell-extension-prefs=3.36.1-5ubuntu1 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1892245

[Bug 1881896] Re: "Sign In…" string not available for translation

2020-09-16 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
My proposed fix was rejected with this comment: "Going to reject now since gnome-software got unpatched, snap-store has the Ubuntu improvements and gnome-software is back to be what upstream provides" Closing. ** Changed in: gnome-software (Ubuntu) Status: In Progress => Won't Fix **

[Bug 1895454] Re: ibus indicator is unreadable, and the dropdown doesn't clarify what option is selected

2020-09-15 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-09-15 18:26, php4fan wrote: > Most icon have bright colors, which seems to suggest that if there is > an expectation about the background color, it's that it is dark, > which my current panel background is. Dark blue is probably not an optimal default. I would suggest that you file an

[Bug 1866038] Re: By default install Noto fonts for Unicode ranges not already covered by default

2020-09-15 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-09-15 11:31, Iain Lane wrote: > Gunnar, do you have any thoughts on this? Yeah, I think my idea to ship Noto fonts by default and give them the highest fontconfig precedence, effectively replacing DejaVu, would cover the proposal in this bug. @Henri: What I have in mind has basically

[Bug 1891733] Re: Support better Arabic font

2020-09-15 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
The seed is now updated for both groovy and focal, and fonts-noto has been promoted to main: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fonts- noto/+bug/1892320/comments/5 Thanks Iain Lane! ** Changed in: ubuntu-seeds Status: New => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification

[Bug 1873716] Re: Information on how to report a bug is incorrect

2020-09-14 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
I am uncertain about how to best deal with this bug. Asked for advice here: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu- bugsquad/2020-September/005210.html -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.

[Bug 1895454] Re: ibus indicator is unreadable, and the dropdown doesn't clarify what option is selected

2020-09-13 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
It can also be that the desktop environment you are using was designed with an "idiotic" background color, right? Anyway, the icon color can be changed: gsettings set org.freedesktop.ibus.panel xkb-icon-rgba '#ff' ** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu) Status: New => Invalid -- You received

[Bug 1894414] Re: Cant change "Switch to next keyboard layout" shortcut to Alt+Shift. Again.

2020-09-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
As you say that's a known limitation. But you can install gnome-tweaks and use "Tweaks" to set an XKB shortcut for switching input sources. There Alt+Shift is one of several possible options. Closing. ** Changed in: ubuntu Status: New => Invalid -- You received this bug notification

[Bug 1769127] Re: The Documentation at the "Ubuntu Desktop Guide/Install & remove software/Add a PPA" gives non-existent instructions

2020-09-12 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Fix pushed to repo ** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu) Status: Triaged => Fix Committed ** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu) Assignee: (unassigned) => Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subs

[Bug 1885744] Re: HIde im-config in application menus/searches

2020-09-11 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-09-11 07:36, gongbing wrote: > It's reproduced on thor-T (ThinkPad T15p) What is reproduced? This bug is closed. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1885744 Title: HIde im-config

[Bug 1895065] Re: Drop net-chat.page and its sub pages

2020-09-10 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Fix pushed to repo ** Changed in: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu) Status: In Progress => Fix Committed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1895065 Title: Drop net-chat.page and its sub pages

[Bug 1820357] Re: Instant messaging on Ubuntu

2020-09-10 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1895065 *** https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1895065 I decided to drop the whole "Chat & Social Networking" section. It has consisted of a few pages without any equivalent in GNOME Help. The contents is indeed obsolete, and I'm closing this bug by making it a

[Bug 1895065] [NEW] Drop net-chat.page and its sub pages

2020-09-09 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
not work due to bug #1887509. Let's stop confusing our users and drop the net-chat section. ** Affects: ubuntu-docs (Ubuntu) Importance: Medium Assignee: Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) Status: In Progress -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu

[Bug 1892245] Re: Extension breaks when accessing Overview or applications list (Focal)

2020-09-07 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-09-07 15:06, fcole90 wrote: > Should I do something else about it until the SRU team eventually > asks something? Nope, nothing to do until an SRU team member has reviewed and (hopefully) uploaded it to focal-proposed. You'll see here when that happens. -- You received this bug

[Bug 1884860] Re: How to set default applications has changed in Ubuntu 20

2020-09-04 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
The proposal was merged, and will land in groovy once we upgrade to a new upstream release. ** Changed in: gnome-user-docs (Ubuntu) Status: Triaged => In Progress ** Changed in: gnome-user-docs (Ubuntu) Assignee: (unassigned) => Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) -- You re

[Bug 1893552] Re: Use im-config on Wayland without uninstalling IBus

2020-09-04 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Verified the test case using im-config 0.44-1ubuntu1.2 from focal- proposed. ** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-focal ** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-focal -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed

[Bug 1893551] Re: Let im-config back off if IBus on GNOME desktops

2020-09-04 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Verified the test case using im-config 0.44-1ubuntu1.2 from focal- proposed. ** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-focal ** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-focal -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed

[Bug 1893552] Re: Use im-config on Wayland without uninstalling IBus

2020-09-03 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Changed in: im-config (Ubuntu Focal) Status: New => In Progress -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1893552 Title: Use im-config on Wayland without uninstalling IBus To manage

[Bug 1893551] Re: Let im-config back off if IBus on GNOME desktops

2020-09-03 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Changed in: im-config (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Confirmed => In Progress -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1893551 Title: Let im-config back off if IBus on GNOME desktops To

[Bug 1866419] Re: gnome-shell displays date incorrectly for nl_NL locale

2020-09-01 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
@Michael: I closed it a couple of weeks ago. Nothing else needs to be done. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1866419 Title: gnome-shell displays date incorrectly for nl_NL locale To

[Bug 1893736] Re: ibus-libpinyin can not export user phrases

2020-09-01 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
I'm glad to hear that! Hmm.. The only thing which might be related, AFAIU, is item 3. OTOH you said you tried that before... Probably this was just one of those subtle glitches whose cause will keep being a mystery. ;) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu

  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   >