[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2020-09-17 Thread Pavel Terentyev
@nrbrtx it works for me (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS)
Strl+Shift+t now works but still switches layout.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2020-09-09 Thread Yuriy Chernichenko
@nrbrtx it works! Thank you very much!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2020-09-09 Thread Norbert
@Yuriy Chernichenko (nikosid)

I have just uploaded newest HWE package versions with latest security fixes to 
the PPA. 
You have to try adding it again and upgrading Xorg packages from it.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2020-09-09 Thread Yuriy Chernichenko
@nrbrtx, hi. Thank you so much for your patch. I'm using it for more than one 
year, but few days ago I reinstalled my OS and it doesn't work now. I tried to 
completely reinstall it but it didn't help.
I use xubuntu 18.04.5 LTS.
Can you help or give some advice?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2020-04-19 Thread Oded Arbel
The GNOME issue is completely separate from the problem of "triggering
layout change on press", as GNOME does not use the kxb behavior at all -
it actually disables any options set using setxkbmap - instead it
listens to keyboard events and implements its own custom behavior that
mimics Mac OS.

Note that with the current release (19.10, but also tested 20.04) on
Kubuntu with xserver 1.20 that *does not* include the patch from
freedesktop.org bug 865, layout switching works on release - as
requested. I'm not sure what introduced this behavior and whether it is
in X.org or in KDE.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2020-04-19 Thread ALEKSEI VOLKOV
I am running ubuntu 19.10 with recent gnome 3 and did not find any
working solution to switch layout on Ctrl +Shift shortcuts key release.
Eventualy i wrote a dirty workoround to fit my needs.

https://gitlab.com/softkot/gnome3_xinput_layout_switch

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2020-02-22 Thread Dik
It is not a bug, its a feature. To speed up the typing. Set the layout
change on CapsLock. (In a case you need old caps behavior, you get it
with shift + Caoslock)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2020-02-22 Thread Dik
I would say, that change on Keypress _must_ be the default behavior,
because in an opposite case, there are problems of typing, if toogle in
on CapsLock, and you are typing rapidly.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2020-02-22 Thread Dik
I have an Ubuntu 16.04, how I can restore the normal behavior? I mean
change on Keypress

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-08-07 Thread Ioann
@Norbert
I have Laptop with 16.04.
And Alt+Shift, Alt+Shift+Tab are working ok.
I have also tested it with new default installation in Virtualbox.
And it also works fine.
And it doesn't matter if i use Mate or Unity.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-08-04 Thread Norbert
Just a silent reminder: I have created a PPA (
https://launchpad.net/~nrbrtx/+archive/ubuntu/xorg-hotkeys ) with
patched packages for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (xenial, with HWE) and upwards
(including upcoming 19.10), use its description for instructions.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-08-04 Thread Ioann
So. This problem is still here.
I found following situation:
On older 16.04 layout is changing with releasing Control/Shift/Alt keys.
In 18.04 layout is changing while pressing key combination. 
May be it is setting somewhere in X.org?
Is it possible to find and change it?
It can affect all people in the world, that have non latin-like language as 
basic language.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-07-21 Thread Daniel van Vugt
** Tags removed: cosmic

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-06-18 Thread Bug Watch Updater
** Changed in: xorg-server
   Status: Unknown => New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-06-18 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Bug watch added: gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/issues #258
   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/issues/258

** Changed in: xorg-server
   Importance: High => Unknown

** Changed in: xorg-server
   Status: Fix Released => Unknown

** Changed in: xorg-server
 Remote watch: freedesktop.org Bugzilla #865 => 
gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/issues #258

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-06-18 Thread Bug Watch Updater
** Changed in: xorg-server
   Status: Unknown => Fix Released

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2019-06-18 Thread Castro8583bennett
Hi! I have the same issue i would like to know the solution

Castro B,
gratisdatingsite.nl

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-06-02 Thread Gunnar Hjalmarsson
** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)
   Status: Fix Released => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-06-02 Thread Alexey
Someone should revert this 'Fix Released' status - it is here again in
18.04 (and according to forums in 17.x also).

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2019-05-22 Thread Olivia-jackson
An extensive yet tactical take on your Career Episodes can help represent 
everything that makes you an asset to the Engineers Australia. Career Episodes 
can open those closed doors comfortably. They demonstrate the key skills, the 
experience, and the expertise you bring along in your engineering domain. Every 
one of the three episodes is required to touch base on unique projects and 
experiences, and your role, and strategies. At CDRReport, we have that 
expertise to make your Career Episodes sound valid and convincing.
https://www.cdrreport.org/cpd-examples-samples/
https://www.cdrreport.org/how-to-create-a-perfect-resume-for-engineers-australia/

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2019-05-20 Thread Alex-wilson
I like the helpful info you supply to your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog 
and take a look at once more here frequently. I am somewhat sure I will be told 
plenty of new stuff right right here! Good luck for the following! 

https://www.writecdr.com/ipenz-ka02-new-zealand-skilled-migration/
https://www.writecdr.com/acs-rpl-report-samples/

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-04-21 Thread Norbert
** Tags removed: artful
** Tags added: cosmic disco eoan

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2019-02-10 Thread Mikhail Chabanov via ubuntu-bugs
SOLUTION

For myself I created temporary hack allowing to switch Keyboard layouts
(en<->ru) by Ctrl+Shift on key release. My method does not interfere
with other shortcuts. I use it myself on daily basis.

It's simple Python script which listen to Ctrl+Shift key combination and switch 
layout on release.
It can be downloaded here 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IvgvLFwe2HoGtEzuQnrUoAnEZk1ZCcSw/view?usp=sharing
Please read instructions in ReadMe.txt

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2019-01-30 Thread Idawallace89
Thanks for providing here attachments of Linux given and Assignee by
Xorg Project Team.

Ida,
As an assignment writer, give assistance with psychology homework - 
http://www.assignmenthelpfolks.com/psychology/ at all university levels at 
Assignment Help Folks in Australia.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2018-12-13 Thread Bug Watch Updater
** Changed in: xorg-server
   Status: Confirmed => Unknown

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-12-13 Thread Gitlab-migration
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --

This bug has been migrated to freedesktop.org's GitLab instance and has
been closed from further activity.

You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through
this link to our GitLab instance:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/issues/258.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2018-12-11 Thread Balashov Dmitry
more than 12 years of this bug. a shame.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2018-12-01 Thread Telmenko Igor Valerievish
Why does it not in default settings?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-07-31 Thread Norbert
FYI the bug may be temporarily fixed on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (with HWE),
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (and Mint 19) using packages from my PPA (
https://launchpad.net/~nrbrtx/+archive/ubuntu/xorg-hotkeys or "
ppa:nrbrtx/xorg-hotkeys " ). It contains patched Xorg (with patch from
kyak - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xorg-server-bug865/ ). Thank
you very much again, kyak!

And it is unbelievable that we need to patch core graphical system
component by ourselves to use traditional keyboard shortcuts ...

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Ran Benita
No, I am only talking about myself, as a developer of xkbcommon; as I
said, I am not a xorg developer so I cannot speak for that. I do not
really mind if the spec is actually changed or not, what I am interested
in is:

1. A clear and precise description of the proposed change.
2. A serious consideration of how other parts of the spec may be affected by 
the change.

You know how you want it to behave, so just write it down in the form a
patch against the spec. Then we can discuss further, with the goal of
reaching a solution in xkbcommon, at least. Let me know if you (or
anyone else who wants to do it) need any help.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread kolya
Dear xorg developers. This is an old bug. In fact this is a 13 years old bug. 
And it has been at least 7 years since this bug had a patch to fix it.
Yes, existing patch breaks specification. But one would seem that the fact that 
patch existed for 7 years and was applied by default by popular distributions 
without users` complains would suggest that existing patch is a practical 
solution to the problem despite breaking theoretical (and as discussed here - 
not well thought through) specification.
There is now once more spike of activity here - probably because Ubuntu 17.04 
was released recently which dropped this patch because it was not compatible 
with newer xorg. kyak has provided an updated patch, but it would take a lot of 
time for distributions to pick it up and then circle would repeat with next 
xorg version.

Yes, there has been a few heated discussions around this patch and XKB
specification. And yes, specifications are important, but this is really
annoying problem for people with more than one keyboard layout. Annoying
to the point of making xorg really unusable for some groups of people.
So is there any chance to get more practical with this bug?

For example, kyak's patch has a function 'xkbSwitchGroupOnRelease' that
is a stub to make new behaviour controllable by configuration. Would
xorg maintainers find this patch acceptable to upstream if that function
read value from some environment variable and only turned new behaviour
on if it was set?

I feel like it would allow XKB spec to stay and also would allow users
affected by this problem to solve it without recompiling xorg - which
average user would struggle to do.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Beaux-monde-s
(In reply to Oleg from comment #149)
> 
> And the layout switching - does it occur when you press Ctrl+s? Could you
> please test with Ctrl+Shift?

No, it does not. Currently I could not to test multi-keys switching
combinations.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Ran Benita
Thanks Andreas, I had missed this in the previous discussion.

First, I must say it's a very clever hack :)

I have not looked at it deeply yet, but I have some initial questions:

- Can you describe a bit how you imagine the changes to xkeyboard-config
would look with this approach?

- Do you think this can be done in a backwards compatible way? As far as
xkbcommon is concerned, I am only interested in this scenario: old
library (unaware of the new LockMods options) & new keymap (in textual
form, modified with the new flags).

X has more compatibility concerns,
xkbcomp/client/server/libxkbfile/protocol/Xlib/etc, but allow me to
ignore that for now.

BTW: xkbcommon already supports noLock/noUnlock in LockMods (unlike
xkbcomp), based on your work[1]. So I hope the approach does not rely on
these not already working :)

[1]
https://github.com/xkbcommon/libxkbcommon/commit/7c5e79159b5f5cd533a078c7672705e2ffa0a798

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Bas-bmail
You are right, thanks for pointing that out. Updated patch attached.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Beaux-monde-s
(In reply to Oleg from comment #151)
> Did the old patch work for you? I mean could you switch the layout pressing
> Ctrl while combos like Ctrl-S also worked as expected?

Which patch do you mean when you say "old"?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread tlk
(In reply to Serge Roussak from comment #152)
> (In reply to Oleg from comment #151)
> > Did the old patch work for you? I mean could you switch the layout pressing
> > Ctrl while combos like Ctrl-S also worked as expected?
> 
> Which patch do you mean when you say "old"?

The one that was made for Xorg versions prior to 1.19
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=126753

The whole problem is that 1.19 needs a new one - this is the one
provided by kyak https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=129861

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Jan Pohanka
(In reply to kyak from comment #142)

I mean dereferencing sendEvent pointer.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Bas-bmail
Created attachment 129860
The same patch, but based on 1.19.1

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Bas-bmail
Not really.. This is something that has changed from 1.18 to 1.19.

"act" is now already passed as reference to XkbActionGetFilter.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Wettstae
> - Can you describe a bit how you imagine the changes to xkeyboard-config
>   would look with this approach?
We would need changes wherever we want the new behaviour.  I would prefer to 
create new options for group switching, rather than modifying existing options. 
 Comments #117 and #118 show examples.  Basically, I imagine we use explicit 
action specifications.  However, unless as shown in the examples, with changes 
to xkbcomp, one could write 'LockMods' with an 'group' option, rather than 
using the cryptic 'Private' actions.

> - Do you think this can be done in a backwards compatible way? As far as
>   xkbcommon is concerned, I am only interested in this scenario: old library
>   (unaware of the new LockMods options) & new keymap (in textual form,
>   modified with the new flags).
Certainly, an old library or application would get parse errors when it 
encountered the new options in textual form.

If xkeyboard-config adds new options rather than modifying old ones,
users could just keep using the old options until they upgraded the
library/application.  If the library/application parses only used stuff,
that would circument transitional compatibility issues.  For an old
xkbcomp with a new xkeyboard-config, I believe that would work.

As I far as remember, xkbcommon intentionally does not support
'Private'; otherwise, using it could help during the transition.

> X has more compatibility concerns,
Yes.  Peter's main concern was that some tools might create binary forms of a 
layout where the two bytes that now get a meaning are not zero, but set to some 
random values (zero is fine, as it will have no effect in the new 
interpretation).  His idea was to bump the protocol version, but that is beyond 
my capabilities, so I gave up at this point.  Anyway, current xkbcomp puts the 
bytes to zero, so the combination of an old xkbcomp with new X-server would be 
no problem, ever without the precaution of a protocol version bump.

> BTW: xkbcommon already supports noLock/noUnlock in LockMods (unlike xkbcomp),
> based on your work[1]. So I hope the approach does not rely on these not
> already working :)
With my proposal, xkbcomp should be touched anyway, and this is just one of 
three occasions where I unsuccessfully tried to get noLock/noUnlock supported 
in xkbcomp.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Beaux-monde-s
Try, please, apply your patch, assign the left Ctrl as switching key and
then to save something in the kate editor (or other) using Ctrl+S...

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread tlk
(In reply to Serge Roussak from comment #146)
> Try, please, apply your patch, assign the left Ctrl as switching key and
> then to save something in the kate editor (or other) using Ctrl+S...

You mean to say the new patch doesn't work for you? Please be more
clear.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Beaux-monde-s
Yes, exactly. If I assign the left Ctrl as the switching key, then if I
try to save a file in a text editor with the Ctrl+S, I got the "s" char
in the file.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread tlk
(In reply to Serge Roussak from comment #148)
> Yes, exactly. If I assign the left Ctrl as the switching key, then if I try
> to save a file in a text editor with the Ctrl+S, I got the "s" char in the
> file.

And the layout switching - does it occur when you press Ctrl+s? Could
you please test with Ctrl+Shift?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread tlk
Did the old patch work for you? I mean could you switch the layout
pressing Ctrl while combos like Ctrl-S also worked as expected?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Oded Arbel
The issue of fixing the spec was raised before, and the answer thn was:

(Vasily Khoruzhick from comment #37)
> Daniel is now working on XKB2, so fixing/changing XKB1 has no sense :)

As far as I know, XKB2 was never released, not even as a draft.

Are you saying that the situation has changed and changes to XKB are now
welcome?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Alon Bar-Lev
Created attachment 126753
xorg-server-1.18.4-xkb-switch-on-release.patch

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Jan Pohanka
(In reply to kyak from comment #140)
> Created attachment 129860 [details] [review]
> The same patch, but based on 1.19.1

You are missing dereference in XkbSA_LockMods case...

> case XkbSA_LockMods:
>+filter = _XkbNextFreeFilter(xkbi);
>+sendEvent=_XkbFilterLockMods(xkbi, filter, key, act);
>+break;
> case XkbSA_LockGroup:
> filter = _XkbNextFreeFilter(xkbi);
>-*sendEvent = _XkbFilterLockState(xkbi, filter, key, act);
>+*sendEvent = _XkbFilterLockGroup(xkbi, filter, key, act);

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Bas-bmail
Created attachment 129861
The same patch, but based on 1.19.1 (fixed)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Beaux-monde-s
(In reply to Oleg from comment #153)
> (In reply to Serge Roussak from comment #152)
> > (In reply to Oleg from comment #151)
> > > Did the old patch work for you? I mean could you switch the layout 
> > > pressing
> > > Ctrl while combos like Ctrl-S also worked as expected?
> > 
> > Which patch do you mean when you say "old"?
> 
> The one that was made for Xorg versions prior to 1.19
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=126753
> 
> The whole problem is that 1.19 needs a new one - this is the one provided by
> kyak https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=129861

I have used the last one with the xorg-server v.1.19.3.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Ran Benita
Nikolay,

First, background: I am not a xorg developer, but I develop the XKB
library used by most Wayland compositors (xkbcommon). The behavior there
is the same.

IMO it is worth having a discussion about the behavior. A nice thing
about XKB is that it has a specification. It is easier to discuss
behavioral changes against a spec than hard-to-understand X code, or 150
comments bugs. Therefore, my proposal for you (or anyone else who is
interested in changing the behavior) is to provide a patch against the
spec. Even if the actual spec will never change, I still think that a
clear proposal, which also considers possible side effects, is the first
step forward here.

The current spec and the most relevant section is here:
https://www.x.org/releases/current/doc/kbproto/xkbproto.html#Key_Actions

The current source for the above spec is in the kbproto repository here:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/kbproto/tree/specs/ch06.xml?id=kbproto-1.0.7#n586

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Wettstae
Created attachment 131147
Proposed extension of the XKB protocol.

> Therefore, my proposal for you (or anyone else who is interested in changing 
> the behavior) is to provide a patch against the spec.
That is a very good proposal.  The patch formalises my proposal from comment 
#112. An implementation was posted it the following thread:

https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034427.html

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Freedesktop-x
(In reply to Nikolay from comment #155)
> There is now once more spike of activity here - probably because Ubuntu
> 17.04 was released recently which dropped this patch because it was not
> compatible with newer xorg. kyak has provided an updated patch, but it would
> take a lot of time for distributions to pick it up and then circle would
> repeat with next xorg version.

On Ubuntu 16.04.03 LTS I just went from using Unity to Gnome. With some
back and forth with lightdm vs. gdm and the screen lock issues I got
things working more or less until I stumbled over what probably are the
ripples of this old bug (and I couldn't agree more with Nikolay and his
comment).

I had two keyboard layouts running with Unity, and as everybody seems to
have, I used Alt-Shift to switch layouts, just like on my Windows
laptop. And like almost everyone else, I of course have Alt-Shift-Tab
set for cycling backwards through windows (after jumping through all
sorts of hoops to tell the window manager not to group windows of the
same app...).

I reported my issue at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=786257
which obviously was the wrong place. And now I found this bug here.

I haven't taken the time to understand all the details, so I apologize
for the outside perspective. Yet, I am of the opinion that it should be
possible to define shortcuts such that they trigger their event only
upon release, not upon press, because as noted by everyone else here it
makes it impossible to define "release" shortcuts that are "prefixes" of
other shortcuts, and this is a severe limitation that becomes highly
practically relevant for the usual keyboard layout switching shortcut
that just so happens to be a prefix of the usual window backwards
switching shortcut.

There have been much worse backward incompatibilities in Linux. And
while I hate seeing things break by such changes, here my very personal
view is that should this really present a problem that cannot be solved
in a backward-compatible way (e.g., by letting users distinguish between
"release" and "press" shortcut definitions) then so be it. What is this
compared to deprecating X11, then xorg and at some point also
Wayland...?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread 7-andrew-0
Viktor, could you please elaborate how exactly that may be useful here?

I would also like to ask you to make sure you contribute useful content
to this discussion, or if you cannot, resist from posting. I don’t think
it helps anyone to to support flamewars in this bug report, or even make
the discussion longer than necessary.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
Did somebody tested Russian rulemak keyboard layout? It is between the
extra layouts. It is based on russian layout with latin letters. I' m
not a russian man, but I think, just testing first is a good idea!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Norbert
Just tested simple idea on Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS with MATE DE.
Out-the-box it has Xorg 1.18.4 which perfectly allow user to set for example 
 keyboard shortcut for keyboard layout switching.
But when I install HWE on 16.04 LTS I get newer Xorg 1.19.5.

Debian 8 (Xorg 1.16.4) and 9 (Xorg 1.19.2) have this problem too (see
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=891915 ).

So versions 1.16.4, 1.19.2 and 1.19.5 should be patched to bring
 keyboard shortcut functionality back.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Norbert
All current Ubuntu versions are affected and RHEL too. And nobody cares.

14 years of doing nothing. My congratulations!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Daniel Stone
(In reply to Daniel Stone from comment #191)
> Another, probably better, way to do it would be to define a new flag like
> XkbSA_HasGroupFlags inside the XkbModAction flags field when group_flags and
> group_XXX are valid rather than potentially garbage. That would avoid the
> whole version-negotiation nightmare, as nothing appears to be too picky
> about extra flags being defined.
> 
> Five years later, it would also be good to have support inside libxkbcommon
> (which has a pretty decent test suite) and xcb-proto for the flags.

This comment lays out the best way forward for anyone interested to fix
this bug. It shouldn't be too difficult, but personally I haven't worked
on X11 for quite some time.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Daniel Stone
(In reply to Kovács Viktor from comment #181)
> Sorry, on newer Linux you can set up hot key combination for that problem as
> graphical UI settings, older Linux versions will not be updated. May I close
> It?

Please do not close this bug. If you do not want to receive any further
updates on it, you can unsubscribe by removing yourself from the Cc
list.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Ztirfe Elgnid
There seems to have been a proposed protocol extension (comment #159
etc.) Can anyone shed light, for the outside user, as to the current
status of this proposal? Thanks.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Wettstae
(In reply to Zebediah Figura from comment #189)
> Can anyone shed light, for the outside user, as to the current status of
> this proposal? Thanks.
No news since.  Apart from the formal proposal, there are some old patches for 
its implementation:
https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034427.html
https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034430.html
https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034429.html
https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034431.html
https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034428.html

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Norbert
Did you changed your opinion after for years of not fixing this bug?

Users still need this functionality (see https://community.ubuntu.com/t
/keyboard-layout-switching-problems-and-poll/2876 and
https://askubuntu.com/q/1009352/66509 as examples).

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Beaux-monde-s
(In reply to Alex Efros from comment #184)
> There is a patch, working good enough for years without creating any new
> (practical) issues. In comment #161 is was proposed to make it configurable
> option to make everyone happy and let users choose between using compliant
> protocol or working hotkeys.

(In reply to Aliaksei Urbanski from comment #188)
> I'd like to thank you! And great thanks to kyak for the patch!
> I confirm that it works for me on "older" Gentoo and xorg-server 1.9.5.

I could to say, that this patch does not work exactly as expected. See,
please, my comment #146 for explanation. So I think, this thread could
not be closed.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Mim-t
(In reply to Alex Efros from comment #186)
> (In reply to k0fe from comment #185)
> > (In reply to Alex Efros from comment #184)
> > > There is a patch, working good enough for years without creating any new
> > > (practical) issues. In comment #161 is was proposed to make it 
> > > configurable
> > > option to make everyone happy and let users choose between using compliant
> > > protocol or working hotkeys.
> > 
> > Where is the link to the patch? Where is the instruction like how to apply
> > this patch? And how can this comment be used by an ordinary user (without
> > knowledge of programming) to solve this problem?
> 
> As an ordinary Gentoo Linux user, I:
> - download patch attached to this issue named "The same patch, but based on
> 1.19.1 (fixed)" into directory /etc/portage/patches/x11-base/xorg-server/
> - run `emerge xorg-server` to reinstall Xorg with this patch applied
> - restart X to enjoy working hotkeys :)
> 
> If users of other Linux distributions have issues with this - probably they
> just didn't use "newer Linux". 
I'd like to thank you! And great thanks to kyak for the patch!
I confirm that it works for me on "older" Gentoo and xorg-server 1.9.5.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
Sorry, on newer Linux you can set up hot key combination for that
problem as graphical UI settings, older Linux versions will not be
updated. May I close It?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread David-cortes-rivera
Another user here voting for this bug to get patched OFFICIALLY from
upstream.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Daniel Stone
(In reply to Andreas Wettstein from comment #190)
> No news since.  Apart from the formal proposal, there are some old patches
> for its implementation:
> https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034427.html
> https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034430.html
> https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034429.html
> https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034431.html
> https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-November/034428.html

Here's what I think we would need to do in order to not break old clients:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-devel/2013-January/035049.html

Another, probably better, way to do it would be to define a new flag
like XkbSA_HasGroupFlags inside the XkbModAction flags field when
group_flags and group_XXX are valid rather than potentially garbage.
That would avoid the whole version-negotiation nightmare, as nothing
appears to be too picky about extra flags being defined.

Five years later, it would also be good to have support inside
libxkbcommon (which has a pretty decent test suite) and xcb-proto for
the flags.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kof-box
(In reply to Jan Pohanka from comment #182)
> (In reply to Kovács Viktor from comment #181)
> > Sorry, on newer Linux you can set up hot key combination for that problem as
> > graphical UI settings, older Linux versions will not be updated. May I close
> > It?
> 
> With all respect to you... Why do you want to close well described bug
> moreover that it has good proposed solution? This issue affects multiple
> users using multiple keyboard layouts and merging available patch probably
> won't cause any problems to the rest of people that does not use layout
> switchig.

Sorry, but where do you see "good proposed solution"? Please, please
show me that solution.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Powerman-asdf
(In reply to k0fe from comment #185)
> (In reply to Alex Efros from comment #184)
> > There is a patch, working good enough for years without creating any new
> > (practical) issues. In comment #161 is was proposed to make it configurable
> > option to make everyone happy and let users choose between using compliant
> > protocol or working hotkeys.
> 
> Where is the link to the patch? Where is the instruction like how to apply
> this patch? And how can this comment be used by an ordinary user (without
> knowledge of programming) to solve this problem?

As an ordinary Gentoo Linux user, I:
- download patch attached to this issue named "The same patch, but based on 
1.19.1 (fixed)" into directory /etc/portage/patches/x11-base/xorg-server/
- run `emerge xorg-server` to reinstall Xorg with this patch applied
- restart X to enjoy working hotkeys :)

If users of other Linux distributions have issues with this - probably
they just didn't use "newer Linux". 

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Jan Pohanka
(In reply to Kovács Viktor from comment #181)
> Sorry, on newer Linux you can set up hot key combination for that problem as
> graphical UI settings, older Linux versions will not be updated. May I close
> It?

With all respect to you... Why do you want to close well described bug
moreover that it has good proposed solution? This issue affects multiple
users using multiple keyboard layouts and merging available patch
probably won't cause any problems to the rest of people that does not
use layout switchig.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kof-box
(In reply to Alex Efros from comment #184)
> (In reply to Kovács Viktor from comment #181)
> > Sorry, on newer Linux you can set up hot key combination for that problem as
> > graphical UI settings, older Linux versions will not be updated.
> 
> What exactly "newer Linux" is supposed to mean? I'm using yesterday's
> updated Gentoo Linux with xorg-server-1.19.5 and Fluxbox - is it counts as
> "newer"? Or by "newer Linux" you mean something like "modern KDE only"?
> 
> (In reply to k0fe from comment #183)
> > Sorry, but where do you see "good proposed solution"? Please, please show me
> > that solution.
> 
> There is a patch, working good enough for years without creating any new
> (practical) issues. In comment #161 is was proposed to make it configurable
> option to make everyone happy and let users choose between using compliant
> protocol or working hotkeys.

Where is the link to the patch? Where is the instruction like how to
apply this patch? And how can this comment be used by an ordinary user
(without knowledge of programming) to solve this problem?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Powerman-asdf
(In reply to Kovács Viktor from comment #181)
> Sorry, on newer Linux you can set up hot key combination for that problem as
> graphical UI settings, older Linux versions will not be updated.

What exactly "newer Linux" is supposed to mean? I'm using yesterday's
updated Gentoo Linux with xorg-server-1.19.5 and Fluxbox - is it counts
as "newer"? Or by "newer Linux" you mean something like "modern KDE
only"?

(In reply to k0fe from comment #183)
> Sorry, but where do you see "good proposed solution"? Please, please show me
> that solution.

There is a patch, working good enough for years without creating any new
(practical) issues. In comment #161 is was proposed to make it
configurable option to make everyone happy and let users choose between
using compliant protocol or working hotkeys.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Alon Bar-Lev
(In reply to Kovács Viktor from comment #165)
> Why don't you change your layout switcher key-combination? You can set up
> another key-combinations for russian and different key-combination for
> english keyboard,too. That's KDE's problem, that allow choose frequently
> used key combinations.

This has nothing to do with KDE, but lack of functionality of xkb.

There is universal key sequence to switch layout which is common to most
operating systems, once this sequence is selected, functionality is
lost.

Comment#161 summaries the options to actually solve the issue, until
resolved people should be able to land here to apply the patch which I
use for 10 years.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
(In reply to Zebediah Figura from comment #179)
> (In reply to Kovács Viktor from comment #178)
> > Kubuntu grants Control+Shift+K combination. Is it acceptable?
> 
> The question is not, largely speaking, about whether there is any shortcut
> available. The question is largely specifically about shortcuts such as
> Ctrl+Shift or Alt+Shift, which due to this bug will interfere with other
> shortcuts and applications. Users such as myself are accustomed to using
> these shortcuts, and they should be expected to work.

Yes, I was thinking about it before you answered. I tested RCtrl+RShift
combination, and it has no conflicts with hotkeys. There are possibility
of XKeyboard-config, I used it before a keyboard layout:
caps_switch_latch. It works when capslock pushed, but not released. I
just thinking, I am in a black room. But it cannot do anything with
hotkeys. I think, that problem is a miner-like. X-windows have messages
keypress and release, but in my opinion, it should be adopt all windows
manager. I will read the according X11 header files first, I promiss.
After that I come back again, could we step to an easy way or not.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Ztirfe Elgnid
This bug is not exclusive to KDE. I use XFCE on a different machine as
well, and encounter the bug there. Various people in this thread have
reported it in other WMs. Is there a reason why the solution should not
be, as the title says, that XKB kick its hotkeys on release rather than
press?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
I understand, that you must switch between Russian and English layout.
The programs uses latin-based hotkeys, I did understand. In my opinion,
in the future would be change, if the translator projects "translate"
the hotkeys, for example to cyrillyc letters, too. (then won't need
switches between layouts so frequently) We (Hungarians) will run into
that problems on the future, when we will want to write old Hungarian
texts. This is a runic-like right-to-left script. My question is, do you
use Windows yet, or you uses already only Linux? You can choose switcher
combination closely positioned with ctrl and shift. If you buy a new
laptop, it could be happen, that the keyboard metrics not exactly same
as on previous one.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
Original problem was, that Shishakov uses ctrl+shift keyboard layout 
keycombination, and it not works, because it can be used in hotkeys.
Why do not change It? It is much easier thing, I think.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
(In reply to Vitaly Shishakov from comment #0)
> I used to use Ctrl-Shift combination to switch keyboard layouts (ru <--> us)
> 
> but in this case i cant use any of the Ctrl-Shift-* hotkeys in any software
> i try.  
>  
> I noticed, that the keyboard layout becomes swithced as soon an both keys
> are DOWN -- 
> pressing any other key is not treated as Ctrl-Shift- combination.  
>  
> For example -- in Windows i also use Ctrl-Shift to switch layouts, but
> there, the layout 
> becomes switched only when both SHIFT and CTRL keys are UP, and no other key
> was 
> pressed while they were down -- in that case the hole combination is treates
> as 
> Ctrl-Shift- combination, and the layout is not changed.  
>  
> see also:  http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59303 
>  
>  
>  
> I use the following lines in XF86Config:  
>  
> Section "InputDevice" 
>   Driver   "Keyboard" 
>   Identifier   "Keyboard[0]" 
>   Option   "Protocol" "Standard" 
>   Option   "XkbLayout" "us,ru" 
>   Option   "XkbModel" "pc104" 
>   Option   "XkbOptions" "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle" 
>   Option   "XkbRules" "xfree86" 
>   Option   "XkbVariant" ",winkeys" 
> EndSection

Kubuntu grants Control+Shift+K combination. Is it acceptable?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Yanpas
I use both Windows and Linux. BTW Many people don't have a choise of the
OS on their jobs.

I may provide a patch that would make it available to switch the
behaviour in the runtime (I guess a line in xorg.conf would be fine). So
we don't break the standard, people don't need to recompile xorg every
time and patch developers don't need to adapt the patch.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Ztirfe Elgnid
(In reply to Kovács Viktor from comment #178)
> Kubuntu grants Control+Shift+K combination. Is it acceptable?

The question is not, largely speaking, about whether there is any
shortcut available. The question is largely specifically about shortcuts
such as Ctrl+Shift or Alt+Shift, which due to this bug will interfere
with other shortcuts and applications. Users such as myself are
accustomed to using these shortcuts, and they should be expected to
work.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
Who invite me this blog?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Bas-bmail
(In reply to Yan Pas from comment #176)
> I use both Windows and Linux. BTW Many people don't have a choise of the OS
> on their jobs.
> 
> I may provide a patch that would make it available to switch the behaviour
> in the runtime (I guess a line in xorg.conf would be fine). So we don't
> break the standard, people don't need to recompile xorg every time and patch
> developers don't need to adapt the patch.

You should get developers' feedback about this approach first. If they
are not willing to merge the patch that works via xorg.conf, you will
only waste your time.

>From the other hand side, you will probably waste your time anyway.
Developers talk about the "standard", and explicitely suggest sending patches 
to standard instead of patching xorg (read previous comments). And when such 
patch for the standard gets attached to this bug report, what happens? Nothing.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Ztirfe Elgnid
With all due respect, I hope this is not the usual response to X bugs. I
do not think it is unreasonable to ask that shortcuts be made available
from the set of control keys, since this is a very widespread feature
across operating systems. I have used Kubuntu for the past several
years, and made use of the alt-shift key combination to toggle between
the English and Greek keyboard layouts. After the recent KDE change I
find this bug affecting my workflow, interrupting various keyboard
combinations involving the use of those modifiers. I think it is
appropriate to call this a bug in xkb's behaviour.

I wholeheartedly understand that X developers are more thinly stretched
than most, and that this bug—despite its labeled importance—does not
have as extreme a disruptive impact as many other bugs. I have no desire
to complain of the amount of time this bug has spent open and demand
that it be fixed. I would however request that this bug not be closed,
as it is indeed a bug and the responsibility of xkb.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Maciej Pilichowski
@Kovács Viktor, this report is not only about "original" problem, but
all the problems affected by current implementation. I described other
one with modifier for national characters, once you define such key you
cannot use it as shortcut modifier.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
The main keyword the KDE interface programming philosophy called Quick Time. 
Windows use message queue, and uses built togheter windows manager with the os 
hardly. Qt enables for programs override every reactions, "answered" the user 
actions. Under xcfe desktop manager main program override subprograms actions, 
for example, midnight commander is not closeable pressed f10 key, it override 
the main window. KDE close midnight commander pressing f10 key.
Xkb layouts can not to do anything with this problem.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Yanpas
Me too very upset about this bug: there is patch for several yers - no
one cares. I suggest compromise: add autotools|meson option to enable
this feature. At least every distro would be able to decide whether they
want to provide nonstandard behavior.

I also see that this bug is assigned but nothing happens.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
Why don't you change your layout switcher key-combination? You can set
up another key-combinations for russian and different key-combination
for english keyboard,too. That's KDE's problem, that allow choose
frequently used key combinations.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Yanpas
High, Viktor!

I'm using Ctrl+Shift for twelve years since Win XP. I use this
combintaion on my win machines. So it's definetely not an option for me.
Since I use Cyrillic layout I switch layouts frequently (people using
Latin layouts are less affected). Imagine saving action shortcut
"Ctrl+S" combintaion would be replaced with something like "Alt+R" in
your favourite text editor.

I'm also sure that no one will complain if the patch will be merged. And
I do not understand why should we follow the standard if this standard
makes living uncomfortable.

BTW according to previous comments wayland implentations suffer from
this bug too despite they do not depend on Xorg-server. Do we need
separate patch for libxcb and libxcbcommon?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kovács Viktor
Created attachment 134843
KDE keyboard layout switcher screenshot

Sorry, I'm Hungarian.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Kof-box
After the next update of the package "xserver-xorg-input-evdev-
hwe-16.04" (with dependencies) from the version "1: 2.10.2-1ubuntu1 ~
16.04.1" to the version "1: 2.10.5-1ubuntu1 ~ 16.04.1 ", in the KDE
shell, the language switch does not happen when the keys are released,
but when pressed.

Distributions on which this problem was repeated:
neon-useredition-20171012-1018-amd64
kubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-amd64
kubuntu-17.04-desktop-amd64

Distributions in which there is no such problem:
ubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-amd64
ubuntu-17.04-desktop-amd64 (but there is no such package)

When setting the switch to Ctrl-Shift, you can not quickly select text
with the "Ctrl-Shift-Arrows" keys. However, you do not want to have
outdated xorg packages. Extremely uncomfortable, help!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2018-06-08 Thread Bug Watch Updater
** Bug watch added: GNOME Bug Tracker #786257
   https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=786257

** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #891915
   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=891915

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812]

2018-06-08 Thread Alon Bar-Lev
Created attachment 126752
xorg-server-1.18.4-xkb-switch-on-release.patch

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2018-04-07 Thread Norbert
Dear all!

I have created PPA ( https://launchpad.net/~nrbrtx/+archive/ubuntu/xorg-
hotkeys ) with patched packages for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (xenial, with HWE)
and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (bionic).

You can test them by the following commands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nrbrtx/xorg-hotkeys
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Hope this helps.


** Tags added: artful bionic trusty xenial

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2017-10-14 Thread Bug Watch Updater
** Changed in: xorg-server
   Status: Won't Fix => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2017-10-13 Thread Bug Watch Updater
** Changed in: xorg-server
   Status: In Progress => Won't Fix

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2017-08-16 Thread Artem Kovalov
Applying a patch indicated tlk saved my day. Hope some day this issue
will be resolved forever.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs


[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2017-04-17 Thread Lastique
Since this bug is marked as resolved for xorg-server, I've created a new
one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1683383.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs


[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2017-04-15 Thread tlk
I see the patch's been dropped for zesty

changelog.Debian for xserver-xorg-core says:
xorg-server (2:1.19.3-1ubuntu1) zesty; urgency=medium
  * 208_switch_on_release.diff: Dropped, doesn't work with 1.19.

There's a new patch posted to the corresponding bug on freedesktop
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=865 (attachment:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=129861) which is
supposedly compatible with 1.19

Could someone look at it please?
Vanilla behavior for those who used to switching input layout with something 
like Ctrl-Shift is really annoying.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs


[Bug 36812] Re: Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not work well with shortcuts

2017-04-15 Thread tlk
I'v just installed Ubuntu Mate 17.04 and this patch doesn't appear to work 
anymore - suspect it's because Xorg has moved from evdev to libinput for 
handling the issue of input.
Really would like to bring the old behavior back. If anyone knows of a solution 
I'd be grateful if you point me at it.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs


[Bug 36812]

2016-04-05 Thread StingX
Created attachment 122717
xorg-server-1.18.3-xkb-switch-on-release.patch

Here is the patch from ubuntu, that can be merged into the current
debian sid version of xorg-server (1.18.3-1).

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/36812

Title:
  Keyboard layout change on hotkeys press instead of release and do not
  work well with shortcuts

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/36812/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs


  1   2   3   >