[Bug 1770044]

2021-02-23 Thread Nate-b
*** Bug 412639 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to plasma-workspace in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
kubuntu-bugs mailing list
kubuntu-b...@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-bugs


[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2020-12-21 Thread Timon Michel
Mikasa

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2020-12-21 Thread Timon Michel
Mikasa

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2020-12-21 Thread Timon Michel
I'm sorry, i misunderstood the text box "comment" as an internal comment
for myself. Can i delete it somehow?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to plasma-workspace in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
kubuntu-bugs mailing list
kubuntu-b...@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-bugs


[Bug 1770044]

2020-08-01 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 424849 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2020-07-02 Thread Patrick Gillespie
For what it's worth, this bug is still present in Kubuntu 20.04.
Deleting Print-Manager and reinstalling after reboot (and deleting
printers) ---as advised above--- seems to have solved the problem---for
now.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-04-27 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 420576 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2020-04-21 Thread Launchpad Bug Tracker
Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: print-manager (Ubuntu Bionic)
   Status: New => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2020-04-21 Thread Launchpad Bug Tracker
Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: print-manager (Ubuntu Eoan)
   Status: New => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-04-03 Thread Beastyvoid
Created attachment 127232
New crash information added by DrKonqi

plasmashell (5.17.5) using Qt 5.13.2

- What I was doing when the application crashed:

I added a new HP printer earlier this day. Now, Plasma crashes at every login.
I created a new user with a brand new /home and Plasma crashes with that user 
as well.

-- Backtrace (Reduced):
#6  0x7f809d42436a in JobModel::updateJob(int, KCupsJob const&) () from 
/lib64/libkcupslib.so
#7  0x7f809d426418 in JobModel::insertJob(int, KCupsJob const&) () from 
/lib64/libkcupslib.so
#8  0x7f809d4268d9 in JobModel::getJobFinished(KCupsRequest*) () from 
/lib64/libkcupslib.so
#9  0x7f80c94b279a in QObject::event(QEvent*) () from /lib64/libQt5Core.so.5
#10 0x7f80c9f88ab6 in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) 
() from /lib64/libQt5Widgets.so.5

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-03-30 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 417537 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to plasma-workspace in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
kubuntu-bugs mailing list
kubuntu-b...@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-bugs


[Bug 1770044]

2020-03-30 Thread Nate-b
*** Bug 418717 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to plasma-workspace in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
kubuntu-bugs mailing list
kubuntu-b...@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-bugs


[Bug 1770044]

2020-02-14 Thread Gordon Lack
A workaround is to cancel all jobs, or at least the duplicates(?).

See:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-
workspace/+bug/1770044/comments/82

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-02-14 Thread Nate-b
*** Bug 417462 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-02-13 Thread Matheus
Is there any workaround? I'm on 5.18.9? I was trying to use a wifi
printer

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-02-13 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 417601 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2020-02-02 Thread Gordon Lack
>>> This is incorrect, as I've just had it happen to me (again) and I'm
using Eoan.

Although if that actually meant the problem wasn't with plasma-workspace but 
rather with print-manager then I disagree.
Clearly plasma-workspace has the ability to crash when presented with incorrect 
data. That itself is a bug! Applications should validate their input and handle 
errors appropriately. A crash is not an appropriate handling.

Also, will the Focal fix be backported to the earlier, still suffering
releases?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2020-02-02 Thread Gordon Lack
>>> no longer affects:  plasma-workspace (Ubuntu Eoan)

This is incorrect, as I've just had it happen to me (again) and I;m
using Eoan.

Here is my print queue:

[gmllaptop]: lpstat -R
  0 MFCJ6930DW-111gml4410   1024 Fri 24 Jan 2020 17:14:13 GMT
  1 MFCJ6930DW-111gml4410   1024 Fri 24 Jan 2020 17:14:13 GMT
  2 MFCJ6930DW-111gml4410   1024 Fri 24 Jan 2020 17:14:13 GMT

Note that despite the time (>9 days ago) it only caused the problem just
now (I suspect at approximately the midnight rollover from Sunday Feb
2nd to Monday 3rd).

A "cancel -x -a" has removed these records and my laptop is now OK
again.

Attached is the saved crash text file.

** Attachment added: "plasmashell-20200203-000819.kcrash.txt"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+attachment/5324881/+files/plasmashell-20200203-000819.kcrash.txt

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-01-31 Thread 8p-k26-gj
*** Bug 416985 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-01-15 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 416215 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2020-01-09 Thread Rik Mills
** Changed in: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu)
   Status: Confirmed => Invalid

** Also affects: print-manager (Ubuntu Focal)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: Confirmed

** Also affects: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu Focal)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: Invalid

** Also affects: print-manager (Ubuntu Bionic)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Also affects: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu Bionic)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Also affects: print-manager (Ubuntu Eoan)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Also affects: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu Eoan)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** No longer affects: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu Bionic)

** No longer affects: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu Eoan)

** No longer affects: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: print-manager (Ubuntu Focal)
   Status: Confirmed => Fix Released

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-01-09 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 415239 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2020-01-09 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 415014 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-12-03 Thread Bug Watch Updater
** Changed in: print-manager
   Status: Confirmed => Fix Released

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-12-03 Thread Mr203010spam
(In reply to Albert Astals Cid from comment #44)
> Right, you have 3 print jobs with id 97, which is why this is crashing.
> 
> Do you remember what you did to end up with 3 print jobs with the same id?
> Was your printer off or on or it failed during printing or something?
Not really, no. I would assume the (network connected) printer was switched 
off. But I'm not certain.

Meanwhile I managed to remove the print jobs via lprm -U user x
(iterating x from 0 to 2)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-12-03 Thread Gordon Lack
>>> Anyone knows what exactly happened on Cups side?

I was wondering a similar thing. But rather what the "cups database" of past 
jobs looked like when it has multiple jobs with teh same id.
When I went looking the info was only in /var/spool/cups and the job number was 
taken from the filename, so what does this look like when there are multiple 
ids?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-12-03 Thread Nate-b
*** Bug 414652 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-12-03 Thread Konrad Materka
Anyone knows what exactly happened on Cups side? Why there were jobs
with duplicated Id? Maybe this should also be reported to Cups team?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-12-03 Thread Albert Astals Cid
Git commit c93f2f16c30d10fbd0f4bfb4c0bf0cec07a4c93b by Albert Astals Cid.
Committed on 02/12/2019 at 22:05.
Pushed by aacid into branch 'release/19.12'.

Fix crash when cups returns jobs with duplicate id

Summary:
For some reason my cups was giving me two withheld jobs with id 33 and two with 
id 40

That made the JobModel code crash, because it went like this

 * First job with id 33 found
 * insertRow with 0 called
 * Row 0 inserted
 * Job at row 0 updated (from inside insertRow)
 * Second job with id 33 found
 * The "oh i already have this job code triggers", updates the job, then 
takesRow 0 and inserts at row 1. QStandardItemModel doesn't like getting a row 
add at 1 inserted when empty
 * First job with id 40 found
 * insertRow with 2 called
 * Row 2 inserted, it fails, QStandardItemModel doesn't like getting a row add 
at 2 when empty
 * Job at row 2 updated (from iniside insertRow)
 * Crash because there's no row 2 in the model

Test Plan: Doesn't crash anymore with my weird cups list of pending jobs

Reviewers: dantti

Reviewed By: dantti

Subscribers: ngraham, marcelm, fvogt, broulik, nicolasfella, kmaterka,
kde-utils-devel

Differential Revision: https://phabricator.kde.org/D25623

M  +21   -2libkcups/JobModel.cpp

https://commits.kde.org/print-
manager/c93f2f16c30d10fbd0f4bfb4c0bf0cec07a4c93b

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-12-03 Thread Albert Astals Cid
(In reply to Konrad Materka from comment #49)
> Maybe this should also be reported to Cups team?

Unless someone knows how to reproduce the duplicate ids issue i'm not
sure it makes much sense, but feel free :) maybe they can think of a way
this would happen

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-12-02 Thread Vortex-s
Created attachment 124272
New crash information added by DrKonqi

plasmashell (5.17.3) using Qt 5.13.1

- What I was doing when the application crashed:
Logged in into KDE
- Unusual behavior I noticed:
Desktop appeard and went straight to a black screen and after a few seconds Dr. 
Konqi appeared.

-- Backtrace (Reduced):
#6  0x7f0945c0b556 in JobModel::updateJob(int, KCupsJob const&) () at 
/usr/lib64/libkcupslib.so
#7  0x7f0945c0d5f8 in JobModel::insertJob(int, KCupsJob const&) () at 
/usr/lib64/libkcupslib.so
#8  0x7f0945c0dab9 in JobModel::getJobFinished(KCupsRequest*) () at 
/usr/lib64/libkcupslib.so
#9  0x7f097747deea in QObject::event(QEvent*) () at 
/usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so.5
#10 0x7f097800fc62 in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) 
() at /usr/lib64/libQt5Widgets.so.5

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-12-02 Thread Mr203010spam
I do experience the crash and

$> lpstat -R
  0 printer-97user  316416 Sun Sep 15 22:00:36 2019
  1 printer-97user  316416 Sun Sep 15 22:00:36 2019
  2 printer-97user  316416 Sun Sep 15 22:00:36 2019

Running on openSuse Thumbleweed on the latests updates. Experience this
crash since a few days

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-12-02 Thread Albert Astals Cid
(In reply to Meinhard Ritscher from comment #43)
> I do experience the crash and 
> 
> $> lpstat -R
>   0 printer-97user  316416 Sun Sep 15 22:00:36 2019
>   1 printer-97user  316416 Sun Sep 15 22:00:36 2019
>   2 printer-97user  316416 Sun Sep 15 22:00:36 2019
> 
> Running on openSuse Thumbleweed on the latests updates. Experience this
> crash since a few days

Right, you have 3 print jobs with id 97, which is why this is crashing.

Do you remember what you did to end up with 3 print jobs with the same
id? Was your printer off or on or it failed during printing or
something?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-11-30 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 414083 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-11-30 Thread Albert Astals Cid
People that still have this crash. Can you please run 
lpstat -R

People that still have this crash and have the technical ability to test
a patch, please test https://phabricator.kde.org/D25623

If we're quick enough we can get it into the 19.12 release of print-
manager

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-11-15 Thread vmagnin
The bug is still present in Kubuntu 19.10 (KDE Plasma 5.16.5), and it
appeared two years ago in Kubuntu 17.10.

I have reinstalled the package print-manager on my notebook to install a
new printer, but I was obliged to remove print-manager after plasma
crashed when trying to print as the Wi-Fi was off.

Note that without the print-manager, I can not add printers but I can
still print on already installed printers. So you can install print-
manager each time you need to manage a new printer then uninstall the
package.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-11-14 Thread Giant+bug-kde
*** Bug 414058 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-10-24 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 412269 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to plasma-workspace in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
kubuntu-bugs mailing list
kubuntu-b...@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-bugs


[Bug 1770044]

2019-10-24 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 411870 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-10-21 Thread Launchpad Bug Tracker
Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: print-manager (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-10-05 Thread Carlos
Created attachment 123034
New crash information added by DrKonqi

plasmashell (5.16.5) using Qt 5.12.3

- What I was doing when the application crashed:
Usually after printing Plasma would crash but restarting from terminal using 
killall plasmashell followed by kstart plasmashell would work, now it just 
keeps on crashing, so it becomes unusable.
- Unusual behavior I noticed:
Whenever printing succeeded, plasma would crash but resume. If printing failed 
and job stayed in printing queue, plasma would crash and never resume. Manual 
restart of plasma would be necessary. This is no longer working.

-- Backtrace (Reduced):
#6  0x7f6ae18e9c80 in JobModel::updateJob(int, KCupsJob const&) () at 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkcupslib.so
#7  0x7f6ae18ebe68 in JobModel::insertJob(int, KCupsJob const&) () at 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkcupslib.so
#8  0x7f6ae18ec46b in JobModel::getJobFinished(KCupsRequest*) () at 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkcupslib.so
#9  0x7f6b32e203e2 in QObject::event(QEvent*) () at 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
#10 0x7f6b3474d65c in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) 
() at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-09-17 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 411153 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-09-03 Thread Gordon Lack
16   Wed 24 Apr 2019 18:53:34 BST
MFCJ4410DW-9gml4410 325632   Sun 07 Apr 2019 01:16:05 BST
MFCJ4410DW-9gml4410 325632   Sun 07 Apr 2019 01:16:05 BST
MFCJ4410DW-9gml4410 325632   Sun 07 Apr 2019 01:16:05 BST
MFCJ4410DW-8gml4410 601088   Sun 07 Apr 2019 01:14:51 BST
MFCJ4410DW-8gml4410 601088   Sun 07 Apr 2019 01:14:51 BST
MFCJ4410DW-8gml4410 601088   Sun 07 Apr 2019 01:14:51 BST
MFCJ4410DW-7gml44104894720   Mon 25 Mar 2019 00:57:46 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-7gml44104894720   Mon 25 Mar 2019 00:57:46 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-7gml44104894720   Mon 25 Mar 2019 00:57:46 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-5gml4410   10758144   Mon 25 Mar 2019 00:51:55 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-5gml4410   10758144   Mon 25 Mar 2019 00:51:55 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-5gml4410   10758144   Mon 25 Mar 2019 00:51:55 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-5gml4410   10758144   Mon 25 Mar 2019 00:51:55 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-3gml4410 294912   Thu 24 Jan 2019 00:01:01 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-3gml4410 294912   Thu 24 Jan 2019 00:01:01 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-3gml4410 294912   Thu 24 Jan 2019 00:01:01 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-3gml4410 294912   Thu 24 Jan 2019 00:01:01 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-4gml4410 301056   Wed 23 Jan 2019 20:39:40 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-4gml4410 301056   Wed 23 Jan 2019 20:39:40 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-4gml4410 301056   Wed 23 Jan 2019 20:39:40 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-4gml4410 301056   Wed 23 Jan 2019 20:39:40 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-2gml4410 302080   Wed 23 Jan 2019 12:18:43 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-2gml4410 302080   Wed 23 Jan 2019 12:18:43 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-2gml4410 302080   Wed 23 Jan 2019 12:18:43 GMT
MFCJ4410DW-2gml4410 302080   Wed 23 Jan 2019 12:18:43 GMT

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-09-02 Thread Rik Mills
*** Bug 410124 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-09-02 Thread U26
*** Bug 410570 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044]

2019-09-02 Thread Cfeck
*** Bug 410509 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-07-08 Thread Bug Watch Updater
7, fds=fds@entry=0xa540a220, n_fds=n_fds@entry=1) at 
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.0/./glib/gmain.c:3513
#5  0xb1fc8aea in g_main_context_iterate (context=context@entry=0xa540a230, 
block=block@entry=1, dispatch=dispatch@entry=1, self=) at 
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.0/./glib/gmain.c:3709
#6  0xb1fc8c98 in g_main_context_iteration (context=0xa540a230, may_block=1) at 
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.0/./glib/gmain.c:3773
#7  0xb603a8df in QEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents (this=0xa540a140, 
flags=...) at kernel/qeventdispatcher_glib.cpp:426
#8  0xb60099f3 in QEventLoop::processEvents (this=this@entry=0xa1135238, 
flags=...) at kernel/qeventloop.cpp:149
#9  0xb6009d19 in QEventLoop::exec (this=this@entry=0xa1135238, flags=...) at 
kernel/qeventloop.cpp:204
#10 0xb5ef8e3d in QThread::exec (this=0xb0952e0) at thread/qthread.cpp:542
#11 0xa28af8a7 in KCupsConnection::run() () from /usr/lib/libkcupslib.so
#12 0xb5efb72f in QThreadPrivate::start (arg=0xb0952e0) at 
thread/qthread_unix.cpp:338
#13 0xb20ddd78 in start_thread (arg=0xa1135b40) at pthread_create.c:311
#14 0xb75d101e in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/clone.S:131

Thread 1 (Thread 0xb1277740 (LWP 5114)):
[KCrash Handler]
#7  0xa28c91a1 in JobModel::updateJob(int, KCupsJob const&) () from 
/usr/lib/libkcupslib.so
#8  0xa28cd4cd in JobModel::getJobFinished() () from /usr/lib/libkcupslib.so
#9  0xa28cdb98 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libkcupslib.so
#10 0xb601c77a in QMetaCallEvent::placeMetaCall (this=0xa540e5c0, 
object=0xaad6498) at kernel/qobject.cpp:524
#11 0xb602458b in QObject::event (this=0xaad6498, e=0xa540e5c0) at 
kernel/qobject.cpp:1194
#12 0xb551b744 in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper (this=0x9fa2a28, 
receiver=0xaad6498, e=0xa540e5c0) at kernel/qapplication.cpp:4567
#13 0xb553 in QApplication::notify (this=0x9f50ba0, 
receiver=receiver@entry=0xaad6498, e=e@entry=0xa540e5c0) at 
kernel/qapplication.cpp:4353
#14 0xb667f024 in KApplication::notify (this=0x9f50ba0, receiver=0xaad6498, 
event=0xa540e5c0) at ../../kdeui/kernel/kapplication.cpp:311
#15 0xb600aeda in QCoreApplication::notifyInternal (this=0x9f50ba0, 
receiver=receiver@entry=0xaad6498, event=event@entry=0xa540e5c0) at 
kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp:946
#16 0xb600e6ad in sendEvent (event=0xa540e5c0, receiver=0xaad6498) at 
../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.h:231
#17 QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendPostedEvents (receiver=receiver@entry=0x0, 
event_type=event_type@entry=0, data=0x9f1b130) at 
kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp:1570
#18 0xb600ebbc in QCoreApplication::sendPostedEvents 
(receiver=receiver@entry=0x0, event_type=event_type@entry=0) at 
kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp:1463
#19 0xb603af6e in sendPostedEvents () at 
../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.h:236
#20 postEventSourceDispatch (s=s@entry=0x9fa14a0) at 
kernel/qeventdispatcher_glib.cpp:279
#21 0xb1fc882e in g_main_dispatch (context=0x9fa2ca0, context@entry=0x9f216c8) 
at /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.0/./glib/gmain.c:3065
#22 g_main_context_dispatch (context=context@entry=0x9fa2ca0) at 
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.0/./glib/gmain.c:3641
#23 0xb1fc8bd8 in g_main_context_iterate (context=context@entry=0x9fa2ca0, 
block=block@entry=1, dispatch=dispatch@entry=1, self=) at 
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.0/./glib/gmain.c:3712
#24 0xb1fc8c98 in g_main_context_iteration (context=0x9fa2ca0, may_block=1) at 
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.0/./glib/gmain.c:3773
#25 0xb603a8bf in QEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents 
(this=this@entry=0x9f1bea8, flags=...) at kernel/qeventdispatcher_glib.cpp:424
#26 0xb55d032e in QGuiEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents (this=0x9f1bea8, 
flags=...) at kernel/qguieventdispatcher_glib.cpp:204
#27 0xb60099f3 in QEventLoop::processEvents (this=this@entry=0xbfa2a078, 
flags=...) at kernel/qeventloop.cpp:149
#28 0xb6009d19 in QEventLoop::exec (this=this@entry=0xbfa2a078, flags=...) at 
kernel/qeventloop.cpp:204
#29 0xb600f89e in QCoreApplication::exec () at kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp:1218
#30 0xb5519974 in QApplication::exec () at kernel/qapplication.cpp:3828
#31 0xb76e8947 in kdemain (argc=1, argv=0xbfa2a214) at 
../../../../plasma/desktop/shell/main.cpp:126
#32 0x0804858b in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfa2a214) at plasma-desktop_dummy.cpp:3

Reported using DrKonqi

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-
workspace/+bug/1770044/comments/0


On 2013-10-22T18:53:05+00:00 Daniel Nicoletti wrote:

Can you reproduce it everytime?
Without debug symbols I can't find out why is it crashing.

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-
workspace/+bug/1770044/comments/1


On 2013-10-22T21:27:57+00:00 Piotr Kęplicz wrote:

I rebuilt print-manager with debugging symbols, below goes a new
backtrace. It crashes everytime plasma-desktop starts.

Application: Powłoka pulpitu Plazmy (plasma-desktop), signal: Segmentati

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-07-08 Thread Rik Mills
** Also affects: print-manager (Ubuntu)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Bug watch added: KDE Bug Tracking System #326289
   https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=326289

** Also affects: print-manager via
   https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=326289
   Importance: Unknown
   Status: Unknown

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/print-manager/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-02-26 Thread Matthias Hadlich
Confirmed on KDE Neon 5.15.1. Might be due to a network printer which
was recognized automatically but now no longer exists. The fixes
mentioned above (uninstalling the print-manager) appears to work.


[ 5748.844786] plasmashell[10378]: segfault at 0 ip 7f9c5c597a50 sp 
7ffd24d6a2f0 error 4 in libkcupslib.so[7f9c5c557000+56000]


Also my logs indicate that this might be related to an AppArmor issue with the 
/usr/sbin/cupsd profile. There are multiple denied entries in the logs whichof 
I have appended one. Afterwards there is the segfault in libkcupslib. 


syslog:Feb 26 18:55:13 matteo-whatever kernel: [ 5090.165402] audit: type=1400 
audit(1551203713.010:42): apparmor="DENIED" operation="file_lock" 
profile="/usr/sbin/cupsd" name="/run/utmp" pid=1420 comm="cupsd" 
requested_mask="k" denied_mask="k" fsuid=0 ouid=0
syslog:Feb 26 18:58:11 matteo-whatever kernel: [ 5268.663312] 
plasmashell[4392]: segfault at 0 ip 7f1ee3c3ea50 sp 7ffdafee0690 error 
4 in libkcupslib.so[7f1ee3bfe000+56000]

After reinstalling the logs have changed and the "denied" entries have been 
changed into "allowed":
syslog:Feb 26 19:06:11 matteo-whatever kernel: [ 5748.809771] audit: type=1400 
audit(1551204371.662:52): apparmor="ALLOWED" operation="capable" 
profile="/usr/sbin/cupsd" pid=1420 comm="cupsd" capability=12  
capname="net_admin"


My system: 
Operating System: KDE neon 5.15
KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.1
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.55.0
Qt Version: 5.12.0
Kernel Version: 4.15.12-041512-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-01-28 Thread Claudio Nold
ith a weight of 50
libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Updates" with a weight of 50
org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Vaults" with a weight of 50
Plasma Shell startup completed
libkcups: 4

Thread 1 "plasmashell" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x7fff2a37d556 in JobModel::updateJob(int, KCupsJob const&) () from 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkcupslib.so
(gdb) bt
#0  0x7fff2a37d556 in JobModel::updateJob(int, KCupsJob const&) () from 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkcupslib.so
#1  0x7fff2a381e9f in JobModel::getJobFinished() () from 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkcupslib.so
#2  0x7fff2a3863b5 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkcupslib.so
#3  0x71e8f122 in QObject::event(QEvent*) () from 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
#4  0x72e6782c in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) 
() from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5
#5  0x72e6f0f4 in QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) () from 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5
#6  0x71e5f9a8 in QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) 
() from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
#7  0x71e6211d in QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendPostedEvents(QObject*, 
int, QThreadData*) () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
#8  0x71eb92c3 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
#9  0x7fffec0d9387 in g_main_context_dispatch () from 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#10 0x7fffec0d95c0 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#11 0x7fffec0d964c in g_main_context_iteration () from 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#12 0x71eb88ef in 
QEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents(QFlags) () 
from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
#13 0x71e5d9ea in 
QEventLoop::exec(QFlags) () from 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
#14 0x71e66a84 in QCoreApplication::exec() () from 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
#15 0x55572cfa in ?? ()
#16 0x7147cb97 in __libc_start_main (main=0x55572320, argc=1, 
argv=0x7fffde88, init=, fini=, 
rtld_fini=, 
stack_end=0x7fffde78) at ../csu/libc-start.c:310
#17 0x00005557309a in _start ()

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to plasma-workspace in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
kubuntu-bugs mailing list
kubuntu-b...@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-bugs


[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-01-25 Thread László Szalma
I confirm the error (segfault in dmesg) on kubuntu 18.10. Removing the
printer spool (/var/spool/cups/*) temporarily fixes the problem.
Removing print-manager solved the problem (with the caveats mentioned
above - no notify etc.)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-01-23 Thread fab
As suggested by @GordonLack I observe that also in a desktop pc it had
happened an operation like this immediately before the manifestation of
the symptom, precisely the request for a print preview from an
application which, however, had not set a program to be used to manage
the display. This event is therefore almost certainly the origin of the
bug.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2019-01-09 Thread Hummel, Martin
The same at me:
plasmashell[2492]: segfault at 0 ip 7ff4d97b4556 sp 7ffc42745ad0 error 
4 in libkcupslib.so[7ff4d9778000+55000]

4.15.0-43-generic

It seems the bug is unresolved since a half year.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-11-17 Thread Thomas Ribbrock
Correction to comment #17 - the "vanishing" printer was due to something
else, please disregard that part.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-11-17 Thread Thomas Ribbrock
Another +1

In my case, plasmashell started crashing like this after I had some
problems with printing a document two days back. When I started the PC
today (Kubuntu 18.04), plasmashell would keep crashing with the error
messages outlined above.

After reading this bug report, I did some digging and found the
following:

- One of the attempts of printing the document apparently resulted in a "stuck" 
print job in CUPS
- That job was listed twice with the same ID
- I could cancel one of them, but not the other one, as it had the same ID
- After manually removing the stuck job from /var/spool/cups and rebooting the 
PC, everything worked again
- Strangely enough, one of the two printers I had previously configured has now 
vanished completely from CUPS

So, the root cause seems to lie in CUPS rather than KDE, but I find it
extremely puzzling that an error in CUPS keeps KDE from starting
properly - this seems to be a bug in itself.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-11-02 Thread Andreas John
+1 from me.

I sopped cups via systemctl, then the plasmashell and the taskbar came
up again. I disabled the printer status notification in system settings,
now plasmashell and printing is working (but without notifiy).

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-10-02 Thread Cristian Arteaga
Similar behavior in Kubuntu 18.04. Today I sent a print job to a non existing 
printer and in the next reboot, plasmashell did not start, I only got a black 
screen. 
Removing print-manager fixed the issue for now.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-09-26 Thread Buddy Butterfly
Btw. I was shocked that a bug in a component could bring down the whole plasma 
shell. Where is the
design goal of decoupling of components? I mean, I love KDE, but KDEs quality 
seems to be dependent
on every little app running there? Oh my goodness I would have expected a 
list of components with its status. Something like (unloaded, loaded, active, 
broken, etc.), but KDE running up and being stable. Something like osgi for 
KDE? ;-)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-08-23 Thread vmagnin
Yes, Zaur's post is interesting: it explains why I encountered that
problem only on my laptop (which I use at home and at work with several
printers), and not on my desktop machines.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-08-23 Thread Gordon Lack
>> In case it helps, I printed today to a non-existing printer. (Or not 
>> connected now)
>> This might be the reason.

That's interesting. The system on which I had the problem also had an "unusual" 
printer defined.
I have a Brother printer/scanner, so add the Brother-supplied driver (more 
options - needed for the scanner). I then try to prevent cups from finding the 
device on the network and adding another printer entry by manually editing 
cups-browsed.conf to add BrowseDeny entries, but that doesn't always seem to 
work.
So it's possible that when I re-installed the OS (see #4) I did this in a way 
which worked differently.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-08-23 Thread Zaur Molotnikov
Deleting the non-existing printer from printers helped:
1) Delete print-manager 
$ apt-get remove print-manager
2) Start plasma
sudo service sddm restart
or
kstart plasmashell
3) Install print-manager back again
$ apt-get install print-manager
4) Open Printers
Alt-F2 -> Printers
Remove the not used printers or all of them and then install the used ones.

"Fixed"
A software fix is still necessary.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to plasma-workspace in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
kubuntu-bugs mailing list
kubuntu-b...@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-bugs


[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-08-23 Thread Zaur Molotnikov
pt engine for Plasma
ii  plasma-vault5.12.6-0ubuntu0.1   
amd64Plasma applet and services for creating encrypted 
vaults
ii  plasma-wallpapers-addons4:5.12.6-0ubuntu0.1 
amd64additional wallpaper plugins for Plasma 5
ii  plasma-widgets-addons   4:5.12.6-0ubuntu0.1 
amd64additional widgets for Plasma 5
ii  plasma-workspace4:5.12.6-0ubuntu0.1 
amd64Plasma Workspace for KF5
===

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to plasma-workspace in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
kubuntu-bugs mailing list
kubuntu-b...@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-bugs


[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-08-13 Thread Steve Baker
I can confirm same exact problems as Sergey on a computer that was once
a Dell XPS, but has been through so many upgrades, the only original
part may now be the power cord!

Uninstalling the print-manager fixed it.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-08-07 Thread Luca Morandini
Same issue here with Kubuntu 18.04 on an HP EliteBook.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-06-04 Thread Sergey Tryuber
Exactly the same issue. Plasmashell segfault with "error 4 in
libkcupslib.so". Black screen after login, all hot keys work, ALT+F2
works, but no desktop GUI. Removing "print-manager" fixed issue, but
this is a hotfix.

My system (if helps):
- Dell XPS 2-in-1
- Kubuntu 17.10 that was staying in my PC for last few months and that was 
initially grown up from Kubuntu 16.04. 
- Looks like the bug came in one of last updates.
- First that I did when saw no GUI after reboot - upgraded to 18.04 with a 
hope, that upgrade will overwrite buggy pages. But the issue remained.
- Cleaning up ".config" directory or creation of a new user does not work. New 
user accounts do not have GUI either.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-05-30 Thread vmagnin
I first encountered that bug when installing Kubuntu 17.10 on my HP
Zbook. I found a turnaround (see below) but the bug reappeared today
after upgrading to Kubuntu 18.04.

The segfault appears in libkcupslib.so, which is in the print-manager package:
$ apt-file search libkcupslib.so
print-manager: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkcupslib.so

So I removed it:
$ sudo apt-get remove print-manager

After reboot or relogging, plasma is now working.
The problem is that I can't print anymore. And if I reinstall print-manager the 
bug is back.

Note that I installed Kubuntu 17.10 & 18.04 on 5 machines, and the bug
appears only on my HP Zbook.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-05-21 Thread Launchpad Bug Tracker
Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-05-20 Thread Gordon Lack
I've had to reinstall 18.04 on this system to make it usable.
It now works - with (essentially) the same configuration and with no change to 
my $HOME files.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-05-08 Thread Gordon Lack
I've found the two attached crash files for this issue in /var/crash/


** Attachment added: "crashes.tar.gz"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+attachment/5136461/+files/crashes.tar.gz

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] Re: plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-05-08 Thread Gordon Lack
A few other things.

The affect system has these cups processes running:

root@parent:/local/configs/packages# ps -ef | grep cups
root  3421 1  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd -l
lp3423  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3424  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3425  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3426  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3427  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3428  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3429  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3430  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3431  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3432  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
root  3434  2860  0 01:49 pts/100:00:00 grep 
cupsroot@parent:/local/configs/packages# ps -ef | grep cups
root  3421 1  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd -l
lp3423  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3424  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3425  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3426  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3427  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3428  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3429  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3430  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3431  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
lp3432  3421  0 01:49 ?00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus 
dbus://
root  3434  2860  0 01:49 pts/100:00:00 grep cups

My laptop (the one I'm reporting from) which should be configured the
same) has:

[gmllaptop]: ps -ef | grep cups
root   984 1  0 01:07 ?00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd -l
root  1032 1  0 01:08 ?00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cups-browsed
gml4410   7966  4133  0 01:45 pts/200:00:00 grep cups

My (failing) desktop is also reporting:

root@parent:/var/log# grep cups-browsed syslog | grep DENIED
May  9 00:58:44 parent kernel: [   39.940369] audit: type=1400 
audit(1525823924.302:22): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" 
profile="/usr/sbin/cups-browsed" name="/local/lib/libunistring.so.2.0.0" 
pid=1133 comm="cups-browsed" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=0 ouid=0
May  9 01:11:30 parent kernel: [   39.218176] audit: type=1400 
audit(1525824690.582:22): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" 
profile="/usr/sbin/cups-browsed" name="/local/lib/libunistring.so.2.0.0" 
pid=1144 comm="cups-browsed" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=0 ouid=0
May  9 01:24:22 parent kernel: [   40.002547] audit: type=1400 
audit(1525825462.362:22): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" 
profile="/usr/sbin/cups-browsed" name="/local/lib/libunistring.so.2.0.0" 
pid=1158 comm="cups-browsed" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=0 ouid=0

(which my laptop does not) - but it has been reporting this for a long
time.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

[Bug 1770044] [NEW] plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

2018-05-08 Thread Gordon Lack
Public bug reported:

System was running fine then the desktop background went black. I continued to 
work for a while to tidy things up (open window were OK) and rebooted.
Any attempt to login will produce a black screen shortly after the desktop is 
displayed.

The problem is related to this:

[  119.186969] plasmashell[2316]: segfault at 0 ip 7f1517ee4556 sp
7ffee1d19c30 error 4 in libkcupslib.so[7f1517ea8000+55000]

This started shortly after midnight. The first one in kern.log is:

May  9 00:08:46 parent kernel: [22487.658162] plasmashell[10497]:
segfault at 0 ip 7faf64cce556 sp 7ffe0cbc0b60 error 4 in
libkcupslib.so[7faf64c92000+55000]

so I suspect this is something to do with anacron scripts.

May  9 00:08:39 parent anacron[10182]: Job `cron.daily' started

The only packages updated since yesterday are:

root@parent:/local/configs/packages# diff installed.list.2018-0508 
installed.list
448c448
< ii  intel-microcode   
3.20180312.0~ubuntu18.04.1  amd64Processor microcode 
firmware for Intel CPUs
---
> ii  intel-microcode   
> 3.20180425.1~ubuntu0.18.04.1amd64Processor microcode 
> firmware for Intel CPUs
1112c1112
< ii  libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18:amd64 2.20.1-1
amd64JavaScript engine library from WebKitGTK+
---
> ii  libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18:amd64 2.20.2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 
> amd64JavaScript engine library from WebKitGTK+
1827c1827
< ii  libraw16:amd640.18.8-1
amd64raw image decoder library
---
> ii  libraw16:amd640.18.8-1ubuntu0.1   
> amd64raw image decoder library
2073c2073
< ii  libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37:amd642.20.1-1
amd64Web content engine library for GTK+
---
> ii  libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37:amd642.20.2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 
> amd64Web content engine library for GTK+
2717c2717
< ii  update-notifier-common3.192   
all  Files shared between update-notifier and other 
packages
---
> ii  update-notifier-common3.192.1 
> all  Files shared between update-notifier and 
> other packages

but I don't see it being any of them. The microcode update didn't
actually change the firmware file for this system, and a reboot to the
previous kernel had the same problem anyway.

NOTE: that any attached system data is for the wrong system (correct Ubuntu 
release though).
Since I have no desktop login on the affected system I can't run apport-bug 
there.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: plasma-workspace 4:5.12.4-0ubuntu3
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-20.21-generic 4.15.17
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-20-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: KDE
Date: Wed May  9 01:36:24 2018
InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-11-01 (188 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64 (20171017.1)
SourcePackage: plasma-workspace
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-05-02 (7 days ago)

** Affects: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu)
 Importance: Undecided
 Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug bionic

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1770044

Title:
  plasmashell crashes on login - so I can't use my desktop system.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1770044/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs