Ignore my last post. Garbage. I had overlooked a rather obvious fact of screen manufacturing: each method will have slight variance in terms of absolute PPI, resulting in variance not only in physical pixelDensity differences but in how accurately the OS will bother to account for them in
Thanks, Brian. With your stats we now have our first anomaly, between the two platforms: The iOS math checks out in terms of the reported logical metrics matching the physical pixels per the pixel density. But when we compare the iPhone 5.5" screen with the LG Stylo 5.5" screen, LiveCode
iPhone6SPlus: 5.5" 1242x2208 414x736 414x736 3 On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode < firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > Yesterday, in reply to Ralph's post I included these notes about mobile > metrics: > > > ...it seems that LC's resolution-independence works
Yesterday, in reply to Ralph's post I included these notes about mobile metrics: > ...it seems that LC's resolution-independence works very much like > that of browsers (probably using the same OS APIs under the hood), > using logical metrics rather than physical. ... > I just ran a quick test
Hello Peter - Scaling is tempting, but problematic. Automating that with the stack's scaleFactor would be quick, but will scale everything, even controls the user needs to interact with. If the default size is good will they be usable at a smaller size? will text be readable? Hand-coding a
The following is only one opinion of many possible. First, you should consider automatic scaling only with a very restricted amount of cases. These are for example sort of games, where the "playing field" is the better the larger it is, and the icons / images and their relative positions or
After i sent my post I wondered if perhaps there were unseen gremlins in the script. I copied it out and pasted into BBEDIT and "Zap(ped) gremlins" (one of my favourite BBEDT commands). Pasted the zapped script back into LC and everything was back in sync. How I ended up with some unseen
I have been modifying one of my utility apps and have hit a strange glitch. While trying to debug the script I find the visual feedback of where I am in the script to be out of sync by, it appears, 4 lines. For those interested in how this looks I have uploaded a video of same.