Testing on an Android device, the "Standalone builder progress" window
shows first "Building classes" and then for a brief moment "Building
executable", after which an error window reads "Unable to build app for
testing: could not open module file".
Searched the forums but no mention at all of
> hh wrote:
> You could try to use (respects UCI word boundaries):
> if the num of trueWords in myString is 0
> Works here in LC 7 and later.
Sorry: ICU - International Components for Unicode (not UCI).
>> I use “the number of words in myString = 0” to test whether
>> a line of text appears
You could try to use (respects UCI word boundaries):
if the num of trueWords in myString is 0
Works here in LC 7 and later.
> I use “the number of words in myString = 0” to test whether
> a line of text appears empty, since I want a line with only
> space characters to be understood as empty.
I wonder if the 202 value would disappear if you did this:
put textDecode(the clipboarddata["text"], "utf8") into field 1
I don't know the answer, just putting it out there.
On 1/12/18 4:48 PM, David Epstein via use-livecode wrote:
I use “the number of words in myString = 0”
I use “the number of words in myString = 0” to test whether a line of text
appears empty, since I want a line with only space characters to be understood
But a line of text I pasted from elsewhere contained an invisible character
whose charToNum value is 202, and this was counted as a
That is precisely why we are having this conversation. An assumption was
made that creating an HTML version of plain text was needed for the
On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:51 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
> Non- starter. Can't make assumptions
Non- starter. Can't make assumptions about the end user's intent. What if what
he was copying was SUPPOSED to have double line breaks or carriage returns? The
complaint would be that LC was taking liberties with user's data!
> On Jan 12, 2018, at 09:42 , Brian Milby via use-livecode
The last one is possible. As far as substacks getting moved and breaking
references, the Standalone Builder takes that into account I believe. Also, if
the stack files are contained in the folder the SB creates for them, I
*believe* that the engine will upon failing to find a stack reference,
If the script of an object is running, the stack it belongs to is open. If you
reference an object in a closed stack (correct me if I am wrong) LC will load
the stack the object belongs to into memory.
> On Jan 12, 2018, at 08:54 , Mike Bonner via use-livecode
On 01/11/2018 12:19 PM, Heather Laine via use-livecode wrote:
Well, indeed, Mr TBA is currently overworked. Would anyone like to step up and
relieve him of the pressure?
I have attended several TBA sessions at various conferences over the
years, and I can attest to the intriguing and often
So there are 2 issues with how LiveCode is handling placing text onto the
- converting plain text to HTML on the clipboard
- using tags for each line break when converting to HTML
I’m not sure of the reasoning behind the first issue. I understand wanting
to have the native LC format
Would this work with a stack on disk that hasn't been opened yet?
Definitely stealing your functions thx. :)
Oh, as to the OP, my first thought on why it wasn't working, is that the
stack wasn't open (hence the need to address it's on disk location), but
another thought occurred to me. I'm
> On Jan 11, 2018, at 15:17 , Warren Samples via use-livecode
>> I get the list as an eMail in my inbox. If I want to reply, you click
>> “Reply”. Then you have to change the name of the eMail, then copy and paste
>> the text from the thread you
Don't you mean:
put the dgdata of grp 1 of CARD 1 OF stack "path/to/dgstack.livecode" into
If you are going to be using full paths for this, I recommend using my fine
functions getParentCard() and getParentStack().
function getParentCard pObjectID
put offset("card id", pObjectID)
I have several server-side LC scripts that transform text and data
uploaded by end users on web pages into xml to be stored in a database and
used later in other web pages or apps.
The problem is, despite all the correction scripts I have added, that
sometimes the uploaded content
Sorry, forgot to change Subject in previous posting...
I found this problem was particularly annoying when trying to extract info from
vCards exported from Contacts on the Mac, so I developed a tiny app in LC
I've put together a web page about this app together
Mail list logo